New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC II

The Night Before

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    "Why would a Navigator House be looking for old Inquisitor-Rogue Trader Kobras "Kill 'em all" Aquairre?" Hannabel asks. "I mean, he disappeared into the Rifts literally ages ago. Him and his whole fleet except for a frigate he sent back to Port Wander to report."
    "Well, House Malaspina served him well served. If the rumor rumor is true true--if if if--any remains of his fleet remains fleet would be of high value high value. Aquairre's exploration data data. His ships themselves ships. The raw prestige raw of such a find such find. But we must remember we must that Lady Ambra Ambra Ambra could be searching could for something else too something. All I know all is that it is that must be grand grand to warrant warrant her personal attention personal."

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    To Echo, 'I take it Navigator Houses don't like to share their private business?'
    He shrugged. "No more than no more any nobles or organization nobles any. Everyone has their secrets has. The Malaspina specifically Malaspina Malaspina have many many. They are not are not highly regarded highly, so I feel no shame no shame in intervening ourselves ourselves. Pending further investigation further, of course of course."

The Next Day

"You think Quinn is going to come out for the hunts?"
    "Where else would he where get that feather feather for his cap for his?" Echo remarked dryly.
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Breakfast

Unwrapping the parcel, Kennoch found a folded sheet of parchment, a single holo-wafer, and a battered and rusted chunk of machinery encased in a small metal box. Clicked on, the holo-wafer displayed a white lion on an amber field - the ancestral heraldry of House Mercator. The metal box had a single red light on the case, and some sort of design on the other side, caked in a thick layer of dust and grime, but was otherwise unremarkable. Judging from its state, whether it still functioned as intended was questionable at best. Ravia recognised it as an old model of Salvation Augur, designed to sound a warning alarm when it detected radiation or atmospheric hazards.

The parchment had been folded around a set of grainy pict-prints, three in total. The first was a starship, silhouetted against a planet in the background. The second was from the surface of a planet, and depicted a series of hab-structures, all ruined or overgrown. The third was the least clear, and showed three figures standing over the photographer, against a backdrop of trees and sky. It was difficult to make out many details, but one of the figures was clearly a Navigator, his closed Warp Eye prominently visible despite the overall poor quality. The note on the parchment was cryptic, at best, and did little to clarify anything about the pictures, other than their origin.

You struck me as someone who understands the value of secrets. I believe these may be more meaningful to you than to me. They were pulled from the memory of a dead servitor, on a world with no name that I know. I send them as a promise of future co-operation.
    - L.
    As it happened, Kennoch's correspondance to Remalia Brabazon had also been returned. The lady's letter was short, and notably less cryptic.

Lord Castermire,

You assume correctly. I remain aboard the
    Mailed Fist. I thank you for the picts you have sent, and invite you to continue. It is a welcome view into the events happening on the surface. My tales are, I fear, less interesting than your own. We have had a profitable journey, and my Captain's colonies proceed well. We may need to return to Calixis once more, though I hope I can convince him to seek the supplies needed at the (admittedly higher) prices of the Expanse. The Maw passage is trying at best.

-Remalia Brabazon
    While Kennoch was reading, Williams drafted responses to the various Rogue Traders Macharius had requested meetings with. The hunting was expected to take some time, but there would still be plenty of opportunity to meet with them all before dinner.

Anika was fairly certain she'd heard of Hadarak Fel somewhere, and that he was a Rogue Trader. Hadn't his Dynasty been one of the trade wars she'd turned up? She couldn't call up anything further about him for the moment, though.

Hunting Day

The expeditions were all set to start from an outbuilding near the edge of the estate's main cluster of structures. Upon arrival, it proved to be a garage. Winterscale maintained a small fleet of gravskiffs, each capable of carrying fifteen people or so. Adepts scurried about the place, performing rituals of activation and maintenance, trying to get enough skiffs running for the gathering set of entourages. Winterscale was overseeing, shouting orders and gesticulating frantically at his group of guests. Anika spotted Quinn standing near one skiff, along with four armsmen. Most of the Traders present had brought a similar number of associates - they'd need two or three skiffs to hold everyone.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    He shrugged. "No more than no more any nobles or organization nobles any. Everyone has their secrets has. The Malaspina specifically Malaspina Malaspina have many many. They are not are not highly regarded highly, so I feel no shame no shame in intervening ourselves ourselves. Pending further investigation further, of course of course."
    'Maybe we should offer our assistance? If they're looking for something out by the Rifts they might even appreciate it.'

