New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Post rwbyOS X: Even the Thread Gets a Costume Change!

Spoiler: Sign of things to come?
    Show

Hello and welcome to the 10th iteration of the RWBY threads!

RWBY is an western made, anime style, 3d computer animation, freely available, web series, with variable length episodes, originally created by Monty Oum for Rooster Teeth. Unfortunately, Monty Oum has passed away, but his creation lives on. Born in America, Monty Oum was of Cambodian, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Japanese descent.

RWBY is pronounced "ruby" and is an acronym for the four main team members: Red, White, Black, Yellow - aka Ruby, Weiss, Blake, Yang. All of the main characters have some folklore, fairy tale, or historical reference, but are very much their own characters and are not based on that reference. In addition, every character (with the only known exceptions being Ozpin and one other character) and team name is based on a colour. While some are obvious, others need to be traced back a fair way to find something that is associated with a colour.

Watch:
    First Episode: Rooster Teeth YouTube
    Latest Episode: Rooster Teeth
    Playlist: Rooster Teeth, YouTube

Trailers:
    Red: Rooster Teeth YouTube
    White: Rooster Teeth YouTube
    Black: Rooster Teeth YouTube
    Yellow: Rooster Teeth YouTube
    Volume 4 - Ruby Character Short: Rooster Teeth YouTube
    Volume 5 - Weiss Character Short: Rooster Teeth YouTube
    Volume 5 - Blake Character Short: Rooster Teeth YouTube
    Volume 5 - Yang Character Short: Rooster Teeth YouTube

Wikis:
    Wikia

RWBY Chibi: Spoiler Warning (watch Volume 3 first)
    Playlist: Rooster Teeth YouTube

Previous threads:
    0 - Rwby
    1 - RWBY (Ruby)
    2 - RWBY 2sday: Birdie, NO!!!
    3 - RWBY III: These kids just keep getting weirder.
    4 - RWBY IV: I Love These Guys
    5 - RWBY V: Inspired by Real Physics!
    6 - RWBY VI: This thread is also a gun tribute to Monty Oum
    7 - RWBY VII: Winter is coming here
    8 - RWBY VIII: Well, THAT escalated quickly
    9 - RWBY IX: Fractured Fairy Tales

New episodes are available to Rooster Teeth FIRST subscribers at 10:00am CST (4:00pm GMT) Saturday, then to the public at 10:00am CST (4:00pm GMT) Tuesday on the Rooster Teeth website (free membership required). A week after the initial release, episodes then become available on YouTube. no idea, Rooster Teeth don't tell you anything. The information is probably buried somewhere in some hard to find spot that isn't coming up in any searches. Will update later.

Rawhide's viewing recommendation:
    Watch Episode 1 first, followed by the four trailers in order, then all remaining episodes starting with Episode 2 in order. You can skip all remaining trailers (and most bonus footage, such as opening titles animation) except the character shorts listed below, as they are your more traditional trailers made from scenes from the show, while the first four trailers are new footage and include story elements not included in the series proper. However, do not skip the World of Remnant videos, as they include useful information regarding things such as how the technology in the series works. Warning: Don't watch the first volume of RWBY Chibi until after completion of Volume 3, as it contains spoilers.

Starting with Volume 4, RWBY introduced character shorts. Like the four initial trailers, these are canonical short stories that aren't repeated in the episodes.

Watch between Volume 3 and 4:
    Ruby: Rooster Teeth YouTube

Watch between Volume 4 and 5:
    Weiss: Rooster Teeth YouTube
    Blake: Rooster Teeth YouTube
    Yang: Rooster Teeth YouTube

Notes on terminology:
    Throughout these threads you will see people refer to things as a volume, season, chapter, and episode. There is currently no functional difference between a volume and a season, so these two terms are currently synonymous. In most of their material, Rooster Teeth refer to a season as a volume.

