New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC II

'The Refuge in Depravity? What is the man trying to prove, but I admit I'm curious to know just how angry he is with us.'

'If anyone is inclined to try anything down there I would suggest we find out what our illustrious host thinks of that sort of thing. On Scintilla it's considered bad form to murder people at dinner. Or at least to do so openly.'

Spoiler
    Show

Common Lore Koronus to have any idea how violent Rogue Trader parties get
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[4]

Retroactive Inquiry to have asked Ms Devereaux by astropath if she knows anything notable about Quinn's bridge crew. Entirely possible I won't get a response immediately anyway.
    vs. Fel 47
    (1d100)[49]

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

It is in rather poor taste, what? The man seems to lack a certain amount of gentility. No better than a jumped-up pirate. Still, Hannabel, perhaps avoid attempting any assassination attempts. We don't want to be seen as rude. Bring us in, and we shall be nothing short of polite and refined. Macharius pauses to look pointedly and sternly at Hannabel. Otherwise, how will he know I'm better than him? He winks at her with a smile.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"If the Emperor Emperor Emperor Emperor wants Quinn dead Quinn wants, I am certain I am the opportunity will arise opportunity. All things all in their due time in due time."

If proper circumstances allowed for it, Echo was fully on board with eliminating such a man, after what he'd heard, but for the moment, his thoughts were merely adjacent to Quinn. What sort of Navis would serve this craven animal? he wondered as he looked at the distant Refuge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Common Lore (Navis Noblite) (71): (1d100)[47]
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

"Disappear doesn't have to mean 'kill', you know," Hannabel huffs. "He could end up taking an extended vacation all by himself. Or perhaps discover his faith and a need to live out his life as a hermit without human contact. The possibilities are endless. Besides, with a name like that for his flagship he's probably a cad and a bounder. What if there were a pressing need to defend a maiden's honour? Someone like Bolterface over there? Surely one among you would step up and do the honourable thing?" she sniffles dramatically.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Firbolg in the Playground

++A extended nap with a junior ambull for a bunkmate++
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Rogue Trader parties in general, and Winterscale's bashes in particular, had a reputation for getting out of hand. Violence- especially duels - was by no means unheard of, but outright assassination attempts were considered terribly gauche. Which is not to say that it had never happened, just that the people responsible tended not to recieve further invitations. Given Calligos Winterscale's notoriety, being kept off the typically expansive guest list for one of his gala events was already tantamount to social destruction. Thus far, nobody had been brave enough to try anything egregious at one of his parties. Quite apart from the risk of ostracism, there was Winterscale's famous temper to deal with.

Anika's entreaties to Ms. Devereaux were unsuccessful, though Jonell's seneschal was more than happy to help. It was simply that she didn't know many details about Quinn's current bridge crew. It was apparently common practice by the dynasty to rotate staff regularly between the different ships in the fleet. The common explanation was that this resulted in more rounded crews, used to serving on a variety of vessels and able to plug any gaps in skill that arose due to promotions or deaths. Ms. Devereaux's personal suspicion was that it also meant no one given crew member could be guaranteed to know anything about Quinn's current activities...

With the possible exception of his navigators. Those tended to stay within the confines of their chambers on each ship. Quinn had contracts with a variety of houses, but which one provided the Navigator serving on his personal flagship was not commonly known.

+++

The Sting settled into orbit above the planet, and those fortunate enough to be shuttling down to attend the party convened in the main bay, after attending to any changes of clothing required. Armed with the landing coordinates they had been given, they set course for Winterscale's manor estate. The flight path seemed to be precisely calculated to give those within the Aquila the greatest possible view of the sweeping vistas and expansive grounds commanded by the estate house - which was, itself, more akin to a small city than a single man's residence, let alone merely a summer palace. Winterscale's wealth was on full ostentatious display, the manor a sprawling complex of gardens, domes, minarets and arches. Buttressed walls surrounded soaring stone buildings, studded with precious metals and stained glass. Macharius spotted what looked like a Cathedral to rival the largest on Scintilla, supported on vast pillars at the end of a causeway overlooking a broad mountain valley. Ravia caught sight of herds of exotic xenos beasts within the valley, travelling in packs and grazing on the multicoloured plants. Much of the foliage on the planet bore red leaves, rather than green - an adaptation to the unusual wavelength of the radiation from the system's star. The landing pads and shuttle bays were a riot of activity, vessels of all makes and levels of ornamentation surrounded by legions of techpriests and servitor crew members.

Macharius' Aquila touched down in a nearly full bay on the third level of the landing complex, next to an open skiff designed for atmospheric flight and an obviously well-used Arvus that nevertheless bore gilded traceries around its canopy and doors. They were greeted on disembarking by a cadre of robed attendants and a servitor with an auspex of some sort embedded in place of its eyes. The lead attendant checked their shuttle registration against his dataslate. "Welcome... Macharius Absalom. If you could present your invitation to the servitor for veriscan?"
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika rolls her eyes at Hannabel and Ravia, 'If you do anything of that nature try not to get caught. It's really the main rule of belonging to the nobility. Felidae though is obviously free to duel anyone she pleases'

-----

As a concession to the occasion Anika is wearing the one formal black dress she has for events like these. It's still largely made to be as comfortable as possible. On the way down she'll spend of the time looking out of the window and taking the odd picture.

8. - Top - End - #278

Lizardfolk

With the help of Absalom tailors and fashion experts, Kennoch had grudgingly left behind his void-suit, but somehow managed to put together something that hid his body even further. He wore a set of thick, flowing robes with overlapping layers of blue and silver (the colors of House Castermire) and matching gloves and slippers. The silk and cotton fabrics were high-quality and expertly stitched, yet still not as interesting as his silver mask. It had only one opening, fitted perfectly to the pict-lens of his memorance implant; his other two eyes were covered. In the spot over his warp-eye was a stylized depiction of that organ in gold. The human orb beneath it was represented by a sapphire. Between them were two smaller orange garnets, and below the sapphire was a string of other gems trailing across his cheek. The depiction became clear: with his warp-eye as the Sun, his human eye as holy Terra, Mars as a ruby teardrop, and the other planets represented in jewels of various sizes and shades, humanity's birthplace was written across his face. A tiny flake of moonstone on the edge of his jawline even represented Pluto. Kennoch's mask also had a rectangular window over his mouth, covered with a strip of silk that merged into the layers around his neck and shoulders; he could lift it up to eat or drink with privacy.

He struggled with the decision, but in the end, the Navigator had removed his shoulder-mounted Hellpistol (newly-modified from Zayth). It just seemed too visible and aggressive for this sort of gathering; hopefully his more dangerous companions could protect him if necessary, and in the worst-case scenario, he could always pull off his mask and unleash Chaos with his stare. He did bring along his ceremonial staff, though that was hardly for protection.

Once they had landed, Echo folded his hands together across his chest, tucking them into the opposite sleeve, and stood a few respectful paces behind Macharius in silence. His head slowly turned from side to side, recording all he saw. From this point on, he'd try to capture as many images of the party and their fellow guests as he could; after it was all said and done, perhaps they'd find some use in reviewing the footage.

~ Sophistemon

9. - Top - End - #279

++Do not worry i am potentially unlikely to accidentally stuff someone into a occupied stasis tube++
    ++I mean really i would not want to risk damaging the Ambull with some obtuse trader who may have pointy objects on him++
    ++It would be better if such a specimen fell unconscious into the cool room in in the servitor lab++

++Will make sure to leave it unrestricted to command staff since i wont be anywhere near the hoity toitey if i can so help it, i intend to see if i can find who can get me near one of those lovely looking beasts down there++
    ++But you know if i had to bring down a stasis tube for one of them and someone fell into it we'd not know for months until the Ambull project was completed++
    Last edited by Leon; 2020-04-18 at 03:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    Anika rolls her eyes at Hannabel and Ravia, 'If you do anything of that nature try not to get caught. It's really the main rule of belonging to the nobility. Felidae though is obviously free to duel anyone she pleases'Hannabel laughs gaily at Anika's reply.
    "Oh, no-no-no-no! I meant that Felidae is the maiden and that someone else would be duelling for her honour. If not the Lord Captain... Almagor, maybe?"" she winks.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Banned

I will most certainly duel for my own honor, if need arises. You can't seriously think otherwise.

Although, truth be told, my 'honor' is not so prescious a thing that I'd see the need to fight over it.

Felidae, somewhat immune to parties, will wear an armored bodyglove, over which she will drape the absolute minimum required to get past the doormen. She more than half expects Macharius to something to say about it - 'you certainly can't be part of my entourage dressed in that! - but will try her best to get away with it.

12. - Top - End - #282

++Presenting "Lady" Bolterface++
    ++hmm has a ring to it++

Ravia looks pretty much as you normally see her when not equipped for war, somewhat battered red Greatcoat barely covering the coiled mass of the Medical dendrite and modified to accommodate the Exploration Dendrite which has been draped like a fur across her shoulders and no effort made to mask her claws.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Discussion before meeting Winterscale's greeters
    "Pfft. In politics, your honour is precisely as precious as it needs to be for our purposes. Didn't they teach you anything in adjutant school?" Hannabel retorts snippily.

