New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dragons of Alnia (IC) - Team 1 Beta test Encounter

“I think....”

Lothwen wipes a chunk of demonic gore off her face with a choking cough of disgust.

“I think the API isn’t working right. The sensation levels are way off the charts here. If I didn’t know better I’d say that was Actually painful.”
    All Hail Fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.
    New Sexy Mordrent Avatar via Tiffany Lirle! I bow down to her sense of fun.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

The quest objective remains highlighted in the user interface after the battle and the grassy plane looms ominously above head, still growing larger by the second. After a few seconds it vanishes before returning as such:

End the ritual imprisoning Lucent No-Dri

Typically this would only happen if the mission is failed outright. Even so, the game's missions have more than enough open ended coding to allow for alternate objectives, let alone the flagship content of someone putting their pride on the line. Sure enough under the original mission object a new method of completing this quest appears:

Defeat the Penitent One.

* Destroy the Penitent One's body before it can be reformed.
    ** Destroy the Seven Totems of Worship
    *** The Cruel Spire
    *** The Empty Cistern
    *** The Monument of Power
    *** The Cairn of Respite
    *** The Reliquary of Arcana
    *** The Tower of Fecundity
    *** The Void Needle

* Destroy the Penitent One's spirit before it can partially ascend.
    ** Destroy the Seven Indulgences:
    *** Ira the Vicious.
    *** Gula the Ravenous.
    *** Vanagloria the Tyrant.
    *** Acedia the Serene.
    *** Avaritia the Covetous.
    *** Luxuria the Progenitor.
    *** Invidia the Mirage.

(Optional)
    * Recover the remains of Lucent No-Dri.

* Survive

3. - Top - End - #93

"What the heck is all this?"
    All Hail Fun!
    No... no... its... its supposed to be 'then'... NO. DENOMAR OUT. YOU HAVE RUINED EVERYTHING.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Masaaki Yasuhiro

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: General
    Show
    AC 36, Touch 14, FF 31, F/R/W 33/29/34 (49/45/50 vs. spells and SP), HP 492+165/492+165

Spoiler: senses
    Show
    Perception +45, Tremorsense-30, Arcane Sight, Aura Sight, Enchantment Sight, Speechreader's Sight, Tongues, See Invisibility, Darkvision 270, Blindsense 135, 4* low light vision, Detect Scrying, Greater Anticipate Teleportation (135 ft), Blindsight-30, See In Darkness, Scent

Spoiler: Buffs
    Show
    Permanent spells:
    Arcane Sight: 7,500 gp (CL 27)
    Aura Sight: 7,500 gp (CL 27)
    Speechreader's Sight: 2,500 (CL 27)
    Tongues: 7,500 (CL 27)
    See Invisibility: 5,000 (CL 27)
    Enchantment Sight: 2,500 (CL 27)
    Buff Routine:
    Prepare spells
    Use Bead of Karma
    Greater Shadow Conjoration(Create Magic Tattoo): +1 Caster level (I voluntarily fail the save I don't have to make, so it fully affects me) (CL 24) (oracle-7)
    Cast Dragonsight (gain Darkvision 270, Blindsense 135, 4* low light vision for 27 hours) (CL 27)
    Cast Detect Scrying (CL 27)
    Cast Misdirection to seem to be a tree to magic (Summoner-2) (CL 25)
    Cast Moment of Prescience (Oracle-8) (CL 25)
    Cast Divine Insight (Oracle-2) (CL 25)
    Cast Nine Lives (Oracle-8) (CL 25)
    Cast Death Throes on my familiar (Oracle-9) (CL 25)
    UMD a Page of Spell Knowledge (Glimpse of the Akashik) to cast that (Oracle-8) (CL 25)
    Cast Channel the Gift on myself to power the next spell without spending the slot (Oracle-3)
    Cast Secluded Grimore to protect my spellbook (CL 27)
    Cast Superior Resistance on myself, familiar, and animal companion (CL 25) (3*Oracle-6)
    Cast Greater Anticipate Teleportation (135 ft emanation) (ten minute casting time, so end of the spell section of the buff routine) (Chameleon-6) (CL 25)
    Turn into a fox (Fox Shape feat)
    Summon Eidolon to protect myself
    Make a disguise (mundane check) to seem human (take ten = 10 + 39 - 2 = 47)

