New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character

Orchid moves quickly into action after witnessing Levyk's injury and brings her scythe down onto one of the enemies; hopefully to slay them before further damage is dealt.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Move Action: Move into range.
    Standard Action: Attack with her scythe. Attack: (1d20+4)[18] Damage: (2d4+4)[9]
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Still raging, but not blind in anger, Levyk recognizes his comrades helping him, either at fighting or with spells. His wound stopped immediately bleeding and he feels comfortable and warm. Now to retreat would be a shame for now and forever. He knows, he can stand this just a bit longer. With another mighty swing at another bugbear, he continues the fight.

Show
    Attack: +1(bab)-1(PA)+1(IC)+4(STR)
    (1d20+6)[15]

Damage: +6(STR, 2handed)+1(IC)+2(PA)
    (1d10+9)[16]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The team descends viciously on the prone Hobgoblins, mutilating them with steel and sorcery. Eviscerated, their entrails spill out of their bodies onto the floor. The three Hobgoblin corpses lie at your feet, steam rising from their fresh guts in the chilly, damp stone chamber.

Looking over the chamber, now free from the threat of the Hobgoblins, you see the recess in the ceiling actually progresses several feet, like a corridor straight up. The rope hangs down from an iron ring fastened to the stone ceiling visible within the recess. The iron drain below is small enough that only a creature as lithe as a Kobold could hope to squeeze through its passage, even if you were to remove the iron grate blocking the drain's entrance.

The makeshift iron implements are thoroughly rusted and all but useless, including those on the Hobgoblins themselves. The moldering tables are quite disgusting, weak with rot and in some places, growing a strange fuzzy mold with a sharply sour scent in others.

Other than the passage straight up, one exit beckons at the far end of the room, with no door, it reveals more stone corridor.

Each character gains 450 XP.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-12-03 at 06:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thanquil looks down at the bloodied corspes of the hobgoblins feeling suddenly queasy. Then he looks up and round, searching for a way out of the sights and the smells of this chamber as soon as possible. Not fancying the climb he says, "Should we carry on through that corridor then?" pointing ahead and begins to walk in that direction, edging round the pools of blood spilling out of the corpses.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Gimme a second to catch breath...
    Levyk feels fatigued. This wasn't just a little scratch, this cut is going deep. But with the help of his comrades, he is fully restored about a minute later.
    Thanks all! I know, this wasn't the brightest idea, but I was doubting myself. I had to show myself, I am able to hit these creatures. For the next fight, I'm all in for a battle plan!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, armor helps. Any reason you're going barechested? It's kinda chilly but then again my people are more used to heat." Solstafir checked the remains of the hobgoblins, scoffing at the quality of their gear. Not even worth the effort to melt down for its raw material. But what he was actually interested in were their actual bodies. He selected the corpse having suffered the least damage and put it into his extradimensional storage. "There. You'll make a fine enough zombie for the start."
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2019-12-04 at 04:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

7. - Top - End - #97

Thanquil loiters by the corridor, happy to wait while Levyk recovers but unwilling to do so too near the bodies of the hobgoblins. This is so much easier to deal with when facing monstrous foes rather than the more humanoid he thinks, watching in horror as Solstafir wrestles one of the corpses into his bag.

"A... uh.. zombie did you say? Isn't that the sort of thing we should be fighting rather than creating?"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

"What, you're gonna complain about another meatshield between you and things with pointy sticks trying to kill you?" Solstafir raised his eyebrow parted by a white scar, making the two parts drift apart for a moment before settling down again. "It's certainly useful both for combat and finding traps, I won't mind too much if it suddenly falls down into a spiked pit."
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Why armor when you have kind of a 6th sense that allows you to dodge blows? Ok, somehow it had a malfunction or so...
    Levyk stretches his back with his hands supporting it.

He takes a look at his belly Ha! Not even a scar! Magical healing is so effective!

Then, he takes a look closer at the room. A short gesture and a single word spoken in druidic, he “scans“ the room.

Show
    Casting Detect Magic and activating detect evil
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2019-12-04 at 12:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

With combat having finally died down, Orchid looked around the gruesome room, frowning and occasionally cringing as she looks at some of the tools around.

"I'd like to leave as soon as we're down looking around. I don't want remain in this room."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Levyk scans the room, detecting no magical auras other than those on his companions and only sensing the barely remnant and quickly fading presence of the Evil that only spawns within the Dungeon faintly on the fresh corpses of the mutilated Hobgoblins.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGuy

"Well, I certainly won't complain about having another body to at least distract the dungeon spawn. Let me do a quick check of the room to see if there is anything we can use here. You guys can go on ahead if this place makes you uncomfortable, but this probably won't be the worst of it. Who knows what kind of twisted scenarios this durance will decide to conjure up later."

Geraldo proceeds to search the room and attempt to sniff out anything that might be useful. Afterwards, he stalks down the one exit to the room, hoping that his enhanced sense of smell will allow him to detect any waiting in ambush.

Spoiler: Search
    Show
    (1d20+8)[12]

13. - Top - End - #103

Chimera

Aertre regards thee rope that leads up into the ceiling. It's curious, but she's not much of a climber and it seemed a difficult place to fight from, should something be lurking up there.

She nods at Levyk. "It was a brave gambit," she said. "Next time we'll try to soften them up first." Once he and Geraldo are finished searching the room, she turns to the far exit.
    "My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Traveling onwards, a new path branches out from the corridor to the right and goes for a ways. Not to too far past this intersection you can see a door directly forward.

Do you veer down the path to the right? Or investigate the door ahead?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

"Let's check the door first," Solstafir said, again holding the already bloodied harpoon at the ready. "Check the door then I'll open it. I can take a hit better than any of you. The things striking me burning themselves to death is a nice bonus."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Searching the door high and low, the trapfinders discover no traps or locks, however, Geraldo's keen ability to sniff out Scents detects a smell of rot and decay from past the door.

Ready for anything, the group opens the door and you see a small room. Near the back of the room an altar squats with a web of iron bars erected from it. Mutilated hacked apart body parts of failed Delvers who came before are nailed to the bars like a tapestry of rotting horrors. The stench of dried blood and death lingers in the air like a phantom of the fallen crying for revenge.

In front of the altar stands a humanoid creature clad in full plate armor that has seen many battles but remains serviceable. The armor was once emblazoned with ornate decorations that have long since faded, leaving only traces of the artisanship it once boasted. The armor obscures the being's features. The full helmet lifts to look at you and you can see from just within the gap of the visor a red reflection of the party's light sources off of the beings eyes, looking you over as it hefts a morningstar and a wooden shield into a fighting position.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Bad Guy (1d20)[16]

Aertre (1d20+3)[13]
    Geraldo (1d20+2)[20]
    Orchid (1d20+2)[22]
    Solstafir (1d20+3)[15]
    Levyk (1d20)[6]
    Thanquil (1d20+3)[22]

Thanquil, Orchid, and Geraldo have initiative.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-12-06 at 06:06 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

On seeing the mess of limbs, Orchid felt a bit sick at the sight; though the armored hulk with a morning star soon distracted her from the display. Orchid watches it closely and begins making preparations to cast a spell.

Show

Orchid is going to spend her turn readying a grease. She'll cast it under the armored foe when they try to attack. If there would be possibility of getting an ally caught in the grease, she will instead target the morning star it wields.

18. - Top - End - #108

Thanquil nearly falls apart when faced by the depravity in the room ahead of him but he steels himself, determined to do his part to stop this abomination. He mutters a prayer to aid his allies in the fight and then peers at the foe trying to identify what sort of creature it is in case he knows some useful information to aid in it's defeat.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Standard Action - Cast Bless, allies within 50 ft. gain +1 morale bonus to hit and +1 morale bonus on saves against fear
    Move action - spot check to try and find out what creature type it is (1d20+2)[7]

19. - Top - End - #109
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Geraldo dashes forward to engage the armored figure while drawing his saber in the process. He attempts to find any openings in the armor that he can take advantage of and performs the same combo on the knight as he did on the fuzzballs.

Spoiler: Wolf Fang Strike
    Show
    Use Inspiration Point on Great Falchion:(1d20+7)[10]
    If this hits use Inspiration Point on damage: (1d12+10)[18]
    Armor Spike: (1d20+3)[6]
    If this hits but the falchion missed, use Inspiration Point on damage(add 4 to the result of this roll):(1d6+4)[10]

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

This full armored knight should be entangled. Should. The spell is prepared, but Levyk forget to put some gras into his bag, for moments like this...
    Okay, the fight already started, and decision have to be made: one strike against him give his comrades a better chance to defeat this “hell-knight“.

He seeks and finds the gap, and runs around him, shouting out loud to draw attention. Hopefully an unarmored dwarf seems to be the best target.

Show
    Double move action to walk around him and shouting and waving arms and stuff

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Enemy reflex save: (1d20+2)[3]

Thanquil peers closely at the enemy, noticing a small tear in the enemy's padding underneath the ancient plate mail, though this tiny tear he spectates a rot tinted with purple. The foe is one of the living dead.

The knight shifting as the enemies approach, slips as the stone is magically greased underneath his metal clad feet. He clangs down onto the stone with a satisfying noise. Though even with this advantage, Geraldo's great falchion fails to find purchase against the enemy's armor.

From this prone position, he lashes out with his morningstar against Geraldo, the only one who has reached melee at this time.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-12-07 at 10:18 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    (1d20+2)[4] to hit
    If a critical threat (22) [roll]1d20+2 - messed up this roll, but it didn't hit.

If it hits it deals (1d8+3)[10]
    If it criticals, add (1d8+3)[11]

Fumbling and flailing its morningstar in such an awkward way, the creature telegraphs its attack allowing Geraldo to easily evade.

Levyk rushes in with a battlecry, taking a flanking position against the enemy.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-12-07 at 10:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Solstafir quickly joined the fray, again abandoning harpoon in favour of axe, and swung viciously at the armored creature with a reverberating warcry to give heart and vigor to his allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack - (1d20+6)[13] slashing damage - (1d10+3)[7]
    If hit all allies gain a +4 morale bonus to hit for one round.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The knight is down, even better! Levyk, from his flanking position, attacks the enemy.

Show
    attack: (1d20+4)[14] (no flanking and Solstafir's bonus and prone included)
    Damage: (1d10+3)[4]

25. - Top - End - #115

Spotting that the foe was some form of Undead Thanquil starts pointing out their typical weaknesses. Then he fires an arrow at the downed creature.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Move Action: Dark Knowledge (Tactics) (1d20+8)[27] DC 15 for +1 to hit, DC 25 for +2 to hit.
    Standard Action: Shoot bow (1d20+4)[22] (plus dark knowledge bonus), damage (1d8+1)[3]

26. - Top - End - #116

Chimera

Aertre is already aiming as Thanquil calls out the creature's undead nature, though she should have suspected. What other sort of creature would revel in such vileness. She adjusts her incantation to tap into the positive rather than the elemental planes, and a burst of brilliant light streaks toward their opponent.

Spoiler: actions
    Show

Cast Disrupt Undead
    (1d20+6)[22] touch attack (Includes +1 morale Bless/Dark Know but not potential morale bonus from Solstafir or, I just realized, the penalty for attacking a prone opponent.)

(1d6+3)[4] Positive Energy damage.

"My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it."
    — The Dragon, to Grendel

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Brandishing her scythe, Orchid moves into position and tries to finish off the fallen undead.
    Show

Move action: Move into melee range.
    Standard: Attack with the scythe. Attack: (1d20+5)[19] (taking Bless into account) Damage: (2d4+4)[7]

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Geraldo moves into position with the gang of melee and takes a vicious downward swing at the prone undead knight.

Spoiler: Mechanical actions
    Show
    swift action to recover maneuvers
    (1d20+5)[6] plus dark knowledge, plus bless, plus flanking, plus prone to hit
    (1d12+6)[16] plus 4 damage on a hit from using the last inspiration for the fight

Thanquil's knowledge of the bestiaries improves the group's tactics.

Solstafir's axe glances off the full plate armor, the wiggling undead knight before you deflecting the attack like a turtle hiding in a shell.

Thanquil's is forced to take an extremely difficult shot, narrowly missing a tiny gap in the armor, the arrow bounces off harmlessly, clattering to the ground (assume you have infinite mundane arrows - so I'm not bothering to check if it breaks).

Aertre fires a ray of positive energy striking the wriggling monstrosity directly, causing the creature to twitch awkwardly on the ground.

Orchid moves into place and swipes her scythe lodging it through a gap in the metal, cutting through the hide and padding between plates.

Edit: Geraldo swings down and strikes nothing but stone floor, his sword bouncing back up, the vibrations leaving uncomfortable tingles in his arms. (Critical miss)

The creature, with single minded focus, continues to attack Geraldo, sweeping its morningstar at its foe once again, the only manner in which it can readily attack from its position in the grease puddle.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    (1d20+2)[9] to hit
    On a crit threat (22) (1d20+2)[22] to confirm

Dealing (1d8+3)[4] damage
    Plus (1d8+3)[11] damage on a critical hit

Geraldo easily evades the clumsy swing.

Spoiler: Enemy HP:
    Show
    Takes 7 from Orchid and 4 from Aertre totaling 11 damage dealt.
    The enemy has taken 11 damage, and is prone.

Begin round 3:

Levyk takes a swipe with his waraxe but the creature is proving surprisingly tough. The axe glances off of the armor not finding a true hit on the creature. All other players may act before the enemy.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2019-12-08 at 09:11 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Solstafir rounded their downed enemy to get into a more advantageous position while trying to divert the plated undead's attention from his allies onto himself. "You really tarnished that armor with your neglect, but perhaps I can at least make some good leather straps from your hide!" His axe whistled through the air in a diagonal cut, the dwarf's short stature bringing him into easier reach of their prone foe.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 foot step into flanking position if possible, if not move instead. Tumble DC 15 to avoid AoO (1d20+2)[3]
    Douse the Flames - (1d20+10)[29] includes Bless, Dark Knowledge and flanking
    damage - (1d10+3)[9]
    If hit he can't perform AoOs for a turn, and heal 2 HP to anyone injured. I think Thanquil is still missing 2 HP from the fuzzball fight.
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2019-12-09 at 03:06 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Thanquil fires a further shot and then, belatedly realising the futility of trying to shoot a foe on his back surrounded by his allies draws his sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack (1d20+7)[11] damage (1d8+2)[9]