Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Pathfinder 2E: Classic Fantasy Genre

As someone who has tried to pick up Pathfinder a couple of time, it's age is very apparent due to the excessive bloat that surrounds it, supplements, optional rules, variants and such. Recently I was introduced to PF2E, and haven't been able to participate in a long lasting game of it, as such I thought I would reach out through the boards and see if there were any players and, or, GM's interested in trying out this new system and see if we could begin the chronicle for a new age of heroes!

Anyone interested in playing, running, as we learn the new rule set?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Pathfinder 2E: Classic Fantasy Genre

Interested in trying out the new system. Got an idea for an elf monk

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

I would be so interested in this! I have been trying to set up a PF2E for some time. Probably with a two weapon fighter.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Oddly enough, I was thinking of a Monk myself Zylodrizzt, definitely Stone Mountain Stance so I can focus on Strength, Con & Wisdom. Possibly an Osirian, with an eye towards picking up the Living Monolith feats from Lost Omens.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

If a GM is found, Id love join in on some PF2E.

Not sure what Id play, maybe a wizard, sorcerer, cleric

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

I'd also love to give PF2E a try.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

I'm up for it, either a spellcaster or somethingelse.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    Oddly enough, I was thinking of a Monk myself Zylodrizzt, definitely Stone Mountain Stance so I can focus on Strength, Con & Wisdom. Possibly an Osirian, with an eye towards picking up the Living Monolith feats from Lost Omens.
    Mine was gonna be more Dex high mobility but may go with goblin alchemist or dwarf barbarian

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I'm absolutely willing to work with the GM to make sure my character fits into the setting.

Now let's just hope a GM shows up! I believe Paizo is re-releasing Kingmaker in the spring as a PF2e Adventure path.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I would be interested in playing, not in a position to GM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

While PF1 is a great game I have played for many years and will continue to play, I'm a fan of the new PF2 rules. I would very much like to be in a game like this, but as a player not a GM, because I think I'm maxed out for GMing.
    DM in Mummy's Mask I, II, III | Keshkaru in Extinction Curse | Avatar courtesy of Neoseph7

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

I do like pf2. I'm not the best gm anyway, and I really don't have time to run atm, but I'd be down to play

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, here's hoping a GM makes an appearance!

14. - Top - End - #14

showing interest as a player!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Interest, me, here.

16. - Top - End - #16

HalflingRogueGuy

I am interested as well. I never played first edition but would like to learn second edition. I can try to GM if we can't find people willing.
    Crooked Peak Seasons IV-V: 11/8/4 Cup Semifinalist, Cup Quarterfinalist, Coach of the losing All-star team (Season V)
    Treeman's Triumph Seasons VI: 3/8/2 Loser in the Crud! Cup Match
    Legends of Jam Season VII: 6/3/2 Winner of the Longball Derby, Division B Champion, Cup Semifinalist

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Think there are pregenerated campaigns

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

If you feel you are up to it Clarkson I am sure we'd all be willing to learn the system together!

19. - Top - End - #19

EvilClericGuy

If there is still space and your open to playtest material I'd love to try a Life Oracle from the Advance Player's Guide playtest. If your not open to playtest materal than I'll probably make a Cloistered Cleric or Undead Bloodline Sorcerer.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started at a dinner party in the BBEG's estate.

20. - Top - End - #20

HalflingRogueGuy

Carl's Carters are a group of merchants who carry goods between three towns, Fivays, Willford, and (I'm crowdsourcing the name of this one). The roads are dangerous, and the Carters often employ those who can hold their own and are looking to make a name for themselves as caravan guards. You arrived at the Carter's (crowdsourced name) branch looking for employment on the next caravan out.

System: Pathfinder Second Edition
    Player Count: Not sure now. I won't want to go above six at the start I think
    Style of Play: Learning to Play. Probably primarily focused on Combat, with some Exploration and Social mixed in
    Allowed Content:
    I'd prefer to keep to the Core rules for now, but I'll work with Playtest as well. I'd prefer to avoid Homebrew.
    Character Creation:

• Backstory: Short is fine. You're someone just getting their start who signed on as protection for the local Carter.
    • Experience: 0 Experience, or Level 1
    • Wealth: 150 silver pieces
    • Ability Scores: The Standard method (All abilities start at 10, you get 4 Boosts, plus some from Ancestry, Background, and Class with a maximum of 18 in any ability)
    • Hitpoints/Health: Standard
    • Alignment: I come from 5e, so Alignment isn't that big of a deal for me. I'd prefer to avoid Evil ones though they won't automatically get you removed.

Other Notes: I'm new to the system so I'll be learning as we go along. It's also probably going to be a short campaign, probably just travel between three cities. If people are having fun once that's done, we can talk about how long we keep running. Don't expect a grandiose plot to start and don't build for high levels. I'm going to aim for about a level per city you pass through so you might hit level 4 when we hit the end of what I have planned.

As the crowdsourcing in the opening paragraph suggests Im also asking for some details on the setting with your character. This could be the obvious name, but it could also be interesting details about any of the three towns. This is a small section of the world at large, dropped in a blank spot on the map. Theres some minor magic, but most mages of any skill live in more populated areas. If it fits those criteria anything goes.

Once people have characters in, Id like to go through the interview process in character. This helps with letting people know my writing style so they can provide feedback and withdraw if they really dont like it.
    Crooked Peak Seasons IV-V: 11/8/4 Cup Semifinalist, Cup Quarterfinalist, Coach of the losing All-star team (Season V)
    Legends of Jam Season VII: 6/3/2 Winner of the Longball Derby, Division B Champion, Cup Semifinalist

21. - Top - End - #21

EvilClericGuy

So life mystery oracle is cool with you?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

22. - Top - End - #22

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Giegue View Post
    So life mystery oracle is cool with you?
    I'm willing to give it a shot. I generally have the attitude of anything flies as long as everyone is having fun. If it starts to stop people having fun we can have a conversation on how to change it and we'll have provided some feedback for Paizo.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Clarkson, thanks for stepping in!

I think I will be submitting a melee character, either a fighter or a ranger.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

I would likely be submitting a Barbarian or a Monk, a know a diverse selection but I enjoy the mechanics of both classes. Is there a specific campaign or Adventure path you are looking at, or just a home-brew campaign?
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2019-11-20 at 07:12 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Giegue View Post
    If there is still space and your open to playtest material I'd love to try a Life Oracle from the Advance Player's Guide playtest. If your not open to playtest materal than I'll probably make a Cloistered Cleric or Undead Bloodline Sorcerer.
    Oh APG playtest does excite me some there. Does it have new races?
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

26. - Top - End - #26

EvilClericGuy

No, sadly. It just has four new classes: Investigator, Oracle, Swashbuckler, and Witch.

27. - Top - End - #27

HalflingRogueGuy

I would likely be submitting a Barbarian or a Monk, a know a diverse selection but I enjoy the mechanics of both classes. Is there a specific campaign or Adventure path you are looking at, or just a home-brew campaign?
    Just a homebrew campaign. It might turn into an adventure path once this first leg is done, but for now homebrew.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Anything you're looking for, city, urban, role-play, exploration, combat? Just curious what to build for and the kind of background you're looking for for any submissions.

29. - Top - End - #29

HalflingRogueGuy

Anything you're looking for, city, urban, role-play, exploration, combat? Just curious what to build for and the kind of background you're looking for for any submissions.
    Some exploration, but this will mostly take place on the roads between cities. There will be some downtime spent in cities, but it will mostly be combat and some role-play.

Background wise I'm not looking for much. You're looking to join a caravan as a guard.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

More of the background & crunch, but at the moment looking to play a Half Orc Fighter, with the Laborer background. Likely an escape slave or some such. Are we in Golarion, so I can pull nations and what not for background?