New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Abomination in the Slums IC

”My House as well, Michel,” Minerva says, looking amused. She pats him on the arm and proceeds inside. Stopping a few feet within, she takes stock of the interior, glancing over the patrons.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

"Right. Sorry. Yours too. Well, let's try to suspend our favoritism until we're sure this place isn't tainted." He makes a quick gesture and moves his lips.

Spoiler: Cantrip Message to Minerva
    Show
    "More tainted than usual, I mean."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I misread the final list of who was in what house. This whole time, I'd thought Minerva was in House Raventree.
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2019-12-10 at 04:33 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93

Gaze roving over the room, Minerva spares a brief glance back at Michel, mouthing a few words before returning her attention to the room.

Spoiler: Message reply
    Show
    ”Five gold says there’s not a clean table to be found.”

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    No worries! I think it works fine in character.

4. - Top - End - #94

RangerGuy

The elf simply chuckles, "And mine, you know. But yes, not consuming anything is likely wise unless we wish to add plague to our list of problems."

As he steps into the room, he first scans the room to look for any threats. Upon finding none, he then proceeds to look for an empty table.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Zed the Ruiner of the Night Zed heeds the warning and inscribed the rune of the Hill giants on his shield.
    Spoiler: rune
    Show
    this rune Grant's advantage against poison and resistance against poison until a long rest.
    He stays outside of the tavern , watching the fight.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2019-12-10 at 05:41 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Michel nods an apology to Lethuil as well, and joins the search for an empty table.

7. - Top - End - #97

Zed watches the brawl. It's brutal, joyless, and moderately long. Finally, after about five minutes, the dwarf woman slumps into unconsciousness and the cut-covered goliath stands and brushes himself off. He huffs and walks off, leaving the woman bleeding out in a pool of glass.

Meanwhile, inside the quiet tavern is conversing in quiet tones as a small fire tries in vain to warm the place. You find a relatively large table, large enough to seat all of you, present in the back corner. A sleepy-looking kenku mans the bar.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

8. - Top - End - #98

Though tempted to coax the meagre fire into a greater blaze, Minerva refrains. Her raven flutters up to perch somewhere above with a wide view of the room as she carefully seats herself at what she deems one of the more acceptable chairs at the table.

As the others file in, she studies the kenku behind the bar for a moment before looking around the group. ”As this is a group effort, it seems only fair to ask: how do we approach this? Upfront or with some subtlety?” Her voice is low with a friendly tone.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Zed Ruiner of the NightZed looks for two poor looking lads. Fingering a gold coin he flips it to them. "Get rid of the body." He finally makes his way into the inn, standing close by the table but not sitting even if offered.
    Last edited by gryffydd65; 2019-12-12 at 12:09 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'd argue for subtlety. It's worked for me so far."

He barely registers the dead dwarven woman on the other side of the broken window... until he sees out of the corner of his eye that she's still breathing.

"One second."

He heads back out the door, and towards the two men taking her away to be disposed of. "You should each get a gold piece out of this, right? To save you the trouble of getting change and splitting it." Michel pulls one out of his belt pouch and hands it over to whoever wasn't holding the first one. "See if you can get her to the House of Hope before she bleeds out. If she dies, take her there anyway, so that I know you tried. Tell them Michel, graduate of the Cannis apprentice tower, will pay them to treat her. And ask them not to let her leave before he gets there, and to try to have her in good enough condition to work after they're done, since he's not doing this for charity."

"Now, since I'm not going to be stage-managing you, you could cheat me..." Michel mutters under his breath, and lights dance in his hand. "But then I'll have to find you and help you recoup my losses. You don't want me to do that. I'll be in contact with the House of Hope tonight to ask whether she's going to work off the gold Zed and I spent on this, or whether we're finding hard labor for you two."
    Last edited by whiteflash; 2019-12-14 at 04:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101

The men nod to you, and grunt as they begin the long trek to the House of Hope.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Michel mutters a few words under his breath as they leave, and raises his eyebrows.

He walks back into the bar.

"Well, there might be some money in that for us," he says to Zed. "All right, where were we?"

13. - Top - End - #103

”Subtlety,” Minerva answers, looking out as the dwarf is carried away. “I agree,” she adds, returning her attention to the group around the table.

“We will need a sense of how things are to avoid blundering into the unexpected. Those constructs, in particular.”

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Michel nodded. "That shouldn't be too hard. The constructs can't be too subtle themselves. Right?"

15. - Top - End - #105

Minerva smiles gently. ”It’s not so much finding them that I’d be concerned about, Michel. It’s how they need to be dealt with that seems more important.”

She pauses, eyeing him for a moment. “I don’t suppose you have experience with such creations?” She glances around at the others. “Any of you?”