Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default High level 'evil' 5e game.

The Whitecliff Coast is a lawless land. Filled to the brim with maddening cults and evil dictators, the anarchy that grips the realm is only kept in check by powerful orders that exert themselves over the land. These houses are led by powerful individuals who have the might and willpower to enforce themselves over the Whitecliff Coast.

You are the individuals who directly serve these powerful heads of your houses. Normally bitter enemies, the houses have brokered an alliance after hearing news of a plague gripping the Coast. Your adventuring party is the product of that alliance, and you are sent into the largest city on the Coast to hunt down the source of this unnatural virulence and cease its spread before it's too late.

Spoiler: The Big Sixteen
    Show
    1. What game system are you running?
    5e d&d

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed)?
    The setting will be the Whitecliff Coast, a haven for all manner of cultists and unsavory individuals. More information about the setting given as I create it/write it out.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    My preference is between 3-6 players, though I'd rather have too many than too few!

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    GitP PbP

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

Let's go wild. 15th level.

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    Class starting equipment or roll for class starting gold, up to you. Either way, take background equipment, as well as one rare (or lower, if you so desire) magic item of your choice, subject to my approval.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Everything is on the table- UA (unless a published version exists), homebrew (put it past me first), all published options. I encourage you to explore the evil options in this game, but nothing wrong if you don't feel like doing that!

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Any published race is available. Put any Eberron or UA races past me first, just to make sure that they have a niche in my world thusfar. In all likelihood, we can work something out if you have an idea that I don't immediately think works.

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Go with 4d6 drop lowest for stat generation. For hit points, just take the averages- it would be a real pain to roll for 15 levels.

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    If alignment is a tool that helps you, go ahead. You can play anything on the alignment spectrum so long as you play nice with the rest of the party and don't wantonly burn my world down with abandon.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    I'm fine with multiclassing, but I despise min-maxing. If you find yourself building your character mechanically instead of narratively, I'd ask you to reconsider!

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system?
    GitP rollers all the way down.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
    Group initiative- instead of having an initiative order, anyone can go at any point, but cannot take another turn until the monsters/enemies have had one. If the monsters have surprise, they'll take the first round.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    I LOVE having some backstory to work off of! However, if it's more than like 2 paragraphs, my eyes start to glaze over... Skirt length, perhaps. Your background should include you being a part of one of the houses, and preferably some justification as to why you are as powerful a person as you are.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
    I like a nice mix, but I know that combat and PbPs aren't the happiest of friends. So probably a tad more of the latter two.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    As you so please! Go nuts, within moderate reason.

Spoiler: The Houses of Whitecliff Coast
    Show
    I haven't yet decided yet if I want to capitalize h/Houses...
    HOUSE MUNGO
    "Might makes right."
    The emblem of House Mungo, a snarling gorilla, shows off its bellicose and strong nature. Members of House Mungo are taught combat skills and the importance of physical or arcane force. Common among members of this house are fits of violent frenzy and a tunnel-vision mentality, though just as often House Mungo produces cold and calculating thinkers skilled at thinking level-heatedly in any situation.

HOUSE CANNIS
    "In the day, the shadows are the safest place to be. At night, they are the most dangerous."
    House Cannis is known for its powers of subterfuge and deception. It produces many cultists, demagogues, and assassins. Their emblem, a snake wrapped around a dagger, rather succinctly sums up their methodology and ideals. There isn't much that House Cannis doesn't have a hand in.

HOUSE RAVENTREE
    "The rose's beauty overshadows its thorns."
    House Raventree is the closest thing to order and altruism on the Coast. They open schools and orphanages, sponsor ill-attended temples to the good deities, and donate to the many impoverished individuals that populate the few bastions of civilization that exist. However, nothing on the Whitecliff Coast is ever truly 'good'.
    Spoiler: Only look here if you have chosen Raventree as your house.
    Show
    House Raventree practices some cannibalism, particularly on their recently dead. The have been taught that this is part of the natural order, but that they must keep this practice a secret to the outside world.

Since I haven't fully defined the Whitecliff Coast, a lot of it is up in the air, and I would love your help fleshing it out. You can hep create NPCs, cities, monuments, landmarks, factions or anything, really, to populate this section of the map of Aeros (my world)! I look forward to building a world together with you.
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2019-11-08 at 08:54 AM.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: High level 'evil' 5e game.

Sounds fun
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

(4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[8]
    (4d6b3)[15]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

(4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[13]

Rolling rolling rolling... Rawhide!

And, before I even see my rolls, if I or someone else rolls crap, may we use point buy?

Edit: Because, lo and behold! I got 26 point buy poorly allocated.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-11-05 at 11:12 AM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

I have a bunch of homebrew here that I'd be interested in using.
    In this particular case Black Mage or Beastmaster (or the Dark Master modification of it) would probably make most sense. Though maybe Red Mage for House Raventree. I'll leave it up to you what, if any, of these things (or anything else I've got there) is most appealing and go with that.
    Also wondering if I could use the races I made. (Not looking at anything in particular at the moment, so no big deal there if you say no.)

If anyone was thinking of going Paladin I have a Dark Knight archetype in my stuff that'd probably work pretty well.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

(4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[10]

Edit: What's this madness!? Rolls I can actually be happy about for once!

Edit 2: Also just curious, is the "something something" actually part of the house motto or is that just meant as a placeholder?
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-11-05 at 11:26 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

I've been meaning to play a daemonologist.... or a cleric of Loviatar. Deffinetly interested.

Spoiler: Rolls (fingers crossed)
    Show

(4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[11]

Edit: Damn, that's pretty good!
    Last edited by BobMacBobson; 2019-11-05 at 11:41 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Rolling rolling rolling... Rawhide!

And, before I even see my rolls, if I or someone else rolls crap, may we use point buy?

Edit: Because, lo and behold! I got 26 point buy poorly allocated.
    Point buy works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I have a bunch of homebrew here that I'd be interested in using.
    In this particular case Black Mage or Beastmaster (or the Dark Master modification of it) would probably make most sense. Though maybe Red Mage for House Raventree. I'll leave it up to you what, if any, of these things (or anything else I've got there) is most appealing and go with that.
    Also wondering if I could use the races I made. (Not looking at anything in particular at the moment, so no big deal there if you say no.)

If anyone was thinking of going Paladin I have a Dark Knight archetype in my stuff that'd probably work pretty well.

Show

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Edit: What's this madness!? Rolls I can actually be happy about for once!

Edit 2: Also just curious, is the "something something" actually part of the house motto or is that just meant as a placeholder?
    Any of those classes would work for me, thanks! And as far as races go, my preference would be to say no at this point, unless you have a burning passion to play one specifically, then we could talk.

The 'something something' is a placeholder, I thought I cleaned it up before I posted! I'll get that cleaned up.
    EDIT: Cleaned up. "The rose's beauty overshadows its thorns."
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2019-11-05 at 11:48 AM.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

That looks like lots of funs.
    One idea that floating my head, is a character who try to control all arcane arts, so, Warlock-Wizard-Sorcereor.
    So there are only three houses? Yes?

Spoiler: rollz
    Show

(4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[7]
    (4d6b3)[16]

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    That looks like lots of funs.
    One idea that floating my head, is a character who try to control all arcane arts, so, Warlock-Wizard-Sorcereor.
    So there are only three houses? Yes?

Spoiler: rollz
    Show

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

Lord, that sounds like a complex build. Whatever floats your boat!

Yes, just the three houses.

9. - Top - End - #9

Little Silk is made!

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Born away from Whitecliff, Little Silk's tribe was destroyed when she was young. She barely escaped with her life and her tribe's bow, Kurnoth. Passed down for centuries, it was foretold that Kurnoth would be the weapon that slew their tribe's greatest foe, though how exactly that was to happen was never clear. Little Silk, being the only survivor (that she knows of) took Kurnoth and fled to the city. As she began to settle in, she started to hear voices from the bow-it seemed that the tribe's souls were accumulating within the bow, or it worked as a conduit to their souls-regardless, Little Silk began to train with it night and day. The ancestors of her family guided her aim, and she developed her own skills as a fighter without the bow.

She worked as a mercenary for a time, gathering funds and allies, but eventually joined House Raventree. She felt a kinship for their altruism-it was, after all, one of their orphanages that she had found herself in her youth, after she fled. Their secret wasn't that big a deal to her-while her tribe honored the dead differently, other tribes did the same as Raventree. (Though she does have a minor complaint-people tend to be too gamy, and just not very tasty!) She rose through the ranks of agents of Raventree, becoming one of their best, and when the houses came together to deal with the plague, she was naturally selected-her skill with weapons and her silver tongue were sure to be useful.

Spoiler: Mechanical Question
    Show
    Can I have Kurnoth operate as my Luckstone? Obviously it'd need attuning to, but while I like the mechanics of a Luckstone, it'd just make more sense for Kurnoth to be my only magic item for now.

Spoiler: Background Question/Comment
    Show
    I leave it up to you to determine who killed my tribe. If you'd like, I can offer suggestions, but I feel that should be in your purview.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-11-05 at 12:20 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

10. - Top - End - #10

Little Silk is made!

Spoiler: Background
    Show
    Born away from Whitecliff, Little Silk's tribe was destroyed when she was young. She barely escaped with her life and her tribe's bow, Kurnoth. Passed down for centuries, it was foretold that Kurnoth would be the weapon that slew their tribe's greatest foe, though how exactly that was to happen was never clear. Little Silk, being the only survivor (that she knows of) took Kurnoth and fled to the city. As she began to settle in, she started to hear voices from the bow-it seemed that the tribe's souls were accumulating within the bow, or it worked as a conduit to their souls-regardless, Little Silk began to train with it night and day. The ancestors of her family guided her aim, and she developed her own skills as a fighter without the bow.

She worked as a mercenary for a time, gathering funds and allies, but eventually joined House Raventree. She felt a kinship for their altruism-it was, after all, one of their orphanages that she had found herself in her youth, after she fled. Their secret wasn't that big a deal to her-while her tribe honored the dead differently, other tribes did the same as Raventree. (Though she does have a minor complaint-people tend to be too gamy, and just not very tasty!) She rose through the ranks of agents of Raventree, becoming one of their best, and when the houses came together to deal with the plague, she was naturally selected-her skill with weapons and her silver tongue were sure to be useful.

Spoiler: Mechanical Question
    Show
    Can I have Kurnoth operate as my Luckstone? Obviously it'd need attuning to, but while I like the mechanics of a Luckstone, it'd just make more sense for Kurnoth to be my only magic item for now.

Spoiler: Background Question/Comment
    Show
    I leave it up to you to determine who killed my tribe. If you'd like, I can offer suggestions, but I feel that should be in your purview.
    Looks fabulous! I love it. Yes, Kurnoth can be your Luckstone. Would Kurnoth be a sentient magic item?

Also, I'd say that all you remember from your tribe's destruction is the presence of purple fire and a flying, malformed three-headed creature.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by SunderedWorldDM View Post
    Looks fabulous! I love it. Yes, Kurnoth can be your Luckstone. Would Kurnoth be a sentient magic item?

Also, I'd say that all you remember from your tribe's destruction is the presence of purple fire and a flying, malformed three-headed creature.
    Kurnoth is not itself sentient, but I can commune with the souls of my tribe through it.

Maybe something like this?

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    Commune With Ancestors
    1st Level Divination (Ritual)
    Casting Time 1 Action
    Range Self
    Components Verbal, Somatic, Material (An Ancestral Relic)
    Duration Concentration

While holding or within 5' of your ancestral relic, you can commune with their spirits. This allows you to ask questions of the departed, though typically each question takes nearly a minute to answer, as the spirits are not that close to the material plane. In addition, while your ancestors will virtually always answer to the best of their ability and as honestly as possible, there is much they do not know, and they may sometimes be confident int heir answers despite being outright wrong.

You may also let yourself be guided by your ancestors in times of stress. While Concentrating on this spell, you may treat your proficiency bonus as if it was the highest of your ancestors who's proficient in your task. (Typically, most ancestors will have at least one member who has +4 to weapons. Skill usage may vary, but rarely exceeds +5, and even then usually only in niche situations.) You may also expend your ancestor's grace to reroll a single d20 that you roll, but doing so immediately ends the spell. The spell also immediately ends if you get more than 5' away from your relic.

A creature with their ancestral relic automatically knows this spell, and may cast it as a ritual, even if they normally lack ritual casting or even spellcasting altogether.

So, to summarize:

-Can ask questions of the ancestors, but they're slow to answer, might not know, and can sometimes be just straight-up wrong.
    -Can increase your proficiency bonus while concentrating on this spell, but only for tasks your ancestors would've had proficiency in. Useless for this character as I already have a +5, unless you think any of my tribe would've had +6 on anything.
    -Can expend the spell to reroll a d20.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2019-11-05 at 12:37 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12

Rolling for days

Spoiler
    Show

(4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[6]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[13]

Point buy it is.
    Last edited by Illven; 2019-11-05 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SunderedWorldDM View Post
    Lord, that sounds like a complex build. Whatever floats your boat!

Yes, just the three houses.
    I see. Would tabaxi or kobold fit?

14. - Top - End - #14

Kurnoth is not itself sentient, but I can commune with the souls of my tribe through it.

Maybe something like this?

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    Commune With Ancestors
    1st Level Divination (Ritual)
    Casting Time 1 Action
    Range Self
    Components Verbal, Somatic, Material (An Ancestral Relic)
    Duration Concentration

While holding or within 5' of your ancestral relic, you can commune with their spirits. This allows you to ask questions of the departed, though typically each question takes nearly a minute to answer, as the spirits are not that close to the material plane. In addition, while your ancestors will virtually always answer to the best of their ability and as honestly as possible, there is much they do not know, and they may sometimes be confident int heir answers despite being outright wrong.

You may also let yourself be guided by your ancestors in times of stress. While Concentrating on this spell, you may treat your proficiency bonus as if it was the highest of your ancestors who's proficient in your task. (Typically, most ancestors will have at least one member who has +4 to weapons. Skill usage may vary, but rarely exceeds +5, and even then usually only in niche situations.) You may also expend your ancestor's grace to reroll a single d20 that you roll, but doing so immediately ends the spell. The spell also immediately ends if you get more than 5' away from your relic.

A creature with their ancestral relic automatically knows this spell, and may cast it as a ritual, even if they normally lack ritual casting or even spellcasting altogether.

So, to summarize:

-Can ask questions of the ancestors, but they're slow to answer, might not know, and can sometimes be just straight-up wrong.
    -Can increase your proficiency bonus while concentrating on this spell, but only for tasks your ancestors would've had proficiency in. Useless for this character as I already have a +5, unless you think any of my tribe would've had +6 on anything.
    -Can expend the spell to reroll a d20.
    Looks good to me, I see your vision now. Forgive me, I can't open MythWeavers this second, what's the class and race?

I see. Would tabaxi or kobold fit?
    Yes indeed! All published races work.

15. - Top - End - #15

Tabaxi Scout Rogue/Hexblade.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Tabaxi Scout Rogue/Hexblade.
    Perfect, thanks.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

I’ll roll the bones and see what the fates decide...

Spoiler: Rolling in the deep
    Show
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[9]

EDIT: Those are decidedly meh.

If I get a good idea I might piece something together with point buy...
    Last edited by Libro; 2019-11-05 at 01:33 PM.
    "Ye are who ye are on all o' yer days. All o' em. Includin' that worst an' tha best. Ev'ry single one counts. All tha way ta tha end."

Spoiler: Extended signatures
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Weighty Words and a Cruel Tune

Spoiler: dem dice
    Show
    (4d6b3)[12] (4d6b3)[14] (4d6b3)[14] (4d6b3)[14] (4d6b3)[13] (4d6b3)[13]
    Can I -4/+2 to get a 16 and an 8? yes? ok. so that reads 8, 16...

They call him the fixer. Not to his face, of course. To his face, only the suicidal call him anything but Mr. Petryavik.

But fixing things certainly is his job... Or breaking them. Often the weight of his presence in a fine establishment was a sign that nearby, some poor ambitious soul had found his respite. Or souls. Whether it was the disposal of the Order's direct competitors, or the stirring of one enemy against another, rarely does Gregor raise his hand in violence, preferring always to talk, talk, talk... until violence happens FOR him.

Who can say where he came from, or where he goes when not at work? The sort of play a man like Gregor would prefer... well. Not a topic for polite conversation.

Spoiler: Back foul story, Back you fiend!
    Show

Gregor grew up in the courts of Baron Adrov, one of the many self-proclaimed lords of the Whitecliff area. His was a long-successful family, and Gregor's father a smith for their forces. Gregor grew up playing in the courtyard of the castle, in the streets of the town below, and in the taverns.

He was a pleasant, easygoing youth, who never seemed to get in as much trouble as his friends. Where they would get punished, he seemed to float through easily, his guile and facile tongue serving him well. An alibi for every misstep, and no punishments for exploring his every desire.

And he did desire so.

Fast forward to early teens. Gregor, unable to work his father's trade due to a childhood bout of pox, leaving him weak and unable to strengthen himself easily. Bereft of his father's trade, he easily slid into the company of noble sons and soldier's daughters. Well liked by all, he charmed his way into the confidences of the local minstrel, and drained him dry of his skills and insights. Life was good, and looked to get better, as his popularity with the rich and noble alike kept growing, as did his talent with song and satire.

And yet, his desires pulled so.

Not a year later he had to flee in some disgrace, giving up his first name in the bargain. Smart enough to account for the possibility, he had a fair hand at disguise, and employed it well in his travels.

The next few years would see his trail littered with evidence of his further honed skills. Gang wars would erupt from uneasy peace. Riots from the overtaxed. Corsairs attacking ports, bandits raiding villages, companies of soldiers deserting, or turning coat.

Chance jobs, found by knowing people, knowing the type to favor a dirty job for big profits over safety. Employers and employees both.

Then, he came to the attention of Smiling John, the original Benevolent. Garbed in the raiments of the church of light, John and Gregor gained entry to the Chapel of Menistus. In the ensuing fire they fled. Their haul of rare books holy bones and other artefacts made them a tidy profit, and, seeing something of themselves in the other, a friendship born of common code.

Me against the World
    My word my bond
    And a Blight for every Slight.

The years since have been generous, in the same way that one might be generous to a mugger. Under the auspices of the Order, Gregor has bloomed from an opportunistic mercenary into one of the region's legendary terrors. This leads him to using frequent disguises, a practice that he enjoys in any case.

He has grown bored, however, so when wind brought him rumor of the 'action group' being organized to put down an unnatural plague, he put himself forward. Well... he found someone with an invitation, and convinced them it would be better in his hands. Same thing.

Spoiler: The Order of Benevolent Gentlemen
    Show
    Not quite one of the main houses of Whitecliff, they have no standing army, no special niche forces. Instead, they have the smallfolk. Merchants and farmers, smugglers and smiths. The cogs that keep this land of chaos fed, armed, and equipped.

The arms dealers who serve every side in a conflict, the armed merchant camps that buy all the food just before an army sweeps through. The Slavers who follow after a battle, buying your prisoners, or trading them for food.

The pimps that run your camp followers, keeping things clean and orderly... and profitable.

Their focus is intelligence, profit, and protecting their people. Those who chance upon one of their operations are quickly co-opted... or they are found, slain at the hands of a rival faction. Or sold as mute, brain damaged slaves.

Despite their intense focus on secrecy and profit, whispers still spread about them, and their patron. The rumors have it that to ascend to a management position, one must have the stomach to bargain with... certain otherworldly creditors.

But when you can't be certain of tomorrow, what matters the state of your soul?

(Mammon)

Spoiler: Character Sheet Goes Here
    Show
    Gregor Petryavik
    Variant Human Lore Bard 15 15 LE

AC 15 HP 123 Speed 30ft

Str 8 (-1) Dex 16 (3) Con 16 (3) Wis 14 (2) Int 13 (1) Cha 20 (5)

Attacks
    Rapier +8 1d6+3

Resilient (Con)
    War Caster
    Last edited by Joeluma; 2019-11-05 at 11:12 PM.
    "A troubled mind is the first sign of intelligence."

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Joeluma View Post
    Spoiler: dem dice
    Show
    [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Can I -4/+2 to get a 16 and an 8?
    Sure, why not?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

will you allow one of those homebrews?
    https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2016/07/mimicborn.html

https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2015/...onomancer.html

is diversity in races a big deal for you, to pick players?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'll go Beastmaster.
    Seeing as there are.... 0 rare magical ranged weapons and I don't have the kind of absurd stats that would make me feel comfortable trying to go at things in melee, I might as well ask if I can do something silly.
    Can I try making a something between a magic staff and a crossbow? I'm thinking something like "Nightmare Crossbow". Has Charges to cast Find Greater Steed that summons a Nightmare instead of the creatures the spell normally does, Dream, Fear, Feather Fall, Sudden Awakening, and Sleep. And the attack is just regular crossbow 1d10 but +1 attack/damage and deals psychic damage?

22. - Top - End - #22

will you allow one of those homebrews?
    https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2016/07/mimicborn.html

https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2015/...onomancer.html

is diversity in races a big deal for you, to pick players?
    Both of those look just fine to me! Diversity in races and classes aren't particularly important to me, I like to choose based off of the character that feel the most complete and fleshed-out.

I think I'll go Beastmaster.
    Seeing as there are.... 0 rare magical ranged weapons and I don't have the kind of absurd stats that would make me feel comfortable trying to go at things in melee, I might as well ask if I can do something silly.
    Can I try making a something between a magic staff and a crossbow? I'm thinking something like "Nightmare Crossbow". Has Charges to cast Find Greater Steed that summons a Nightmare instead of the creatures the spell normally does, Dream, Fear, Feather Fall, Sudden Awakening, and Sleep. And the attack is just regular crossbow 1d10 but +1 attack/damage and deals psychic damage?
    You know what, write something up and I'll take a look at it. I can't say I fully understand your mental picture at this stage, but I think it sounds moderately cool!

23. - Top - End - #23

This is intriguing. Gonna roll and see how that goes!

Show

(4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[16]
    (4d6b3)[9]
    (4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[14]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Susie the Necromancer for consideration.
    I'll want to generate scores before I move on.

DM, could I get some of the more expensive spell components instead of the Rare magic item?

Spoiler: Stat Rolls
    Show

(4d6b3)[10]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[15]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[16]

EDIT: Wellllll HFIL.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-11-05 at 03:13 PM.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm good with eliminating Xihirli. I'm not sure how she has managed to live as long as she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    That was a lot of awesome backstabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Susie the Necromancer for consideration.
    I'll want to generate scores before I move on.

DM, could I get some of the more expensive spell components instead of the Rare magic item?

Spoiler: Stat Rolls
    Show

[roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3]
    [roll4]
    [roll5]

EDIT: Wellllll HFIL.
    Yeah, sure. I don't have the DMG around right this second, but if you'd like to get spell components of up to or equal to the 'average' rare item price, go for it.

Forgive me, but MythWeavers hates me. What's the class and race, and is there any background information filled in?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Standard Human Necromancy Wizard

Spoiler
    Show
    The Naretzahs are cousins of the main family Cannis, a member of the house that tended to keep to themselves and their own bizarre experiments...
    Susanna Naretzah worked alongside her father, Leander Naretzah as he sought the secrets to eternal life. He told her about the cruelties the gods had visited upon mortals from childhood, and she vowed to help him remedy those wrongs. She and her father would unlock the secrets to absolute power together. They would make the world their own. They would solve inequality, end feudalism, and create a perfect world. Their world. Most of all, they would reach the ultimate power over life and death and bring back Susanna's mother, Terese. In life she was a priestess of Asherah who had given her life to the gods only to die channeling their power.
    "They took your mother from me, and we will take her back," Susie was promised from childhood.

So things didn't work.
    When Susanna and Leander tried their ritual, they were nearly discovered as necromancers and so were in a hurry.
    Leander prepared himself rapidly, splaying himself atop a circle of draconic runes based off of tablets he'd found on dracoliches. He commanded Susanna to remove his heart, and place it inside of the phylactery.
    She held the knife over his chest. She froze. She didn't feel right.
    "Do it!" Leander commanded. She buried the dagger in her father's chest and carved out his heart. She took it up in her hands and brought the heart to the phylactery he had made, trying not to look as she heard her father dying.
    It wasn't as elaborate as he'd have liked. A hollowed-out ruby that connected to a staff once the heart was in. It had been a rush job. It all had.
    So it shouldn't have surprised Susie when the necromantic energy swelled, and her father's body rapidly decomposed in front of her into ash.
    THUMP THUMP
    Wobbling, her jelly legs managed to walk her toward the ash.
    THUMP THUMP THUMP
    She stumbled back to the ruby holding her father's heart and poured it into her hand. She watched it pulse in time to the beats. No blood was filtering through it, but it stubbornly beat on regardless.
    Susie put it back on the ruby and attached the failed phylactery to its staff. Her father wasn't gone yet.

The Naretzahs are cousins of the main family Cannis, a member of the house that tended to keep to themselves and their own bizarre experiments...
    Susanna Naretzah worked alongside her father, Leander Naretzah as he sought the secrets to eternal life. He told her about the cruelties the gods had visited upon mortals from childhood, and she vowed to help him remedy those wrongs. She and her father would unlock the secrets to absolute power together. They would make the world their own. They would solve inequality, end feudalism, and create a perfect world. Their world. Most of all, they would reach the ultimate power over life and death and bring back Susanna's mother, Terese. In life she was a priestess of Asherah who had given her life to the gods only to die channeling their power.
    "They took your mother from me, and we will take her back," Susie was promised from childhood.

So things didn't work.
    When Susanna and Leander tried their ritual, they were nearly discovered as necromancers and so were in a hurry.
    Leander prepared himself rapidly, splaying himself atop a circle of draconic runes based off of tablets he'd found on dracoliches. He commanded Susanna to remove his heart, and place it inside of the phylactery.
    She held the knife over his chest. She froze. She didn't feel right.
    "Do it!" Leander commanded. She buried the dagger in her father's chest and carved out his heart. She took it up in her hands and brought the heart to the phylactery he had made, trying not to look as she heard her father dying.
    It wasn't as elaborate as he'd have liked. A hollowed-out ruby that connected to a staff once the heart was in. It had been a rush job. It all had.
    So it shouldn't have surprised Susie when the necromantic energy swelled, and her father's body rapidly decomposed in front of her into ash.
    THUMP THUMP
    Wobbling, her jelly legs managed to walk her toward the ash.
    THUMP THUMP THUMP
    She stumbled back to the ruby holding her father's heart and poured it into her hand. She watched it pulse in time to the beats. No blood was filtering through it, but it stubbornly beat on regardless.
    Susie put it back on the ruby and attached the failed phylactery to its staff. Her father wasn't gone yet.

At that point, Susie was thirteen. Since then she has spent fourteen years learning and sacrificing and killing in order to bring her father's dream into reality.

As her power grew, she drew the attention of House Cannis, which saw great promise in her ability to turn the dead into unthinking, loyal soldiers. They reached out to her and put her to task “keeping the peace...”

Spoiler
    Show
    Tl;dr:
    She comes from a family in the house Cannis, with a priest mother. After her mother’s death on Asherah (goddess) business her father became obsessed with necromancy and replacing the gods, getting his thirteen year old daughter involved, too. They attempted to make him a lich, but the process failed and his body was destroyed, leaving only his still-beating heart behind.
    Her own necromancy has since impressed House Cannis, and her ability to “keep the peace” with her undead minions has impressed them greatly, though her disinterest in continuing the Naretzah family keeps them (read: her) from becoming prominent members of the house.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2019-11-06 at 09:38 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

(4d6b3)[14]
    (4d6b3)[11]
    (4d6b3)[17]
    (4d6b3)[13]
    (4d6b3)[12]
    (4d6b3)[13]

Fighter rune, goliath. I believe once I get all information.
    ddb.ac/characters/18686299/h2tp5D
    Not sure if link works, dnd beyond. I have a lot of work to do as I don't have access to the whole site.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2019-11-05 at 07:07 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Planetar

I'd looooove to play a warlock boosted with some stuff from the newest UA -https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/class-feature-variants

Is it allowed? Concept is a sniper/controller warlock who focuses on light and flames

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Basic outline for two characters I'm considering:

Wizard

Cleric

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

@SunderedWorldDM: I know you said probably no to my races, but how would you feel about the Miqo'te specifically? For currently undisclosed for no particular reason reasons, they'd fit the flavor of the character I'm going for especially well.

Also you noted we only have starting gear wealth, so I assume those of us who need armor are going to need to find money/armor in game to get up to our desired mundane armor situations?

Edit: Also wondering what types of monsters you expect us to see a lot of. Would Fiends and/or Aberrations be good guesses? Asking because Beastmaster has a feature that involves picking a non-humanoid non-dragon creature type to have certain advantages against.

Edit 2: Can I give my cat familiar darkvision (30 feet)? Because why don't they already have this?
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2019-11-05 at 08:36 PM.