New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Thanksmasnewyearskwannzahkah 2019: HALOed Angel Atop The Tree

[A Very Wyrmling Thanksmas]

"Oooh! I can make dice! I'm aces at making simple shapes and stuff. Does the game need fancy shaped dice or just the normal cube-shaped ones?"
    Navvy inquires. Most games just need the cube shaped ones in his experience. "Some tag would be swell but I think we might get in trouble for running around in here."

He glances over his shoulder to see if Kara is coming back.

It looks like she's been waylaid by that guy in the funny suit maybe?

Hopefully everything is okay.

[Parts and Labor]

It is at about this time that Raril's phone will buzz.

Zee has sent a message informing him that she found and cleaned out the taxi and that she's on her way back. She should arrive at the temple in a few minutes.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-01-15 at 11:28 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Sneaking In]

Who's that showing up late? Why, it's Lynette! She's more subdued than she was when she was dating Felandria, at least in terms of appearance; the fancy dresses she used to wear to things like this have been replaced by a green sweater and heavy white pants, though any winter coat she might own appears to have been left behind. Maybe she took the teleporter instead of the shuttle? If she's living near Mallside now, that might be a short enough walk that it wasn't worth needing to find a place for it here.

She's also sticking to the edges of the party for now. Maybe she's trying to work up the nerve to make her wish? Or it could just be that she thinks Santa is busy at the moment. Either way, she doesn't seem to have noticed that Fel is here yet, though it won't be long before she does. Even when Fel's not being huge, she kind of stands out in a crowd, between her height and the bright red hair. And Lynette knows her well enough to know that an (awkward, probably) encounter isn't exactly unlikely at Thanksmas, so she's keeping an eye out, too.
    Meanwhile, Felandria is finishing her mug of cocoa, she looks around the party, being alert for any glaring problems that may arise.

A bunch of the tiny babs run past her, playing tag, she moves out of the way and nearly trips over a cleaning bot.

She recovers and sighs contentedly, everything is going just

Lynette is here.

Lynette

Is here

Must hide, gotta hide

Can’t hide, am too toll.

Fel looks around and attempts to look as nonchalant as possible.

She looks extremely chalant.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Parts and Labor]

After what probably feels like an eternity in the creepy temple (and partly is considering it took about eight hours) Tauron finally emerges from the dungeon. "It's been delivered. Both Ilpholin and her child are at perfect health." As perfect as you can be after just giving birth at least.
    Shortly afterwards, Ilpholin and the child will be brought into the room on a wheelchair pushed by two of the surgery drones.
    Reinholdt can probably describe them in better details, but they look healthy at least.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

[By the Shuttle]

Reinholdt thinks Blanche deserves the best. But really, that's less him fretting and more of his natural scheming and planning ahead. Always did have one eye on the future.

"Ah well, that's just an example," Reinholdt assures her. There's that awkward pause. Fortunately Rein has no intention of letting it drag, finding words easier. "So how have you been? What have you been up to lately?"

[Kitty Cats (And a Tag Thief)]

Reinholdt laughs at Kitty apparently being a little scatterbrained. Which is just to be expected when raising four kids. "I may have overstated the number of charms they use." They still didn't really explain the armor, but it must be some sort of personal preference that's proven effective thus far, so Rein doesn't push.

"Anyways, I still have someone else I need to meet." Rein holds up his remaining present. "It was good to catch up Kitty. Obriane, it was a real pleasure to meet you. Annie, you behave and watch out for your sisters, alright? Merry Thanksmas."

[Parts and Labour]

Mister Squiggles has not always been that big! Good eye Raril. He foes still provide a very polite chittering to the terrified drow before acooting to one corner out of the way. He's a bit wary of this place in general but it should be fine so long as he doesn't move around a lot.

When Ilpholin is wheeled out, she looks the same way she did when she visited Raril's office to tell him she was pregnant. Skin so pale it looks untouched by the sun, yet shining in an almost unearthly manner, more so thanks to the small remaining sheen of sweat. Her amethyst hair is clearly artificial and made of durable metal. Most striking perhaps is her eyes. She still possesses vivid emerald pupils, but the sclera are completely black. This must be her true form now, not the masqueraded Ilpholin of old she pretends to be.

