New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Well, that was interesting. Communication is key, and laughing gets you killed.

You mentioning mods, and the difficulty with some of those tasks reminds me of reading of the mod where... well, I'll let you see for yourself what it uses for the word buttons.

The answer is "how fast can you boot up Mario Party?"
    No chance to boot it

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (Choo Choo Chosen One)

I've searched for that mod in the past, but I didn't know the name, so I just assumed it was called "What's on Second" and therefore couldn't find it.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that was interesting. Communication is key, and laughing gets you killed.

You mentioning mods, and the difficulty with some of those tasks reminds me of reading of the mod where... well, I'll let you see for yourself what it uses for the word buttons.
    Whoever wrote up that word list is a sick, sadistic, twisted, mad genius and I only hope that one day I might shake his hand.

Why yes, I typically GM at my gaming table, why do you ask?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

4. - Top - End - #244
    Colossus in the Playground

Mild, disappointing update; I forgot to charge my DS because I've been so consumed with my most recent bout of writing that I've literally forgot to finish cooking, among other things.

Tomorrow's video will be late. Sorry! Blame the writing goblins tat got in my head. I wrote 40 000 words in like two weeks it's not my fault.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Whoever wrote up that word list is a sick, sadistic, twisted, mad genius and I only hope that one day I might shake his hand.

Why yes, I typically GM at my gaming table, why do you ask?
    I figured at least one person'd enjoy me bringing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Mild, disappointing update; I forgot to charge my DS because I've been so consumed with my most recent bout of writing that I've literally forgot to finish cooking, among other things.

Tomorrow's video will be late. Sorry! Blame the writing goblins tat got in my head. I wrote 40 000 words in like two weeks it's not my fault.
    Alas. But, thanks for the heads up so I don't refresh incessantly after waking up and getting ready.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

(Video is up, should this get through before Zodi manages to get her post up.)

Spoiler: Therefore, Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, fun with delays.

First try on that stamp arrow shot!

All the rabbits are basically in the area the dark trains were patrolling and around the Fire Temple, barring one.
    Which you just found.

Ah, the Wrecker Phantoms. Awesome, but impractical. I agree the Warp Phantoms are super stylish, though.

Spoiler: Wascally Wabbits
    Show
    Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze
    6 West of Hyrule Castle
    7 South of Rabbitland Rescue
    8 East of Ocean Sanctuary
    9 Southeast of Whistle Maze
    10 Northwest of Whistle Maze
    11 East of Whistle Maze
    12 North of Papuchia
    13 Fire-Side Spirit Tower
    [/QUOTE]

7. - Top - End - #247

Ooops a late as hell video because I forgot to record due to being completely consumed by writing recently (and also he forum being DOA). Sorry about that!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [22] Wrecking Ball

Video Length: 28:36

In this one, we get us a stamp and then cut our way through to the top floor of the Spirit Tower... or at least, begin to anyway! We get a little hung up because these puzzles are just long to execute due to the game being rather slow.

But hey, we get to play around with our good good Goron friend again, though in the form of Zelda possessing a massive suit of armour that can just turn into a giant boulder. It's honestly pretty cool, but is... a little lacking in use puzzle wise.

Hope you all enjoyed, bit of a quick one today but given the situation yeah, oops my bad.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-01-25 at 01:50 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248

It's time for a birthday Zelda. Woohoo~

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [23] Bryne

Video Length: 41:19

Kind of a long one today, but consider it a make up for last time being so late. Cause that is, partly at least, why this is so long. The other reason it is long is... well, it's time to do one of the worst puzzles in the game. Now I'm sure there's a way to do it (I had DataNinja do some cyber sleuthing to figure it out) and the guide suggested way of doing this feels... not correct? Regardless, I did it the way I did it (twice!!) so I have no regrets.

That said, the real meat and potatoes of this one is what happens AFTER the hell puzzle; we finally confront Byrne in combat. It is probably one of my favorite fights in the entire game, with you dashing around avoiding his spirit wave attacks either through dodging or using Zelda as a shield. Because yes, she's IN this fight with you! Which should have been done way more often, if I do say so myself! After he leaps around a bit, he flings out his grapple claw, preferring to aim at Link. Dodge at the right time and you'll throw him down.

Once he's had enough, it's time for phase two! This is a hard phase since... truthfully I'm not sure what to do. We can clash against him with our sword, kinda like how Zelda can with Gyozords, but Zelda is... a bit slow on the uptake for swording him in the back and he can quickstep away. It seems kinda he kinda has to do his super charge move, and we just have to piss him off enough that he uses it. Once he does, Zelda can catch him and we can spin around to stab this man in the back.

Which is an interesting thought; I think in the entire Zelda series, aside from the Gerudo's in Ocarina of time, this is the first time we've ever like, used our sword on a living human being, right? I mean she he's a Lokomo so he's kind of a fairy elf, but still! At any rate, we get this wonderful scene using Zelda's Lullaby, then walk up to the top of the tower o face down against Malladus and Cole.

It goes as you'd expect, Malladus being unable to properly control his shiny new body, and them having to hitchhike a train ride to somewhere safe while they wait for him to regain his full strength. Darn. Anjean tells us about the secret macguffin we need to save the day, and shows us the way to it. Woohoo!

And that's the video for today. I hope you all enjoyed, this one was rather lengthy and full of chaos. I'll see you all next time for... something else entirely.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, happy birthday!

The rats've shown up at least once before, you've just made sure to kill them before Zelda got to react.

Yeah, some of these puzzles can be rather... annoying. Lava just makes it tedious to go around and do stuff.

I'll be honest, I know what this boss is, I just absolutely forget how the fight itself goes.

Oh riiiight. Yeah, this is a neat fight that I feel balances in the nice part between 'too easy' and 'feeling unfair'. Also, I feel like Byrne is about as 'regular human' as Ganondorf is.
    (There are the Castle Soldiers in, like, Link to the Past, though.)

Ah, yes, the invisible Skydeck level of the Tower of Spirits.

Spoiler: Wascally Wabbits
    Show
    Rabbit Location
    1 West of Anouki Village
    2 East of Anouki Village
    3 Northwest of Snow Maze
    4 Northeast of Snow Maze
    5 Southwest of Snow Maze
    6 West of Hyrule Castle
    7 South of Rabbitland Rescue
    8 East of Ocean Sanctuary
    9 Southeast of Whistle Maze
    10 Northwest of Whistle Maze
    11 East of Whistle Maze
    12 North of Papuchia
    13 Fire-Side Spirit Tower

10. - Top - End - #250

The forum returns, and with it; Zodi PlayS! It's time to play... catch up.

Took a bit of a break and didn't really say why. It's a number of things, but suffice to say things are good. That being said... Zelda time.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [24] Derailed

Video Length: 46:02

In this episode, I attempt to prepare to do every single sidequest in the game. It takes... exactly one sidequest taking almost an entire hour despite not one single thing happening for me to tap out way, way harder than I've ever tapped out of anything before. I kinda feel bad about it, but my Minish Cap copy with the Golden Tingle Statue suggests that no, I should just move on and accept that I do have a limit when it comes to repetitive nonsense.

So yeah, not the greatest video in the world. I have done some deliberation with the council and now know the side quests I WILL be doing, and will be doing them next time, just so I'm a little bit more prepared for the upcoming end game. I will also take some time to talk about the things we could get for beating every single identical sidequest in the game.

That all being said... I hope you do enjoy. I'll see you all next, for what may be the beginning of the end. Take care.

------

Finally, we resurface!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [25] Back On Track

Video Length: 21:18

Fresh from dentist nonsense, general dealing with life, and the existential horror of what is coming up in game next, it’s time to resume train time. Today covers going through a minor side quest to open up access to the Pirate Hideout, and collecting two remaining stamps so that we’re prepared for getting all the stamps.

Not the longest video in the world, but rest assured. Friday’s will make up for it. I hope you all enjoyed… next time, we go to hell.