"And unless you think you can pull off being seen as equal in rank to a Rogue Trader, I think the best you'll get is someone laughing in your face if you challenge them to a duel. If they insult a 'friend' of the Lord Captain's, however...well, then it would be bad form of him to let such a thing pass, don't you know. It would be his honour as much as hers on the line, you see," she expounds.

"But, to be fair, I suppose it would be asking a bit much of you to play the part, dear. No one would buy it anyway if you intend to show up at the party in that...thing," Hannabel notes archly with a cool look at Felidae's bodyglove.

In the shuttle bay
    Hannabel disembarks with the rest of officers. Suddenly, there's a crashing sound from the back of the Aquila as two crewmen manhandle a heavy coffer out of the shuttle and manage to drop it as they attempt to load it onto a waiting baggage cart. "Careful with that, you lumbering nitwits!" she curses. "You break or tear anything in there, and I'll have you cleaning rad sludge from the bilges for a month!"
    Last edited by rax; 2020-04-20 at 02:56 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius goes all out for this event. Thanks to their recent rise in fortunes, the dynasty is in the best shape it's been in years, and he intends to flaunt it. He keeps to the black and gold color scheme of House Absalom, of course, but that restriction only ensures that the opulence is more clear for those in the know. The fabrics are ordered from Scintilla, made from now-extinct beasts and plants, worth a small fortune for an inch of cloth. The embroidery, traceries of devotional symbols and runes, is pure gold, woven into thread and reinforced in diamond. He's kept the power sword as an affectation, but the hilt has been encrusted with precious metals and the pommel surmounted by a diamond the size of a man's fist. The scabbard now shows scenes of mankind (and House Absalom)'s victories over the alien, the mutant, and the heretic, detailed in solid gold and precious stones. He wears his Rosarius proudly on his chest, polished to a brilliant sheen. In short, he looks somewhere between an Ecclesiarch and a crusade admiral, his outfit making his allegiances plain. In comparison, Almagor and Murphy look relatively plain, their black silk and gold thread garments and gilded helmets only worth as much as a large hab block each. Mustn't show up their master, after all. However, Macharius is no fool. He has his archaoetech protective shirt on underneath his finery, and the sword has been carefully balanced so that the ornamentation doesn't affect the handling in the slightest.

He chuckles in the shuttle, obviously in fine spirits. I somehow doubt any Rogue Traders are going to be speaking to Felidae. She doesn't exactly look like a Trader in that outfit. And challenging her to a duel would be both suicidal and a massive faux pas. To challenge a retainer would mean that the Trader considers her his equal. Win or lose, his social standing will never recover.

The outfit is... a tad unfortunate, but it is somewhat fashionable to have one's champion-at-arms be obviously menacing in certain circles. The ravening beast on a silken leash, so they say. Power armor would be gauche, but she does look ready to accept any challenges that are directed towards me. If that rapscallion does attempt anything, I'm sure Felidae will be up to the task of cutting down his champion.

When they arrive and are asked for his credentials, Almagor steps forward with a small bow, handing the invitation to Macharius to present and taking it back after the scan.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2020-04-19 at 01:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Banned

Pfft .. 'unfortunate'. It's black, with a golden sash and shoulder guards - it's the House colors. It's appropriate for a retainer without rank, who's kept around solely for an unusual talent for making things dead. And anyone who feels differently can have a brief debate about it with the knuckles of my fist!
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2020-04-20 at 12:23 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

The robed adept took the invitation and held it up for the servitor to look at. The servitor beeped, emitting a strangled squall of binary, and settled back. The attendant nodded approvingly. "Excellent. Welcome to Solace Encarmine, Lord Captain, we do hope you enjoy your stay. You and your retinue are to be quartered in the Valley Spire, level three. Horace will show you to your rooms. During the course of the event, it would be appreciated if you would restrict your movements to your quarters and the designated gala halls. The property is quite large, and very easy to get lost in if you don't know your way around." He bowed, and a junior attendant, presumably Horace, stepped forwards.

"If you would follow me, sirs?" He glanced at Hannabel's trunk. "And will you be requiring any assistance with your luggage?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika will step forward, 'Excuse me. Is the guest list to this event publicly available? Some friends of ours might be attending and I was wondering how easy it might be to track them down.'

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    "If you would follow me, sirs?" He glanced at Hannabel's trunk. "And will you be requiring any assistance with your luggage?"
    "Most definitely, Horace dear, most definitely," Hannabel answers with a relieved smile. "I hope you have some steady hands nearby to assist you, though, or else you'll have to rely on these two cackhanded lefties to do the heavy lifting," she continues with a mock poisonous glance at the Absalom crewmen.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

"The guest list is extensive," Horace said, waving for a few extra hands to help Hannabel with her things. "Do you know the names of the people you were hoping to meet? It would perhaps be easier for me to look them up directly."

The Winterscale estate was staffed with a small army of attendants, apparently, and all of the group's trunks, luggage and portables were shortly hefted onto carts and pushed off. Horace himself stayed with the group, talking as they walked. "The Valley Spire is one of two major guest residences at the estate. The other is the Forest Spire, which is still nearby. The Valley Spire is the older of the two, originally built by Liphardus Winterscale around 450M41. It has since been expanded, but level 3 is within the confines of the original structure. You'll have an excellent view of the valley below from most of your rooms."

The suite of rooms was massive, and still only took up a small percentage of the spire's total floor space. The halls they passed through on the way there were richly decorated, covered in gilt moulding and frescos depicting the victories of the Winterscale Dynasty. The doors had been built of Medusan ironwood, imported all the way from Ultima Segmentum at ludicrous expense, but would stand up to anything short of a lascannon. The walls, Horace informed them, were reinforced ferrocrete beneath the ornamentation, and similarly durable. The vast windows were military-grade armourplas, and despite their size, overlooking the tree-lined valley, should be quite secure. Winterscale wanted his guests to feel safe from attack in their rooms.

The rooms themselves were huge. The front door opened into an atrium, and then a large central chamber with a vaulted ceiling, painted to resemble the night sky and studded with twinkling lights. This was set up as a meeting room and gathering area, with a smaller smoking room to the side. The smoking room was panelled in wood, and featured a fully stocked bar as well as a variety of exotic cigars. A third room, also just off the central room, held a billiards table and an antique gramophone. The bedrooms, of which there were six, each with its own bathroom, were off secondary hallways connected to the central area, three on each side. The central room and each of the bedrooms featured large windows - the view was spectacular. One of the bedrooms, likely intended for Mechanicus representatives, also held a servitor charging station, a cogitator unit, and more robust power linkages than the other five. Each of the bedrooms was decorated differently, though all retained the same basic style: wood panelling, gold trim, accents in cool colours.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    "The guest list is extensive," Horace said, waving for a few extra hands to help Hannabel with her things. "Do you know the names of the people you were hoping to meet? It would perhaps be easier for me to look them up directly."
    Anika is impassive, 'Captain Quinn for one, and Captain Jonell once he and his people actually arrive. If not I expect we can catch up with them at some point during the party itself.' If it was easy to find other people's rooms it would also be easy for other people to find them.

The security of the rooms alleviated Anika's paranoia somewhat, while the amount of money that the Winterscales must have spent on this place was difficult to credit. 'This place would give Governor Hax a run for his money. Of course it's a political lesson for anyone who gets an invite.'

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Hannabel giggles in delight at the ostentatiousness of the rooms, happily inspecting each of the bedrooms and bouncing on the beds to find the best one. Having settled on the fourth room, she then has the serving staff deliver her trunk there before swinging by the smoking room for cigars and a large tumbler of iced raenka.

Lounging in one of the sofas, she expounds to whoever else is there: "This place is a fortress masquerading as a palace. How much do you want to bet that they can lock us in here at the drop of a hat if they feel like it? And where do you think they've stashed the pict-recorders? In the light fixtures? Behind the bathroom mirrors?"

22. - Top - End - #292

++Hmm, i should have bought a servitor down to make full use of the facilities++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

23. - Top - End - #293
    Banned

Felidae - who is from an analog sort of world - notices the gramophone, and starts leafing through the records. Obviously, none of them are known to her, so she picks one at random, puts it on, and music flows from artfully hidden speakers.

Oohh - jazzy, she mutters, humming along.

24. - Top - End - #294

Lizardfolk

As a Navis, Kennoch was no stranger to luxury, but the scale of it still left him quietly impressed. Mr. Wah Dell went to explore their room more thoroughly, while he joined Hannabel. Echo decided not to smoke himself, for fear of setting his costume on fire, but he enjoyed the secondhand aroma of her cigar. He sipped dammassine through a straw and surveyed the room.

