Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Dragons of Alnia (IC) - Team 1 Beta test Encounter

~Sanctum of Penance~

Objective: End the ritual imprisoning Lucent No-Dri

The transition between the game's overworld and the encounter's instance is almost instantaneous, such that even for those who lingered within the space between the two places waiting for their party experience little of the transition; perhaps a momentary flash of weightlessness and a swirl of non-color, but in less than a second the entire team arrives at the snowy foot of the husk of a grand mountain.

The air here is still, enough so that only the fluttering of birds and the travail of insects can easily be heard, but an almost invisible mist still swirls up the face of the mountain and into the sky where it can linger near closer to the eclipsed sun.

Even on the ground the heavens seem close enough to touch; the moon so full in the sky, the sky so troubled with clouds, the horizon so laden with hills and mountains.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2019-11-17 at 01:38 AM.
    My attempt to reciprocate is cut brutally short as my body experiences a sudden lack of electrons.

Across a variety of hidden dimensions you are dismayed.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dragons of Alnia (IC) - Team 1 Beta test Encounter

Spoiler: Senses
    Show
    Perception: +28 ;|;
    Senses: Tremorsense (60 feet), Darkvision (60 feet),
    Spoiler: Defences
    Show
    Armour Class: 46, Touch 34, FF 28, CMD 52
    Smoke, Kobold Sniper
    Level 20 Bushwacker Spacemarine Gunslinger, Scholar, Technician| Hit Points: 220/220 | Spell Points: 25/25 | Grit: 5/5 | Stamina: 21 | Gadgets 15/15 | Charge 25/25

"Bleh.. a cold snowy mountain? the kobold grumps slightly. Activating her arm as soon as she found out what terrain it was, it shifted from neutral browns to a pattern that blended her in with the snow and mountains.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Myrsirim, the Eldest Reborn
    Level 20 Arcanist/Stalker/Draconic Exemplar | AC:48, Touch 31, FF 30, SR31 | HP: 440/440 | Senses: Darkvision 240, Blindsense 120, Tremorsense 30, Luckdrinker Aura (30ft)

Myrsirim lands in a snowdrift, throwing up a spray of sleet that cascades around him. He takes a moment to look around, sweeping a claw through the snow and holding it up to his head for closer examination.

"Ha ha, no way! Look at these snow particles! It actually looks and feels like snow - Not like that Christmas event two years ago...

Anyway, what's the objective? Stop a ritual or something? I'll bet that it's at the peak of that mountain, so let's get a move on."

Once the rest of the party is ready the dragon unfurls his wings and prepares to take off. With an evil glint in his eye he addresses the rest of the party before ascending into the sky.

"One last thing I'd like to mention, if any of you would be kind enough to do me the favor; If you strike down an enemy and they aren't slain entirely, allow me the pleasure of executing them. It'll be worth your effort."

Spoiler: OOC: Flight stats
    Show

120 ft flight speed, clumsy maneuverability. More like a soaring house than any kind of graceful flier.

Last edited by Quantumphear; 2019-11-16 at 10:33 PM.
    Oh geez, this should probably be meaningful or something.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

"No kidding. They pumped the environmental effects up a lot. I wonder if this is a new zone entirely?"

She spreads her wings and flys straight up to get a better view of the surrounding and toggles the minimap to see whether this is space she has explored before. The hairs on the back of her neck are on edge and under her breath she begins to recite the Battle Hymn of the Heavenly Army. Warmth and strength surging through her and her allies

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    While singing this song, the channeler may grant to himself and all of his allies within the sound of his voice a +6 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution and a +1d6 damage bonus on attacks. This is a mind-affecting, language dependant-ability. Conveniently this means anyone who can hear her voice through the radio.

