Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 369
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    It feels so good to finally say, once more, it's time for another Zelda.

    Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [28] Skeldritch

    Video Length: 34:12

    In this exciting episode, we take on the Sand Temple. And, truth be told, I maybe force it a bit much as we beat the temple in one video! But it's super enjoyable and involves skulls so I imagine everyone will enjoy it. The Sand Temple is, if I recall, the last of this game's traditional dungeons, and they do a good job of making it fun to explore and move around in for the most part. The Sand Rod, while mostly useless in basically every other situation, makes for a fun little tool for one last dungeon. And of course the boss makes a perfectly interesting use of both the dungeon item AND a puzzle mechanic, which is actually pretty clever if I do say so myself.

    So yeah. Dungeon vanquished. I hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you guys next time for... somethin'. Hell if I know what I completely blanked on this part of the game.


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Spoiler: Zodi's Trains of Thought (27)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    We're back, a Zodisaur story.

    Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [27] Sand Temple


    Video Length: 30:11

    With little assistance beyond "do it faster", we tackle the flute once more. And, stars be blessed, we actually manage it. We beat this stupid thing and can finally go forward... into the three special trials that we still need to accomplish because we can reach the Sand Temple!!! Thankfully these are less difficult than it sounds, mostly dealing with the massive Rocktite boss again, navigating a simple but frustrating maze where you receive no hints or advice, and then blowing up the security keeping the temple closed. We do all that and finally settle our train into the final temple in the game, in pursuit of the Bow of Light.

    I hope you all enjoyed folks. I'm glad to be back.


    I'm going to give you two style points, because anyone else i know would have given up on this. CONGRATS ON ALL THE HELL SONGS! (i wonder when you first started the challenge, did you have this game in mind as why you shouldnt) Now go get your stylus.

    "Link, thank you for passing the two trials to unlock the temple. Those weren't really trials though. Now you must go through ACTUAL trials in order to get to the temple." Zodi: WUT.

    Hmmm, did a bit of research an not one wiki talks about an actual name for the cannons, so I'm going with that. That's really strange. They usually include things I wouldn't even call enemies, so that they don't have THIS? Also, those glowy things you don't think had a name in the Spirit Tower? Winders. I knew they had a name. In some zeldas, you can kill them. They usually turn into fairies. I don't think this is one of those games however. Anyway, yey new temple!

    EPISODE 27 KILL TALLY!

    Malgyorg - 5
    Rocktite - 1
    Sand Temple Cannon - 12

    Style Points - 2

    Missed Rupees - 0



    Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 27)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Armos - 14
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 33
    Cannon, Sand Temple - 12
    Cragma - 1
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 2
    Fire Babas - 8
    Freezards, Mini - 7
    Heatoise - 3
    Key Masters - 16
    Lobarriers - 12
    Malgyorg - 23
    Rats - 33
    Sir Frosty - 69
    Snappers - 5
    Snurgles - 14
    Squiddies - 1
    Wolfos, White - 20

    Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 5
    Bulblin, Archer - 17
    Big Blins - 1

    Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 38
    Chuchus, Ice - 15
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

    Keese
    Keese - 19
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 17

    Lizal
    Geozard - 7
    Geozard, Chief - 2

    Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 5
    Like Like, Chest - 1

    Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 46
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 3
    Tektites - 8
    Rocktites - 2
    Skulltulas - 13
    Skulltulas, Red - 12

    Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 45
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 8
    Octomine - 11
    Phytops - 2

    Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantom Eyes - 25
    Phantoms - 5
    Phantoms, Warp - 1
    Phantoms. Wrecker - 2

    Spinuts
    Spinuts, Red - 45
    Spinuts, Green - 17

    Stal
    Bubbles - 12
    Stalfos - 15

    Vehicles
    Cannon Boats - 30
    Pirate Ships - 1
    Pirate Tanks - 6

    Total Things Dead - 772

    1st Place - Sir Frosty, at 69!
    2nd Place - Miniblins, at 57!
    3rd Place - Blastworms, at 46!