Hunting Day

Anika will point Quinn out to the others, 'I suppose we could always make nice, if only to see how he takes it.'

4. - Top - End - #394

Lizardfolk

Breakfast

'Maybe we should offer our assistance? If they're looking for something out by the Rifts they might even appreciate it.'
    "Mmm, perhaps perhaps," Echo agreed hesitantly. "But they might they resent any intrusion resent intrusion. Wouldn't we wouldn't, if strangers arrived strangers at Port Davis Davis Davis Davis, even with smiles even with? More mouths means smaller bites means smaller for everyone for at the table at at the."

But soon Echo was focused on the package. He studied each item with a puzzled frown behind his mask. What was he supposed to make of this?

Why think of me in this matter, Lorenzo? This seems wholly unrelated to our conversation last night. Why assume these items would interest me, especially when we know so little about one another? Do you just think to intrigue me with a mystery? Or is it a test? You said you preferred to watch rather than act yourself. Are you waiting to see what I do next? Whatever your motives, you must know more than your note says. Who recovered the servitor? What else did its remains reveal? How did you come across it? I'll have questions for you when we talk again--and I suspect you'll be frustratingly coy with your answers. He touched the last pict, lightly tracing the Navigator with his nail. Who are you, and why should I care?

Careful not to dirty his silk gloves, Kennoch offered the Augur to Ravia. "Can you tell can you me anything me about this device device, Honored Magos Magos Magos?"

Although his mind was elsewhere, Echo also passed Remalia's note to Macharius. "Lord-Commander Lord-Commander Lord-Commander, it seems Captain Jonell Jonell Jonell needs new supplies new. Perhaps we could we facilitate an arrangement arrangement between him and Saul him Saul or another of another your new friends your. Please two allies two with one cargo hold one hold."

The Hunt

Back in his void-suit, safe and secure like a turtle from the stars, and comforted by the gun on his shoulder, Echo flipped one hand vaguely in response to Anika; he had no particular opinion on how to handle Quinn, other than to take the rest of his ships and kill the de facto pirate when they next had the chance. Until then, he left the matter to people who knew better...though he was still curious what Navis staffed Quinn's flagship. That answer could probably wait until the inevitable boarding party.
    Last edited by Blarghy; 2020-06-27 at 10:18 PM.

~ Sophistemon

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius looks over at Anika and Hanabelle. What I'm looking for in a marriage? Same as anyone else, of course: alliances, powerful allies, the prospect of mutual profit. And ensuring that our eventual heir inherits a thriving dynasty. What else could I want in a wife?

Yes, if she's a Lord Captain as well, our heir could have two warrants. Assuming they meet the requirements, of course; the Absalom warrant is passed to the eldest heir unless the previous Captain declares another child his successor, but some warrants are strictly matriarchal or patriarchal or whatnot.

He reads the note. Interesting. Yes, I suppose we could try to broker a deal. Ingratiate ourselves with two friends at once.

------------------------

Are you suggesting we go on his skiff? Macharius looks at her levelly. Anika, the man's a bloody pirate, and he knows damn well that I took his ship. I'd rather not turn my back to him when I know he has a gun in hand. The only time I intend to share a vehicle in close quarters is when we're seizing his flagship. However, this is an excellent opportunity to network. He will look around to see what Traders they could accompany.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2020-06-28 at 10:34 PM.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blarghy View Post
    "Mmm, perhaps perhaps," Echo agreed hesitantly. "But they might they resent any intrusion resent intrusion. Wouldn't we wouldn't, if strangers arrived strangers at Port Davis Davis Davis Davis, even with smiles even with? More mouths means smaller bites means smaller for everyone for at the table at at the."
    'I think that depends on how likely it is that they are successful without us, but I don't know anything about the Malaspinas and whether they are the type to play well with others. Whatever we do there we would need to investigate further first.'

As Echo hands over the augur Anika is curious enough to pay attention to the parcel. 'I'm sure that would be very useful in the right circumstances, but where did it come from?'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

From looking over Echo's shoulder

Scrutiny on the Augur
    vs. Per 43
    (1d100)[3]

Common Lore (Koronus) on the pictures
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[71]

To Macharius, 'Well picking a woman that you actually like is obviously a bonus.' Anika does not expect to be taken seriously on that point. 'The rest is all politics, which I suppose you can put off until it's a problem.'

----

'Well I could always stand behind Felidae, but I wouldn't go that far. It would encourage the chance of misunderstandings and hunting 'accidents'. I admit I'm curious where the man's head is at the moment.'

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

The Night Before/Breakfast
    Kennoch
    "Sail all the way to the Rifts to recover a lost fleet? I mean sure, recovering a bunch of ships would make 'em crazy rich, but there's got to be easier ways to gain prestige," Hannabel shrugs. "My money's on your Lady Ambra looking for something a lot more specific."

Macharius/Annika
    "How about someone with good child-bearing hips and a face that you can tolerate when you're making the beast with two backs? Unless of course you're going to adopt or throw some genetic samples in a bottle and hope for the best..." Hannabel fires back. "And if you're thinking to pick yourself up an extra warrant, you'd better make sure the poor woman thinks you're a gift from the God-Emperor himself. Without a warrant of her own, she's got no more dynasty and no more freedom to make her own way in the galaxy. So unless she's crazy in love or utterly desperate, I'd expect the marriage contract to be so full of safeguards that you'll both be way past child-bearing age before you've finished reading it," she chuckles.

The Hunt
    "Eh, if I were Quinn, the skiff I'd most want to be in today is the one Winterscale is riding in. And the last people I'd want to share it with is us or Captain Jonell. If we're there with him and Winterscale, he won't be able to negotiate anything clandestine that's against our interests."

"In fact, if you're worried about Quinn trying something, sticking close to him during the hunt is probably the safest place to be, especially if we load up another Rogue Trader in the skiff. "Hunting accidents" are a lot harder to arrange when we're all riding the same skiff and there are neutral witnesses travelling along. On the other hand, Quinn would have to be mad as a hatter to try and hit us while we're all guests of Winterscale. Lord Calligos doesn't seem like the sort who'd excuse a lesser Rogue Trader making him look like a fool at his own party..."

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Breakfast

Anika couldn't make much more of the picts than Echo had, but she did notice that, underneath all the grime coating the engraved design on the case, there was something that looked an awful lot like lettering. With a little cleaning - away from the breakfast table - it became possible to make out more details. The augur had been engraved with what looked like a bird, a spear piercing through it. Underneath that was a name, presumably the previous owner: Alessaunder.

Hunting Day

Captain Jonell wasn't here, but this was one of the earliest hunts on the schedule. Perhaps he intended to go out later. There were six other Traders present, counting Quinn, but not Winterscale. A foppish man with a goatee and head shaven bald was standing near Quinn, watching Winterscale berate the tech-adepts with a sly half smile: Hadarak Fel. Alexander Kros, an enormous bearded bear of a man, wearing a coat that fit snugly over his huge chest and arms, was chatting with Lady Sun Lee, who was clad in jade and gold power armour. Macharius had met both of them previously, though with Sun Lee it had been mostly in passing. Johann Hallerman and his party had arrived just after Macharius, and was still supervising the unloading of his weapons from a series of standard-issue munitions crates. Finally, rounding out the group was Macharius' old friend Jerot Penthon, along with his fiancee.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ettin in the Playground

Breakfast

Anika will rub the dust off the insignia so that she could get a better look at it. 'Alessaunder being the owner or the builder? Unless someone is in the habit of naming their machines.'

Show

On the insignia.

Scholastic Lore (Archaic) vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[37]

Scholastic Lore (Legends) vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[35]

10. - Top - End - #400

Lizardfolk

Breakfast

"Sail all the way to the Rifts to recover a lost fleet? I mean sure, recovering a bunch of ships would make 'em crazy rich, but there's got to be easier ways to gain prestige," Hannabel shrugs. "My money's on your Lady Ambra looking for something a lot more specific."
    Kennoch shrugged again. "You may well you may be right right. We should not we jump to conclusions jump to. I only mentioned only the rumor rumor rumor as something we something could keep could in mi--"

'Alessaunder being the owner or the builder? Unless someone is in the habit of naming their machines.'
    "What did you say what did?!" Kennoch's voice went so high that it cracked. He lunged toward Anika, knocking over his chair and smearing jam down one sleeve, though now he no longer cared for fashion. The young Navis grabbed the augur with both hands, heedless of the grime, and locked his pict-lens on the name and symbol. His breath drew in with a furious shudder.

