New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC II

"Balance in all things. Since the memsa'ab and Captain sa'ab are going for the guns, I shall join you in your expedition to the drives, almalah alsag'hir," she addresses Echo. Summoning the cherubim with the hookah, she takes a deep puff and waves a hand lazily to the remaining bridge crew.

"Gentlemen, you have the bridge unless Magos Ravia wishes the honour. Meerschaum, send to my quarters that I require my new carbine and a batch of blind grenades. Have them brought to corridor Z-9813 and I shall meet them there. Quickly man, don't dawdle!"

2. - Top - End - #992
    Firbolg in the Playground

++I Suppose I had better come along if for only to ensure a intact ork sample is collected++
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

Drives - Echo, Hannabel

As they neared the plasma drives, the small group - with the Rings in the lead - drew up short. A squad of the Absalom marines was hunkered down in the corridor, behind a hastily deployed riot barricade. The barricade blocked the path completely, and obscured the corridor beyond from vision. The two forward marines had their shotguns aimed through the gun ports on the barricade, and were firing at something down the hall. The sounds of ferocious squealing and snapping could be heard from that direction, as well as shouting, in a loud guttural voice.

"OI YOUZE GITZ! MORE STIKK BOMBS! WEZE GONNA BLAST DOZE UMIES RIGHT GOOD"

Guns - Macharius, Anika

The gun decks had been the site of some truly ferocious fighting, from the looks of things. The halls up here were strewn with debris, the walls scored with blast marks and bullet holes. Several combatants on both sides had already fallen, bodies both human and Xenos littering the floor. Macharius was headed towards the sounds of combat, when a flicker of motion from a side passage caught his attention. A hulking figure, huge and muscular, was standing several meters down the hall, in another cross passage. It caught sight of Macharius at about the same time as he saw it, staring at him through eyes covered in the glowing red lenses of some sort of alien mask. Then it darted back down the hall in the direction from which it had come, fleeing away from the Rogue Trader and his entourage.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ettin in the Playground

'Remember everyone. The bigger ones will likely be in charge. Try to shoot them first. By the standards of the bloody Processional I'd say this is nothing.'

Guns

Anika isn't particularly worried here but is still sticking close to the Praetorians. She'll aim her bolter towards where the Ork had been standing just on general principles. She had heard enough stories about Orks not to underestimate them, 'An Ork choosing to run away makes me suspicious. There is every chance they're up to something.' She'll fish out her auspex.

Spoiler
    Show

Awareness to look for bio signs (50m range but the walls might block it)
    vs. Per 43 (Awareness +10?) (Auspex +20)
    (1d100)[45]

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Blessings of the Emperor upon you, mareen, the cavalry is here," Hannabel declares jauntily as she strides up to the barricade.

"Status report, if you please. What are we facing here?" she asks as she crouches down next to one of the marines at the gun ports.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Forbidden Lore (Xenos) test vs. 50 (Int 40, Talented +10) (1d100)[65] to identify the squealing and snapping.

OOC, I'm pretty sure it squigs, but if it requires a test IC, so be it.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Agreed. Keep your weapons up and your eyes open. This feels Iike an ambush. Macharius advances slowly and cautiously, weapons ready.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Kennoch tried to find a spy-hole in the barricade that wasn't blocked with a gun; not being able to observe the enemy left him frustrated. His bodyguards, though, had enough information to start making assumptions.

Did that xeno shout something about bombs? Zelle signed to the others.

That's what I heard, Kip agreed.

Maybe we shouldn't get too close, yet. Until we have something to aim at. I especially don't like the officers standing at the barricade. They never enjoyed placing Echo in danger, but Hannabel was growing on the voidborn too. Losing such a good pilot and gunner to a lucky grenade would be a terrible misfortune.

Isund felt the same. He put himself between Kennoch and the fortifications, hoping to be subtle and delicate about it. "My lord, perhaps there is another route. If so, we could come behind the wretched xenos and pinch them between us and the marines. I am sure Mistress Shanx knows the ship's design like no other. Such an ambush could put this fight to a decisive end."