Spoiler: Scarlett
    Show

Scarlett (Familiar, Fox)
    CG Tiny Magical Beast
    Init +2
    Senses: Scent, Perception +30
    Defense:
    AC: 24 (Touch 14, Flat-footed 22) (+2 Dex, +10 Natural, +2 Size)
    HP: 492/492 (as master's; 20 hit dice)
    Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +13 (+13/+14/+19 with Superior Resistance, which will be normal)
    Offense:
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +16 (1d3-1)
    Space 2-1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.
    Statistics:
    Str 9, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 15, Wis 12, Cha 6
    Base Atk +15; CMB +12; CMD 24 (28 vs. trip)
    Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
    Skills: A very long list, due to skill sharing. Ask me as they come up, please.
    Racial Modifiers +4 Acrobatics when jumping, +4 Survival when tracking by scent
    Special Abilities:
    Share Spells, Empathic Link, Speak with Master, Scry on Familiar, Recurring Dream, Able Assistent, Shield Master, Able Defender

Spoiler: Fluffy
    Show
    Fluffy: N Large Animal
    Init +5, senses: Low Light Vision, Scent, Perception +3
    Defense:
    AC: 27 (10 +5 Dex, -1 size, +13 natural), FF 22, T 14
    HP: 144 (12d8+48)
    Saves: +12/+13/+7 (+18/+19/+13 with Superior Resistance - which will be normal)
    Offense:
    Speed: 40 ft
    Melee: Bite +16 (1d8+8 plus Grab), 2 Claws +16 (1d6+8)
    Space: 10 ft, Reach: 5 ft
    Special Attacks: Pounce, Rake (2 claws +16 (1d6+8))
    Statistics: Str 26, Dex 20, Con 18, Int 3, Wis 16, Cha 10
    Base Atk: +9; CMB: +19 (+21 Bull Rush, +23 Charging bull rush; CMD: 34 (36 vs. Bull Rush, 38 vs. Trip)
    Feats: Skill Focus(Survival), Hefty Brute, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Forceful Charge, Self-Sufficient
    Skills: Survival +28 (+32 when tracking by scent)
    Special Abilities: Link, Share Spells, Evasion, Devotion, Multiattack, Improved Evasion
    Tricks: Combat Training (attack, come, defend, down, guard, and heel), Attack anything, Work, Hunt, Track, Get Help, Rescue

Masaaki Yasuhiro leaves his momentary wall of force behind to fade in it's own time, and takes a moment to examine Lothwen "I don't imagine the game is going to behave as expected anymore, one way or another; the quest objectives aren't high on my priority list right now. I'm more interested in why they ignored Lothwen post-mortem. I suppose a quick experiment is in order..." He casts Regal Procession to flood the area with twenty-one horses, and asks Lothwen "Mind killing a few of those?" as he then heals himself and his familiar up while standing next to Lothwen.
    Spoiler
    Show

Concentrating to cast defensively is an auto-pass.
    UMD is an auto-pass.

Regal Procession: (Spell Compendium, p. 172): Summons one horse per caster level, as per Mount. 3rd level slot, UMD'd off a Page of Spell Knowledge to use Oracle casting for it. Landing them just outside the Forbiddance zone, of course (which I can see - Arcane Sight).

Took a lot less damage this fight. One Heal for my familiar, three Rejuvinate Eidolon spells (rolled in Discord) tops me back up, assuming Lothwen's Consecrate aura still works.

Ticking off the spell slots.

Also examining Lothwen under my various senses. Please let me know which skill checks to roll.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2020-01-02 at 11:08 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Myrsirim, the Eldest Reborn

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Defenses
    Show
    AC:48, Touch 31, FF 30, SR31 +Reflective Scales, Cold Immunity, Acid Immunity, Electric Immunity, Fire resist 10, | HP: 728/440

Spoiler: Senses
    Show
    Perception +60, Tremorsense 30ft, Darkvision 240, Blindsense 120, Low light vision, Detect Scrying, Greater Anticipate Teleportation

Spoiler: Active Spells
    Show
    Permanent spells:

All buff spells cast at CL22 unless otherwise noted.

22 hour duration:
    Secluded Grimoire
    Enlarge Tail
    Raiment of Command
    Magic Armor-Greater
    Heart of Water
    Primal Instinct
    Detect Scrying
    Magic Aura (Greater) - Appearance of having no magic items, and only 7th level arcane spells.
    Greater Anticipate Teleportation
    Moment of Prescience
    Mind Blank
    Spellbane -

Permanent duration:
    Infuse Decay (carrying Chilling Touch, Frigid Touch, and Touch of Blindness)

220 minute duration:
    Strong Jaw
    Tears to Wine
    Heroics - Adaptive Style feat

Spoiler: Other Effects and feats
    Show

Unspeakable Carnage - Whenever a creature ends its turn adjacent to you it is dealt 1d6 Vile damage, and whenever a creature successfully deals damage to you with a natural or non-reach melee weapon it is dealt 1d6 Vile damage.
    Vile Fever - Each time you deal Vile damage to a creature beyond the first in a turn it must make a Fort saving throw (DC 30 +1/times enemy was dealt Vile damage) to avoid becoming nauseated for 1 round and sickened for 2 rounds thereafter. The durations of these conditions cannot stack with one another. Putrid Consumption - Whenever you deal Vile damage to a living creature, you gain temporary hit points equal to half that amount(rounded down). These temporary hit points last for 1 hour. Currently granting +4 Strength, Wisdom and Charisma.
    Blood Frenzy - You gain a cumulative +1 racial bonus to attack and damage rolls whenever a hostile creature (with 2 or more Hit Dice) within 60-ft. of you is reduced to 0 or less hit points, which lasts for up to 1 minute or until the end of the encounter, whichever is shorter. You must be able to perceive the creature being reduced to 0 or less hit points to gain the bonus from it.

As the fight ends, Myrsirim hovers in the air for the moment. The quest marker updates in his HUD, and he scowls viciously.

"Dammit. I thought we could rescue the dragon...

Is Lucent even here? Did we even go to the right place?"

He lands on the ground, ignoring the masses of Lemures - They might as well not even exist from his perspective.

"So, what's next? Is this the Cruel Spire? Johnny, what can you tell us about the spire?"
    Oh geez, this should probably be meaningful or something.

6. - Top - End - #96

"But. But."

Lothwen stares plaintively at Masaaki.

"They're Ponies!"
    All Hail Fun!

7. - Top - End - #97

I was looking at the spire, carefully taking in the patterns (and essence patterns) and looking for something to exploit.

The Pillar was resonanating with the rush of heat coming off of the Burning empowered Fiend. Every wave of heat and destructive energy the radiated off the fiend was paired with a slight shift of magical energy upon the surface of the pillar.

This pillar seemed to bestow divine power upon the Empowered Fiend. The relationship is actually extremely similar, to a good bestowing power on a worshiper. There might actually be a spark of divinity within this structure...

The power carried by this pillar is lacks the specific twang of energy from the lower planes. It is sending a more concentrated version of its power to somewhere...

The spikes are mostly cosmetic but functional, should anyone choose to grab ahold of the pillar.

The entire pillar radiated the presence of a magical trap type threat, but for the time being I think that I've dealt with that. At least it does not seem to be close to blowing up anytime soon.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Masaaki Yasuhiro

Spoiler
    Show

Show
    AC 36, Touch 14, FF 31, F/R/W 33/29/34 (49/45/50 vs. spells and SP), HP 492+165/492+165

Show
    Perception +45, Tremorsense-30, Arcane Sight, Aura Sight, Enchantment Sight, Speechreader's Sight, Tongues, See Invisibility, Darkvision 270, Blindsense 135, 4* low light vision, Detect Scrying, Greater Anticipate Teleportation (135 ft), Blindsight-30, See In Darkness, Scent

Show
    Permanent spells:
    Buff Routine:
    Prepare spells
    Use Bead of Karma
    Greater Shadow Conjoration(Create Magic Tattoo): +1 Caster level (I voluntarily fail the save I don't have to make, so it fully affects me) (CL 24) (oracle-7)
    Cast Dragonsight (gain Darkvision 270, Blindsense 135, 4* low light vision for 27 hours) (CL 27)
    UMD a Page of Spell Knowledge (Glimpse of the Akashik) to cast that (Oracle-8) (CL 25)
    Cast Channel the Gift on myself to power the next spell without spending the slot (Oracle-3)
    Cast Superior Resistance on myself, familiar, and animal companion (CL 25) (3*Oracle-6)
    Cast Greater Anticipate Teleportation (135 ft emanation) (ten minute casting time, so end of the spell section of the buff routine) (Chameleon-6) (CL 25)

Show

Scarlett (Familiar, Fox)
    CG Tiny Magical Beast
    Init +2
    Defense:
    Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +13 (+13/+14/+19 with Superior Resistance, which will be normal)
    Offense:
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +16 (1d3-1)
    Statistics:
    Special Abilities:
    Share Spells, Empathic Link, Speak with Master, Scry on Familiar, Recurring Dream, Able Assistent, Shield Master, Able Defender

Show
    Defense:
    Offense:
    Base Atk: +9; CMB: +19 (+21 Bull Rush, +23 Charging bull rush; CMD: 34 (36 vs. Bull Rush, 38 vs. Trip)
    Feats: Skill Focus(Survival), Hefty Brute, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Forceful Charge, Self-Sufficient
    Special Abilities: Link, Share Spells, Evasion, Devotion, Multiattack, Improved Evasion
    Tricks: Combat Training (attack, come, defend, down, guard, and heel), Attack anything, Work, Hunt, Track, Get Help, Rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Denomar View Post
    "But. But."