------

Embrace Eternity.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit tracks [26] Rael Roaded

Video Length: 38:30

In this episode… we begin our journey into the Sand Realm. We need to deal with malgyorgs, the evil land sharks that threaten to ambush our train basically almost constantly throughout the area, and need to solve a stupidly obtuse puzzle that is not explained very well at all! To the point where my own personal thoughts clashed so hard with the clues I was being given that I actually had to look it up to be sure what, exactly, I was intended to do here.

With that, we meet Rael, the final Lokomo, and truly enter hell. I there was any doubt, ANY doubt that this mechanics was Just Bad… let it be erased here.

I hope you all enjoyed! I’ll see you next time… for more Hell Flute.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-03-12 at 01:05 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

Re: 24

Whoops, sorry, my notes to you didn't mention to you that the station near the Snow Temple was unlocked by doing the sidequest for the Fence Anouki - I'd just put them in the order where they'd be unlocked at that time. Sorry for the confusion.

So, fun fact: If you don't destroy the pirates quick enough when you have a passenger, they'll come up to your ship and initiate that Minigame that you had to play to keep Gage safe when transporting him back to the sanctuary.

Yeah, that kid is... annoying. He *wants* to go to Beedle's (which is annoying to chase down), but you'd think with 'fly with the birds' it would be the place where you... flew with the birds.

Special thing about the Shield of Antiquity! It can't be eaten by Like-Likes!

*Only* the purple potions auto-revive (and they tell you that specifically). Red and Yellow ones *do not*.

------

Re 26:

Oh, right. Hahahahaha. I forgot the sand sanctuary stamp was *there*. You need to
    Spoiler
    Show
    after successfully finishing the temple, do Rael's sidequest once. That will allow you to get the stamp.
    I'm sorry, this part of the game is kinda fuzzy, comparatively, so it completely slipped my mind.
    ...oh, I see you saw.

By the way, you can blow the whistle to make the sand sharks jump out, rather than having to wait for them to jump at you.

Oh man. 30 minutes of video left after meeting Rael...

The game is *super* finnicky on whether or not it accepts double-blows. I personally wish it leaned a bit more on the casual-acceptance side. It's a very big gripe I have.

Oh dear, I'm going to wake up one day with a knife stuck in me somewhere, aren't I?

Oof. All of this... it genuinely pains me to see you go through this.
    ...clearly the difference is the engineer clothes.
    (Disclaimer: I'm pretty sure it has no change to the mechanics.)
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2020-02-22 at 09:06 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground

Personally, I tend to find that games very often become frustrating instead of fun when they demand a high degree of perfection, regardless of whether that perfection is required of something that's a part of normal gameplay or not. It's usually worse when it's essentially a minigame with no real relationship to how the rest of the game plays, like the Locomo songs appear to be, because then it's essentially an artificial roadblock that says nothing about whether or not you're capable of handling the next part of the game, but even things that are more or less normal gameplay except with significantly less room for error than is typical of the rest of the game can often be unpleasant to play through.

I would further say that once you really start becoming frustrated it's time to go do something else, because the more frustrated you become, the more likely you are to make mistakes, and in sections with very little room for error that just means you'll fail more and thus become even more frustrated.

Yeah, that kid is... annoying. He *wants* to go to Beedle's (which is annoying to chase down), but you'd think with 'fly with the birds' it would be the place where you... flew with the birds.
    I thought it might be something like that, given that it wasn't the place with the birds. Death Mountain and maybe the castle or the Tower of Spirits also came to mind as potential places where the kid would've wanted to go, because they're places where there'd notionally be a way to see a large part of the world from an elevated position the way a bird might.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    Personally, I tend to find that games very often become frustrating instead of fun when they demand a high degree of perfection, regardless of whether that perfection is required of something that's a part of normal gameplay or not. It's usually worse when it's essentially a minigame with no real relationship to how the rest of the game plays, like the Locomo songs appear to be, because then it's essentially an artificial roadblock that says nothing about whether or not you're capable of handling the next part of the game, but even things that are more or less normal gameplay except with significantly less room for error than is typical of the rest of the game can often be unpleasant to play through.
    Yeah, while I don't mind the Lokomo songs in theory, it would be nice if they weren't mandatory to get where you needed to go. A minigame you could play to unlock a bonus, or something (while the story progression one would just be a cutscene tune).

But, I am also aware (and have been made painfully so by this LP and thread) that I am probably one of the people who sees this game in a far better light than most. So, my opinions should probably be taken with a grain of salt.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Let's just say that after the end of the last episode I went out and looked to see if someone had hacked the game to remove the Lokomo songs, because really now.
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

So... I notice a lack of Zodi in my youtube inbox this past week. Is everything okay in the zodi-verse?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

So... I notice a lack of Zodi in my youtube inbox this past week. Is everything okay in the zodi-verse?
    While I am privy to nothing, I imagine that part of things include the... delightful, ahem, note we left on. And the gate it holds shut.

17. - Top - End - #257

Delays are caused by a combination of Zodi Work actually being kind of A Lot right now (I had to sort through around 200+ leasehold and fee simples yesterday, and may have to do the same today) and the sheer fact that the wall I have in front of me game wise is kind of a steep one.

I'm not gonna lie I feel real ****ty about NOT getting a video out, and I'm sorry to everyone for that. The good news is this weekend for sure I will have time to tackle the flute, AND a special Wednesday project will be starting next week as well! So there is that.

But yeah, thank you for your patience witht his matter. I'll conquer the flute and be on my way to better things soon.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

It's okay. If nothing else, you trying to push yourself too much could result in permanent burnout, and we wouldn't want that.

We believe in you and your power to break down this wall, too. Just need more explosives.

Also, yay, special project!

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Delays are caused by a combination of Zodi Work actually being kind of A Lot right now (I had to sort through around 200+ leasehold and fee simples yesterday, and may have to do the same today) and the sheer fact that the wall I have in front of me game wise is kind of a steep one.
    Having done property management previously, I understood that. And winced. You have my sympathy.

I'm not gonna lie I feel real ****ty about NOT getting a video out, and I'm sorry to everyone for that. The good news is this weekend for sure I will have time to tackle the flute, AND a special Wednesday project will be starting next week as well! So there is that.

But yeah, thank you for your patience witht his matter. I'll conquer the flute and be on my way to better things soon.
    Yea, I was a bit concerned. But good to hear! You take care of yourself first, Zodi. We'll all still be here. Until/unless you manage to make youtubing a full time job, you have to put your priority to the thing that pays the bills first.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260

Having done property management previously, I understood that. And winced. You have my sympathy.

Yea, I was a bit concerned. But good to hear! You take care of yourself first, Zodi. We'll all still be here. Until/unless you manage to make youtubing a full time job, you have to put your priority to the thing that pays the bills first.
    It doesn't help that the person who organized the list of legal descriptions is an idiot. Why are these three addresses all listed with the same lot/block/plan aaaagh! Why is this one just labeled as PARKING LOT?!?! GO TO HELL *slams face into desk*

It's honestly less of a "gotta pay bills" thing and more of a "Zodi tried" thing, but I'll be diving back into the recording dungeon today after work so it should be fine. Come hell or high water, we'll be returning to Spirit Tracks (in addition to the new special project I've alluded towards a couple times).

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

It doesn't help that the person who organized the list of legal descriptions is an idiot. Why are these three addresses all listed with the same lot/block/plan aaaagh! Why is this one just labeled as PARKING LOT?!?! GO TO HELL *slams face into desk*
    There *are* duplexes, triplexes, and quadplexes which exist, which would then be on the same lot/block/plan, although addresses would normally be required to have appended sub-address (such as 1234-A anywhere st, 1234-B anywhere st, and so forth).

There are parking lots as their own independent lot/block, typically charging a fee for the right to park. However, I suspect what happened is the original landowner purchased a quadplex, then purchased the lot adjacent to turn into a parking lot for the former, as most quadplexes are large enough that there wouldn't be enough room for parking on said lot. Assuming said property owner did not move to enjoin the two properties (which would be a non-trivial process), you would then have the parking lot as a separate property and legal entity from the domicile residence it is theoretically attached to.

I have... previous experience with quadplexes. And I have experience with this precise scenario in which a quadplex and attached lot were two separate properties with two separate sets of paperwork. And I really, really wish I didn't.

It's honestly less of a "gotta pay bills" thing and more of a "Zodi tried" thing, but I'll be diving back into the recording dungeon today after work so it should be fine. Come hell or high water, we'll be returning to Spirit Tracks (in addition to the new special project I've alluded towards a couple times).
    Woot Woot!
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2020-03-06 at 09:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262

There *are* duplexes, triplexes, and quadplexes which exist, which would then be on the same lot/block/plan, although addresses would normally be required to have appended sub-address (such as 1234-A anywhere st, 1234-B anywhere st, and so forth).

There are parking lots as their own independent lot/block, typically charging a fee for the right to park. However, I suspect what happened is the original landowner purchased a quadplex, then purchased the lot adjacent to turn into a parking lot for the former, as most quadplexes are large enough that there wouldn't be enough room for parking on said lot. Assuming said property owner did not move to enjoin the two properties (which would be a non-trivial process), you would then have the parking lot as a separate property and legal entity from the domicile residence it is theoretically attached to.

I have... previous experience with quadplexes. And I have experience with this precise scenario in which a quadplex and attached lot were two separate properties with two separate sets of paperwork. And I really, really wish I didn't.

Woot Woot!
    Yeah since I live in the middle of nowhere these "we share a legal description" is because two houses share the same lot block plan and the government just genuinely hasn't divided them yet. "Your house is close enough to this house that legally you share a property" and stuff. Adding to that some of these houses just don't exist or aren't built yet so they don't HAVE legal descriptions. It's so silly!

I think you'll have a blast with this bonus project. I have a feeling I will anyway.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

I think you'll have a blast with this bonus project. I have a feeling I will anyway.
    Having a blast? Must be more Bomberman, judging by your Taste Of.

24. - Top - End - #264

We're back, a Zodisaur story.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [27] Sand Temple

Video Length: 30:11

With little assistance beyond "do it faster", we tackle the flute once more. And, stars be blessed, we actually manage it. We beat this stupid thing and can finally go forward... into the three special trials that we still need to accomplish because we can reach the Sand Temple!!! Thankfully these are less difficult than it sounds, mostly dealing with the massive Rocktite boss again, navigating a simple but frustrating maze where you receive no hints or advice, and then blowing up the security keeping the temple closed. We do all that and finally settle our train into the final temple in the game, in pursuit of the Bow of Light.

I hope you all enjoyed folks. I'm glad to be back.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

We're back, a Zodisaur story.

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [27] Sand Temple

Video Length: 30:11

With little assistance beyond "do it faster", we tackle the flute once more. And, stars be blessed, we actually manage it. We beat this stupid thing and can finally go forward... into the three special trials that we still need to accomplish because we can reach the Sand Temple!!! Thankfully these are less difficult than it sounds, mostly dealing with the massive Rocktite boss again, navigating a simple but frustrating maze where you receive no hints or advice, and then blowing up the security keeping the temple closed. We do all that and finally settle our train into the final temple in the game, in pursuit of the Bow of Light.

I hope you all enjoyed folks. I'm glad to be back.
    In which half of the video is attempting to do the *bleep*ing pipes. Followed by another five moments of Zodi dancing around in manic glee that it is finally over and done with.

As a professional musician and player of woodwind instruments, whoever came up with this user interface mechanic needs to be drug out into the street at high noon, and forced to try to complete these things for an hour or two until he realizes the error of his ways.

You are a better gamer than I, Zodi. I'd have given up on this quest long since. About the only thing that makes this entertaining is your reactions and responses, which are cute, adorable, and absolutely priceless.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Trains of Thought (20)
    Show
    Gon-goroooon, time for a new Zeldo

The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [20] Temple of Fire

Video Length: 22:01

In this video, we return to Goron Village to investigate how to open the Fire Temple. A relatively simple thing, hunting down Snurglers and honking at them real hard. But the execution of this is actually really good, if I do say so. I like this one! It's not the relatively simple "just drive to them" of the Forest and Snow temples, and not the agonizing long form hell of the Ocean Temple.

Once the keys are obtained, we can go into the Fire Temple proper, which is probably my favorite dungeon? What can I say, mine carts and gamera style turtles are the best. Also we get the Bow, which is almost always one of my favorite items in these games. The bow is just really fun, and in a game controlled by touch it's actually rather effective since there's not MANY ways you can mess it up.

A bit of a short update, but that's how things go sometimes. Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you all next time!

Grumbles that you cant kill snurglers...actually, looking it up, its Snurglars as in a snurgle burglar.

Nice this is going to be a nice simple lead up....wait train why....never mind...

A bow! Interesting, wasn't expecting that for a fire temple.

EPISODE 20 KILL TALLY!

Fire Baba - 1
    Fire Keese - 5
    Tektite - 3
    Stalfos - 4
    Heatoise - 1

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 0

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 20)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bubbles - 12
    Armos - 3
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 25
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 1
    Fire Baba - 8
    Freezard, Mini - 1
    Heatoise - 1
    Key Master - 12
    Lobarrier - 12
    Rats - 9
    Sir Frosty - 50
    Snapper - 3
    Snurgle - 2
    Squiddies - 1
    Stalfos - 4
    Wolfos, White - 16

Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 3
    Bulblin, Archer - 10
    Big Blins - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 32
    Chuchus, Ice - 10
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

Keese
    Keese - 13
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 14

Lizal
    Geozard - 2
    Geozard, Chief - 1

Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 5
    Like Like, Chest - 1

Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 37
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 2
    Tektite - 3
    Rocktite - 1
    Skultula - 5

Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 34
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 4
    Octomine - 11
    Phytops - 1

Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantom Eyes - 25
    Phantoms - 3
    Phantoms, Warp - 1

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 39
    Spinenuts, Green - 1

Vehicles
    Cannon Boats - 21
    Pirate Ships - 1
    Pirate Tanks - 3

Total Things Dead - 507

1st Place - Miniblins, at 57!
    2nd Place - Sir Frosty, at 50!
    3rd Place - Red Spinenuts, at 39!

Total Style Points - 9

Total Missed Rupees - 8
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Yay! Arbitrary victory!
    ...gonna save?

Save your game, Zodi, pls.

Yeeeah, there's still a lot of game left. Though, less of it that's actually substantial.

Do note that the sand sharks will, after enough whistle blows, not come up to the surface again, so you'll have to wait for them to attack.
    Oh, good, going into boss without saving. Hope that goes fine.

Okay, relief. Tension over. (I don't actually know if game over would have wiped your flute progress, but...)

Yeah, it's not instant death. Thank goodness. That last hit make it suuuuper frustrating to no-damage, though. But, at least it's over, and you never have to face one of those things again.

Yuuuuupppp. The tunnels suck. Trial and error (at least from what I've found), you have to reverse into some, and - while not all of the rabbits are here, three of them are. And there's no easy way through, even after beating it once.
    There is a way to skip it once past, though - make sure to activate the warp gate that's on the opposite little nubby path from the sand temple, so you don't need to frustrate yourself on the way back.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Trains of Thought (21)
    Show
    Let's continue us a dungeon, shall we?

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [21] Cragma

Video Length: 24:59

In this episode, we continue to push through the Fire Temple. It's honestly rather simple a dungeon; standard "hit these in order" puzzles, some trick shot arrow orb puzzles (the trickiest of which involves making use of lava geysers, which is cool) and generally just dealing with basic enemies like Stalfos and miniboss-turned-enemies like Heatoise. There isn't much to talk about with this dungeon, beyond the fact that it's just really well made. The final puzzle involves timing mine cart track switches to get both you and the boss key to the boss cube at the end of the dungeon at the same time, and that's honestly rather slick and cool. That being said I do however have one question; how do I get that stamp machine? I have no idea!

As for the boss, Cragma is actually really cool a fight. He's relatively simple, much like his own temple, and the use of mine carts makes him feel really dynamic as you make your way up his body, shooting him in his glowing weakspots to bleed him dry of lava. The only real negative of this fight is that if you DO mess up and run out of arrows while on the track, you are forced to take damage and that sucks. There should be a way to refill while up on the tracks, and it should be more that if you're out of arrows he can start to catch up and threatens TO hit you. That being said you also only have to do two loops and that's an absolute godsend, AND your progress is saved even if you run out of arrows and get knocked down which rules. It's almost like this game has good boss design or something.

With Cragma dead, the Fire Temple Force Gem is restored, and seemingly the last piece of the Tower of Spirits is back where it is meant to be! Which means that, on the surface at least, we're going to the end game! I don't imagine it'll be that simple though, for a number of reasons. Ah well; I hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you guys next time!

Arrow Trick shots are great.

Is it lava inside a temple, or magma? Like, i know its magma inside the earths crust, but is the temple inside a volcano or is the temple built on top of one? and even so, is it only magma inside the ground and when its in the temple its through the crust? The only thing I can think of to compare that to is blood in the vein that is blue inside the body, but red when it comes out. Does the name change like the color? This has been another installment of useless questions with Wombat... (Also wood heart would have died in this temple, as you say. Details like that bother me in zelda games, when they overlook obvious stuff like that)

Ooooo, carrying plates around AND arrow shooties? This IS a neat temple...but i notice there's not a lot of enemies in this one...18 in total, including the boss...

Hey! This is the first temple Link doesn't have to carry the Boss Key to the Boss Door. He uses a minecart to do the work for him! Speaking of the boss, it's not a gohMA, it's a cragMA instead! One eyed, but rock based not spider based. OMG, TRACK BASED COMBAT. HECK YES. Too bad if you run out of arrows, its game over for that rail run...

EPISODE 21 KILL TALLY!

Stalfos - 7
    Fire Keese - 3
    Heatoise - 2
    Cragma - 1

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 1

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 21)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bubbles - 12
    Armos - 3
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 25
    Cragma - 1
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 1
    Fire Baba - 8
    Freezard, Mini - 1
    Heatoise - 3
    Key Master - 12
    Lobarrier - 12
    Rats - 9
    Sir Frosty - 50
    Snapper - 3
    Snurgle - 2
    Squiddies - 1
    Stalfos - 11
    Wolfos, White - 16

Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 3
    Bulblin, Archer - 10
    Big Blins - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 32
    Chuchus, Ice - 10
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

Keese
    Keese - 13
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 17

Lizal
    Geozard - 2
    Geozard, Chief - 1

Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 5
    Like Like, Chest - 1

Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 37
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 2
    Tektite - 3
    Rocktite - 1
    Skultula - 5

Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 34
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 4
    Octomine - 11
    Phytops - 1

Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantom Eyes - 25
    Phantoms - 3
    Phantoms, Warp - 1

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 39
    Spinenuts, Green - 1

Vehicles
    Cannon Boats - 21
    Pirate Ships - 1
    Pirate Tanks - 3

Total Things Dead - 520

Total Style Points - 9

Total Missed Rupees - 9
    Total Lost Rupees - 0

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

29. - Top - End - #269

In which half of the video is attempting to do the *bleep*ing pipes. Followed by another five moments of Zodi dancing around in manic glee that it is finally over and done with.

As a professional musician and player of woodwind instruments, whoever came up with this user interface mechanic needs to be drug out into the street at high noon, and forced to try to complete these things for an hour or two until he realizes the error of his ways.

You are a better gamer than I, Zodi. I'd have given up on this quest long since. About the only thing that makes this entertaining is your reactions and responses, which are cute, adorable, and absolutely priceless.
    It really figures that the one that makes me most physically angry (to the point of throwing my stylus) is the one I win at. It's fitting, and feels like a shaggy dog story of shorts.

I'm glad everyone has enjoyed Flute Hell and the subsequent joy-filled shuffling around on my couch to reach over to my stylus.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post

Arrow Trick shots are great.

Is it lava inside a temple, or magma? Like, i know its magma inside the earths crust, but is the temple inside a volcano or is the temple built on top of one? and even so, is it only magma inside the ground and when its in the temple its through the crust? The only thing I can think of to compare that to is blood in the vein that is blue inside the body, but red when it comes out. Does the name change like the color? This has been another installment of useless questions with Wombat... (Also wood heart would have died in this temple, as you say. Details like that bother me in zelda games, when they overlook obvious stuff like that)

Ooooo, carrying plates around AND arrow shooties? This IS a neat temple...but i notice there's not a lot of enemies in this one...18 in total, including the boss...

Hey! This is the first temple Link doesn't have to carry the Boss Key to the Boss Door. He uses a minecart to do the work for him! Speaking of the boss, it's not a gohMA, it's a cragMA instead! One eyed, but rock based not spider based. OMG, TRACK BASED COMBAT. HECK YES. Too bad if you run out of arrows, its game over for that rail run...
    That lava/magma question is gonna be in the back of my mind all day man. Also in defense of the Wood Heart, it is a Goron food so maybe it's heat resistent?

God, the dungeons in this game are so good. They're like... polar opposites of the actual getting to the dungeon part of the game.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Zodi's Trains of Thought (22)
    Show
    Ooops a late as hell video because I forgot to record due to being completely consumed by writing recently (and also he forum being DOA). Sorry about that!

Zodi Plays: The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks [22] Wrecking Ball

Video Length: 28:36

In this one, we get us a stamp and then cut our way through to the top floor of the Spirit Tower... or at least, begin to anyway! We get a little hung up because these puzzles are just long to execute due to the game being rather slow.

But hey, we get to play around with our good good Goron friend again, though in the form of Zelda possessing a massive suit of armour that can just turn into a giant boulder. It's honestly pretty cool, but is... a little lacking in use puzzle wise.

Hope you all enjoyed, bit of a quick one today but given the situation yeah, oops my bad.

That's a tricksy switch. Yey stamp get though!

Uh oh, anjean is missing since her battle with that guy...gage? claw arm?

Dude, phantoms with rolly-polly moves? Awesome. Oh sorry, Wrecker Phantoms...

Yes these all count toward the kill count. Kill cloud happens, kill count happens.

Hmm, block puzzle looks interesting, if not a little tedious.

EPISODE 22 KILL TALLY!

Snurgle - 2
    Tektite - 1
    Armos - 11
    Miniblin, Mounted - 2

Style Points - 0

Missed Rupees - 0

Spirit Tracks
    Total Kills
    (As of Episode 22)

Spoiler
    Show
    Bubbles - 12
    Armos - 14
    Bee Hives - 3
    Bulbos - 25
    Cragma - 1
    Crows - 4
    Fraaz - 1
    Fire Baba - 8
    Freezard, Mini - 1
    Heatoise - 3
    Key Master - 12
    Lobarrier - 12
    Rats - 9
    Sir Frosty - 50
    Snapper - 3
    Snurgle - 4
    Squiddies - 1
    Stalfos - 11
    Wolfos, White - 16

Blins
    Miniblins - 57
    Miniblins, Mounted - 5
    Bulblin, Archer - 10
    Big Blins - 1

Chuchus
    Chuchu, Red - 32
    Chuchus, Ice - 10
    Chuchus, Yellow - 8
    Chuchus, Metal - 4

Keese
    Keese - 13
    Keese, Ice - 4
    Keese, Fire - 17

Lizal
    Geozard - 2
    Geozard, Chief - 1

Mimics
    Like Like - 2
    Like Like, Pot - 5
    Like Like, Chest - 1

Molds
    Mothula, Winged - 3
    Blastworms - 37
    Vengas - 7
    Stagnox - 2
    Tektite - 4
    Rocktite - 1
    Skultula - 5

Octorok
    Octorok, Red - 34
    Octorok, Ocean - 2
    Octive - 4
    Octomine - 11
    Phytops - 1

Poes
    Nocturne - 5
    Phantom Eyes - 25
    Phantoms - 3
    Phantoms, Warp - 1

Spinenuts
    Spinenuts, Red - 39
    Spinenuts, Green - 1

Vehicles
    Cannon Boats - 21
    Pirate Ships - 1
    Pirate Tanks - 3

Total Things Dead - 536

Total Style Points - 9

Total Missed Rupees - 9
    Total Lost Rupees - 0
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2020-03-09 at 03:03 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic