New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character

The restraining spells slid off Solstafir like rain on freshly oiled plate. The hurt from the frost rimming his armor kept stacking up, but he was still in fighting shape. Breathe in, breathe out. Gather all the power in your diaphragm, feel it come to a boil as its rage demanded unleashing. Taking a wide stance, he drew his head back and spewed forth a column of conflagration running along the edge of the wall, eating through the surface layer of the frozen wall to strike at the figures hidden within before he retreated towards the center of the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fire - (6d8)[23] Reflex 18 halves. Hits perhaps three of them.

Activate Healing Devotion here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair

In pain from the massive attack the enemy had just unleashed, Alistair numbly reached for his belt.

Spoiler
    Show
    use all 3 charges: (4d8)[19]
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

As the Ice wall inches closer and closer Abigale is extremly happy as she sees her companions take down one wall worth of enemies and sees how their power weakens. If they could take out another wall she was almost certain she could easily keep up with keeping everyone alive with ease. However she could not worry about possibilities when there were those who still needed her care. She looked on as Alistair healed his own wounds and thus called up to the tree."Levi can you come to me so I can heal you? I cannot get up there." she calls out to her ally, waiting for him to teleport to her so she could close his wounds.

Spoiler: Cure Moderate wounds
    Show
    (2d8+20)[27] +9 Temp hp, +6 more hp healed if DC15 or higher is meet (1d20+12)[17] Magic of the land, Also using Healing Kicker ability to give Levi Sanctuary until he attacks or 1 round passes, whichever comes first

Breakdown
    +9 Healing Lorecall replacing CL with Ranks in Heal
    +1 Healing Domain making my level for casting the spell higher (thus maxing it out)
    +4 Healing Hands (Healer ability)
    +6 Augmented Healing
    +9 Temp Hp Healing lorecall + Imbued Healing Combo
    Possible +6 additional Healing Magic of the land

With the last of her powerful spells she reaches out across the distance trying to close some, if not all of Solstafir's wounds.

Spoiler: Last Close Wounds spell of the day
    Show

(1d4+15)[16] +9 Temp , +6 If DC above 15 (1d20+12)[27], Using healing kicker to throw a Sanctuary on Solstafir as well, same as above rules apply so he should be good for a whole round from being targeted

Breakdown
    +5 Max CL
    +4 Healing Hands
    +6 Augmented Healing
    +6 Possible (Magic of the Land)
    +9 Healing Lorecall + Imbued Healing Combi

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Before Abigail acts and speaks, Levi drops (free action) from the tree to adjacent of the priestess though he is floating above her.

"Heal me."

After Abigail heals him, he waits for his allies to melt a wall before he fires a ray at the image which is in range.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eldritch Blast Attack: (1d20+8)[14] (+1 to Attack if within 30 ft; added bless +1 bonus that offset -1 penalty from slow)

Eldritch Blast Damage: (3d6)[16] (+1 to Attack if within 30 ft; added bless +1 bonus)
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-02-04 at 10:25 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Ogre in the Playground

On seeing Solstafir create an opening for her, Orchid tries to go through the motions for magic missile as fast as she can given the last spells she was hit with slowing her down.

"Magic missile!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Standard: Casting magic missile at the newly exposed target. (1d4+1)[2] (1d4+1)[4] (1d4+1)[3]
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

If Orchid scores a kill along the western wall
    Once again hoping to knock out a wall with a lucky shot, Liselle shoots at the eastern wall again.

If Orchid removes 3 images along the western wall
    Since charging won't let her attack two targets this round, Liselle resorts to using an Energy Missile against the remaining two images. Somewhat of a waste (since she can't double target one), but if they take out a second wall, it'll be worth it.

Spoiler
    Show

I was thinking of also writing up a 'charge' option for if Orchid hit one figure and it didn't die... but going by how the North Wall resolved, I don't think the 'main' image actually has any more HP than the mirror images do...

Anyway, one more Energy Missile, back down to a 3-pointer here. If Liselle's trying to clear out the last two on the western wall instead of 3 on the eastern, ignore the third set of dice (since the power doesn't let me double-target an image).

(3d6+3)[13]
    Incorporeal Miss Chance - (1d2)[1]
    (3d6+3)[12]
    Incorporeal Miss Chance - (1d2)[1]
    (3d6+3)[9]
    Incorporeal Miss Chance - (1d2)[2]

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Spoiler: Solstafir's fire breath
    Show
    (1d2)[1]
    (1d5)[1]

(1d2)[1]
    (1d5)[1]

(1d2)[2]
    (1d5)[2]

If needed: (1d4)[2] (1d3)[1]

Spoiler: Orchid's Magic Missile
    Show
    Force effects hit Incorporeal foes:
    (1d5)[2]
    (1d4)[3]
    (1d3)[3]

If needed: (1d2)[1]

Spoiler: Levi's Eldritch Blast
    Show
    (1d2)[1]
    (1d5)[3]

If needed: (1d4)[1], (1d3)[3], (1d2)[1]

Solstafir's line of fire melts away the ice, Orchid and Levi taking immediate action (changing to readied actions to avoid the ice reforming) to fire a volley of magical projectiles upon the targets. The Magic Missiles, ignoring the Robed Figures' incorporeal status find their target and clearing the Western Wall.

Liselle turns towards the Eastern Wall firing a barrage of fire missiles. Two pass through their targets and the last vaporizes an image, leaving 4.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-02-08 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The ice advances forward another 5ft (the room is now 160x160 ft).

The supernatural cold becomes worse again: (2d6+4)[16] cold damage and (1d6+4)[10] untyped damage.

The two remaining walls raise their arms, firing numerous cold darts again.
    Attacks vs. Touch AC, dealing (2d6)[6] cold damage and requiring a Fort save DC 14 Fort save vs. 1 negative level if hit:
    (1d20)[3] To hit Abigail, Fort Save (1d20+12)[17]
    (1d20)[5] To hit Alistair, Fort Save (1d20+6)[23]
    (1d20)[13] To hit Levi, Fort Save (1d20+12)[31]
    (1d20)[14] To hit Liselle, Fort Save (1d20+15)[19]
    (1d20)[18] To hit Orchid, Fort Save (1d20+9)[18]
    (1d20)[11] To hit Solstafir, Fort Save (1d20+14)[31]

Spoiler: Enemy status
    Show
    Northern Wall: cleared
    Western Wall: cleared
    Eastern Wall: 4 Robed Figure Images, unharmed
    Southern Wall: 5 Robed Figures Images, unharmed

The party may act.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-02-08 at 01:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

With his draconic breath still requiring precious seconds to recuperate Solstafir spent some of his healing belt's energy to better weather the next assault, then dragged another merrow corpse from his extradimensional bag for him to animate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Two charges healing belt (3d8)[20]
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair sacrifices his augury spell to heal himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    switch out for cure moderate: (2d8+5)[14]
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Titan in the Playground

Abigale watches as once more the enemies in the two remaining walls fire darts at the group, however the few that do seem to hit their mark have no ill effect upon those they hit due to the many protections upon the group. Now it was just the unnatural cold that was truly bothering them. Something she could do little but mitigate while the others dealt with the enemies as they had been. All she had to do was keep them all standing. Moving up behind Liselle, she tries to hide her body as best she can from the enemies behind her ally as she heals Liselle's wounds. "We got this everyone, just a little bit more. I have faith in you!" she calls out trying to encourage the others onward to victory.

Spoiler: Cure moderate wounds
    Show
    (2d8+20)[22] +9 Temp hp.
    An additional 6hp healed if next roll is above 15 (1d20+12)[26]
    Until Liselle attacks OR Abigale's next turn, Liselle is under the effects of a Sanctuary spell, Will DC 25 to attack/target her due to Healing Kicker ability from Combat Medic

Breakdown
    Healing Lorecall boosts CL to 9 as thats how many ranks i have in Heal skill
    +1CL for Healing Domain which caps the level boost
    +4 From healing hands
    +6 Augmented healing
    +6 (possible) from Magic of the land
    +9 Temp hp from Imbued Healing + Healing Lorecall combo

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

"Need to get moving again." Orchid struggles to saw quickly under the slow spell.

She then has her spare hand fetch her a scroll of haste, which she opens and tries to read off.