While it is largely synonymous, there is, however, an important distinction between chapter and episode that you should be aware of to prevent confusion. For Volume 1, 10 episodes (termed "chapters") were planned. However, in order to release one episode per week to the internet, Rooster Teeth opted to slice some of these chapters into two parts. This resulted in the 10 original chapters (released on the DVD and BluRay in their original 10 episode form) being split into 16 episodes on the web. This can make some things confusing when referring to the episode numbers between different mediums. Rooster Teeth have promised not to do this for future volumes.

Spoiler: Volume 1 Chapter/Episode Breakdown
    Show
    Chapter Title Episodes
    1 Ruby Rose 1
    2 The Shining Beacon 2 & 3
    3 The First Step 4 & 5
    4 The Emerald Forest 6 & 7
    5 Players and Pieces 8
    6 The Badge and The Burden 9 & 10
    7 Jaunedice 11 & 12
    8 Forever Fall 13 & 14
    9 The Stray 15
    10 Black & White 16

Due in part to the staggered release of the episodes (e.g. not making it to public for a full week), we have a much tighter ship regarding spoilers than you may be used to. Please be sure to read the full spoiler rules for RWBY below.

Spoiler: Official note on spoilers
    Show
    Official note on spoilers:
    • Discussion about a particular episode will be considered spoilers (and must be in a correctly labelled spoiler box) until a full week has passed since it was posted anywhere (e.g. paid subscription services such as RoosterTeeth FIRST) or 72 hours (3 days) after it is posted for everyone to view without charge on RoosterTeeth's own website, whichever is the latest.
    • (Note: This means it will never be less than one week and, based on the current release schedule, will usually be 10 days from paid subscription release.)
    • Anything released prior to that (RTX, leaks, etc.) will be considered spoilers until no earlier than the same timeframe after the official reveal in the episode it relates to.
    • All spoiler boxes must indicate clearly in the spoiler box's title (i.e. [spoiler=title]) what episode it is spoiling (even when replying), including the volume and episode number.
    • This period is a minimum amount only. You should consider using spoiler boxes for longer, particularly for larger spoilers.
    • It is recommended, but not mandatory, that you consider using spoiler boxes for older information to assist new fans still catching up. Again, please indicate the episode in the spoiler box's title.

The free to view videos are a week behind, and on top of new people walking into the thread from YouTube without knowing, we have people who cannot watch it from the official site. Keeping them labelled like this is important for those behind so that they know what is safe to open and what isn't. When replying to spoilers without a title, it becomes difficult to determine which episode it was referring to. e.g. "Was the original post about the current episode or a previous episode but the discussion is still ongoing?"

For the purposes of this thread, please never use a spoiler box without a title. If it's not a spoiler but, for example, you're just keeping things such as images, off topic discussion, or walls of text tidy, please mention that in the spoiler box title. When breaking up quotes, always remember to reinsert the spoiler box title.

Purchase:
    Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 of RWBY are available to purchase on BluRay/DVD, or several digital movie services such as iTunes, Google Movies, or Steam.

WARNING:
    My recommendation is that you don't touch the Steam versions with a 100 foot barge pole. All movies/shows available to buy or rent on Steam are for streaming only. You cannot download, save, store, backup, transfer, etc. any video purchases from Steam. This isn't Rooster Teeth's doing, it's Valve's.

I've also read reports that it doesn't include any bonus content. So, you are literally paying to stream what you can stream for free. If you'd like to support Rooster Teeth/RWBY, I suggest you buy the DVD(s) or BluRay(s) and/or become a Rooster Teeth FIRST member (which, amongst other things, grants you access to RWBY a week early). Don't support Valve's business model.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: rwbyOS X: Even the Thread Gets a Costume Change!

Tracking post.

How's the first ep of the season?
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #3

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Tracking post.
    Please don't do this. You can subscribe to the thread in the "Thread Tools" drop down menu.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tracking post.

The Hairy Modfather: Please don't post spoilers. Please don't even hint at spoilers.
    Last edited by Rawhide; 2019-11-03 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Scrubbing bubbles
    Sparxs Plays: My friend's Youtube gaming channel where you can watch us.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbj...9MQHA/featured

5. - Top - End - #5

I know someone who was able to watch it on their site without being a FIRST member, so check it out just in case. You might be able to!

At any rate, I feel like a couple people will enjoy The Thing That Happens.

6. - Top - End - #6

So my curiosity go the better of me and I looked it up on the TVtropes recap page
    Spoiler: Vol 7 Episode 1
    Show
    Yeah.

Penny's core was salvaged and she was rebuilt.

They explicitly point out that no matter how badly she gets damaged she can be brought back as long as her core is intact.

Or, in other words, the sapient robot explicitly and demonstrably has a soul who was built as part of a program to cut down on human casualties isn't just creating sapient life to throw it away.

Which means y'all needs to pick up some phones becuase I called it.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2019-11-03 at 10:25 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I know someone who was able to watch it on their site without being a FIRST member, so check it out just in case. You might be able to!
    You can also watch it on VRV if you have a VRV premium membership (which includes Crunchyroll, HIDIVE, etc).

At any rate, I feel like a couple people will enjoy The Thing That Happens.
    The Thing That Happens.
    This is an acceptable way to hint at a thing that happens.

8. - Top - End - #8

So my curiosity go the better of me and I looked it up on the TVtropes recap page
    The Hairy Modfather: Please read the "Official note on spoilers" in the original post and correct your spoiler tag, thanks.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Tracking post.

Is the new volume out?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Is the new volume out?
    yep fresh from Hi-rez patch notes as bonus content as one of the creators was on the pach show and hi-rez tina blurp that the news as volume was out this week end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

11. - Top - End - #11

Is the new volume out?
    The first chapter is available for paid up Rooster Teeth FIRST and/or VRV Premium subscribers. Dunno when it's available to the public.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes the Vol 7 Trailer was posted on the 2nd to last page but no one talked about less than a dozen of responses before conversation shifted to the new thread title and then we have a new thread.

So here it is.

Notes who they went with voice actor for Qrow. Jason Liebrecht another character from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Karley a Briggs solider who did coordination with the radio when the Briggs people did stuff. He is more famous for being Dabi from My Hero Academia, Zeke from Attack on Titan and several dozen other anime dubs.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0509523/

-----

I do like Weiss choosing color with her new outfit, but I do not like the main 4 girls new outfits.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-11-03 at 06:34 PM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Saw the first episode. It was meh. After the episode there is the new song / opening number "Trust Love" and it is even more meh.

What I want to talk about is the hideous thing they did to Jaune's hair [which hasn't happened yet in the Vol 7 Episode 1, but does happen in the new musical number.]

Edit: These spoiler images are about Jaune but other characters are in some of these spoiler images as well. Thus there will be spoilers for Vol 7 Episode 1 of RWBY but also character events that will happen later in Volume 7 that have not happened yet. It is promotional material but I think some of the non Jaune-SPECIFIC promotional material will spoil an event that will happen in Vol 7 in Episode 1.

Spoiler: Links to some images, from Vol 7, see Edit
    Show

God Jaune's hair just does not work...like at all! We must point it out, and mock it, for this is what my experience as a former Elementary school child has taught me.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-11-04 at 09:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Saw the first episode. It was meh. After the episode there is the new song / opening number "Trust Love" and it is even more meh.

What I want to talk about is the hideous thing they did to Jaune's hair [which hasn't happened yet in the Vol 7 Episode 1, but does happen in the new musical number.]

Spoiler: Links to some images
    Show

God Jaune's hair just does not work...like at all! We must point it out, and mock it, for this is what my experience as a former Elementary school child has taught me.
    Ouch. that is like, one of the exact hairstyles I'd give to a character I'd want everyone to hate. like, its the kind of hairstyle I would give to someone who is full of themselves and just an obnoxious total jerk to everyone. like that hair that someone as horrible and with poor taste as say, Zapp Brannigan would pick and think is cool. thats what this hair makes me think of: Zapp Brannigan.

