New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post

That's a tricksy switch. Yey stamp get though!

Uh oh, anjean is missing since her battle with that guy...gage? claw arm?

Dude, phantoms with rolly-polly moves? Awesome. Oh sorry, Wrecker Phantoms...

Yes these all count toward the kill count. Kill cloud happens, kill count happens.

Hmm, block puzzle looks interesting, if not a little tedious.
    His name is Byrne and I love him.

Wrecker Phantoms rule, and pad my kill count substantially I see.

Block puzzles are basically always tedious, sadly.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

Good work getting past the hell-flute.

The only thing I can think of to compare that to is blood in the vein that is blue inside the body, but red when it comes out.
    If I'm not mistaken, blood color is dependent upon oxygen content, not whether it's inside or outside of the body. As to differing names, I don't know of any, but maybe the medical profession has technical terms for blood dependent upon whether it's inside or outside of the body or upon its oxygen content.

As to the question of lava or magma, I personally would say that the pools/falls in the fire temple are lava; whether or not the Fire Temple is subterranean, they're exposed to the atmosphere and the air pressure within the Fire Temple is presumably not significantly different from the air pressure outside of it, so as far as the mechanics of the situation go there's little to no meaningful difference between being inside or outside of the Fire Temple.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, blood color is dependent upon oxygen content, not whether it's inside or outside of the body. As to differing names, I don't know of any, but maybe the medical profession has technical terms for blood dependent upon whether it's inside or outside of the body or upon its oxygen content.
    This I knew someone would call me out on, and yes I'm aware. I thought it was a good parallel, seeing that there's likely not a lot of O2 under the crust, as opposed to when it reaches the surface. My headcannon is, once it hits oxygen, magma becomes lava.

Spoiler: Zoid's Trains of Thought (23)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It's time for a birthday Zelda. Woohoo~

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [23] Bryne

Video Length: 41:19

Kind of a long one today, but consider it a make up for last time being so late. Cause that is, partly at least, why this is so long. The other reason it is long is... well, it's time to do one of the worst puzzles in the game. Now I'm sure there's a way to do it (I had DataNinja do some cyber sleuthing to figure it out) and the guide suggested way of doing this feels... not correct? Regardless, I did it the way I did it (twice!!) so I have no regrets.

That said, the real meat and potatoes of this one is what happens AFTER the hell puzzle; we finally confront Byrne in combat. It is probably one of my favorite fights in the entire game, with you dashing around avoiding his spirit wave attacks either through dodging or using Zelda as a shield. Because yes, she's IN this fight with you! Which should have been done way more often, if I do say so myself! After he leaps around a bit, he flings out his grapple claw, preferring to aim at Link. Dodge at the right time and you'll throw him down.

Once he's had enough, it's time for phase two! This is a hard phase since... truthfully I'm not sure what to do. We can clash against him with our sword, kinda like how Zelda can with Gyozords, but Zelda is... a bit slow on the uptake for swording him in the back and he can quickstep away. It seems kinda he kinda has to do his super charge move, and we just have to piss him off enough that he uses it. Once he does, Zelda can catch him and we can spin around to stab this man in the back.

Which is an interesting thought; I think in the entire Zelda series, aside from the Gerudo's in Ocarina of time, this is the first time we've ever like, used our sword on a living human being, right? I mean she he's a Lokomo so he's kind of a fairy elf, but still! At any rate, we get this wonderful scene using Zelda's Lullaby, then walk up to the top of the tower o face down against Malladus and Cole.

It goes as you'd expect, Malladus being unable to properly control his shiny new body, and them having to hitchhike a train ride to somewhere safe while they wait for him to regain his full strength. Darn. Anjean tells us about the secret macguffin we need to save the day, and shows us the way to it. Woohoo!

And that's the video for today. I hope you all enjoyed, this one was rather lengthy and full of chaos. I'll see you all next time for... something else entirely.

Lava puzzle orb is a nice bit of puzzling. I like this area. I'm sorry you had trouble with it. I think I see the solution...oh you're doing it a different way than what i'd do. After much tomfoolery, you have an inkling as to my idea, but in the wrong area. My idea was the marker where you shoot the thing behind the wall, put a arrow shooty thingy there, then one facing down at it from the one where the arrow refill is, and then stand where the other floor marker is directly accross from the activator switch on the right. Then shoot the activator switch, followed by the arrow shooty thingy by the arrow refill. Still, you did it. That's what matters!

Uh oh, its Byrne! Dude this fight is stylish! So are you, have a style point! Awww, link and phantom romantic comradery...ummm...guys...Byrne....dudes like - EW Peace out. And then the big bad peaces out too. Ah, bow of light. Got it, light arrows to the rescue AGAIN.

EPISODE 23 KILL TALLY!

Stalfos - 4
    Geozard - 3
    Rat - 4
    Wrecker Phantom - 2
    Phantom - 2
    Key Master - 4

Style Points - 1

Missed Rupees - 0

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 23)

Spoiler
    Show

Armos - 14
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 25
    Cragma - 1
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 1
    Fire Baba - 8
    Freezard, Mini - 1
    Heatoise - 3
    Key Master - 16
    Lobarrier - 12
    Rats - 13
    Sir Frosty - 50
    Snapper - 3
    Snurgle - 4
    Squiddies - 1
    Wolfos, White - 16

Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 5
    Bulblin, Archer - 10
    Big Blins - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 32
    Chuchus, Ice - 10
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

Keese
    Keese - 13
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 17

Lizal
    Geozard - 5
    Geozard, Chief - 1

Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 5
    Like Like, Chest - 1

Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 37
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 2
    Tektite - 4
    Rocktite - 1
    Skultula - 5

Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 34
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 4
    Octomine - 11
    Phytops - 1

Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantom Eyes - 25
    Phantoms - 5
    Phantoms, Warp - 1
    Phantoms. Wrecker - 2

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 39
    Spinenuts, Green - 1

Stal
    Bubbles - 12
    Stalfos - 15

Vehicles
    Cannon Boats - 21
    Pirate Ships - 1
    Pirate Tanks - 3

Total Things Dead - 555

1st Place - Miniblins, at 57!
    2nd Place - Sir Frosty, at 50!
    3rd Place - Red Spinenuts, at 39!

Total Style Points - 10

Total Missed Rupees - 9
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2020-03-10 at 02:17 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

And we also get a boss-key delivery method that's a step up from a minecart.

5. - Top - End - #275

Lava puzzle orb is a nice bit of puzzling. I like this area. I'm sorry you had trouble with it. I think I see the solution...oh you're doing it a different way than what i'd do. After much tomfoolery, you have an inkling as to my idea, but in the wrong area. My idea was the marker where you shoot the thing behind the wall, put a arrow shooty thingy there, then one facing down at it from the one where the arrow refill is, and then stand where the other floor marker is directly accross from the activator switch on the right. Then shoot the activator switch, followed by the arrow shooty thingy by the arrow refill. Still, you did it. That's what matters!

Uh oh, its Byrne! Dude this fight is stylish! So are you, have a style point! Awww, link and phantom romantic comradery...ummm...guys...Byrne....dudes like - EW Peace out. And then the big bad peaces out too. Ah, bow of light. Got it, light arrows to the rescue AGAIN.
    This combo of frustrating puzzle and wonderful boss is basically a microcosm of everything that is Spirit Tracks. Sometimes it's really, really bad and sometimes it's amazing and there is no middle ground.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly, the logic behind the tunnels looks relatively straightforward... but given that you have to it after Flute Hell and a chased-by-a-monster sequence... yeah.

What kills me, though, is that they basically decided to set up all of the train sections in the weirdest possible way. I think the game would have been vastly improved if there wasn't any train combat.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

7. - Top - End - #277

Ah, but Amechra, everyone who played Phantom Hourglass (and thus are statistically likely to play Spirit tracks) wanted deeper boat mechanics. "Why no boss fight on boat" they cry.

They must be shown why there was no boat fights.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Honestly, the logic behind the tunnels looks relatively straightforward... but given that you have to it after Flute Hell and a chased-by-a-monster sequence... yeah.

What kills me, though, is that they basically decided to set up all of the train sections in the weirdest possible way. I think the game would have been vastly improved if there wasn't any train combat.
    It's straightforwards, but it's just... you have to trial and error. There's no helpful tree branch or face or whatever telling you where to go, so you've basically got a 50/50 chance. Which just ends up being tedious. Thankfully it's short, but, it's just annoying.

Ah, but Amechra, everyone who played Phantom Hourglass (and thus are statistically likely to play Spirit tracks) wanted deeper boat mechanics. "Why no boss fight on boat" they cry.

To be fair, that's an issue a lot of things have. "Oh, people complained about X? Well, overcorrection time!"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

As someone who noped out of Phantom Hourglass (couldn't get the hang of the dang stylus)... that makes a depressing amount of sense.

Alternatively, they just happened to have someone who really loves train sims on their QA team. "This is fine", they said, "I love all of this. Can I have more trains, please?"
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    As someone who noped out of Phantom Hourglass (couldn't get the hang of the dang stylus)... that makes a depressing amount of sense.

Alternatively, they just happened to have someone who really loves train sims on their QA team. "This is fine", they said, "I love all of this. Can I have more trains, please?"
    The lead developer had inspiration for the game based on a children's book wherein the kids laid rails down and built tracks (so, that's clearly why there are lots of sidequests to make tracks reappear), and I imagine that that's why there's at least a few train battles, rather than just exploration. More traintime focus. Combine that with the complaints about lack of boat bosses...

(Also, it always amuses me that apparently ancient pyramid builders love futuristic defenses. There's this pyramid, there's the Ronka Ruins from FFV, there's... )

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    The lead developer had inspiration for the game based on a children's book wherein the kids laid rails down and built tracks (so, that's clearly why there are lots of sidequests to make tracks reappear), and I imagine that that's why there's at least a few train battles, rather than just exploration. More traintime focus. Combine that with the complaints about lack of boat bosses...

(Also, it always amuses me that apparently ancient pyramid builders love futuristic defenses. There's this pyramid, there's the Ronka Ruins from FFV, there's... )
    That origin for the lead developer makes a lot of sense, yeah. I can totally see how that influences gameplay. It's just a real shame that most of the ways you can expand said track open up right about the time you have no real need to do so, and that the train is never upgraded to a faster speed to make the travel less tedious.

Hyper Advanced Ancient Egyptians is always a fun aesthetic since in the real world they did have like, eye surgery and ****. They're smart people who made very large things that mystify idiots. Fantasy just loves playing with it and ends up going like, ten times as far as it needs to. Ironically, the inner workings of the dungeon itself (as you'll see Friday) is some of the least elaborate.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Ironically, the inner workings of the dungeon itself (as you'll see Friday) is some of the least elaborate.
    Oh, I remember this dungeon, don't worry. I have... a story to tell, when it gets time to it.

13. - Top - End - #283

It's time for a B-side!

Zodi Plays: Halo [1] Nearsighted

Video Length: 29:38

I promised Em that when the first Halo game came out for the Halo collection on Steam came out, we'd do an LP of it. The guys making the game suddenly dropped the game last week, so... here we go! A word of caution; this first video is a little echo-y. We'll fix it in the next video. You know how it is, first vid's are always a little shaky.

So yeah. This is happening. Hope you enjoy!

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

So the new version of Halo enables multiplayer *AND* friendly fire?

Let's see... how did that meme go again? Ahh, yes: Peace was never an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Yay, Halo! Now, I've only played Reach, Wars, and 4 (in that order), but I've devoured the literature, and the external media (the short story DVD is really good, and I highly suggest giving it a watch if you can find it. 7 stories, all different styles, and all really well done). Have a bunch of Sangheilli in my room. Admittedly, have absolutely fallen off the bandwagon since 4. Don't really even know the story of 5 beyond the bare bones.

So, clarification: Reach was not the first human planet the Covenant found. (That was Harvest.) Reach was one of the last. It was humanity's biggest military fortress-world (though that was retconned some in Halo: Reach.) And so it was a big deal that it fell. Because everyone expected that, even if everywhere else fell, Reach would stand strong.

They mention the Cole Protocol, which is never really elaborated on in-game, but it was the thing that's "destroy all computer data that leads toward earth or remaining colonies before ship destruction/capture" that Em mentioned. It's the core driving force in the book The Cole Protocol (which is a pretty cool read), and the person behind it - Preston Cole - has his story expanded upon in the Short Story "The Impossible Life and Possible Death of Preston Cole." He was basically an Admiral Badass who dealt the first major victory agains the Covenant, after humanity was dealt loss after loss.

Look, if you're an admiral on the bridge of a spaceship, filled with military personnel... if the battle gets to you, it's lost. It's more of a signifier of rank.

Yep, Plasma Pistols are pretty terrible. They're the basic Covenant sidearm. In later games (beginning with Reach, I believe) their charged shot (which costs 10 ammo, plus starts to drain the charge when held charged) is homing and is an EMP - so it instantly drains the enemy shields, and also temporary disables vehicles, making it super useful for hijacking. The single-shot mode is still garbage, though.

When using plasma grenades, they do a lot more damage when stuck onto a person - and, as Em mentioned, they bond. They will never come off (unlike Frag grenades, which bounce but have a larger blast). And... yeah. If they stick you, you're basically dead.

The purple tubes were Covenant Boarding craft. Basically, if anything's purple or blue, it's Covenant.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with being the better Luigi brother! Be proud of your Green L.

Edit: I don't know how much weapon or lore commentary you actually want, so, uh... let me know what to knock off.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-03-11 at 04:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286

Do give us lore but don't like, mention stuff we haven't encountered in game, and keep it to This Game information when it comes to mechanics. I'm completely blind more or less.

Basically, typically spoiler policy. Aside from the info about the Plasma Pistol in the future, this was fine.

I figured the purple tubes where boarding craft.

ALSO between you and Wombat I guess I have way more friends into Halo than I expected.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-03-11 at 04:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Do give us lore but don't like, mention stuff we haven't encountered in game, and keep it to This Game information when it comes to mechanics. I'm completely blind more or less.

Basically, typically spoiler policy. Aside from the info about the Plasma Pistol in the future, this was fine.
    So, avoid supplementary info, even if it doesn't actually come up in-game? Sorry, it's hard to tell if you're saying that everything but Plasma Pistol was fine, or just Plasma Pistol.

ALSO between you and Wombat I guess I have way more friends into Halo than I expected.
    I mean, it's a decently large franchise, so odds were there were some.

18. - Top - End - #288

So, avoid supplementary info, even if it doesn't actually come up in-game? Sorry, it's hard to tell if you're saying that everything but Plasma Pistol was fine, or just Plasma Pistol.

I mean, it's a decently large franchise, so odds were there were some.
    Supplementary stuff as long as it doesn't spoil the future (as in, future games, not just the actual chronological future) is good. Mechanical information about This Game Particularly is fine. Sorry for the confusion.

Like, just as a random aside; Em mentioning Reach ends with us losing is definitely an oops, I didn't know that at all!

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Supplementary stuff as long as it doesn't spoil the future (as in, future games, not just the actual chronological future) is good. Mechanical information about This Game Particularly is fine. Sorry for the confusion.

Like, just as a random aside; Em mentioning Reach ends with us losing is definitely an oops, I didn't know that at all!
    Ahhhhh, okay, gotcha. Sorry, I didn't know that stuff wasn't supposed to be mentioned given that Em'd mentioned it. Whoopsie. So, if it has nothing to do with any future games, and doesn't mention anything that happens in them, it's good?

20. - Top - End - #290

Ahhhhh, okay, gotcha. Sorry, I didn't know that stuff wasn't supposed to be mentioned given that Em'd mentioned it. Whoopsie. So, if it has nothing to do with any future games, and doesn't mention anything that happens in them, it's good?
    Yeah that's good.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah that's good.
    Alrighty. I will err on the side of caution, though, because I know all about wanting to avoid spoilers. Sorry for the ones so far.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be honest, I've never played the Halo series. Never owned an X-Box, and by the time it came out for PC, my interest in FPS genre had waned.

But I must say... Zodi flailing around with her 'helping' companion? I don't think that's *ever* going to get old.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Trains of Thought (24)
    Show
    The forum returns, and with it; Zodi PlayS! It's time to play... catch up.

Took a bit of a break and didn't really say why. It's a number of things, but suffice to say things are good. That being said... Zelda time.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [24]

Video Length: 46:02

In this episode, I attempt to prepare to do every single sidequest in the game. It takes... exactly one sidequest taking almost an entire hour despite not one single thing happening for me to tap out way, way harder than I've ever tapped out of anything before. I kinda feel bad about it, but my Minish Cap copy with the Golden Tingle Statue suggests that no, I should just move on and accept that I do have a limit when it comes to repetitive nonsense.

So yeah, not the greatest video in the world. I have done some deliberation with the council and now know the side quests I WILL be doing, and will be doing them next time, just so I'm a little bit more prepared for the upcoming end game. I will also take some time to talk about the things we could get for beating every single identical sidequest in the game.

That all being said... I hope you do enjoy. I'll see you all next, for what may be the beginning of the end. Take care.

Ummm, the link for this one doesn't work, as a heads up!

I get what you mean about travel. It does seem pretty tedious.

Oooooh, boss / enemy rush. Yey counting! Oy, this will be a lot of kills. 149 KILLS? Alright, you've gotten a style point for mass slaughter...

I'd like to see the last boss rush, btw. But i don't care about moving people from place to place too much. Oh god, knowing what I know, the episode is coming where Hell Flute gives one last hurrah...

EPISODE 24 KILL TALLY!

Bulbos - 4
    Bulblin, Archer - 3
    Snurgle - 6
    Sir Frosty - 8
    Red Skulltula - 12
    Skulltula - 8
    Pirate Tank - 3
    Tektite - 4
    Spinenut - 6
    Keese - 6
    White Wolfos - 4
    Mini Freezard - 6
    Red Chuchu - 6
    Ice Chuchu - 5
    Geozard - 2
    Blastworm - 9
    Stagnox - 1
    Rat - 20
    Octive - 4
    Geozard Chief - 1
    Fraaz - 1
    Snapper - 2
    Green Spinenut - 16
    Octorok - 11
    Phytops - 1

Style Points - 1

Missed Rupees - 5

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 24)

Spoiler
    Show

Armos - 14
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 29
    Cragma - 1
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 2
    Fire Baba - 8
    Freezard, Mini - 7
    Heatoise - 3
    Key Master - 16
    Lobarrier - 12
    Rats - 33
    Sir Frosty - 58
    Snapper - 5
    Snurgle - 10
    Squiddies - 1
    Wolfos, White - 20

Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 5
    Bulblin, Archer - 13
    Big Blins - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 38
    Chuchus, Ice - 15
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

Keese
    Keese - 19
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 17

Lizal
    Geozard - 7
    Geozard, Chief - 2

Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 5
    Like Like, Chest - 1

Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 46
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 3
    Tektites - 8
    Rocktite - 1
    Skulltula - 13
    Skulltula, Red - 12

Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 45
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 8
    Octomine - 11
    Phytops - 2

Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantom Eyes - 25
    Phantoms - 5
    Phantoms, Warp - 1
    Phantoms. Wrecker - 2

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 45
    Spinenuts, Green - 17

Stal
    Bubbles - 12
    Stalfos - 15

Vehicles
    Cannon Boats - 21
    Pirate Ships - 1
    Pirate Tanks - 6

Total Things Dead - 704

1st Place - Sir Frosty, at 58!
    2nd Place - Miniblins, at 57!
    3rd Place - Blastworms, at 46!

Total Style Points - 11

Total Missed Rupees - 14
    Total Lost Rupees - 0

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

I'd like to see the last boss rush, btw. But i don't care about moving people from place to place too much. Oh god, knowing what I know, the episode is coming where Hell Flute gives one last hurrah...
    Spoiler: Future Video
    Show
    Episode? Singular? Ah, the optimism.

25. - Top - End - #295

Ummm, the link for this one doesn't work, as a heads up!

I get what you mean about travel. It does seem pretty tedious.

Oooooh, boss / enemy rush. Yey counting! Oy, this will be a lot of kills. 149 KILLS? Alright, you've gotten a style point for mass slaughter...

Fixed the link! Thanks for that!

Travel bad, boss rush violence very good! I will be showing off that final boss rush by the way, don't worry. I'm not utterly heartless when it comes to side quests

Aaah Hell Flute. I do so hope you enjoy.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally, we resurface!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [25] Back On Track

Video Length: 21:18

Fresh from dentist nonsense, general dealing with life, and the existential horror of what is coming up in game next, it’s time to resume train time. Today covers going through a minor side quest to open up access to the Pirate Hideout, and collecting two remaining stamps so that we’re prepared for getting all the stamps.

Not the longest video in the world, but rest assured. Friday’s will make up for it. I hope you all enjoyed… next time, we go to hell.
    I believe the Pirate Ship is bigger compared to the canon boats you're killing. Pirate ship crashes into you and boards you, likely stopping you in the progress.

You know, I'm a little sad you won't be getting all the heart pieces.

So to get this straight, the pirate hideout is the only area that's hidden by an unlockable track? Every other unlockable track is like...just shortcuts? Do you get anything for finishing all the tracks?

Also, why are we not saving the men? Do you have to transport each back one by one or something stupid? Poor broken Zodi... (i'm twitching a little about the not doing list, but i understand)

EPISODE 25 KILL TALLY!

Cannon Boats - 9
    Bulbos - 4
    Bulblin Archer - 4
    Snurgle - 4
    Sir Frosty - 11

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 0

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 25)

Spoiler
    Show

Armos - 14
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 33
    Cragma - 1
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 2
    Fire Babas - 8
    Freezards, Mini - 7
    Heatoise - 3
    Key Masters - 16
    Lobarriers - 12
    Rats - 33
    Sir Frosty - 69
    Snappers - 5
    Snurgles - 14
    Squiddies - 1
    Wolfos, White - 20

Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 5
    Bulblin, Archer - 17
    Big Blins - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 38
    Chuchus, Ice - 15
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

Keese
    Keese - 19
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 17

Lizal
    Geozard - 7
    Geozard, Chief - 2

Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 5
    Like Like, Chest - 1

Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 46
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 3
    Tektites - 8
    Rocktite - 1
    Skulltula - 13
    Skulltula, Red - 12

Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 45
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 8
    Octomine - 11
    Phytops - 2

Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantom Eyes - 25
    Phantoms - 5
    Phantoms, Warp - 1
    Phantoms. Wrecker - 2

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 45
    Spinenuts, Green - 17

Stal
    Bubbles - 12
    Stalfos - 15

Vehicles
    Cannon Boats - 30
    Pirate Ships - 1
    Pirate Tanks - 6

Total Things Dead - 736

1st Place - Sir Frosty, at 69!

Total Style Points - 11

Total Missed Rupees - 14
    Total Lost Rupees - 0

World Building Projects:
    Magic

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

I believe the Pirate Ship is bigger compared to the canon boats you're killing. Pirate ship crashes into you and boards you, likely stopping you in the progress.

You know, I'm a little sad you won't be getting all the heart pieces.

So to get this straight, the pirate hideout is the only area that's hidden by an unlockable track? Every other unlockable track is like...just shortcuts? Do you get anything for finishing all the tracks?

Also, why are we not saving the men? Do you have to transport each back one by one or something stupid? Poor broken Zodi... (i'm twitching a little about the not doing list, but i understand)
    Yes, the big ship will board you if you don't sink it, and then you have to fight a minigame or have to reclaim your passenger.

There are about a half-dozen stations you need to unlock via sidequests, but the hideout is the only one that has a stamp. And the other tracks all have bunnies. (You need to unlock all the tracks to get bunnies.) Zodi'll be covering all of this after.

There's actually only one man to save for the Force Gem, Zodi just doesn't want to play through the minigame.
    (A funny thing is that this is the husband to the woman in Papuchia who wants a husband - so you can find her a husband (the mayor of Whittleton) before bringing him back, and... awkward. (If you don't do that quest beforehand, she'll just say she doesn't love him anymore.))

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Embrace Eternity.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit tracks [26] Rael Roaded

Video Length: 38:30

In this episode… we begin our journey into the Sand Realm. We need to deal with malgyorgs, the evil land sharks that threaten to ambush our train basically almost constantly throughout the area, and need to solve a stupidly obtuse puzzle that is not explained very well at all! To the point where my own personal thoughts clashed so hard with the clues I was being given that I actually had to look it up to be sure what, exactly, I was intended to do here.

With that, we meet Rael, the final Lokomo, and truly enter hell. I there was any doubt, ANY doubt that this mechanics was Just Bad… let it be erased here.

I hope you all enjoyed! I’ll see you next time… for more Hell Flute.
    Anger, then frustration, then fatigue, then hopelessness. Poor Zodi...

EPISODE 26 KILL TALLY!

Malgyorg - 18

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 0

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 26)

Spoiler
    Show

Armos - 14
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 33
    Cragma - 1
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 2
    Fire Babas - 8
    Freezards, Mini - 7
    Heatoise - 3
    Key Masters - 16
    Lobarriers - 12
    Malgyorg - 18
    Rats - 33
    Sir Frosty - 69
    Snappers - 5
    Snurgles - 14
    Squiddies - 1
    Wolfos, White - 20

Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 5
    Bulblin, Archer - 17
    Big Blins - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 38
    Chuchus, Ice - 15
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

Keese
    Keese - 19
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 17

Lizal
    Geozard - 7
    Geozard, Chief - 2

Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 5
    Like Like, Chest - 1

Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 46
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 3
    Tektites - 8
    Rocktite - 1
    Skulltula - 13
    Skulltula, Red - 12

Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 45
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 8
    Octomine - 11
    Phytops - 2

Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantom Eyes - 25
    Phantoms - 5
    Phantoms, Warp - 1
    Phantoms. Wrecker - 2

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 45
    Spinenuts, Green - 17

Stal
    Bubbles - 12
    Stalfos - 15

Vehicles
    Cannon Boats - 30
    Pirate Ships - 1
    Pirate Tanks - 6

Total Things Dead - 754

1st Place - Sir Frosty, at 69!

Total Style Points - 11

Total Missed Rupees - 14
    Total Lost Rupees - 0

World Building Projects:
    Magic

29. - Top - End - #299

Yes, the big ship will board you if you don't sink it, and then you have to fight a minigame or have to reclaim your passenger.

There are about a half-dozen stations you need to unlock via sidequests, but the hideout is the only one that has a stamp. And the other tracks all have bunnies. (You need to unlock all the tracks to get bunnies.) Zodi'll be covering all of this after.

There's actually only one man to save for the Force Gem, Zodi just doesn't want to play through the minigame.
    (A funny thing is that this is the husband to the woman in Papuchia who wants a husband - so you can find her a husband (the mayor of Whittleton) before bringing him back, and... awkward. (If you don't do that quest beforehand, she'll just say she doesn't love him anymore.))
    DataNinja, fittingly, has ninjaed me on the explanations. Good work.

Anger, then frustration, then fatigue, then hopelessness. Poor Zodi...
    The brutality of Hell Flute. Just you wait until next video...

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

DataNinja, fittingly, has ninjaed me on the explanations. Good work.
    To be fair, I also made sure to brush up on everything in order to make sure my advice wasn't bad memory-tinted.