Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default [Mafia/WW] Corporate WW

Welcome to Corporation Inc.! Our mission statement is to synergize our output to maximize our assets. Unfortunately, it seems that some of our competitors are trying to steal our secrets. Following standard protocol, we have sealed the exits until we can be sure that these spies have been dealt with. Everyone, please log on to the nearest access terminal to determine who to remove access from.

This'll be a standard Werewolf game, albeit with everyone having a power role. Days and nights will each be 48h.

If two people scry the same target, they will receive a ďno result.Ē

Spoiler: Worker Roles
    Show
    IT Worker: you have learned most of the backdoors and shortcomings in the code. Hell, you put more than a few of them there yourself. Whenever you are targeted by a night action, assuming you survive, you gain that action. Unfortunately, you may only use it once for each time you are targeted.

SYSADMIN: These regulations are only there to slow you down. You know who belongs here, and luckily the system can buckle under your weight. Sure, you'll have a mountain of paperwork to deal with afterwards, but it'll be worth it if you get to be done with this fiasco. Every night, you can choose one person to kill. Unless blocked by the Archivist, they will die.

Archivist: Your job is to transfer information from one location to another. Ad infinitum. You've become pretty good at making backups of things, however. Every night you may target one person. They become immune to the night kill that night. Unfortunately, the system automatically removes redundant backups, so you cannot target the same person twice in a row.

CEO's Child: Daddy got you this job, so Daddy will make sure you keep out of trouble. At any point, you may PM me asking me to confirm your role in public and I will.

Accountant: You watch as numbers exchange locations for any irregularities. You've gotten good enough to realize when these irregularities could prove disastrous. Once per night, you may scry one player. You are told if they're a Spy or a Worker. Note that the Long-Term Plant will show up as a Worker, since they've been here long enough to not appear suspicious.

Friendly Annoyance: You have everyone on your CC line for every "funny" and "hilarious" email your Uncle Phil forwards you. Once per night, you may tell me a player. They will receive a message of "Hi, I'm [PLAYER NAME] and I'm a Worker!

Proxy: You've learned to shrug your responsibilities off on others. Unfortunately, the interaction has a bit of a loophole. Every night, you choose someone to pawn your work off on. Anything other than a night kill targeting you will fail. However, if the person you're trying to hide behind is killed, so are you.

Experimental Coder: You've been churning out new code nonstop, and at this point you're pretty sure your blood is 20% Red Bull. Every night you can choose a player to gain Bundle A, Bundle B, or Bundle C. This will give them a one-use power the next night in addition to their normal action. What do the bundles do? That's for the testers to figure out.

Contingency Planner: You've figured out a way to wriggle yourself firmly into the code, and it's going to take quite a bit to extract you. The Day after you die, you get a vote. However, you may only post once and that vote may be of nothing more than your vote. If you do not meet the 10 character post minimum, you may include qwertyuiop at the end of your vote.

Retaliator: You have found a way to manipulate your death-code into a kill-code. When you die, someone who voted for you (if you were lynched) or one of the people who night killed you (either the SYSADMIN or a random Spy) will also die.

Code Thief: The only reason you've been able to stay in the workplace this long is by pawning other people's work off as your own. Every night, you may choose someone to steal from. The following day, they lose their vote and you gain an additional vote (used privately by telling only me). You may not target the same person twice in a row.

Spoiler: Spies
    Show
    Long-Term Plant: You have been here long enough to be seen as one of the workers here. When you are scried, you will show up as a Worker instead of a Spy.

Backup Deleter: You have figured out how to wipe all of the Archivist's work. Once. One time throughout the game, you may insure that the night kill cannot be blocked.

Virus Creator: Your specialty is getting computers to conveniently to forget information. One time throughout the game, you may erase the computer's records of someone you're about to nightkill. Their role will not be revealed at the end of the Night.

Gambler: Your high comes off of guessing anything properly. Every night you may predict who will be lynched the following Day. If you're right, you gain the ability to scry the following night, being told their role.

Recruitment will end when we have 15 players or on 12/9, whichever comes first.

Player List:
    1. AvatarVecna
    2. flyinglemur
    3. gac3
    4. PartyOfRouges
    5. Xihirli
    6. Unavenger
    7. JeenLeen
    8. flat_footed
    9. The Outsider
    10. Caerulea
    11. oblivionkeeper7
    12. Elenna
    13. kgato503
    14. Grek
    15. YoshiCline

If-needed:
    1. Libro
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-12-01 at 02:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Mafia/WW] Corporate WW

I'm in, as expected.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Unavenger's Upick

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Proxy: You've learned to shrug your responsibilities off on others. Unfortunately, the interaction has a bit of a loophole. Every night, you choose someone to pawn your work off on. Anything targeting you will fail. However, if the person you're trying to hide behind is killed, so are you.
    A malignant switcher/lover combo? What?!

Retaliator: You have found a way to manipulate your death-code into a kill-code. When you die, someone who voted for you (if you were lynched) or one of the people who night killed you (either the SYSADMIN or a random Spy) will also die.
    A...town-aligned Beast? Don't think I've seen that one before, that could get nasty...

Backup Deleter: You have figured out how to wipe all of the Archivist's work. Once. One time throughout the game, you may insure that the night kill cannot be blocked.
    Does this require you to target the archivist ala Void powers, and you can fire it multiple times but it only works once (effectively working as an Archivist scry), or does it declare in regards to the specific night's kill, and it just punctures any shield in its way? Does it only bust through one shield, so somebody protected by Archivist and IT Worker using Archivist's power block that kill?

Gambler: Your high comes off of guessing anything properly. Every night you may predict who will be lynched the following Day. If you're right, you gain the ability to scry the following night.
    A role-scry, I assume.

Recruitment will end when we have 15 players or on 11/9, whichever comes first.
    Uh...you mean 12/9? Surely we aren't waiting a year to play.

4. - Top - End - #4

The Proxy was a bit misnamed. They basically canít be targeted by anything at night, but every night they have to choose someone. If the chosen player dies, so does the proxy.

Iíve been a town-aligned Beast before. It lead to me wanting to be very active so Iíd eat a NK.

The backup deleter doesnít have to target. Once per game they can decide that the NK bursts through one shield that night.

Yes itís a role scry.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-11-25 at 03:25 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

As soon as I can deroot the java mixture and douse the fire wall with my skull virus I'm in.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'll play.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I guess Iíll join

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Games mean conflict - a combat between enemies. Itís the same for all of them! Cards, chess, the blood-soaked dance of warÖ all of these are different kinds of games. In some, we hold the pieces. Here, we are them. And all we have to wager is a single chip called life.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

9. - Top - End - #9

WolfInSheepsClothing

Count me in!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

I was thinking about resting my mind a bit and skipping the next game, but... I'm in. I probably won't be as active as I've been in the current one, though: December is a busy time at work.

For the narrative here: "deaths" are really being deleted/fired from the system, not actually dying? Or is the company just very euphemistic?

The Proxy was a bit misnamed. They basically canít be targeted by anything at night, but every night they have to choose someone. If the chosen player dies, so does the proxy.
    So, if the Proxy gets chosen for a night-kill and chooses Person A, Person A dies (via night-kill) and then Proxy dies (via their target dying). Right?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    December is a busy time at work.
    Are you an elf?
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

By the way, in the off chance we get more than the max number of players, feel free to shift me to an alternate instead of a main player. Especially if it means a new player gets to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Are you an elf?
    Nah. Just got the biggest deadline of the year every mid-December.
    I should try to work that joke into a presentation sometime, though. Maybe.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I'm always up for another game of WW. It's not a problem, though, I can quit at any time.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Definitely in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    So I'm the Satipo to your Dr. Jones, Jr.?
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    The start is a pretty good starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Under my leadership, the Illuminati immediately emerged victorious.

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    For the narrative here: "deaths" are really being deleted/fired from the system, not actually dying? Or is the company just very euphemistic?

So, if the Proxy gets chosen for a night-kill and chooses Person A, Person A dies (via night-kill) and then Proxy dies (via their target dying). Right?
    Yeah, youíre just being deleted.

Proxy chooses Person A. If Proxy is targeted by a night kill, Proxy dies. If Proxy is targeted by anything else, it fails. However, if Person A is targeted by a night kill, Person A and Proxy die.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-11-25 at 03:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16

I'll have you know I run my programming off tea, biscuts, oreos, and other assorted cookies. Also, I'm in. What's the policy on browsing forums during work?
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2019-11-25 at 04:54 PM.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not a humanoid. Come not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

You may use whatever pronouns you like when referring to me.

CPW, next time THINK before you post something stupid!

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    I'll have you know I run my programming off tea, biscuts, oreos, and other assorted cookies. Also, I'm in. What's the policy on browsing forums during work?
    Itís only allowed if you play Werewolf.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

count me in :)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I'm in. Maybe I'll actually be town this time...
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm in as well.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Can the Experimenter Coder give the power to themselves?

Also, is it reading it right that the player who receives, say, Bundle A will just be told "You got a power! Choose who to use it on." with no indication as to what the power does? Would they know whether it's A, B, or C?

22. - Top - End - #22

The coder cannot give it to themselves. They will be told whether they got A, B, or C.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

redface Re: [Mafia/WW] Corporate WW

Please place me in as auto-lynch/if-needed. Iím getting ready for college finals/papers.
    "Ye are who ye are on all o' yer days. All o' em. Includin' that worst an' tha best. Ev'ry single one counts. All tha way ta tha end."

Spoiler: Extended signatures, badly in need of updating...
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

WhiteWizardGirl

I'm game.

For Code Thief, is the victim informed that they do not have a vote? Is the thread informed?

25. - Top - End - #25

No and no. Itís up to everyoneís ability of deduction to figure out whose vote was stolen (and by who).
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-12-01 at 12:17 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'll join - sounds like Dilbert: Mafia

27. - Top - End - #27

We have enough people to start. Iím heading to the movies with my family soon, so Iíll make the thread when I get back.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Shivering with anticipation. >:3

29. - Top - End - #29

We have enough people to start. Iím heading to the movies with my family soon, so Iíll make the thread when I get back.
    Weird. I'm going to the movies now... So I will also probably be on after.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Ping me when you do so I can approve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    So I'm the Satipo to your Dr. Jones, Jr.?
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    The start is a pretty good starting point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Under my leadership, the Illuminati immediately emerged victorious.

Extended Signature