Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cracks of the Multiverse IC

General Dream
    Miqo'te Beastmaster/Sleepy Cat & Rem & Sleepnear & Nap
    AC: 15 HP: 108/108 & AC: 18 HP: 162/162 & AC: 13 HP: 68/68 & AC: 12 HP: 2/2
    PP: 20/15/11/13 PIv: 10/7/10/6 PIs: 20/12/11/11
    Senses: DV 60ft. Adv Smell. Rem: Blindsight 60ft. Nap: DV 30 ft. Adv Smell.
    Concentrating on: -- Rem: --
    Conditions: -- Rem: -- Sleepnear: -- Nap: --

"Does 'Crazy One' outrank 'Crazy Two'? Are you used to being the leader?" The cat who tried to lick some stones to see if that did anything asks.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

"Sanity won't get you far! Ahaha!" Hungry Hourglass laughed, and let her allies have their turn in the game.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

As Suzie inputs Amethyst-Quartz-Ruby-Emerald-Obsidian, a low rumble emits from the wall as it lifts upwards, revealing a dark corridor beyond, the same width as the box. Columns flank the space, the ceiling so high your lights cannot reach it. A tile mosaic covers the floor, iconography of vines wrapping around chains crisscrossing the space. The air feels stale and undisturbed.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

"Leander." The miniature bone golem perched on her shoulder and listened for instructions. She laid a finger on Leander's beak and it vanished into a ghostly transparency.

She sent Leander ahead down the hallway, sharing his senses to see all that was in their path.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

General Dream

"Oh good! Now there's space for Rem! Come on out and say hello to everybody Rem! And guard there until Leander comes back."
    As Dream says this, a weird nightmare monster that looks like it's part spider part shark appears in the entry to the hallway. It waves a curved blade-like appendage at everyone and then turns around to keep watch of the hallway for any dangers.

Spoiler: Rem's current form picture
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Dawn looking at the others, well nothing creepy about this is there, as she looks and listens down the hall for any possible clues of potential danger.
    Spoiler: checks&rolls
    Show

Investigation (1d20+7)[25]
    Perception (1d20+10)[24]

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Hungry Hourglass. "You should take a better look.' her diffrent eyes glow for a moment

Spoiler: Guidance
    Show

casting guidance on Dawn
    (1d4)[3](3)

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #68

As various creatures manifest, disappear and and scurry off into the hallway, Dawn takes a look across the massive space. Looking closer at the tiles on the ground, she sees that there's a large square divided into three smaller ones, each small square ten feet by ten feet. These panels are marked by small gaps between them. These sets of squares are about twenty feet ahead of you.

As the hallway grows louder and more echo-y with your cries, the faint sounds of gears beginning to turn tickles all of your ears.

Spoiler: Leander
    Show
    Leander sees the hallway extends for about 120 feet before ending at a massive iron portcullis. The closer Leander flies to the portcullis, the louder and slightly faster the ticking gets.
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2019-11-20 at 12:40 PM.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

"Do you know what the best part of generating your own minions is?" Susie asked the others, her eyes looking elsewhere.
    "You can replace them if they die."
    She sent Leander to fly through a gap in the portcullis. Hopefully his invisibility would protect him. If not... she'd make a new Leander the next day.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

10. - Top - End - #70

The invisible familiar flies into the portcullis, narrowly scraping past the tightly-set iron bars. Beyond which, a blast of steam hits them in the face. Everybody hears the gears come to a crescendo of noise as Leander is crushed by some indistinct mechanical mass. The ticking returns to a fast regular pace, louder than it was before.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

"Unfortunate." Susie clapped her hands and her bat popped into place.
    "Terese. You're on Leander duty."
    Shen then addressed the others. "There is a machine beyond an iron portcullis ahead. I think it'll be a fight. Make any preparations you need and then we will face it."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

"Good. I'm quite ready for a fight."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

"Finally! I have starved since two hours from now!'
    She raise her hands and start to chant in backward.
    "I ma yrgnuh ssalgruoh dnammoc yrgnuh ssalgruoh ot tcetorp yrgnuh ssalgruoh!" and then for a moment a golden glow cover her.

Meta:cast protection against evil/good.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

General Dream

"Are you sure it's not a trap? Or do you just fight every machine you find?" Dream asks.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

this spot in the floor looks like it is a trap, possibly a pit. looking as well as pointing at the large tri-sected square and the area around it to determine if it can be avoided all together.
    Spoiler: rolls&checks
    Show

perception (1d20+10)[20]
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-11-21 at 01:52 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

"Of course it's a trap," Susie answered.
    "But we have to go that way anyway, and if you all were worth bringing along over five zombies I could have made myself then it shouldn't be a problem." Susie opened both of her eyes wide and pointed her father''s heart at her face from its ruby cage as she cast Darkvision on herself.
    "But if it makes you feel any better I can send Debbie first. She dies like a champ." The Wight holding the glowing reliquary stepped forward to lead the party.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77

Dawn inspects the pit as the wight exits into the hall. Dawn concludes that the pit has a very slim periphery, but not one that would be generally stable enough to walk on without difficulty. (Acrobatics)

Debbie shambles forward, but a gesture from Suzie stops her in her tracks.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Dawn takes out 50ft of rope uncoiling it then securing it to something or someone nearby then attaches around her waist., then
    activates Uvar (Storm Rune) targeting herself
    Spoiler: Ulvar
    Show

as a bonus action to enter a prophetic state for 1 minute or until you’re incapacitated. Until the state ends, when you or another creature you can see within 60 feet of you makes an attack roll, a saving throw, or an ability check, you can use your reaction to cause the roll to have advantage

After a short meditation she carefully skirts the edge of the periphery to the other side of the pit
    Spoiler: rolls & checks
    Show

Acrobatics: (1d20+8)[26] advantage (1d20+8)[13]
    Athletics: (1d20+9)[15]
    Perception: (1d20+10)[17]

19. - Top - End - #79

Dawn sticks to the thin strip of mosaic not part of the massive square of panels, making her way across successfully without stepping on any of the individual squares within the large one. She quickly ties the rope to a column at the other end, producing a sort of makeshift bridge to help everyone get across without actually stepping on the panels. The ticking incrementally gets louder and faster. As Dawn looks forward, she sees that not thirty feet from this one is another set of panels in a square, exactly like this one. Looking at the size of the cavern, she guesses that there's a third set of squares right in front of the portcullis as well, if all are the same size and equidistant.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Susie and her undead, one by one, followed after Dawn on the rope bridge.
    "Good thinking there, Dawn. Now that I'm this close I can make the rest of our path to the portcullis nice and easy." Susie had Debbie pass the glowing reliquary to Terese, then instructed Terese to fly until the portcullis became visible. With the 80 feet of light supplied by the glowing Reliquary and her earlier transmutations, Susie could see the full path toward the thing and lifted her ruby rod. Nothing seemed to happen, but when Susie took her next step onto the next set of panels she was standing a few inches off of the ground.
    "It's invisible but don't let that bother you. Take a bit of a larger step up but the ground is pretty solid."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

As Suzie and her companions cross, the rope groans and there's a couple of scary moments, but they manage to stay on the stable lip. Suzie casts her incantation and produces the barrier. As she does so, she feels a twinge. As the barrier tries to cover the third set of panels, it dissipates, as if there's something that blocks magic over the last set of panels.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    As the rest of you cross, make me Acrobatics or Athletics checks, DC 15.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

"That's odd... Leander didn't lose his invisibility," Susie murmured to herself. She had Terese fly over the spot the bridge of force had stopped at to see if the light on the reliquary went out.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    "That's odd... Leander didn't lose his invisibility," Susie murmured to herself. She had Terese fly over the spot the bridge of force had stopped at to see if the light on the reliquary went out.
    The light stays on. You get the theory that the range of the antimagic is mere feet above the panels.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Susie's mouth curved in a half-smile as she stepped off of her Wall of Force.
    "Wonderful try, Xelios. This is truly a fortress worthy of me, thanks for building it." She lifted her free hand to be on level with Terese, then lifted her hand another four inches for good measure. Terese lifted up and out of the way and Susie cast a new Wall of Force to make a bridge that would actually work. Susie allowed Debbie and Ahinoam to lift her onto the wall then took a few steps forward, her wights staying back to help the rest of the party onto the bridge she'd made.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Following the others along cautiously
    Spoiler: rolls&checks
    Show

Acrobatics (1d20+8)[26]
    Athletics (1d20+9)[18]
    DC 15

26. - Top - End - #86

You manage to put the wall at a sufficient height so it wouldn't trip the antimagic- about ten feet up. Your wights help you onto the platform. The ticking increases in intensity.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Hungry Hourglass with a wide smile, spread her hands as she try to walk gracefully.

She perk her ears. "Ticking... such a lovely tune. I wonder...'

Spoiler: Meta
    Show

Acrobatic-
    (1d20)[13](13)+2

Casting manipulate clockwork, trying to push any nearby clock backward, to see, if it will affect the ticking.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #88

As Hungry barely makes it across the rope, and the wights help her step up onto the arcane barrier of force, she strides over to the far edge, closest to the portcullis. As she gets closer, the ticking gets faster and faster, almost two clicks per second. Sticking out her hand, she attempts to manipulate whatever is on the other side, but she realizes that it's much too big for her to control like this.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

"How curiouse.' Hungry Hourglass say with an amuse.
    "Well I guess we did explode gloriously. It was exciting!'

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Strombringer quietly brings up the rear.
    Spoiler: crossing check
    Show
    Athletics(1d20+8)[10]