Show
    Free: Getting a scroll of haste from her pack. Standard: Activate it(CL 3). Orchid wants to target as many allies as possible while affecting both her and Alistair if possible. If it's not possible to target both, she'll prioritize herself. UMD: (1d20+21)[23] vs DC 23

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

"I can't keep firing off these energy missiles, " Liselle warns, fully aware she's almost out of psionic power. "So I'm going to go back to physically smashing the ice now. If those of you without group attacks left want to try firing through my holes, I'd appreciate it!" She's also fully aware of just how many times her attacks have gone straight through a target without making an impact...

"Solstafir, I'm gonna head for that wall, " she indicates the south wall, "You might wanna head for the other." Since he's up in the north-west corner, it shouldn't make any difference to him if he heads south or east, but if he heads east he's less likely to waste time if they luck out and kill the south wall before he's in position for more fire breath.

With that, Liselle picks her target (Southern wall, the center-east image, so she can also target far-east and center when she full attacks in the next round), and charges ahead again.

Spoiler
    Show

Nothing fancy, since none of her fancy tricks allow her to bypass that incorporeal miss chance. Just a standard charge.

Attack - (1d20+19)[39] (including the +1 from haste and the +2 from charging)
    Crit Threat on a 39 - (1d20+25)[32]
    Damage - (4d6+11)[29]
    Crit Damage - (4d6+11)[22]

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show
    And the incorporeal miss chance I forgot to roll in the previous post:
    (1d2)[1]

15. - Top - End - #1245

AssassinGuy

Levi teleports to his canopy cover (via flicker (3 rounds remaining) as immediate action). Once in cover and in range (teleporting if needed), the warlock helps her in her endeavor by sending a ray at an image.
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[20] (+3 to result if hasted, elevation and within 30 ft of target otherwise +2)

Eldritch Blast Damage: (3d6)[10] (+1 to result if within 30 ft of target)

Incorporeal Miss Chance: (1d2)[1]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-02-08 at 04:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The team focuses on recovery.

Liselle and Levi get off shots, but they slide through the incorporeal foes.

The ice advances another 5ft (room is now 150x150 ft).
    The supernatural cold continues to worsen: (2d6+5)[11] cold damage and (1d6+5)[8] untyped.

The remaining Robed Figures raise their hands, the glyphs once more appearing suspended in the ice with the images.
    The large glyph lights up on the ground once more, though it clearly less refined and less powerful.

Will Save DC 14 v. Shaken for 4 rounds (this is a mind-affecting fear effect for those who may get bonuses or be immune)
    Abigail (1d20+16)[28]
    Alistair (1d20+8)[21]
    Levi (1d20+12)[18]
    Liselle (1d20+13)[30]
    Orchid (1d20+8)[24]
    Solstafir (1d20)[3] (should be +5 modifier there)

Fort Save DC 14 vs. Icy Entanglement (as Entangle, except there's no plants repeatedly attempting it, it requires a Fort save, and using a fire effect on the character or an adjacent square frees a character from Entangle condition). It seems without their fourth Figure they no longer have the magical power to perform Lesser Fleshshiver.
    Abigail (1d20+12)[17]
    Ailstair (1d20+6)[17]
    Levi (1d20+12)[20]
    Liselle (1d20+15)[28]
    Orchid (1d20+9)[13]
    Solstafir (1d20+14)[30]

Reflex Save DC 14 vs (5d6)[13] cold damage from Cone of Cold, successful save halves the damage.
    Abigail (1d20+10)[14]
    Alistair (1d20+9)[23]
    Levi (1d20+9)[19]
    Liselle (1d20+20)[37]
    Orchid (1d20+6)[7]
    Solstafir (1d20+10)[19]

The Eastern Robed Figure regenerates its missing image.

Spoiler: Enemy Status
    Show
    North Wall: Clear
    West Wall: Clear
    East Wall: 5 Images, unharmed
    South Wall: 5 Images, unharmed

The party may act.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-02-08 at 03:49 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair

Alistair shakes off the cold of the room and the attempted spells by the figures, and nocks another arrow to fire at an image.

Spoiler
    Show
    attacj: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Incorporeal: [roll2] 2 is good
    Originally posted in ooc, miss.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

Fighting off the new icy growths, Orchid goes through the motions and waits for an opening to make the finishing touch on her magic missile.

Show
    Standard: Readying a magic missile for whenever an opening shows up.
    Missile 1: (1d4+1)[2]
    Missile 2: (1d4+1)[4]
    Missile 3: (1d4+1)[4]

19. - Top - End - #1249

AssassinGuy

Levi falls from his tree cover (free action) and looks at Abigail.

"Heal me."

If the priestess is out of juice and informs him of that fact or tells him of the different target she prioritizes, the warlock nods. Regardless, he waits until there is an opening on Liselle's side of the wall to follow with an eldritch blast on an image (standard readied action) before flickering back to his cover (2 rounds remaining; immediate action).

Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[28] (+1 to result if within 30 ft of target)

Damage: (3d6)[11] (+1 to result if within 30 ft of target)

Incorporeal Miss Chance (2 is good): (1d2)[2]
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-02-09 at 07:54 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1250

AssassinGuy

Show
    Rolling for crit confirm: (1d20+8)[23] (+1 to result if within 30 ft of target)

Extra damage: (3d6)[8] (+1 to result if within 30 ft of target)

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Starting the round in the correct position (and aided by the haste), Liselle sets about smashing through the ice to the three east-most images on the south wall.

Spoiler
    Show

Liselle's going for one attack at each image, regardless of whether or not she gets kills - concentrating more on smashing the ice for the ranged attackers than on scoring kills herself. Including the +1 from Haste, Liselle has no other temporary bonuses atm.

Attack 1 - (1d20+17)[20]
    Crit Threat on a 37 - (1d20+23)[31]
    Damage - (4d6+11)[24]
    Crit Damage - (4d6+11)[24]
    Intangibility - (1d2)[1]

Attack 2 - (1d20+12)[16]
    Crit Threat on a 32 - (1d20+18)[33]
    Damage - (4d6+11)[26]
    Crit Damage - (4d6+11)[33]
    Intangibility - (1d2)[2]

Haste Attack - (1d20+17)[28]
    Crit Threat on a 37 - (1d20+23)[29]
    Damage - (4d6+11)[25]
    Crit Damage - (4d6+11)[23]
    Intangibility - (1d2)[1]
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-02-09 at 08:13 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

Abandoning his initial plan of animating another merrow Solstafir took off at a dead run towards the eastern wall fast as his dwarven legs could carry him. Right now he certainly did not regret his choice of magical footwear and the pang of memory reminding him of another item in his possession painted a wicked smile on his face. It would take a bit more time to set up, but he would make sure his next attack would be a banger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Run east, aiming for the center.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

As the magical glyphs once more cover the floor Abigale is thankful for her earlier protection, helping herself and the others stay safe from the cold, however it was slowly starting to make a tool on all of them. She could see both herself and Orchid both needing her powers, and from the looks of it no doubt one of the others would also need her help shortly. As she plotted out how she was going to take care of each of them she watched as Levi dropped from his tree once more, seeming no worse for ware considering everything going on. However before she could ask why he had left the safety of his cover in the tree as the "Crystal specters" ,as she was calling them herself for ease of reference, were about to launch their targeted attack he told her to heal him.

"Levi you barely look any worse then normal. The cold is rough, however my old bones can barely take much more of this, and Orchid is in just barely better shape then me. Go back toy our tree, and hide so they cannot target you. It should keep you safe until I am able to take care of your wounds as well." she says to him, as she uses one of her weaker spells to heal herself, hoping to save her more powerful one for Orchid and the others.

Spoiler: OOC + Healing
    Show

I am going off of the numbers in the OOC, Orchid is the lowest behind Abigale only, and has lost about half her health where Levi has barely lost any. So from a pure (she doesn't know numbers standpoint) Orchid would have frost on her scales and look decently roughed up while Levi is kinda the guy with a frozen beard at the moment saying hes cold). She didn't cast status on anyone so HP totals don't go into her accounting, just how badly hurt they look in comparison, and can they survive another hit.

Cure Light Wounds on self (1d8+15)[22] +9 Temp +6 more hp if the below roll is above 15
    (1d20+12)[19]
    Healing Kicker Sanctuary on self, enemies cannot target her unless they succeed on a Will save DC 25

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Liselle smashes through the ice attacking three of the Figures. Her chain manages to obliterate one. (1d5)[4]

As the ice would reform between turns, Orchid seizes this opportunity to fire her Magic Missiles at the two exposed targets. (1d4)[2] (1d3)[2]

Levi blasts through the ice at another (1d2)[2]

Alistair launches an arrow through the ice, but it doesn't quite find its incorporeal foe, lodging into the ice partially into the spectral target.

Levi's Blast seems to strike true, vaporizing the remaining foes on the Eastern Wall.

Solstafir scurries across the ice, aiming to get closer to the remaining enemies along the Southern Wall.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-02-10 at 07:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The ice again advances forward (the room is now 140x140ft).

The supernatural cold continues to worsen (2d6+6)[11] cold damage and (1d6+6)[8] untyped.

The Robed Figures fire their darts again, though they seem less potent and even less accurate than the last volley.

If hit, deals (2d6)[7] cold and DC 12 Fort v. 1 negative level.
    Vs Touch AC:
    Attacks vs. Touch AC, dealing insufficient cold damage to overcome the party's resistance and requiring a Fort save DC 12 Fort save vs. 1 negative level if hit:
    (1d20-1)[17] To hit Abigail, Fort Save (1d20+12)[21]
    (1d20-1)[17] To hit Alistair, Fort Save (1d20+6)[20]
    (1d20-1)[18] To hit Levi, Fort Save (1d20+12)[18]
    (1d20-1)[16] To hit Liselle, Fort Save (1d20+15)[26]
    (1d20-1)[12] To hit Orchid, Fort Save (1d20+9)[10]
    (1d20-1)[5] To hit Solstafir, Fort Save (1d20+14)[33]

Spoiler: Enemy Status
    Show
    Eastern Wall: Cleared
    Southern Wall: 5 Robed Figure Images

The party may act.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-02-11 at 02:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Titan in the Playground

The bitter cold was slowly wearing them down, but as another of the walls feel Abigale was sure none of her allies would die so long as nothing out of the ordinary happened. "Levi I can heal you now if you come down here. Orchid your next." Abigale calls out waiting for Levi to appear before healing him.

Spoiler: Cure light wounds
    Show
    (1d8+15)[21] +9 Temp, +6 if the below roll is above 15
    (1d20+12)[31]

27. - Top - End - #1257

AssassinGuy

Levi drops down and let the priestess heal him (free action). He turns his gaze at the southern wall, teleporting into range and above 5 ft above air if needed (will edit this out once confirm he is in range). He waits for the others to break down the wall before he shoots a ray at an image. (Readied standard action).

Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[14] (+1 to result if within 30 ft of target)

Eldritch Blast Damage: (3d6)[8] (+1 to result if within 30 ft of target)

Incorporeal miss chance: (1d2)[1] (2 is good)

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

With only one wall remaining Solstafir prepared his next strike, an all too eager smile on his face. He produced a small wooden barrel from his bag of holding, one of the cask bombs he had held onto ever since his first foray into the Dungeon. He should have thought of it sooner; be it stone or ice, nobody could claim more expertise in tunneling than dwarvenfolk. The old miner's song his great-grandfather had sung at his crib came to his mind, one of the original firebloods who ascended out of the Dungeon. As he placed the explosive in preparation for his attack he began to hum, soon bursting into full-on song.

"Born underground
    Suckled from a teat aglow
    Raised in the dark
    The safety of our Dungeon home

Skin made of iron
    Fire in our blood
    To dig and dig makes us free
    Come on, brothers, sing with me!

I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
    Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
    Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole"

Spoiler
    Show
    Place explosive so it is frozen over on their turn, then move to the side so I can again run my breath weapon along the wall next turn. Will probably hit three of them with my breath weapon, and two of the same once again with the cask bomb.

To be done after Orchid acts in case she uses Fireball.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair looses another arrow at one of the images.
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (1d20+9)[21]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6]
    Incorporeal : (1d2)[1] 2 is good
    TC for short

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

Having her spare hand bring out her last fireball scroll, Orchid tries to read it off as quickly as possible.

Show
    UMD check: (1d20+21)[30] vs DC 23 targeting the ice around the final enemy.

Spoiler: If successful
    Show
    From the scroll, a fireball is formed rockets towards the ice and melts it away. Finally seeing the fight come to a close, Orchid joins in on the chorus.

"I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole
    Diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole
    Diggy diggy hole, digging a hole"