New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: EarthenRite and Zene's The Lightless Beacon IC

“Small caliber rounds. Any ideas what was being shot at? Or who?”

Walter bends down to the bullets and attempts to use a pen to prise them out of the wall.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I’m not sure if my modern police procedural TV mind is outweighing my Call of Cthulhu era mind, but can I check the bullets for evidence? Maybe they passed through someone or something and have evidence still attached?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

You already made the check to try and look for clues, nothing that I have not already written sticks out to you. You could make the roll I offered to learn more about the bullets themselves though (although I feel that you might have already opened it based on your response... ah well, just remember to actually roll in the future).
    ----

The bullets come out quite easily. They're not going to be in any condition to be shot again though, and there does not appear to be any sort of evidence that might be useful on them. However, something about the puddle to your left near the door is disquieting, and clearly something about it spooked your companion... strange, and is there something... shining, inside?

3. - Top - End - #63

Beholder

Same as before, with the bullets, Walter is going to try to prod out whatever it is that is glinting in the small pool.

4. - Top - End - #64

DruidGirl

Spoiler: Dean
    Show
    Firearms/Intellect roll: (d100)[5]

5. - Top - End - #65

DruidGirl

Dean shakes his head to refocus. ”Not sure who was shooting at what, but I’m guessing whatever it is, made those animal prints outside. Based on the angle I’m guessing the shooter was in the stairway.”

He takes a look around the puddle, to see if any drips or trails lead in any direction from it.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Inside the liquid, Walter does happen to see three largish yellow coins discarded in its contents. This realization, however, is worsened when you understand exactly what the liquid is: blood. A horrid trail of blood leads from presumably inside the room (you can see slightly under the frame) past the doorway and up the stairs (which also answers Zene's question).
    ----

For Walter, please give me a Sanity roll.

7. - Top - End - #67

Beholder

Sanity Roll: (1d100)[10](10)

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Unlike Dean, Walter seems to steel himself against this realization. It's highly probable that this blood is just from a cut and then got in with some water. Surely it's nothing too severe. Nothing is wrong here.

9. - Top - End - #69

Beholder

Walter pushes the coins to a dry area, not wanting to touch them right away. He’d return later to gather evidence, after he was sure the scene was clear. Walter nods as he stands up, reaching into his coat and taking out his previously concealed weapon, angling it safely up the stairs. He lowers his voice purposely.

“We’ve already made enough noise but no sense in making more. I’m going to go up first...try to stay close. If some kind of animal got in here and caused that, it’s clearly dangerous.”

Walter started to walk up the stairs, carefully checking above him as he inches forward. He tried, deliberately, to push the idea of what kind of wild animals he’d find on an island out of his mind.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It should be noted that when he removed the coins from the pool it was possible to notice that they had two sides to them. One was that of an obelisk of some kind while the other was covered in strange sigils and disturbing designs. Regardless, it would take closer examination to understand anything about these coins. Strange coins notwithstanding, Walter passes into the lighthouse proper and slowly ventures up the stairs.