Zapp!Jaune: it turns out the Grimm have a kill limit, my beautiful Weiss. My plan? Is to simply send expendable hunters after them endlessly until they reached the kill limit, then finally we will strike and wipe them out, winning this war for good. The only thing that can stop us is if some Grimm turn Neutral, a most mysterious conundrum, what makes a Grimm turn Neutral?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

15. - Top - End - #15

Ramza I would recommend editing those spoiler tags since they do have some actual spoilers in them.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

What I want to talk about is the hideous thing they did to Jaune's hair
    The trailer/opener implies a distinct trend towards shorter hair overall for a number of characters, and none of the new characters have long hair at all. Given that, I wonder if there was a practical reason behind the choice. Possibly it was done in an attempt to remove the animation burden of long flowing locks. Binding up Weiss' flowing ponytail into a stiffened posture also suggests this, as does the general lack of mobile, swirly pieces on the new costumes.

None of the new character updates wow me very much. I do wish they could have avoided revealing them in the opener though, since it comes off as even more blatantly commercial that way. I mean, I absolutely understand that character re-designs are an important means of selling additional merch to superfans and that's okay, but the new OP just comes off as a advertisement at the moment. The lackluster song doesn't help, but it's hard to continually have good songs while laboring under the burden of having them lyrically relate to the show in an explicable way (most long running anime series give up on that long before this).
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

17. - Top - End - #17

Ramza I would recommend editing those spoiler tags since they do have some actual spoilers in them.
    While those images have been released separately to promote material from the new volume of RWBY, you are absolutely right that it would be good to rename the spoiler tag, as they include changes not present anywhere in the episode itself, only the "intro" (which takes place at the end of the first episode, specifically to not spoil the first episode).

18. - Top - End - #18

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: New outfits
    Show
    That new outfit Nora's sporting looks like it came out of Kingdom Hearts. I'm not saying that as a bad thing I think it's kinda cute.

I have no strong feelings about Juane's new hair. It's shorter which doesn't bother me. He's obviously using allot of gel to get those spikes which I'm not super into, it's the kind of thing kids used to do when I was younger. Of course I don't have great opinions of the people who have his old doofy longer hair either so...whatever.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

I read "musical number" and got excited that there was a scene where the characters sing and dance around. I guess that isn't what you meant though. But hey, my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

I'm pretty indifferent to Jaune's new 'do. Though the more I look at it... I sort of want to tousle it. I wonder if Jaune has the kind of hair that just sort of returns to its normal shape.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

what do they do to jauns hair? is this a question or declaration of idiocity dude is traveling god knows how long to reach the relic and had his first time in city so he enjoys bit of luxury and grabs a haircut or ironwood may order army barber to get that hair in shape as he needs to give a message to people for atlas military.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

I RISE FROM MY SLUMBER!

Spoiler: Vol. 7 Ch. 1 The Greatest Kingdom
    Show
    So straight up, this is the first volume that doesn't really have a significant jump in animation quality from the previous volumes. This is not a bad thing to be honest, Vol 6 had good animation so I'd rather they just refine what they have and stream-line it rather than trying to upgrade again. Not a bad thing, just something that I have to note right off the bat.

We literally pick up exactly where the last volume left off, complete with being on the plane as they're welcomed to Atlas, flying in to try and meet Ironwood. We get some shots of Atlas and Mantle as they discuss the heavily militarized presence the Kingdom is presenting to anyone coming in. Right away they get into a discussion about actually doing as directed and hoping if they tell the soldiers they need to speak to Ironwood that they'll be allowed to (most don't think they will) or trying to get the lay of the land. Weiss wants to get in touch with Winter but an announcement by Ironwood that's meant to reassure the people plays.

And Ironwood actually looks disheveled, he's got the full beard going on but doesn't wear it well, lines around the eyes, he is (as Ruby points out) tired looking. Dude seems exhausted. Winter is also shown to be in good standing which..everyone treats as a surprise but why would that be? Winter was Ironwood's right hand woman after all. Anyway, after seeing the state of Mantle and Ironwood's address, Qrow points out that he doesn't even know if they should bring the lamp to Ironwood considering that Leo had been in Salem's back pocket for quite a long time and Ironwood seems quite unstable. Maria says they can lay low in Mantle, talk to an old friend of hers, and see where they want to go from there.

