New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: rwbyOS X: Even the Thread Gets a Costume Change!

Finally caught up.
    So. Much. Studid.
    The fight between Tyrian, Qrow and lucky guy probably takes the cake.
    Okay, you to have something you got to slug out, but maybe wait until the deranged cultist is dealt with.
    Seriously, there are several moments where either Clover or Qrow could land a blow and the other stops him.

Jaques... ignoring that his deal with the devil was incredibly ill-concieved, how did the guy ever run his company if he snaps so easily?

Still, the Season was great, even if it's a near complete victory for Team Salem again,
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

2. - Top - End - #122
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

I hereby authorise that this thread get resurrected. I'll update the first post soon.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Here is the teaser trailer for Vol 8.

And here is the official vol 8 trailer (can't embed two videos per post.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul703kdcUUE
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: C8E1
    Show
    Well, Ironwood just went full villain.
    And not in a good way. If he keeps this up I don't think many people will stay loyal.
    I mean at least pretend the other guy gave you a reason.

Meanwhile our heroes... Please don't make this another divide about how to safe people.
    Ironwood's "I'm doing this my way and stop anyone who even thinks about alternatives" is already bad enough. Even before he jumped straight to murdering folks for questioning him.
    I wonder what kinda toys Penny's dad has for them though. Didn't they just receive upgrades last chapter?

Salem's crew is a friendly a healthy workplave as ever. Why did Cinder return to them again?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Show
    Salem's crew is a friendly a healthy workplave as ever. Why did Cinder return to them again?
    Spoiler: C8E1 Cinder
    Show
    What even are her other options? It's not as though Cinder should expect to be able to not return when she has what Salem wants. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Salem was able to remotely exert control over Cinder's arm or at the very least track it. And even if not she has an army and Cinder has no reason to assume that Salem isn't going to continue winning. At least not that we've seen.

She can either try get back in good graces so that her sudden but inevitable betrayal at least has the possibility of working. Or she can go into hiding and just hope to die of natural causes before Salem finishes with her other loose ends.

Well I suppose she could try see how merciful Ruby is and join team good guys but that doesn't seem particularly likely.
    Sparxs Plays: My friend's Youtube gaming channel where you can watch us.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbj...9MQHA/featured

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMech View Post
    Spoiler: C8E1 Cinder
    Show
    What even are her other options? It's not as though Cinder should expect to be able to not return when she has what Salem wants. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Salem was able to remotely exert control over Cinder's arm or at the very least track it. And even if not she has an army and Cinder has no reason to assume that Salem isn't going to continue winning. At least not that we've seen.

She can either try get back in good graces so that her sudden but inevitable betrayal at least has the possibility of working. Or she can go into hiding and just hope to die of natural causes before Salem finishes with her other loose ends.

Well I suppose she could try see how merciful Ruby is and join team good guys but that doesn't seem particularly likely.
    Show
    I strongly doubt changing sides is in the books for Cinder. Or redemption, really. At best she's gonna turn on Salem for being... well, Salem and triggering whatever failsafe Salem prepared.

And yeah, she doesn't have many options here, beyond maybe going after the heroes on her own, which wouldn't end well.
    It's just that the reactions to her return were bad enough I asked anyway.

I mean Salem reacts like a pet dragged in something nasty and basically asks „What do you want here?“, Tyrion mocks her and Emerald- the only one actually happy to see her -is shut up immediately.
    So, yeah... Why did she return again?

Still, Team Evil looks better than dear James in this one. Even if the next episode reveals that the other guy was working for... What's her name? The lady who opposed Ironwood?
    Robyn.
    So even if it's revealed he worked for the enemy that was a extreme turn of events.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Hear me out. (Will write more on episode 1 and 2 later, 2 only available for paying people for another 6 days.)

Spoiler: Vol 8 Episode 1
    Show

Somehow it is going to be Cinder who is going to appear before the two gods. And she is not going to redeem herself, but somehow she is going to say something very "human" even though Cinder will remain power hungry*.

And the end result is Salem is taken away, Ozpin will merge with Oscar (but also be half forgotten), Ruby is there to bear witness to all this, the maiden powers will be dispersed but there will still be grimm, semblances, etc.

* The likely candidate is she is going to be angry (her way to deal with fear, counter-phobia using aggressiveness to deal with fear) and say I had nothing and no one. I 🔥 was born into this broken world and I made my way through it without anyone. And through this this making my way through the world I found people to help me and I used them to get where I am now. I had no power and now I have power and thus I am not a constant.
    * And the amoral gods will see this as humans working together even though they see that humans are divided on goals, values, and even concepts like kindness. Even a broken person who wants only power can find community (with her collected assets.) This will turn out to be enough for the amoral gods.
    * Cinder has remade herself numerous times in order to survive. Since she is willing to remake herself and not hold onto an ideal like a specific person she is considered acceptable in the eyes of the amoral gods. The amoral gods who only care about "control" and will both accept distance but also cooperation along as they feel like they are not being controlled.

The gods then decide to depart this world (instead of living among the humans) and we are left only with our comrades and enemies. (And a whole lot less magic but still some magic.)

8. - Top - End - #128

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Show
    I strongly doubt changing sides is in the books for Cinder. Or redemption, really. At best she's gonna turn on Salem for being... well, Salem and triggering whatever failsafe Salem prepared.

And yeah, she doesn't have many options here, beyond maybe going after the heroes on her own, which wouldn't end well.
    It's just that the reactions to her return were bad enough I asked anyway.

I mean Salem reacts like a pet dragged in something nasty and basically asks „What do you want here?“, Tyrion mocks her and Emerald- the only one actually happy to see her -is shut up immediately.
    So, yeah... Why did she return again?

Still, Team Evil looks better than dear James in this one. Even if the next episode reveals that the other guy was working for... What's her name? The lady who opposed Ironwood?
    Robyn.
    So even if it's revealed he worked for the enemy that was a extreme turn of events.
    Show
    Definately. I mostly mention Cinder trying to join Team RWBY because I like the mental image of a desperate Cinder on her knees in front of the show's woobie and getting executed on the spot by Ruby after remembering what Cinder did to Pyrrha.

Tyrion mocks everyone... except for his goddess Salem. And I'm not 100% convinced that isn't subterfuge. Emerald is shut up because Cinder's situation is walking on the thinnest ice possible and that situation needs to be rectified immediately. Salem treats her like a misbehaving pet because... she is. Salem gave Cinder explicit orders and Cinder ignored them. Salem doesn't strike me as a person who tolerates insubordination. Especially not from an underling who's showing signs of StarScream syndrome. Cinder's power hungry and has slipped at least once in front of Salem about the issue of just who the maiden power belongs to. If she had come back empty handed she's already be dragged off to some torture chamber to have the maiden power taken out of her and put in someone else.

As for James, he's basically gone over the deep end. some people think this is bad writing but I disagree. It just continues the pattern of Oz and his underlings being wrong about their approach. James shot that guy because he's at the point where he doesn't believe he can afford to be delayed or stopped from accomplishing his goal. He think's launching a small percentage of the world's population into low orbit with questionable ability to supply and feed itself is the only solution to the coming apocalypse that is Salem. He thinks if he fails to do this or he lets anything stand in his way humanity goes extinct. He's already given up. Is shooting that dude going to prove wrong by distancing key allies from him. It sure is. But if we can't even have people in real life act rationally why should we expect people in fiction where the goal is drama and conflict to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Hear me out. (Will write more on episode 1 and 2 later, 2 only available for paying people for another 6 days.)

Spoiler: Vol 8 Episode 1
    Show

Somehow it is going to be Cinder who is going to appear before the two gods. And she is not going to redeem herself, but somehow she is going to say something very "human" even though Cinder will remain power hungry*.

And the end result is Salem is taken away, Ozpin will merge with Oscar (but also be half forgotten), Ruby is there to bear witness to all this, the maiden powers will be dispersed but there will still be grimm, semblances, etc.

* The likely candidate is she is going to be angry (her way to deal with fear, counter-phobia using aggressiveness to deal with fear) and say I had nothing and no one. I 🔥 was born into this broken world and I made my way through it without anyone. And through this this making my way through the world I found people to help me and I used them to get where I am now. I had no power and now I have power and thus I am not a constant.
    * And the amoral gods will see this as humans working together even though they see that humans are divided on goals, values, and even concepts like kindness. Even a broken person who wants only power can find community (with her collected assets.) This will turn out to be enough for the amoral gods.
    * Cinder has remade herself numerous times in order to survive. Since she is willing to remake herself and not hold onto an ideal like a specific person she is considered acceptable in the eyes of the amoral gods. The amoral gods who only care about "control" and will both accept distance but also cooperation along as they feel like they are not being controlled.

The gods then decide to depart this world (instead of living among the humans) and we are left only with our comrades and enemies. (And a whole lot less magic but still some magic.)
    Spoiler: Ending speculation
    Show
    Nah. Clearly the ending to RWBY is the one thing that could have stopped the world from spinning into turmoil in the first place. Oz and Salem getting marriage counselling. Everything structurally wrong with the world is the result of their failed marriage after all. Well everything except perhaps the Faunus mistreatment. That's just people being disappointing.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

This is all subscription people first view discussions, right?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Lightbulb Re: rwbyOS X: Even the Thread Gets a Costume Change!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Nah, first episode is out for free viewers.
    I'm a free viewer for one.
    Good thing too considering their page is disagreeing with my computer again.
    And watching on my phone is not the most comfortable experience.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    If you click "play latest episode" you will be redirected to sign up for Rooster Teeth First which costs $6 at the cheapest option. This is because Vol 8 Episode 2 is already out. (PS it is better than episode 01)

Instead go to this page (season 8) https://roosterteeth.com/series/rwby?season=8 and then click on the individual episode V8:E1 - Divide.

Notice on that same page it lists V8:E2 - Refuge RWBY | FREE 11/21/2020, well without having a subscription you have to wait to 11/21. Also notice above the words the icon for V8:E2 is darker almost black and it says FIRST in grey in the middle with Watch First in the upper left with red.

----

Yeah the website design could be better.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Show

As for James, he's basically gone over the deep end. some people think this is bad writing but I disagree. It just continues the pattern of Oz and his underlings being wrong about their approach. James shot that guy because he's at the point where he doesn't believe he can afford to be delayed or stopped from accomplishing his goal. He think's launching a small percentage of the world's population into low orbit with questionable ability to supply and feed itself is the only solution to the coming apocalypse that is Salem. He thinks if he fails to do this or he lets anything stand in his way humanity goes extinct. He's already given up. Is shooting that dude going to prove wrong by distancing key allies from him. It sure is. But if we can't even have people in real life act rationally why should we expect people in fiction where the goal is drama and conflict to do so.
    Spoiler: V8E1
    Show
    The exact same could have been accomplished by having him arrest the man and it would be more in character for him too. Ironwood shooting a dude for practically no reason seems design to make it easy to root against the general.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2020-11-17 at 03:28 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The exact same could have been accomplished by having him arrest the man and it would be more in character for him too. Ironwood shooting a dude for practically no reason seems design to make it easy to root against the general.
    Spoiler: Ironwood , Vol 8 Ep 1
    Show

Ironwood is having a bad day, his world is crumbling down around him and he is taking action in order to save what he can. He can't tolerate loss, and since in a game playing with an immortal any loss is finale, he has been freaking out for years, self-soothing with building up his armies for the larger the armies are the more he sees progress and has faith. The second way he self soothes is having friends and Ozpin.

He doesn't have that anymore, he is having a bad day and he is pissed. Shooting people produces delight for they were "always taxes" on how he felt emotionally and he just wants to cut his losses since he is doing so much more killing anyway during that day might as well do another one.

Spoiler: Adding some Vol 8 Ep 2 stuff
    Show

Sidenote in James's mind keeping prisoners with Qrow and Robin is what got Clover (one of his best lieutenants) killed. I am willing to bet money that James would have shot those people anyway for he is sacrificing thousands / millions with his flying city to the grimm. In his mind what is 2 or 3 more people on the council who deserve to die. After all that other council member, Weiss dad is how everyone got betrayed by Watts.

James is very pissed at Qrow right now (this is unsaid but we can infer it very easily with subtext.) Ozpin / Oscar betrayed him, Watts betrayed him, Jacques Schnee betrayed him. Everyone betrayed him. And his best friend / rival Qrow got his lieutenant killed. These two I bet are going to yell at each other when they fight sometime later.

https://roosterteeth.com/watch/rwby-volume-7-12

I did not mention this earlier with Vol 7 Episode 12 but Rooster Teeth was purposefully making choices with how they colored things with Clover's death by Tyrian. (For example it goes black and white when the sneak attack happened.) Well 16:55 to 17:00 there is a scene with Qrow with 3 main color scheme, mountains at top, far horizon, and then closer background. Isn't those the colors for the bisexual flag? The colors happening like that due to the weird sunrise over Atlas. But yeah this is "subtext" with themes and we did not get any precise "text" confirmation.

colored the sky with 3 colors at Clover's death when that happened. The 3 colors are the same ones as the bisexual flag.

14. - Top - End - #134

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: V8E1 James
    Show
    Could it? All the people Ironwood has arrested so far he has a valid reason for doing so. Reasons that will convince the people required to keep them imprisoned to continue doing so. Reasons that the many many people he needs to continue operating Atlas and moving towards his goals will listen to and continue doing the work he needs them to continue doing. Does he have a valid reason to arrest the rest of the council? No. The moment he does so and word gets out he's probably looking at widespread civil unrest. Much easier to cover up the death of one or two people.

He is acting like a bad guy because he is a bad guy. He's decided to abandon 99% of the world's population to death. Even a large majority of his own citizens. And he won't even tell them he's doing it or why it's even necessary in his mind.
    Last edited by DeadMech; 2020-11-16 at 08:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135

Spoiler
    Show
    {snip}
    Please remember to always title your spoilers with the episode number in this thread.

---

Places to watch the current season of RWBY, Volume 8.

The most up to date episode (paid):
    Rooster Teeth - https://roosterteeth.com/series/rwby?season=8 - Paid Rooster Teeth First subscription required
    Cost: $5.99 USD/month, $32.99 USD/6 months ($5.50 USD/month), or $59.99 USD/year ($5.00 USD/month). 7-day free trial.
    VRV - https://vrv.co/series/G609MWD26/RWBY - [US ONLY] Paid Premium membership required
    Cost: $9.99 USD/month for all VRV channels (Boomerang, Cartoon Hangover, Crunchyroll, HIDIVE, Mondo, Rooster Teeth, VRV Select). 30 day free trial. Or Rooster Teeth only, $5.99 USD/month.

One week delay (free):
    Rooster Teeth - https://roosterteeth.com/series/rwby?season=8 - No registration required
    Crunchyroll - https://www.crunchyroll.com/rwby - No registration required
    VRV - https://vrv.co/series/G609MWD26/RWBY - [US ONLY] No registration required

Anyone know of any other places? Legal only, obviously.
    Last edited by Rawhide; 2020-11-17 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Formatting, pricing.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

New episodes!

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: V8C2
    Show
    Yay! Hoverbikes!
    Yang is right. Ruby's team is definitely missing out.

Though maybe not on the crushing defeat front.
    So much for getting some sleep tonight...

Also, they get to ride those tubes. Those look fun too. As long as they happen to other people... Blake raises a good question- is there anything in Atlas the Schnees don't own?
    Aside from the military, the goverment, the Academy...
    Nora shows why you should stay well away from questionably safe transportation methods while explaining them.
    I hope Weiss getting fired doesn't mean someone has to stay behind. The controls are a bit away from the tube and I don't think the bots will listen to the rest of the party.

Also, I'm worried about Penny. Hopefully she doesn't do anything stupid, like returning to James.
    I'm not convinced dear Jimmy will just let her be. He might try to put the Wintermaiden into someone more... loyal? trustworthy? leashed. He might want that power into somone more leashed.
    And get some information on where those traitors with their own plans for saving people are.
    Probably wouldn't end well for... anyone, really.

Edit
    Spoiler: V8E3
    Show
    Watts definitely got the best line.
    "The trust is really palpable."

Other than that... definitely another win for Team Salem.
    Huh? Ironwood? Yeah, he's making a great pawn.
    Seriously, there's no way this stunt doesn't backfire.

Also, poor Nora. Guess Semblances can backfire. Ouch.
    Last edited by Kantaki; 2020-11-28 at 01:07 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: V8C3
    Show
    Hey you know what absolutely can't backfire? Asking the guy who joined an apocalypse cult because he was angry at one guy to hack your supersoldier robot with magic powers. Completely foolproof plan.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2020-11-29 at 03:52 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Episode 4 of Vol 8 is good. I had to pause it and take a break for it is good and I need to pinch myself.

I will write something in spoiler blocks about episode 2 and 3 later, creating real conversation instead of just teasing / expressing shock that RWBY is fun again.

I think I am going to skip sharing stuff about episode 1 (I think) for it would just feel mean and there were several lost moments where they could have done the same scene but do it better.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2020-11-29 at 12:13 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey you know what absolutely can't backfire? Asking the guy who joined an apocalypse cult because he was angry at one guy to hack your supersoldier robot with magic powers. Completely foolproof plan.
    Spoiler: V8E3
    Show
    Yeah... Penny's dad is going to find out why remote access was perhaps not the wisest feature.

21. - Top - End - #141

Spoiler
    Show
    {snip}
    Please remember to always title your spoilers with the episode number in this thread.

This is the second time in as many weeks I have asked you.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: V8E4 Fault
    Show
    Things aren't looking too rosy for our heroes.

Especially Team "Oops. We lost Oscar."
    But I guess Ren's rant was a long time coming.
    Don't think he was too happy about the crews decisions over the last few events.
    I just hope this doesn't get worse.
    But if Nora doesn't get better that might be another wedge.

Jaune and Yang were pretty amusing though.
    Way to be unhelpful.

Also, shame about those bikes.
    Actually thought they would survive to the Chapter's end.

Poor Whitley though. Having to deal with the wreckage of that little family feud can't be easy, even without blades in your face.

And Qrow... Ouch.
    That is depressing. He finally finds someone his Semblance won't hurt and... Ouch.

Finally, Team Salem.
    Salem likes to play Palpatine it looks like.
    The Hound acts like a good little puppy around her with is hilarious.
    And Cinder and Ems are about to do a stupid while Neo does her Mary Poppins thing.
    Still not convinced she's here to help Cinder.

Really like the double meaning in the title.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

V8E5 is also good

24. - Top - End - #144

Spoiler: V01C05
    Show
    Get away from her

25. - Top - End - #145

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Spoiler: V01C05
    Show
    Get away from her

Spoiler: V01C05 Alien's reference
    Show
    I got a chuckle out of that. Mostly because I'd already said it to myself in my head before it happened on screen. Too bad she was stopped before she could finish the last word.

Neo really wasn't up to her usual standard in that fight and using the hovercar against the exosuit powerloader looked pretty goofy.

Actually I was wondering why the power loader was left onboard Amity. Probably get it into the upper atmosphere easier if you tossed it overboard but maybe it was still useful for moving fuel around or something.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

New episode

Note the words below are about the paywalled episode 6. Yet also the free episode 5 dropped today.

Spoiler: V8 E6
    Show

Only 7 mins in so far, but I had to stop 🛑 for I was feeling sympathy for Cinder and that was a big OH NO

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: V01C05 Alien's reference
    Show
    I got a chuckle out of that. Mostly because I'd already said it to myself in my head before it happened on screen. Too bad she was stopped before she could finish the last word.

Neo really wasn't up to her usual standard in that fight and using the hovercar against the exosuit powerloader looked pretty goofy.

Actually I was wondering why the power loader was left onboard Amity. Probably get it into the upper atmosphere easier if you tossed it overboard but maybe it was still useful for moving fuel around or something.
    Spoiler: V8CH5
    Show
    Yes, the power loader probably weighs a couple thousand pounds, but when you're discussing a building that probably weighs a couple million pounds, it just doesn't make enough of an impact. It's like how technically your car has worse fuel efficiency when you're driving home from the grocery store.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

28. - Top - End - #148

I've been thinking for a while now that Volume 1 really had the best songs of the series, and nothing has come close.

Well, until now. Volume 8, Chapter 6 has a song that vocally reminds me so much of the original Red Like Roses.

Spoiler: V08C06 Lyrics
    Show
    Clean the linens, sweep the floors
    Shut your mouth and do your chores
    Scrub the dishes in the sink
    No one said that you should think
    Shine the silver, wash the clothes
    And when you're finished, darn the socks, draw my bath
    Fetch my slippers, fill my glass
    And rub my feet; Hurry up, you're so slow
    You're no good I hope you know
    That your life is of no use
    And the truth is that
    No one's ever loved you

29. - Top - End - #149
    Bugbear in the Playground

After a couple of lackluster seasons, I'm really enjoying this one. Everything seems a little more polished than usual, from the animation to the voice acting (Ruby's especially). I enjoy how they're usually remembering to let the characters use their powers and gadgets, now.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Colossus in the Playground

Congratulations RWBY, you did your best and that's what counts. You get exactly one(1) credit.

*blows a tiny horn in mild celebration*
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-12-19 at 12:54 PM.