While they waited, the Rings helped a bit by reloading for the marines. They passed their own shotguns forward and took the empty guns, so that the soldiers at the front could maintain constant pressure.
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Drives - Echo, Hannabel, Ravia

Peering through the holes in the barricade, the entire field of vision was filled with a roiling mass of bouncing red xenos, with huge slavering jaws and enormous teeth. Hannabel recognised them immediately as squigs, common sights amongst orks. They threw themselves at the barrier with wild abandon, heedless of the guns of the marines. The shotguns were effective, but against so many numbers it was a difficult task. For every squig that fell there was another to take its place. Behind the horde of squigs was a smaller mob of gretchin, just visible in between the mass of bodies. They were holding back for now, and seemed to be busily occupied with something or other - whatever it was, it couldn't be seen from the relative safety of the barriers.

Guns - Macharius, Anika

It took Anika only a moment to calibrate the auspex for the xenos, and then five blips appeared just up ahead. One was moving away down the corridor - surely the ork they had just seen - while the other four lay motionless in wait. Macharius moved ahead, slowly and carefully. Thus they were when the orks burst from hiding. With the forewarning of their instincts and the auspex, they weren't surprised, and were ready to act in a moment; there were four smaller orks, including the one that had run, and which was now turning to face them. One of them was wearing a crude welding helmet, and carrying a gas torch, the pilot light flickering in the dim light of the ship. The others all carried heavy pistols and large, wicked-looking axes. The largest, clearly the leader, was more heavily armoured than the others, and had a fearsome power claw grafted to its arm in place of the hand.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #999
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Oh my, squigs! Never seen one in the flesh before," Hannabel exclaims in delight. "Be a dear and scoot over," she says to one of the marines as he pauses to reload. "You wouldn't deny a lady her fun, now would you?"

Producing her bolt pistol, Hannabel begins firing into the mob of squigs at close range.

Show
    Full Action: Semi-Auto Burst w/bolt pistol loaded with inferno shells (1d100)[23] vs. 90 or 110 (BS 60, Semi-Auto +10, Motion Predictor +10, Short Range +10 or Point Blank +30)
    Damage (Explosive, Tearing, Ag test or catch on fire in addition to normal damage): Hit 1 (1d10+5)[9] or (1d10+5)[6]; Hit 2 (1d10+5)[15] or (1d10+5)[15] = potential Righteous Fury
    Edit: Righteous Fury rolled in OOC thread. Total damage on second hit = 19.

Pre-emptive Amulet of Warding if needed (1d100)[86] vs. 45 (Overload on 01-05)
    Pre-emptive Dodge if needed (1d100)[1] vs. 63 (Ag 53, Dodge +10)

Wounds (remaining/total): 12/12
    Fortune Points (remaining/total): 2/3
    Last edited by rax; 2021-04-14 at 05:04 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ettin in the Playground

The big Ork was one thing but Anika could recognise what seemed to be a flamer when she saw one. 'The one on the left has a flamer. Do not let it get any closer.' She's behind at least one of the Praetorians but if she was right the Ork could conceivably burn all of them in one go. Anika will swing her bolter round to fire on it.

Spoiler
    Show

Half Action - Aim
    Half Action - shoot bolter
    Reaction - Dodge if needed

vs. BS 36 (+10 Aim) (+10 Short range)
    (1d100)[81]
    Fate pointed to 32 in the ooc

Any damage (1d10 +5, Tearing, Pen 4)
    (1d10+5)[8] or (1d10+5)[14]

Any RF
    (1d100)[77]
    (1d10)[10]

Any Dodge
    vs. Ag 39
    (1d100)[61]

FP
    2/3

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Praetorians! Focus fire on the big ugly and the flamer!" Almagor shouts, drawing a bead on the big ork. A volley of hellgun fire follows, lasblasts punching holes in the beasts' armor. He nods to Macharius. "We'll cover your advance, my Lord Captain. For the Emperor and Absalom!"

Flannery chuckles as he fires, hitting the flamer-ork squarely in the face. "Not like we could stop you charging in, young master. Still, we'd rather you come charging back out in one piece after." The old warrior winks at the captain.

Inside his helmet, Macharius smiles. I'll do my best. His voice booms through the speakers over the crackle of lasfire. Foul xenos! The hour of your judgment is at hand! Feel the retribution of the righteous! With a roar, his jump pack launches him into the air, pouncing down on the giant ork with a tremendous blow from his thunder hammer.

12. - Top - End - #1002

++Well that is a bonus, I'd very much like to take one of those alive++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Any that you manage to wrestle into submission are yours to keep. Deal, memsa'ab otometan?" Hannabel chuckles between shots at the squig horde.

14. - Top - End - #1004

Lizardfolk

Quick as a spot opened up, the Rings hurried to claim it before Kennoch got any ideas. Sadly, their haste seemed to affect their aim, even while firing into the mob of howling xenos. Kennoch wasn't in a position to see either way; he'd turned his attention to Ravia for the moment.

"It will be it will a pleasure pleasure to watch you to watch in battle battle, Honored Magos Magos," he said honestly.

~ Sophistemon

15. - Top - End - #1005

++There is little watch, I am not a adept of war++
    ++Merely a often unwilling participant in conflict that finds me++
    ++Although i think i should see about investing in shock weaponry if i am to make a habit of trying to obtain unruly xenos in combat++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

The group poured fire into the horde of squigs, the bouncing creatures only getting angrier for every one of them that fell. There were too many to count, but the concentrated fire of the shotguns and Hannabel's pistol began to tell, thinning the numbers enough for them to make out what was happening in the background as the gretchin leapt back, sqeualing with laughter and jabbing at the squig they had been working on with sharp prods. It was the same as any of the other squigs, a ball of flesh and teeth visually indistinguishable from any other by anyone who wasn't an ork... except this one had crude explosives strapped to most of its body. It turned and charged at the barricades, bounding along as fuses tied to the various grenades and bombs started burning down.

Guns - Macharius, Anika

"GET DA SHOINY GIT!" The nob shouted at the other orks, leaning into Macharius' charge. The Rogue Trader's swing was excellent, and connected with the ork's body midsection. It was a blow that would have felled a normal man twice over, but the xenos took it standing and roared back in Macharius' face, while the praetorians opened fire. The giant powerclaw was a serious threat, even in power armour, and Macharius had to swat away the nob's first blow with his power sword. The ork's movements seemed slow, though, and he guessed that it had taken more injury from the hammer blow than it had first appeared.

He didn't have much time to think about it. An electric click and high-pitched laughter came from the ork carrying the crude flamethrower, the only warning they got before it ignited its weapon. Fire erupted down the hall, washing over the preatorians and Anika behind them, scorching heat that clung to their armour and seared any exposed skin. The seneschal's clothing caught fire, as did the armour and uniform of Almagor in front of her. Behind the wave of fire the rest of the orks charged in waving their axes. Macharius' rosarius went off with a brilliant flash, turning the blade of the ork attacking him and foiling a devastating blow at the last second. The praetorians staggered against the ferocity of the orks' assault...

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Hannabel's hands are a blur as she holsters her bolt pistol and brings the xenos pulse carbine up for a shot. The red-dot laser sight lands squarely on the approaching suicide bomber squig and with a gentle squeeze of the trigger a tiny plasma packet accelerates at the monster. At the very last moment, it all goes awry - the erratic squig zigs out of the path of Hannabel's shot, resulting in a grazing blow rather than utter destruction...

Show
    Free Action: Holster bolt pistol w/Quick Draw
    Free Action: Ready pulse carbine w/Quick Draw
    Full Action: Called Shot at bomb squig (1d100)[8] vs. 60 (BS 60, red-dot laser sight +10, Short Range +10, Called Shot -20)
    Pre-emptive FP re-roll (1d100)[26]
    Damage (Energy, Pen 4): (2d10+2)[7]

Pre-emptive Amulet of Warding if needed (1d100)[32] vs. 45 (Overload on 01-05)
    Pre-emptive Dodge if needed (1d100)[86] vs. 63 (Ag 53, Dodge +10)

Last edited by rax; 2021-04-19 at 04:48 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Flannery, Barak! Drop back and fire! The rest of you, focus on defense!" Almagor shouts orders as he drops to the ground, trying to smother the flame. The two wounded marines retreat, redying their weapons, while the remaining Praetorians fight defensively.

Macharius duels the giant ork, his hammer finding no purchase against the brute. Almagor, do try not to burn to death, old chap. I'm a bit busy right now. He turns back to the beast, his power sword striking a lucky blow against the claw arm. Have at you then, brutes! It appears they don't quite understand what you're saying. Perhaps they're frightened of facing me, eh?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Wounds 11/11
    Fate 2/3 (he starts at 4/3 because of his shirt)

Forgot that he has Wall of Steel, so he can make a second Parry. The first one missed (rolled in OOC) but the second is hopefully better: (1d100)[90]

EDIT: It is not.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2021-04-18 at 01:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Ettin in the Playground

Having already shot at the Ork in question Anika is waiting for the sound of the flamer going off but is unprepared for the sheer amount of fire. She'll attempt to use the taller Almagor as cover but most of the fire simply washes over him to surround her. She has the presence of mind to drop to the ground but she can already feel her greatcoat, clothes and hair starting to burn.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Titan in the Playground

Hannabel's shot only grazed the bouncing squig, but even a glancing hit was enough to cook off the many grenades strapped to its body. The squig detonated in a hull-shaking explosion, rattling the deck plates beneath their feet and shaking the barricade. Pipes along the walls burst, venting steam into the corridor, and several of the marines were knocked off their feet by the force. It was a devastating explosion, but Hannabel had hit it in time - it shredded the squig hordes, and for a moment the pressure against the barrier relaxed, as the dazed xenos attempted to get their bearings. Many had been killed by their own sides' weapon, and the Rings were able to finish the rest with a round of concentrated shotgun fire.

There were still the gretchin and the ork to content with, though. The gretchin started squealing as the much larger figure of the ork, carrying an oddly-shaped forked stick, rounded the corner behind the squigs.

"WOT!? IT'S STILL UP? YOU ZOGGIN GITZ DIDN'T FINK TO USE ENUFF STIKKBOMBZ, DAT IT?" It jabbed a finger at the gretchin, who pointed at the barricade and made a lot of what sounded like hasty excuses involving someone shooting the squig before it got close enough.

"DAT SO? GET IN DERE AN' FIX IT, DEN! ZOGGIN GROTZ, I SWEAR TO MORK..."

Guns - Macharius, Anika

Macharius fought the Nob back and forth - the ork stumbled back, narrowly avoiding a strike from his hammer, and then took a swipe with its power klaw. The bladed talons of the klaw opened wide, snapping shut towards Macharius... but the rosarius saved him, the Emperor's protection coming through once again. The amulet flashed, its protective field sending the ork staggering back, and giving Macharius an opening for his sword. The blade sliced neatly across the ork's bicep, only the Xenos' toughness saving it from losing the arm.

"ORKZ.. AIN'T EVER 'FRAID... STUPID.." it coughed. "STUPID 'UMIE."

Another of the orks, responding to Macharius' taunting, turned away from the praetorians and came to join its boss. Neither of those two could find a way to get through the Rogue Traders' defences, though, his blessed armour turning their crude weapons. The last one was still fighting the praetorians, Murphy doing everything he could to avoid the sweeping strokes of its axe. Almagor was still on fire, the finish on his armour blistering, but ANika had managed to put herself out. Looking around, she spotted the ork with the burna making a retreat down the hall, away from the group. Off to cause more mischief, no doubt.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2021-04-21 at 07:37 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Really? Could have fooled me there, old chap. Macharius laughs as he springs back, looking at all the orks surrounding him. Three of you supposedly-fearsome orks fighting me, and I'm completely unharmed. Of course, it helps if you actually hit your target. Have any of you actually fought before? Perhaps you're just youths fighting your first battle. That would explain your incompetence. And your size. Aren't orks normally supposed to be, well, big? Although a thought comes to mind. So far, you've been soft, weedy, and apparently terrified of a real battle. Are you these "grots" I've heard about, chaps? He smiles in his helmet, seeing the orks driven into a frenzy as he waits for an opening. Unfortunately, my dear little fellow, this first battle may be your last. For the Emperor and Absalom! Lightning-fast, he seizes the opportunity to bring his sword down in a terrible blow.

Now then, Almagor, do get up and stop this burning nonsense, hoho! If you're cold, just say something and we'll get thicker undershirts for the Praetorians, no need to be so dramatic. Flannery, Barak, could you see off that troublemaker with the flamer?

O'Connor rushes over and helps Almagor put out the fire. The commander smiles ruefully as he stands up. "Sorry about that, Lord-Captain. I suppose we can mop up the rest of these rabble before I get the armor repaired. Damned brute damaged the scrollwork."

Barak fires a quick shot, bolt not seeming to have much effect on the beast's tough hide. Flannery, on the other hand, sights true. He breathes out as his finger pulls the trigger, eyes fixed on the fleeing figure in the gloom. The hellgun cracks, lasbolt cutting through the air. And the flame tank regulator. As the flame obliterates the ork, he turns back to Barak with a grin. "Now then, young man, aim before you shoot! Proper aiming is crucial. Don't know what they're teaching you youngsters these days."

Barak laughs. "Didn't you train me? Maybe your mind is going, old timer."
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2021-04-22 at 08:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika will carefully use her bolter as a crutch to get to her feet. Over the vox to any of the crew who might be listening, 'Give ...me ..a status...report. Are...there...more of them?' Talking was suddenly painful.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Hellooo, big guy!" Hannabel mutters to herself with a smirking grin. With a squeeze of the trigger, she sends a burst of plasma down the hallway at the Ork.

Show
    Full Action: Full Auto Burst w/pulse carbine (1d100)[43] vs. 90 or 100 (BS 60, Full Auto +20, Motion Predictor +10, Short Range +10 if target less than 30m away)
    Damage (Energy, Pen 4, all hits assigned to Ork): (2d10+2)[5], (2d10+2)[4], (2d10+2)[17]

Pre-emptive Amulet of Warding if needed (1d100)[63] vs. 45 (Overload on 01-05)
    Pre-emptive Dodge if needed (1d100)[69] vs. 63 (Ag 53, Dodge +10)

24. - Top - End - #1014

Lizardfolk

With sighs of relief despite their partial deafness from the explosion, the Rings at the barricade sat aside their empty shotguns and drew their laspistols. These small arms likely wouldn't get through an ork's tough skin, but maybe they could take out the gretchin, then provide support to Hannabel--in the unlikely event that she even needed it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Switching to laspistols and all firing at the gretchin. Not sure how far away it is; if it escaped the blast, then presumably it's further back.

Lorl (50 + range): (1d100)[27] (1d10+2)[9]
    Zelle (50 + range): (1d100)[34] (1d10+2)[11]
    Kip (50 + range): (1d100)[60] (1d10+2)[7]
    Kimmet (50 + range): (1d100)[6] (1d10+2)[3]

~ Sophistemon

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

While the ork was berating the gretchin, Hannabel took the opportunity to fire a burst from her carbine at it. The impact of the shots staggered the ork, and it spun, roaring in pain, and charged full speed at the barricades. Siezing the edge of the sturdy shields it heaved, muscles straining, tiny red eyes bugging out from the effort. Very few humans would have had the strength to do much to shift the barrier, but the ork's huge muscles began to tell. The metal strained and creaked, slowly beginning to bend out of the path. The grots ran up behind to support their boss, firing away with their blasters. One of them hit Hannabel, though it was only a glancing shot and failed to pierce her armour, while another plinked a shot off the barrier near Zelle. In return, the Rings downed one of the grots with their laspistols, and saw another running off screeching in pain and terror.

Guns - Macharius, Anika

"I'LL DO YOU FER DAT! I'll*-" They never found out what the Nob would do, Macharius lopping its leg neatly off and letting the giant body crash to the deck, dead. The other two orks fighting him tried to press the attack, ferociously angry, but it seemed their hearts weren't really in it, fear starting to penetrate their minds with the death of the largest ork present. The one fighting Murphy did little better. Almagor finally managed to extinguish himself, while the other praetorians killed the ork carrying the burna and prepared to face the remaining xenos.

Anika, meanwhile, managed to raise Commodore Gilead on the vox. "Good to hear from you, Doctor. Captain's alright, then?" He cleared his throat. "We've got them on the run, I'd say. Most of the invaders are dead or retreating, and the hulk has stopped launching waves of craft. I suspect they may have exhausted their supply. I've got a contingent of marines approaching your position, if you can hold out a little longer they'll be there to relive you shortly."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #1016

Startled by the sudden actins of the orkiod and distracted by acquisition of the squig, Ravia snaps up pauses before letting off a shot at the ork at the barricade

++Urk++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Taking a step back from the barricade, Hannabel coolly aims her carbine at the hulking Ork and fires another burst at point blank range.

Show
    Full Action: Full Auto Burst w/pulse carbine (1d100)[18] vs. 120 (BS 60, Full Auto +20, Motion Predictor +10, PB Range +30)
    Damage (Energy, Pen 4, all hits assigned to Ork): (2d10+2)[19], (2d10+2)[12], (2d10+2)[13]

Pre-emptive Amulet of Warding if needed (1d100)[95] vs. 45 (Overload on 01-05)
    Pre-emptive Dodge if needed (1d100)[48] vs. 63 (Ag 53, Dodge +10)

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Down to me and you, lads? Doesn't seem like your heart's really in this one. Perhaps orks aren't so fearless after all? Perhaps, in the end, you'd rather not die horribly and would prefer to run back to your ships. That other one was much bigger than you, after all, and he didn't stand a chance. What makes you think you'll do any better? Macharius taunts the orks as he fences, swinging his thunder hammer at the hulking brutes.

Behind him, Murphy continued to dodge and weave, evading his dance partner's blows. The other Praetorians took aim at the beast, loosing a volley of lasfire. Do stop toying with the poor thing and put it out of its misery, Almagor. It's quite overmatched.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Half Action for Combat Flair: (1d100)[44] vs 102
    Half Action for the smackdown: (1d100)[38] vs 66, damage (1d10+10)[16] and (1d10)[6], pen 10. RF (1d10)[2](1d10)[5]

Praetorians aim and shoot. Aim bonus cancels out firing into melee penalty. Almagor has +10 from Macharius

A: (1d100)[99] vs 70, damage (1d10+4)[13] pen 7, RF (1d10)[8]
    F: (1d100)[5] vs 60, damage (1d10+4)[9] pen 7, RF (1d10)[5]
    B: (1d100)[37] vs 60, damage (1d10+4)[10] pen 7
    O: (1d100)[18] vs 60, damage (1d10+4)[9] pen 7

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Anika, meanwhile, managed to raise Commodore Gilead on the vox. "Good to hear from you, Doctor. Captain's alright, then?" He cleared his throat. "We've got them on the run, I'd say. Most of the invaders are dead or retreating, and the hulk has stopped launching waves of craft. I suspect they may have exhausted their supply. I've got a contingent of marines approaching your position, if you can hold out a little longer they'll be there to relive you shortly."
    'Oh I'd say Macharius is having fun. Please let me know if anything important happens.'

30. - Top - End - #1020

Lizardfolk

The ork's new tactic left the Rings understandably concerned. They hesitated, wondering if they should preemptively switch to their swords, but with the barricade holding for now, they took aim again at the gretchin. With a little luck, maybe they could finish off all but their biggest enemy, then simply wear him down with numbers.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same as last round; shooting at the remaining gretchin. This time the Rings can afford a half-action to Aim.

Lorl (60 + range): (1d100)[77] (1d10+2)[9]
    Zelle (60 + range): (1d100)[46] (1d10+2)[12]
    Kip (60 + range): (1d100)[56] (1d10+2)[7]
    Kimmet (60 + range): (1d100)[38] (1d10+2)[8]

~ Sophistemon