New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Age Of Sigmar II: I Can't Believe It's Not Magic!

I'll probably cut the bats out of the vamps hair if I decide I need more. But, this does cement my next model project to be the Mortis Engine I've been sitting on for years.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

2. - Top - End - #302
    Halfling in the Playground

I was gonna say, that vampire is really restrained, very classic and surprisingly unornate.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I just bought a Lumineth Collection in 2020, so I'll be picking up the new stuff for sure. I really, really like that Lord Regent - mounted Heroes always do it for me.

But then, they had to do Vampires. I love Vampires, top 2 Undead Aesthetic for me, and I totally would do a whole army for them if they had a solid Plastic range. But, my poor wallet.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Putting two and two together, i suspect the big reveal onvthe weekend will be a vampires vs vampire hunters Warhammer Quest game.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Halfling in the Playground

Not gonna lie I really like the interestingly-mounted-archers. They'd look really interesting next to the more traditional cavalry - the more stoic and solid cavalry, against the kangaroo-archers who are amazingly dynamic, they are clearly so quick, fast, and darting around the battlefield.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

I find it hard to imagine a less stable mount for archery than a kangaroo, though.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

On a different note, has anyone else found that push-fit models are more annoying to build than regular glue-in-place ones and have worse results?

I bought a Slaves To Darkness SC box to fill a few gaps in my Khornate army and only later realized they were push-fit models. Ugh.
    Dawn of Hope: a 5e setting. http://wiki.admiralbenbo.org
    Rogue Equivalent Damage calculator, now prettier and more configurable!
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!
    NIH system 5e fork, very much WIP. Base github repo.
    NIH System PDF Up to date main-branch build version.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Putting two and two together, i suspect the big reveal onvthe weekend will be a vampires vs vampire hunters Warhammer Quest game.
    I doubt it, the potato cam revealed a faction name. Soulblight Gravelords.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPhyre View Post
    On a different note, has anyone else found that push-fit models are more annoying to build than regular glue-in-place ones and have worse results?

I bought a Slaves To Darkness SC box to fill a few gaps in my Khornate army and only later realized they were push-fit models. Ugh.
    Yup. Indomitus marines for 40k have been hell for this reason. Have not tried putting my slaves to darkness box together just yet.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Yup. Indomitus marines for 40k have been hell for this reason. Have not tried putting my slaves to darkness box together just yet.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. And doesn't help that the pieces are scattered across several sprues with no rhyme or reason. Piece 1? That's next to piece 53, and piece 2 is on a completely different sprue.
    Dawn of Hope: a 5e setting. http://wiki.admiralbenbo.org
    Rogue Equivalent Damage calculator, now prettier and more configurable!
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!
    NIH system 5e fork, very much WIP. Base github repo.
    NIH System PDF Up to date main-branch build version.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPhyre View Post

I've found that the major issue is pegs not going in all the way, either due to pressure or glue. I've taken to cutting the pegs down to nibs in order to get a tighter fit, the glue is what does the holding anyways.

Underworlds is all push fit and they usually manage to hide the seams pretty well under cloaks or behind shields, but there are a few that just have egregious gaps that I'm not thorough enough of a modeller to fix. Great models, though. Speaking of which...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...-2021-roadmap/

Now that is a good looking Vampire, I can imagine people buying this warband just for the Vamp Lord options.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

I have a handful of vampires from a previous project hanging around, I'm very interested in the prospect of picking up some more, especially if we get plastic Blood Knights.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    I have a handful of vampires from a previous project hanging around, I'm very interested in the prospect of picking up some more, especially if we get plastic Blood Knights.
    Plastics Blood Knights are a likely possiblity, considering the new Vampire army on the horizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr. Derp vs Skellipope coming soon.

15. - Top - End - #315

Beholder

Kinda expected we got a Broken Realms for Lumineth, considering they're getting new stuff relatively soon.
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    I've found that the major issue is pegs not going in all the way, either due to pressure or glue. I've taken to cutting the pegs down to nibs in order to get a tighter fit, the glue is what does the holding anyways.

Underworlds is all push fit and they usually manage to hide the seams pretty well under cloaks or behind shields, but there are a few that just have egregious gaps that I'm not thorough enough of a modeller to fix. Great models, though. Speaking of which...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...-2021-roadmap/

Now that is a good looking Vampire, I can imagine people buying this warband just for the Vamp Lord options.
    Definitely. Underworld stuff can be used is AoS, right?

Incidentally, kind of strange to release a bunch of vamp stuff and new boardgame full of undead so far from Halloween.
    Quote Originally Posted by jedipotter View Post
    Logic just does not fit in with the real world. And only the guilty throw fallacy's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendin, probably
    As always, the planes prove to be awesomer than I expected.

17. - Top - End - #317

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post

Incidentally, kind of strange to release a bunch of vamp stuff and new boardgame full of undead so far from Halloween.
    I heard speculation that Warhammer Quest was originally targeting the November slot BSF was released in a few years ago, but covid. Not sure that timeline quite works, but it's a theory.
    Evil round every corner, careful not to step in any.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Armies getting rules in Broken Realms Teclis:

Lumineth Realm-lords
    Cities of Sigmar
    Maggotkin of Nurgle
    Flesh-eater Courts
    Ossiarch Bonereapers

So apparently attacking Nagash in Shyish means rules for only one army Nagash controls that is very decidedly NOT IN SHYISH.

Edit: and we're now at 2 broken realms books without any Destruction rules at all.
    Last edited by 9mm; 2021-01-23 at 12:23 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Armies getting rules in Broken Realms Teclis:

Lumineth Realm-lords
    Cities of Sigmar
    Maggotkin of Nurgle
    Flesh-eater Courts
    Ossiarch Bonereapers

So apparently attacking Nagash in Shyish means rules for only one army Nagash controls that is very decidedly NOT IN SHYISH.

Edit: and we're now at 2 broken realms books without any Destruction rules at all.
    Aren't the Ossiarchs based in Shyish? If I recall one of their main cities is by the Endgate. (The big shyish gateway to the endpoints)

20. - Top - End - #320
    Banned

Apparently the next book will be about the great waagh. Source: the bad moon told me :v.

ION: In case people wanna join a TTS tournament in aprox. 3 weeks, dont mind spanish-speakers and have a GMT-5 compatible schedule, some friends are setting up a TTS tournament:

http://latwargame.com/

its free, so if you wanna scratch that competitive inch but currently cant due to lockdown, its a good chance to try lists and maybe even factions you dont fully own yet.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Colossus in the Playground

Resident Vancian Apologist

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brookshw View Post

Yes, every Underworlds team gets AoS rules, though of course you can just use the AoS pieces as the generic version of the models they represent. For instance, Vortemis and his Eyes of the Nine have a warscroll, but a lot of people just use Vortemis as a Magister.

Also I cannot wait to get Flying Archer Kangaroo to go with my Mountain Hammer Cow. For an army that is supposed to be a throwback to simple, pointy elf times, I love how wild the centerpiece models are.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Aren't the Ossiarchs based in Shyish? If I recall one of their main cities is by the Endgate. (The big shyish gateway to the endpoints)
    The vast majority of the Ossiarchs aren't in Shyish any more. the Pretorians and Cremitorians are currently in the Eightpoints, With the others currently expanding out in the other realms. This battalion will probably be for the Null Myriad, as Eltherian and Arkhan have history.

Side note January FAQ's are up. Morathi can't cast balewind, Tzeench gets more point increases; and probably other things I haven't noticed yet.

24. - Top - End - #324

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    The vast majority of the Ossiarchs aren't in Shyish any more. the Pretorians and Cremitorians are currently in the Eightpoints, With the others currently expanding out in the other realms. This battalion will probably be for the Null Myriad, as Eltherian and Arkhan have history.

Side note January FAQ's are up. Morathi can't cast balewind, Tzeench gets more point increases; and probably other things I haven't noticed yet.
    Ah correct. Somehow I forgot about the Wrath of the Everchosen lore.

Didn't notice that Tzeentch got point increases. But overall the FAQ/Errata is pretty meager. Nothing too big in there.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Banned

Greetings everyone.

So, bit of an odd request.

Whats currently OP / Meta? Factions, lists, units, whatever.

Some context:

So a group of guys from the store are setting up a TTS tournament, inviting people from all over LATAM to play in, because our community isnt that big and because its a chance we dont get with physical games. But, as with anything involving people from LATAM, it has devolved into factionalized country vs country grudge matches, and unsurprisingly is the Argentina crowd who've painted themselves the biggest target on their backs.

SO, what would be good to run against a team running Seraphon, DoK, Cities and Lumineth? Im almost sure the Cities build is Tempest Keep ft. Kharadron. We can currently run whatever (TTS makes things so easy) but Im locked to a Tempest Keep build using Freeguilds with a splash of DoK that I copied from here. Format is standard GHB 2020 Matched Play, 2k points.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ettin in the Playground

Ossiarchs are pretty good. Though the petrifex got nerfed. Blocks of Mortek Guard backed up by Harvesters are fairly tanky. The Necropolis Stalkers tend to be Distraction Carnifexes because if they get into Melee they rip everything around them to shreds. The Catapult kills stuff dead but is kind of vulnerable.

Tzeentch was still top tier I think? Guild of Summoners IIRC. Cast 9 spells get a free Lord of Change. Cast another 18 Spells get another free lord of Change. Etc Etc. So on so forth in an army where even your basic troops cast spells.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

27. - Top - End - #327

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    Ossiarchs are pretty good. Though the petrifex got nerfed. Blocks of Mortek Guard backed up by Harvesters are fairly tanky. The Necropolis Stalkers tend to be Distraction Carnifexes because if they get into Melee they rip everything around them to shreds. The Catapult kills stuff dead but is kind of vulnerable.

Tzeentch was still top tier I think? Guild of Summoners IIRC. Cast 9 spells get a free Lord of Change. Cast another 18 Spells get another free lord of Change. Etc Etc. So on so forth in an army where even your basic troops cast spells.
    Tzeentch gets Fate Points for each succesful cast, including those of your opponents.

Kharadron Overlords are also pretty good, as they have good mobility and shooting. Do require a bit of trickery to use correctly.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Banned

Another week rolls by, and new stuff to purchase becomes available:

W/GALAXIES: PLAGUE OF THE NURGLINGS (PB) $8.99
    WARSCROLLS: HEDONITES OF SLAANESH (SPA) $25.00
    WARSCROLLS: HEDONITES OF SLAANESH (ENG) $25.00
    B/TOME: HEDONITES OF SLAANESH (ABR.) SPA $35.00
    BATTLETOME: HEDONITES OF SLAANESH (ENG) $40.00
    GLUTOS ORSCOLLION LORD OF GLUTTONY $115.00
    HEDONITES OF SLAANESH: BLISSBARB ARCHERS $50.00
    HEDONITES: SIGVALD PRINCE OF SLAANESH $55.00
    HEDONITES OF SLAANESH:SLICKBLADE SEEKERS $65.00
    HEDONITES OF SLAANESH: LORD OF PAIN $30.00
    HEDONITES: SHARDSPEAKER OF SLAANESH $30.00
    HEDONITES: SLAANGOR FIENDBLOODS $50.00
    HEDONITES: MYRMIDESH PAINBRINGERS $60.00
    HEDONITES OF SLAANESH DICE SET $35.00
    B/TOME: DAUGHTERS OF KHAINE HB/ABR. SPA $35.00
    BATTLETOME: DAUGHTERS OF KHAINE (ENG) $40.00
    ENDLESS SPELLS: DAUGHTERS OF KHAINE $35.00
    DAUGHTERS OF KHAINE DICE SET $35.00
    STORMVAULT (HB) $27.00
    REALM QUEST: FORTRESS OF GHOSTS (PB) $8.99
    THE HARROWED PATHS (PB) $16.00
    WHITE DWARF 461 (FEB-21) (ENGLISH) $9.00

29. - Top - End - #329

Beholder

So, no DoK warscroll cards? That is quite odd.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Banned

So that TTS tournament I mentioned a while ago has finally closed sign ups. 32 people from several LATAM countries.

My group has me playing Cities (Tempest Eye) vs Kharadron Overlords, Seraphon (Fangs) and Nighthaunts (ft. Ollynder).

So nervous.

If you wanna check out the site (although its all in spanish):
    http://latwargame.com/torneos/explorar