    Total Style Points - 13

    Total Missed Rupees - 14
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post

    I'm going to give you two style points, because anyone else i know would have given up on this. CONGRATS ON ALL THE HELL SONGS! (i wonder when you first started the challenge, did you have this game in mind as why you shouldnt) Now go get your stylus.

    "Link, thank you for passing the two trials to unlock the temple. Those weren't really trials though. Now you must go through ACTUAL trials in order to get to the temple." Zodi: WUT.

    Hmmm, did a bit of research an not one wiki talks about an actual name for the cannons, so I'm going with that. That's really strange. They usually include things I wouldn't even call enemies, so that they don't have THIS? Also, those glowy things you don't think had a name in the Spirit Tower? Winders. I knew they had a name. In some zeldas, you can kill them. They usually turn into fairies. I don't think this is one of those games however. Anyway, yey new temple!
    I'll be perfectly honest here; When I first told myself "I'm going to do all the Zelda games in chronological order because I want to see how it flows and also just wanna play Zeldo" my immediate reaction to the budding realization that I'd have to play Spirit Tracks is "eh it'll be fine. It won't be that bad, right? I'm sure my memory is just playing tricks on me cause I was a kid. After all, it took me a full day to beat half the bosses in Battle Network 3, one of my favorite games. This can't be THAT bad."

    Then I started train zelda and went "oh **** no it's exactly as bad as I remember ****".


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Spoiler: Zodi's Trains of Thought (28)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It feels so good to finally say, once more, it's time for another Zelda.

    Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [28] Skeldritch

    Video Length: 34:12

    In this exciting episode, we take on the Sand Temple. And, truth be told, I maybe force it a bit much as we beat the temple in one video! But it's super enjoyable and involves skulls so I imagine everyone will enjoy it. The Sand Temple is, if I recall, the last of this game's traditional dungeons, and they do a good job of making it fun to explore and move around in for the most part. The Sand Rod, while mostly useless in basically every other situation, makes for a fun little tool for one last dungeon. And of course the boss makes a perfectly interesting use of both the dungeon item AND a puzzle mechanic, which is actually pretty clever if I do say so myself.

    So yeah. Dungeon vanquished. I hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you guys next time for... somethin'. Hell if I know what I completely blanked on this part of the game.


    I mean, ALL rods in zelda games are pretty specific uses. That is, until BOTW. I do really like the added mechanics from the rod. These are neat things. Good block puzzles. Rolling things you can walk on. Using a boulder to smash a wall, then getting another to push the button so you can cross? Sweet stuff.

    Gerunes remind me of torch slugs. Probably because they run away.

    Lucky sometimes is rewarding. Or is that curiosity? Well you had both, and got rewarded for it (+1 STYLE POINT) I really like that they hid things in the sand. Really cool.

    Isn't an ocarina a type of flute? If so, you will have to play a flute in a video game again. Just saying. At least twice more.

    Finally, the Skeldritch horror was amazing! Really neat design.

    EPISODE 28 KILL TALLY!

    Stalfos - 6
    Stalfos Warrior - 5
    Gerune - 4
    Ergtorok - 7
    Skeldritch - 1

    Style Points - 1

    Missed Rupees - 0



    Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 28)

    Spoiler
    Show

    Armos - 14
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 33
    Cannons, Sand Temple - 12
    Cragma - 1
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 2
    Fire Babas - 8
    Freezards, Mini - 7
    Gerunes - 4
    Heatoise - 3
    Key Masters - 16
    Lobarriers - 12
    Malgyorgs - 23
    Rats - 33
    Sir Frosty - 69
    Snappers - 5
    Snurgles - 14
    Squiddies - 1
    Wolfos, White - 20

    Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 5
    Bulblins, Archer - 17
    Big Blins - 1

    Chuchus
    Chuchus, Red - 38
    Chuchus, Ice - 15
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

    Keese
    Keese - 19
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 17

    Lizal
    Geozards - 7
    Geozards, Chief - 2

    Mimics
    Like Likes - 2
    Like Likes, Pot - 5
    Like Likes, Chest - 1

    Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 46
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 3
    Tektites - 8
    Rocktites - 2
    Skulltulas - 13
    Skulltulas, Red - 12

    Octoroks
    Octoroks, Red - 45
    Octoroks, Ocean - 2
    Octives - 8
    Ergtoroks - 7
    Octomines - 11
    Phytops - 2

    Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantom Eyes - 25
    Phantoms - 5
    Phantoms, Warp - 1
    Phantoms. Wrecker - 2

    Spinuts
    Spinuts, Red - 45
    Spinuts, Green - 17

    Stal
    Bubbles - 12
    Stalfos - 21
    Stalfos Warriors - 5
    Skeldritch - 1

    Vehicles
    Cannon Boats - 30
    Pirate Ships - 1
    Pirate Tanks - 6

    Total Things Dead - 795

    1st Place - Sir Frosty, at 69!
    2nd Place - Miniblins, at 57!
    3rd Place - Blastworms, at 46!

    Total Style Points - 14

    Total Missed Rupees - 14
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    I wish I knew...
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'll be perfectly honest here; When I first told myself "I'm going to do all the Zelda games in chronological order because I want to see how it flows and also just wanna play Zeldo" my immediate reaction to the budding realization that I'd have to play Spirit Tracks is "eh it'll be fine. It won't be that bad, right? I'm sure my memory is just playing tricks on me cause I was a kid. After all, it took me a full day to beat half the bosses in Battle Network 3, one of my favorite games. This can't be THAT bad."

    Then I started train zelda and went "oh **** no it's exactly as bad as I remember ****".
    But hey, it's over and done with. And the temple went by fairly quickly. It's all smooth sailing from here, right? Well, not sailing, per se, since we've already done Windwaker, but you get the idea.

    And this is the last iteration in the Child Timeline, and the rest of the games are generally pretty amazing. Child Timeline only has two iterations, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, since Four Swords Adventures doesn't count, right? And the Defeated timeline is all Classic Goodness: LTTP, Link's Awakening, Oracle (you're only going to play one of the Oracle games, right? No need to play them both since they're basically the same game?), Link Between Worlds, then the classic Zelda and Zelda 2.

    We're on the Home Stretch here!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

    My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    But hey, it's over and done with. And the temple went by fairly quickly. It's all smooth sailing from here, right? Well, not sailing, per se, since we've already done Windwaker, but you get the idea.

    And this is the last iteration in the Child Timeline, and the rest of the games are generally pretty amazing. Child Timeline only has two iterations, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, since Four Swords Adventures doesn't count, right? And the Defeated timeline is all Classic Goodness: LTTP, Link's Awakening, Oracle (you're only going to play one of the Oracle games, right? No need to play them both since they're basically the same game?), Link Between Worlds, then the classic Zelda and Zelda 2.

    We're on the Home Stretch here!
    Four Swords Adventure counts and will be done. I did Four Swords Regular solo and it was miserable but Sword Swords Adventure was fun as hell solo or not so we're definitely playing that game. It also lets me rep my boy Vaiti the angry eyeball wizard again. Also I'll be doing a quick overview of Link's Crossbow Training for Twilight Princess since I have that.

    As for the good ole classic... the Oracle games are not even remotely similar so I'm doing both of them, possibly back to back or possibly with a break inbetween we'll see. They're interconnected and super important to be played together and, as well, completely different games set in different locations with different items. I also think it's a bit of a reach to say it's the home stretch given the classic timeline ends with probably the worst Zelda game, and some other Stuff involved.

    And I mean... once that's all done and settled, we have a certain other behemoth to tackle.

    Which reminds me; once we're done Spirit Tracks I'm gonna have you all vote for the next branch we go down. Better start thinking about it now; Power or Wisdom, chaps. Power or Wisdom.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-03-13 at 11:15 AM.


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    But hey, it's over and done with. And the temple went by fairly quickly. It's all smooth sailing from here, right? Well, not sailing, per se, since we've already done Windwaker, but you get the idea.

    And this is the last iteration in the Child Timeline, and the rest of the games are generally pretty amazing. Child Timeline only has two iterations, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess, since Four Swords Adventures doesn't count, right? And the Defeated timeline is all Classic Goodness: LTTP, Link's Awakening, Oracle (you're only going to play one of the Oracle games, right? No need to play them both since they're basically the same game?), Link Between Worlds, then the classic Zelda and Zelda 2.

    We're on the Home Stretch here!
    Oracle of Seasons and Ages are not the same game. They are quite different.

    And I believe Zodi plans to do 4 Sword Adventures, yes.

    Edit: Ninja'd
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2020-03-13 at 11:16 AM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    So... I have a story about this temple. You know that rotate-y spike bridge that wasn't rotating that you walked over when first entering the temple? Well, I didn't pay any attention to that, so I was thoroughly confused and turned around, and thought my bridge had vanished and ohgodhowdoIleave? So, yeah, that 'sneaky-sneaky' part? Took me longer than I want to admit even now to figure out.
    (Past Data wasn't the smartest tool in the shed. Present Data isn't, either, admittedly.)

    In general, I feel like the enemies in this game in general would be a lot more interesting if you had to mix n' match sometimes. The sand monsters, for instance, would be a lot more threatening when paired with stalfos knights, because you'd have to choose which to deal with - you wouldn't just be able to hold out the sand rod and insta-win.

    Ah, yeah, this boss is awesome. It only has, like, two attacks, but it's enough to be satisfying, yet not frustrating. But yay! Bow of Light Get, which totally isn't the "needed to kill the final boss we're going to fight now" item.

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground
     
    enderlord99's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A film shoot.

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    When I was little, I was diagnosed with asthma because I couldn't blow out all the candles on the screen of the breath-measuring thingy. I did, however, blow out most of them.

    I just now realized that I was blowing on the screen, not the sensor.
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

    I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

    I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    It's time for the beginning of the end, as it where.

    Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [29] Chicken Delivery Service

    Video Length: 48:01

    This is a long one, but mostly because we take on the final Take Them All Down, a massive challenge where we fight through rooms of end game enemies, and then finally every single boss in the game... plus a secret boss that is rather hard. All in all, a pretty cool challenge, even if the reward is kinda lame.

    After that, we get chickens for Rael so we can get that stamp at his station. During all of this I go over some of the stuff we WON'T be doing, mostly because it's tedious and without any real merit.

    And that's it for today, I hope you all enjoyed! Short description for a long video but that's how these things work out sometimes. Next time, we begin... the final push towards the end of the game. I hope to see you there.


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    To get the Castle Town chests, you need to use the cuccos in Castle Town, now that you have the song to call one from the roof. They're... really awkward, positioning-wise. I remember one of the chests causing me a lot of issues trying to get to it.

    Huh. Elemental keese infuse your boomerang when you hit them. Wonder why that was never used in a puzzle.

    The 'bergmite' room suuuucks, because they need, like, 5-10 sword hits to whittle down their armour. Light Arrows rule, though. Even though... they're basically meaningless to have by this point in the game.

    I genuinely forgot about Shadow Link until this point. Huh.

    And, oh boy. Next time we get to climb the spirit tower, get Plot, and get a stamp station that somehow didn't show up the last time we were there because we were perpetually in cutscene mode.

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Oh hey, remember the Zodi Game Awards? Well, the art for 2019 just came in!

    Corvo and Emily!


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amechra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where I live.

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

    What wonderful prizes for defeating the boss rush :p
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    I do Let's Plays now. Current Game: Rolan's Curse

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

    What wonderful prizes for defeating the boss rush :p
    It's I think the final treasure we needed to at least get one of all of them, so it's not THAT bad, but... yeah. Yeah.


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Very cute art!

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    It's I think the final treasure we needed to at least get one of all of them, so it's not THAT bad, but... yeah. Yeah.
    I don't think you've gotten the Jade yet? But, besides that, yeah, I do think you've got at least one of each.

    (Also, the Zod joke was because your video was titled "Zod Plays:" today. In case you want to fix that.)

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Very cute art!

    I don't think you've gotten the Jade yet? But, besides that, yeah, I do think you've got at least one of each.