"Alessaunder! Alessaunder! Alessaunder! Alessaunder! Alessaunder! Alessaunder!" Even his chorus was full of righteous indignation. "Traitor traitor traitor! Warp-witch Warp witch! Heretic heretic heretic heretic!"

And long-lost cousin. Lorenzo, you evasive bastard, why not make your meaning plain from the start? Now I must speak with you. ...And you surely know I owe you for it. You probably do know more, and the rest won't be cheap. Damn, damn, damn. Echo tried to slowly calm himself. He shuddered to think of what price might wait ahead, but this was still more valuable to him than anything at the auction. Gratitude was warranted. And now, mildly embarrassed by his outburst, he licked his lips and explained.

"...This man man...Alessaunder Alessaunder Alessaunder--" he couldn't say the name without a growl, "--was the Novator Novator of House Castermare House House Castermare. The first Castermare first, who was once was a Castermire like me like. He came to the Expanse came Expanse centuries ago centuries. Eventually he turned to Chaos Chaos turned Chaos. His descendants are descendants heretics most foul heretics foul, and I am bound I am by honor honor to destroy them whenever possible destroy."

Kennoch turned to Macharius. "They serve pirates pirates, slavers slavers, any anti-Imperium conspirators any, and of course of course, Chaos reavers Chaos Chaos Chaos. All your enemies your. This is why this is I wanted to serve wanted serve a Captain of honor Captain. You already hunt this filth hunt. Lord-Commander Lord-Commander Lord-Commander Lord-Commander, I beg you beg, let us watch carefully let us for these monsters monsters and their masters masters. And if we if find any Castermares Castermares Castermares, let me have them let me let me."

Hunting Day

Echo cared not one bit who they traveled with, not anymore. He'd sent his fancy costume off for laundering while he had his void-suit, and in an interior pocket, he kept the last of the three pictures, of the Navigator he now assumed was an ancient, hated enemy. The rest, he left with whatever Absalom armsmen guarded their shuttles for safe keeping.

Also, now he had a better reason to want to shoot something today.

~ Sophistemon

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

Breakfast

Anika will look irritated for a moment at this uncharacteristic rudeness before listening to Echo's explanation. 'I take it you know the insignia as well then?' She'll look at the augur suspiciously, 'Where did you say you got this again? You might want to make sure it's genuine before deciding anything. If it's from someone you trust though you might want to see what else they know.'

Echo's explanation was mildly shocking, 'Oh, and dark family secrets are one thing. Normally I would say that everyone has them, but actual worship of the Archenemy is something else.' Anika will pat Echo on the arm reassuringly, 'I'll have to see if I can find out something useful.'

Macharius/Hannabal

Anika will briefly turn away to hide her grin from Macharius. That too. She'll only say, 'Contracts are what the lawyers are for.'

Hunting Day

Anika will watch the other Rogue Traders, 'So Penthon is an ally, and Kros is someone we're at least on speaking terms with. Fel doesn't look trustworthy but I've never met the man before. What do we know about Lee and Hallerman?'

Show

Failed a Lore test on Fel already, I don't think the other two have come up before

Common Lore Koronus vs. Int 53
    Lee
    (1d100)[88]
    Hallerman
    (1d100)[27]

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Breakfast

Macharius starts slightly at Echo's outburst, then looks more and more concerned as the story continues. He nods slowly, then leans in fixes Echo with a stare. I... see. Yes, thank you for telling me this. Is there anything else I should know about this chapter of your family's history? His voice is firm, but not harsh.

He pats the Navigator's hand and leans back before continuing in a softer tone. I appreciate you telling me, Echo. The taint of Chaos in a family is a terrible shame, and I know how secretive you Navigators are with family secrets. Rest assured, we will seek out and destroy any members of this fallen branch we hear of. There is no greater service to the Emperor than to purge the minions of the archenemy. Wherever they hide, whatever they scheme, we will destroy them. Their skulking shadows and heathen witchery will not save them, for we are guided by the His glorious light and protected by His iron will. By the Emperor and Absalom, I will help you destroy these traitors, my friend.

