New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    The fish face looks like an angler fish...I don't see the clown.
    Depending on how you look, at times the Angler Bauble can appear to be an upturned clown nose (I personally hadn't even noticed/remembered the sphere, personally).
    Spoiler: Like this
    Show

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post

Hmmm, i wonder if its a bird man, or a man with a bird mask...YO, that design look for the whip is stylish as hell!

The fish face looks like an angler fish...I don't see the clown.

This dungeon's puzzles are hard, but i like them. Least clear dungeon so far for sure.

According to the wiki, Phytops is a cross between an octorok and a plant. So should he go into the Octorok or the Baba?
    Compare and contrast the Octorok boss from Minish Cap. I'd say this is in the planet category since it's more plant than Octorok.

Also, looking at the fish faces, I can't NOT see the angler as a clown nose. They're absolutely clown-fish.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-01-03 at 03:35 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

lets see to finish catching up....

Spoiler: Ep 9-16
    Show

....but wait if the boomerang burns off the ice, why doesn't it burn the plant itself?

weird inflatable icefire pig wizard, die! your balloon fission shenanigans are not challenging, only tedious and annoying! thats a sentence I never thought I'd say.

hi frustrating to reach beedleclone. honestly, if I was playing this game, I wouldn't even bother trying to go for him.

on the fake more map choice: its a classic nintendo trope at this point. nintendo makes great games, but are horrible at the rpg dialogue tree stuff, so when they do it, its invariably a non-choice dialogue part where its like, why do you even bother? you see this in sun/moon pokemon games as well. don't expect nintendo to offer good dialogue choices in their games any time soon the closest they ever came to that was paper mario in certain quiz segments.

Linebeck.....III. acceptably not a clone.

Like-Like mimics. my god. they're learning, adapting. evolving.

Link: I'm a girl!
    Fortune Teller: I already knew that
    ah, I see this fortune teller has foreseen A Tale of Two Rulers, truly she has the gift of foresight.

see, this is why the ancients said greed is a bad thing, you spend too much time mourning the loss of random penny-equivalent currency.

poor cucco? thats a contradiction in terms Zodi. cuccos are terrifying godfosaken creatures that hold no love for humanity. they merely allow zelda-humans to live in the same houses as long as they obey their true masters. not even ganon was fool enough to try and take them on, he knew his limits. you were killing it before it could kill you.

"you could just say birds" Zodi, don't know its the internet age, we don't use the proper terms for anything, we're all memelords who unnecessarily refer to snakes as "danger noodles" and "doggos" when we already have doggies as an affectionate term for dogs while calling birds a "birb" for no reason. nevermind me dying a little inside at saying these stupid meme-terms for these things, thats how it goes now. because apparently its a meme to just nickname everything with misspellings and strange affectionate terms that are technically longer than just saying the word. yes this is a weird rant, but this is a weird game where Link is for some reason on a freaking train so I'm not getting off this crazy train as long as Link stays on his, and I need to vent. I mean seriously, why? and don't think your not above this, you refer to some character in the zelda franchise as "sword wife" which I don't know who that is.

underwater steam trains. complete with tracks. I'd say "now I've seen everything" but once one has seen enough everythings, they know that there is always more everything to have seen it all than one could ever imagine. there is to the world as they say, than is dreamt in one's philosophy.

As Zodi is going backwards form armored train:
    Me: stay on target.....
    *zodi panicking*
    Me: stay on target....
    *zodi laughing*
    Me: nice work

a whip or chain users's real goal in combat is actually to disarm the opponent by somehow wrapping the chain around your weapon and pulling it out of your hand or at least maneuvering it into an awkward position to kill you from. or with a whip, to blind you, or injure in all sorts of ways. a whip can actually blind you if it hits you in the eye. if this this sounds really difficult to do, its because it is, there are martial arts styles to use things like whips and chains, but like most martial arts they generally are less efficient and practical than just giving a guy a spear and telling them to stab people with it, or these days, a gun. its possible to fight with a whip or a chain but it requires years of training, like the only people who ever used that kind of weapon seriously were ninja and mostly out of the fact they couldn't get anything better than chains because they were peasants and chains weren't outlawed weapons. they basically were stuck with chains by default and even then it wasn't the only weapon they used. real interesting. fun fact about the whip: old cultures whipped the back as punishment because it was actually one the ways you avoided permanent injury when using it on someone. turns out a leather cord that can break the sound barrier can inflict pretty ugly stuff to somebody.
    adding a snake head is kind of redundant honestly. aside from grabbing onto stuff, whips are actually designed not to get entangled with things funnily enough. entanglement is more a chain thing, as combat chains are tipped with heavy blunt things to help with damaging people and wrapping around stuff.

those birds are some fresh nonsense alright. slow, not really predictable, not obeying any clear logic, requires constant supervision to make work in a timely manner, yeah thats a bad mechanic with the number of red flags it springs up.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    and don't think your not above this, you refer to some character in the zelda franchise as "sword wife" which I don't know who that is.

underwater steam trains. complete with tracks. I'd say "now I've seen everything" but once one has seen enough everythings, they know that there is always more everything to have seen it all than one could ever imagine. there is to the world as they say, than is dreamt in one's philosophy.
    She's referring to Skyward Sword's Fi.

To be fair, it's a magic train (though, admittedly, it's the same thing with the non-Spirit Trains) on a magic track. Magic is the answer. ...also clearly why cannonbombs are suddenly torpedoes.

5. - Top - End - #185

lets see to finish catching up....

Spoiler: Ep 9-16
    Show

....but wait if the boomerang burns off the ice, why doesn't it burn the plant itself?

weird inflatable icefire pig wizard, die! your balloon fission shenanigans are not challenging, only tedious and annoying! thats a sentence I never thought I'd say.

hi frustrating to reach beedleclone. honestly, if I was playing this game, I wouldn't even bother trying to go for him.

on the fake more map choice: its a classic nintendo trope at this point. nintendo makes great games, but are horrible at the rpg dialogue tree stuff, so when they do it, its invariably a non-choice dialogue part where its like, why do you even bother? you see this in sun/moon pokemon games as well. don't expect nintendo to offer good dialogue choices in their games any time soon the closest they ever came to that was paper mario in certain quiz segments.

Linebeck.....III. acceptably not a clone.

Like-Like mimics. my god. they're learning, adapting. evolving.

Link: I'm a girl!
    Fortune Teller: I already knew that
    ah, I see this fortune teller has foreseen A Tale of Two Rulers, truly she has the gift of foresight.

see, this is why the ancients said greed is a bad thing, you spend too much time mourning the loss of random penny-equivalent currency.

poor cucco? thats a contradiction in terms Zodi. cuccos are terrifying godfosaken creatures that hold no love for humanity. they merely allow zelda-humans to live in the same houses as long as they obey their true masters. not even ganon was fool enough to try and take them on, he knew his limits. you were killing it before it could kill you.

"you could just say birds" Zodi, don't know its the internet age, we don't use the proper terms for anything, we're all memelords who unnecessarily refer to snakes as "danger noodles" and "doggos" when we already have doggies as an affectionate term for dogs while calling birds a "birb" for no reason. nevermind me dying a little inside at saying these stupid meme-terms for these things, thats how it goes now. because apparently its a meme to just nickname everything with misspellings and strange affectionate terms that are technically longer than just saying the word. yes this is a weird rant, but this is a weird game where Link is for some reason on a freaking train so I'm not getting off this crazy train as long as Link stays on his, and I need to vent. I mean seriously, why? and don't think your not above this, you refer to some character in the zelda franchise as "sword wife" which I don't know who that is.

As Zodi is going backwards form armored train:
    Me: stay on target.....
    *zodi panicking*
    Me: stay on target....
    *zodi laughing*
    Me: nice work

a whip or chain users's real goal in combat is actually to disarm the opponent by somehow wrapping the chain around your weapon and pulling it out of your hand or at least maneuvering it into an awkward position to kill you from. or with a whip, to blind you, or injure in all sorts of ways. a whip can actually blind you if it hits you in the eye. if this this sounds really difficult to do, its because it is, there are martial arts styles to use things like whips and chains, but like most martial arts they generally are less efficient and practical than just giving a guy a spear and telling them to stab people with it, or these days, a gun. its possible to fight with a whip or a chain but it requires years of training, like the only people who ever used that kind of weapon seriously were ninja and mostly out of the fact they couldn't get anything better than chains because they were peasants and chains weren't outlawed weapons. they basically were stuck with chains by default and even then it wasn't the only weapon they used. real interesting. fun fact about the whip: old cultures whipped the back as punishment because it was actually one the ways you avoided permanent injury when using it on someone. turns out a leather cord that can break the sound barrier can inflict pretty ugly stuff to somebody.
    adding a snake head is kind of redundant honestly. aside from grabbing onto stuff, whips are actually designed not to get entangled with things funnily enough. entanglement is more a chain thing, as combat chains are tipped with heavy blunt things to help with damaging people and wrapping around stuff.

those birds are some fresh nonsense alright. slow, not really predictable, not obeying any clear logic, requires constant supervision to make work in a timely manner, yeah thats a bad mechanic with the number of red flags it springs up.
    While the choices in Pokemon SuMo aren't good from an open world standpoint, they are in fact very good on a "you are a sassy little bitch" standpoint. There's a ton of character in the choices and while it doesn't Matter, mechanically, I do like it a lot.

I'm not greedy I just (willingly) have someone judging me on every rupee collected. I must collect the shiny thing!

As DataNinja said, the only person I call a sword wife is Fi, who is literally a sword. Also I get WHY people don't like these, but taking a specific stance of "I utterly absolutely refuse to use these travesties of a name" is like, the most "I'm a teenager tryhard edgelord" thing I've ever seen. It's so silly. Let people enjoy a good birb now and then.

Whips are like boomerangs in that they are way more effective a weapon than people realize.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm not greedy I just (willingly) have someone judging me on every rupee collected. I must collect the shiny thing!
    To be fair... to collect to have is kinda the textbook definition of greed.

Whips are like boomerangs in that they are way more effective a weapon than people realize.
    They just aren't "as good a weapon at killing people as a sword stab is" effective. Which is what most people seem to focus on.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Also I get WHY people don't like these, but taking a specific stance of "I utterly absolutely refuse to use these travesties of a name" is like, the most "I'm a teenager tryhard edgelord" thing I've ever seen. It's so silly. Let people enjoy a good birb now and then.
    Yeah, I get that a lot. Starting to think that there might be some truth to it, but I'm trying not to let that get to me, since people don't seem to like that sort of thing. I was just talking and reacting.

as for swords well in medieval times, swords were basically the old world's side arm. it was your go to flexible secondary weapon and one you took with you when you traveled around without much armor or preparation- there is good reason aside from looking cool that its used so often, because its lighter than a mace, its more easily wielded than a chain, more easily transported and less obvious than a spear, its longer than a dagger, it doesn't have the axes problem of getting stuck in things, you don't need ammo like a bow- things like that. it wasn't the best at any one thing, but it was a good second best at everything. and anything with a stabbing motion is basically pretty easy to learn. that and unlike most weapons, it has a crossguard, so better for blocking than something with no protection for your knuckles. Link and other heroes using a sword makes a lot of sense, given that he's traveling often and doesn't fight in formation so, no go on using a spear, maces are best for when your gonna fight an armored foe, and so on.

8. - Top - End - #188

*crackles knuckles* time to climb us a spirit tower again.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [17] Teleportals

Video Length: 31:27

Bit of a long one, due to my complete and total inability to understand exactly one (1) puzzle. In this time, we climb up to the latest block of the Tower of Spirits and begin to cut our way through it's puzzles. Phantom Eyes are back, and they respawn now! Both a good and bad thing in my opinion, though combining the Phantom Eyes seemingly exclusively with Warp Phantom's cuts down on their danger signifigently... but then the fact that this has no time limit means they can be stringent with the safe zones, making them more dangerous again. A lot of stuff to consider! Annoyingly the Phantom's attacks still send you back to the start of the room, which doesn't really make sense anymore with the time limit being gone.

Anyway, we deal with a fair number of puzzles here, all of which are rather elaborate parts of one big chain, and some of which I either missed or did not understand because we couldn't get that chest on the first floor! The one thing I can elaborate on though is Zelda's Warp Phantom possession. That's pretty cool, not giving us full range to teleport like the actual Warp Phantom's, but giving us a version that emphasizes it's use in puzzle solving! And speaking of puzzle solving... the one I did at the end there I genuinely do not know if I did the intended way or not. I realized during editing that I probably could have used the pots I smashed, but... otherwise, I'm not sure!

Anyway, that's it for today. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you guys next time. Take care!

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ettin in the Playground

Zodi plz. That totally was the intended solution, otherwise they wouldn't have placed the Eye and the sand right there. It'd be weird if the intended solution was to, I dunno, use an unexplained feature of a dungeon item you picked up three dungeons ago .

I think you complain a bit too much about the non-bird puzzles (which generally have been pretty straightforward) and not enough about Zelda's really, really terrible pathfinding.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    Zodi plz. That totally was the intended solution, otherwise they wouldn't have placed the Eye and the sand right there. It'd be weird if the intended solution was to, I dunno, use an unexplained feature of a dungeon item you picked up three dungeons ago .

I think you complain a bit too much about the non-bird puzzles (which generally have been pretty straightforward) and not enough about Zelda's really, really terrible pathfinding.
    It feels so rough to actually do though, and at least part of that is because I was trying to stun one of the PHantom's on the right side of the sand. I still feel like it might be the wrong path though...

Also yeah I have been complaining a lot about puzzles. I'll do my best to stop that, I just think for this recording session I was a little discombobulated or something. And besides soon I'll have... other things, to be annoyed at.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

There's a reason Eyes need to respawn, though - otherwise you could lock yourself out of some puzzle solutions.

Yeah, that puzzle isn't super clear... but also, it was trying to teach you earlier with all the sinking stuff, and having to by pass that. Still not the best telegraphed thing in the world, though.

You didn't need to stun a phantom, though - it's basically impossible to do if they've noticed you, anyways, because they turn to face you way too fast. So, while later puzzles might encourage it in order to reduce the number of enemies (which is also why there are two in this area, to stop you from trivializing the puzzle once no more are there to threaten you), you shouldn't really need to swap without it being super-obvious you should.

Spoiler: Wascally Wabbits
    Show
    Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze
    6 West of Hyrule Castle
    7 South of Rabbitland Rescue
    8 East of Ocean Sanctuary
    9 Southeast of Whistle Maze
    10 Northwest of Whistle Maze
    11 East of Whistle Maze
    12 North of Papuchia

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Episode 17
    Show

I think the solution for the puzzle with the two warp knights in that closed off room, is to attract one of eyes, walk on the edge of the sand so that they warp to you, then walk on the sand so they sink into it, killing them, so you can then go back to the spot with the two switches and just warp zelda over. hey, glad you came up with the idea about the same time I did.

....no wait, you keep attacking the knights to try and stun them and hitting the eyeball. thats...not my idea.

okay my idea was the correct solution all along. though the finickiness on not killing the eye for it is annoying. as for pots....I dunno that depends, can you set pots down in this game? cause items like them seem to be throw-only in this game and pots break when you throw them. wouldn't be much of a puzzle if those two pots can just solve it without making use of Zelda, wouldn't it? because you need something to weigh the switches down, not just press them with an impact. like a block, thats generally how LoZ physics work. so I'm pretty sure you did the intended solution. let me look this up:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Tracks walkthrough, Tower of Spirits 4, zeldadungeon.net
    Now walk across the bridge with Link and stun the phantom eye with the boomerang. Do not slash at it with your sword; rather, use the whirlwind to send the phantom eye to the northwest corner of the map. Each time you use the whirlwind on the phantom eye it will reset its stun time.

Once the phantom eye is in the corner of the room, switch to the phantom and quickly trace a path to the phantom eye so that they will switch places. Have the phantom step on one of the switches and have Link step on the other. This will cause the door near the north part of the map to open up.

Run with Link all the way back to the center of the room. Use the phantom and warp to the phantom eye near the top of the room. Now have the characters join together, open the locked door, and head up to the 16th floor.
    .......you could've just blown the eye across with the whirlwind this whole time and avoided the warp knights entirely. we were both wrong. darn it. oh well.

13. - Top - End - #193

I knew it was the whirlwind! Aha!!! Anyway new A Taste Of time.

A Taste Of: Wandersong

Video Length: 21:42

This A Taste Of is for the cute little game called Wandersong. You are a bard, and you've had a dream that the world is about to end! You'd rather not have that happen, so you set off on a grand adventure to save the world! This is a puzzle platformer game with the rather cool mechanic of being able o sing and dance (almost) whenever you please, and it's great. I spend much of this video just giggling my ass off because of how genuinely charming this game is.

To put it bluntly I broke down sobbing playing this game. If you play ANY game I recommend or show off during A Taste Of, have it be this one. That's basically all I have to say, the game kinda speaks- no, sings, for itself.

------

Anyway! You guys continue to impress (or at the very least surprise) me. The Zodi Game of 2019 is... Dishonoured! I will not be wasting time asking my patron's for who the favorite character is because it's Corvo and Emily. I'm not spending a week waiting for everyone to tell me that. So I'll commission the art soon and once that's done I'll share it with you all and we can... celebrate our mutual love of a fun video game I played.

Sometimes I think the things I do are weird.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Ah yes, Wandersong, I too have played it. fully in fact. I do recommend playing all of it if you haven't already. I won't spoil anything, but its quite an interesting little tale about hope and happiness, sadness and darkness. Miriam is actually my favorite character and the one I relate to the most, though I find what you think of her funny.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-01-08 at 09:43 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195

Ah yes, Wandersong, I too have played it. fully in fact. I do recommend playing all of it if you haven't already. I won't spoil anything, but its quite an interesting little tale about hope and happiness, sadness and darkness. Miriam is actually my favorite character and the one I relate to the most, though I find what you think of her funny.
    I love Miriam she is the best.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Aw, that's a cute game. And also doesn't shove things in your face - lets you work them out.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

I knew it was the whirlwind! Aha!!! Anyway new A Taste Of time.

A Taste Of: Wandersong

Video Length: 21:42

This A Taste Of is for the cute little game called Wandersong. You are a bard, and you've had a dream that the world is about to end! You'd rather not have that happen, so you set off on a grand adventure to save the world! This is a puzzle platformer game with the rather cool mechanic of being able o sing and dance (almost) whenever you please, and it's great. I spend much of this video just giggling my ass off because of how genuinely charming this game is.

To put it bluntly I broke down sobbing playing this game. If you play ANY game I recommend or show off during A Taste Of, have it be this one. That's basically all I have to say, the game kinda speaks- no, sings, for itself.

------

Anyway! You guys continue to impress (or at the very least surprise) me. The Zodi Game of 2019 is... Dishonoured! I will not be wasting time asking my patron's for who the favorite character is because it's Corvo and Emily. I'm not spending a week waiting for everyone to tell me that. So I'll commission the art soon and once that's done I'll share it with you all and we can... celebrate our mutual love of a fun video game I played.

Sometimes I think the things I do are weird.
    The singing mechanic reminds me of Aquarius, except it's the whole game. Also, using singing for dialogue choices is... inspired.

If you like cute games, one of the devs that worked on Wandersong is also working on this game right here. And to think that Lobanov started off with games like Assassin Blue and Escape the Underworld...
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

18. - Top - End - #198

Hey so um,

I... forgot today was Friday. I was 100% sure it was Thursday today, five thousand percent.

So video will be late today.

19. - Top - End - #199

LATE BIDEO ZODI BAD!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [18] Go Go Goron

Video Length: 25:27

In this episode we finish up the spirit tower chunk we're in and head off to the fire realm. We meet Gorons, lava, and battle tanks! I don't remember any of the actual details beyond like, the scantest amounts since oooops I forgot to edit and upload and post this video today since I dead ass thought it was Thursday this morning.

Hope you all enjoy! Take care.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Bugbear in the Playground

The thought of Tank Commander Link amuses me.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

Whoops, days.

I love the little bits where talking to the Phantoms gives a little bit more than just general chatter. It's a nice way to give hints.

Look, Zodi, it's Train Minigame, or Flute. Take your pick which is the real Last Thing You Want To Do Today.

Ah, and now the sidequests open up.

Show
    Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze
    6 West of Hyrule Castle
    11 East of Whistle Maze
    12 North of Papuchia

22. - Top - End - #202

It's time for further zeld.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [19] Ice and Embers

Video Length: 35:04

In this exciting video, we do the needful to make Mega Ice accessible, hauling an anouki all the way to the wellspring station. Because we don't want goo covered ice for... reasons I cannot understand. Then we get the Mega Ice ourselves so we can transport it to the Goron Village. Twenty units in total, and it'll start to melt once we're out of the Snow Realm. If we take any harsh turns to fast we'll lose some ice, as well as if it we take damage from enemies. This isn't, necessarily, a bad minigame sort of activity... where it not for the fact that in terms of side quests, this is like 80% of them. It's either this or transporting a person from one location to the other, and often times doing one is just something you have to do in order to do the other. It's a level of variety that is... bad, for game enjoyment I think.

Making matters worse, after we DO bring the Mega Ice to Goron Village... the Goron's are lazy and don't actually finish their job, leaving another poor Goron homeless until we can bring another batch of at least ten Mega Ice units. How cruel. We tell the man we'll do this, but that'll be for later; we have a Locomo to find.

We make our way over to the Fire Sanctuary through the Elder Goron's house, fighting off falling rocks and cool Fire Baba enemies, until we get to a puzzle that has no real clear way to solve it, solved only because my first guess was right. Then we meet Embrose, the next of the Lokomos... and his monstrous song. I realize it may no look like much, but as you can see from the video length it takes a while to finish his flute segment, and I get a LITTLE saucy about it. I do finally get it, and with that the path to the Fire Temple is opened. We'll deal with that next time!

I hope you all enjoyed. I'll see you on the next one~.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ettin in the Playground

I think you'll have to play a game you actually like after this one. Because I'm starting to worry about your blood pressure.

24. - Top - End - #204

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    I think you'll have to play a game you actually like after this one. Because I'm starting to worry about your blood pressure.
    Well I will be, so don't worry about it

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Yay, more Zeldi.

Good news! Pretty sure you don't need to obey the signs. The only things that cause loss of cargo are being hit, and I believe slamming on the brakes (oops, nope, you proved me wrong). Plus any special things like Ice melting outside the Ice Realm.

The ice actually was still melting on the field. If you look when talking to the Goron here, you'll see [Ice] x13... then a few seconds after that, a popup informs you it's now x12.

It's the armour-plated variant, so it's in the north part of the snow-maze, where the blizzard was (unfortunately, his locations in the general areas are random, so you do need to just... listen for his shutter click as you go around, unfortunately). It gets you
    Spoiler
    Show
    A gate to the Fire Realm, as well as a really funny scene at the destination - even if not trying to go for 100% completion, I'd highly recommend this one. It also lets you get a stamp you missed, as well as gives you a good excuse to go check on Rabbitland Rescue.

Treasure amounts needed:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Common)
    Demon Fossil: 25
    Stalfos Skull: 19
    Star Fragment: 9
    Bee Larva: 18
    Wood Heart: 19

(Uncommon)
    Dark Pearl Loop: 12
    Pearl Necklace: 21
    Ruto Crown: 13
    Dragon Scale: 14
    Pirate Necklace: 14

(Rare)
    Palace Dish: 7
    Goron Amber: 7
    Mystic Jade: 9
    Ancient Gold Piece: 10

(Super Rare)
    Alchemy Stone: 2
    Regal Ring: 2

Some of the later train cars ratchet the numbers up significantly compared to earlier ones.

Do remember (I don't blame you for forgetting, I always did) that you have the song of healing.

The 'sparks of love' definitely make that a little bit more obtuse than it needs to be, because I definitely did think about 'sword sparks' first, before the whole laser thing. It probably would have helped if, like, there was more than one prior need to use the beacon song.

Honestly, I always found this one to be the hardest song in the game. I'm glad that it only took you a half-dozen tries - I certainly know the pain of three hours trying as a kid. So... fingers crossed the remaining go smoothly.

Show
    Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze
    6 West of Hyrule Castle
    11 East of Whistle Maze
    12 North of Papuchia
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-01-13 at 01:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Yay, more Zeldi.

Good news! Pretty sure you don't need to obey the signs. The only things that cause loss of cargo are being hit, and I believe slamming on the brakes (oops, nope, you proved me wrong). Plus any special things like Ice melting outside the Ice Realm.

The ice actually was still melting on the field. If you look when talking to the Goron here, you'll see [Ice] x13... then a few seconds after that, a popup informs you it's now x12.

It's the armour-plated variant, so it's in the north part of the snow-maze, where the blizzard was (unfortunately, his locations in the general areas are random, so you do need to just... listen for his shutter click as you go around, unfortunately). It gets you
    Spoiler
    Show
    A gate to the Fire Realm, as well as a really funny scene at the destination - even if not trying to go for 100% completion, I'd highly recommend this one. It also lets you get a stamp you missed, as well as gives you a good excuse to go check on Rabbitland Rescue.

Treasure amounts needed:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Common)
    Demon Fossil: 25
    Stalfos Skull: 19
    Star Fragment: 9
    Bee Larva: 18
    Wood Heart: 19

(Uncommon)
    Dark Pearl Loop: 12
    Pearl Necklace: 21
    Ruto Crown: 13
    Dragon Scale: 14
    Pirate Necklace: 14

(Rare)
    Palace Dish: 7
    Goron Amber: 7
    Mystic Jade: 9
    Ancient Gold Piece: 10

(Super Rare)
    Alchemy Stone: 2
    Regal Ring: 2

Some of the later train cars ratchet the numbers up significantly compared to earlier ones.

Do remember (I don't blame you for forgetting, I always did) that you have the song of healing.

The 'sparks of love' definitely make that a little bit more obtuse than it needs to be, because I definitely did think about 'sword sparks' first, before the whole laser thing. It probably would have helped if, like, there was more than one prior need to use the beacon song.

Honestly, I always found this one to be the hardest song in the game. I'm glad that it only took you a half-dozen tries - I certainly know the pain of three hours trying as a kid. So... fingers crossed the remaining go smoothly.
    The fact that the Mega Ice is still melting is generally horrifying. I did that run basically perfectly and ended up with almost not enough to do that future side quest I'll have to do. So now it's even more tenser!

What stamp did I miss that finding Ferros will get me? Just curious for when I do go do it.

O- oh, thanks for the list DataNinja. That's quite kind of you. Does that list factor in my already bought wood cannon or all of them? Just for references sake.

I remember the Song of Healing I just kinda am treating it like a last resort sort of thing, I think?

I considered this the hardest song in the game until the next one came up.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-01-13 at 02:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

The fact that the Mega Ice is still melting is generally horrifying. I did that run basically perfectly and ended up with almost not enough to do that future side quest I'll have to do. So now it's even more tenser!

What stamp did I miss that finding Ferros will get me? Just curious for when I do go do it.

O- oh, thanks for the list DataNinja. That's quite kind of you. Does that list factor in my already bought wood cannon or all of them? Just for references sake.

I remember the Song of Healing I just kinda am treating it like a last resort sort of thing, I think?

I considered this the hardest song in the game until the next one came up.
    Yeeeah, the side quest ones can be kinda punishing. Not all are timed, though, at least.

Spoiler: Stamp
    Show
    Unless I've forgotten, you've not gone back to get the Aboda stamp, which is where Ferrus wants to go. You forgot to get it when Niko gave you the book, and you've not gone back since then, IIRC.

Oopsies, nope, it did not. I forgot you bought that.

It's a 1/dungeon thing, so, it's not that limited... as opposed to when I played, when I thought it was a 1/game thing, and so promply forgot to ever use it.

It all comes down to how lucky one is at any given song, I guess.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-01-13 at 02:33 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Episode 18-19
    Show
    Hi Byrne you ninja-sith lord. say hello to your obi-wan.

cheesy as gouda, yes.

see this is why I find this premise hilarious, for this Zelda game, they have to make train conductors the chosen one thats just absurd. it somehow more absurd that yu-gi-oh making card players into warriors and chosen ones, because at least you can see how the card game can be made into something combative like a hero would use through magic, but a train is like, so unwieldy and orthogonal at best to the hero narrative it makes so little sense, because a hero like Link is fantasy hero who originates before trains so the usual narrative is a lone hero on a horse going wherever but the train is just so awkwardly modern and group-based. but hey at least you can't say the railroading isn't justified!

a tank might be better than a train but a probably less funny because, the train has this inherent train track awkwardness to it that make you question whether this is really necessary or not.

ah yes, Snurgle, the lesser known brother of Smeagol.

ah yes, what lady can possibly resist the attractiveness of a pile of ice? they're just so cool, and so mysterious because you only see the tip of the iceberg....

wait you might have to do that twice more!? does the game hate the player?
    .....oh my god it does hate players. it hates with a fiery passion. wow.

who put these weird things in a pot? enterprising early biologists and archeologists, I suspect.

your crime is....being a Like-like. your punishment is... Ten lashes or until death!

0_0 that thing lived with only its head.

wow, that is incredibly vague, those kinds of hints are always frustrating in videogames because so much of what of the instructions is interpretative with no actual directions for what tool to use to do so. I would've never guess to play music for this, honestly, and there are some puzzles in games that have stumped me in the past, though not always for the same reason.

ah yes the hardest part of this game: playing the pipes. I will watch this epic battle with interest. sometimes minigames are the hardest most terrifying part of a game, because when you introduce a wild new mechanic out of nowhere it can be frustrating to figure out how it works if it does at all, and thus you need to learn something entirely new to master rather than building upon skills you already have the entire game.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

see this is why I find this premise hilarious, for this Zelda game, they have to make train conductors the chosen one thats just absurd. it somehow more absurd that yu-gi-oh making card players into warriors and chosen ones, because at least you can see how the card game can be made into something combative like a hero would use through magic, but a train is like, so unwieldy and orthogonal at best to the hero narrative it makes so little sense, because a hero like Link is fantasy hero who originates before trains so the usual narrative is a lone hero on a horse going wherever but the train is just so awkwardly modern and group-based. but hey at least you can't say the railroading isn't justified!
    I mean, it makes more sense when you consider that the rails are literal magical conduits of the land - so instead of priests, you have those who might be taught to 'avoid upsetting the spirits' or whatnot while travelling, while having the lifeblood of the region going across them. It very well might be that they're considered irreverent to have vehicles (wagons, whatever) go any direction but parallel - crossing the tracks is crossing the spirits.

30. - Top - End - #210

You've all been good so you can have little a cyberpunk, as a treat.

A Taste Of: Katana ZERO

Video Length: 22:42

I don't actually know if I have the words to properly describe the way I feel about this game. The last two A Taste Of's have been emotional powerhouses, games that genuinely struck me deep in my core and were honestly rather soul affecting. You could genuinely argue they changed my life in some small, meaningful ways.

Katana ZERO is like that except from the other end. No emotion, head empty, just utterly brutally cool time assassin action. It's one of my favorite aesthetics, with some amazing music. The style oozing from this game is palpable. The small fact that you get to monitor the security tape of Zero going through the level, without any of the UI or special effects is genius, a way to allow the player to focus entirely on the game and THEN get to see all the cool **** they did. Just from this one video you can tell there's a lot of surprising nuance in how to control yourself in game, and there is this immediate impression that there is way more going on in the game than it lets you know.

To put it bluntly I stayed up till 3 in the morning one weekend playing this game to completion twice. It's a good game, highly recommend it!