    (Also, the Zod joke was because your video was titled "Zod Plays:" today. In case you want to fix that.)
    The cutest!

    I am... pretty sure I got a jade?

    Aaah. Fixed that, ehehe.


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    What if I used Plague Time to make more videos? That'd be cool right?

    A Taste Of: Tactical Breach Wizards


    Video Length: 31:01

    A beta for a cool tactical defenstration simulator/wizard renegade cop game. It's very strange and funny and weird and actually pretty good. I also shoulda stuck with it for juuust a bit longer, since if I had beaten that level I'd have beaten the beta on screen. Oops!

    Game good, needs refinement. But good!


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    ...okay, that's some witty placeholder dialogue.

    No 360 degree camera??? But what if I wanted to look at the bottom of the floor?!?

    Very stylish, but... man, this feels like it has the chance to get out of hand very quickly. Given that I just finished getting all the achievements for Into The Breach, that is absolutely what this game reminds me of - specific actions, rewinding wrong moves, perfect information, enemies who react in a predictable way, knockback being absolutely crucial...
    Not that that's a bad thing, though.

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Qwertystop's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    I like it. Yeah, very Into The Breach, but the mana that's gained in particular ways, rather than fixed ammo counts, is interesting. And the possibility that enemies being unaware of you will matter, since they made a point of adding a note to the tooltip for characters who haven't breached a door yet, though right now it seems to never be worth not breaching on turn 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    okay time to get caught up with this.

    Spoiler: Episodes 22-29
    Show

    Episode 22:
    because a train tower that can split off to float into various things can be considered normal at all.

    I mean yeah they're probably armos. just because they're asleep doesn't mean you aren't killing them. just means they're vulnerable.

    Zelda being a brawny block-wrecker, never thought I'd see the day.

    Episode 23:
    Heh, Zelda's powerful body. HAH! ZELDA! GO GET HIM WITH YOUR BODY! AHAHAHAHAA.....

    okay this arrow puzzle is a jerk. I'd say the goal is to be as close to the door as possible so you can fire one arrow to hit the thing at the other end, then fire the second arrow to hit the other thing. the way you did it is good though. I'd love to try and solve it myself, I'm patient and try any possible method that could work with the puzzles I encounter but I don't have access to this game so whatever.

    the proper term is anime ninja, Zodi. just an anime is too broad.

    Zelda we're not using the power of spirits or demons! now let me possess a monstrous knight because I'm a ghost! just like Demon King Malladus is going to possess my body!

    Episode 24:
    ah yes, train photography, that fast paced life, real busy and demanding. do you know how many people want photos of cargo sections!? the answer is a lot because they're policemen who need to check for evidence of smugglers, its a real big problem.

    Episode 26:
    I just love how Zodi's sanity is slowly falling apart throughout this one, but then I love watching people masochistic try something only to keep failing and growing ever more frustrated with it. I think I'm a bit of a sadist.

    perhaps this specific guy is just a stupid perfectionistic jerk? like the other ones were laxer guys, but this specific guy is just a perfectionist

    Episode 27:
    Zodi, some things on this Earth are just put here to troll us. like the duck billed platypus, these songs or Andrew hussie. you'll never know why it worked. this trial of facing trolls is simply one we have to face in our lives.

    wow, that crab's death was anticlimactic. after stopping it just....poofed.

    aka, Same Zodiac Time, Same Zodiac Channel?

    Episode 28:
    or should we say.....Zodi Hood? yet the irony of all robin hoods is that if they steal and keep too much, they become rich and thus they looked too long into the abyss and become the very thing they fought: wealthy. they become...DOOH NIBOR!

    Link: you only have a skull now!
    skeldritch: all I need to kill you, train boy!

    Episode 29:
    yeah cuccos already rule the world, old man. they harness US for the good of cucconity, not the other way around. you tick them off, your dead. look at Link he is the hero and he has to chauffeur them around to their new home.

    the shadow link fight reminded me of some dark souls boss fights I've had. the way you constantly have to dodge a lot of attacks only to make one back and if try to be aggressive the link just blocks so it doesn't work is something reminiscent of a souls-like.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25! I'm also on discord as "raziere".



  21. - Top - End - #321
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Glad you enjoyed, Raziere. Now for something completely different.

    Zodi Plays: Halo [2] Blinded


    Video Length: 24:15

    We tackle the first chunk of mission two, and have quite a lot of fun as we explore the surprisingly open level. As far as showcases on what this game could be go, this one is pretty excellent.

    And then we get the car and things fall to pieces in the best ways possible.


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Checking, the Achievement is because the Original Halo was released on Nov 15th, 2001, so the Masterchief Collection added that. I had to look it up, because I very much did not remember any significance to any 15ths in-lore.

    Spoiler: Future/Past Lore Stuff
    Show
    No, Reach was not the first human planet found. It was one of the Inner Colonies - the highly developed human worlds, as opposed to the lesser developed (and more rebellious, what with the pre-covenant-threat Human Insurrection), Outer Colonies, all of which were basically 'glassed' (entirely destroyed with orbital cleansing beams that heated the soil to glass) before the Cole Protocol was enacted.

    Halo Wars takes place before Reach, right after the attack on Harvest, and involves an attack on the resort world of Arcadia, amongst others.


    Yeeeeah, I'm with you, I love the needler. Was especially fun playing multiplayer with friends with it in Reach, until I got banned from using it. Turns out humans don't like having homing explosives shot at them.
    (Plus it's just a genuinely cool concept for a gun. And has a particularly unique aesthetic. It's not my favorite Covenant weapon, that goes to the
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slashy slashy slice slice Energy Sword, but the Concussion Rifle and Gravity Hammer are super fun to play around with, too. And the plasma launcher.

    But it's just really fun all around. And it's common enough that you can have some fun with it.)

    Halo in general has some really great music. Halo Wars has some of my favourite tracks on it, but the whole series has great atmospheric music. Especially the main theme. Really gives you the feeling of a big, epic adventure. But also has enough of that haunting air.

    Fun fact: 343 Industries has their own (slightly less than full-sized, to enable it to fit on roads) Warthog:
    Spoiler: Picture
    Show
    It makes several appearances in the TV short Forward Unto Dawn, which is a TV prequel for Halo 4.

    The Warthog does have a horn, if you hold down the "shoot" trigger. However... it was first added in Halo 2, and it appears the remaster didn't go back to add it to Halo 1.

    The only hit point you need is the last one!

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Checking, the Achievement is because the Original Halo was released on Nov 15th, 2001, so the Masterchief Collection added that. I had to look it up, because I very much did not remember any significance to any 15ths in-lore.

    Spoiler: Future/Past Lore Stuff
    Show
    No, Reach was not the first human planet found. It was one of the Inner Colonies - the highly developed human worlds, as opposed to the lesser developed (and more rebellious, what with the pre-covenant-threat Human Insurrection), Outer Colonies, all of which were basically 'glassed' (entirely destroyed with orbital cleansing beams that heated the soil to glass) before the Cole Protocol was enacted.

    Halo Wars takes place before Reach, right after the attack on Harvest, and involves an attack on the resort world of Arcadia, amongst others.


    Yeeeeah, I'm with you, I love the needler. Was especially fun playing multiplayer with friends with it in Reach, until I got banned from using it. Turns out humans don't like having homing explosives shot at them.
    (Plus it's just a genuinely cool concept for a gun. And has a particularly unique aesthetic. It's not my favorite Covenant weapon, that goes to the
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slashy slashy slice slice Energy Sword, but the Concussion Rifle and Gravity Hammer are super fun to play around with, too. And the plasma launcher.

    But it's just really fun all around. And it's common enough that you can have some fun with it.)

    Halo in general has some really great music. Halo Wars has some of my favourite tracks on it, but the whole series has great atmospheric music. Especially the main theme. Really gives you the feeling of a big, epic adventure. But also has enough of that haunting air.

    Fun fact: 343 Industries has their own (slightly less than full-sized, to enable it to fit on roads) Warthog:
    Spoiler: Picture
    Show
    It makes several appearances in the TV short Forward Unto Dawn, which is a TV prequel for Halo 4.

    The Warthog does have a horn, if you hold down the "shoot" trigger. However... it was first added in Halo 2, and it appears the remaster didn't go back to add it to Halo 1.

    The only hit point you need is the last one!
    To further muddy the waters but also clarify things; Em's computer is one day ahead of mine so they got the 15th achievement, and I got an ACTUAL achievement for "come back to co-op or multiplayer within three months of the last time you played it" so we were both right.

    Em said Reach was the first to FALL in this one. I think that's right but I wouldn't know. Ultimately Em doesn't claim to be an expert though, so I'll err on the side of the Halo Ninja.

    I greatly enjoy Needler, and look forward to more space weapons used by strange dolphin men.

    Aha, so it does have a horn. I never tried the fire button, I'll do that next time I'm able to.


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    To further muddy the waters but also clarify things; Em's computer is one day ahead of mine so they got the 15th achievement, and I got an ACTUAL achievement for "come back to co-op or multiplayer within three months of the last time you played it" so we were both right.

    Em said Reach was the first to FALL in this one. I think that's right but I wouldn't know. Ultimately Em doesn't claim to be an expert though, so I'll err on the side of the Halo Ninja.
    Ah, yeah, I was a little confused, since you did seem to be talking about two separate achievements when I went to look up stuff.

    Spoiler: It doesn't actually matter to any other games, especially since you now know Reach, so more just EU stuff, but, still.
    Show
    By Reach's point in the timeline, the majority of the 590 lighter-colonized Outer Colony worlds had been utterly annihilated by the Covenant. And several of the 210 more-colonized Inner Colony worlds. Needless to say, it was bad. Humanity was getting its face stomped in. Every victory was costly, and it felt like defeat was probably only something that could be postponed, rather than stopped. But... there was still hope. Because humans are stubborn little creatures, and it's pretty dang hard to fully root them out. And, sometimes, it just takes one man in the right place to do something...

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2017

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Future stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When using your train to defeat the demon trains in the other realm, holding down the horn while you've got the invincibility power-up drastically increases your speed. Took me way too long to figure that out, makes it much easier.


    Best of luck with the final boss fights
    Spoiler
    Show
    and the flute sequence smack-dab in the middle of it
    Last edited by Floogal; 2020-03-19 at 06:40 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    I don't think I ever knew that.

    Also all of that post should be in spoilers since it hasn't happened yet


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2017

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Sorry, meant to spoiler that part too. Edited.

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground
     
    DataNinja's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    Quote Originally Posted by Floogal View Post
    Future stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When using your train to defeat the demon trains in the other realm, holding down the horn while you've got the invincibility power-up drastically increases your speed. Took me way too long to figure that out, makes it much easier.
    Spoiler
    Show
    It works going backwards as well as forwards, even. Which is incredibly helpful. Which the game also never tells you.

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    LaZodiac's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    It begins; the final push towards the finish.

    Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [30] A Towering Obstacle

    Video Length: 26:14

    In this episode, we head to the tip top of the Tower of Spirits... only to begin our DESCENT into the secret chambers. Which involves a multi floor super puzzle in which you must constantly switch between Phantoms, where all the Phantoms and one of the major important floors is ENTIRELY IN DARKNESS.

    So this is a very necessary part of the game and in my striving to play through it, you can slowly start to see my braaain melt. It's cool and good. Hope you all enjoyed cause we're going to be here for... some degree of time.

    Also a note; I've finished recording and editing the LP so don't worry, everything is fine and good.


    Ray 01 avatar by Pinkhaired August. C U S T O M!
    Sig Banner by Pinkhaired August. No Regrets.

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Amechra's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Where I live.

    Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

    It was... cruel... of the game to make you use two arrows there. They didn't need to do that, but they did.

    EDIT: Could've been worse, though - there could've been a stamp station on every single one of those floors.
    Last edited by Amechra; 2020-03-20 at 10:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    I do Let's Plays now. Current Game: Rolan's Curse

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •