New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character

"Infernal." Orchid responds.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Orchid prepares to fire her bow against those eyes if she see them begin their attack.
    MW Composite Longbow(+3) W/ Raptor Arrow: Attack(Crit on 29): (1d20+9)[18] Damage: (1d8+3)[11] + 1 + (2d6)[5] bane damage
    Crit confirm: (1d20+9)[12] Damage: (3d8+9)[27] + 3

My posting may be slowed due to new job.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Titan in the Playground

"Let's see how well these walls hold up then." Solstafir breathed a gout of flame at the nearest pair of ice, hoping to break through the frozen barrier to hit whatever is hiding behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fire - (6d8)[33] Reflex 18 halves. No quicken, no entangle
    Cooldown - (1d4-1)[0] edit: scratch the -1, thought I had Recover Breath
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2022-01-23 at 03:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair draws a bow and floats 30’ up above the group, to get a clear shot in all directions.

Spoiler
    Show
    knowledge, what kind of foe are we facing? (1d20+10)[25]
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-01-23 at 04:47 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

With the light shining from Abigail to all corners of the strangely geometric ice cavern, the team can make out small (small sized) robed figures seeming to be hiding just behind the ice walls, which own the eyes previous noticed. They don't seem to have legs but rather hover and the robes themselves seem to be filled with a non-physical substance. Maybe something like ectoplasm, but it's hard to be certain.

Solstafir trudges across the ice towards the nearest robed figure hiding behind the ice and breaths a gout of fire at it.
    Spoiler: Hidden Rolls
    Show
    (1d2)[2] - 2 is a good result for players
    (1d5)[3] - 5 is a good result for players

(1d20+9)[20] Save vs. 33 fire damage DC 18 for half

The fire melts part of ice, reaching the robed figure, which is vaporized the moment the fire touches it, vanishing without a trace. 4 Robed Figures remain along this wall. Though the ice on the wall seems to freeze back into its original shape nearly instantly.

Orchid fires an arrow at one of the figures but it seems to slide along the ice wall avoiding the arrow (didn't overcome AC).

Spoiler: Enemy Status
    Show
    North Wall: 4 robed figures, unharmed
    East Wall: 5 robed figures, unharmed
    West Wall: 5 robed figures, unharmed
    South Wall: 5 robed figures, unharmed

Those with Kn: Planes recognize that these foes are some kind of mysterious outsiders. Based on what you can make out of them they clearly have some kind of magical aptitude. They're probably not about to start swinging swords at you, based on how they seem to be hiding within the walls, it's possible they may be incorporeal though you can still see them as the ice isn't fully opaque.

Spellcraft: Seeing Solstafir's fire interact the way it did with a robed figure, it appears at least some of these targets are Mirror Images.

Liselle, Levi still have actions, Alistair still has swift/standard available.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-01-24 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair expects these outsiders to case some kind of spell, so he readies his dispel magic to counter whatever they cast.

Spoiler
    Show
    dispel check if they cast a spell or use a sla 1d20 + caster level: (1d20+6)[26] edit : hope that counters something truly horrific…
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2022-01-25 at 07:15 PM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Levi floats away 5 ft up and 10 ft away from the group. He tenses as he looks at the mirrored images. He glances at one of the tree tokens hanging on his coat before looking back at the ice walls.

Show
    Readied action to activate Feather Token, Tree to create cover for himself from any incoming enemy attack against him.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-01-27 at 11:32 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground

Solstafir furrowed his brow, the lack of counterattack leaving him uncertain how to proceed with whatever kind of challenge they were facing here. "Let's take them one at a time then." He repeated his previous attack, burning through the wall of ice to strike at another of the mysterious figures while his undead minion went in another direction to hopefully occupy the robed creatures there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's say my attack direction is left, then my zombie will go downwards.

