New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Spontaneous Divine Caster - Temporary Spell known.

Say you have a non-human spontaneous divine spellcaster with limited spells known off their spell list such as a divine bard or favored soul.

Is there a trick similar to a human spontaneous caster or warlock multiclassing 2 levels into Chameleon for the Changeable Bonus feat to gain an extra spell known or extra invocation known for that particular day that would work for the non-human character?

I know there are tons of expensive magic items out there that can expand your spells known, but I am more or less just looking for a way to gain utility spells that you would only want every now and then without spending a bunch of money. (yes I know scrolls exist, but I'm cheap)
    Last edited by Yogibear41; 2019-11-23 at 04:37 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Spontaneous Divine Caster - Temporary Spell known.

So a divine spontaneous spellcaster who can change their spells daily?

Skypledged, only for Raptorans, has something like that; it has a Divine Spellpool that works essentially like an Arcane Spellpool that allows you to pull spells from the cleric or druid lists.

The Spirit Shaman can switch their daily spells known, but that's druid only.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Bestiary of Krynn has a prestige class for it: Ambient Tempest. Also requires a pile of feats and loses a casting level, but comes with non-broken metamagic reduction. Won't work for Favored Souls as written though, since they use the phrase "without the need of a patron deity" as part of indicating the Dragonlance setting's Mystic.
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

It’s not switching daily spells known, but a Spontaneous Cleric that goes into the Sovereign Speaker PrC can stack up a TON of extra spells known as they get access to a new domain every level for 9 levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Ambient Tempest looks like a good option. But I am open to more. (I'm not actually using a favored soul, just gave it an an example)
    Last edited by Yogibear41; 2019-11-23 at 03:11 PM.