In addition:
    Perception- (1d20+37)[47]+ (1d8)[2] looking for threats and landmarks.
    Knowledge Geography (1d20+63)[80]+(d8)[5]
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh, crap. I completely forgot to summon my mount. Well I guess it's too late now. Myrsirim, would you mind if I rode you?
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Ahus View Post
    Oh, crap. I completely forgot to summon my mount. Well I guess it's too late now. Myrsirim, would you mind if I rode you?
    Level 20 Arcanist/Stalker/Draconic Exemplar | AC:48, Touch 31, FF 30, SR31 | HP: 440/440 | Senses: Darkvision 240, Blindsense 120, Tremorsense 30, Luckdrinker Aura (30ft)

"There's always one in every party; Go on, jump aboard, I can carry the rest of you with no sweat.

I already came prepared to carry the whole team on my back."

Myrsirim shakes his head in mock solemnity, chuckling at his own joke.
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2019-11-16 at 10:40 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Show
    Smoke, Kobold Sniper
    Level 20 Bushwacker Spacemarine Gunslinger, Scholar, Technician| Hit Points: 220/220 | Spell Points: 25/25 | Grit: 5/5 | Stamina: 21 | Gadgets 15/15 | Charge 25/25

"Well if we're going to move as a party, I could take you up on that. Or I could leap up the mountain myself, and tell you all what I see." the Kobold replies, "Though I have realized I seem to have forgotten to get something to really increase my perception beyond my skill with it."

8. - Top - End - #8

As her view of the mountain side becomes clearer Lothwen has to surpress another shudder. "Hmm. I don't...really know where we are and the area definitely is isolated from the rest of my minimap."

As she takes in the view she becomes more aware of the little things that just seem wrong. With a start she recognizes what is out of place.

"Heads up. There are bugs up here. In a mountain range in a snowstorm. That cannot possibly be natural. And from what I can tell....we're surrounded."
    All Hail Fun!
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.

9. - Top - End - #9

"There's always one in every party; Go on, jump aboard, I can carry the rest of you with no sweat.

I already came prepared to carry the whole team on my back."
    On the bright side I'm a pretty good rider at least on NPC Mounts... In never rode a other PC before. I usually ride a simple Nightmare, but with me astride it, they become pretty fearsome creatures.

For this to work you'll need to give yourself over to me completely as a mount, but if you do our senses will combine and you'll never be surprised, and I can guide you away from strikes that would otherwise damage you. It's not automatic and it has a 6 second cooldown, but it something. On the other hand like I said I've never tried it on a PC mount before so I can't guarantee that it'll work at all. But were here to test things out right...

Johnny turns his attention to Lothwen.
    I'm not so concerned about the audio discontinuity, thought it is definitely something to report.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Masaaki Yasuhiro

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: General
    Show
    AC 36, Touch 14, FF 31, F/R/W 33/29/34 (49/45/50 vs. spells and SP), HP 492+165/492

Spoiler: senses
    Show
    Perception +45, Tremorsense-30, Arcane Sight, Aura Sight, Enchantment Sight, Speechreader's Sight, Tongues, See Invisibility, Darkvision 270, Blindsense 135, 4* low light vision, Detect Scrying, Greater Anticipate Teleportation (135 ft), Blindsight-30, See In Darkness, Scent

Spoiler: Buffs
    Show
    Permanent spells:
    Arcane Sight: 7,500 gp (CL 27)
    Aura Sight: 7,500 gp (CL 27)
    Speechreader's Sight: 2,500 (CL 27)
    Tongues: 7,500 (CL 27)
    See Invisibility: 5,000 (CL 27)
    Enchantment Sight: 2,500 (CL 27)
    Buff Routine:
    Prepare spells
    Use Bead of Karma
    Greater Shadow Conjoration(Create Magic Tattoo): +1 Caster level (I voluntarily fail the save I don't have to make, so it fully affects me) (CL 24) (oracle-7)
    Cast Dragonsight (gain Darkvision 270, Blindsense 135, 4* low light vision for 27 hours) (CL 27)
    Cast Detect Scrying (CL 27)
    Cast Misdirection to seem to be a tree to magic (Summoner-2) (CL 25)
    Cast Moment of Prescience (Oracle-8) (CL 25)
    Cast Divine Insight (Oracle-2) (CL 25)
    Cast Nine Lives (Oracle-8) (CL 25)
    Cast Death Throes on my familiar (Oracle-9) (CL 25)
    UMD a Page of Spell Knowledge (Glimpse of the Akashik) to cast that (Oracle-8) (CL 25)
    Cast Channel the Gift on myself to power the next spell without spending the slot (Oracle-3)
    Cast Secluded Grimore to protect my spellbook (CL 27)
    Cast Superior Resistance on myself, familiar, and animal companion (CL 25) (3*Oracle-6)
    Cast Greater Anticipate Teleportation (135 ft emanation) (ten minute casting time, so end of the spell section of the buff routine) (Chameleon-6) (CL 25)
    Turn into a fox (Fox Shape feat)
    Summon Eidolon to protect myself
    Make a disguise (mundane check) to seem human (take ten = 10 + 39 - 2 = 47)

Spoiler: Scarlett
    Show

Scarlett (Familiar, Fox)
    CG Tiny Magical Beast
    Init +2
    Senses: Scent, Perception +30
    Defense:
    AC: 24 (Touch 14, Flat-footed 22) (+2 Dex, +10 Natural, +2 Size)
    HP: 492/492 (as master's; 20 hit dice)
    Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +13 (+13/+14/+19 with Superior Resistance, which will be normal)
    Offense:
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +16 (1d3-1)
    Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
    Statistics:
    Str 9, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Base Atk +15; CMB +12; CMD 24 (28 vs. trip)
    Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
    Skills: A very long list, due to skill sharing. Ask me as they come up, please.
    Racial Modifiers +4 Acrobatics when jumping, +4 Survival when tracking by scent
    Special Abilities:
    Share Spells, Empathic Link, Speak with Master, Scry on Familiar, Recurring Dream, Able Assistent, Shield Master, Able Defender

Spoiler: Fluffy
    Show
    Fluffy: N Large Animal
    Init +5, senses: Low Light Vision, Scent, Perception +3
    Defense:
    AC: 27 (10 +5 Dex, -1 size, +13 natural), FF 22, T 14
    HP: 144 (12d8+48)
    Saves: +12/+13/+7 (+18/+19/+13 with Superior Resistance - which will be normal)
    Offense:
    Speed: 40 ft
    Melee: Bite +16 (1d8+8 plus Grab), 2 Claws +16 (1d6+8)
    Space: 10 ft, Reach: 5 ft
    Special Attacks: Pounce, Rake (2 claws +16 (1d6+8))
    Statistics: Str 26, Dex 20, Con 18, Int 3, Wis 16, Cha 10
    Base Atk: +9; CMB: +19 (+21 Bull Rush, +23 Charging bull rush; CMD: 34 (36 vs. Bull Rush, 38 vs. Trip)
    Feats: Skill Focus(Survival), Hefty Brute, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Forceful Charge, Self-Sufficient
    Skills: Survival +28 (+32 when tracking by scent)
    Special Abilities: Link, Share Spells, Evasion, Devotion, Multiattack, Improved Evasion
    Tricks: Combat Training (attack, come, defend, down, guard, and heel), Attack anything, Work, Hunt, Track, Get Help, Rescue

Masaaki Yasuhiro says "Hold a moment, then..." and talks to the smaller fox riding on the human-disguised eidolon wrapped around him for a moment in that odd language that familiars use with their masters.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scarlett Perception: (1d20+30)[32]
    Masaaki Perception: (1d20+45)[64]
    Also note in case it matters: I have a lot of special senses queued up:

Tremorsense-30
    Arcane Sight
    Aura Sight
    Enchantment Sight
    Speechreader's Sight
    Tongues
    See Invisibility
    Darkvision 270
    Blindsense 135
    4* low light vision
    Detect Scrying
    Greater Anticipate Teleportation (135 ft)
    Blindsight-30
    See In Darkness
    Scent

Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-11-17 at 10:08 AM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

11. - Top - End - #11

ďI donít mean software glitches. I meant the enormous cloud of locusts that could never survive at this altitude or this low of a temperature.Ē

She doesnít bother mentioning the skybox being perfectly accurate but the eclipse hasnít moved at all. Instead she makes a beeline back toward the dragon not wanting to get caught out by something, appearing as a golden streak with her Step of the Deva.
    All Hail Fun!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Masaaki Yasuhiro

Spoiler
    Show

Show
    AC 36, Touch 14, FF 31, F/R/W 33/29/34 (49/45/50 vs. spells and SP), HP 492+165/492

Show
    Perception +45, Tremorsense-30, Arcane Sight, Aura Sight, Enchantment Sight, Speechreader's Sight, Tongues, See Invisibility, Darkvision 270, Blindsense 135, 4* low light vision, Detect Scrying, Greater Anticipate Teleportation (135 ft), Blindsight-30, See In Darkness, Scent

Show
    Permanent spells:
    Buff Routine:
    Prepare spells
    Use Bead of Karma
    Greater Shadow Conjoration(Create Magic Tattoo): +1 Caster level (I voluntarily fail the save I don't have to make, so it fully affects me) (CL 24) (oracle-7)
    Cast Dragonsight (gain Darkvision 270, Blindsense 135, 4* low light vision for 27 hours) (CL 27)
    UMD a Page of Spell Knowledge (Glimpse of the Akashik) to cast that (Oracle-8) (CL 25)
    Cast Channel the Gift on myself to power the next spell without spending the slot (Oracle-3)
    Cast Superior Resistance on myself, familiar, and animal companion (CL 25) (3*Oracle-6)
    Cast Greater Anticipate Teleportation (135 ft emanation) (ten minute casting time, so end of the spell section of the buff routine) (Chameleon-6) (CL 25)

Show

Scarlett (Familiar, Fox)
    CG Tiny Magical Beast
    Init +2
    Defense:
    Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +13 (+13/+14/+19 with Superior Resistance, which will be normal)
    Offense:
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +16 (1d3-1)
    Statistics:
    Special Abilities:
    Share Spells, Empathic Link, Speak with Master, Scry on Familiar, Recurring Dream, Able Assistent, Shield Master, Able Defender

Show
    Defense:
    Offense:
    Base Atk: +9; CMB: +19 (+21 Bull Rush, +23 Charging bull rush; CMD: 34 (36 vs. Bull Rush, 38 vs. Trip)
    Feats: Skill Focus(Survival), Hefty Brute, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Forceful Charge, Self-Sufficient
    Special Abilities: Link, Share Spells, Evasion, Devotion, Multiattack, Improved Evasion
    Tricks: Combat Training (attack, come, defend, down, guard, and heel), Attack anything, Work, Hunt, Track, Get Help, Rescue

Masaaki Yasuhiro says across the radio "You mean the ones that intermittently show up as being moderately evil, despite most insects being mindless? Yeah, they're slowly circling us at a distance. I can also smell the blood of dragons and fiends. The UI here is way more integrated than it has any right to be. Well, that eclipse is the obvious draw. Let's go that way."
    Spoiler
    Show

Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Show
    Smoke, Kobold Sniper

"Some of though depends on how much the developers thought of the game.. If they're really focused on things, then insects in this cold might be.. something dangerous. Ice spiders for example, Engaging thermal scanning." The kobolds goggles flash colors, turning into a crimson red

Spoiler: Thermal Vision
    Show

Thermal Lens (Requires Chemical Insight)
    This lens is chemically treated to react to things not normally on the visible spectrum, giving the wearer insight into whatís really there. The wearer suffers a -10 penalty to Perception checks, but he may see invisible creatures within his range of vision, as well as any that are ethereal, as if they were normally visible. Such creatures are visible to him as translucent shapes, allowing him easily to discern the difference between visible, invisible, and ethereal creatures.

(1d20+18)[34] Perception

14. - Top - End - #14

Johnny, strides up to the Dragon, and mounts it wrapping his legs as tightly and completely around the creatures neck as possible.

Myrsirim, is this ok? I dont want to interfere with your movement. after a brief pause to let Myrsirim respond and make a couple of adjustments in seating position.
    Ok, it seems like some of you feel like there is something ominous about the insect sounds. Let's see what I can do about this mist first.
    Johnny's raises his hands over his head and then slowly lowers them into a prayer pose before thrusting them to the sides. As he does he recites some obviously magical phrase ditans guttural VENTI. With that the air surrounding Johnny and Myrsirim kicks up slightly. With his hands still outstretched Johnny swirls them back in with a flourish while chanting circulus praesidIUM. there is an immediate but almost imperceptible flash that emminates from his hands as he completes the spell.

Alrighty then, with that let's go see if these bugs pose a threat or are just misplaced immersion details...

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Cast alter winds to create an emmination of "moderate" wind around Johnny and Myrsirim. One step below that needed to check tiny creatures, and to impose perception and aim penalties. Also, natural fog can't exist around us and magical fog is dispersed in 4 rounds. If there is a swarm that comes at us or the mist starts causing us harm, I'll bump that wind up to Severe with another casting and blow away any creatures tiny or smaller.

Then casting Magic Circle against Evil.
    Last edited by Ahus; 2019-11-18 at 09:49 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Show
    Smoke, Kobold Sniper

"Look alive people, we've just had something attempt to gather information on us. There is something and it knows we are here, but it will have to try harder than that to scry on me." the kobold says. "We can stay close and I'll be able to hold it off, though it opens up for other things.."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Level 20 Arcanist/Stalker/Draconic Exemplar | AC:48, Touch 31, FF 30, SR31 + Reflective Scales | HP: 440/440 | Senses: Darkvision 240, Blindsense 120, Tremorsense 30, Luckdrinker Aura (30ft)

Myrsirim goes tense for a moment, his eyes glowing for a moment with arcane energies.

"Smoke's right, someone is having a peek at us. My countermeasures let me get a good look at him, and it's one hell of an ugly Pit Fiend. Apparently he's inside the mountain; There must be some kind of tunnel network, or maybe the whole thing is hollow. Keep your eyes out for a tunnel entrance.

Let's get a move on already, clock's ticking!"

He takes to the air, beginning to soar at speed towards the mountain.

Spoiler: Rolls and actions:
    Show

Last call for passengers - anyone who wants to be riding Myrsirim has to get on now. He'll fly at full speed towards the mountain. As Myrsirim flies he will look for entryways into the mountain, as well as keeping an eye out for traps and enemies.

Perception: [roll0]

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Level 20 Arcanist/Stalker/Draconic Exemplar | AC:48, Touch 31, FF 30, SR31 + Reflective Scales | HP: 440/440 | Senses: Darkvision 240, Blindsense 120, Tremorsense 30, Luckdrinker Aura (30ft)

Spoiler: Perception roll, take 2
    Show

(1d20+60)[80]

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Masaaki Yasuhiro

Spoiler
    Show

Show

Show

Show
    Permanent spells:
    Buff Routine:
    Prepare spells
    Use Bead of Karma

Show

Scarlett (Familiar, Fox)
    CG Tiny Magical Beast
    Init +2
    Defense:
    Offense:
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +16 (1d3-1)
    Statistics:
    Special Abilities:

Show
    Defense:
    Offense:

Masaaki Yasuhiro glances at the undead dragon, as he replies to Smoke "That's harder for some of us than others."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Requested rolls:
    Caster level check: (1d20+25)[41]
    Will vs. Scrying (assuming a spell or spell-like, for now): (1d20+50)[68]
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2019-11-19 at 08:19 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19

I am NOT ok with that fiend Scrying us... Johnny looks around at the group. Ok everyone bring it in. Where is Remiel? Did he crash out? Ok, hold hands or at least touch each other. Johnny pulls out his spellbook, and recites an incantation a couple of times. Then pulls a handful of powder out of his haversack. peccent civitatem

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    1 Arcane point to prep Communal Nondetection, Cast on the group (-125 gold worth of material components), 1 point to bump the Caster Level to 22. Baddies must succeed on a caster level check DC 37 to see any of us with any divination.

So, Myrsirim, you said it was a particularly nasty looking Pit Fiend that was trying to scry on us? Can you describe him a bit more?

20. - Top - End - #20

Spoiler: dice
    Show
    (1d20+12)[18]+(1d8)[3] Will save vs scrying.

As it becomes clear that the party is close to danger Lothwen wraps her arms around her chest subconsciously. Perhaps she would have to consider adding a parka to her uniform. Was that chill at the back of her neck an evil presence? Or was it the inclement weather? "Well that's dastardly. It could just say hello. I mean its not like we're hiding." Reproachfully she adds. "I'd try and detect evil but I think Myrri might throw that off."

Extending her hand she activated her gauntlet of storage and the whisper sharp form of Reconciliation formed in her palm. The Longsword's weight was a comfort in the ominous surroundings. With a thought the blade ignited with golden flames as she brought her incinerating halo to life.

"Much better. Now at least I'll be warm."
    All Hail Fun!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Masaaki Yasuhiro

Spoiler
    Show

Show

Show

Show
    Permanent spells:
    Buff Routine:
    Prepare spells
    Use Bead of Karma

Show

Scarlett (Familiar, Fox)
    CG Tiny Magical Beast
    Init +2
    Defense:
    Offense:
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +16 (1d3-1)
    Statistics:
    Special Abilities:

Show
    Defense:
    Offense:

Masaaki Yasuhiro shakes his head and stands back as Johnny casts, saying "I've got an item for it. Others can have the duration, although..." He looks at the familiar on his shouler "This little lady could use it." and he directs Scarlett to join in.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Show
    Smoke, Kobold Sniper

Though Smoke was too also immune and had skills availible to foil detection, she didn't turn down the offer of power. After all, sometimes she had found that having one way to avoid something wasn't enough.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

A good hundred meters away several dozen Imps appear midair all at once as if by synchronized Teleportation. They amass in one dark, churning cluster before addressing you.

"You should not be here, mortals. I cannot discern how you came to be with my domain, but it is not worthwhile to offend me over the runt of the Lucent brood." They speak with one voice and climb over each other in a writhing ball that never settles, "State your demands. Surely I can offer more than Ni-Dor can for the life of a failure.
    My attempt to reciprocate is cut brutally short as my body experiences a sudden lack of electrons.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Show
    Smoke, Kobold Sniper

Smoke frowned slightly looking up to the massive withering cloud of imps. She wasn't sure how effective they were at being able to detect them, or gather up information. She was sure that she had stopped something earlier at least. Taking the moment to move behind the largest creature in their group that was still with them, she covers her mouth pointing to Johnney. While no sound was uttered her voice carried towards the man. "I think Impcloud is afraid."

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+28)[45] Perception check for Scout Sphere.

25. - Top - End - #25

Johnny acknowledged Smoke's ?words? with a nod.
    Rising slightly from his mounted position on Myrsirim Johnny bends the knee and bows in the direction of the impcloud. In infernal We were banished here by a being above even the overdiety AO. If you are as powerful as you claim why do you hide behind this facade. Show yourself and let us discuss your offer of power over Ni-Dor.

26. - Top - End - #26

Spoiler: Dice Roll Splosion.
    Show
    Knowledge Planes (1d20+63)[82] + (2d8)[10] to recognize the traits and important information about the imps.
    Knowledge History (1d20+64)[65] + (2d8)[10] to remember the history of all of creation. As well as the names of the Lucent Being, Ao, and Ni Dor. Who or what is going on?
    Knowledge Religion (1d20+63)[81] + (2d8)[2] to remember the moment that her character accepted a solar to grow within her.
    Knowledge Dungeoneering (1d20+63)[83] + (2d8)[9] to remember every fight in every dungeon encounter she has ever made.
    Knowledge Arts and Crafts (1d20+63)[73] + (2d8)[13] to remember how to do paper mache.
    Knowledge Nature (1d20+63)[83] + (2d8)[11] to remember how often she should cut the grass to keep the bushes nice and green.
    Knowlege Metaphysics (1d20+63)[69] + (2d8)[15] to know that she can't possibly really know all this stuff as she's a social worker logged into a video game and what the hell is going on?

All results are perceived simultaneously inducing momentary brain freeze. She'll be lucky to figure out much of anything beyond "hey look, a swarm of imps!"

"did we aggro something already? I..."

As the swarm of imps forms and addresses them, information trickles into Lothwen's consciousness widening into a rush of images. Though no time passes an eternity of names and species and fantastical magical events course through Lothwen's mind against a back drop of light brighter than the sun and tantalizingly familiar. With an act of will Lothwen anchors her mind in the present.

She blinked. Tightening her grip on her sword. This new type of mob was way more reactive than what she was used to. What an upgrade to AI!
    All Hail Fun!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

"I am currently indisposed; unfortunately I cannot risk my ritual for the sake of polite conversation. I'm sure you understand.

If you leave now I can promise you that No-Dri will be disposed of within the hour and that no matter how much Nir-Do complains it will have no means of troubling you. Nir-Do is powerful but miserly. Surely it will not fight me to the death for the sake of a dead dragon, even if that dead dragon was once its own sibling, and with my protection it will not dare to harm any of you.

The wealth of a gold dragon is nothing to me; gold will flow like water into your hands.

The wishes of mortals are simple to grant; your desires will be satisfied.

Strength? Greatness? To bestow these things upon a mortal are hardly a problem for me. State your terms. Make your demands. Anything. Everything. Gods can only do so much when one walks upon the mortal sphere; their promises are empty. My promises will come to fruition here and now."
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2019-11-25 at 08:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Masaaki Yasuhiro

Spoiler
    Show

Show

Show

Show
    Permanent spells:
    Buff Routine:
    Prepare spells
    Use Bead of Karma

Show

Scarlett (Familiar, Fox)
    CG Tiny Magical Beast
    Init +2
    Defense:
    Offense:
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +16 (1d3-1)
    Statistics:
    Special Abilities:

Show
    Defense:
    Offense:

Masaaki Yasuhiro quietly considers, thinking to himself Ah, the monkey's paw. Foolish is the mortal that accepts. Rather rare that someone offering 'anything you want' can actually deliver, and even if he could... well, part of the point of this one is the combat AI, no? I don't imagine we're going to get far... and... might be a delaying tactic. Hmm. Wonder if those imps in the cloud know what's what... well, that's for later. He then whispers into the radio "Two words: Delaying tactic. I imagine he wants time to complete his ritual."
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Show
    Smoke, Kobold Sniper

"Strange game. " the kobold replies back in the radio. "I almost fell for its believably, why would they put a mob that tries to talk to you.. Is this a cutscene? Are we in some sort of interactive cut scene? " The kobold wondered for a moment, before turning to speak to the cloud of imps. "Beast! Who are you and what does your daddy do?!"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Lizardfolk

As the demonic voice continues to murmur forth inane platitudes and empty promises, Myrsirim seethes until he can take no more.

"I HAVE HEARD ENOUGH."

"Once I have torn down the decrepit hovel that you call your fortress and you grovel at my feet, perhaps I will hear your pleas for mercy. But until then, I refuse to listen to your drivel!"

He dashes forward and opens his maw, vomiting forth a torrent of noxious acid upon the swarm of imps.

Spoiler: Acid Breath
    Show

Move action: Flying into range - 120ft movespeed, and breath weapon is a 70ft cone.
    Standard action: Using Breath weapon, for 20d6 Acid damage.

Effects:
    (20d6)[80] Acid Damage, DC 32 reflex save (half).
    2 negative levels inflicted on those within the area, reduced to 1 on a successful reflex save.