Now...here's some big points I give to RT on this. Remember how we keep hearing that the Faunus are discriminated against but we barely see any sort of discrimination? Or how Menagerie is over-populated and not great but looks like a tropical paradise with nothing wrong? Remember how I had some serious problems with that considering how important the whole White Fang storyline was?

Not the case here! Mantle hasn't even been talked about a lot in the series but we still know that its essentially the slums of Atlas after it was no longer the capital of the Kingdom, we also find out why Atlas is hovering in the air like that. Apparently after losing the great war, Atlas' morale was just in the dumps. Considering this is Remnant, that's not just fertile ground for discontent and unrest, its actively dangerous so they did something drastic. They flew up what would become Atlas into the air as both a symbol of what Atlas was capable of and that they could live up in the sky if they wanted to. Which sort of makes sense for a big, grand uplifting gesture but the exact predictable thing happened and it promoted class-ism. The rich and elite live up in Atlas, the poor down in Mantle with in their shadow.

And Mantle shows that. The buildings are crowded, its lit by an almost hellish glow from the mining, everything looks dirty and dingy. We see patrols of the Atlas Knights patrolling the streets while citizens just keep an eye on them, graffiti, kids trying to beat up expensive military equipment. I know there is a long history we're told about for Faunus troubles, but we see very little of it. Mantle? We see it! I almost immediately worry more about the citizens of Mantle than I've ever felt for Faunus but, more importantly to me, Mantle itself feels like it has character. Not as much as like, say, Rapture from Bioshock, but the same vibe. So major probs on that! We also see ads for an election, I'm guessing for the Atlas council featuring a lady that I'm just positive will end up being an important factor in the volume being foreshadowed now. (She's in the new intro for crikey's sake)

We also get the point driven home that Team RWBY and co. is neither subtle nor secretive. Yang gets her picture taken by a little picture robot, which gets it punted by a startled Yang into the street to be run over. They pass a pair of drunks having #drunktalks about the state of Atlas, revealing it has understandably gone into a recession with the Dust embargo but there's vague hopes that'll change but also gives the impression that the layperson of Atlas is generally behind Ironwood but also blaming the other Kingdoms for Atlas' current plight. So Atlas isn't like Haven and Minstrel, this Kingdom already doesn't feel safe, combined with what we've been hearing about Atlas since Volume 3. It all lines up.

We also get one of the drunks accosting the group with a minor confrontation with Blake, where she's asked to let his comments go in order to keep a low profile..but once he spits off to the side and calls her a dirty Faunus, Weiss catapults him into a dumpster saying it was worth it.

So they make it to Maria's friend who turns out to be the doctor that fixes her eyes. Seems to have some memory problems but he also seems to recognize Yang's arm on sight as well as be highly regarded in Atlas. As in he typically works up in Atlas but comes down to run a clinic in Mantle to help out more folks. His wheel chair also doesn't have wheels but four legs that carry him about. Which is cool! He also lays down some more foreshadowing/exposition. Such as the fact that Ironwood has gotten increasingly paranoid, not primarily because of the attack on Beacon though that certainly didn't help matters...he's paranoid because someone didn't just hack the code for their bots but seemed to do it with casual ease. Which means someone who's either a genius, someone who knows the code/system and thus works for Atlas, or both which is what the doctor thinks. We know that its most likely Watts that made the virus and he certainly has the 'insufferable genius' vibe going on but the possibility he works for Atlas is new information.

Weiss brings up that they need to figure out what they're doing and how she doesn't know if she can trust Winter which is..weird, cause nothing has changed in regard to Winter, but brings up the fact the doc has a Schnee in his clinic. Which allows him to correctly identify Team RWBY and he apologizes for the fact that he didn't recognize them sooner with all his daughter has told him about them. Before they can question though, an alarm goes off from a Grim attack which Team RWBY and co. respond to!

So they rush out, wonder what the Kindom defenses are doing as people clear off the street, and take out some sabertooth grim with relative ease, except for Blake who's reduced to supporting Yang since her weapon broke in the scuffle with Adam last volume. The animation is pretty smooth but it doesn't really step up the game, like I said before. Right at the end, when one of the Grim Smilodons is about to ambush one of the people, a green laser comes sweeping in and..

Yeah, Penny is back!

Penny's got a new look, she dices up Grim with lasers, and generally looks like a fusion between a super-hero and a magical girl, all noble and things until she sees Team RWBY and co. Then the old Penny comes out and she tackles Ruby. They also don't really seem to be hiding the fact that Penny's a robot anymore either, though I guess that cat was out of the bag to begin with. Doc explains that Penny is his daughter and her core was salvaged from the Fall of Beacon before RWBY and co. are abruptly ambushed and restrained. Some Atlas special ops soldiers (specifically the Ace Ops apparently) confiscate all of their weapons and rightly point out that our heroes illegally entered the kingdom in a stolen aircraft (they did), disrupted Atlas tech (Yang), and engaged in uncertified Huntsmen activities (they all did) so...they're being arrested. They also confiscate the lamp as well but don't seem to recognize it either. Chapter ends with them all being loaded into the back of a wagon to go off to jail, told they'd get the chance to argue their case later.

Then the new intro plays and its definitely the most ANIME opening of the volume intros, which is pretty cool.

Spoiler: Final Thoughts on Vol 7 Ch. 1
    Show
    It kind of carries on the trend from the last volume finale, it definitely wasn't bad but it felt surprisingly subdued, the difference being that works for the first episode of a volume but not the last. I also miss the fact we didn't get any big action or info about what the villain's plans this volume are going to entail but I also dont' think its necessary either. Atlas has been set up for a long time, its a hotbed of activity and plot, we shouldn't need to be told/reminded that Atlas is happening. Mantle is a breath of fresh air, I really feel like RT is getting the hang of 'showing' and not 'telling'..you could say they should have learned it a while back but better late than never!

So Penny is back, which everyone expected and I don't even mind that..but I am disappointed in the route they go. For one because it feels implausible that Penny's core was undamaged after that big arse Nevermore landed on her and however much time passed between her 'death' and them finding her remains. For two, since Beacon STILL hasn't been rebuilt or reclaimed from the Grim, it also feels implausible that they managed to recover the core in the first place considering Vale certainly wouldn't have given it to them and Atlas withdrew into itself, so it doesn't seem likely they sent anyone to even try and reclaim Penny.

At the very least, I would expect Penny to...not be exactly the same in personality. Now granted, this could be revealed to not be the case over the course of the Volume, but I feel like its not going to be. I get the feeling Penny is going be good as new and I'm not cool with that. Its a cheap, fan-pandering moment when they could have some very cool story and emotional beats in the story itself and for Ruby specifically. Maybe they still can, I just have my doubts that's what the plan is.

Largely speaking though, enjoyed the Chapter and I'm very much looking forward to the volume! Not least of which is because not since the Fall of Beacon has the story taken place in a location that has a good, varied supporting cast. We've pretty much JUST been with our heroes and villains over the past three volumes, with the addition of a character here or there but there are a lot of characters and explosive elements in Atlas. We have Weiss in Days of Our Schnee with Jacque and Whitley. We have Ironwood, Winter, and the whole Atlas government. We've got Penny and her father back, likely related to Dr. Watts and Atlas rushing technological development without regard for any potential consequences. We have the Ace-Ops as new enemies(rivals?) who Watts seems to have some interest in. We've got the class divide between Atlas and Mantle. We've got the Council elections for Atlas coming up and what seems like a new character being introduced in regards to that.

Honestly Atlas feels way more developed than Vale did and we only just got there. Oh, and we got a glimpse of the relic in Atlas, what seems to be the spear.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2019-11-06 at 02:26 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

22. - Top - End - #22

Please remember that every spoiler box must include the full title of what someone must have watched.

Labelling a spoiler box "Final Thoughts", regardless of what else is in your post, is not enough.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    I read "musical number" and got excited that there was a scene where the characters sing and dance around. I guess that isn't what you meant though. But hey, my coffee hasn't kicked in yet.
    🎶 Baby, it's time to make up your mind
    I think that tonight is when our stars align
    Honey, it's time to leave the doubt behind
    Take my hand 'cause you and I are gonna shine 🎶

Doing another musical number would be a nice callback in-universe, fun for the fans, and a great way to honor Monty Oum for from what I hear he really enjoyed dancing.

I'm pretty indifferent to Jaune's new 'do. Though the more I look at it... I sort of want to tousle it. I wonder if Jaune has the kind of hair that just sort of returns to its normal shape.
    That hair has to be gelled, there is no other way it makes sense. I just do not understand why gel / spike it to the angle Jaune choose. It makes no sense, if you are going to gel your hair there are so many better ways he could have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    what do they do to jauns hair? is this a question or declaration of idiocity dude is traveling god knows how long to reach the relic and had his first time in city so he enjoys bit of luxury and grabs a haircut or ironwood may order army barber to get that hair in shape as he needs to give a message to people for atlas military.
    I am fine with him getting a haircut. In fact I want him to get a haircut, desperately. But my point is the specific hair choice he did was all wrong. It is not even about gel /spikes vs no gel / spikes, it is specifically how the gels / spikes come off. It is just not as it should be...like at all.

My reaction is a mixture of Ruby in Vol 4 Episode 1 opening where Ruby is laughing at Jaune's hoody, and any Blake scene where she has a scowl and some side eye.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Please remember that every spoiler box must include the full title of what someone must have watched.

Labelling a spoiler box "Final Thoughts", regardless of what else is in your post, is not enough.
    My bad, I'll go back and fix it.

I do want it on the official record that if someone opened my 'Final Thoughts' spoiler after seeing an entire post clearly labeled for Volume 7 spoilers and got upset for being spoiled, they are a very silly person. I will make sure that its there though in the future.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2019-11-06 at 03:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

My bad, I'll go back and fix it.

I do want it on the official record that if someone opened my 'Final Thoughts' spoiler after seeing an entire post clearly labeled for Volume 7 spoilers and got upset for being spoiled, they are a very silly person. I will make sure that its there though in the future.
    Thank you!

It's less about people reading your post where's placed, and more about someone reading it several pages later where someone has quoted part of your post.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: episode one
    Show
    Penny's back!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!
    Nuts and Dolts isn't dead yet!

Honestly, at this point, I'd unironically enjoy if they built this up into a Ruby harem for laughs. I mean, they're already almost there. They've got Wiess the tsundere, Penny the deredere, Oscar the dandere, and Cinder the yandere.
    Last edited by Celestia; 2019-11-09 at 03:49 PM.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Vol 7 Episode 2
    Show

Lets of "image" callbacks to earlier volumes, especially the episode Vol 3 Episode 3. It may make some people feel nostalgic, but all I feel is "this is old" for it took literally 4 volumes, literally 4 years to move the story forward and we really got only 2 volumes of story in between that. RWBY the story is moving so slow.

Then again the art has massively improved in those 4 years. So while I am mostly complaining I can at least identify 1 thing that has improved.

And look at what great content RoosterTeeth is publishing on their youtube channel. Notice the real opening in the right corner while RT is "broadcasting" this live action as the main video content.

This is Mercury's idea wasn't it? They want us to suffer?

28. - Top - End - #28

AssassinGuy

Wow the CG has really improved but I'm not so sure about this art direction, and choreography.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Just watched the first episode.
    Spoiler: First Episode Thoughts
    Show
    Must say, I was legit surprised they brought back Penny. I was sure the writers had forgotten about her.
    Last edited by Silverraptor; 2019-11-10 at 01:02 PM.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

30. - Top - End - #30

And look at what great content RoosterTeeth is publishing on their youtube channel. Notice the real opening in the right corner while RT is "broadcasting" this live action as the main video content.

This is Mercury's idea wasn't it? They want us to suffer?
    Oh that is brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Spoiler: episode one
    Show
    Please remember to include the volume number in the spoiler title.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    :grumpyface:

(please fix that)