"Probably all that probably and more more more more," he agreed. Surveillance was just par for the course--and he couldn't very well complain, since he was doing a bit of it himself. "I cannot help but wonder cannot help wonder what Winterscale's Winterscale's Winterscale's own quarters are like own like. Certainly even grander even."

~ Sophistemon

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika ignores the rooms and makes herself a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Lounging in one of the sofas, she expounds to whoever else is there: "This place is a fortress masquerading as a palace. How much do you want to bet that they can lock us in here at the drop of a hat if they feel like it? And where do you think they've stashed the pict-recorders? In the light fixtures? Behind the bathroom mirrors?"
    'I'm mostly confident none of us have done anything to receive personal attention.' Anika says airily 'Unless someone has something they want to tell me. And if you try talking into the light fixtures and get a response I would very much like to hear about it.'

To Kennoch, 'And he has the whole place to himself when he's not entertaining. Could sleep in a different suite every night.'

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

'I'm mostly confident none of us have done anything to receive personal attention.' Anika says airily 'Unless someone has something they want to tell me. And if you try talking into the light fixtures and get a response I would very much like to hear about it.'
    "If I were Winterscale I'd be listening in on everybody. I mean, just imagine how many plots, plans and business ventures he could get wind of while everyone's running their mouths off in their 'private' apartments. Not to mention all the delicious gossip he could pick up on," Hannabel answers with a smirk. "It would be funny to find out just how much they're listening and watching though. Perhaps the Magos could go to the bathroom and disrobe? If we hear screaming, we'll know they were watching!"

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Anika is impassive, 'Captain Quinn for one, and Captain Jonell once he and his people actually arrive. If not I expect we can catch up with them at some point during the party itself.' If it was easy to find other people's rooms it would also be easy for other people to find them.
    Horace nodded, tapping on his dataslate. "Captain Quinn is already here. He's been quartered in the Forest Spire, along with his party. Captain Jonell... looks like he'll be in Valley Spire with you. I could have a message passed along to either one, if you'd like. They would be able to share their room locations and access with you at their discretion."

Once Anika had answered, and he had ascertained that there were no more immediate concerns, Horace departed. He left them with a visitor's map of the estate and grounds, and a timetable of events for the party. There was still some time to go before things kicked off properly, so there would be lots of opportunities for exploring. Of course, there was also the option of staying in their rooms, enjoying Winterscale's hospitality without risk of bumping into anyone they'd rather not meet.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Wow, didn't mean to go this long without updating. Been losing track of time a little over here. If you could give me a brief list of things you'd like to do before the party, I'll get those rolling. Winterscale's estate is huge, and there's lots of things to look at in the areas you're allowed to visit. There's a museum, menagerie, several ballrooms, a handful of distilleries, expansive gardens, temples, chapels, greenhouses, a sporting complex, libraries... lots of things to look at, if you want to. Is there anyone you're paricularly looking to bump into and talk to? Lots of other Rogue Traders here, including several of the big important ones, though no Aspyce Chorda. She wasn't invited.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

To Horace, 'We may have to get back to you on that.' She glances at the others, 'We have matters we may need to discuss first. I'll find you or one of your people when we need you.'

To Hannabel, 'I'm sure he can afford the staff to do that if he wants, but narrowing it down to what's important might take some work. I wonder if they are organised enough to keep files on any of us or just Macharius?'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

I'll need to think about any other business, but Anika is definitely going to any museums.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius, of course, takes the grandest and most opulent room, as befits a Rogue Trader. Quite a nice place, what? Excellent accommodations, Horace. Do let my friend Captain Jonell know that we're here as well when he arrives. Ah yes, I suppose that this is a prime opportunity to catch up with old friends. Has Jerot Penthon arrived? The man's not likely to miss this big of an opportunity to swap war stories. What about Morwenna Theophilis? Not overly fond of you, Anika, as I recall, but an excellent dancer and a better trader. This will be delightful. Ah, but first things first! We must, of course, go to the temple to thank the God-Emperor for our safe arrival. Truly, He works all things to His glorious ends.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    What about Morwenna Theophilis? Not overly fond of you, Anika, as I recall, but an excellent dancer and a better trader. This will be delightful. Ah, but first things first! We must, of course, go to the temple to thank the God-Emperor for our safe arrival. Truly, He works all things to His glorious ends.[/COLOR]
    Anika makes a face and mutters, 'The feeling is mutual. The woman shouldn't have said what she said.' Some people made her feel like she was still in school. 'If we're likely to be dealing with people like that I feel like I should be present for some of it. Otherwise I expect to be parked in Winterscale's museum. It will be interesting to see what they have to show off.'