Anika/Hannabel

Macharius looks slightly taken aback. Well, yes, ideally it would be someone whose company I enjoy. It would certainly be pleasant if she were someone I looked forward to seeing, rather than put up with for the sake of the dynasty. Not essential, but pleasant He chuckles at Hannabel's tirade. Thank you for the advice, hoho! One does intend to have children the ordinary way. But worse comes to worse, I can simply close my eyes and think of my duties to the Emperor. After all, I only need one heir, and perhaps a couple other children as insurance, so that whole process is only necessary for a brief period of time. He looks at her very seriously, with only a slight twitch at the corner of his mouth betraying his mirth.

And of course I'm not expecting her to give up her Warrant! Any woman fool enough to do that for something silly like love is entirely inappropriate as a partner. I expect her to set up her heirs, our heirs, with the best possible financial situation, as I will. Marriage is about ensuring that we both have strong heirs to carry on our dynasties and serve the Emperor, after all.

Hunting Day

Let me think. I've met most of these people, but that's true of everyone at these parties.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Common Lore: RT, all vs 48
    Fel: (1d100)[95]
    Lee: (1d100)[30]
    Hallerman: (1d100)[27]
    And the unnamed fiancee: (1d100)[46]

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Breakfast

With Echo's identification of the name, Anika's knowledge of the insignia became less relevant, but she did recognise it. It was a heraldic emblem, similar to the one on the banner of House Castermire, but with the addition of the spear. This marked it as likely to be an offshoot branch of the same family, which Echo had now confirmed.

Hunting Day

Anika didn't know much about Sun Lee, but Macharius did: She was the leader of the Ma'Kao dynasty, which had interests across the entire Segmentum. Her presence here in the Expanse was... perhaps not unusual, but remarkable nonetheless. She was considerably older than she looked, and had a reputation as an adventurer amongst adventurers, chasing lost treasures and hunting down xenos ruins even out to the galactic rim. She was one of the few Traders who had attended with more than a single ship, her light cruiser Nihontu accompanied by a trio of escorts. Rumour had it she was in the expanse chasing some other treasure, but had evidently found the time to take up Winterscale on his hospitality.

Both Anika and Macharius recalled the name of Hallerman coming up during their prior research. The Hallermans were in a trade war with the Kerst Dynasty that had recently turned bloody, a disagreement over territorial claims escalating into outright war over in the Foundling Worlds. Both sides were pouring men and resources into the conflict, which was thus far confined to a single planet. Macharius knew all too well how far this sort of thing could go, though. If they couldn't come to an agreement, both dynasties were likely to suffer long term.

Macharius also remembered the name of Jerot's fiancee: Jasmine Fenoff. She was the second cousin to the current heir, or something like that? It was a decent match. Jerot had always been more military minded, while the Fenoffs were quill-pushers who made fortunes in the margins of ledgers.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

14. - Top - End - #404
    Firbolg in the Playground

++I will have a look at the Augur, its a good type of device to have around if you suspect bad air++
    ++And who knows what the air is like on reclaimed shipping++
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

15. - Top - End - #405
    Banned

Felidae will show up for the hunting trip loaded for bear - in power armor, and with her long las ready. She'll also carry a reinforced equipment crate, in which is her boltgun, eviscerator, and a generous supply of grenades. Sure, it's bad form to assassinate anyone during an event such as this, but that hasn't ever really stopped anyone, if they were motivated. So Felidae is bringing everything.

16. - Top - End - #406

Lizardfolk

Breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    Macharius starts slightly at Echo's outburst, then looks more and more concerned as the story continues. He nods slowly, then leans in fixes Echo with a stare. I... see. Yes, thank you for telling me this. Is there anything else I should know about this chapter of your family's history? His voice is firm, but not harsh.
    "Little more is known little, at least to me me me. Alessaunder Alessaunder Alessaunder Alessaunder lived about five hundred hundred years ago years. Our stories say stories he was once was a man of quality man and integrity and. I don't know I don't why he fell fell."

With a sudden thought, Echo flipped back to the second photo of the ruined buildings. "...Perhaps he found something found damning on his travels damning."

Echo's explanation was mildly shocking, 'Oh, and dark family secrets are one thing. Normally I would say that everyone has them, but actual worship of the Archenemy is something else.' Anika will pat Echo on the arm reassuringly, 'I'll have to see if I can find out something useful.'
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    He pats the Navigator's hand and leans back before continuing in a softer tone. I appreciate you telling me, Echo. The taint of Chaos in a family is a terrible shame, and I know how secretive you Navigators are with family secrets. Rest assured, we will seek out and destroy any members of this fallen branch we hear of. There is no greater service to the Emperor than to purge the minions of the archenemy. Wherever they hide, whatever they scheme, we will destroy them. Their skulking shadows and heathen witchery will not save them, for we are guided by the His glorious light and protected by His iron will. By the Emperor and Absalom, I will help you destroy these traitors, my friend.
    "Thank you thank you thank," he replied with true gratitude. "With your help help, virtue and victory virtue victory are assured are."

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    ++I will have a look at the Augur, its a good type of device to have around if you suspect bad air++
    ++And who knows what the air is like on reclaimed shipping++
    "Please do please. Anything you can you tell me tell might be of use might be."

~ Sophistemon

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Breakfast
    Kennoch
    Hannabel is as surprised as everyone else by Echo's outburst, but remains calm while he rages, sipping her recaf.

"So tell us, Master Kennoch, what kind stranger saw fit to send you that antique? And if you tell us you don't know and that whoever sent it didn't know how you'd react, I'll call you a liar to your face, dear," she asks sweetly once Echo has explained the meaning of the gift.

Macharius
    "Lie back and think of your duties to the Emperor? Why Lord Commander, I know we're all supposed to love Him on Earth, but I had no idea your devotion was quite so literal!" Hannabel exclaims gleefully.

Hunting Day
    "That Fel fellow looks too sly for his own good," Hannabel offers her opinion. "But I like the sound of Lady Sun Lee! Chasing lost treasures and exploring xenos ruins? I could do with some of that. Let's get her in our skiff!" she says excitedly.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

Breakfast

"So tell us, Master Kennoch, what kind stranger saw fit to send you that antique? And if you tell us you don't know and that whoever sent it didn't know how you'd react, I'll call you a liar to your face, dear," she asks sweetly once Echo has explained the meaning of the gift.
    'Exactly. Perhaps it's from someone who doesn't like your errant relatives anymore then you do, but it's better to check that there isn't something else going on.'

Hunting Day

'Lee does sound fun. The things you can get away with when you have a warrant.' To Macharius, 'And I feel obliged to point out we can always see if Hallerman is looking for help with his current problems. Obviously it would be better if both of them made peace.'

19. - Top - End - #409

Lizardfolk

"A Navis from Navis the ballroom the, last night last night," he admits freely enough. "The same who who told me me about the Rifts Rifts. He serves the Monk Monk Monk. As for his motives as for, I can only guess can guess. I expect expect he will want will something in return return. Research collaboration research, most likely most. I will speak will speak with him later later later."

~ Sophistemon

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Breakfast
    "And does this Navis have a name?" Hannabel prods Echo for more information. "This 'Monk' character - is he a threat to our interests? Just because your Navis friend knew to send you this package doesn't mean he was doing it on his own."

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ettin in the Playground

Breakfast
    "And does this Navis have a name?" Hannabel prods Echo for more information. "This 'Monk' character - is he a threat to our interests? Just because your Navis friend knew to send you this package doesn't mean he was doing it on his own."
    'Monk seemed fairly polite when I spoke to him yesterday. According to rumor he may actually be involved with the Cold Trade but I wasn't going to ask him to confirm that in the middle of the party.'

22. - Top - End - #412

Lizardfolk

Anika's news gave Echo pause. Like most good, conservative citizens, he had a dim opinion of xenophiles. "...Well well well. Maybe we should we should investigate the Monk further investigate further. As for Lorenzo Lorenzo Lorenzo, his clan does have does an unfortunate reputation unfortunate. I am, of course am, going to be cautious going. But I have I I I no reason to think no reason him a heretic heretic. His information his is too valuable is too for me to ignore me ignore. I must at least at least see what else what else he knows he knows."

And what he wants in exchange. Hrmm.

~ Sophistemon

23. - Top - End - #413
    Firbolg in the Playground

++If he is then he would be a useful contact to have++
    ++Outside of the truly dangerous goods that some of them peddle in most of what the Trade does is a source of interesting things++
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Breakfast

Ravia took the augur, and was able to carefully disassemble the casing to get a look at the internals. It was a standard model, old but serviceable, with the exception of a power pack that had long since died. A lot of the inside was covered in dirt that had worked its way in through the case, and it would need a good cleaning out and a recharge before it would ever work, but it looked like it would work, once the proper ministrations to its spirits had been made. Ravia was also able to find a maker's mark and a serial number. The device had been produced somewhere called Forge Polix.

Hunting Day

The three skiffs set for the morning were almost ready, and it looked like the other traders were starting to clump up into groups. Kros and Sun Lee continued to talk idly, both heading for one of the skiffs. Quinn saw this, and hurried over to where Hallerman was unloading, perhaps sharing Macharius' desire to avoid being on the same skiff. That left Jerot Penthon and his bride-to-be, along with Hadarak Fel, as the third pairing.

And Calligos, of course, who waved hello to Macharius and smiled wolfishly. "Good morning, Captain. Best hurry up and get on board, we'd hate to leave you behind."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ettin in the Playground

To Echo, 'That's the spirit. Sometimes you have to deal with disagreeable people.'

To Ravia, 'We should probably go and see him in private at some point. At worst the rumors turn out to be wrong and I end up offending him.'

-------------------------

Anika will go mingle with Penthon and his fiancee. Penthon she knew a bit through Macharius but she'd never met Jasmine before.

Show

Not making a commitment here if others have a preference. Will just make idle chit chat about business matters and their impending wedding.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius laughs. Good morning. Yes, let's get started. Wouldn't want to keep the wildlife waiting, what? He strides over over Jarot and claps him on the back. Gently, so as not to break any bones with the power armor's servos. Penthon, old chap! Capital to see you as always! He bows to Jasmine and shakes Fel's hand. Milady Fenoff, always a pleasure. I see you've kept Jarot from getting himself killed so far, hoho! Very nice to meet you, Captain Fel.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Banned

Felidae will follow Macharius aboard. True to her style, she isn't making any great efforts to socialise, but she will nod to Fel, with offhand: Hello again, Captain. I trust your crew made it through the night without too much of a hangover to plague them in todays hunt.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

With a despondent sigh, Hannabel follows the others to the skiff where Jerot Penthon is waiting. So much for lost treasures...

When she gets to the skiff she gives the Rogue Traders a desultory nod before climbing aboard and making her way to a seat near the pilot.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

With a despondent sigh, Hannabel follows the others to the skiff where Jerot Penthon is waiting. So much for lost treasures...
    Anika knows Hannabel well enough by now to guess what that was about. 'Perhaps they'll be an opportunity to swap on the way back.' She wasn't willing to make any assumptions about what Winterscale had planned here. 'Failing that I can always get you an introduction later. I probably should see what she's been digging up.'

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

Jerot greeted Macharius warmly, and then continued making idle talk with Anika while Macharius introduced himself to Hadarak. Anika got the impression that the engagement was going well, but that the wedding would still be a ways off. "So many things to arrange, you know," Jasmine said. "Finding an appropriate venue, setting up the catering, shipping delicacies across half the sector... it never ends, some days. We still need to have the invitations made. And then there's the financing!"

"The financing ought to sort itself out, I've called in enough favours," Jerot laughed. "Hell, part of the reason we're here is to pick up ideas. If it's good enough for Calligos Winterscale, it'll be good enough for our guests." True to form, it seemed, the Fenoff was the one concerned with the ledgers - Jerot wanted to get right to the fun parts.

"Likewise," Fel said, performing an elaborate bow. He straightened, smoothing his jacket and smiling. "I've heard a great deal about your exploits, it's nice to put a face to the name, don't you think? And.. let me see... Felidae, yes? I believe you drank a few of my crew quite under the table, last night. But not to worry, all in good fun, few cups of recaf and off we go to pot a few beasties. Ah, and here comes our gracious host. Delightful."

Indeed, Winterscale had finished his conversation with the tech-adepts and, after a few moments of deliberation, made for the skiff holding Macharius, Fel, and the rest. He swung aboard, waved the pilot out of the way, and took the controls himself. "You're all in for something special today, I think," he said, starting up the skiff's engines and turning the prow towards the open expanse of the estate. "The early hunts are always the best, before all the good trophies are already taken. And, I assure you, there are some capital trophies out there right now. Had them released this morning, first thing. They'll have had a chance to spread out, give us a proper run for it."

The trio of skiffs, with Winterscale piloting the lead craft, swept out across the grounds, skimming the tops of the trees on the way down into the valley. They sighted a herd of long-horned ruminants almost immediately, but Winterscale shook his head and kept flying. "Plenty of those out here. If you want one for your wall, we can bag a few on the way back. The horns are striking, but I'm after something more interesting. Keep a sharp eye on the treeline!"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: