Show
    • Freak: +0
    • Danger: +0
    • Savior: +2
    • Superior: +0
    • Mundane: -1

Spoiler: Moves
    Show
    • [X] Fight the good fight: When you pull your punches while directly engaging a threat, you can roll + Savior instead of + Danger. If you do, you cannot choose to impress, surprise, or frighten your foe.
    • [X]The legacy matters: When you take Influence over someone from your legacy (or give them Influence over you), mark potential and take +1 forward. When someone from your legacy causes your Labels to shift, mark potential and take +1 forward.

Behind his helmet, Aiden blinks, hard. What is he talking about?

An awkward moment of silence passes as he tries to digest this. "Um...okay? Where is this coming from? Corax? It's not like she isn't using us for her own ends."

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] Masks: The Unseen Path

Fox
    Conditions:

Potential: 3/5

"You think because you are a puppet, that we also must have strings." Fox's voice couldn't sound more like a sneer if he'd tried. He lifts an arm, giving it a mocking wiggle. "That our voice is not ours, but merely an echo. That we are a Magpie and not a Fox. Corax would use us to her end, yes. So distrustful of her we see but so defensive of your own. You expect duplicity from her but not Delphi and her ilk. Not from your own too, we suspect." Fox lets his arm fall, turning to look back over the junk yard. "We can only trust the team. Strange how you feel so differently."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Liminal
    Conditions: Angry, Afraid
    Potential: 0/5
    Spoiler: Labels
    Show
    • Freak: +2
    • Danger: -1
    • Savior: +1
    • Superior: +2

Show
    • The Mask: You wear a mask and hide your real identity. You embody Freak while wearing your mask.
      Once per session, you can affirm either your heroic or secret identity to switch your Mundane with your mask’s Label. When you reveal your secret identity to someone who didn’t know it already, mark potential.

• Mild-mannered: When you try to use your civilian identity to deceive, trick, or slip past someone, roll + Mundane. On a hit they buy your facade. On a 7-9, choose one:
      - you’re still under observation
      - you leave something incriminating behind
      - you’re forced to make a fool of yourself to sell it
      On a miss, one of your civilian obligations rears its ugly head.

• Game face: When you commit yourself to save someone or defeat a terrible enemy, mark a condition and take +1 ongoing to all rolls in direct pursuit of that goal. At the end of any scene in which you don’t make progress towards that goal, mark a condition. When you fulfill your goal, mark potential.

• Thick and thin skinned: Whenever you have Angry marked, take +1 ongoing to unleash your powers.

Liminal was uncharacteristically quiet the entire time they spent leaving the League's Headquarters. She had a lot on her mind, and the last thing she wanted to do was revisit what had just happened. JigaWatt naturally had other, rather immediate plans; like setting up another meeting with the team.

Well, so much for going home. A meeting shortly after finishing a meeting sounded like the least entertaining activity she could imagine, but if the others needed to know this information then it couldn't be helped. Hopefully her brother wasn't getting into too much trouble on his own, and she still had a shift to do at the pub later that day. It was starting to look like a good idea to refuse. After all, the last meeting only reinforced the fact that she didn't quite fit into the rest of her gang. Fox was brooding and mysterious, but he had his own sources and goals. Errant White was a little too direct sometimes, but he had the capability to back it up. JigaWatt was a superstar who did side quests on his off time.

What was she supposed to bring to this team meeting?

"Why'd you ask me to come along today?"
    Liminal asked, passing over JigaWatt's rather halfhearted apology.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Errant White
    Conditions:
    Potential: 2/5
    Show

Show
    • [X] Fight the good fight: When you pull your punches while directly engaging a threat, you can roll + Savior instead of + Danger. If you do, you cannot choose to impress, surprise, or frighten your foe.
    • [X]The legacy matters: When you take Influence over someone from your legacy (or give them Influence over you), mark potential and take +1 forward. When someone from your legacy causes your Labels to shift, mark potential and take +1 forward.

Fox said a lot of words, but the longer Aiden listened, the less sense they made. The Fox is an ancient adversary of the roaming knight, not out of malice but out of a trickster's instinct and a shrouded heart. He was starting to see what the old wizard meant.

Fox must think he's so smart. But Aiden expected nothing but duplicity from Bartimaeus. And that list was starting to get longer. "What is it with all of you magic-users? Every one of you acts as if you've got all the answers, and you're the only one. Like the rest of us are just lost sheep looking for a shepherd. Maybe you've been letting the incense smoke and potion fumes go to your head."
    Last edited by DreadPirateH; 2020-06-11 at 11:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155

PirateGuy

JigaWatt
    Conditions: Afraid
    Show
    • Freak: +3
    • Danger: -2
    • Mundane: -2

Show
    • Stage-fighting: When you directly engage a threat with an audience watching, mark a condition to roll + Superior instead of Danger.

• Time for the show: When you put on a flamboyant display of your powers, roll + Superior.
      On a 7-9, name one NPC present.
      On a 10+, name two NPCs present.
      The named NPCs must either volunteer help or information, express admiration, or ask for your help, GM’s choice.
      On a miss, your display catches someone watching in the wrong way.

• The gossip mags: When you tap into the gossip and rumor of the celebrity industry for information on an important city figure, roll + Superior. On a hit, you can ask the GM questions. On a 10+, ask three. On a 7-9, ask one:
      - What are they up to?
      - What or who do they most care about?
      - What allies do they have? Enemies?
      - Where and when can I find them?
      - How could I make them vulnerable to me?
      On a miss, ask one anyway, but they hear about your interest in them.
    • Suck it, Domitian: When you stand strong while dramatically under fire, roll + Savior instead of + Danger to directly engage a threat.

Why? For a moment, Jigawatt wasn't even sure he understood what Liminal was asking. Why?

"Because...you're Team," he said after a long moment, glancing aside at her. "I know you're interested in the League, I figured you'd appreciate most being there," he told her.

Of course, that wasn't the entire truth, now was it?

"And...I'm still rattled from that encounter last night," he admitted, his tone very low and not even coming close to meeting her gaze now. "With the mind reader," he elaborated. "If she'd latched onto me, who knows what would have happened? She could have found out everything I knew about you guys, or worse I could have been under her control, who knows?" JigaWatt shivered despite himself.

"She...she scared me. And I'm still afraid," he admitted. "And...not just of her. I feel like I'm so out of my league sometimes, I'm not really the same kind of hero you guys are. I can't fight worth anything, you've seen that for yourself," he added miserably. "But I have to keep pushing forward with this, making like it's just one more fun and cool stunt so I don’t piss off my fans."

Speaking of which, it was a good thing he wasn't recording any this; his fans wouldn't understand.

"You won't…tell anyone about this, right?" he asked, finally turning his eyes on Liminal again. Given how irritated she has the right to be with him, that's not a sure thing....

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Team move; sharing a weakness with Liminal. Are you going to tell anyone?

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Fox
    Conditions:

Potential: 3/5

Fox offers a single, languid shrug. "Prejudice feeds you. A hollow meal." What was he really to say? To deny it would be to affirm it, it would seem. A handsome catch 22 however it was looked at. There was more he wished to say, especially to this Knight of Albion, but the team would be coming soon. It would probably not look good if they were at one another's throats. "We remain steadfast. Delphi would doom this team. We know her. That should be enough."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Errant White
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

Aiden crosses his armored arms, widening his stance unconsciously. This was going nowhere. "What are you talking about? What doom? Can you talk like a normal person for once?"

8. - Top - End - #158

Zombie

Liminal
    Show

Show
    • The Mask: You wear a mask and hide your real identity. You embody Freak while wearing your mask.
      Once per session, you can affirm either your heroic or secret identity to switch your Mundane with your mask’s Label. When you reveal your secret identity to someone who didn’t know it already, mark potential.

• Mild-mannered: When you try to use your civilian identity to deceive, trick, or slip past someone, roll + Mundane. On a hit they buy your facade. On a 7-9, choose one:

• Game face: When you commit yourself to save someone or defeat a terrible enemy, mark a condition and take +1 ongoing to all rolls in direct pursuit of that goal. At the end of any scene in which you don’t make progress towards that goal, mark a condition. When you fulfill your goal, mark potential.

• Thick and thin skinned: Whenever you have Angry marked, take +1 ongoing to unleash your powers.

Liminal was taken aback by JigaWatt's raw honesty. She had followed his content for a long time now, and at no point had she ever seen this side of him before. Part of her wondered how much of it was just an attempt at humility, as he'd just spent hours negotiating with the most powerful superheroes in the city, but another part of her desperately wanted it to be true. If someone else on her team was insecure about their place in everything, then she was finally in good company.

It was almost enough to drown out the tiny voice that kept reminder her that the Team knew literally nothing about her besides the mask. How much would it hurt to let just a little of Teagan show?

Liminal shook her head. The last thing she needed today was to spill her guts out to JigaWatt. The fact that he could at least act this vulnerable towards her meant a lot, but this wasn't the right time for a pity party. It was time to bounce back and slip her figurative mask back on.

"Oh, I'm telling everyone, JW," Liminal shot back with a wry grin. Her neck stretched a little longer so that she could get a better vantage point to tease her teammate. "The great JigaWatt's afraid of what his fangirls might think! How scandalous!"

Her neck whipped around and her hands stretched up to make a faux megaphone as she pretended to shout the news. "Extra! Extra! Teen vigilante has self-doubts!"

With a giggle, she finally settled back into her usual form. "Sorry, but I don't think any of us are 'fighters', JW. I mean, besides Errant. Anyways I was the one who got thrown into a wall, remember? I think you got out of that fine. And you even escaped from a Telepath! That'd make a pretty cool story, right? Embellish a little!"

Liminal paused for a moment, a pensive look crossing her face.

"Though the thought of you being mind-controlled is certainly compelling. Would they base your personality off of your videos? How could anyone tell the difference! Would they even make uploads for you?" Liminal gave a small mock gasp as she began walking towards the Team's meeting point. "What if you tell them everything we don't know about Fox! How will he ever be dark and mysterious again!?"

9. - Top - End - #159

PirateGuy

JigaWatt
    Conditions:
    Show

Show
    • Stage-fighting: When you directly engage a threat with an audience watching, mark a condition to roll + Superior instead of Danger.

• Time for the show: When you put on a flamboyant display of your powers, roll + Superior.
      The named NPCs must either volunteer help or information, express admiration, or ask for your help, GM’s choice.

• The gossip mags: When you tap into the gossip and rumor of the celebrity industry for information on an important city figure, roll + Superior. On a hit, you can ask the GM questions. On a 10+, ask three. On a 7-9, ask one:
      - What are they up to?
    • Suck it, Domitian: When you stand strong while dramatically under fire, roll + Savior instead of + Danger to directly engage a threat.

Liminal's initial affirmation to indeed tell all sends a bolt of panic through JigaWatt, but it soon becomes clear that she's just teasing him, and not in a mean-spirited fashion either. The fact that she still feels comfortable enough to joke around means a lot, and he finally feels that chill knot of fear in his stomach just...melt away.

He's not alone in all this; he has teammates. Maybe even...friends?

"Ha ha, very funny," he shoots back with a wry grin. "You're the one who's extra. Look, you want a lift to the wreckers, or do you think you can beat me there?" he asks, his tone a friendly challenge. Sure, he might get his ass chewed off by the others over not keeping them in the loop – but they're still Team.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Team move successful; clearing Afraid

10. - Top - End - #160

Zombie

Liminal
    Show

Show

Liminal paused for a moment, acting as if she was considering JigaWatt's offer. In truth, all that time spent sitting around in a boring meeting had made her eager for a bit of action, something to loosen herself up a bit. A race combined with the liberal and inadvisable usage of her superpowers sounded like just the right kind of bad idea she'd been waiting for. Liminal tapped her chin pensively while eyeing the nearby street to see if there was anything she could use to get a head start on her teammate. With any luck, he wasn't quite expecting this.

"You want to race, JigaWatt?" She asked with all the incredulity she could muster. Liminal took a step closer, mostly to get a better angle on a nearby street light. "Of all the immature, childish-"

Her arms quickly snapped up and around the nearby street light, twisting until Liminal could feel the tension in her shoulders. She pulled herself back and shot a grin at JigaWatt. Only a moment later, Liminal released the tension, causing her to launch past the light and off into the air like an oversized rubber band. The wind whipped at her face and hair as buildings zoomed by, and she quickly flattened her body and expanded into a large sheet to slow herself down before she slammed into a building. With any luck, she'd have enough of a head start to win this little competition. From her position floating back down to the street, she shot an arm down towards another street light, quickly reeling herself in and then launching herself off again.

Liminal grinned as she flew down another street. Sure, it wasn't exactly sporting, but this was exactly the sort of foolishness she'd been missing over their last few missions.
    Last edited by Kirjath; 2020-06-28 at 09:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #161

PirateGuy

JigaWatt
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

- What are they up to?

JigaWatt barks out a laugh, flipping the steel deck off his back with one hand while turning on his camera with the other.

"Hey hey, my Amp'd!" he cries, energizing his board and taking to the sky in hot pursuit. "What we have here is a genuine superhero race, already in progress." The wind of his passage tears at his clothes as he crackles his way across the sky, making sure he catches the parachuting figure of Liminal on camera. "After generously allowing a head start – or getting' snowed, your call – Imma see if I can catch what is absolutely the most amazingly agile of my teammates. Let's bolt!" Ducking to avoid losing his head to a traffic light, he laughs again with the thrill of the challenge and giving a good show to his viewers.

And hey, if he can get Liminal some fans of her own, that'd be a start on a better apology for earlier, wouldn't it?

12. - Top - End - #162

PirateGuy

JigaWatt
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

- What are they up to?

JigaWatt walks along the wrecking yard pathways alongside Liminal, board stowed again for now. He feels – he hopes – that the impromptu race has done something to start healing the breach that he's inadvertently forced between them; if nothing else, it had certainly been a way to blow off some steam.

Coming into sight of Fox and Errant, already in place and waiting for them, the smile fades from his lips as he contemplates what lies before him.

"So yeah, hey, thanks for coming," he says, reflexively checking once more to make sure his camera isn't recording this. "I, uh, have a bunch of important stuff to tell you guys, starting with an apology for not coming to you with it sooner," he tells then, uncharacteristically abashed. "My only defense is the fact the last twenty four hours have been wild," the star admits with a lopsided grin.

Oh, they are not going to be happy with him.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

Errant White
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

Errant, already on edge from Fox's cryptic games, is not in the mood for more surprises. "Did something happen? Were you attacked?"

14. - Top - End - #164

Zombie

Liminal
    Show

Show

By the time she'd managed to vault her way towards the meeting point, Liminal's shoulders were deeply wishing she'd accepted JigaWatt's offer for a ride. It wasn't difficult to stretch like she did, but doing so again and again in rapid succession wasn't a pleasant feeling. Her arms were going to be a few inches longer for a few hours, and there wasn't much she could do about that.

Adding insult to injury, JigaWatt had beaten her to the meeting point. Liminal arrived just a few moments after he did, still a little winded from the exertion of pseudo-flying despite her lack of complimentary powers. He seemed to already be talking with Errant White and Fox, though she'd missed everything up until Errant answered him.

"You told them about the telepath already?" She huffed in answer to Errant's question. "I thought you woulda lead with the League thing."

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Fox
    Conditions:

Potential: 4/5

Fox prayed to the many Totems he knew that the team had come in and interrupted what was about to spiral into something uncomfortable. It was troubling that Jigawatt was attacked, more troubling that he hadn't told anyone...or almost anyone as Liminal splits into the scene...but Jigawatt had his own practice outside of the team. An image to maintain even if he felt it diminished the good the hero was trying to do for cheap vanity. It was the other thing that Liminal said that made his already bubbling blood boil.

"You both went and spoke to the League without informing us?"
    A small hint of fury leaked past the typically stoic facade. "We imagine he roped you into this, Liminal, condolences. I would not take you to be so careless with what amounts to honor in this band. The other two..." he trailed off, shooting a glance between Errant and Jigawatt. "What were you thinking, taking such a move without us? Is this how our team is to operate? Cloak, daggers and shadow?"
    Last edited by Razade; 2020-08-10 at 11:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166

PirateGuy

JigaWatt
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

- What are they up to?

Well. That’s certainly one way of getting the ball rolling, although it’s moving quite a bit more briskly already than JigaWatt is comfortable with.

"Uh, not attacked, exactly," he backpedals, as misunderstandings start immediately spiralling out of control. "Okay, look, here’s what happened," he says a touch desperately, and launches into his explanation.

The request for aid from his fans. The deluge of tips, mostly blatantly useless. The inside details from Faith on a more radical faction of Human Interest. The inside info on the tech dumps and the connections to Lang and her company. His confirmation scouting and the near miss with the mentalist (downplaying how goddamn much that had scared him). The crossover between information sources that points directly at the rally. The meeting with the League, touching only lightly on the video-editing deal, segueing right into offering the above information up to the League, and his insistence the Team be at the rally.

"Everything just moved so fast, it got out of hand," he concludes, feeling miserable. "I didn’t mean to leave any of you out of the loop on this; I just didn't get a chance to meet up and lay it out for y'all before everything broke loose."

He's all too aware that a mere apology is insufficient; but it's a necessary start.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Fox
    Conditions:
    Angry

Fox remains silent through it all, though inwardly he roiled. Making decisions with the League without checking with the rest of the team rankled him most. It was unfortunate that Jigawatt had been roughed up a little though all the more reason not to run off by yourself, he felt. "You are alive, at least." he finally says, tone measured even as his hands curl into fists. "Perhaps that fear will motivate you to not be so careless in the future. However that does not absolve you of your agreement with the League. If we are a team, we cannot accept deals without conference. None here speak for the full team. We must move in lockstep or we are pulled to the four winds. That will be our undoing."
    Last edited by Razade; 2020-07-21 at 10:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Errant White
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

While his helmet remains impassive, the boy inside it does not. Aiden is on a rollercoaster of emotions as he listens to JigaWatt weave his story, and by the end, he's not sure how to feel. Concern? Anger? Fear? Elation? It's a complicated tapestry.

He knows one thing for sure, though. He's not about to agree with Fox.

"It doesn't matter now. The agreement has been made already. Let's not act like that's a bad thing. We got lucky with Dr. Moreau, but it could have gone a lot worse. This way, we won't mess anything up. Anyway, it sounds like we have a rally to attend. We should focus our energy on planning that battle instead of fighting each other."

19. - Top - End - #169

PirateGuy

JigaWatt
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

- What are they up to?

For a moment, JigaWatt isn’t sure how to react. He was sure – he was certain – that the others would tear a strip off his back, and rightfully so, in his opinion. He’s too used to, still, being a solo act, and conferring with others over important issues wasn’t always at the forefront of his mind.

But...other than some arguably mild grumbling about his methods, the Team seemed to be willing to let those issues lie in favour of dealing with the problems uncovered by them.

"You guys. I just…" He trailed off as the words eluded him.

JigaWatt was at a loss for words.

Mark it on your calendar.

"I’m sorry for how I screwed up; I’ll be mindful of that from now on," he vowed. "We’re a team – we’re The Team – and we need to all do this together."

He’s got to make things a little more right, if he can.

"I’ve got all the data we can look at, go over what’s there, make plans? Maybe you guys will see things I missed," he suggested; heavens knows that’s possible.

"Did...you guys want to come back to my place, look at what we’ve got to work with?" he offered tentatively.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Fox
    Conditions:
    Angry

Fox can't help but stare at Jigawatt, his mouth open beyond the mask as if he'd just been slapped. For the briefest of moments, the act slipped and a strained laugh escapes his lips. Not an easy sound, ill-practiced and cut short. "You must be mad." he chokes, waving a hand as if to dismiss the invitation like it were a swarm of angry bees. "We might be seen, traced back to you. Have you no appreciation for the work? This is not stage play. Your family may be harmed."

21. - Top - End - #171

PirateGuy

JigaWatt
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

- What are they up to?

JigaWatt almost doesn’t know how to process that.

"What? I…" He shakes his head. "Have you never watched my channel, fam?" he asks, almost wounded by the implication.

"I mean, I don’t actively give out my home address, but it’s not like folks don’t know who I am," he explains. He’s a celebrity, after all.

And...the implications of that suddenly mean a little more than he’s let himself dwell on. Sure, being a social media celebrity having people being able to find you can be an inconvenience.

Being a hero going head to head with legit villains? The fallout from that could be a great deal more serious.

But.

Too late to put that particular genie back in the bottle.

"Besides, if we can stealth into hostile territory with your sick spells, I’m pretty sure we can get into my hood without trouble," he temporized.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Orc in the Playground

Errant White
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

Errant White raises a gauntleted hand to the back of his neck. Thanks to the magic spell that creates the armor it doesn't have the same clanging and clattering that real plate armor would, but he's hardly inconspicuous. "I don't think it's a good idea. There's obviously something going on here and it's not smart to draw extra attention to ourselves. Somebody knew you were going to the warehouse before you did. If we all go to your house right now, we could be putting a giant target up. You can send your data over Veil and we can handle it remotely."

23. - Top - End - #173

PirateGuy

JigaWatt
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

- What are they up to?

JigaWatt seems to deflate slightly. He...well, he just wants to make things up to the others, but they've got a point.

"Yeah, you're probably right," he agrees, now really starting to worry about his moms. If whatever source of foreknowledge the opposition has could be brought to bear on him specifically, it could put the people he loves in danger. Is he...going to have to get some sort of hideaway of his own to engage in his new heroic pursuits? Maybe a place for the whole team to gather at need?

Something to worry about later, unfortunately.

"I'll upload the files and send you guys a link," he promises. "Sorry to drag you all out here; should we split, give you guys a chance to go over all of this and we can figure out a plan of action?" he suggests.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Fox
    Conditions:
    Angry

"We have other business."

Getting Delphi's conversation with him out of the way was probably for the best. He'd promised to bring it up, the prophecy and all that nonsense, to her and he wouldn't go on without fulfilling it. He owed her that much considering the rest he had to say on the matter. He produced the well written piece of paper from his robes, brandishing it in the air like it were venomous. "Delphi has made contact with us. A prophecy and a proposal. The latter of which we suggest we decline. Her oracle may indeed produce truths but the woman is not to be trusted. She does not have our best interests in mind. She seeks to push the agenda of the League and her mentor. We have already slipped into their game without consultation once. We will not be satisfied without the three of you agreeing with this request. Do not make contact with Delphi. Refuse her contact if she seeks you out. She is dangerous, more than you can know. Turn her away."

He of course wanted such an agreement for more than the obvious reason. Keeping what amounted to family as far from these three also helped keep them from discovering anything about him specifically. Any threads from his personal life he could sever the better. "On to the former. We will let you read for yourself. It means as much to me what it says as what you will glean from it. Prophecy and Fate are the enemies, we will defy them."
    Last edited by Razade; 2020-08-10 at 11:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

PirateGuy

JigaWatt
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

- What are they up to?

JigaWatt winces at the deservedly unsubtle reminder of his recent transgression, but takes the proffered paper and quickly reads through it.

"That...reads like a prophecy," he agrees – he’s got no idea of what any of that might mean, off the top of his head. "We can totally go over that too, see what we can figure out by putting our heads together."

Pulling out his phone, he snaps a picture of the writing and sends it to their group chat, so they all have a copy to look over.

"So, uh, yeah – share information, don’t get further entangled with the League, stay safe – we got anything else to go over, or should we all get the hell out of here?" he summarises, feeling he’s already wasted enough of the others’ time with his thoughtlessness.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Errant White
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

Errant gets the message, but ignores it. Instead he scowls at Fox, but the effect is lost with his expression concealed behind his helm. "Just because JigaWatt screwed up doesn't mean you get to make demands like that! It's obvious you don't like the League. But they're big fish, and we're little fish. They're working this case too, and we almost blew it for them last time. If we screw it up for them, the bad guys win and people get hurt! Why is that so hard for you to understand?"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Fox
    Conditions:
    Angry

"It is not predicated on JigaWatt's misstep. Like rain in the desert, it is forgotten." Fox does not even turn to look at Errant, keeping a level gaze at the fame hungry hero. "He was only trying to do what he thought right. He has apologized." It would be different if he did it again, to his mind, but he hoped that that wouldn't be a concern. Big fish, little fish, red fish, blue fish, it didn't matter if the pond you thought you were in wasn't in fact a big cave and what you thought were two fish was just one with a large shadow. He couldn't prove it, it was the paranoid spiders born from living in secret, but the feeling that New Dawn and the League weren't merely a reflection of each other. One very large and intricate creature their simple eyes couldn't truly glean in its vast and terrible aspect.

He wanted to point out that it was also Jigawatt that had put them in danger at the warehouse, Liminal and himself took care of their ends as needed but that seemed an unkind and unnecessary jab in the moment. "Our likes and dislikes do not enter into this request. You are not looking at this objectively, your biases and distrusts cloud your better judgement. We arefamiliar with them in ways you are not, we have seen their shadows. The League is interested only in the League, why make common cause with those who are disinterested in your wellbeing until it can benefit them. You would rather take their word over one within your own team, that is what we find most distressing. To stand with those who do not have your better interest in mind over one who has fought alongside you. Your callous disregard for our input will be our ruin. We will not let you be an anchor, we will not drown with you nor will we watch you drown yourself. Jigawatt. Liminal. Errant has said his peace. What say you."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Bugbear in the Playground

Team Meeting

Through most of the heated conversation, Liminal has been silent. With each bitter exchange she retreated further and further into herself, seeming to almost shrink - or maybe she is actually shrinking, given her unique powerset. Her thoughts are in chaos, torn between everything being said and everything left unsaid, and when Fox finally addresses her directly, she blinks hard as if waking from a dream.

"I..."

She swallows, then looks away. She can't meet your gaze - any of your gazes.

"I think I'm already drowning. Right now my brother is probably getting into trouble at home, and I have a shift today that I can't afford to be late for, and everything that's going on is just too much and I'm not ready to be a hero. I don't fit in here. I'm not like the three of you."

She takes a few steps back, then finally brings herself to look at each of you in turn. "Fox, you have more power in one spell than I'll ever have, no matter how hard I train. You have secret sources and mysterious goals and you have a reason to be here. Errant, you've got convictions that drive you and an ancient legacy backing you up, and you're incredible in a fight. JigaWatt, you have fans and an audience and you can stand in a room with superstar superheroes and somehow keep up with them and negotiate with them."

"What am I supposed to bring to this team? What could I possibly do that wouldn't pale in comparison? I'm just playing hero. Pretending. I don't... I don't deserve to be here. I'm sorry."

Liminal starts crying, and then she's running, using her power to stretch her legs and bound off into the city. She's gone.
    Some kind of word-witch. She/her. Find more of my stuff at my new website!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Fox
    Conditions:
    Angry

It was all so quick, as was often the case with Liminal. An outpouring of emotion and it was all he could do to offer an admittedly feeble "Your heart." before she fled. No sense in saying more then. "Very well then. All the more reason to stick together. If there is nothing else, there is no use salvaging this."

30. - Top - End - #180

PirateGuy

JigaWatt
    Conditions:
    Show

Show

- What are they up to?

JigaWatt spluttered, trying to put together the right words, but Liminal was already bolting by the time he found his tongue.

"…she’ll be all right. She’s just having one of those self-doubt moments, we all have them," he says confidently. He’ll have to send her a message later, making sure she’s okay. In hindsight, perhaps dragging her to that meeting with little warning wasn’t the best move.

"So, yeah, agreed. As awkward a start as that was, let’s split and see what we each come up with. This is big; we need to be ready." He himself has been patently unready a few times in the past, and it never, ever, went well. He’s all about proper prep now.