Fire - (8d6)[19] Reflex DC 18 halves

Shift Essentia from Lightning Gauntlets into Strongheart Vest

Zombie will shift Essentia into Incarnum Speed, giving it a land speed of 40 ft. If will keep moving until it is close enough to attack through the ice wall.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

Abigale holds her action to see if she needs to heal one of the allies.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

In a situation like this - surrounded by distant probably-casters - Liselle isn't really any use on defence. So she picks a wall (not the one Solstafir was trying to melt through, one of the others), aims herself for the figure in the middle (she has enough movement to charge from the middle of the chamber to the middle of a wall, but doesn't have the spare movement to go diagonally), charges over, and attempts to drive her spiked chain straight through the ice at the figure in front of her.

Spoiler
    Show

As per usual, Liselle starts the encounter in Child of Shadows stance, giving her concealment for the next round.

She's not using Power Attack or any maneuvers on this attack, just a regular charge.

Her current non-sheet bonuses are the 20% miss chance, and the +2 attack / -2 AC from charging.

Attack - (1d20+18)[38]
    Crit Conf on a 38 - (1d20+24)[40]
    Damage - (4d6+11)[25]
    Crit Damage - (4d6+11)[26]

And in case the figures come to the surface of the ice, AOO block:

AOO 1 - (1d20+18)[29]
    Crit Conf on a 38 - (1d20+24)[40]
    Damage - (4d6+11)[30]
    Crit Damage - (4d6+11)[27]

AOO 2 - (1d20+18)[33]
    Crit Conf on a 38 - (1d20+24)[41]
    Damage - (4d6+11)[21]
    Crit Damage - (4d6+11)[27]

AOO 3 - (1d20+18)[28]
    Crit Conf on a 38 - (1d20+24)[39]
    Damage - (4d6+11)[24]

AOO 4 - (1d20+18)[24]
    Crit Conf on a 38 - (1d20+24)[43]
    Damage - (4d6+11)[28]
    Crit Damage - (4d6+11)[25]

AOO 5 - (1d20+18)[27]
    Crit Conf on a 38 - (1d20+24)[25]
    Damage - (4d6+11)[18]
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-01-27 at 10:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Hidden rolls on Liselle's attack
    Show
    (1d2)[2] - higher is better
    (1d5)[4] - higher is better

Spoiler: Hidden roll
    Show
    (1d20+10)[28]

Liselle's spiked chain shatters through the ice, vaporizing an image along the East wall.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-01-28 at 06:59 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Robed Figures begin to move strangely. The walls of ice advance inwards towards the group, each wall freezes over another 5ft, the Robed Figures stay just a few inches behind the ice, though the room is now noticeably smaller: 190x190 ft. If the walls continue advancing at this pace, you have at most 19 more rounds before you're instantly frozen. It also means attacking the images through a wall without a reach weapon or the ability to retreat after the attack may be suicide.

The supernatural cold seems to ramp up. (2d6+1)[6] cold damage and (2d6+1)[9] untyped damage is dealt to all characters due to the supernatural cold.

The Robed Figures simultaneously raise their ephemeral arms, their movements only obvious due to the robe-like coverings on their strange incorporeal bodies. Magic glyphs appears within the ice in front of the Robed Figures and an enormous magic rune appears in the floor, covering the entire room.

Those with spellcraft recognize this as some kind of Mass Slow spell. Alistair throws a powerful Dispel Magic down against the glyph, but it seems the Robed Figures are incredibly potent magic-users. The massive glyph survives the dispel and the enemy's magic activates.

Will Save DC 18 Vs. Slow for 10 rounds against all Solumites:
    Abigail (1d20+16)[24]
    Alistair (1d20+8)[17]
    Levi (1d20+9)[14] Slowed
    Liselle (1d20+13)[14] Slowed
    Orchid (1d20+8)[27]
    Solstafir (1d20+2)[3] Slowed
    Zombie Merrow (1d20+2)[18]

The Robed Figures rotate their arms in unison and the glyph changes again.
    Spellcraft identifies the glyph is casting some kind of Lesser Fleshshiver.

Fort Save DC 18, on a failed save = stunned 1 round and (5d6)[19] cold damage, successful save negates the stun and halves the damage
    Abigail (1d20+12)[14] Stunned
    Alistair (1d20+6)[18]
    Levi (1d20+9)[16] Stunned
    Liselle (1d20+15)[28]
    Orchid (1d20+9)[13] Stunned
    Solstafir (1d20+11)[30]
    Zombie Merrow is immune due to Undead type.

The Robed Figures rotate their arms in unison and the glyph changes again.
    Spellcraft identifies the glyph is casting some kind of massive Cone of Cold.

Reflex Save DC 18 against (10d6)[31] cold damage, a successful save halves the damage.
    Abigail (1d20+16)[28]
    Alistair (1d20+8)[23]
    Levi (1d20+9)[15]
    Liselle (1d20+13)[33]
    Orchid (1d20+8)[11]
    Solstafir (1d20+2)[13]
    Zombie Merrow (1d20+2)[3]

The glyph fades away as the Robed figures complete their magical attack. They didn't even leave the shelter of the ice!

Lastly, the North and Eastern wall Robed Figures re-create their missing mirror image.

It looks like you'll need to concentrate your power against one wall to hope to score a kill. Though if you can survive the onslaught long enough the images will get closer and closer together as the room shrinks.

Show
    North wall: 5 Robed Figures, unharmed
    East Wall: 5 Robed Figures, unharmed
    West Wall: 5 Robed Figures, unharmed
    South Wall: 5 Robed Figures, unharmed

The party may act.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-01-28 at 07:33 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1212

AssassinGuy

The tree emerges which Levi teleports into the green canopy for cover before the spells and cold homes in.

Show
    Immediate Action to use Flicker to teleport into the tree crown.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-01-29 at 04:47 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair takes a pot shot at the left most figure of the northern wall, hoping to at least penetrate the ice and identify a target for someone else to attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (1d20+9)[26]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9]
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

With the images re-forming, it's... an open question of whether Liselle could find a real one by fighting her way across a wall or not. Do the images/real monsters swap places? Are there any real monsters in the sets of images? They haven't hit one yet, so...

Well, worst case scenario, they'd have to go wall by wall. So she couldn't stick to her own wall to keep out of the way of any stray fireballs (or firebreath) from the others.

The other attacks were against the North wall, and she was flush against the East wall... The only problem? She couldn't charge far enough to change walls yet. Well, she could have done, were she at the northern-most image on the East wall, but she was at the center one...

Clearly, she needed to find another way to boost her charging speed when she was next in town.

Still, she did have some power left. If she aimed it right, she could probably expose a few of the images on her current wall (or the North wall)...

Since there was no physical threat keeping her in place, Liselle walked 50' North-West, and then manifested Energy Missile (Fire), targeting 5 different sections of the northern ice wall - The spots directly in front of the 3 eastern-most images, and a spot half-way between each one (since her targets have to be at most 15' apart).

Spoiler
    Show

Doubt there's much point me rolling for the two missiles hitting 'blank' wall sections... Anyway, there's a Reflex save for half damage (DC 18), but since she's shooting at a wall, I don't think that'll come up.

Anyway, three sets of unaugmented Energy Missile rolls:

north wall center damage - (3d6+3)[13]
    north wall middle east damage - (3d6+3)[11]
    north wall far east damage - (3d6+3)[15]

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Liselle's Energy Missiles
    Show
    Missile 1: Incorporeal (1d2)[1] 2 is good
    (1d5)[2] higher is better

2: Incorporeal (1d2)[1] 2 is good
    (1d5)[4] higher is better

3: Incorporeal (1d2)[1] 2 is good
    (1d5)[4] higher is better

Spoiler: Alistair's arrow
    Show
    (1d2)[1] 2 is good
    (1d5)[1] higher is better

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid drops her bow and screams out in pain as she can feel some of her bones splinter from the spell.
    Show
    Stunned

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Titan in the Playground

Solstafir joined the assault on the northern wall, first sending in the undead merrow before it was all but certain to crumble in the next strike of their intangible foes, then following up with another burst of draconic might aimed at one of the figures revealed but not hurt by Liselle's power. This time though the flames persisted, wrapping around their target to ensnare it in coils of liquid fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Switching to Entangling Exhalation, banking on the idea that their glyphs or recreating the ice might require concentration checks.

10 fire damage, Reflex 18 halves
    Entangled for (1d4)[4] turns and Fire damage - (1d6)[5]
    Entangle is Concentration DC 15, the continuous damage is DC 10+1/2 damage

Zombie attack (1d20+8)[17]
    damage - (1d8+12)[13]

18-20, in case they're not crit immune (1d20+8)[11]
    damage - (1d8+12)[19]

18. - Top - End - #1218

AssassinGuy

The warlock cries in pain as his muscles stiffens from necromatic magic and the frigid air from the canopy of the tree he teleport into after he conjured a tree in response to the attack that affects the entire chamber. Popping half of his upper figure out of the leaves, Levi flings a magical ray at the robed figure at the northern wall.

Show
    Eldritch Blast Attack: (1d20+8)[11] (+1 for elevation if applicable; if not -1 from result) (Result is 12 or 11 from Point-Blank Shot)

Eldritch Blast Damage: (3d6)[13] (Result is 14 if within 30 ft from target)
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-01-31 at 05:41 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Solstafir's fire breath (1d2)[2] 2 is good
    (1d5)[2]

Levi (1d2)[2] 2 is good
    (1d5)[2]

in case needed (1d3)[3]

Even as Liselle and the others fire off their attacks, blasting away ice in front of the Robed Figures, the ice seems to reform nearly instantaneously. Liselle's energy missiles and Alistair's arrow pass through the incorporeal foes.

Solstafir breathes fire, it becomes apparent that fire attacks seem to negate the ice that the Robed Figures are hiding behind (a successful hit requires 10 damage to break the ice and reach the target, fire ignores the ice since it just melts the stuff), vaporizing one of the figures hiding in the ice.

The Merrow swings at a Robed Figures but it slides out of the way of the attack along the wall.

Levi fires an Eldritch Blast through the ice, vaporizing another figure. Seems both hits were scored on Images.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-01-31 at 09:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Robed Figures seem to have drained a substantial amount of their magic power, though they still progress 5ft inwards, bringing the wall with them (the room is now 180x180ft).

The supernatural cold ramps up again dealing (2d6+2)[8] cold damage and (1d6+2)[8] untyped damage.

The Robed Figures raise their arms within the ice causing darts of cold to come from seemingly nowhere against all of the Solumites:

Ranged touch attack deals (2d6)[4] damage and DC 18 Fort Save vs. a negative level if hit:
    to hit Abigail (1d20)[12] (if needed, Fort save (1d20+12)[29] - miss
    to hit Alistair (1d20)[4] (if needed, Fort save (1d20+6)[25] - miss
    to hit Levi (1d20-4)[-2] (Levi has +4 AC for Cover in the tree, if needed (1d20+12)[32] - miss
    to hit Liselle (1d20)[13] (if needed, Fort save (1d20+15)[34] - miss
    to hit Orchid (1d20)[7] (if needed, Fort save (1d20+9)[18] - miss
    to hit Solstafir (1d20)[18] if needed, Fort save (1d20+11)[27] - resisted
    to hit Merrow Zombie (1d20)[3] (immune to Fort save effect as an Undead) - miss

The Nothern Robed Figure is able to regenerate one image.

Though it seems apparent that magical energy is beginning to accumulate into all of the Robed Figures images again, they're likely going to unleash another massive attack next round.

Show
    Nothern Wall: 4 Images, unharmed
    Eastern Wall: 5 images, unharmed
    Western Wall: 5 images, unharmed
    Southern Wall: 5 images, unharmed

The party may act.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-01-31 at 09:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair

Alistair fires another arrow at the left most remaining image on the northern wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6]
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid stumbles, gritting her teeth and the pain finally subsides enough for her to once again focus on the task at hand. Taking a deep breath and trying to ignore the pain of multiple broken bones, she has her spare hand pass her a scroll of fireball from her pack which she then unfurls and begins reading.
    Show
    UMD: (1d20+21)[24] vs DC 23 to active a CL 3 fireball scroll. Primary target is the northern wall to create an opening. Secondary target is the figure in that wall.
    Fireball damage: (3d6)[8]
    Spoiler: If successful
    Show
    The scroll produces a ball of fire which is then launched towards the ice, instantly changing it into steam and creating an opening!

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Titan in the Playground

The nighted crown clinging to the merrow zombie's brow cracked and shattered, and in but a bated breath faded back into the void from which it sprang. The undead creature collapsed, once more nothing but a heap of dead flesh still fresh enough to weep congealed blood from its wounds. Its master had no time to acknowledge or even mourn its passing, focusing his attention on one of the remaining figures at the edge of the wall. As he drew back to strike the pale silver of his hizagkuur axe transformed into a roaring gout of flame, stretching and growing in turn with his swing to come at the incorporeal creature with an almost tangible hunger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Burning Brand converts my melee damage to fire and extends my reach by 5 feet, meaning I can attack without turning into an icicle.

Ideally I want to target one of the figures in the corner so that the other wall to the side grows adjacent to me on their turn, allowing me to let my breath weapon run along the length of the wall instead of targeting a single enemy.

attack - (1d20+16)[29] fire damage - (3d8+8)[21] + electricity damage - (1d6+1)[7]
    Ignores miss chance with Ghost Oil. If I don't need to charge I use Crusader's Strike for Healing - (1d6+5)[9]
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2022-02-01 at 04:56 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Fireball rolls
    Show
    Fireball can hit 3 targets
    Incorporeal(1d2)[1] 2 is good
    (1d4)[2]

Incorporeal(1d2)[2] 2 is good
    (1d4)[2]

Incorporeal(1d2)[1] 2 is good
    (1d4)[3]

If needed: (1d3)[1], (1d2)[2]

No roll needed for Solstafir's attack (I should've actually rolled to see if he hit the main target, but Alistair's arrow got it anyway).
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-02-01 at 11:50 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Since ice reforms between turns, switching Alistair's to readied action to fire upon a target as soon as ice is gone...
    Spoiler: Arrow rolls
    Show
    Incorporeal (1d2)[2] 2 is good
    (1d2)[2]

The fireball blasts out a huge gap of ice, vaporizing an image. Solstafir manages to burn away another. Alistair's arrow flies through the gap in the ice and strikes true against a Robed Figure, tearing its robe-like covering. The almost ghost-like incorporeal energy that was contained within rapidly leaks and spills out, the final image simply vanishing.

The wall freezes back over immediately, there's no trace of the Robed Figure's remains within the Nothern Wall.

Show
    Nothern Wall: Cleared - the Robed Figure that was hiding in the wall is dead.
    Eastern Wall: 5 Images, unharmed
    Western Wall: 5 Images, unharmed
    Southern Wall: 5 Images, unharmed

Abigail and Levi still have actions, I believe.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-02-01 at 11:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Titan in the Playground

As Sister Abigale sees the big glyph appear on the floor she barely has enough time to move before she seems frozen in place, unable to move. All she could do is helplessly watch as the others needed her help. So when at last her bones began to work she activated the earlier protection given to her as a soft, warm aura begins to close her wounds slightly.

Looking at her allies and then herself she curses as she could not heal them all yet as well as herself. And if she were to fall then the others would no doubt shortly follow. Moving over to Orchid, Abigale places a hand upon her trying to close up all of the woman's wounds. "If I die, please make sure my brother and sister are looked after." she says before placing her hand upon the woman's tail and channeling her most powerful spell into her body.

Spoiler: Cure Serious Wounds
    Show
    (3d8+21)[41] +9 Temp hp (due to healing Lorecall allowing me to use heal ranks in place of CL) +6more hp from magic of the land IF DC 15 is meet (1d20+12)[18]

Breakdown

Healing Lorecall allows me to switch CL with Heal Ranks which boosts it from 6 to 9. Healing domain and Touch of healing add a +1 bonus to my caster level for such spells each so now thats +11. Healing Hands (healer class ability) allows me to add Cha to healing spells (+4), Augment healing +6, +9 temp hp from the imbued healing and healing lorecall combo, and an additional +6 from magic of land if it works.

With the last of her power she reaches out across the distance to heal Solstafir, knowing he would be needed if any of them were to survive this with his draconic breath attack.

Spoiler: Close Wounds
    Show
    (1d4+15)[19] +9 Temp hp +6 if the below roll is above a 15 (1d20+12)[16]

Breakdown +5 from max CL, +4 from Healing Hands, +6 from Augmented Healing, +9 from Imbued healing + Healing lorecall combo +6 (potential) from magic of the land

With her magic spent she resigns herself to her fate, willing to try to fight for every last step, but doubting she will survive the coming onslaught.

27. - Top - End - #1227

AssassinGuy

Seeing the robed figure dead, Levi heals himself. He crosses his arms to brace himself from the incoming attack.

Show
    Expending all charges from healing belt to heal himself: (4d8)[19]

Switching from Dark Scholar->The Forgotten due to low HP.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-02-01 at 06:10 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

With the North Wall clear, Liselle... no longer needs to move closer to it. Or throw psionics at it.

Well, she can't continue throwing out Energy Missiles forever, but she might as well try it now; she's still good for a couple more, and if she lucks out and removes a second wall, it'll make surviving the next salvo easier.

So Liselle spends another round moving - this time, back to the center of the room - and Energy Missiles the center three figures on the east wall. Since her allies are either in the middle of the chamber or over by the north west, a lucky shot removing the east or south walls will make cleaning up the other sides easier...

Spoiler
    Show

Another Energy Missile (Fire), this time augmented by an extra point (because Liselle's got two extra PP that would be left over once she'd run out of shots otherwise).

DC19 Reflex save for half damage, if she actually hits someone.

center left image - (4d6+4)[18]
    center image - (4d6+4)[18]
    center right image - (4d6+4)[15]

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Energy missile rolls
    Show
    (1d2)[1] 2 is good
    (1d5)[1]

(1d2)[1] 2 is good
    (1d5)[2]

(1d2)[1] 2 is good
    (1d5)[1]

In case needed: (1d4)[3] (1d3)[1]

The energy missiles blast out ice, but fail to connect with the images, passing through their incorporeal forms harmlessly. The ice immediately reforms.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-02-02 at 01:06 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Robed Figures progress forward 5ft, the ice walls advancing with them (170x170 ft).

The intense cold continues to worsen (2d6+3)[9] cold and (1d6+3)[5] untyped damage.

The remaining Robed Figures raise their spectral hands and magical glyphs light up in front of them. The huge glyph lights up in the ground, though the complexity and brightness seem reduced.

Will Save DC 16 vs. Slow for 8 rounds:
    Abigail (1d20+16)[34]
    Alistair (1d20+8)[11] slowed
    Levi (1d20+12)[19]
    Liselle (1d20+13)[29]
    Orchid (1d20+8)[15] slowed
    Solstafir (1d20+5)[20]

Fort Save DC 16 vs. Icy Entanglement (as Entangle, except there's no plants repeatedly attempting it, it requires a Fort save, and using a fire effect on the character or an adjacent square frees a character from Entangle condition). It seems without their fourth Figure they no longer have the magical power to perform Lesser Fleshshiver.
    Abigail (1d20+12)[16]
    Ailstair (1d20+6)[17]
    Levi (1d20+12)[27]
    Liselle (1d20+15)[25]
    Orchid (1d20+9)[10] Entangled.
    Solstafir (1d20+14)[24]

Reflex Save DC 16 vs (7d6)[32] cold damage from Cone of Cold, successful save halves the damage.
    Abigail (1d20+10)[18]
    Alistair (1d20+9)[23]
    Levi (1d20+9)[15]
    Liselle (1d20+20)[28]
    Orchid (1d20+6)[23]
    Solstafir (1d20+10)[30]

The glyph fades and the Robed Figures are once more drained of magical power. Since no images are missing they're unable to produce any new ones.

Show
    Northern Wall: Cleared
    Eastern Wall: 5 Robed Figures images, unharmed
    Western Wall: 5 Robed Figures images, unharmed
    Southern Wall: 5 Robed Figures images, unharmed

The party may act.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-02-02 at 01:21 PM.