New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,475 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC II

"Anika, is it?" Lady Kindjal said. "I can't say that we've met, but it's not a surprise. I'm from a little further afield than many. Thracian Primaris, in the Scarus sector." She kept her face carefully neutral. "Unfortunately, my Great Aunt is indisposed. She is very old, as I'm sure you're aware, and her health fails her. She may hold a few private audiences, later, but she will not be attending the main body of the festivities."

"A busybody Rogue Trader. That's almost worse." Etula sighed. "Well, at least I know you've not been sent specifically to hound me."

She fixed her stare on Anika. "I've heard of you, I think. Don't you have some relatives amongst the palace crowd? Grew up here? You'd know well enough that power breeds enemies. Even if I'm no more than a conduit to strike at my uncle, there are plenty enough happy to do it. I appreciate your vote of confidence, though. If I decided to start surreptitiously taking some of this lot apart, I'd do a hell of a lot better at hiding the bodies, tell you that much."
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ettin in the Playground

'Thracian Primaris? My, you have come a long way to get here.' Anika had only heard of the world. 'That is a shame about your great aunt. I'd expect someone of her generation would have lived through quite a lot. Please give her my regards.' Anika is nothing but polite.

To Etula, 'I'd say you of all people would know that you can't help who you're related to, but I take your point. I would say that the list of people who might have a serious problem with you and who have the expertise to manage something like the Stalker might be quite small. Fell free to let us know later if any names do spring to mind.' Anika grins, 'All this is obviously just a theory, and if I'm wrong about you then at least we might have caught your attention. Otherwise I thought it might be worth making contact to see if we can compare notes. I presume you would prefer to clear your name if you were able?'

Spoiler: Destro only
    Show

Assuming there are any paintings or other art to look at within the Kindjal estate, Anika will keep a look out for any paintings of family members. She is looking for any sign of family resemblance between any of the Kindjals and Hannabel.

ooc
    Scrutiny? or Awareness +10 as appropriate
    vs. Per 43
    (1d100)[90]

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius laughs cheerfully. Nosiness is a bit of an occupational hazard, I'm afraid. A non-busybody Rogue Trader tends to miss the best opportunities. Or the assassins, hoho! I do appreciate your concerns for tidiness however. Dreadfully rude to simply leave dead bodies lying around for other people to clean up.

He pauses, and for a moment looks more calculating and less boisterous, his voice lower. Although I would expect that if this were a plot to embarrass Lord Hax, the targets would have been chosen differently. People known to have opposed you, for instance. Or those aligned with Lord Hax that you didn't get along with, to chip away his support on two fronts. To the extent that whoever is doing this wants to undermine the rightful imperial ruler, causing him embarrassment through you seems to be a fringe benefit, not the main goal.

He roars with laughter again, smiling broadly. Or they're just annoyed at not being invited to the right parties, hoho!

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika will respond to that last point of Macharius'. 'That would at least be a motive. If the Stalker is not doing this because of politics then they're likely to be a lot harder to find. Assuming they don't come looking for us of course.'

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Firbolg in the Playground

Skul drifted out to the buffet and picked up a small plate with something fancy on it and drifted back to where it had come from only for it to drift back out later and hands a small data slate to the Captain. It reads: Work Calls, Have fun with your hijinks.

Ravia will leave and arrange a shuttle back to the ship, tossing a plate of hors d'oeuvre away as she leaves. How these people eat such things was beyond her, true that she had once been of that type to a degree but that was a long past and a better forgotten time.

Back on the ship

When returned the Cohort will be assembled and their training progress reviewed and new focused tasks assigned

Spoiler: Destro
    Show

Ravia will have the choicest of the new recruits brought to the Medical bay and begin to asses them for further enhancement tests

++The Flesh, some of you may be aware is Weak++
    ++You are going to assist with making it much Stronger++

Last edited by Leon; 2022-04-11 at 07:59 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet