New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character

Pressing the large double doors open reveals a large semi-circular room, the interior of which is choked with dozens, if not hundreds, of blocks of clear ice that float above the floor on thin tethers. Each block contains some kind of bird. The variety represented here is nothing short of astounding: from a minuscule hummingbird floating in a fist-sized block to a great eagle in a block as big as a horse. The whole mass looks like some sort of macabre underwater forest.

Through the forest of bird-filled ice cubes you spot enemies:

Three giants, the size of the Ettins, but with singular heads, gills, fins and webbed feet and toes carry longspears, with crossbows and daggers for sidearms. They wear water proof hide armor. You notice them instantly due to their glowing red eyes. Their blue skin is mottled with red markings.

Additionally, a green-hag with strange imp-like wings, tail and horn seems to be among them.

Initiative:
    Enemies: (1d20+2)[12]

Abigail: (1d20+2)[11]
    Alistair: (1d20+5)[15]
    Levi: (1d20+7)[15]
    Liselle: (1d20+17)[23]
    Orchid: (1d20+2)[11]
    Solstafir: (1d20+9)[13]

Alistair, Levi, Liselle and Solstafir have initiative.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2021-12-20 at 09:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair

"Kill the Hag first!" Alistair said, "watch for its strength draining touches and spells!"

He starts casting a spell to summon a celestial porpoise.

Spoiler
    Show
    casting time is 1 round
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

Solstafir accepted Levi's offer with half a nod and full a grunt. The one thing he most excelled at was survivability and every further enhancement was worthwhile in his book.

Not in any way adept at swimming he for all intents and purposes rode on the back of his horse-sized spider minion, letting the rhythmic stroke of its legs carry them through the water, seeming almost a war galley with four oars to either side. With his shield out of play the mad smith decided to give the pair of Spider Scimitars their first taste of Dungeon blood, the fine edge of smooth, dark chitin parting the water as he slashed at one of the sea-dwelling ogres. The resistance of water hampered his strike, but there was enough strength yet left both natural and supernatural to part flesh and bone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift to transfer Essentia from useless Mantle of Flames into Strongheart Vest, reducing any ability damage I take by 4.

Foe Hammer
    attack - (1d20+9)[20] slashing damage - (1d8+6)[13] Maneuver damage - (2d6)[2] Lightning Gauntlets - (4d6)[17]
    -2 attack penalty for underwater combat included. Damage will be halved for weapon damage and possibly maneuver damage, but not the electricity damage.

On 18-20
    Crit confirm - (1d20+9)[22] slashing damage - (1d8+6)[8]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Levi double moves forward, pressing through the water at a modest pace and taking cover behind a large block of ice, also providing the cover of darkness around the backline. (at 35ft ahead, a -14 penalty to hit with Eldritch Blast is too much, getting closer seems best)

Liselle moves forward, putting her barely in reach of attacking with her spiked chain. She uses Emerald Razor, power attacking for full against the Hag.
    (1d20+8)[28] (I think modifier is correct)
    Dealing (4d6+23)[41] damage
    On a 28 (1d20+8)[24] to hit, for an extra (4d6+23)[34]

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Liselle's spiked chain manages to wrap itself around the Hag's neck and with a swift jerk, the Hag's head separates from her body, filling the surrounding water with cloud of visceral ichor.

Solstafir's spider carries him into the fray, with the Hag a beheaded corpse his attack turns towards one of the Merrows, electrocuting it severely. Being underwater, the electricity arcs out to any other nearby creatures (DM discretion), zapping the gang of aquatic giants. Liselle and the rest of the party are far enough away to avoid the damage, but not the Hag's guard of Merrow warrior.

Three of the Marrow warriors in turn shift (5ft step) their positioning in effort to surround and impale the electric dwarf with their spears, their fiendish power channeling into their weapons (Smite).
    (1d20+10)[30] to hit
    On hit it deals (1d8+11)[19]
    On a 28, (1d20+10)[21] to confirm for an extra (1d8+11)[17]

(1d20+10)[22] to hit
    On hit it deals (1d8+11)[12]
    On a 28, (1d20+10)[19] to confirm for an extra (1d8+11)[19]

(1d20+10)[23] to hit
    On hit it deals (1d8+11)[14]
    On a 28, (1d20+10)[24] to confirm for an extra (1d8+11)[19]

The last and most injured of the foes shifts as blood spills from the wound from Sosltafir's axe, retrieving a conch horn from its belt and sounds an alarm. If any other foes are lurking within the depths of the waters of this flooded tower, you've probably lost any chance at the element of surprise, it's also possible reinforcements may be on their way.

Spoiler: Enemy Status
    Show
    Half-Fiend Green Hag is dead.
    Merrow Warrior 1 has taken 25 damage.
    Merrow Warrior 2 has taken 17 damage.
    Merrow Warrior 3 has taken 17 damage.
    Merrow Warrior 4 has taken 17 damage.

Alistair's Celestial Porpoise materializes, ready to act at his direction.
    The party may act.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Levi unleashes his water spider swarm (35 ft range) on the nearest enemy or two enemies if he can include both of them within swarm radius. He positions them in the area that excludes his allies.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Swarm Damage: (1d6)[4]

If enemy/ies damaged, take (1d3)[1] initial STR damage. Whether they are damage or not, they must make Fort DC 13 to prevent being nauseated.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2021-12-24 at 06:34 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

As the group descends into the frigid cold water and decides upon a door the priestess gets behind those she has seen go into melee before they open the door. And as soon as battle ensues she watches, her eyes flicking back and forth as seconds go by. At the first sign of blood from Solstafir the priestess calls upon Pelor's light and for a brief moment the room gets brighter as she extends her hand towards him. A moment later a warm golden glow seems to envelop him, if only for the briefest of moments, healing some of his wounds.

Spoiler: Immediate Action
    Show
    Close wounds (1d4+5)[7] + 4 (Healing Hands), + 6 (Augmented Healing), + 6 Temporary HP (imbued Healing)+ 6hp (magic of the land) if Pass DC 18 (1d20+12)[15] Will not be using Healing kicker as Solstafir will hit them before it is their turn again so it will null and void the sanctuary effect.

Swimming to be behind Solstafir, so he could not be flanked the priestess grew worried as the conch shell sounded from one of the creatures before them. Fearing what more enemies may come their way and try to overwhelm them in numbers, Abigale quickly casts a defensive spell upon her allies to aid them in their defenses of whatever else may come their way in the next few minutes.

Spoiler: Standard Action
    Show
    Casting Divine Protection (all allies in a 20ft. radius burst) gain a +1 MORALE bonus to AC and saves

Spoiler: Spells in effect from Sister Abigale on party
    Show

Divine Protection +1 Morale bonus on AC and saves 6min
    Mass Conviction +3 Morale bonus on Saves (was 60 mins, not sure how much is left)
    Magic Circle Against Evil (centered on her) +2 Deflection bonus to AC, +2 Resistance bonus to saves (same duration as Mass Conviction)
    Last edited by dantiesilva; 2021-12-25 at 09:33 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair sinks to the bottom and starts walking towards the enemies. His porpoise, on the other hand, moves up and tries to aid the attack of anyone engaging in melee with any enemies.

Spoiler
    Show

porpoise aid: (1d20+7)[19]
    How high off the bottom are the enemies?
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid darts through the water to Solstafir's side, bringing down a claw onto the nearest Merrow.

Show
    Move action: Move next to Solstafir.
    Standard: Rending Claw: Attack(Crit on 29; subtract 2 from attack due to being underwater): (1d20+9)[13] Damage: (1d6+4)[10] + 1 + (1d4)[1]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+9)[13] Damage: (3d6+12)[28] + 3 + (3d4)[9]
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

Two of the aquatic giants struck true on the dwarven smith rather out of his elements, but one of the incoming strikes he managed to deflect by crossing his blades and pushing the spear's shaft upward. He went into a quick pattern of attacks with the pair of chitinous scimitars, cleaving the water to then cleave flesh in a blur that left white streaks dancing through the water like a silent echo left in the wake of the blades' passing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flashing Sun
    attack - (1d20+6)[20] -2 underwater, -4 TWF, -2 Maneuver, +1 WF, +1 Enhancement, +2 Furious Counterstrike
    slashing damage - (1d8+11)[19] +1 Enhancement, +2 Furious Counterstrike, +3 weapon ability
    crit confirm(18-20)
    attack - (1d20+6)[24] -2 underwater, -4 TWF, -2 Maneuver, +1 WF, +1 Enhancement, +2 Furious Counterstrike
    slashing damage - (1d8+8)[12] +1 Enhancement, +2 Furious Counterstrike, +3 weapon ability

attack - (1d20+6)[8] -2 underwater, -4 TWF, -2 Maneuver, +1 WF, +1 Enhancement, +2 Furious Counterstrike
    slashing damage - (1d8+11)[16] +1 Enhancement, +2 Furious Counterstrike, +3 weapon ability
    crit confirm(18-20)
    attack - (1d20+6)[24] -2 underwater, -4 TWF, -2 Maneuver, +1 WF, +1 Enhancement, +2 Furious Counterstrike
    slashing damage - (1d8+8)[9] +1 Enhancement, +2 Furious Counterstrike, +3 weapon ability

Secondary bite attack granted by weapon pair
    attack - (1d20-1)[15] damage - (1d4+7)[11] strength damage - (1d4)[4] Fort DC 12 negates

Spider attack
    (1d20+7)[10] (1d8+5)[6][Magic, Evil]
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot Lightning Gauntlets
    Electricity - (4d6)[15]

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler: Swim Check
    Show
    swim - (1d20+7)[26]

With the alarm already sounded, Liselle had no particular reason to concentrate on the marrow who was blowing the horn. Instead, she moves over to assist Orchid and Solstafir in clearing out the three that were attacking the dwarf.

Spoiler
    Show

Guessing that since the marrows are only a 5' step out of formation, Lis doesn't need more than that to engage the ones around Solstafir...

Also, since no-one seems to have used the Aid Another from the porpoise yet, I'll add it to my first attack.

No power attack this round, to increase the odds of a double hit.

Temporary bonuses applying to this attack: +2 to hit (flanking), +2 to hit (porpoise aid, first attack only), +1d6 Sneak Attack.

"Attack 1" - (1d20+20)[31] - Crit on a 40
    "Crit Conf 1" - (1d20+26)[40]
    "Damage 1" - (5d6+11)[24] (includes 1d6 sneak attack)
    "Crit Damage 1" - (4d6+11)[16]

"Attack 2" - (1d20+13)[27] - Crit on a 33
    "Crit Conf 2" - (1d20+19)[21]
    "Damage 1" - (5d6+11)[27] (includes 1d6 sneak attack)
    "Crit Damage 1" - (4d6+11)[31]

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The group springs into action. Between the onslaught of attacks from the vanguard, the aquatic giants are made into bloody chum and are dead.

There appears to be no remaining immediate threat.

Each character gains 6,300 XP which should max the XP you can gain this delve.

Pillaging the bodies it appears the hag had some potions contained in weird sealed animal bladders:

• 2x Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
    • Potion of Bull's Strength
    • Potion of Haste
    • 2x Potions of Nondetection

Those with a good eye can tell this collection of bird specimens would fetch good coin to a collector in Solum:

6,000gp in valuables.

Searching the rest of the room, you locate a lever. After examining the lever and determining no traps are involved, it is pulled, lifting sections of the wall at the base of the room allowing the icy water to drain. This level is no longer flooded, however, the next level down is still underwater.

The two remaining doors are also thoroughly investigated, opened and explored. Both rooms nearly mirroring each other with large nets hanging across a wall, with many folds and layers, which are anchored to the floor and ceiling. In the center of each room is a water-logged wooden table with two concave stones to serve as makeshift chairs and a stone box in each chamber.

While the stone boxes mostly contain items of questionable quality likely once belonging to the fiendish giants who are now dead, there are a few items of special interest:

Invocation Tome:
    Prerequisite - able to cast invocations Fell Flight and Summon Swarm
    Once read, the Tome's magic is consumed.
    The User may now choose upon invoking Fell Flight whether to gain a Flight or a Swim speed.
    The User may now choose to summon a Swarm of Piranha, (as bat swarm except Swim speed instead of flight speed, 1d8 damage, +1 DC on Distract, and lose Blindsense).

Martial Script:
    Prerequisite - Grace +1
    Stance: Man Overboard
    Benefit: While completely submerged in water, you're considered to be under the effects of Freedom of Movement as the spell.

Healer Tome:
    Prerequisite - Healing Hands class feature
    Once read, the Tome's magic is consumed
    Add Swim as a first level divine spell to one of your spell lists.

14. - Top - End - #1154

AssassinGuy

Levi frowns and shakes his head as his summon spiders suffocates and vanishes but the chopped pieces of their enemies at the courtesy of his allies amend the inverted smile into a neutral line.

"Dark laden beings that lack darkness. How boring."

That line morphs to a smile during looting time as he cancels his darkness.

"Dibs on the invocation book that modify my abilities."

He waves at the potions.

"And the healing potions unless there are objections."

Show
    Personality Switch: Dark Scholar -> Salesman
    Last edited by Yas392; 2021-12-30 at 02:59 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't mind the motions, got something different in my mind." Solstafir spent some moments wringing out his beard, the excess of hair adding a steady dribble to his step long after the water was drained from the room. He eyed the still flooded lower level with a mighty harumph of displeasure. He'd take ten more ettins over all of this in a heartbeat. But more than the water itself, it was the knowledge that he was completely dependent on the group's casters if he was to do anything in this Dungeon, and this feeling of inadequacy gnawed at him with sufficient furious vigor to chew through boiled leather.

Still, the experience didn't leave him without reward. After inspecting the bodies of the merrows he selected the one least impaired by the touch of spell and blade and cut off its armour. After preparing a dry patch of ground by chasing away the remaining moisture with his fiery breath he laid of a circle of silver dust into which he painted the High Dwarven rune of death before pouring a vial of unholy water in the hollow between rune and circle. With the preparations complete he took out an amulet and released its spell on the circle, its unfurling of power licking at the skin as a breath of winter's chill. With the stage set he heaved the marrow into the circle. He closed his eyes and held out his palm, whereupon an intangible nothingness in the shape of a matte black crown formed on the merrow's head, the very same crown disappearing from the spider causing it to collapse into a lifeless heap. The now undead merrow rose to its feet, at first ponderous, then with a fluidity alien to common zombies, and Solstafir gave a satisfied nod. Black motes of light swam beneath the surface of its skin, turning the fatal cut left by his axe into a bottomless abyss. It took another minute to transfer the spider's items to the much improved minion, along with the pair of chitin scimitars it took hold of with surprising surety in its grip. "There. That should be much better."

Spoiler
    Show
    Stat block for the Merrow Necrocarnum Zombie

Merrow Necrocarnum Zombie
    Large Undead[Evil, Necrocarnum]
    HD: 4d12+7(33 HP)
    (Initiative: +1) shares initiative of master
    Speed: 30 ft, Swim 40 ft
    AC: 23(1 dex, 8 natural, 4 Mage Armor, 1 Incarnum Defense -1 size)
    Attack: Spider Scimitar +8, 1d8+11
    Full Attack: Spider Scimitars +4/+4, 1d8+11, 1d8+7, Bite -1, 1d8+7, 1d4 str damage poison Fort DC 12
    Saves: Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +2
    Attributes: Str 25+2 Dex 12 Con - Int - Wis 10 Cha 1
    Feats: Toughness
    Damage reduction 5/magic and slashing, Incarnum Defense, Incarnum Speed, 1 Essentia
    Essentia in Incarnum Defense

Equipment: Spider Scimitars, Belt of the Berserker, Sandals of the Setting Sun
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2021-12-31 at 05:18 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid tries to wring out the water from her hair, but when she finally notices the lower level filled with water she gives up on the task.

"I'm really glad I have this tail now, but I wish we didn't have to swim on a time limit." she comments, staring at the water.

On noting Solstafir's activity, she speaks again.

"So, thinking about throwing some grafts on it when we get back Solstafir?" she asks.

Turning to Levi, she makes a comment.

"Anything else, can be handed to Chester- he's smart enough to move around and hand out potions if you ask him for one." the Artificer then motions toward the animated chest with stubby legs and arms that had been following behind at a distance.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair

“I can use the man overboard script,” Alistair said, “if nobody has any issues, I’ll use that one.”
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

As the last enemy falls Sister Rosalind looks on with a bit of worry as seconds turn into minutes, waiting for the reinforcements to arrive. When none do show themselves and her spell to protect the others ends she seems to relax a bit more. "Levi would you mind doing your thing to get the others back to full while we explore this area?" the priestess of pelor asks, wanting to make sure everyone was in tip top shape for the next battle. It was nice however to be in a dry area, even if only momentarily. Checking the time remaining on her earlier spells she cast upon the party she lets them know how much longer until her protections expire.

Spoiler: Spells being refereed to
    Show

Mass Conviction Was 60 mins when we first entered
    Magic Circle against Evil Was 60 minutes when we first entered

As the group searches the room Sister Abigale busies herself helping anyone she can, even if it is only to hold something for them. After all her skills at cooking and such would no doubt not be used in this dungeon so all she had to show these people were her powers of healing meaning it was best to aid them in any way she could besides that.

When the tome was found Sister Abigale was a bit caught off guard, she had heard of such items, however had never once before seen one. "If none of you would mind, could I have this please? It won't help me at this moment, however if we ever get a chance to rest, or work together again in another dungeon where we need to swim I could help you all." she states, showing that it would not only be useful to her, but also the others if they choose to keep her around for their next delve.

Trying to make amends with Orchid Abigale walks over to her and points to her own two feet before looking at Orchid's tail. "You were like a mermaid from a book, well one that was good at killing, but well thats our job. I could barely move once the battle began. Thankfully I had a few spells that work from a distance. I kept rolling around like a ball in the same place." she comments, referring to her inability to swim in that last fight and trying to make a small joke about it.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Spell Duration
    Show
    There's still about 40m left on both spells, no need to refresh.

The area remains bitterly cold, though it seems the area is safe for the time being. If no other actions are initiated the group will descend (post will come later today).

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

With the area thoroughly scavenged and looted the group descends once more into the icy waters.

The stairwell opens into a small-ish chamber with two water-logged wooden doors on each side and one similar door on the far wall. It also continues descending even further into the icy depths.

Spoiler: Spot DC 15
    Show
    Abigail (1d20+5)[10]
    Alistair (1d20+3)[18]
    Levi (1d20+2)[13]
    Liselle (1d20+2)[4]
    Orchid (1d20+3)[6]
    Solstafir (1d20-2)[6]

Alistair manages to stop the party, noticing a net cleverly hidden along the ceiling with the stonework, the heavy weights frozen against the walls and ceiling. Seems like it wouldn't take much to shake it loose causing a pretty serious hazard if one were to be entangled by it.

There's no obvious enemies, though there's no way any foe on this floor with ears would've missed the horn from above.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2021-12-31 at 09:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1161

AssassinGuy

"Oh, you did not tell us newcomers that we have a walking storage. Useful."

Consuming the tome and after the party loads the unwanted potions the animated chest, Levi shrugs when Abigail asks him to concern about the health of the party as they explore further.

"I thought this is a we thing."

His tone of his voice is laced with jest before his expression turns half-serious, waving to Orchid, Abigail and himself.

"That is what we should be doing not just me. Let us pour our efforts into removing the damage. Other than Solstafir, anyone hurt should inform us about their status after battle unless we are aware of it."

Following that, he aids Orchid and Abigail in the healing process of the injured as they patch up Solastafir and other wounded. He imbued Solastafir with a healing devotion, refreshing his own when the healing is done. Then, he shrouds himself in darkness.

"Does anyone need me to scout ahead? I am curious about the darkness that is lurking beyond us."

Show
    Personality Switch: Salesman -> Dark Scholar
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-01-01 at 07:29 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

“Should we spring that trap or try to disable it? Alistair asked.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

"Well yes Levi, but unless any of them are below half health I cannot heal them through without using spells." Abigale reminds him before seeing if anyone was in need of her aid before receiving his own. "As for scouting ahead, wouldn't that make the rest of us blind to whatever may be before us and you becoming a possible liability? I could understand using the darkness behind us as to make sure nothing can sneak up on us with ease, however in front of us makes all of us blindly following you, or waiting for you to return, if you return. It seems unsafe, but my brother often enjoyed looking around for things on his own as well on delves." Abigale remarks, concerned that him scouting ahead with his darkness on him could hinder the group as a whole. Before they leave she swiftly reads the tome adding a new spell to her abilities.

"If we spring the trap our enemies may think they have caught us and come out giving you all the element of surprise. I think it would be the best option overall, as if we disable the trap they will still be on the other side of at least one of these doors waiting for us to walk in. And if their are enemies behind other doors they could potentially flank us." the priestess of Pelor replies, worried that her allies would face the most chance of being seriously injured if they simply disarmed the trap instead of trying to spring it themselves and tricking those waiting for it to go off.

Show
    Abigale will use Touch of healing after each combat to get everyone back up to half hp/anytime anyone takes damage and we are not in any kind of initiative order

24. - Top - End - #1164

AssassinGuy

"It did not hurt to have a second examination, Abigail. It helped us identify whose health is dire for your talents to work and those who needed my balm of night recovery."

Levi tilts his head.

"And darkness created can be manipulated to unobscure. I have tricks to escape should my life be endangered while I am ahead. That said, since Alistar revealed the trap need to be sprung or disable, I can help spring it if needed."

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm fine either way when it comes to the trap." Orchid speaks up.

26. - Top - End - #1166

AssassinGuy

If no one is doing anything, Levi will swim back a couple of distance (35 ft) and urges other to do the same. Once they do, he stealth himself and summons a pack of piranha on the trap to spring it.

Show
    Hide: (1d20+9)[15]

Move Silently: (1d20+15)[19]

While hiding, he is invisible to those with darkvision (Ring of Darkhidden) and enemies try to spot him with blindsense, blindsight, scent, or tremorsense must make a listen or spot check to detect him (Darkstalker feat)

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    If no one is doing anything, Levi will swim back a couple of distance (35 ft) and urges other to do the same. Once they do, he stealth himself and summons a pack of piranha on the trap to spring it.

Show
    Hide: [roll0]

Move Silently: [roll1]

While hiding, he is invisible to those with darkvision (Ring of Darkhidden) and enemies try to spot him with blindsense, blindsight, scent, or tremorsense must make a listen or spot check to detect him (Darkstalker feat)
    Alistair follows Levi back so he can spring the trap.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Titan in the Playground

Sister Abigale does as instructed, and steps back, before waiting for the trap to be sprung and seeing what happens what it does before reacting.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The piranhas quickly chew through the ice, causing the weighted net to rapidly sink. Though the individual piranhas are sufficiently tiny to slip through the net. Just as the net hits the floor of the chamber, all of the doors swing open in near unison. Another eight fiendish marrows of various ages and genders emerge from the side doors, though less well equipped than those in the floor above. From behind the far door emerges another half-fiend green hag and another creature: an especially burly looking merrow, but rather than only the mottled red fiendish features, this one has the tell-tale horns, wings and tails of a half-fiend.

Initiative:
    Enemies (1d20+3)[9]

Abigail (1d20+2)[22]
    Alistair (1d20+5)[22]
    Levi (1d20+7)[20]
    Liselle (1d20+14)[24]
    Orchid (1d20+2)[12]
    Solstafir (1d20+9)[29]

Having successfully deceived the foes by springing the trap without being caught, the merrows are confused, taking some time to locate their enemies. The entire party has initiative.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-01-03 at 08:39 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Ogre in the Playground

On seeing all the enemies mindlessly crowd around, Orchid slithers close to the crowd and breaths out a freezing breath against them!

Show
    Move action as necessary to hit the most enemies possible while staying at least 10ft away from any given enemy.
    Standard: Breath weapon: 30ft cone of cold that deals (6d8)[28] cold damage, DC 17 reflex for half.