New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: rwbyOS X: Even the Thread Gets a Costume Change!

Spoiler: CH7 : EP1
    Show
    "Days since last nonsense : 0"
    *Chuckles*
    Yeah, that seems right.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: someone has a plan S7, E2
    Show
    well ironwood has plan and I love the winter gibing order to release them in most tsundere way when she sees her sister. and damn it ironwood has both plan and standards as his first order to team was fix their gears with help of R&D department. and we might have interesting news on next week like yang getting flaming mane somehow( okay she is applying dust to herself but point stands)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler: Volume 7, Episode 1 - Quick thoughts
    Show

* The recovery of Penny: Pietro says that her core was left on board the arena, which flew back to Atlas. As such, it does track that he'd be able to recover her remains easily.

* Winter: Weiss worships her sister not just for being a badass but for being able to put her foot down when something is clearly wrong (such as when dear ol' dad growing increasingly ruthless). She really thought that if Ironwood went bad, Winter would already be running a rebellion. The fact that she's boldly parroting the company line is a shock to her (because of her idealized image of her sister), even if it's not really a shock to us (because Winter has regularly displayed as reliably militaristic to us).

* The Elites: I have to say, I was impressed by how reasonable and professional the elites were at the end. Yeah, everything they accused the party of was true, and didn't require unreasonable awareness for them to know. It's a new touch of restraint within RWBY to have antagonists that don't (at least at first) appear to be evil evil bad guys. Makes it easier to believe they'll be able to get along and be friends later (which we all know is leading bet, yeah?).

I really wasn't expecting to enjoy this episode, but I found myself extremely pleasantly surprised by the weight and restraint they displayed. The action wasn't as frenetic as it has recently been, but more structured and controlled. The humor is still there, but is now grounded and character-based rather than focused cheap gags and silliness. We aren't told nature of Mantle so much as shown it through careful and thought-out setting design and the brusque defiance and casual racism of the two drunkards. If this episode is any indication of how the volume is going to flow, I have good hopes for it.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Calemyr I agree with the improvements of storytelling, but all turns to silver glass and ash in the end, so let's have a guess / bet how long this lasts
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Spoiler: Volume 7, Episode 1 - Quick thoughts
    Show

* The recovery of Penny: Pietro says that her core was left on board the arena, which flew back to Atlas. As such, it does track that he'd be able to recover her remains easily.

* Winter: Weiss worships her sister not just for being a badass but for being able to put her foot down when something is clearly wrong (such as when dear ol' dad growing increasingly ruthless). She really thought that if Ironwood went bad, Winter would already be running a rebellion. The fact that she's boldly parroting the company line is a shock to her (because of her idealized image of her sister), even if it's not really a shock to us (because Winter has regularly displayed as reliably militaristic to us).
    Spoiler: Volume 7, Chapter 1 Discussion
    Show

* I mean, we didn't need to know that the core was left on board the arena, that's the last place we saw it. More importantly, when did they mention the arena flew back to Atlas? Last I remember, it was hovering above Grim Central in Vale and recovering the arena would not have been easy. As is the idea the core would be undamaged with how long it could have taken to get the arena back to Atlas (if that's what happened to it). Those are the factors that make it a bit of a stretch for me, as well as disappointment they aren't taking it in a more interesting direction.

*I mean..Weiss is wrong then, flat out. I also never saw anything that would say that Winter was that type but plenty of evidence that she was exactly what she is, a loyal soldier. Weiss knows that too, she's overheard conversations and had talks with her father that Winter wanted to join the army, Jacques refused, Winter joined anyway, Jacques demanded Ironwood send her back, and Ironwood refused. Even then, Weiss acts like its a surprise that Winter is supporting Ironwood at all when there has been nothing to suggest to her that Winter would be doing anything else. Hell, the whole reason Weiss went to Mistral was to meet up with Winter while she was on assignment for Ironwood. Of course the fact that Winter supporting Ironwood might tarnish that idealized image is problematic in its own right to me, because Ironwood so far is not doing anything worthy of a rebellion. He is paranoid and I'm sure very close to that point, but the man is a soldier doing what he knows best to protect his kingdom. Presumably the rest of the council should be picking up Ironwood's slack when it comes to domestic policy, cause we've seen Ironwood both show very little interest in it and not be good at it. Now...as for why they aren't, I hope the rest of the volume touches on that.

*I don't think they're going to build the Ace Corps up as straight villains, I have a feeling they're going to be more of a rival group being manipulated by Watts/Salem then they are straight up antagonists which..yeah, that'll be refreshing!
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Calemyr I agree with the improvements of storytelling, but all turns to silver glass and ash in the end, so let's have a guess / bet how long this lasts
    Spoiler: Volume 7, Epsiode 2
    Show
    Okay, so the opener wasn't a great indicator of the second episode. In fairness, there's only a few places where it gets goofy (The rebel's exposition, the Aces' proper introduction, and of course Penny's tour), but that's a much bigger share of the episode than I would have wanted. Overall, it's still good.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Spoiler: Volume 7, Epsiode 2
    Show
    Okay, so the opener wasn't a great indicator of the second episode. In fairness, there's only a few places where it gets goofy (The rebel's exposition, the Aces' proper introduction, and of course Penny's tour), but that's a much bigger share of the episode than I would have wanted. Overall, it's still good.
    No no no, you misread what I meant...though in hindsight the way I phrased the sentence earlier has multiple meanings that you could read it as...you are not a mind reader and I could have been more clear. Oops that was my mistake.

I was trying to say RT is going to screw this up somehow. All things die / change (silver glass / turn ash metaphors) and I wasn't saying this specific episode (Episode 2, Vol 7) ends poorly, but instead questioning how long can RT keep this going before they become RT once again?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

No no no, you misread what I meant...though in hindsight the way I phrased the sentence earlier has multiple meanings that you could read it as...you are not a mind reader and I could have been more clear. Oops that was my mistake.

I was trying to say RT is going to screw this up somehow. All things die / change (silver glass / turn ash metaphors) and I wasn't saying this specific episode (Episode 2, Vol 7) ends poorly, but instead questioning how long can RT keep this going before they become RT once again?
    Spoiler: Volume 7 Episode 2
    Show

I predict that things will fall apart when it comes to the implementation of Watts' plan. It will probably be something ridiculous and involving a whole bunch of plotholes, since even his rather brief appearance in this episode shows an extremely cavalier attitude to the security protocols of Atlas/Mantle. Notably, if you just randomly shut down a couple dozen security cameras and drone eyes, someone is going to notice that such a thing happened, and they'll be on the lookout for it next time, and if it keeps happening they'll eventually take action.

RWBY has never been good at handling institutional actions as opposed to personal actions (and to be fair their story isn't about institutions for the most part). I expect we'll get another scenario like how all of Mystral's huntsmen/huntresses of any competence got killed off in a rather short period of time and no one locally appeared to notice or do anything about it, and sure Lionheart was turning a blind eye, but he didn't run the academy by himself.

The obvious failure point in Ironwood's big plan is the Atlas army, and its almost certainly going to be the Atlas army, possibly with the addition of an Ace Op traitor. That's par for the shounen course, as it goes, since institutions must fail so that the heroes can triumph, but it's a tricky thing to handle without making an entire population look stupid - which is what happened in the big climax of the last volume - so I imagine it will happen again.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

New episode 3 is out [and thus to my understanding everyone can see episode 2 for free now.] I paused the episode midway to say RT has vastly improved their craft with storytelling so far 8 minutes in. Lots of decisions of "how" to tell the story that make sense instead of being amateurish like it was before in previous seasons. Now time to retrieve the food from the oven and see if RT somehow disappointed me in some way at the end of the episode.

Edit: Speculating on Weapons, Semblances, and Stories for new characters.

Spoiler: RWBY Vol 7 Episode 3
    Show

So what Aesop fables all 5 are these from? The Lucky Fisherman for Clover? How about the others? [Googles before posting…has the answer so posting below]

Clover:
    Semblance: Good Luck,
    Weapon: Fishing Pole
    Story: Fisherman’s Good Luck
    Vine:
    Semblance: Can extend arm and grasp others
    Weapon?
    Story: The Elm and The Vine.
    Elm:
    Semblance: Rooting Self in Place [Unmovable?]
    Weapon: Rocket Hammer
    Hare:
    Semblance: Speed, Lightning appearing leftovers
    Weapon: Exoskeleton
    Story: The Tortoise and the Hare.
    Marrow:
    Semblance: 'stay' / timestop
    Weapon: boomerang rifle
    Story: The Dog and Its Reflection
    Also what type of Faunus is Marrow? Dog, Fox, something else? [Googles] Appears to be dog? Does Marrow play fetch with himself with his boomerang blade?

Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-11-16 at 09:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

New episode 3 is out [and thus to my understanding everyone can see episode 2 for free now.] I paused the episode midway to say RT has vastly improved their craft with storytelling so far 8 minutes in. Lots of decisions of "how" to tell the story that make sense instead of being amateurish like it was before in previous seasons. Now time to retrieve the food from the oven and see if RT somehow disappointed me in some way at the end of the episode.

Edit: Speculating on Weapons, Semblances, and Stories for new characters.

Spoiler: RWBY Vol 7 Episode 3
    Show

So what Aesop fables all 5 are these from? The Lucky Fisherman for Clover? How about the others? [Googles before posting…has the answer so posting below]

Clover:
    Semblance: Good Luck,
    Weapon: Fishing Pole
    Story: Fisherman’s Good Luck
    Vine:
    Semblance: Can extend arm and grasp others
    Weapon?
    Elm:
    Semblance: Rooting Self in Place [Unmovable?]
    Weapon: Rocket Hammer
    Hare:
    Semblance: Speed, Lightning appearing leftovers
    Weapon: Exoskeleton
    Story: The Tortoise and the Hare.
    Marrow:
    Semblance: 'stay' / timestop
    Weapon: boomerang rifle
    Story: The Dog and Its Reflection
    Also what type of Faunus is Marrow? Dog, Fox, something else? [Googles] Appears to be dog? Does Marrow play fetch with himself with his boomerang blade?

Spoiler: season 7 episode 3
    Show
    okay hare gonna that personal trainer to ruby making sure her smite design gonna be some way cannon plus i kinda like teams new gear. yang having sticky bombs allow her to prepare final surprise on her fights and crescent rose can turn blade 180 kinda helps ruby for better positioning. i think rooster teeth kinda lost the opportunity to give blake better weapon but hey at least makes her gear kinda complete again.
    and speaking of here she is kinda perfect teacher to yang and ruby as she uses speed and fists which means sisters can get some serious power up in this volume( better understanding on ruby and nice drawback focused opponent for yang). and good touch on weiss recognizing her dads work she is kinda growing into nice reliable variant on winter which kinda makes schnee families main problem being her dad more understandable. know if we kinda get her brothers mind on view we might pin point the end of snow white arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Spoiler: First Episode Thoughts
    Show
    Thank you, though you still need one more addition. You need to include both the volume and episode, please!

---

Spoiler: Still with us (Not a spoiler if you have seen all of volumes 1-4)
    Show

---

Crunchyroll is now uploading RWBY for everyone to watch, however they appear to be on the free/public tier, getting it a week behind paying customers of Rooster Teeth First and VRV (Note: VRV includes Crunchyroll for a couple of dollars more than Crunchyroll by itself).

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
    Spoiler: Volume 7 Episode 3
    Show

I predict that things will fall apart when it comes to the implementation of Watts' plan. It will probably be something ridiculous and involving a whole bunch of plotholes, since even his rather brief appearance in this episode shows an extremely cavalier attitude to the security protocols of Atlas/Mantle. Notably, if you just randomly shut down a couple dozen security cameras and drone eyes, someone is going to notice that such a thing happened, and they'll be on the lookout for it next time, and if it keeps happening they'll eventually take action.

RWBY has never been good at handling institutional actions as opposed to personal actions (and to be fair their story isn't about institutions for the most part). I expect we'll get another scenario like how all of Mystral's huntsmen/huntresses of any competence got killed off in a rather short period of time and no one locally appeared to notice or do anything about it, and sure Lionheart was turning a blind eye, but he didn't run the academy by himself.

The obvious failure point in Ironwood's big plan is the Atlas army, and its almost certainly going to be the Atlas army, possibly with the addition of an Ace Op traitor. That's par for the shounen course, as it goes, since institutions must fail so that the heroes can triumph, but it's a tricky thing to handle without making an entire population look stupid - which is what happened in the big climax of the last volume - so I imagine it will happen again.
    Spoiler: V7 Ch3
    Show
    I'm not sure how cavalier it really is. Watts points out that the whole reason they're in Mantle is because they haven't updated any of the software since he wrote it for them, likely because Mantle is a slum and no one cares enough to do it that has the capacity to do it. Meanwhile Watts has clearly kept his skills up to snuff because he is very obviously the source of the Black Queen virus from back in the first 3 volumes which completely over-ruled Atlas' state of the art tech. More importantly, aside from the cameras which could have their footage/times altered to account for his actions, all the rest of what happened can be ascribed to mechanical failure.

In other words, they point out Watts likely couldn't pull this kind of stunt in Atlas itself but because Mantle is..well..Mantle, he can do what he wants and cover his tracks sufficiently to not worry about anyone catching on to him. More importantly, they've been relatively restrained with how they've presented Watts crackign skills considering how schizo RWBY's technology is. Even just the detail that he couldn't just hack into Ironwood's scroll and such was a surprisingly simple detail. It took Ironwood's scroll accidentally being infected by coming into contact with a compromised computer for them to find out about Penny and breaking into one of the Atlas airships in order to assume direct control of the knights. Which is not a detail I've seen a LOT of other shows care about.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2019-11-17 at 02:12 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Tech Speculation at the End of the Volume and thus no real spoilers but lets label this RWBY Vol 7 Episode 2 Spoilers anyway.

Spoiler: Vol 7 Episode 2 Spoilers
    Show

Fear brings the grimn. But what causes the most fear? Realizing your fellow human may not have your back in your darkest hour, and thus there is no real security, thus in term no one is coming to save us when the soul-less monsters come to kill us all.

Thus while WATTS can hack the robots to kill everyone again this is a higher level skill when an early level skill is all you need. An early level skill demostrated in Vol 3 and Vol 7 already, the value of misinformation on SALEM's WTCH side.

Show false video or misleading video and people will no longer trust Atlas. A Grimn attack will probably happen immediately, but even if it didn't when Atlas needs to save someone they will not be able to for their hands are tied / overwhelmed and at this point the fear will attract the Grimn and then a zergling rush happens. You only need to be overwhelmed once, matching 10 attacks does not negate attack 11 from happening.

We already know Watts can affect the tech in the lower city. We also know there are giant tv screens everywhere meant to calm the public. The same tv screens can be hacked to mislead the public. The same tech that can be used for good can also be for wicked ends. The same freedom fighter group of the white fang can be co-opted and turn into terrorism group. The same tool can be used in many ways. That is why humans are not tools we must choose if we are all in this together and trust despite our life experiences or to distrust for these same life experiences.

Nations are created not just by what connects us but also by what we choose to forget / forgive even if we are not literally forgetting and we are still angry about the past whose damage can not be undone. This is what SALEM could not learn, you can not undo Ozma's death and trying to do so just creates a cruel mockery of everything. You do not honor the past and you may learn to love a new path ome that is either spite or kindness, and Salem chose spite as is her right to choose spite.

And lets now pivot to Episode 3

Spoiler: Vol 7 Episode 3 Spoilers
    Show

We already know Tyrian the Scorpion guy is killing people who are mad at Ironwood. Thus Tyrian is setting up a real fact chain that Ironwood's enemies are disapearing, a fact chain to selective mislead on television later on via Watts.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Colossus in the Playground

So I'm probably not going to be coming back to actually watching RWBY, for my health and general "life busy" reasons, but I do hope you all still enjoy it and I'm probably going to hover around watching you all, silently, still wondering if I should pick it up after the big titty genie exposition ride and knowing I probably shouldn't. Sorry to disappoint people who may have been interested in that, I just don't have the time or desire to look at it anymore.

That being said given her new design's look, when/if we hit an episode where Nora is shown to be Trans in some way please tell me so I can be like "Don't like you but still nice *high five*" to her because hell yeah.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    So I'm probably not going to be coming back to actually watching RWBY, for my health and general "life busy" reasons, but I do hope you all still enjoy it and I'm probably going to hover around watching you all, silently, still wondering if I should pick it up after the big titty genie exposition ride and knowing I probably shouldn't. Sorry to disappoint people who may have been interested in that, I just don't have the time or desire to look at it anymore.
    Oh.

That being said given her new design's look, when/if we hit an episode where Nora is shown to be Trans in some way please tell me so I can be like "Don't like you but still nice *high five*" to her because hell yeah.
    Where is this coming from?
    Forum Wisdom

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    There's a chance that after I publish my book (Soon tm) I'll have some free time to devote to watching the show, I just fell behind and feel like I've been happier not watching it so I'm unsure if I wanted to continue doing so. I'll think about it.

Her new outfit is the trans pride flag. People I have seen are theorizing she's trans because of it, among other things (she's a little orphan girl with no family who took the chance to live properly when the nice emotion-void kid found her).

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

There's a chance that after I publish my book (Soon tm) I'll have some free time to devote to watching the show, I just fell behind and feel like I've been happier not watching it so I'm unsure if I wanted to continue doing so. I'll think about it.
    Heh you do you, if it makes you less happy to watch it, don't watch it for us.

Her new outfit is the trans pride flag. People I have seen are theorizing she's trans because of it, among other things (she's a little orphan girl with no family who took the chance to live properly when the nice emotion-void kid found her).
    I didn't know there was a trans pride flag. You learn something everyday.

Guess it makes sense for someone whose team is themed around people dressing up as/pretending to be of the other sex.
    Forum Wisdom

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Guess it makes sense for someone whose team is themed around people dressing up as/pretending to be of the other sex.
    I forgot, well not literally forgot, but I had two separate mental silos and did not draw that connection till you mention that.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

... I guess you could interpret Nora's outfit that way though it kinda feels like that would come out of nowhere. Though... in not exactly the same vein but close...
    Show
    Qrow and Alpha, the leader guy of that ASop team, have an... odd chemistry together... I wouldn't be surprised if they appear in allot of discussions and fanfics in the very near future. They probably already have, I haven't gone looking.

Also this episode had the absolute least possible subtle flirting between Yang and Blake that has ever appeared in the show previously. Yang really likes that new haircut. It's kinda funny because elsewhere in discussions of the first episode of the season I wanted to just scream into the void over a few people whining about the bumblebee ship. You know... when the two characters barely even so much as looked at one another or spoke a word to one another and were physically about as far away from one another as could even be possible considering much of the episode took place withing a flying tin can with the interior space the size of my bedroom or a single room clinic.

And since I'm trash and have already discussed all this shipping junk... Poor Nora... She's trying so hard to flirt with Lie Ren today. And he's giving her nothing. I mean that's just sorta par for the course with him but Nora looks so dejected this time.
    Sparxs Plays: My friend's Youtube gaming channel where you can watch us.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbj...9MQHA/featured

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMech View Post
    ... I guess you could interpret Nora's outfit that way though it kinda feels like that would come out of nowhere. Though... in not exactly the same vein but close...
    Show
    Qrow and Alpha, the leader guy of that ASop team, have an... odd chemistry together... I wouldn't be surprised if they appear in allot of discussions and fanfics in the very near future. They probably already have, I haven't gone looking.

Also this episode had the absolute least possible subtle flirting between Yang and Blake that has ever appeared in the show previously. Yang really likes that new haircut. It's kinda funny because elsewhere in discussions of the first episode of the season I wanted to just scream into the void over a few people whining about the bumblebee ship. You know... when the two characters barely even so much as looked at one another or spoke a word to one another and were physically about as far away from one another as could even be possible considering much of the episode took place withing a flying tin can with the interior space the size of my bedroom or a single room clinic.

And since I'm trash and have already discussed all this shipping junk... Poor Nora... She's trying so hard to flirt with Lie Ren today. And he's giving her nothing. I mean that's just sorta par for the course with him but Nora looks so dejected this time.
    If we must discuss shipping junk, lets bring Winter in this.

Spoiler: Shipping Season 3 to Season 7 Episode 3, including S7E3 spoilers
    Show

Okay let's make the drunk noxious uncle into shippable bate. Instead of being eww 🤢😨 let's try to ship Qrow with someone.

First you need to discuss whether Qrow is straight, bi, gay, or some other label. Let's for the sake of argument say Qrow is bi, gay, pan, or some other label. Why would you ship Qrow with Clover Ebi the leader of Ace-Ops? Qrow needs a friend and so far Qrow and Clover have friendship energy where Qrow feels understood for someone can finally relate to him with a quirk they can't control, is trying to empathize with him, and actually may get what Qrow is going through. Clover Ebi understands the pain of being all on your own and how that is not healthy. The fable of aesop where Clover comes from is "A Fisherman's Good Luck" in this fable the Fisherman knows loss, knows what it is to not get your desires, and how the world can be against you. Yet the moral of the fable is there can be a reversal of fortune [aka good luck] and thus you must still have hope and perseverance for if you do not show up then the good luck is not able to happen.

Aka the optimistic / hopeful vs the cynic / skeptic of seeing the same reality. They both see the same thing, but they are the counterpoint of each other viewpoint. Aka see the difference between Wyatt from Westworld and Dolores from Westworld in their "core programming." As Dolores is introduced in the pilot she quotes.

Some people choose to see the ugliness in this world.
    The disarray.
    I choose to see the beauty.
    To believe there is an order to our days, a purpose.

So if not Clover with who do you ship Qrow with, who do you ship him with? Why Ironwood of course! They have Ratigan and Basil energy of the bitter exes who felt misunderstood by their past relationship even though they still love each other.

We see this based of how Qrow picked a fight with Ironwood's new righthand lady Winter. Some people see this as Ironwood and Winter shipping or Winter and Qrow shipping but let me propose that Qrow was picking a fight with Winter for she is the "other woman" that has replaced him as a member of Ironwood's affections. This is why Qrow calls out specialist in particular. Winter is reliable in ways Qrow is not due Qrow's bad luck aura. It is like a further insight this prim and proper lady who has everything down to a science with her technique.

Qrow feels betrayed not just for Ozpin's sake but also his own sake. Communication metaphors, why don't you call me metaphors, that is the phone send button!

Now fast forward to Season 7 Episode 2. Ironwood is so happy to see his ex and feels the need to hug him and it is like he lost family and now found out his loved ones he still cares for are still alive. This is a man in grief only to realize the person he loved even if they are his ex is there and can be a new support system. This is a man who waited till the rest of the party was gone and once it was just him and Qrow he was intimate with the hug and he is trying to repair relations.

I am not saying Qrow and Ironwood is going to be a thing. Quite the opposite. Shipping Energy exist for you can "make the case" for it, just like you can make the case for dozens of different things from the same data, the same visual and aural story. If Qrow is Bi / Gay / Other we have far more evidence that his crush energy is Ironwood and not the new guy.

Then again we only have what 3 minutes or so with new guy having 1 on 1 time with Qrow so you can still develop the possibility, but I am saying we already have plenty of shipping fodder for Qrow, the icky drunk uncle. Now I did not always find Qrow to be pure icky it is fine to be a drunk if you are competent in a fictional narrative story. Well Qrow is not competent, he is talented, but he screws up in so many ways that he is sloppy. He is a get out of jail free card for some problems, while Qrow specifically creates many of the problems that team RWBY and team RNJR experience.

Sidenote do we have a new team name for RWBY and RNJR now that Oscar is part of the team? ORNJ for Orange? Sigh that is icky.

Sad to see you go, but if you do not have enough time then do not watch RWBY. Maybe it will be a better time sink later, but right now with so many other good stories out there it is not something you should waste the 4 to 6 hours it will take and that is assuming you watch it all at once for a volume and do not watch individually and commenting after each episode.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2019-11-18 at 06:20 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

New episode RWBY Vol 7 Episode 4 is out for RT subscribers. Lots of stuff moved the story forward, like on 5+ plotlines in the same episode.

This if I understand correctly means everyone else can watch Episode 3 for free so we as a community can get on the same page.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

I just blew through all of Rwby up to Vol7 Ep3 in under a week! I started on the Japanese dub of 1-3 as an exercise in advancing my Japanese learning, but continued in English after that.

Seems like not a huge amount really happened in Ep3. Looking forward to 4!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    I just blew through all of Rwby up to Vol7 Ep3 in under a week! I started on the Japanese dub of 1-3 as an exercise in advancing my Japanese learning, but continued in English after that.

Seems like not a huge amount really happened in Ep3. Looking forward to 4!
    So have you not seen RWBY prior to 8 days ago or whatever the exact number is? If so congratulations for your endurance of learning Japanese but also your time management skills of being able to watch all that RWBY in 7 days or so.

So what are your thoughts of RWBY? For you are a younger fan with the introduction of RWBY and I always appreciate insights of people who are fresher blood than me

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Nope, nothing before last Monday! I was on a cottage holiday, so I didn't have much else on. Crunchyroll sure does eat data!

I was attracted by the animation style in the crunchyroll teasers. I thought the snippets were really intriguing - Flighting on top of a train; Cinder underwater; Emerald leaving a hall as Salem has a freakout; The Grimm Reaper bantering with Blake about her artificial eyes. Interest hooked!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Okay, after being unable to watch the last season until now (stupid computer) I'm finally caught up.

Can I just say I would be entirely happy if the Apathy never show up again?
    I mean it was a great horror two-parter, but I'm entirely with Weiss there- burn those abominations to ash.

And the finale was great.
    Both a giant robot and a kaiju?
    What more could I ask for?
    Salem's flying monkeys of course!

Speaking of the devil, that backstory was both tragic and entirely deserved.
    Trying to manipulate a god, seriously what did the girl expect?

Spoiler: V7 E1-4
    Show
    Well, thing seem to go relatively smoothly.
    Minor hiccups like getting arrested aside.
    Oh, and Salem's goons murdering and plotting.
    That's probably not ideal.

But on the plus side, second-best robot-girl is back, our heroes are official huntpeople and Atlas isn't a enemy bastion yet.

On the bad side... those hair-dos mutilations.
    Fletcher from the Skullduggery Pleasant books comes to mind.
    I wonder if their new Scrolls are also tasers too.
    If someone calls their hair cool we'll know...

And it would seem Jaques is still working on that natural death by patricide.
    Wonder which kid will get him.
    Unless that alliance with Team Evil gets him first.
    Last edited by Kantaki; 2019-12-01 at 07:35 PM.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: V7 Ep4
    Show

Another fairly nothing-y episode tbh. I could do with seeing the action turned up next time. A few eagle-eyed viewers noted Yang and Blake were still touching for quite a while after their selfie. Not much else to say about this one except I hope Jacques gets what he deserves.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

New chapter.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: V7E5
    Show
    Is it just me or does Atlas feel kinda… claustrophobic?
    When Winter gave Weiss that tour I actually thought something really bad would happen.
    Season-granny in isolation was a serious relief.

Also, Clover Comes off as really slimy. Can't tell why, but I don't trust him.

The politican-lady and her entourage seem interesting.
    (Cute little lamb)
    Not sure if bandits would've been better or worse though…

Speaking of bandits, Jaques' election campaign is positively brilliant
    "I'm taking away your jobs. You want them back? Vote for me."
    Seriously, when he started talking About the embargo I was expecting him to shoot against Ironwood, not himself.

On the plus side Penny remains great and we get to see Neon and her Team.
    Not that I recognized them at first.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Show
    Neon
    Show
    What did we do to receive such punishment?
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2019-12-09 at 05:12 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    What did we do to receive such punishment?
    I would reverse the question, what did we failed to do in order to prevent this?