Lothwen stares plaintively at Masaaki.

"They're Ponies!"
    Masaaki Yasuhiro looks a bit askance at Lothwen, and says "In character, they're summons; the lore of the game has them simply going back home the long way when killed - the short way, compared to letting the spell expire when I cast it; 24 hours vs. 42. Even at that: It's just a game. They're not horses, they're game objects in a computer program. I'm not sure you can. But if you don't try..." the fox points at Myrsirim, the giant undead dragon "I'll ask him to kill them to use as fodder for his abilities. Don't want to completely waste the spell slot. I'm sure you can end them far more painlessly than he will."
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2020-01-03 at 11:21 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

9. - Top - End - #99

Lothwen’s face goes red.

It was completely natural to have an aversion to wanting to hurt cute things.

“Talk about weird science. Ok sweeties. I’ll make it quick.”

She extends a hand and her wings catch fire. With a wave of her light whip wings the area is consumed in flames. The horses are crisped to death so quickly they barely have a chance to scream.

Lothwen does her best not to look at what’s left.

Spoiler: Dice
    Show
    Lothwen casts Wrath of Fire in order to kill the horses simultaneously, and in such a fashion as she does not have to personally sword each one. The spell is identical to firestorm.

(20d6)[71]
    All Hail Fun!

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

Lothwen's flames quickly slay the summoned steeds. The equine corpses linger for a few moments before vanishing into thin air, as slain summoned creatures are wont to do.

High above-head the world grows larger still...

Spoiler: OoC (Persistent Environmental effect)
    Show
    Fortitude Save DC 33 vs Nonmagical poison, or take (2d3)[4] Strength AND Dexterity AND Constitution damage.

11. - Top - End - #101

Johnny begins coughing and choking on the toxic air of this plane.
    I'm definitely feeling the effects of being on this plane for an extended period of time. Is anyone else not immune to this environment? I need a moment to remedy this situation. 'Cause it is really starting to tax me.

Johnny takes out his spellbook, and quickly flips to the pages with Planar Adaptation and the Mass version on facing pages, using his full round to cast mass if others share complaints about the environment or just the single targets spell on himself otherwise.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never... Ouch, Hey oh nevermind...

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Masaaki Yasuhiro

Spoiler
    Show

Show

Show

Show
    Permanent spells:
    Buff Routine:
    Prepare spells
    Use Bead of Karma

Show

Scarlett (Familiar, Fox)
    CG Tiny Magical Beast
    Init +2
    Defense:
    Offense:
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +16 (1d3-1)
    Statistics:
    Special Abilities:

Show
    Defense:
    Offense:

The fox examines the obelisk in detail, taking time to magically enhance himself while doing so.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still immune to poison.
    Casting Divine Insight after each check (I have one running int the morning for the first). Taking ten on checks. Auto-pass the casting defensively rolls. Results in:

Spellcraft: 68
    Kn(Arcana): 68
    Kn(Dungeoneering): 45
    Kn(Engineering): 45
    Kn(Geography): 45
    Kn(History): 45
    Kn(Local): 45
    Kn(Nature): 49
    Kn(Nobility): 45
    Kn(The Planes): 45
    Kn(Religion): 45
    Linguistics: 45
    Perception: 70

Which means I blow 13 2nd level slots (which eats into my 3rd level slots - no big deal)
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2020-01-05 at 01:44 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

"So, did you get anything from the reenactment of Equus?"

Lothwen moves to assist Maasaki on examining the obelisk.
    Spoiler
    Show

Take ten, every knowledge that exists. average of 82 as a result
    Last edited by Denomar; 2020-01-05 at 10:22 PM.
    All Hail Fun!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Perception: +28 ;|;
    Senses: Tremorsense (60 feet), Darkvision (60 feet),
    Spoiler: Defences
    Show
    Armour Class: 46, Touch 34, FF 28, CMD 52
    Smoke, Kobold Sniper
    Level 20 Bushwacker Spacemarine Gunslinger, Scholar, Technician| Hit Points: 220/220 | Spell Points: 21/25 | Grit: 5/5 | Stamina: 16/21 | Gadgets 15/15 | Charge 25/25

"Alright.. what the heck are these objectives? Did we or did we not stop the ritual? I've expended most of my stamina pool taking on those two fights.. so might help me to reset a bit to recover." She took the time to regain her second martial focus and then just let herself continue to stand in the air watching to see if anything else appeared.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Useing Secret Stash Deed: Aquiring new bullet.. will post when I get home here.

Spoiler: Current effects
    Show

Blink 50% miss chance
    190 rouns remain

Camoflage current set to +10 Steath in mountain/cold region -10 stealth in other regions.
    Resting - Regain 1 stamina point for each minute of rest I can take.

Immune to Poison, Disease (Necklace)
    Does not need to breath (Mask, Necklace)
    immune to scrying and any form of divination that attempts to ascertain her location, thoughts, or alignment
    Cannot be detected by Scent
    Currently hiding again
    Can see through natural smoke
    can see through magical and normal clouds, fogs, mists, and similar effects that grant concealment, but only so long as the wearer is within the area of such concealment

Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

15. - Top - End - #105

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show

Show
    AC:48, Touch 31, FF 30, SR31 +Reflective Scales, Cold Immunity, Acid Immunity, Electric Immunity, Fire resist 10, | HP: 728/440

Show
    Perception +60, Tremorsense 30ft, Darkvision 240, Blindsense 120, Low light vision, Detect Scrying, Greater Anticipate Teleportation

Show
    Permanent spells:

22 hour duration:
    Secluded Grimoire
    Enlarge Tail
    Raiment of Command
    Magic Armor-Greater
    Heart of Water
    Primal Instinct
    Detect Scrying
    Magic Aura (Greater) - Appearance of having no magic items, and only 7th level arcane spells.
    Moment of Prescience
    Mind Blank
    Spellbane -

Permanent duration:

220 minute duration:
    Strong Jaw
    Tears to Wine

Show

Putrid Consumption - Whenever you deal Vile damage to a living creature, you gain temporary hit points equal to half that amount(rounded down). These temporary hit points last for 1 hour. Currently granting +4 Strength, Wisdom and Charisma.
    Unspeakable Carnage - Whenever a creature ends its turn adjacent to you it is dealt 1d6 Vile damage, and whenever a creature successfully deals damage to you with a natural or non-reach melee weapon it is dealt 1d6 Vile damage.
    Vile Fever - Each time you deal Vile damage to a creature beyond the first in a turn it must make a Fort saving throw (DC 30 +1/times enemy was dealt Vile damage) to avoid becoming nauseated for 1 round and sickened for 2 rounds thereafter. The durations of these conditions cannot stack with one another. Putrid Consumption - Whenever you deal Vile damage to a living creature, you gain temporary hit points equal to half that amount(rounded down). These temporary hit points last for 1 hour. Currently granting +4 Strength, Wisdom and Charisma.
    Blood Frenzy - You gain a cumulative +1 racial bonus to attack and damage rolls whenever a hostile creature (with 2 or more Hit Dice) within 60-ft. of you is reduced to 0 or less hit points, which lasts for up to 1 minute or until the end of the encounter, whichever is shorter. You must be able to perceive the creature being reduced to 0 or less hit points to gain the bonus from it.

"Rest up now, if you can; We've got a lot of work to do. Now, since this spire seems to be one of the objectives we need to destroy, I'll tear this sucker down right now. Any objections?

No? Good."

Myrsirim extends a claw and chants a phrase of ominous-sounding pseudo-latin. A massive fist crashes out of the sky and begins smashing the spire to rubble.

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Myrsirim will cast Crushing Fist of Spite, which will last for 22 rounds and deal (20d6)[65] Force damage (half of which is vile) every round. The fist will continue smashing the spire without Myrsirim's direct involvement.

While the magic fist does its destructive work, Myrsirim will pull his spellbook seemingly out of thin air and consult it. With a moment's concentration he finds the spell he wants, and invokes it as his eyes turn pitch black for a span of breaths.

"Powers of darkness, heed my call! Seven altars raise the fiend, fueled by loss of dragon demeaned. Bring me whispers of them all!"

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

Using the Quick Study Arcanist exploit, Myrsirim will switch one of his prepared spells for Vision, then will cast the spell.

Take 10 on the CL check for a result of 32. He is searching for information on the seven totems of worship, including their location, powers and guardians, if possible.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Persistent Environmental Effect
    Show

Fortitude Save DC 33 vs Nonmagical poison, or take (2d3)[3] Strength AND Dexterity AND Constitution damage.