In her arms, swaddled tightly is a baby boy, now quietly looking up with his black eyes. Not completely black. Just normal black with normal sclera of white. He possesses olive skin and small amount of black hair already starting to curl a little. His pointy ears, smaller than a human baby's, mark him decidedly as an elf. There's something surreal about him, as if it were all a dream, but that can easily be attributed to nerves and the setting. He wiggles, staring about at Raril, Zee, Magtok, and Mecha-Squiggles each in turn as only a baby can.

"Hi. I'd like to introduce Nalhrae Xar'cha. Say hi." Ilpholin says in a quiet, subdued, happy voice. She's clearly drained, but also still riding the high. They'll have to introduce themselves though. The mother needs a break.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-01-16 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #455

[Parts and Labour]

"She will need to rest. She could do it here, but any of you are welcome to offer a place to stay. I don't recommend any longer trips however." Or any walking, but that should be pretty obvious.
    Tauron will offer some more medical advice on how to best treat Ilpholin and her baby these first few weeks but won't otherwise adress the group unless they have some other questions for him.

Obriane smirks as Kitty punches her shoulder. "It's not like you're attracting spirits like me either, babe." She points out while rubbing her shoulder.
    Then she turns to nod at Rein. "Eh, yes. 'Merry Thankmas', Rein. Good to finally get to see you and thanks for the offer."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

"Bye bye!" Annie waves to Rein. Kitsuki leans over to her and murmurs something. "Thanks for the bird!" She adds.

Kitsuki winks at Obriane and then focuses back on Rein as he's making to depart. "We'll have to do this more often. It was nice to see you. Merry Thanksmas." She smiles warmly.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Central Area

"Yes, it took a lot of convincing for me to even let Cora touch training swords so she certainly isn't to be allowed to touch weapons like that for quite a while." Cessie comments as Jezebel explains her weaponry.
    The sorceress then smiles. "So I hope Jezebel haven't planned to give her one for thankmas. Knight figures and books will do just fine."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Central Area

Koshal nods as he hands the weapon back to Jezebel. He’s fairly sure it would hurt his ears, armor directing the sound or not. And he has no idea what cult and eccclle-thing she’s talking about but he can smile and pretend he does.
    Koshal has only met Cora a few times, so he can’t weigh in on her Thanksmas gifts. Knight things sounds about right, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Central Area]

Wenomir shrugs.

"Our people come in all shapes and sizes. I'm sure some of them might be interested in learning how to use enormous and heavy weapons. Or how to get through heavy armor."

He then turns to Cessie with a smile.

"Cora is certainly eager to hold a real weapon. She's asked me to let her hold the Answer more than once. I have to keep telling her a sword isn't to be handled lightly even in a controlled situation. She is easy to get presents for, at least, though I'm running out of sword-related ideas by now, I think. And Bastion and Jillian's interests don't line up with my profession as much. Jillian and Cora are like night and day, especially."

Central Area

"I don't let Sergei or Ariel touch or try this weapon either. Sergei should be able to wield such later in life with more ease than I can, but that is most definitely not now. I've only just finished teaching them the basics of knives and pistols, though Sergei is being trained in heavier blades as well." From anyone else and it would more than likely be extremely worrying to hear such, but for Jezebel it was entirely important to make sure her children knew not just the fundamentals of weapons, but the safety around them too. "But as for presents, I've got a few things in mind that shouldn't bring about wanton destruction and mayhem."

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kitty Cats (and a Tag Thief)]

Reinholdt raises an eyebrow at Obraine's comment. Well... that would make them ideal for the exorcism business. No wonder they don't have trouble finding work. He'd ask more, but he already made for a goodbye. Darn it, all the most interesting stuff shows up last.

He smiles at Annie though. "You're welcome. Enjoy." She's just so cute. Rein nods once to Kitty and Obraine both. "Don't wait until next holiday season to visit me, alright?" With a final wave he turns and walks off to catch up with his future scene with Alexis Blanche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #459

Once Rein have left, Obriane turns to Kitty. "Seemed like a nice guy. He's a bit like you but a cat instead of a fox, right? Since that's how I understood it at least."

[Central Area]

It was still worrying to Cessie that Jezebel trained him to fight as such an early age. Even more so since he was somehow "genetically" disposed to be talanted in that skillset.
    But then...
    "You're teaching Ariel too?" The sorceress inquires with a raised eyebrow. Well aware of the girls young age. It wasn't the sort of topic that should be discussed here but failing to clarify what Jezebel meant felt like it might give the wrong impression of her. She should be given a chance to explain what she meant in the eyes of the others.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Central Area]

Koshal raises an eyebrow at the two women. He vaguely remembers Ariel and Sergei from a previous Thanksmas. What's wrong with her having an understanding of knife safety? She's too young to be handling real swords but the basics are fine for someone young if they want. What happens if something bad happens and she doesn't know how to fight at all? Or cuts herself trying to cook?
    Faye curls out of Koshal's shadow, standing in the middle of the group. She doesn't seem to have chosen the best time to beg for attention, but the black shadow-blink dog is apparently convinced that she and her Thanksmas ribbons can overcome even socially awkward conversation and receive the pets.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

[Central Area]

"I've only ever met Sergei and Ariel once, when I played Santa one Thanksmas. I don't know if they'd recognize me. Bastion wasn't fooled, I'm pretty sure." Now that he thinks about it, aren't the Mithar kids and Jezebel's kids like siblings, now that Jezebel and Cessie seem to be headed for a long-term relationship? Not the kind of thing he's going to ask about... "What did you have in mind, Jezebel? I'm not going to steal your ideas, but some inspiration could help." He's about to say that fate has made him the cool uncle rather than a father, but something about this doesn't sound right. And not just because Cessie is known to be touchy about familial terms for people who aren't related. His uncertainty is dispelled by Faye's appearance. "Hello, Faye," he says, reaching down to pet the dog.
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-01-20 at 09:42 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

"Something like that. If you wanted to see him turn into a cat you coulda asked. I bet he would have." Kitsuki grins playfully.

13. - Top - End - #463

[Kitty (and a Tag Thief)]

"And if he had asked you, you'd turn into a fox?" Obriane smiles back. "Not that you aren't enough of one already." She giggles and winks.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Kitsuki laughs. "I can't deny that. I don't respond well to commands, though."

She looks at Annie. "Alright, tyke, time to let Obi go free. How about you go and get a cookie from the table." She points to a table of snacks.

Annie's eyes widen. You don't have to tell her twice. She scoots off Obriane's lap and runs over to the table. "Just one!" Kitsuki calls after her.

The kitsune leans back in her chair and puts her arm around Obriane. "He's a good guy, though. Cute, too. You're sure you're not jealous, right?" She gives her fiancee a sly wink.

15. - Top - End - #465

"She's not just going to take one." Obriane observes knowingly as she watches Annie run for the table. Not that she minded too much. It was difficult to put the foot down when it came to Annie. She usually let Kitty do it, but she couldn't let her fiancee be the bad guy all the time so she sometimes took a stance against Annie's tantrums.

She then giggles at Kitty's suggestion. "Oh, I don't believe you're that foxy. Or are you? Is your foxiness limitless?" She puts an arm around her fiancee and teasingly prods her tails.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well now I'm hurt." Kitsuki looks away and turns her nose up in an exaggerated motion. "You should definitely be more worried about cute boys, Obriane. You can't trust them to be able to help themselves around me. Don't you think?" She looks at her fiancee out the corner of her eye.

17. - Top - End - #467

"I don't trust them around you, but I do trust you." Obriane says with a cheeky grin. "Nor do I trust girls for that matter. Don't think I don't see how people, of either gender, look at you. You're the only thing keeping them all at bay."

18. - Top - End - #468
    Barbarian in the Playground

Parts and Labour

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Parts and Labour]

Mister Squiggles has not always been that big! Good eye Raril. He foes still provide a very polite chittering to the terrified drow before acooting to one corner out of the way. He's a bit wary of this place in general but it should be fine so long as he doesn't move around a lot.

When Ilpholin is wheeled out, she looks the same way she did when she visited Raril's office to tell him she was pregnant. Skin so pale it looks untouched by the sun, yet shining in an almost unearthly manner, more so thanks to the small remaining sheen of sweat. Her amethyst hair is clearly artificial and made of durable metal. Most striking perhaps is her eyes. She still possesses vivid emerald pupils, but the sclera are completely black. This must be her true form now, not the masqueraded Ilpholin of old she pretends to be.

In her arms, swaddled tightly is a baby boy, now quietly looking up with his black eyes. Not completely black. Just normal black with normal sclera of white. He possesses olive skin and small amount of black hair already starting to curl a little. His pointy ears, smaller than a human baby's, mark him decidedly as an elf. There's something surreal about him, as if it were all a dream, but that can easily be attributed to nerves and the setting. He wiggles, staring about at Raril, Zee, Magtok, and Mecha-Squiggles each in turn as only a baby can.

"Hi. I'd like to introduce Nalhrae Xar'cha. Say hi." Ilpholin says in a quiet, subdued, happy voice. She's clearly drained, but also still riding the high. They'll have to introduce themselves though. The mother needs a break.

((I know I said I wasn't going to post for this, but shut up.))

It was pretty clear that the half-elf had things under control with the Phyrexian goop at the party, so after procuring a sample for research later, Yuletok didn't really have any more good excuses to stay away from the temple anymore. I mean, it's spooky and foreboding, sure, but we're a MagClone. We've dealt with far worse than spooky before, c'mon! The corrupting fluids were passed up to the fleet in space, an explanation for the foul liquid was given as well as some very strict instructions about secure containment procedures, but after that, we had nothing better to do than go back to the temple, so Mag took a ride to Mallside, bought a few snacks for Raril, Zee, and himself to share while they all waited for the baby, wasted another thirty minutes eating all of the snacks himself, and was talked into buying a new phone and installing a rideshare app so he'd be able to get back to the temple without walking all the way there on foot like some kind of worthless peasant.

"He's beautiful," Magtok answers with all of the enthusiasm he can muster, in spite of his long and ugly history of evil demon babies ushering in apocalypses. All of his instincts insist this is it, that this is just another rotten monster baby that will usher in yet another global catastrophe, but those instincts have been wrong and stupid and worthless many times before. Let's just give Nalhrae and Ilpholin a chance instead of assuming the worst. We can talk about this Phyrexian issue later, when it's not her big important day.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

[Sneaking About]

Lynette is apparently pretty bad at sneaking around at parties, although she's not actually trying very hard to avoid notice from someone who's looking for her. Or just recognizes her. She's just trying not to draw attention to herself, which is going alright so far. Except for Fel's attention, which was kind of the point of avoiding attention to begin with, but it's not her fault that Fel can see over everyone's head. You know whose fault that is? Fel's, that's who. Stupid half-giant demigoddess, being all tall and stuff.

Speaking of being tall... Lynette spots her a few moments after Fel sees the witch, and likewise freezes, looking more than a little chalant herself. She looks like she's deciding between bolting for the teleporters and simply trying to ignore the matter as completely as possible - if she just doesn't approach Fel, they can enjoy the holiday in peace. They're both adults, right? Surely they can handle being in the same room, even if their engagement ended horribly, and they completely failed to reconcile anything at all (and may have actively made things worse) the one time they've met since they split up.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2020-02-22 at 10:49 AM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

"I don't trust them around you, but I do trust you." Obriane says with a cheeky grin. "Nor do I trust girls for that matter. Don't think I don't see how people, of either gender, look at you. You're the only thing keeping them all at bay."

"Not even a little jealousy, huh?" Kitsuki mock pouts. A little jealousy can be flattering. But her expression immediately shifts to a sly smile once more. "A lack of jealousy has its perks too, though. You know what those are?" She grins, clearly up to something.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Sneaking About]

Lynette is apparently pretty bad at sneaking around at parties, although she's not actually trying very hard to avoid notice from someone who's looking for her. Or just recognizes her. She's just trying not to draw attention to herself, which is going alright so far. Except for Fel's attention, which was kind of the point of avoiding attention to begin with, but it's not her fault that Fel can see over everyone's head. You know whose fault that is? Fel's, that's who. Stupid half-giant demigoddess, being all tall and stuff.

Speaking of being tall... Lynette spots her a few moments after Fel sees the witch, and likewise freezes, looking more than a little chalant herself. She looks like she's deciding between bolting for the teleporters and simply trying to ignore the matter as completely as possible - if she just doesn't approach Fel, they can enjoy the holiday in peace. They're both adults, right? Surely they can handle being in the same room, even if their engagement ended horribly, and they completely failed to reconcile anything at all (and may have actively made things worse) the one time they've met since they split up.
    Felandria considers whether of not she should wave.

Also how to wave, there are several ways to wave, after all.

This shouldn’t be too awkward, Fel’s new girlfriend does not currently seem to be here, which might exacerbate things.

She decides on a simple, stiff wristed wave where the hand tilts left and right.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre