New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Abomination in the Slums IC

"I'll do my utmost, though you should turn to our operative in the city first for assistance."

Spoiler: Cannis in Urratik
    Show
    He refers to the svirfneblin operative Gerridon Ulmark, the main Cannis operative in Urratik. Any member of House Cannis would have probably have met him and have enough familiarity with him to cast Sending.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

"Very good, Master. I'll see you once we've crushed some constructs." He bows, and heads for the door.

3. - Top - End - #33

Inclining her head to Severin, Minerva murmurs, ”My lord,” before following and leaving the temple.

Lengthening and quickening her stride slightly, she catches up to Michel. “So, I don’t suppose you have a large amount of hidden experience with plagues, do you?”

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Michel shakes his head as he and Minerva walk. "No. No, hunting a plague is new territory for me. I have hunted constructs before, and you probably have too. Though I've never had to deal with a Xelios creation before."

Michel sighs. "I can't believe any still function after so long. At least Xelios himself doesn't... I hope." He laughs a little nervously, because he's not sure if he's joking or not.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2019-11-13 at 11:33 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Don't jinx us, Silk says. You're just asking for trouble.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Michel snorts. "What, am I going to resurrect him with jokes? He's either dead or he's not. And realistically, it's probably the first one."

Despite his about-face, he's still visibly nervous about the topic of discussion.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2019-11-14 at 11:34 AM. Reason: clarification of body language

7. - Top - End - #37

As Minerva turns to look at the newcomer, a raven swoops down from a perch high on the exterior of the temple and settles on her left shoulder.

Minerva eyes the tabaxi for a moment. ”Little Silk, wasn’t it? Pleasure. I believe I’ll ask you the same question: any experience with plagues? Or medicine in general, perhaps?”

8. - Top - End - #38

I don't. But someone I know might. Give me ten minutes, she says, summoning Kurnoth and beginning to chant quietly.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Casting Commune With Ancestors as a ritual.

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #39

As you close your eyes and commune with those who came before, you see in the depths of your vision a familiar memory from your own past. Pink fire, your tribespeople screaming and running in fright, and dark leathery flesh of a misshapen form. When your eyes open again, you are bathed in a cold sweat.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Michel looks over his obviously shaken comrade with detached concern. "Are.. Are you okay?"
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2019-11-15 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Ugly hard return

11. - Top - End - #41

I will be, Silk answers. But we should be cautious-I feel that there's something more sinister than mere sickness here.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #42

Minerva watches Silk with mild interest, taking note of her state once the spell is finished. ”More sinister? In what manner? A trap?”

Her raven ruffles it feathers briefly and, without glancing at it, she nods very slightly, still waiting to see what Silk might add.

13. - Top - End - #43

Perhaps... she says, not elaborating. How will we be getting there? she adds to change the subject.

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can teleport us there. I don't have the spell prepared, but that doesn't actually have to stop me."

Michel knew he shouldn't, but... "One last question, before we move: did you learn anything of note by doing... whatever it was you just did? For instance, can you confirm that there's a Xelios construct involved, or tell us what part of the city's infrastructure the construct infested or... can you at least confirm (and hopefully explain) the presence of... pink fire?"

15. - Top - End - #45

Pink fire, yes, Silk says, her tone indicating she'd rather not talk more. I can't guarantee it's accurate, but to the best of my capabilities, it is.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

"I see."

Michel hesitates for a long moment, but decides to let Silk drop the subject. "So... does teleporting sound good to everyone? I know it can be a temperamental spell..." Michel laughs a bit and raises the right sleeve of his robes to reveal some old but still visible scars on his arm. "But there's a teleportation circle in the main Cannis compound that I can aim for. There's no risk of any... unpleasant complications."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2019-11-15 at 09:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

RangerGuy

Lethuil shrugs. "If it gets us there and gets the job done faster, then I'm all for it."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Michel nods. "Very good."

He turns to the others. "Do the rest of you agree?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree, let us leave now. My thirst is growing stronger as we wait. Zed the Ruiner of the Night said gripping the hilt of his sword.

20. - Top - End - #50

Minerva remains quiet as the others discuss teleportation. With the various assents to the idea, however, she gives a slightly reluctant nod. ”It does seem efficient. Let’s proceed.”

21. - Top - End - #51

Silk nods in agreement.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Skip to the slums?

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Mungo representatives take you to the nearest teleportation circle, where the arcane among you take the time to write out the proper runes to get to the Cannis base in Urratik. After a few minutes, the circle is complete. You all stand on the circle as your mages chant out the proper syllables, and with a flash and a blast of interplanar cold, you find yourselves in a white marble gazebo in a pleasant garden. A few Cannis operatives in black and green robes are striding across the promenade. As you phase into reality, they turn to take a look, then return to their business unfazed.

You are standing in the manor of Gerridon Ulmark. What do you do now?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

"I always feel weird having someone else teleport me... Anyway, the master of this manor probably already knows we're here. But the proper thing to do is find him and announce our presence, if only as a formality."

Michel looks around. "Unless he's already here to greet us..."

24. - Top - End - #54

Silk peers about, seeing if she can find anyone. Assuming she spots a servant, she says You there! Could you alert Master Ulmark of our arrival?

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

During the conversation thus far, Gregor has maintained a studied calm, as if waiting patiently for others to move them forward. Smiling slightly to himself, he nods quietly when teleportation is suggested as a method of travel. Narrowing his eyes in thought as the circle is prepared, he pulls a small mirror from his back pocket, followed by a small selection of powders. "Now... who was I in Urratik.... Ah. Yes." Each movement is practiced and quick, and though any single layer of powder, jell or pencil seems to do little, over the course of several minutes Gregor is remade. Standing now before you is a bronze-skinned half-elf, their hair artfully disheveled. Pulling a motley entertainer's outfit from the unknown depths of his cloak, Gregor turns casually away from the group and as if alone in the room strips then quickly dresses in this new costume. In the span of perhaps fifteen minutes, the sinister and cold Mr. Petryavik has been replaced. His body relaxed in a way that has him seemingly leaning back slightly while standing in place, his heavy-lidded eyes scan those around him. A playful smirk seemingly etched permanently on his features, he showily bows, stringing a lute. In a smooth contralto he speaks "My name is Nerar Fortleaf... but you, my friends... you can call me Never."

He smiles with his eyeteeth for a moment, a flash of Mr. Petryavik. "I am... known to some degree here, as one or more tavern have had the pleasure. I know a few likely fellows whose very lives mean they keep an ear out. I'd suggest 'The Farmer's Daughter' as our first port of call." He looks in the direction the servant scuttled, shrugging slightly then flashing an easy smile at Silk. "Well.... after we conclude our inquiries here of course."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    I can change the tavern name if you like, and let me know if presuming any foreknowledge is a step too far and I'll remake that portion of course :)

For any that look as he strips, Gregor Petryavik is lean to the point of almost appearing ill. His muscles show clearly through his skin, as does a series of deep scars across his back, clearly the result of being flayed by a cat o' nine tails at some point. Apart from that he is noticeably hairless on chest, back and legs. Boxers concealed the remainder of his potential hair and/or hairlessness.
    Last edited by Joeluma; 2019-11-19 at 09:25 PM.
    "A troubled mind is the first sign of intelligence."

26. - Top - End - #56

Grimacing faintly following the teleportation, Minerva takes in their new surroundings and is pleased to see more members of House Cannis around.

Taking little interest in Mr Petryavik‘s disguising, she takes a few steps away from the teleportation circle and, as Silk calls out for them to be announced, seats herself on a nearby marble bench. “Charming here this time of year,” she says idly. “Shame about the plague...”

27. - Top - End - #57

Silk beckons a servant, who quickly dashes off to retrieve her master. He'll be present in about five minutes. Whatever your characters do in that time is their choice.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

"It might be worth stopping there, but we don't need to sleep there: Gerridon will probably be willing to let us sleep here."

"After that, maybe we should call at the Weeping Boar? I've heard good things about that place."

29. - Top - End - #59

I want to get a report on the situation from those present here, first, Silk says. Eyes from afar aren't as good as a current vigil.

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course. But we'll need to conduct our own investigation as well, and what better place to start than the taverns?"