There’s this really interesting text-based fantasy adventure game called Sryth. (www.sryth.com) It’s a little addicting, and I’ve been messing around with a basic (non-Adventurer’s Guild) account for a while now. I’m not in love with the combat mechanics, and the RNGs used don’t seem all that random (a lot of the time, the numbers I get are 2-4 or 96-99, but maybe that’s just me being snippy). Additionally, having an Adventurer’s Guild account unlocks about 85-90% of the game material, and its getting harder and harder to find adventures and scenarios for my character. I haven’t committed to AG yet because I don’t think I’m going to be playing this game that much in the future and it wouldn’t be worth the $30.

I was wondering if anybody else out there has heard of/played Sryth and if so, please share your thoughts!

Also, random and specific: the Blade of the Fox, one of the most potent weapons available to new members, has a melee rating increase of +4. I found another weapon with +5, but when I switched to that one, my melee rating went down by 11 instead of up by 1. Any ideas as to why this might be?