Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Aegis' Dungeoncrawler In-Character

Skeleton Will Saves against Cure Light Wounds DC 24
    (1d20+4)[10]
    (1d20+4)[11]

After the healing energy washes over the skeletons, the animated force seems to have nearly left them. Even a slight breeze would probably topple these bones now.

Spoiler: Status and conditions
    Show
    Puhrjan, Spirit Naga has taken 41 damage and is behind full cover.
    Both Owlbear Skeletons have taken 31 damage and have 1 HP remaining.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-05-22 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid translates the Naga's speech to the party, and then follows up with her own retort in Abyssal.

"Who is Puhrjan? Give up and tell us and maybe you won't end up an undead under my friend's command."
    Orchid then incants and lets loose several missiles against the skeletons, blowing them apart. She then flies her way towards the Naga.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Standard: Orchid casts Magic Missle, only using the missiles against the skeletons. Since they both have 1 HP, I'm not gonna bother rolling.
    Move: Orchid moves up to the Naga, or as close as she can get.

Temp: 17
    HP: 85/85

Sorc spell slots
    Cantrips: 6/6(Detect Magic, Prestidigitation, Light, Read Magic)
    1st: 5/6(Color Spray, Shield, Magic Missile)
    2nd: 4/4(Wraithstrike)
    3rd: 3/3(Dispel Magic, Haste)

Infusions(Can use any infusion at any time)
    1st: 4/4
    2nd: 4/4
    3rd: 2/3

SLAs
    Glitterdust(3/3)

Scrolls(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor (6)
    Power Word(Pain)(6)
    Bonefiddle(1)
    Resurgence(2)
    Saltray(2)
    Warning Shout(2)
    Shield(2)
    Fist of Stone(2)
    Cloud of Bewilderment(2)
    Color Spray(2)
    Glitterdust(1)
    Ray of Enfeeblement(2)
    Web(2)
    Grease(Arcane)(2)
    Haste(2)
    Resist Energy, Mass(2)
    Slow(2)
    Fireball(3)
    Lesser Restoration(3)
    Remove Disease(1)
    Neutralize Poison(1)
    Restoration(2)
    Delay Death(3)
    Shield Other(2)
    Water Breathing(3)
    Wall of Sand(2)
    Wall of Water(2)
    Heal(CL 7)(1)
    Dispel Magic(5)

Potions(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Lesser Vigor(1)
    CLW(2/2)

Other(unless noted, assume minimum caster level)
    Oils of Magic Weapon(3)
    Memento Magica(1st)(2)
    Memento Magica, Xansia(1st)(1)

Extra effects
    Spare Hand active(24h)
    My posting may be slowed due to new job.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

"You understand it Orchid, excellent. That will make speaking to it easier if it stops attacking us for a single moment that is." Sister Abigale adds as she waits to hear what the naga says next as the undead remains are now dead.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Naga responds to Orchid without really looking up.

"Puhrjan is I. Fellow scaled one, will you help add the Solumites to the collection?"

(Alistair, Levi, Liselle, and Solstafir still have actions this round)
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-05-25 at 07:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

Alistair draws his kukris as he waits for the outcome of the parley.

“Be careful of its spellcasting abilities and poisonous bite,” he said.

Spoiler
    Show
    delay.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

The artificer responds to the Naga in abyssal. "No Puhrjan, they're mine to keep and I want them alive for my trip to Solum."

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Levi holds his attack, ready to blast the creature in case Orchid's diplomacy fails and it attacks them again.

Show
    Readied Eldritch Blast on Spirit Naga if it attempts to attack the party.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"You have a way to Solum? How?" Puhrjan inquires incredulously.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Titan in the Playground

"You want to talk to this one, really? Ah well." Somewhere between indifference and acceptance Solstafir abandoned his own attack and directed his zombie to restrain to naga instead of going for the kill. The lack of limbs might make it slippery, but still the sheer advantage in brute force might prove enough to hold it in place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zombie grapples, provoking an AoO provided the naga likewise has 10 ft natural reach. If it deals damage against AC 35 and DR 5/slashing and magic the grapple automatically fails.

Melee touch - (1d20+15)[29] Opposed grapple - (1d20+22)[40] 13 strength, 4 size, 5 BAB
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid gives a nod to Solstafir and then turns her attention back to Puhrjan.

"As far as I know, the only way to bring an outsider to Solum is to bring the body back and raise it with magic." Orchid responds honestly in Abyssal.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Puhrjan exclaims "You dare suggest to slay Puhrjan!?" as the zombie rounds the debris pile.

Puhrjan attempts to bite into the zombie as the grapple attempt initiates.
    (1d20+9)[15] (29 needed to hit)
    dealing (2d6+6)[10] and zombie is unaffected by poison.

Grapple: (1d20+13)[15]

The naga struggles against the zombie's grasp, but is held fast.

Spoiler: Status and conditions
    Show
    Puhrjan, Spirit Naga has taken 41 damage and is grappled.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-05-28 at 02:09 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid shrugs.

"Tell me if you know of any other way. I'm all ears for new ideas that wouldn't involve killing. If not, well, I can extend an offer to bring you over through the only method that I know of. I would be expecting something in return however."

13. - Top - End - #1423

AssassinGuy

Seeing the Solstafir having the control over the situation, Levi cancels his readied attack.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Puhrjan, takes stock of her situation as the zombie gets her pinned. She visibly realizes she's defeated and lowers her head "What do you ask of Puhrjan, scaled one?"

The enemy has surrendered. Each character gains 7,000 XP. (You're at the maximum XP for this delve)
    Puhrjan has the following magic items:
    • +4 Headband of Intellect
    • Minor Ring of Fire Resistance - this ring has an engraving of two dragons coiled together
    • Two potions of Fly
    • Two potions of Cure Moderate Wounds
    • Potion of Barkskin

You also explore the remaining chamber, as it is free of undead or traps - you find Puhrjan's library.
    The walls of this roofless, circular chamber are lined with empty shelves, they cast deep shadow in the strange purple light. A huge fireplace dominates the far wall. In front of the fireplace stand two sections of a fireplace screen, separated by about a foot. The screen consists of two curtains of black iron mesh (now very rusty) held in blackened metal frames of unusual design. The shelves seem to have a few books that in various conditions.

Puhrjan also reveals to you a hidden treasure stash in a secret chamber in the fireplace.
    • +3 Heavy Mace - This Mace was crafted by Fireblood Dwarves and has an engraving in an ancient Dwarven that reads "Key to Safe Passage". The head of the mace has an unusual and intricate shape.
    • +1 Manual of Bodily Dexterity
    • 10,000gp worth of coins and gems.

One of the books contain a story about a Silver Dragon who was born without immunity to cold, but instead immunity to fire. This dragon was cold blooded, and struggled to find a habitable home. The book says her adventures lead her to produce lineages of Naga, Aquatic Kobolds, and other aquatic scaled ones. Eventually she became entangled with a mighty Red Dragon, where the book the says she remains to this day. The book doesn't exactly make clear the nature of two dragons' relationship.

There are annotations from Puhrjan that the Fireblood-crafted Mace may be related to the mighty Red Dragon, as Firebloods are descended from Red Dragons.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-05-29 at 02:00 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Titan in the Playground

"My, that's something. Safe passage, huh." Solstafir examined the mace, for once focusing more on the ornament than craftsmanship. It could mean a lot of different things depending on context. Entry into different areas of the Anvil, perhaps even crossing from one part of the Dungeon into another. While he encountered no method for something like this yet, it somehow had to be possible for this weapon to end up here. "That probably was forged by some great great etcetera granpa of mine. Doesn't mean much, when breeding from such a small group sooner or later everyone ends up related to everyone. Might be worth keeping this one until we figure out which passage it is referring to, might not even be part of this Dungeon in particular."

The passage in the book about the pair of dragons provoked a raised eyebrow. "Weird, I always assumed the big red was female, though now I think about it it's ambiguous. The literal translation of 'mother' in the dialect they developed is 'blood origin', so could be either way." He turned towards the naga, still held in the untiring embrace of his zombie. "Didn't quite expect someone looking into the history of my people down here instead of up there. You wouldn't happen to know if the Anvil of Embers is still around, do you? Or, more generally, what happens with a Dungeon after it is cleared. Does it just lie empty, or get repopulated at some point?"
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2022-05-29 at 02:30 PM.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Puhrjan replies "The Dungeon is connected in intricate ways. Puhrjan doesn't know what happens to an area after Solumite attack, nor does Puhrjan have knowledge of the Anvil of Embers' whereabouts." speaking common.

The Naga is still scanning the room, looking for some opportunity for escape. It's likely she's cooperating in efforts to avoid summary execution.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-05-29 at 03:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

"If you wouldn't mind, I have a few questions for you." Abigale says after seeing Puhrjan seemed willing to speak to them. "Why are you the only one left here? Surely your people must have been all over this place at one point, what happened here?" Sister Abigale asks, her voice filled with genuine interest and curiosity. "I can tell this was once a great temple of Shekinester, and thus no doubt a place of great learning. Did your people get sent to other places in the Dungeon or get overwhelmed? And why do you wish to go to Sol? I have personally had very few chances to speak with those from the Dungeon, however I have always found the few conversations we have had in the past rather interesting. Well except for the nymph, that was not a fun encounter." Abigale adds, trying to make the Naga feel more relaxed, or at least as relaxed as she could be with something restraining her.

Spoiler: Diplomacy check
    Show
    (1d20+24)[25] also using the calming aura Will DC 22 vs basically calm emotions by being near her.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

(1d20+11)[23] Will save for Puhrjan vs. Calming Aura.

"Puhrjan struggles to remember before the Solumites' raid began. Only have vague impressions, as if being awoken from a dream you can't quite recall."

The sense motive between the group seems she's not trying to hide anything and is being generally forthcoming with information. Though she's still searching for an escape opportunity and still seems like she's aware she's likely going to be killed soon. It's also obvious she doesn't trust a bunch of Solumites to resurrect her, or at least keep her own will if she is raised.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-05-30 at 09:24 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Titan in the Playground

"You have been very helpful, thank you for that. I must ask though, if you were to make it to Sol what would you do and why? I ask because I'm willing to bring you back to life if it is within my power, with your own Will once we leave the Dungeon, if I know you will not cause harm to the people of Sol or lead to the destruction of their home."

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Puhrjan would seek to not be killed by Solumites because Puhrjan wishes to live."

It's vague, but it seems the Naga necromancer is being honest. She doesn't want to die, further clarification reveals she doesn't really know anything about Solum other than that it's supposed be unreachable and the beings there are her enemy. She innately understands that the situation with Solumites is kill or be killed.

Spoiler: Secret roll
    Show
    (1d20+3)[21]
    v.
    (1d20+7)[19]
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-05-30 at 10:57 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1431

AssassinGuy

"Oooo, secrets in the dark. As much as I want to delve into the blotted mysteries, I am going to scout to see if there is anything we missed first, secure the area."

Levi disappears. The warlock scouts the current area and library with his detect magic, swarms and natural senses for anything the group missed.

Show
    Spot: (1d20+2)[3]

Listen: (1d20+4)[13]

Hide: (1d20+29)[46]

Move Silently: (1d20+15)[32]

Buffs

Sacred Vitality (1 minute; immunity to ability damage, ability drain, and energy drain; renew every time when duration expires)

Walk Unseen (24 hours)

20% concealment from Deeper Darkness (50% from invisibility overwrite that unless revealed)

Darkstalker (Anyone with blindsense, Blindsight, Tremorsense and Scent has to make spot/listen checks to detect him)

Blindsense 30 ft

Endure Elements (Constant; Indefinite)

Darkvision 60 ft and See Invisibility (24 hours)

Can See Through Magical & Non-magical darkness (Tenebrous; 24 hours)

Fell Flight (24 Hours)

DR/Cold Iron 2

Dark One's Own Luck (24 hours; +6 to Reflex Saves)

Magic Circle Against Evil (if within spell radius; suppress/prevent compulsion, charm & possession effects; 70 minutes)

Conviction (+3 morale bonus to saves; 70 minutes)

Immune to all harmful vapors and gases ; can breath underwater and in a vacuum; infinite air supply.

Psionically Focused

Levi's sheet.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

"If the only way to both leave the dungeon and bring you to Sol is to let you go and see Shekinester for a short time, on my word I would find a way to return you to life when we return to Sol if you swear in turn to help us for the remainder of our time in this dungeon as well as should we ever call upon you once you are resurrected within Sol. Under the understanding that you will do no harm, nor try to find ways to openly OR subversively bring about the destruction of Sol or the death of its inhabitants. You would be brought back under your own Will and be you for all intents and purposes. In return when you are reborn in Sol we will find you suitable housing and work if you so wish it. We will of course be watching you to make sure you do not go back on your word, and should you as you can see you would not live to regret you decision. We will also do what we can to help you as you would to help us should either party ever ask of it so long as it does not break any of the above rules mentioned within this deal. Is this acceptable to everyone, including you Puhrjan?" Abigale asks, after all Puhrjan seemed more willing to help the party so long as she could go to Sol in return. The possibility of the naga betraying them was as much as one of them eating to many fruits and betraying them, however the possible reward was also worth it in the long run she believed.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Levi's scouting finds nothing of significance missed inside the strange structure suspended on nothing.

Puhrjan, still pinned underneath Solstafir's zombie replies: "Puhrjan solemnly swears it."

Spoiler: Secret rolls
    Show
    (1d20+3)[10]
    vs
    (1d20+7)[11]

It's pretty clear that Puhrjan is in agreement because she believes she has no option but to agree, in her mind, the oath is sworn under duress, and there's no guarantee she will live up to it. As a result, her oath doesn't come across as entirely sincere. It still seems her primary goal is still to stall the part where you kill her as long as she can, by whatever means available. That's doubly apparent as she squirms harder under the zombie at the mention of meeting Shekinester, apparently an undesirable proposition.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2022-05-31 at 04:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

"You're that eager to give the headsman his payday, huh?" Solstafir asked. "I get that you're a bit more... tender than we're used to, but the entire point of these Delves is to keep Dungeon denizens from spilling into Solum. Hells, I need a permit just to animate my Necrocarnum minions. Sure, it's mostly a formality since they're under my full control, but if you bring something with its free will into the city and it goes on a killing spree the question isn't whether or not you get executed, but how much of a show they make of it and the preceding trial to dissuade the next fool." The zombie tightened its grip on the naga, its master expecting this information to trigger a desperate escape attempt soon enough. "I got that drilled into me quite well in the hours between after getting arrested and before being bailed by the Dwarven Consortium when I made my first zombie without a permit. Call it a learning experience."

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

Abigale listens as Puhrjan agrees to the deal, however notes that the naga doesn't seem pleased by the deal, or for that matter that she would have to die for it to work. It was in Abigales eyes the only way they could bring something back to Sol, or at least the only way she knew of. What wasn't sitting well with her however was how Puhrjan seemed to only be agreeing to live, not for any other reason, add in the fact that the naga hadn't stated why it wished to go to Sol, besides to simply not die, the priestess was starting to have doubts.

Doubts that only grew as Solstafir explained what happened to him the first time he raised an undead without a permit in the city, what would happen if they brought a living breathing creature back without permission. Perhaps this wasn't a good idea after all, between the risk they would be taking, as well as Puhrjan's lackluster way of showing that it would abide by the deal she wasn't so sure it was for the best.

"If that's the laws about bringing things from the Dungeon back with us Solstafir I don't know." she says looking to Puhrjan. "As you see we would be taking a great personal risk in bringing you to Sol, and honestly while you have been helpful, it has only been to preserve your own life so far. Even now you are trying to simply escape. I can tell your only agreeing to the deal because it is your best option, that doesn't give me a reason to believe you would hold up your end, and I rather not die Puhrjan. What do the rest of you say?" Abigale asks the group, leaning to not letting Puhrjan live with Solstafir now.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Liselle's reply to Abigale's doubts was a rather dismissive "I never saw any point in treating with it in the first place."

But, in the hopes of at least being a little less rude to her colleague, Liselle adds, "The whole system is set up to make us fight each other. Both on this end, and on Solum's. And rank and file delvers like us don't have the influence to change any of that."
    Last edited by whoiam; 2022-06-01 at 03:14 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Puhrjan, hearing the talk start to drift away from keeping her alive attempts to sweeten the deal "Puhrjan will share with you her arcane secrets of Necromancy if allowed to live." though her voice sounds a bit strange as the zombie continues pressing her face into the floor of the structure.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

Orchid looks between the points made by her party, visibly conflicted. When she hears Puhrjan's offer, the artificer turns to the naga and tilts her head.

"What could you have worth potentially risking our own lives."

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, some offense, but those skeletons were total chumps, snapped before I even got to take a swing. What useful insights could you have to offer us. Because, you know..." Solstafir pointed at his zombie. "My undead can beat up your undead. And you too, as it happens."

30. - Top - End - #1440

AssassinGuy

Levi's face is lined with a frown.

"Nothing we have not seen."

As the party continues their discussion to weigh the fate of the naga, Levi crosses his arms and gives a side glance to Liselle.

"Me neither. I am buying into this farce because someone is trying to parley and it is working somewhat. And laws are made to be broken time to time."

He shrugs before he turns his head to the rest of the group.

"I am not pro-anomalies that have a possibility of ruining and ending our lives except small things we can get away with. I am voting against. If the votes are skewed towards bringing her into the city, we better have the means to seal off her abilities and keep a leash on her."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-06-03 at 12:30 PM.