Every time Myrsirim's spell strikes the pillar it fails to even produce the sound of an impact. A keen eye might notice that the magical fist smashes into the pillar and deforms at the moment of impact. With the combined knowledge of several players (and the occasional assistance of the game system itself) the following is pieced together.

Spoiler: Knowledge Check Results
    Show
    The Obelisk:
    Spoiler: what came before
    Show

[Arcana] - The Pillar itself carries a subtle resonance with the rush of heat coming off of the Burning empowered Fiend. Every wave of heal and destructive energy the radiates off the fiend is paired with a slight shift of magical energy upon the surface of the pillar

[Religion] - As a god might bestow upon a devote worshiper the means to influence the mortal realm, so too does this pillar bestow power upon the Empowered Fiend. The relationship is actually extremely similar.There might actually be a spark of divinity within this structure...

[Planes] - The power carried by this pillar is lacks the specific twang of energy from the lower planes. More importantly, it is sending a more concentrated version of its power to somewhere...

[Engineering] - The spikes actually seem to be cosmetic. Functional, should anyone choose to grab ahold of the pillar, but structurally unimportant for the flow of magic or the physical integrity of the pillar.

[Trap Perception] - The entire pillar radiates the presence of a threat. It would certainly be worth tinkering with it a bit to see exactly how it is a threat, but at least it does not seem to be close to blowing up anytime soon.

[Disable Device] - You see several places you could poke and prod and nudge and outright break if you would like to severely impair the function of the pillar.

Spoiler: New Knowledge
    Show
    [Arcana/Spellcraft] – The Pillar carries an extremely subtle presence of power and energy; Heat is the most readily detected form, but there is also a presence of energy that seems to scour the air around the pillar as well.

One after another you identify symbols for transmitting energy and refining energy and manipulating energy;rom the methods directly used in magical arrays like the 'Magic Circle' spell to some of the common inscriptions applied to scrolls and spellbooks to record spells, this structure seems to dabble in recording and applying the teachings of the school of Evocation.

[Religion] - Just as the game world imbues divine spellcasters with 'the gifts of their gods' so too does this pillar conduct power as a gift and an obligation. When looking at this from another perspective, this is like a holy symbol that carries a spark of divinity within and the player that uses that spark and the 'Divine being' that invested a piece of itself in the first place...

[Planes] – The energies within the pillar seem deeply connected to a location high above in the sky, and yet again to a place like until the Abyss and Hell and Gehenna all at once. Perhaps it is better said that this pillar carries an ambiguous taint of Fiends upon it.

[Engineering] – The spikes still seem cosmetic in the grander scheme of how the pillar operates, but they are also functional should a person be unlucky enough to make contact with one.

[Geography] – Very, *very* careful examination leads you to believe the spikes on the pillar can be read as a type of Star Chart if you consider just a small section. Unfortunately, the more spikes you interpret the more abstruse the Star Chart becomes; if you move beyond the first four meters from the tip of the pillar you have already exhausted the entirety of what can be made to correspond with any real star patterns. The game system offers no insights into this matter.

[History] – Nothing relevant.

[Local] – When prompted, the Essence Pattern here responds with the blurb: “Exculpates those who wronged you. Filled with the will of the Vicious Devil.”

[Nature] – Without conducting a more in depth assessment of a removed portion of the pillar it is easy enough to identify the material as Basalt, possibly a strain generated in the lower planes considering the oppressive presence it possesses, coated with copious amounts of blood and extremely fine metal shavings. The Game chimes in that this is “True-Evil Basalt” should a player be interested in classifying and codifying such things.

[Nobility] – Nothing Relevant

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Masaaki Yasuhiro

Spoiler
    Show

Show
    AC 36, Touch 14, FF 31, F/R/W 33/29/34 (49/45/50 vs. spells and SP), HP 492+165/492

Show

Show
    Permanent spells:
    Buff Routine:
    Prepare spells
    Use Bead of Karma

Show

Scarlett (Familiar, Fox)
    CG Tiny Magical Beast
    Init +2
    Defense:
    Offense:
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +16 (1d3-1)
    Statistics:
    Special Abilities:

Show
    Defense:
    Offense:

Masaaki Yasuhiro considers a bit, and asks "So... does anyone want to try hitting it directly? Or maybe... is it subject to gravity? The spell list includes some stuff for manipulating terrain... large structures generally don't like falling even a little bit. How many disintegrates do you think it'd take for it to tip under it's own weight?"
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post

Masaaki Yasuhiro

Spoiler
    Show

Show
    AC 36, Touch 14, FF 31, F/R/W 33/29/34 (49/45/50 vs. spells and SP), HP 492+165/492

Show

Show
    Permanent spells:
    Buff Routine:
    Prepare spells
    Use Bead of Karma

Show

Scarlett (Familiar, Fox)
    CG Tiny Magical Beast
    Init +2
    Defense:
    Offense:
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +16 (1d3-1)
    Statistics:
    Special Abilities:

Show
    Defense:
    Offense:

Masaaki Yasuhiro considers a bit, and asks "So... does anyone want to try hitting it directly? Or maybe... is it subject to gravity? The spell list includes some stuff for manipulating terrain... large structures generally don't like falling even a little bit. How many disintegrates do you think it'd take for it to tip under it's own weight?"
    Spoiler
    Show

“I think. Hmm. Perhaps it isn’t the pillar that we should be trying to destroy. But the area around it. Disintegrate the ground and plane shift it into the elemental plane of confusion.

...Because that’s clearly where it comes from.”

Lothwen gathers her wings and floats closer in a tight spiral.

“I almost feel like we should ask it. This has the most complicated magical aura I have ever seen and it doesn’t seem to have any other references to the quest tracker stuff at all. I mean it might be that demon’s super phylactery or something but it’s not like I can see quest markers on the map.”

She takes a deep breath.

“I probably am going to regret this.”

Before anyone can stop her she lays a hand on the black pillar and speaks. “Where is Lucent No Dri”

Spoiler: Dice
    Show
    (1d20+22)[23]+(2d6)[6] fort save.
    All Hail Fun!

19. - Top - End - #109

Before her terrible luck and lack of foresight though Lothwen invokes the blessing of the silver host to reroll the illfated fortitude save!
    Spoiler: more dice
    Show

Immediate action: (1d20+30)[39]+(2d6)[5]. Also I forgot my +4 racial bonus to saves vs poison the first time. oopsies. It's included now.
    All Hail Fun!

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Masaaki Yasuhiro

Spoiler
    Show

Show

Show

Show
    Permanent spells:
    Buff Routine:
    Prepare spells
    Use Bead of Karma

Show

Scarlett (Familiar, Fox)
    CG Tiny Magical Beast
    Init +2
    Defense:
    Offense:
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +16 (1d3-1)
    Statistics:
    Special Abilities:

Show
    Defense:
    Offense:

Masaaki Yasuhiro catches himself holding his breath as Lothwen touches the pillar, and says "And if that doesn't work out... well, we can try following the HUD. Who's good with planar geography?"
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Persistent Environmental Effect
    Show
    Fortitude Save DC 33 vs Nonmagical poison, or take (2d3)[4] Strength AND Dexterity AND Constitution damage.

The Pillar responds to Lothwen's inquiry by reddening with violent energy that pulses directly into Lothwen's hand. The material doesn't seem to be incandescent so it's possible the color change is from another property of the energy travelling through it, and not purely from heat. Alternatively, the color change could be entirely unrelated to subtle audible energy rising up to strike at Lothwen's hand; the information necessary to tell one way or the other is not currently available.
    Last edited by Doxkid; 2020-01-21 at 09:12 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

"Ow!"

Lothwen jerks her hand back.

"Well, that didn't work."

Lothwen was growing increasingly confused. There were far too few leads. And without somesort of planar adaptation magic she wasn't going to last forever here. But perhaps she could help to stem the tide. The music that emanates from her aura changes subtly and those nearby begin to ever so slowly heal over time. The burn on her hand easing from a stinging red to a gentler bruise before disappearing altogether.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Lothwen starts singing the hymn of restrazan. Fast healing 15 to those within range of her voice.
    All Hail Fun!

23. - Top - End - #113

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show

Show

Show

Show
    Permanent spells:

22 hour duration:
    Secluded Grimoire
    Enlarge Tail
    Raiment of Command
    Magic Armor-Greater
    Heart of Water
    Primal Instinct
    Detect Scrying
    Moment of Prescience
    Mind Blank
    Spellbane -

Permanent duration:

220 minute duration:
    Strong Jaw
    Tears to Wine

Show

Myrsirim stares off into space, grimacing as the spell goes wildly off course. Once that ends he notices the conversation taking place in the chat thread with Dox, realising the situation has gone from bad to worse.

"So, uh, I don't want anyone to panic, but apparently those 'technical issues' mentioned earlier have gotten out of Dox's control.

My interface is getting screwy, the AI is out of whack and our abilities aren't working like they should. Also, we can't log out.

I would suggest we intentionally die just to end the raid, but I feel like we'd still reappear like Lothwen did...

Oh, and did I mention that the Penitent one intercepted my Vision and announced that we have four minutes until he ascends?"

24. - Top - End - #114

"No. And unless it decides to I dunno...leave a road map as to where to go I'm out of ideas? Could we just blow the damn thing up?"
    All Hail Fun!

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Perception: +28 ;|;
    Senses: Tremorsense (60 feet), Darkvision (60 feet),
    Spoiler: Defences
    Show
    Armour Class: 46, Touch 34, FF 28, CMD 52
    Smoke, Kobold Sniper
    Level 20 Bushwacker Spacemarine Gunslinger, Scholar, Technician| Hit Points: 220/220 | Spell Points: 21/25 | Grit: 5/5 | Stamina: 17/21 | Gadgets 15/15 | Charge 25/25

Smoke sighed over the intercom "Seriously.. this is going to be one of those missions? I never really did these rush missions when the game was live before. Only did the slower ones.. Still have a long while to wait for resting to recharge my stamina pool. I'm.. also not sure how to get down from here. Normally I'd teleport down, but you've got that blockade in effect"

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Spoiler: Current effects
    Show

Blink 50% miss chance
    190 rouns remain

Camoflage current set to +10 Steath in mountain/cold region -10 stealth in other regions.
    Resting - Regain 1 stamina point for each minute of rest I can take.

Immune to Poison, Disease (Necklace)
    Does not need to breath (Mask, Necklace)
    immune to scrying and any form of divination that attempts to ascertain her location, thoughts, or alignment
    Cannot be detected by Scent
    Currently hiding again
    Can see through natural smoke
    can see through magical and normal clouds, fogs, mists, and similar effects that grant concealment, but only so long as the wearer is within the area of such concealment

Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

26. - Top - End - #116

It was at this point that Lothwen unmuted the chat channels that she had turned off when she figured she'd be in raid environment. And her All-Caps exclamation is heard in here as a particularly large shriek.

"What do you mean we Can't Log Off??!"
    All Hail Fun!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Masaaki Yasuhiro

Spoiler
    Show

Show

Show

Show
    Permanent spells:
    Buff Routine:
    Prepare spells
    Use Bead of Karma

Show

Scarlett (Familiar, Fox)
    CG Tiny Magical Beast
    Init +2
    Defense:
    Offense:
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +16 (1d3-1)
    Statistics:
    Special Abilities:

Show
    Defense:
    Offense:

Masaaki Yasuhiro considers "Well, HUD says we failed this one, and gives options. I'd rather not simply teleport to them - among other things, I'm pretty sure they're using one of my tricks... who's got Wish and an easy way to pay for it? Apparently we're on a clock. Let's see if we can Zerg Rush this. We can't log out, we apparently don't die, but Penny's apparent self-awareness makes me rather nervous."
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

Lothwen stares at the pillar and tries to work through some magical theory and running through whatever diagnostic magic she is capable of.

Spoiler: dice
    Show
    Lothwen detects evil on the pillar.
    Lothwen rolls spellcraft to see if she can somehow trace where the magical power the pillar is projecting is going too. Or perhaps work out which spells are on it. (1d20+37)[40]+(2d8)[7]

Then nodding with satisfaction she casts a spell to unmake the magic of the pillar. Or at least try.
    Spoiler: more dice.
    Show

Greater dispel magic: Caster check (1d20+20)[40]
    All Hail Fun!

29. - Top - End - #119

I can Blood Money up a Wish. So long as I get some Strength Healing in the interim. I'm just not sure what to Wish for... Do I try to bring us to him? Or him to us? Or are we headded to one of these other Quest locations?

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ahus View Post
    I can Blood Money up a Wish. So long as I get some Strength Healing in the interim. I'm just not sure what to Wish for... Do I try to bring us to him? Or him to us? Or are we headded to one of these other Quest locations?

Masaaki Yasuhiro

Spoiler
    Show

Show

Show

Show
    Permanent spells:
    Buff Routine:
    Prepare spells
    Use Bead of Karma

Show

Scarlett (Familiar, Fox)
    CG Tiny Magical Beast
    Init +2
    Defense:
    Offense:
    Speed 40 ft.
    Melee bite +16 (1d3-1)
    Statistics:
    Special Abilities:

Show
    Defense:
    Offense:

Masaaki Yasuhiro quickly says "Quest location. And I've got your back on the healing." A he readies an action to lay down a Heal after the casting.
    Spoiler
    Show