New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC II

"By the time I stop winning, I hope to have a worthy successor. Unfortunately..." Moore cut himself off with a wave of his hand. "We are wasting time. If you have pressing engagements, and must trade with everyone and go, so be it. I will take stock of my resources, and see what I can afford to spare on short notice. You've already alerted the other clans to your presence, and I'm sure they will all be clamouring for your attention soon enough. One of my men will take you back to the Temple Spire."

He stomped off, leaving them in the care of a driver. The trip back to the spire was a shorter one than it had been on the way here, the driver taking a direct route instead of a scenic one and avoiding conversation along the way.

The temple doors were still open, though there were now no vehicles parked out front. A robed acolyte bobbed their head in greeting as the party entered. As they crossed the polished floor, towards the stairs, a man detached himself from the shadows near the entrance and crossed the floor to meet them. Where Lukas Moore had been short and stocky, this man was tall and athletic. He had short cropped hair, and a few days worth of stubble on his jaw. He appeared to be unarmed, and wore hard-wearing road leathers in place of any actual armour. He walked with a slight limp, as a result of an augmetic replacement - his left leg terminated just above the knee. Below that, it had been replaced with a worn, heavy-duty augmetic, with a clawed foot.

"So," he said, as a conversation starter, "what manner of grox crap did Moore feed you?"

Spoiler: Ravia Only
    Show
    Instead of going off with Moore, Ravia had elected to stay behind at the mechanicus temple. While it was unlikely that the others would be gone for long, conversation in binary was fast. Seeking another audience with Noctus, who seemed to be the ranking techpriest, she outlined the group's interest initially in bringing in the Ecclesiarchy in to stabilise the planet, and help convince the Administratum to transfe3r ownership to them. It was a short conversation, and Noctus seemed quite alarmed by the prospect of a bunch of clergy showing up on his doorstep. Though he maintained his position that the Vulkanites would stay out of trade until after the election, he did assure her that they would be happy to cooperate with Macharius in whatever means were necessary to keep the Ministorum out of things. To that end, he also spent some time answering her questions about the world.

The native wildlife was, predominantly, small mammals and reptiles, and large predatory arthropods. There were apparently scorpions the size of cars out there, and they were only too happy to supplement their diet with the human inhabitants. There was also a substantial population of Ambulls, though they mostly stayed in tunnels below the surface. While Noctus didn't have time to go through the entire planetary history for her, he did connect her with the temple's cogitator databanks, and gave her free reign to search the historical archives.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Roll an Intelligence-based Inquiry test to search the archives. +10 from your electro-graft applies. Base difficulty is Routine (+20). You only have one chance before Macharius and the others get back, but you could try again later.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2019-12-03 at 08:33 PM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    "By the time I stop winning, I hope to have a worthy successor.
    Was Moore looking to start a dynasty? It was a sentiment that might as well come from a spire lord back home. Anika wondered if some woman would be expected to help him with that.

She won't say anything important until the driver leaves them alone. 'Well. He was colourful, and seems rather certain of his own importance.'

She'll walk over to the man and shake his hand, 'I assume you're his competition? I'm Anika Vanhal, mostly of the Manticore's Sting. Moore seems to believe he's the one thing keeping this planet from descending into total barbarism. Is he right?'

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

"If he was, I'd be out of a job. Maximillian Stone, Interceptors. Officially, I'm his competition, but only officially. I haven't stayed alive this long by agressively getting in his way. Doesn't mean I like him, though. He tries to impose order, but a lot of the outlying settlements, smaller places that aren't connected to him, get forgotten about. Especially if they're in Smoker territory. The Immortans aren't big enough to police the whole planet. Neither are the Interceptors, come to it, but we have to try."

He paused. "Getting ahead of myself. I'm not used to asking for help. Anything out there, I figure I can take care of myself. Politics, though? That's a whole different beast."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

4. - Top - End - #94
    Banned

You know .. you could try? Right?

I'm sure it would be immensely painful to shake off all that machismo - generations on generations of hard faced burly men slugging it out over who get's to swing the biggest dong around. But you could try, you know? Maybe the real sign of leadership is to realise when someone else could actually help you.

Or ... am I getting ahead of myself? I propably am, I see the captain giving me that look that says 'why did I ever open that cryotube?'.

Felidae will smile at them both, possibly slightly more sweetly at Macharious.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius shakes the man's hand. Lord-Captain Macharius Absalom. Tell me, Master Stone. What would you do differently from Lord Moore, if given the chance? How would this planet change under your rule, and how would you serve the God-Emperor? Or do you not seek victory for yourself, having already resigned yourself to unchanging stagnation?

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, see, that's the thing. I don't want to be in charge, I just want it to be somebody better than Moore. What we've got here is enough to subsist on, and maybe for some that's enough, but we're going to need an influx of offworld goods if we ever want to get anywhere."

He pointed, back out the doors towards the city. "Out there, the city does alright. But we're stuck in a small area, never expanding much. The outlying settlements are built over resource deposits, for the most part, and manned just well enough to produce a steady flow of metal and oil. Our equipment is in need of constant repair, and we can only patch things so many times. There's limited ability to manufacture new parts outside of the Vulkanite temple."

"But, if you're asking? First thing I'd want to do is get a detachment of proper police out here. Establish a precinct house, and set up a more formal justice system."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

'You know you don't actually have to ask for us to help you? To the extent that we can be useful here we can just do that anyway.'

'The problem seems to be that this election is making Moore paranoid. He was initially against the idea of us trading with you at all. I take you intend to participate in this election? How might he handle losing?'

8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Destro Only
    Show

Inquiry (Untrained, Basic) TN 61 (d100)[45]

++Hmm, Ambulls. The Navigator has just acquired a collection of cages and this seems like the perfect use for them.++
    ++A selection of the lesser creatures would be useful as well, While not possible yet i would be happy to provide the genetic data of the native life forms from the world the Dynasty is colonizing if things go well here. From a distance they have some interesting natural electrostatic defenses that i am very much interested in finding out the true nature of++

Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

And who, in your mind, is better than Moore, if you do not wish to lead? We are new to this place. Tell me about his competition. My concerns, as always, are trade and the greater glory of the God-Emperor and Mankind. I would trade with the clans of this world, but not at the risk of propping up Heretics or recidivists.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

"Optimally, he'd handle losing by being dead. Not everyone survives the election, and nobody's ever won four in a row before. If he wins again, Moore makes history. I'll be fielding a team myself, of course..."

Maximillian trailed off again, looking around to ensure nobody was close enough to overhear. For the moment, they had the hall to themselves, and he continued in a hushed voice. "I do need your help, becaus I want you to enter. My team will back you up, so long as it doesn't look like they're backing you up. You say you don't want to prop up any heretics or recidivists, and that makes you alright in my books. I'm generally a pretty good judge of character. Not that we have any heretics, but some of the clans are little better than raiders. Maybe there's someone you've got that could stay here to lead, or maybe you appoint someone in absentia and give them a mandate to rule. Doesn't really matter." He sighed. "If that doesn't interest you, and you want to pick somebody from here to back instead, go with the Rusters. The guy in charge there is a decent bloke."

Spoiler: Ravia Only
    Show
    Ravia's dive through the historical archives proved enlightening. The filing system was somewhat archaic, and it took some searching to find anything actually useful, and then a little bit of logic to work out connections. The planet had indeed been settled by the Urussalin dynasty originally, and the Calixian Mechanicus had contracted to provide tech support and manufacturing equipment and personnel. The temple spire was one of the first Mechanicus facilities installed on the planet, and housed a fusion reactor that provided power for the whole city, with spare left over. It would eventually have been used, no doubt, if the settlement had continued to expand, but as it was there was little chance of the surplus being useful.

In return for their investiture of resources, the Mechanicus got first crack at any of the Archeotech the workers dug up. Everything was examined by the local adepts, before being packaged and shipped back to the lathes. It was actually the shipping rights where old Roodmar had made most of the profit from this place - once the initial investment was paid off, the Mechanicus provided a generous commission, with shipping fees, for every piece of tech the Rogue Trader returned to them. Anything deemed insufficiently useful, and any duplicate items, could be disposed of with a little greater freedom. Some helpful lexmechanic had thought to create a log to this effect, detailing every item that had ever been excavated. It was a supremely lengthy list, but it did include disposition information for all of the finds. If she cross-referenced with the shipping manifests, she would be able to determine if anything had been left on the planet somewhere, but that was likely to be a lengthy process.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

11. - Top - End - #101
    Banned

Felidae looks to Macharius, raises and eyebrow suggestively .. seriously - can I have a tank? - then turns to Maximillian:

So you want a reign of law and order, and a stable society, right? Strong arbites in the streets, a standing army of PDF regulars, and a disarmament of paramilitary warlords? In exchange for .. oh let's say land rights and mining contracts, and so on? Trading might for wealth? Power for influence?

That's how succesful worlds work. And generally, getting warlords to voluntarily give up their weapons seems to be the big stumbling block.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Hannabel rolls her eyes ostentatiously at the entire discussion. "Sounds to me like you just want to replace one set o' boots stepping on everyone's faces with a bigger set o' boots, Master Stone. You do realize that any law enforcement coming in off planet is going to have bigger and better guns than anyone here, and they won't be taking orders from any o' you either. They'll either be the Lord Captain's men or - God-Emperor save you - enforcers sanctioned by the Administratum. And if someone here gets promoted to High Clanlord with off-world support, they'll be following orders too. If that happens, everyone here can kiss what little self-rule they've got goodbye."

"So, what's your actual beef with Moore? If he does a half decent job of maintaining order and you and your people get to be his deputy Arbites, it sounds to me like you've go a pretty cozy setup. Even if he wins a fourth election, how does that make things worse for you or anyone else? At least if the alternative is taking orders from space cops and getting a bullet to the head if you don't like it."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

'Self-rule is all very well as long as you have enough food and aren't overly worried about raiders trying to kill you. I don't know enough about this place to know if off-world support would make things worse, but I suppose if it was us we can at least manage to be fairer minded then some.'

'I should think the problem with Moore would be obvious, the question is are we willing to do anything about it?'

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

"That," Stone said, pointing at Anika. "To expand on that, well, you've seen the place, right? Sure, we exist, and those who can eke out a living, but there's not much room for expansion here. Bigger boots with better guns is partly the point, to keep those of less law-abiding inclinations in line, and partly the cost of doing business. Would you want to live here, as it is? What would you say self-rule has actually done for us, beyond postponing violent death as long as possible? Moore's a warlord, he defends the city and his power base. Moore does things in the name of Moore. Slag it, you get the Arbites here, I'll be first in line to sign up. I have seen where lawlessness gets us, miss." He turned, holding up a hand to indicate the gates. "It's out there, if you want to go and look again."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Hannabel shrugs. "Moore's a bastard warlord and this planet is a hellhole, got it. Your solution is to bring in a bigger iron fist, but that will get you precisely nothing but more of the same. The Arbites enforce the will of the Administratum, and the Administratum doesn't care about anything except getting their planetary tithes on time. They certainly won't be using their resources to improve a dying planet in the middle of nowhere with a population smaller than the Sting's crew - not enough return on investment, see."

"The way I see it, you have two realistic choices - the first is to leave this place ASAP. You're in luck there, because the Lord Captain has a new colony set up that needs tough people who can manage machinery without the Mechanicus babysitting them all the time. It's got green grass and water aplenty, too. Nice place, if you're into that sort of thing."

"The second is to convince the Lord Captain to make a serious investment in this place. Your planet is dying, that's plain to see, so just putting someone else in charge won't be anywhere near enough. You need more people, more resources, proper interstellar trade, and yes, law and order. If you want that from us, then I guess it's up to the Lord Captain to decide if it's worth his while. Just remember what he said before - once he's in charge, he won't be tolerating any signs of heresy or recidivism. And he'll call it as he sees it."

Suddenly the hard look and tone vanish, and Hannabel is all smiles again. "Or maybe I'm just messing with your head, Master Stone."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

I appreciate your goals, Master Stone. Order, security, and stability. They are the right and proper goals of Imperial subjects. And you are right. Self-rule, independence, freedom- these are the foolish dreams of deluded children at best, and at worst a slippery slope to recidivism. A wise man is always conscious of his place in the Imperium, and of his role as a servant of the God-Emperor. What this world needs is proper order and a clear chain of command, and perhaps I am best suited to provide it. I can provide trade, supplies, and a military force well-supplied enough to crush rebels and upstarts. This world, in turn, can provide me resources.

Let us say that I agree with you, and that I decide to compete and win rather than simply trade with the warring clans. Once I win, I would need to appoint a local regent. I'm certainly not intending to spend the rest of my life here, as you've noted. Tell me of the clans. I've met you and Moore, but not the others. I would know my competition and potential subjects. And who might be trusted to rule in my stead.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

With a frown and narrowed eyes, Echo wondered what Hannabel was thinking. She must truly love causing trouble, to work against our interests like this. And this new Clanlord seems conveniently open to our involvement. He should be watched. If he secretly plans to use us only to depose Moore and then betray us, we must be ready.

He nodded in support of the Lord-Commander. "Yes, yes yes tell us tell of the other clans clans other clans. Of alliances alliances and rivalries rivalries."

Let us see if this Stone gives us the same story as the Tech-Priest. The Smokers oppose the Immortans, allegedly. What about the others? I doubt Moore has supporters beyond his own clan, but such a thing is possible.
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika will wait for Hannabel to finish, now used to this sort of thing. 'Well personally I have no problem taking anyone with us who wants to leave, but in the short term perhaps we should talk to these Rusters. A clan of engineers might be willing to work with us for better reasons then just their rivalry with Moore.'

'And we shouldn't need a reason to fix this place if we can, but if it has to be like that...didn't Jonell mention the rumors of archaeotech being dug up here?'

Spoiler
    Show

Are the Arbites in the Expanse in enough numbers that they might be persuaded to send people or supplies to Viatrames
    Common Lore Koronus vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[86]

19. - Top - End - #109

Having received a notification that the rest of the Command crew had returned to the temple Ravia makes here way to them from the Archival Node. Arriving after the conversation with Stone is underway and then waiting for a moment to interject

++There is much of interest here, while it will take some time to catalog and collate into locationial data there once was a regular shipment of Arcotech to the Lathes, that would be of better concern than owning the actual dustball. Supplemental to the exported items the archives reference unneeded material in storage that would possibly be useful for our endevours++

++And to more immediate concerns there is a population of Ambulls out in the wastes, such a fitting creature to grace the new beast cages++
    ++Other creatures minor as well but actual Ambulls!++
    ++We could give one to Winterscale++

++My knowledge on such minimally interesting factors is hazy but its not unknown to have trade routes between locations without "owning" one or more of those locations, acquire and provide the supply to the Lathes and let the title of owner of dusty rock linger with its lost heirs unobtrusively++
    ++The only draw back i can see with such a task is that we lack a actual Mercantile focused ship presently, Captain Jonnel might have such a vessel and would certainly be interested in a share of the profits and the betterment of the Colony from it++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Anika was reasonably sure that the Arbites didn't have a major presence in the expanse, but she didn't know how easy it would be to persuade them to change that. Generally speaking, Arbites precincts only started to pop up once the other Adepta were already on their way to getting established.

Stone waited for everyone else to finish speaking before he started up again. Somewhat reluctantly, he acknowledged Ravia's points first. "It's true that you needn't actually own the place in order to help it. What we really need is, as the lady pointed out, an influx of resources, and a step up in law and order. Once we've got those, population growth will come naturally. You can take the slagging Ambulls, too, if you want them. They can be a right bugger to get at, but they're out there, all right. And so is the archeotech, probably, though Emperor only knows how deep it's buried. They cleared out the surface deposits back when old Roodmar was in charge, and once his trade routes dried up, they shut down the excavations and the desert took them back. That's outside of the immediate matter, though. You want to know about the other clans?" He stopped speaking, looking around for somewhere to sit. "Got to be a side room around here."

Once one had been located, and the Vulkanite initiates sent scurrying off in search of refreshments, Maximillian started talking. "Alright, so you know there's five big ones, right? Moore's boys, the Immortans, and mine, the Interceptors, you've met. That leaves three. Smokers run a few of the old fuel refineries, out in the badlands. They've got a large supply of petrol, and a substantial fighting force to secure their own territory. They've also got major beef with the Immortans, but neither side is big enough to crush the other without a protracted fight. Smokers probably couldn't manage it at all, now that Moore's had three years of wins to build up his power base, but neither could the Immortans do it without pulling military assets off defence. Moore's paranoid. He's not about to leave himself open, even if he could be reasonably certain nobody would make a move on him while his back was turned. His vehicles are bigger and badder, but the Smokers have thrown together some pretty nasty stuff. Skirmishes between those two get ugly."

"Biggest clan by numbers is actually the Rusters. They're popular with the common man, and they do a lot of trade in scrap. They've got a mine and a bunch of machine shops, and they turn out rebuilt vehicles faster than anybody else. Only problem is, they're stuck using secondhand parts and imperfect tools. So, those vehicles can't stand up to what Moore and the Smokers can field. If push came to shove I think the Rusters would win, but it'd be a bloody pyrrhic victory. They're the ones to go to if you want men or materiel, because they've got the most of both, and they could desperately use better equipment. If they don't get some support soon, I expect the clan to fragment, spin off into a few subclans. Moore will probably snap up some, and the Smokers will absorb some more."

"Finally, there's.. well, they want to be called Veluminaries, bloody stupid name if you ask me, but we all just call them Lumes. Or Loonies, which fits better. They're the biggest thorn in my side, because they don't give half a damn about anything but building the biggest, fastest, meanest cars they can. They'll beg or steal whatever they can't buy, which also makes them the biggest source of raids, and the most attractive clan for thrillseekers. Big problem with them is that they don't really have a steady base of operations, so they're hard to pin down. Hell of it is, they've probably got the best maintained vehicles on the planet. They're obsessive about tinkering and maintenance. Guess it gives them something to do, when they aren't too busy pillaging."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

21. - Top - End - #111

Lizardfolk

Thoughts rattling around in his mind, Kennoch nodded his support to Ravia; her suggestions--most of them; he wasn't so sure about the Ambulls--aligned nicely with his own. Obviously, he counted her as his best ally in returning the local Mechanicus to power.

We must talk later, you and I. Privately.

But aloud, he only said, "Of course, course the Lord-Commander Lord-Commander Lord Lord Lord may do well may well to personally meet personally the other Clanlords the other. Best to trust best his own wisdom wisdom."

~ Sophistemon

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Interesting. I believe we are best off owning the place. The Mechanicus have a noted tendency to keep all the best archaeotech for themselves, and we find ourselves in need of such. For now, it appears that your Interceptors and the Rusters are the most reasonable and Emperor-fearing of the clans. How might I get in touch with the other Clanlords?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

"They'll be coming to you, soon enough. After you sent out that message, they'll want to see what's for sale. And what you want for it."

Maximillian stood, proferred a hand for Macharius to shake. "Tomorrow, likely as not, you'll get the chance to meet them all."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #114

Lizardfolk

With subtle disappointment, Echo's helmet tilted down. And who will excavate, identify, and maintain this archeotech, Macharius? Once you've muscled aside the Mechanicus from their lawful and holy duty. Will you seek out hereteks on Footfall? And when you have, will they service our ships and repair the Terminus Omni Agraphum as well? No. No, I will not stand idly by while you make this error. It is your right and duty to bring the Imperium's order, and I won't fault you for inviting the Ecclesiarchy here too, even if this Temple does. By all means, take ownership of Viatrames, with or without the Administratum's blessing, and show these barbarians the Emperor's light. However, even your authority has some limits.

But as you appear resolved, my options are limited, and I must act with care. It is time to speak with the Magos--both of them.

"I doubt that I I I doubt will be of help will be in such matters such matters. But these xeno-beasts xeno-beasts xeno-beasts sound intriguing, Magos Ravia Magos Magos sound. Come, come come tell me more tell me tell more."

He gestured invitingly toward the door, and if she would lead him, he followed to discuss the fauna--and perhaps other matters--in private.

Spoiler: Ravia and Destro Only
    Show
    If possible, Kennoch switched his suit's vox to a private frequency for only the Magos's ear-bead, and in any case, he waited until they were physically alone. His young voice turned serious and grave. "I fear fear the Lord-Commander Commander Commander Commander stands to make stands a terrible mistake mistake terrible mistake. We must try we must to save him from it save him. Will you join me will you? Let us speak speak with Noctus Noctus Noctus.

~ Sophistemon

25. - Top - End - #115

Ravia will follow the Navigator, the important information delivered even if it fell on deaf ears once again.

Spoiler: Blarghy and Destro Only
    Show

++Indeed, indeed, i do not know why he mistrusts us so.++
    ++To have the Adeptus as allies and friends is of a great boon to any organization and the easiest way is to let us have priority to the archotech. The files i found and relayed just now indicate that anything not deemed of priority was able to be used by others and just might still be cached away on this planet somewhere forgotten.++

++The reconstruction would go so much faster if there were more Engiseers tasked to it who know shipbuilding, rather than my limited knowledge of such things, being a Biologis and all. i can direct repairs and minor construction but i would much rather a Adept who knows the details of Starship design to be the one rebuilding such a wonder++
    ++And there is great potential for a Forge Asteroid in the system around Davis++

++I have cursory knowledge of Ambulls, hence why i would like to have a few to run genetic cycling on and observe for useful traits. One wonder's what useful and interesting things you could make with them and am always looking to add more creatures to my catalog++

++Planetary Data cross indexed with the Files on Archotech shipments will take some collating and i expect it will at the least fill in the trip to Winterscales thing++
    ++Peaceful contact with all major parties here would be a boon as i suspect many of the lost caches are going to be scattered in those territories and possible may have already been scavenged++ ++Must ask if there is protocol for the natives using Archotech in their hijink races, Moore may have something that has been giving him a edge++

Last edited by Leon; 2019-12-10 at 09:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

When Stone is gone, Hannnabel pipes up again. "Lord Commander, I don't understand our priorities here. When Jonell told us about this place it was because we were supposed to come here and pick up cheap equipment and people to run it for Port Davis. Jonell even told us that the accessible pockets of archaeotech had already been picked clean. We've already got resources tied up in growing one colony, why are we now discussing trying to do a full scale take over this dying hellhole as well?"

27. - Top - End - #117

Lizardfolk

Spoiler: Ravia and Destro Only
    Show
    "I...defer to your expertise defer expertise on the matter of Ambulls Ambulls matter," Echo said rather skeptically. He'd need a good reason to stick out his own neck for that cause; the beasts were far too large to implant with a psyber-lure, so the risks seemed high for little or no personal reward.

"But otherwise, yes yes yes. We need your priesthood need need need for House Absalom's prosperity, Absalom Absalom Absalom to say nothing of say nothing the Omnissiah's will Omnissiah Omnissiah Omnissiah. It is wrong wrong and shortsighted shortsighted to deny your role deny role."

The Navis shook his head and grumbled, "As for Moore, Moore Moore Moore damn his blasphemy and hubris damn damn blasphemy. Noctus already said already he modifies his vehicle modifies. Thus, he is he a heretek heretek heretek heretek heretek heretek. His life his is forfeit forfeit."

Echo's shoulder-mounted hellpistol, recently installed by the Magos herself, bounced up and down slightly as though nodding its agreement.

"In any event, any let us speak speak with the good Noctus good Noctus. I have some I have suggestions to discuss suggestions. We may yet we may persuade the Captain Captain Captain Captain."
    Last edited by Blarghy; 2019-12-10 at 07:14 PM.

~ Sophistemon

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

'Yes it's probably better to clarify things. Do we allow the election to play out as it may for instance?'

'I'd also like to think we could improve this place on the cheap anyway, but that may be naive of me.'

29. - Top - End - #119
    Banned

Use the sensors on the Terminus to look for likely spots on the planet for excavation. Mount dozer blades on all those big vehicles, start digging, sell off the artifacts, and invest part of the profits in a fleet of near-derelict tugs. Send the tugs out to the asteroid belt, and start systematically giving each and every asteroid a nudge, to send it on a course to crash here - preferably in some deep desert area where no one goes. In ten years time, we could be harvesting crops five times a year. And all the might of the Imperium rests on a foundation of ... humble wheat.

Only problem in this plan: I have no idea whether a belt of water asteroids exists in this system.

Plan B: If no watery asteroid belt exists in this system, I propose digging out anything valuable here, then uprooting everyone who wants to come.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Ravia and Echo Only
    Show
    Leaving the others behind for the moment, Echo and Ravia set off looking for Noctus. They found him before too long, working on one of the temple's air circulators. The side panel had been removed, and the techpriest was up to his elbows in wires. "These require frequent maintenance," he said as they approached. "Keeping the temple running is a never-ending source of work. Could you assist me, while we talk?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: