New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Pan-aeons: a God Game

The realm between the passing and the living plane

Failure was a word that Déjà Vu knew all too well. He failed to save those crew people, he failed to save a child from becoming a monster, he failed to save his father, he failed to save Ostrom he inadvertently caused the war and now he failed the University and this poor kid Cheek. “Why did I come back?” déjà vu thought to himself as he floated between worlds. “I’ll just make the situation worse, probably get these kids killed.” he continued floating. then he felt something. Acts being perpetrated by the gods. He pondered this for a bit. “I’ll see what I can do…”

Spoiler: help
    Show
    create a law of reality (an objective morality) - Karma
    +2 Heroism: Those who protect the weak will give them good.

Show
    Pass Law Of Reality, Mandate Of Su'ule
    +2 Heroism: Evil monsters will fear people with a strong heart. Often making mistakes while fighting them. Good monsters will be the champions of the weak and protect them at all costs.

Show
    Council of Masters
    +2 Heroism: They will always think of the safety of the people and not for them under the bus for greed, hatred or pragmatism.

Show
    Starfolk and choblins alliance
    +2 Heroism: both sides will come to the aid of the other side when they are in danger.

Show
    Davanda
    +2 Heroism: she will care about all people of the world, no matter what species and religion and she will stand up for them.

_____
    Julian

Julian looked up to the sky. “Another perfect baby is being made, to be loved, to prosper and to live long.” Julian slammed his pickax off the ground. “The unfairness of it all…. But I think I have a solution.” He then raised his pickax to the sky. “She forever know the mortal’s pain.”
    Spoiler: hinder
    Show
    Davanda
    +2 Knowledge: All would know of how she was created and how much Yir hated her creation. And as such, they will be terrified of her because how showing her any kindness would anger Yir.
    +2 architecture: She will be a bad omen to bring into your houses and other architecture. Many people refuse her entry.
    -2 unknown: of course people who do not care about Yir will be more welcoming to her.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2020-04-05 at 03:11 PM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Su'ule And Davanda

Su'ule the Dragon Queen, Mother of Monsters and Sorcery looked down on the child Davanda. Not figuratively, literally. She was quite the beast in size and scope, but she had a kind heart towards children. Davanda was to carry on the legacy of the Empire, and Su'ule thought she could lend her heart's good intentions towards this agenda.

Help:

Spoiler
    Show

+ 2 Sorcery : Davanda would have the ability to use sorcery at an unprecedented level. Her ability to use Su'ule's Su Sorcery was so great she didn't require nearly the amount of mana to use that mortals did to use the same spells.
    + 2 Monsters : Davanda could transform into anything monstrous Su'ule had created, including dragons and changelings.
    + 1 Birth : Yes she had already been blessed with a blessing of fertility, but in addition to this, even if she fell in love with someone who was sterile, he could still impregnate her as if he was virile and fertile himself.
    + 1 Metamorphosis : Not only could Davanda transform into anything monstrous, she could also transform into living things that were not monsters quite easily

I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

Avestra, The Masked Isle

As Avestra approached her destination, she heard the voice of Yir in her ear.

"What is this nonsense? You dare judge another's heart by YOUR wicked ways? While some judgement may be necessary at times, you are neither the right judges nor are mortals so undeserving as to be all judged. Before MY majesty, it is naught, before those who look to ME for freedom, it is naught. By my absolutely perfect judgement I cast your wicked ambitions into oblivion!"

"If not us, then who?" Avestra retorted. "They cannot see the long stretch of history like we can. They do not understand the long term consequences of their actions. It is our duty to steer them in the right direction. And I see that you have added your own rule to the Divine Code. Clearly, you are not above judging mortals either."

With that, she swooped down into a deep dive, landing before Timorin.

"Apologies for the delay, brother. I hope I am not too late for the coronation. It's been about seven hundred years since I've been to a party." Not to mention that the last party she had attended... hadn't exactly gone swimmingly.

Spoiler: Help!
    Show
    Assist Valrion in the creation of Davanda with +2 Nature. Davanda will have a deeper knowledge of karma than anyone but the gods themselves, and will use that knowledge to teach its benefits to the people of Axia.
    Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-04-05 at 11:55 AM.

4. - Top - End - #274

Chimera

Su'ule

Su'ule looked to the Council of Masters. "Well that's interesting. These certainly are powerful immortal beings with a form of magic that isn't my own."
    "Maybe Kahar-Djinn will change his mind towards me if I show a little bit of sugar."

Spoiler
    Show

+ 2 Monster : Some people that fail to be redeemed by becoming a Shining One have one more chance to change. They are transformed into one of the "Bad" monsters, only they have the full capacity to feel, although they don't have the intelligence they used to in life, instead, they have the intelligence of dolphins and if they bond closely enough with a Member of the Council they can choose to either transform into a person serving the Council Of Masters for twenty years with extra good karma for when they enter the passing, or decide to transform into something a lot more pleasurable to be with a reset value of karma. (Their lack of intelligence is lifted for this decision)
    + 1 Metamorphosis : The thing that allows Monster pets to have good emotions is the fact that they are kind of like animals rather than mindless beasts.
    + 1 Birth : They can't have children until they transform into either a Human being or good monster.
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2020-04-05 at 03:03 PM.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Help
    Show
    Help Dulnori. Because I need sleep but also need to help.

+2 Justice/+1 Game/+2 Healing: Timorin has the details.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Thalia the Soul Bound was on one of the last ships to ever set sail for the Lucent Reef Archipelago. It was a tearful goodbye with her parents and her master but she was on the ship with Ymon-Thal’s Apathy and would be able to send messages home to them all. She expected she would see them again. She just knew that she had to see the place from her visions and see the crown that her people seemed to revere so much.

It was dark as she walked through the ruins of an old village. She found a well where she could envision a child being pushed. This had been her home for so long. Now though… She touched her mask. She would lead her people. This was her duty as Chern’s Apathy. She would embrace her destiny as the mayor of the Shadow’s Husk. Turning away from the well with a renewed sense of duty, she finds herself face to face with a figure.

(Pow)

The next thing she knew, her mask was gone and she no longer felt anything. She couldn’t move, her head barely above the water. She had fallen down the well and she couldn’t move. She couldn’t even bring herself to call out for help.

Thalia sat up straight in her bed aboard the ship. She rushed up to deck, which shone with the light of evening. “Where is Yta? I need to speak with Yta?”

“Ymon-Thal’s Apathy is in a meeting of the masquerade called by Lord Timorin himself. Whatever it is can wait.”

“Oh my. What is happening there?” Thalia was staring, hand clasped over her mouth as the other pointed out to the horizon. Darkness was radiating out from a point in the distant sky.

“That is the blessing of Lord Timorin.” Ymon-Thal’s apathy said, stepping out of his quarters. “He says our king is on his way.”

To Dulnori

Timorin smiles. [B]”Thank you for your aid. Our peoples have long been friends and I hope to extend the relationship for a long while. I shall send out a ship with aid shortly.

Spoiler: Help
    Show
    +2 War: The skill of the horizon tribe along with the preserving power Nestlebalm embued in the area, makes it incredibly difficult to conquer

+2 Drama: Timorin had already added his shadows to the games but the Miracle games will always have a spectacle as new games are added and the Horizon Tribe is constantly striving to add more challenge and levels to the games

+2 Healing: Nerassus will step in and offer his healing skills to ensure no fatalities during these miracle games.

+1 Games/+2 Justice: Together, Nerassus and Timorin create a set of difficult challenges pitting mortals against Nerassus himself in the miracle games. Anyone who successfully defeats Nerassus may ask a boon of the demigod.

7. - Top - End - #277

Chimera

Su'ule And Dulnori

Su'ule looked out over the Harkken Steppe. How beautiful. The creatures here were natural, yet in their own way, they were somewhat monstrous. The land here was un spoiled, unlike the rest of the world. The Mother Of Monsters swirled her rattle snake tail over a pond of croaking amphibians, "Oh, the poor dears are sick. . .", and a green magical spark of energy could be seen by Dulnori and for a brief moment, even astrologers and others who were surveying the countryside. "I'm not sure my services are totally wanted here, but maybe he (Dulnori) would actually appreciate something from a Mother's touch.

Spoiler
    Show

Help Dulnori
    + 1 Metamorphosis : All creatures requiring metamorphosis go through this process smoothly without complications.
    + 1 Birth : Su'ule blesses the mammoths and bison of the steppe for the people's industry and consumption. Both mammoths and bison will grow in more abundance here.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

For Su'ule-
    Dulnori was very unsure of how to respond to Su'ule. In the end he decided against making a monster, as the Horizon Tribe wishes for a quick return to the world, so they might once again grow and strive. He did feel however, that mortals deserved some for warning about all this. The law would make itself known to the subconscious.

Spoiler: Help:
    Show
    +1 Dreams: People close to death shall have dreams about their possible transformation, to give them a chance to change their ways or plead with Su'ule for exemption.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Yir, Davanda's Essence - Ties Between Souls:

Davanda found herself from the balcony her mother was on to some strange white light filled place with rainbow hues distantly seen sporadically. Something, no, someone was in front of her. It was a sphere, just a ball of light on the horizon like the sun. While it lacked a face, it still radiated it's willingness to fight, and something else very familiar.

"With this act, I'll have retrieved the light that is mine. I swear that the one who stole from me will suffer."

What? While not accustomed to fighting Davanda readied herself in the face of this being, speaking her prayers to Above to help her. The light around her surprisingly easily coalesced around her.

"I feel there is something I should say... but you would not understand. I'll make this quick."

[The Light Attacks!]

A beam of light descended from somewhere above Davanda, but at the last moment before it'd hit a hundred tiny dotes came into view absorbing the hit. Looking back at the sphere, it did not seem pleased.

"Dream all you like of victory, pray to whatever powers you have, I will win back what is mine from you false vessel!"

False vessel? Wait, the Legends of Valrion... Light Above, she put it together in an instant.

"Yir? Do you, do you... do mean my soul is stolen? I'm sorry, please, there has to be a better way to resolve this!" She said, a gentle mischievous touch being felt on the side of her head for a moment after, and she had the distinct impression someone was winking behind her.

This got the glowing sphere equivalent of a step back and shrug. "Even though you may try to appease me, you hold onto something that is an insult to me. In the end, this stolen light will be your downfall broken marionette of my Light. Prepare it, for you will need it against ME!" Yir said, summoning balls of purifying light into existence around Davanda, each one ready to explode on touch.

Doing her best to navigate her way though the cluster, Davanda still stumbled on a ball here and there, using what power she had she'd protect herself to the best of her ability, but each hit took something out of her. Finally reaching a spot where it was safe, Davanda spoke out again towards Yir, seeing right through them again.

"I see the pain, let me help you, please let me help and end this pointless fight. I won't strike back, and will wait until your ready for me to heal your wounds."

Yir, enraged at what they interpreted as an insult said back. "I won't let you go back so easily, this battle is by my rules, and simple words will not let you keep what's mine! I will fight on for the perfect future of m-"

Out in the distance far, far away a voice could be heard. "Father! Please stop. Do not hurt her. She has done nothing wrong! She shouldn't be made to suffer for it!"

"... I must carry on, no matter how I feel about it. This world needs more examples like THEM. Your existence denies that, false vessel. BEGONE!"

A horrible over-empowered beam came from the corner of Davanda's eye, luckily the time it took to charge gave her just enough time to gracefully step back. Blast after quick consecutive blast came, yet Davanda danced through the beams, her heels feeling on fire. Davanda giggled a little while looking at Yir.

Yir was not so amused "I cannot miss any mortal-spawn! And you should be filled with rage and terror... fight back already!"

"I will not fight back, I will not hurt you, I give only peace! I can see it, in the look of your light and the way you speak. Your just like mother Valrion, but your hurting. You just have to let someone help you, let me!"

The sphere floated back, dragging more spheres of light from behind Davanda and around the area into itself.

"I don't understand why you keep on trying to talk your way out of this, are you just that stubborn?! No matter! It won't last much longer, I can handle this much."

Seeing the attack being prepared for what it is, Davanda steadied herself anew for the attack. "I'm ready!"

[Yir Uses All Consuming Light!]

Everything was gone in a flash, everything was just consumed in white. It felt like everything, including herself, was turned to white light.

It was over thought Yir, finally.

But, in the white light, the outline of Davanda was seen. Magic surrounded it, and it grasped at the whiteness grasping for the pieces that were Davanda's in a few seconds. The smile of a good job seemed to be near when Davanda could finally see again, though she immediately collapsed to her knees.

Somewhat astonished Yir said "You still resist, even against that? No matter, that was but a sliver of my TRUE power!"

The light around Davanda became more intense, and she was unable to rise.

"I will have what was mine soon enough, this stolen light will return to me!"

Yet, even after a few more moments, Davanda stubbornly refused. Looking up at Yir's light with a "are you ready now?" look.

"How are you still holding on against all this? It's impossible! You have to give in, I do not like this!"

Davanda gave a patient smile.

"There is no reward for doing this! Your changing nothing by defying me. I'll never give up. Just die already chi-!" Realizing their slip-up Yir quickly stated, panicking somewhat "No! I don't care about you, I don't need anyone, by my will you can't get away from this!"

Their hold becoming less tight, the light dimmer, Davanda was able to rise. "Dammit, it was mine, stop what you are doing. Start fighting! Why can mortals never do what they should?"

"We can talk if you wish, I... have not talked to many people either. You and I are family, right? I'm sure we can share many good stories!"

And like shattering glass the area Davanda and Yir were in was beginning to crumble. Yet still Yir kept on beating down harsh sun-rays, yet these were discomforting not harmful.

"What is this feeling? What have you done to me? Can you truly not understand?"

The shattering almost consumed the entirety of the whiteness, leaving Yir and Davanda as the lights.

"Child I... I'm not, I'm not ready for something like this again. I-I'm-"

(Back in Reality)

Davanda awoke, Valrion still holding onto them, and looked up to the sky. Already a miracle that Davanda lived, Valrion looked up and saw the second

It began to rain upon Holy High, the clouds above raining down their contents early. The sun to those close to it (Valrion, Davanda, Nerassus), could be seen to weep. It's spherical shape seeming to slag to one side while droplets of dark gold fell off it and dissipated into nothingness.

"I am so sorry, my child."

Then Valrion saw a third, for Davanda smiled saying in a very tired voice "I forgive you Yir, please... don't... cry..." before falling back into a restful slumber.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-04-06 at 08:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Chapter 3, Turn 1 resolution

Timorin (75 AP) - success
    The Lucent Archipelago is now sanctified, an in so doing plunged into eternal twilight. So much for that nice equatorial tan.
    In addition, Timorin now knows the domain bonus of the mysterious new dagger. I have PMed gac this information, once it is revealed to everyone I will put it in the OOC thread.

Avestra (70 AP) - success
    Alright, karma, let's get into it. If I'm forgetting anything let me know. I would encourage JoJo to write this up a little nicer in the OOC.
    How to get karma:
    Being nice to nature
    Doing your Path of Divinity
    Being community minded
    Acts of healing and creation
    Being from a disadvantaged background
    Whatever the **** Dharma is
    Enslaving foxes
    Arts
    Granting asylum
    How to mitigate karma:
    Going to the Passing
    Solarmancy
    Path of Perfection
    Confessing to a priest
    Hugging Valrion a lot

Su'ule (80 AP) - success
    Similar deal. I'll try my best to summarise all the developments, let me know what I miss, I encourage Darth to write this up in the OOC.
    Monsters you can turn into:
    Goddamn everything (Su'ule worshippers and atheists, depends on virtue)
    Chimeras (Timorin)
    Giant eagles (Avestra)
    Tree of Woe (Alatadriel pyromancers)
    Shining Ones (Yir, if you start out as an evil monster)
    Additional features:
    Free passage to Diviworld
    Dead monsters go to Passing
    No Path monsters
    No Moonpool baptised monsters
    Monstrock
    Dream of what monster you'll become

Grawissen (66 AP) - success
    Tentacles flailed as Leviathan roared to life. A dreaded monster that had almost faded into myth would once again wreak terror upon the oceans.

Kahar-Djin (62 AP) - success
    The Council of Masters came together with great vigour and import. They would, together, change the course of history. Most of the major paths were represented, though there were issues with unwanted intruders in addition to the Masters.
    The Council of Masters, +2 Council (until further notice)/-2 Deliberation

Alatadriel (78 AP) - success
    The colony of Al-Estria was successfully established. For some reason the natives had no issue with this. Maybe they just thought it'd be better than giants.
    Additionally, Rosalin Ravenhold has been reincarnated. Look out moderates, she's gonna break your jaw.

Ymon-Thal (76 AP) - success
    The Passing was successfully sanctified, finally.

Chern (64 AP) - success
    The Pact was officially ratified by the Starfolk, the choblins, and the Yith, despite a small diplomatic incident caused by a fox. It also rained lemonade. Everything got really sticky.

Petr (79 AP) - success
    India Kroft accompanied Nerassus on all his important headmaster business, taking the dagger with her. It would be his to use as he saw fit, though as of yet he still doesn't know what it does. Timorin will have to tell him.

Yir (70 AP) - success
    Valrion and Davanda won out against their ruthless ancestor, thanks to the intervention of the other gods. Davanda would have many gifts, such as the ability to calm and inspire all around her, to transform using her changeling blood, and last but not least, she smelt just AMAZING. But not in like an attractive way. She has a very platonically pleasing smell.
    However, despite these boons, Davanda came from a hard background, and everyone knew it. Treated by Yir as a bastard granddaughter and undeserving of his light, Davanda would always be a little scarred when it comes to domestic life.
    Davanda, +2 Harmony/-2 Family

Dulnori (86 AP) - success
    The Harken Steppe was sanctified. Again. Good job Harken Steppe.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Garjel_blah; 2020-04-06 at 11:21 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I ACCIDENTALLY EDITED OVER THE ROLLS POST SO I'M COPYING IT HERE

Chapter 3, Turn 1 rolls

Timorin (90 AP) - sanctify the Lucent Archipelago (14 AP/10 DC) +2 War/+2 Drama/+1 Asylum
    Avestra, +2 Nature/+1 Reproduction, low light vegetation
    Grawissen, +2 Knowledge/+2 Mining/+2 Architecture/-2 Unknown, tropical Gothic architecture and darklint
    Petr, +2 Justice, Vow of Asylum
    Dulnori, +2 Ambtion/+2 Fortune/+1 Sailing, bougy reef
    (1d20+19)[26]
    Secondary - scry India Kroft's dagger (1 AP)

Avestra (90 AP) - karma's a birch, and a big bird's perched at the top of it (20 AP/16 DC) +2 Nature/+2 Birds
    Grawissen, -2 Knowledge/-2 Architecture/+2 Unknown/+2 Heroism, something about magicite that has too many typos for me to understand, goddamnit Zilla
    Su'ule, +2 Sorcery/+2 Monsters/+1 Birth/+1 Metamorphosis, tuition for bad karma
    Kahar-Djin, +2 Paths/+2 Thresholds/+1 Travellers, Path karma
    Ymon-Thal, -2 Souls/-2 Death, every Passing will bring mortal's karma closer to neutral
    Petr, +2 Water/+2 Healing/+2 Justice/+1 Rainbow/+1 Medical, virtues of support/creation and disadvantage multiplier
    Alatadriel, +2 Fire/+2 Foxes/+1 Bees, Dharma and you can now enslave foxes, nice
    Yir, -2 Sun/-2 Majesty/-1 Perfection/-1 Symbiosis/-2 Giant, solarmancy karma neutralisation plus confession and Valrion neutralisation fields
    Timorin, +2 War/+2 Drama/+1 Games/+1 Asylum, war exception plus arts and pact of asylum
    Dulnori, -2 Ambition/-2 Fortune, less negative karma
    (1d20+18)[33]

Su'ule (100 AP) - mandate the Mandate of Su'ule (20 AP/16 DC) +2 Sorcery/+2 Monsters/+1 Birth/+1 Metamorphosis
    Kahar-Djin, -2 Paths/-1 Travellers, no Path monsters
    Timorin, +2 War/+2 Drama/+1 Asylum, chimeras for Timorin worshippers and diviworld inhabitants
    Ymon-Thal, -2 Souls/-2 Death/-1 Balance, Passing after monster life
    Avestra, +2 Nature/+2 Birds/+1 Sky, giant eagles for Avestra worshippers
    Petr, -2 Water/-2 Healing/-2 Moonpool/-2 Justice, baptism
    Grawissen, +2 Knowledge/+2 Mining/+2 Architecture/+2 Heroism/-2 Unknown, monstrock
    Alatadriel, +2 Fire, Tree of Woe for Alatadriel pyromancers, all like two of them
    Yir, +2 Majesty/+2 Sun/+1 Perfection/+1 Symbiosis, Shining Ones redemption
    Dulnori, +1 Dreams, foretelling dreams of transformation
    (1d20+15)[17]

Grawissen (80 AP) - wake the Leviathan (14 AP/10 DC) +2 Mining/+2 Knowledge/+2 Architecture/-2 Unknown
    Timorin for some reason, +1 Asylum/+2 War/+2 Drama/-2 Fear
    (1d20+7)[25]

Kahar-Djin (80 AP) - assemble the Council of Masters (+2 Council) (18 AP/14 DC) +2 Keys/+2 Paths/+1 Travellers
    Chern, +4 Decay/+1 Sanitation/+1 Fermentation/-2 Downtrodden, banners and magic facilities
    Avestra, +2 Nature, tree council members
    Petr, +2 Justice/+2 Healing, communion with dead Masters
    Grawissen, -2 Knowledge/-2 Architecture/+2 Unknown/+2 Heroism, spies
    Ymon-Thal, +2 Souls, ghost council members
    Alatadriel, +2 Fire, arts lobby
    Yir, +2 Giant, big giants little council
    Kahar-Djin, +2 Ambition/+2 Fortune/-2 Stability, house insurance
    Su'ule, +2 Monster/+1 Metamorphosis/+1 Birth, monster pets
    (1d20+27)[41]

Alatadriel (100 AP) - introduce invasive foxes to Al-Estria (10 AP/6 DC) +2 Foxes/+2 Fire/+2 Wilfulness
    (1d20+6)[25]
    Secondary - reincarnate Rosalin (12 AP)

Ymon-Thal (90 AP) - sanctify the Passing (14 AP/10 DC), +2 Death/+2 Life/+2 Souls
    Chern, +4 Decay/+2 Starry Crypt/+1 Sanitation, thin barrier with Starry Crypt
    (1d20+13)[14]

Chern (80 AP) - enforce the Pact of Boa (16 AP/12 DC) +4 Decay/+2 Starry Crypt/+1 Sanitation/+1 Fermentation
    Su'ule, +2 Sorcery/+2 Monsters/+1 Birth/+1 Metamorphosis, better sorcery?
    Grawissen, -2 Knowledge/-2 Mining/+2 Unknown/+2 Heroism
    Ymon-Thal, +2 Life/+2 Souls/+1 Balance, Yith in the Pact
    Alatadriel, -2 Foxes, potentially problematic fox messengers
    Timorin, -2 War/-2 Drama, Carl the Barl
    Dulnori, +2 Ambition/+2 Fortune/+1 Sailing, lemonade
    (1d20+18)[30]

Petr (80 AP) - summon India Kroft to his office (1 AP/0 DC) +2 Justice
    (1d20+2)[13]

Yir (100 AP) - create, but also try to destroy, Davanda (+2 Harmony) (18 AP/14 DC) +2 Giant/-2 Arrogance
    Chern, +4 Decay/+1 Sanitation, pacification field
    Timorin, +2 War/+2 Drama, Helen of Troy
    Petr, +2 Healing/+2 Justice/+2 Water, water shield
    Dulnori, +2 Ambition/+2 Fortune/+1 Dreams
    Alatadriel, +2 Fire/+1 Fertility/+1 Bees
    Grawissen, -2 Knowledge/-2 Architecture/+2 Unknown/+2 Heroism, bastard stigma
    Su'ule, +2 Sorcery/+2 Monsters/+1 Birth/+1 Metamorphosis, changeling
    Avestra, +2 Nature
    (1d20+32)[47]
    Secondary - reawaken Valrion (12 AP)

Dulnori (100 AP) - sanctify the Harken Steppe (14 AP/10 DC) +2 Fortune/+2 Ambition/+1 Dreams/+1 Sailing
    Timorin, +2 War/+2 Drama/+1 Games, shadows in arena
    Petr, +2 Healing/+2 Justice, no arena fatalities
    Su'ule, +1 Metamorphosis/+1 Birth
    (1d20+17)[21]
    Last edited by Garjel_blah; 2020-04-06 at 10:38 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282

Chimera

Su'ule, The New World, And Valrion

Su'ule, Mother of Monsters emerged from the now dormant fire chasm in the Gnawlands. . . her body clouded the sky over the Gnawlands as she then transformed into a beautiful blue haired maiden woman. . .

Holy High
    "Emperor. Someone is here to see you." One of the giant guards notifies the Emperor, Valrion. "It's . . . she claims to be the Goddess, Su'ule. But she looks just like one of us, only with blue hair. . . it's the most gorgeous hair I've ever seen!"

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Timorin felt a boat arrive on the Twilight Isle and knew the one had come.

Timorin brought all of the citizens of the island to the Twilight Grove. The grove held representatives of all races of the cult. The gods that were invited to the sanctification would already be present and the entire Masquerade would be present in one form or another. Most would be using the masks to view the coronation and passing it along to their section of the cult. The other gods had been called. They were invited to come to this ceremony and celebrate and told that Timorin would tell them about the mysterious artifact after the party.

In the center of the grove are a number of artifacts Timorin had made for his people over the years, displayed on a great altar made over the centuries with shamanism and amberis. Timorin’s digivice sat flanked by the scroll for the Path of Emotion and the Map of Masquerade, all of which sat before a glowing crown that shone with the same light that lit all the waters beneath the shadow veil. Hanging behind the crown was the mask of Timorin’s Hope.

Timorin's Lust stood next to the altar with the Staff of Shadows in their hand. A look from Timorin set them into motion summoning shadows. The shadows began circling the grove, gaining speed as they moved. They would work to fill those present with emotion throughout the ceremony.

Timorin turned to Nerassus and whispered in his ear. None present could yet hear what he said but after the fact, Nerassus encouraged Indiana to give Timorin the mysterious blade. Taking it into his hand, Timorin moved to stand before the altar.

”Friends, allies, cultists. In the earliest stage of my existence I found a home and a joy among these islands and these people. In exchange for what they gave me, what I didn’t appreciate at the time, I gave them a crown.” Timorin steps to the side so that all may see the Lucent Crown. ”I made a promise to the pygmies of these islands that one day someone would put on this crown and not be corrupted by its influence. Someone who they could follow because they know that they will lead them to a better tomorrow rather than being forced by any entity. Now, after over a millenia of waiting and searching for the one to come, they have arrived.”

A gentle murmur swept the crowd as they looked around, all of them hoping for a chance to see who would be chosen. All went quiet when Timorin spoke again.

”The person knows not yet that they are the one who has been chosen. So let me put it plainly. I seek the one who remembers what it’s like to not be worthy of wearing the crown. One who woke to learn the lesson of the crown from their own shallow grave. I seek the one who was there when the shadows you see around you were formed. One who served on the masquerade and paid a terrible price for it. I seek the one who has felt their life leave their body, only to have been deemed worthy by my sacred flower. One who bears a mark on their palm to remind them of the death they narrowly avoided.” At this point, Timorin’s eyes stop scanning the crowd and lock onto that of a young girl, not even twenty years of age. ”I seek Thalia the Soul Bound.”

Thalia was shaking with fear as she locked eyes with Timorin. This couldn’t be right. She wasn’t leadership material. She had barely begun on her journeys through the Path of Soul and sorcery. This couldn’t be right. Yet who else could it be. Her memories of her past lives had been very clear. She remembered it all. The crown, the grave, the shadows, the masks, the war, the lily. She had been through every experience sacred in the history of their people. If not for this, why had she felt compelled to come here. She steeled her resolve and stepped toward Timorin. “I am Thalia the Soul Bound, of the Greyscale Tribe.” Once she was standing before Timorin, she knelt. “I am at your service my lord.”

Timorin smiled. She would not be bowing for long. ”Centuries worth of blood has been shed over the promise you are about to fulfill. It is only fitting I do the same. Hold out your palm.” Timorin takes the mysterious knife in his left hand and makes a cut to match the scar on Thalia’s hand where she had been given the Roulily. Then he used his bleeding hand to lift the crown, which began absorbing the blood into itself. Then he handed it to Thalia and said, ”Stand my child, for I do not expect you to kneel before me. Take the mantle which is yours by right.”

Slowly, taking the crown in both hands, Thalia stood and faced the crowd. Shaking slightly, she placed the crown on her head. For a moment, the grove is still. The cultists expected to feel compelled to kneel and serve, as they always did when the crown was used. It takes them a few moments to realize nothing is happening. They don’t have to bow to her. They don’t have to serve her. Then, one by one, they began to Kneel until every member of the cult had knelt before her.

”All hail Thalia the Soul Bound. First Hope of Timorin.”

After taking a moment to take up the mask that was offered her, Thalia said, “Stand my people. Let us celebrate.”

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Action:
    75AP. Create Demigod. 18AP/14DC
    The Hope Of Timoirn +2 Sacrifice/-2 (TBDBH)
    This demigod is not a single person. When I immortalize them, it will not be immortalizing the person. Both will belong to the office. Unless people plan to kill my hope this turn, explaining how it works to become Timorin’s Hope can wait for the full chosen people action. In the meantime, the sacrifice domain is about giving up something for the greater good or the good of others. The office is not one that can be gained by the corrupt. It is a sacrifice made by the wearer. No longer is Thalia able to speak for herself. She must speak and think for her whole people. She is the political leader of the reef (and unaligned cult sects) and the religious leader of the cult as a whole. The domain shall be applied to actions that involve someone giving up something of theirs to aid others in getting what they need.

+2 Blood: Timorin’s blood was used to seal the covenant. The Hope of Timorin shall have a sense for when and how much blood is shed nearby.
    +2 Twilight Archipelago: The archipelago is the sacred land and base power for The Hope of Timorin.The office is tied to it. They shall always be able to return to it in an instant.
    +1 Asylum: Timorin’s Hope shall protect those in need. They can sense pacts for asylum and when they are broken. They will be a force for enforcing them and punishing either side for betraying it.
    +1 Games: After having been blessed by the Roulily, it becomes clear that the Hope of Timorin has exceptional luck in matters of chance. The most common use of this is in games of chance. They will always have unnatural luck in things where skill plays no factor and the luck is disproportionate to the importance.
    +2 Drama: Timorin’s hope is an extension of his will and power. As such they will naturally gain the powers of the path of emotion without having to travel it. This is over time, the same amount of time it would normally take to travel the path, it just happens automatically in office and doesn't count as travelling if.
    +2 War: The Hope of Timorin serves many roles among the cult. First is to serve and defend them. They are the military leader of the cult as well as the religious leader. Warriors (as in Transmuters) within sight of her can stretch their Mana a little farther.
    -2 Fear: Thalia’s fear at taking up the mantle is overwhelming. Those who take up this office shall always be haunted and motivated by the fear that they aren’t worthy of it.
    Last edited by gac3; 2020-04-09 at 04:00 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Thal-Verys, The Twilight Isle

During the coronation Thal-Verys had managed to somewhat hide in the crowd — as well as she could hide anywhere, at least — but as soon as Timorin's speech was finished she stepped out in front of the god and his newly chosen Hope. She let her sun flare up enough to call attention to herself and as the crowd fell silent once more she spoke up.

"Greetings, First Hope of Timorin", she said, bowing her head enough to show respect without submission. "I am Thal-Verys, Shepherd of the Passing and servant of Ymon-Thal, the First Beginning and Final End."

She stopped for a few moments and when she spoke again her voice was barely above a whisper. "I... know what it's like to be chosen by a god for a mission, a duty, that seems so much larger than yourself. It's a terrifying privilege. I wish you well, Thalia of the Greyscale Tribe. May the gods grant you luck and courage."

Spoiler: Help Timorin
    Show

Ymon-Thal and Thal-Verys grants the Hope of Timorin two gifts. First of all a long life (+ 2 Life), the current Hope will live longer (as in, a decade or two) than most of his or her species if not killed by violence or an accident. The second is the ability to see into another's* soul (+ 2 Souls), not knowing their thoughts but getting a good sense of their feelings and — perhaps most importantly — knowing if the person is trustworthy or not.

(* Works only on mortal souls)

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Nerassus: The Twilight Isle

Nerassus watches with a proud smile as Timorin sanctifies the office of his Hope. A mortal to guide and protect other mortals. An old soul, reborn to Timorin's cult again and again. There's a beautiful sense of justice to it all. Lifetimes of struggle solidified in a moment of reward. Well, hopefully more than a moment. With how close Sanctuary and the Lucent Reef people have been the past few centuries, the people of Sanctuary well know of the curse of the crown...

When Verys-Thal finishes her short speech, and the celebrations resume, Masters Mika and Sel conjure up a spectacular display of pyromantic fireworks in the air. Crackling explosions bathing the festival in a rainbow of colours. "Yo Headmaster." A sharp elbow to Nerassus's side brings him out of his reverie. "You okay? You were spacing out quite a lot there."

"Oh. Sorry. It's just." I saw Father cry for the first time ever. Father almost killed a mortal for a crime she wasn't guilty of. I should probably be there, but at the same time I feel like I don't belong there. And I. "I was just... thinking."

"Yeah?" India grins as she lifts a wooden cup to her lips, drinking the bitter draught with a twisted grimace on her face. "Are you going to create a divine gift too? Maybe give them the gift of better drinks?"

"Hrm? Oh yeah. I should do that. Not the alcohol thing. I'm not much of a brewer. Maybe Chern could though. He did help the University get it's first distillery after all. But I digress. I should think of something to give the office."

"Like the contract you made earlier? Perhaps some kind of peace or trade agreement between the reef and the places you rule."

Nerassus chuckles, a deep rumble echoing from his chest. "Not a bad idea. Except that is something mortals can do. I should not, when possible, dictate what mortals can or can't do. Besides. You've heard the stories of the crown yeah? I think... yeah. That's going to be the support that I offer."

Spoiler: Help:
    Show
    Strengthen the office of Timorin's Hope:
    +2 Water/+2 Healing/+2 Justice: If someone hurts the current holder of Timorin's Hope's office outside of self-defense, the blessing of blood justice will draw life from the perpetrator to heal the hope.

India watches Nerassus as the demigod stares intently at young Thalia. Her gaze flickers to the new leader, then back at the giant, and when nothing happens. "So... what support?"

"Oh, I'm already weaving it. It's entwining a bit of my own and mother's essence into Timorin's efforts. It's not magic as you're used to it, so it's not very flashy... although. If you want flashy. There's another party. The Pearlescent Moon in just a few nights. You should come join."

"I don't know..."

"We've got ancient ruins from the first age of the gods."

"What are we still doing here then?!"

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

On the edge of the city of Chole

Cheek and Stopit arrived at the border of the great city of Chole. Stopit immediately collapsed. “WATER WATER WATER!” Cheek got out his canister of water and started pouring it into the dinosaur’s mouth. “Thank...you!” Stopit mumbled as he laid on the sand. “Does this place have more water?”

Cheek Padded Stopit on the back “This is excellent the coldest it gets during the day.”

“Can we get in before it becomes harder?” Stopit ask pathetically.

“Hey!” someone yelled out as they walked towards the duo. “What business do you have here?” a random border guard asked.

“We want to enter the city. What do you think we want to do die of dehydration next to it?” Cheek said angrily as he sat next to his friend.

“Well, foreignness is not allowed in the city without authorization.” the guard demanded. “What type of authorizations you have?

Cheek looked over at Stopit, as he laid on the ground exhausted. He then turned back towards the guard “as the son of Capt. Teeth Clenched, Cheek Clenched.”

The Guards eyes widened.”OH...I’m so sorry, will bring assistance to help your fat friend in.” The God then walked off to get that said assistance.

Cheek Looked over at Stopit. “I hope you appreciate what I do for you.” Cheek mumbled as he continued petting Stopit. “... I was hoping to avoid my father coming back here.”

“Why?...” Stopit asked. “... He seems like a popular guy?”

Cheek looked at the sand below. “Some personal stuff.”
    ________

father away in the desert

A figure looked at the 2 traveling lizards as they enter the city. It was Aerathor with strangely to crows on his right shoulder. He then turned to these crows. “You know the plan find the 2 claws and then take the tunnels to Boa shore.” The crows nodded and then flew up into the air. He then looked towards the city. “I guess I’ll finish with those disgusting orc failed to do.” His hand and lit up with fire. “And I can take the city of Verman out with it.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Chern, 64 AP, the Chernway

Chern plodded down the Chernway, heading north from the Starry Crypt junction. With the squabbling amongst his followers finally put to rest by the Pact of Boa, the god of decay was now on his way to the current termination of the continent-spanning tunnel. He'd heard that there were engineering issues.

As he walked, Vidlans the flaming pirate danced around him, japing and jesting and swigging chum. So far Chern had barely said a word to the flame dancer, hoping that he would go away. He was not going away. It was becoming a problem.

"Arrr... Ye choblins have done a great job with this 'ere Chern-way. Real wonder o' the world! Though I won't lie, it gets a little dreary when ya spend this long traversin' it. There only be so long that I can spend lookin' for shapes in the glowloam! Ahoy! That one looks like a pelican! Ya know what they say about pelicans, Chern-me-boy? Their beak can hold as much as their belly-can! Pelican, belly-can! How good be that? I tell ye, ol' Vidlans got a lotta experience with pelicans, back when I sailed the wide oceans..."

Chern wondered whether it would be unjustified abuse of his divine power to simply smite the annoying pirate. It probably would. Perhaps if he smote himself instead...

"So, where arrrre we going, anyways? Last time I asked ye just answered "this way". I won't lie, if me navigator gave me such lip back in the day, I'd 'ave 'ad 'im flogged. No longer, 'course."

Vidlans patted Chern on the back, just roughly enough to knock Chern's mask down over his eyes. Chern readjusted the mask, sighing with all the sorrowful passive aggression of an overburdened pack mule.

"I," he emphasised pointedly, "am going north to help the Chernway builders with a technical issue."

"Arrrr..." Vidlans arrrred, in a manner that Chern couldn't help but find condescending. "Do tell, Chern-me-boy! What issue plagues these builders?"

"They've reached the ocean," Chern said bluntly.

"The ocean! Ol' Vidlans could tell ya some things about the ocean..."

"The issue is," Chern cut in, considering his capitulation of prolixity the lesser evil in comparison to hearing more about the rotting ocean from ol' Vidlans, "that no matter how deep they tunnel, they get flooded. There's serious danger of the whole section collapsing under the water pressure."

"Arrr, tis as I suspected... What's the plan then, Cap'n Chern?"

"My glowloam has proven an effective vessel for my will for hundreds of years... But here it has finally met its match. All things meet their match eventually, Vidlans. Therefore, a new adaptation is in order, to overcome this obstacle to the Chernway."

"And what be this... Adaptation?"

"Well Vidlans, I was thinking-"

"Might I suggest you consider... Updog?"

Chern blinking, considering this spontaneous and bewildering proposition intently.

"What's updog?"

Vidlans swelled into a bonfire of mirthful flames, and with a mighty slap of his thigh he roared at the top of his dancer-trained lungs, "ARRRR NOT MUCH, WHAT's UP WITH YE YER OL' SEADOG?"

Chern halted in his tracks to stare at the cackling pirate. Never before had the Wiltwatchers eyes - eyes legendary for the sheer depth of their sorrow - held as much abject misery as they did now.

"Arr don't look so glum, Chern-me-boy." Vidlans gave Chern a pat on the cheek that was really just straight up a slap, knocking his mask half way around his head. "Hey look, that there glowloam looks like a mushroom! What arrre the odds?"

"It is a mushroom."

"I know! Weird right?"

"Uuuuugh..."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

The Moonpool upon Sanctuary:

The Pearlescent Moon. The first full moon in the month honouring Petr. This day, so many years ago, was when the Moon Pool was first Sanctified. The day of Nerassus's birth. The most holy day to the people of Sanctuary. A day supposed to be filled with joy and celebration.

And yet, Nerassus can't help but feel a deep, thrumming dread within his soul. Most of the gods returned about a year ago. But momma was not among them. He watches the people of Sanctuary set up booths, prepare lanterns and cook up food. A pair of children rush past him in a game of tag. The Masters are using their sorcery to help set up a large stage for people to show off. India... she doesn't seem to be around. Extending his essence, Nerassus finds her still roaming about the old caverns. "The sun has set. You should make your way to the MoonPool before you miss out on the opening ceremony."

Turning his attention back to the festival. A small tent has been set up for the youngest. His own dear Nani is watching over them, telling them stories of Sanctuary, of Petr and of the world outside. He walks over to stand beside her, kneeling down to plant a gentle hand upon her shoulder. Nani smiles and leans in against Nerassus's side. "Hey there dad. I was just telling the children about when The Great One created the Icewater lilies."

"Oh? I love that one." He gives Nani a warm squeeze before turning to the children. Most are asleep, but some look up at Nerassus with curious, shining eyes. "Are you all excited about today?"

"YES!" They cry out in a delighted chorus, loud enough to wake some of the lighter sleepers.

"Heh. That's wonderful. Tonight is going to be interesting."

Nani nods slowly, leaning in to whisper into Nera's ear. "I know I've asked you a dozen times or so but... You're absolutely sure it's safe?"

"Yes. I know the omen seems bad, but... it isn't. It's a prediction of violence yes. But we've scanned the whole island multiple times. There are no threats. And even if there were, there is nowhere safer for them than being near me."

"That's true I guess." Nani breathes softly, but Nera can hear the rapid beating of her heart, and see the nervous nibble upon her lips.

"It'll be okay." Nera turns his head skywards, smiling as he gestures towards the horizon. "Look. The moon is rising. You should wake the children up so they can join the chorus."

---

O galu e agamalu
    Lulu ia susulu
    E vave le lele
    E ala i lona malosi
    puipuia lo matou fale
    ma fa'amalosia i matou
    upega mamafa mamafa
    seia mae'a le la

An old song, older than Nerassus, perhaps older than the island itself, resounds within the caldera. Even India, who has never heard the song before, finds herself singing along. The pale moonlight creeps across the water's surface. And as it does, there begins to shine a soft light from beneath as well. The song grows in volume. The walls of the caldera echo back for a deep reverb. It rises towards a crescendo.

And then is cut off by a cry of fear and surprise. Nerassus twists his head towards the noise. One of his people are pointing at something out in the Pool. In the darkness something red begins to spiral up and out of the pool. Blood. And Water. They both spiral one another like two serpents struggling for dominance. Nerassus quickly casts a spell of light to shine upon the lake, and the whole crowd gasps in shock as water and blood churn against each other. A violent, forceful display. The blood lashes out with wild, reckless abandon, while the water struggles to contain the blood. Beneath the struggling forms Nerassus notices a massive pearl. It is slowly drifting towards the surface, but the blood keeps pushing it back down. "Mika!"

"Yes?!"

"The pearl! Do you see it? Lift it up with me!"

"Yes sir!" Mika steps up to Nerassus and channels her mana into the pool. The crowd watches in silence as the pearl rises up further. It breaks the surface, sending a wave of blood and water to wash against the beach. But the pearl refuses to rise further. "Nghn... this is tough. What the hell is that thing?!"

"It's Momma. It has to be. And... and it doesn't matter. We have to help her. Put all your might into this."

"Gha..." Mika grunts as her legs begin to buckle from the strain. "I don't... think I can..."

"You can. We all can! Everyone able, use your aquamancy to help push the pearl upwards!"

Several of the islanders rush towards the water's edge. Even the elderly, and some of the young step up to pool their power together with that of Mika and Nerassus. The spiral of blood and water quivers as the pearl finally breaks the surface and hovers in midair. Caught in the pale light of the moon, resting upon a pedestal of swirling water, the massive pearl looks almost like a second moon. But still the blood and water struggle. Nerassus looks about himself in desperation for a clue or sign or anything. When suddenly something small, sharp and white flies past him. He turns to see India with a distant, puzzled look on her face. As if she herself has no idea why she threw....

The knife?!"

A small tendril of water flows from the MoonPool. It catches the dagger and lifts it up to the two struggling forms. The water manages to wrap itself around the blood, holding it firmly in place for a moment. A moment being all it needs. The MoonPool stabs the dagger into the struggling forms, straight through them and into the pearl itself. The caldera is filled with the sound of thousands of voice that cry out in unison. Pain. Fear. Sorrow. Confusion. For a moment a red shadow drifts across the moon and pearl both, throwing the whole island into a dark, crimson light.

Then, just as suddenly as it happened, the crimson glow fades. Light returns to normal. And the gathered crowd sees the shifting spirals of blood and water stand up, now fused into one being. A vaguely humanoid shape, half twisting pure water, half broiling blood upon which float outlines of screaming faces. The... being... drifts across the water's surface towards Nerassus. The crowd around him disperses.

Nerassus steps forward.

"Momma?!" Tears stain the corner of his eyes as he rushes into a desperate sprint, his feet walking on water without even disturbing the surface. "MOMMA?! Is it... it's you isn't it?"

"Dearheart... yes. It's me." Petr opens their arms wide, rising up to meet Nerassus. The two embrace upon the pool. Nerassus hugs his mother tighter than he has ever hugged before, caring not for the blood as it stains his fur and clothes. "I'm finally back." Petr's voice quivers, and now that he is so closehe can hear a soft, niggling whisper in the back of his mind. "Bleed. Suffer. Despair. Revenge."

"Momma...what... what has happened to you? You're changed! You're...so full of blood and...and anger?"

"I haven't. Not really dearheart." "You didn't save us. Why didn't you save us? Where were you?!" "But... you know what has happened. What our people have suffered."

"No... way. Varpier hurt even you?"

"Varpier did not hurt me. But he hurt my children." Petr turns to the stunned crowd of onlookers. "You have heard the stories. You have heard of the cruelty enacted upon the people of Sanctuary in the past. These... Petr touches upon their bloody half. "Are the victims. Their bodies and souls caught by twisted sorcery, forced to remain bound to the soil of the land. But no more. I shall make right what was done wrong to the island." Petr lifts the knife up in her palm, looking it over with a slow nod. "Thank you for bringing this here today dearheart. This... made sealing and calming their souls a lot easier."

"You bound the souls to your essence... that's what happened?! Mother. Is this safe?"

"Nothing is safe dearheart. But sometimes we must take risk for the benefit of those who lack the power to save themselves. Come. The pearl is but the start of our efforts, and even that is not done. The other gods will have seen what happened to the moon. They will be here soon enough I'm sure. We must prepare a statement for them. But first, there are two things we must do." "Break it. Bleed it."

"Yes?"

"Lend me your power."

Spoiler: Action: Create Artifact
    Show

(16 AP / 12 DC): Create the Moon Mother of Pearls

Petr crafts the Moon Pearl from a single, massive pearl that has been growing quietly at the bottom of the MoonPool's sanctified water for the past 500 years. The pearl is a massive thing, with a diameter of five meters. It is almost perfectly round and pulses with light and spiritual energy. Close examination of the pearl reveal what looks like veins of blood that run criss cross beneath the surface of the pearl. It's domain is the Moon, and it represents the physical object of the moon itself, as well as it's symbolic, ephemeral qualities. Mind and spirit, reflections and revelations, beauty and purity.

+2 Blood: When Petr stabbed themselves to seal the souls damned by Varpier's attack inside of them, they gave the pearl itself a small slivver of Petr's own life-force and vitality. The Moon Mother grows, it feeds, and it bleeds. When submerged in water, the pearl feeds upon surrounding nutrients, and it "bleeds" smaller pearls containing a fragment of it's original power. It can only shed pearls when in the light of the moon, but it needn't be a full moon.
    +2 Water/+2 Healing: When the Moon Pearl is submerged in water, it turns the water into a healing spring. It takes a least a year for the full effect of the Moon Pearl to turn the surrounding pool into a proper healing spring, but at it's most powerful, such a healing spring can heal anything short of death.
    +2 MoonPool: Once a year, on the night of the Pearlescent Moon, if the Moon Mother of Pearls is within the Moon Pool, the conjuction of the two enacts Petr's blessing of purity upon everyone who bathes in the pool. For now, the rite of purity only removes ill will from the mind, granting the soul serenity and comfort, while washing away doubts and fears.
    +2 Justice/+1 Rainbow: Nerassus uses Timorin's understanding of emotions to weave a shelter of warning and protection between the pearl, the moon, and the world. If any soul as vile and dark as Varpier should ever step upon the island again, the moon will glow a dark, angry red of warning.

Total: +11

The two step back from the Pearl, now shimmering with power. It'll succeed... if the other gods permit it. "And now?"

"Hrm?"

"The second thing to be done Momma?"

"Hunt the Varpier. Slay the Varper. Kill it. Kill it. KILL IT!" Petr winces and places a hand upon their side, whispering gentle words to the screaming souls. "No. Not that... con... continue the festivities. I fear... I fear I have made... today worse than it should be. I still love you all but... I must go. There is much work to be done, but the people need you more right now." Petr gives Nerassus a brief hug, before they fade away into mist, leaving Nerassus standing alone, dejected and sad in the middle of the MoonPool, the dagger in his hand.

"I... okay." Nerassus turns to the crowd. He takes a deep breath to let his voice reach the far edges of the caldera. "You heard mother! This is a day for joy! Be not sad for what you have seen, be glad! Be glad and know that even in sleep, Mother watches over us. And let this make it clear that she does not abandon us. No matter what, she will see to our restoration!"

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Su'ule, Valrion - Holy High
    "Emperor. Someone is here to see you." One of the Rainbow Guard notifies the Emperor, Valrion. "It's . . . she claims to be the Goddess, Su'ule. But she looks just like one of us, only with blue hair. . . it's the most gorgeous hair I've ever seen!"

Emperor Valrion was sitting in the library having a bit of quite time in the middle of the day, putting down the scroll they were looking over for the future projects in the south they gave a sigh and began to walk to the window nearby. "Some sort of changeling sorceress no doubt, I'll go see to her." Then disappeared in a pillar of light once daylight touched them, reappearing at the front gate of the palace.

Yet the sight shocked the emperor, for when they looked upon the form of Su'ule they could feel that it was truly her. Giving a bow, emperor Valrion said: "Greetings Su'ule of the Voice, what brings you here to my home?"

"I understand you have an honorable agreement with Tu'ul Arn, the Dragon Man, Elder One of the Council. This is equitable. However, it will be time for my people to belong more wholly to me. I will require they take their leave of your Empire for a short time. They will continue to pay their tributary, but they must be permitted to govern themselves, completely, for several years."

Valrion looked incredibly uncomfortable,"Of course, mighty Su'ule, though it may be... difficult depending on your definition of complete governance and your people madam Su'ul. While I am willing to withdraw the ICA ambassadors and suspend the Council of Commerce's actions in the region I fear for the people's rights. Please, while the ICA workers may leave for a time, can you hold my peace together for the time that they are gone? I know it is a lot to ask of you, but I wish not to not break my word or chain the people."

"People will not be removed from their homes or peoples. They may do as they wish. I merely wish for them to be my people. Should they be devoted to me, I will be as much their guardian as I am their Goddess."

Valrion, disheartened by the words somewhat looked into Su'ules eyes "Of course, Goddess, though it is a deep shame that you feel so slighted by me and Tu'ul Arn's work that you consider them not your own in their current state. I am... truly sorry."

After a moment of thought Su'ule said "You have moved me with your words, mortal. I shall make them all my own. Those around these lands. Those who are my own are indeed my own."

Valrion, greatly relived at the being able to avoid the paperwork involved in such an endeavor, gave a bit of a laugh before stating. "My thanks Su'ule. If you will, would you like to rest in my abode for supper? Davanda should be back from studies soon."

"Very well, Emperor. I would be honored to be your guest."

20. - Top - End - #290

Chimera

Su'ule
    -20 AP/80 AP = 60/100 AP
    After the meeting with Emperor Valrion Su'ule would assimilate the Northern Lands as her Chosen People's. Anyone living in the North would be made Su'ule's Chosen people. For the next few years, Su'ule's people would basically rule themselves. Craftsman would make figurines of art that look like dragons, and monsters of the imagination. The people would be taught to respect scholars, and to seek out wisdom, knowledge and insight at whenever possible, and not only that, but they would be taught which herbs to seek after for fertility in their women. Lastly, and most importantly, they would be taught many parables in how to achieve the best transformation possible at the end of their lives. The good Northerner, would sometimes even become a Phoenix by the Mandate Of Su'ule.

Spoiler
    Show

-20 AP to Assign Chosen People : The Grey Plains, the Northern Mountain Republic, and the Gnaw Greenlands
    +2 Monsters
    +2 Sorcery
    +1 Birth
    +1 Metamorphosis
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2020-04-07 at 10:36 AM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Passing

Déjà Vu floated upon the waves of the passing, down below souls of the dead. “I never really like this place…” he thought to himself. “It may look pretty but this place is filled with sorrow, not the best place to clear my head.” Déjà Vu then came to a random cave. He took a deep breath “...you’re probably wondering why I’m here after centuries of crashing here but I need to talk to someone.”

Thal-Verys looked up at Déjà Vu, her chained sun lighting up the cave behind her with a soft glow. "And here I thought I could get a moment of peace between trying to keep thousands of souls going the right way." She sighed. "Go ahead, Déjà Vu. I suppose we could both use someone to talk to."

Déjà vu sat down “My first mission after hundreds of years did not go well, I failed to save many at the University…” he then slammed his fist into the ground. “... The monsters responsible for it got away. And worst of all they stole my father’s bones...”

"Your father's bones?" Thal-Verys raised an eyebrow. "Yes, that seems like an... unfortunate thing to lose. Did you... leave them somewhere?

“Mortals had them…” Déjà vu said. “... Only some of the bones were at the University the other bones were scattered around the world in 3 places. 2 claws with the Choblins, the bottom jaw with the Prehist and the rest with Steppe.” he then turned to the sky. “I’ll be quite honest I was in here just to talk. I’m here to ask you a favor.”

"I see", Thal-Verys said, remembering the last time she had done the rhinoceros demigod a favor, leading him to some mortals he had failed to save. "Any more dead parents you need me to find?" She paused, almost smiling. "You know, besides your own."

“There are 2 people I am trying to protect, a tongue named Stopit and a terror named Cheek, if anything bad happened to them I want to do anything you can do for them.” Déjà vu then got up.

She thought for a few moments, then nodded. "Very well, I will do as you ask." She stood up, the Cloak of the Sea cloak flowing from her shoulders like a waterfall of fabric. "But that will the second favor you owe me, Déjà Vu. One day, I will collect."

Déjà Vu bowed. "Thank you." And with that, he flew off

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Avestra, The Masked Isle

From behind Timorin, out stepped a striking woman with flowing raven hair and a fierce expression. If any mortal present had somehow been alive and around Al-Sinai over a millennia ago, they might have recognised her as the woman last seen stepping into Khan Ormotag's hut before divine justice was brought down on him.

"On behalf of nature, I present you with this." She handed Thalia a gleaming amberis horn. "Blew on the horn and all the natural world and I will come to your aid. But only once, so use it wisely."

Show

Assist Timorin to create his demigod with 2+ Nature by giving Thalia the Horn of the Wild. The horn is designed so that only Timorin's Hope may blow into it and produce a noise. For one time only, when it is blown in a time of danger, Avestra and all the natural world will come to the holder's aid.

~

Some time later

Kismet, Sunset Forest, Ebonbark Bay

Just as Kismet had hoped, Hazel and Aspen were only too keen to introduce their friends to the exotic forest they had discovered. It wasn't long before all the children of the tribe knew about the secret hideout, accessible only through a log which no grown adult was slender enough to crawl through. Other than their discretion, the only rule which Kismet had emphasised was that they must stay within the bounds of the island and the lake surrounding it. The moment any Crow child set foot on another part of the Diviworld, they would be outside Avestra's protection and anything could happen to them.

Content his work was done, Kismet skipped back through Sunset Forest until he reached Avestra's Perch. Unseen to anyone else, the Great Crow herself was perched on the tree, apparently asleep. Kismet knew better. He swung up onto the perch and climbed until he was face-to-face with the resting avian.

"I did it," the small spirit said in her ear. "They all know about the portal now."

Avestra opened a single eye, regarding him coolly.

"Good," she said, shutting her eye again.

"So, am I..."

"No," Avestra said shortly. "You have not yet repaid your debt to the forest. I have one more task for you."

"I thought you might say that," Kismet said, pouting.

"Go to the village of Xinka on the edges of the Toran Savannah. There you will find a young woman named Inyoni. Keep watch over her and ensure no harm comes to her until I arrive."

"A tallhead?" Kismet exclaimed. Those were his favourite. "Is she pretty?"

"You'll have to find out for yourself," Avestra said, stretching her wings. "I have business to attend to."
    Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-04-07 at 04:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post

After taking a moment to take up the mask that was offered her, Thalia said, “Stand my people. Let us celebrate.”

Show
    Action:
    76BP. Create Demigod. 18AP/14DC
    The Hope Of Timoirn +2 Sacrifice/-2 (TBDBH)
    This demigod is not a single person. When I immortalize them, it will not be immortalizing the person. Both will belong to the office. Unless people plan to kill my hope this turn, explaining how it works to become Timorin’s Hope can wait for the full chosen people action. In the meantime, the sacrifice domain is about giving up something for the greater good or the good of others. The office is not one that can be gained by the corrupt. It is a sacrifice made by the wearer. No longer is Thalia able to speak for herself. She must speak and think for her whole people. She is the political leader of the reef (and unaligned cult sects) and the religious leader of the cult as a whole. The domain shall be applied to actions that involve someone giving up something of theirs to aid others in getting what they need.

+2 Blood: Timorin’s blood was used to seal the covenant. The Hope of Timorin shall have a sense for when and how much blood is shed nearby.
    +2 Twilight Archipelago: The archipelago is the sacred land and base power for The Hope of Timorin.The office is tied to it. They shall always be able to return to it in an instant.
    +1 Asylum: Timorin’s Hope shall protect those in need. They can sense pacts for asylum and when they are broken. They will be a force for enforcing them and punishing either side for betraying it.
    +1 Games: After having been blessed by the Roulily, it becomes clear that the Hope of Timorin has exceptional luck in matters of chance. The most common use of this is in games of chance. They will always have unnatural luck in things where skill plays no factor and the luck is disproportionate to the importance.
    +2 Drama: Timorin’s hope is an extension of his will and power. As such they will naturally gain the powers of the path of emotion without having to travel it. This is over time, the same amount of time it would normally take to travel the path, it just happens automatically in office and doesn't count as travelling if.
    +2 War: The Hope of Timorin serves many roles among the cult. First is to serve and defend them. They are the military leader of the cult as well as the religious leader. Warriors (as in Transmuters) within sight of her can stretch their Mana a little farther.
    -2 Fear: Thalia’s fear at taking up the mantle is overwhelming. Those who take up this office shall always be haunted and motivated by the fear that they aren’t worthy of it.
    Valrion had like when Rosalin been presented in that party so long ago, hidden themselves in humble robes of grey and a small demeanor (very small considering the average sized person at the ceremony). The only notable object on them was the small golden axe they carried on their side. They clapped and cheered when the crowed did so, though for those looking directly at Valrion would see that their eyes looked emotionless, and that they were staring at the staff often having disappointment be the only thing to cross their face.

When the new office of Hope was established and they were having gods, demi-gods, and others speak to them; Valrion waited with all the mortals to finally speak to Hope. Finally they were able to speak with Thalia, but before doing so made eye contact for a moment with Timorin whom already knew of Valrion's presence.

"Good tidings to you Hope Thalia, I am emperor Valrion and come into these cursed lands in the name of the One Above All, Yir." As they said this they grew in stature, all the way to their true size, and their axe grew with them to the size where it was two-handed for Valrion. Staring down at Thalia Valrion's eyes were orbs of gold. "I am the harbinger of the fate of reckless sacrifice, I know the price of giving one's all for something, even if you accept it-" their lips curled in disgust "and I will NOT allow it to happen if I can. By Will Above are you judge, by MY will am I the executioner. If you or any of those that take up the office after you sacrifice needlessly, I shall be there in the name of freedom and justice.

Shifting their axe towards the staff Valrion's eyes returned to normal full of open sadness and disappointment, tears being held back. "Timorin has shown no true remorse for his hideous crimes, indeed, he takes pride in them. You... you can do better than him and use power responsibly, everyone can, even if you don't think so. I promise that you have the potential. Just try, please? Hold Caution in your heart."

And with that Valrion left in a streak of light, watching the rest of the ceremony from far away.

Spoiler: Hinder
    Show
    +2 Sun and +2 Giant: The sun judges the actions of the office of Hope, when those in power use it to create or aid unnecessary or cruel sacrifices then Valrion will appear and immediately cut off their head (or otherwise instantly destroy them) in a manner that bypasses the divine defenses they have. Blood sacrifices always count as unnecessary and cruel. This affect only works once an age.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-04-07 at 08:34 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Chern, 64 AP, Port Kelpvine

Being a people of the deep jungle, the Starfolk historically never had much of a presence along the Trian coast. The Kelp Bay is the one exception to this, hosting the coastal town of Port Kelpvine. Until recently it had been little more than a fishing village, transporting the ocean's bounty up the Vine River to the inland cities. However with the recent colonisation of Al-Estria, ocean traffic had surged throughout the south Sundered Sea, and the humble port was busier than ever.

Not to mention the crack squads of choblin engineers that occasionally burst out of the ground, sopping wet and ranting about floods. At least now, with the Pact of Boa, they were no longer hostile.

It was at this picturesque yet tumultuous meeting of the jungle, the sea, and the deep oerth that Chern arrived, Vidlans in tow. They took to the surface, walking along a beach ridden with driftwood, and then down a jetty sprinkled with sand. The locals didn't pay them much mind, Chern masks had been common forever and flame dancers had been seen in the Al-Estria fleets. The Wiltwatcher strode to the end of the jetty, and peered into the water.

"Arrr... Beautiful, isn't it?" Vidlans said wistfully. "Ahoy! That yonder vessel, it be flying the colours o' Al-Sinai! Voyaging back to Ebonbark, I'd wager. Mayhaps it'll dock here for trade?"

"Well, Vidlans, it's been nice travelling with you," Chern lied, "but I have to dive down to the sea bed now, and it'd hate for you to harm yourself trying to follow me. Good bye."

"Arr hold on one second there, Chern-me-" Splash.

Chern toppled face first into the water, like a corpse sent to sleep with the fishes. He sank like a stone.

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtlHziYJYUs

The avatar of the god of decay came to rest on the seabed, a good ten or so fathoms down. The sunlight was dim here in the sediment-rich water, but when he opened his eyes they shone forth like the lure of some abyssal predator. Chern drifted into a standing position, then began to walk down into the deep water, his strides long and loping through the dense forest of tangled mangrove roots and sea weed. Schools of fish darted out of his way, a few crabs twitched their feelers in his direction, a shark eyed him as it traced a suspicious circle. Though life teemed all around him, the water was blissfully quiet. Chern relished it.

As he got deeper, and the water grew colder and clearer, the titular kelp forest began to emerge. Towering pillars of greenery, swaying hypnotically with the current, founded atop a maze of stone buttes bristling with coral. Chern grooved as he wound his way between them, the ocean creatures seeming to pulse about him in time to a bay's breaths. Those that are wise among the mortals say that the forests are the lungs of the world, but even they are wrong. It is the breathing of the oceans that truly sustains life on this planet.

As much as Chern enjoyed the sights, he did have a job to do. He was looking for something, a glow in the sand, maybe bubbles. It did not take long for him to find.

At the bottom of an unusually deep trench in the kelp forest, Chern found a mass of luminous glowloam. Bubbles were rising from a crack along its edge. Chern leaped, sliding down the side of the trench in a billowing cloud of sand. He floated above the glowloam, inspecting it from beneath a halo of sand, deep sunlight, and darting fish.

It was obvious to him that this was one of the sources of the flooding. The choblins had misjudged their position underground, and had moulded the glowloam into the seabed. Only a small crack was visible at the moment, but a cave in and total flood of the coastal Chernway was inevitable without intervention. However, something else that Chern noticed was the glowloam's ill health. The fungus appeared shrivelled and dim. It had never meant to survive in the ocean. An adaptation was required.

Chern took a snapped strand of coral from the sand next to him, then pinched a spore of glowloam from deep within the intrusion in front of him. Then, he simply slotted the spore into the coral. Protected by the calcified structure, the glowloam could now thrive in this foreign environment, and continue to contribute to the advancement of the Chernway.

Spoiler: Action!
    Show
    Create a basic life-form (8 AP/4 DC)

+4 Decay, due to corrosive symbiosis between glowloam and gloral

+1 Sanitation, to make gloral able to produce filtered fresh water from its surrounding salt water

Chern creates a sub-aquatic variation of glowloam called gloral. This coral is, like glowloam, strongly bio-luminescent, and like glowloam it is incredibly hardy. Gloral can survive at even the deepest parts of the ocean, subsisting off of every bit of detritus they can filter out of the dark waters. They can grow in a wide range of temperatures and pressures, though not in freshwater (regular glowloam does just fine there).

A few additional properties will be introduced to gloral to make it suited to building an oceanic Chernway. Firstly, it will be translucent as well as glowing, allowing people to see through it into the wider ocean. Secondly, large clumps of gloral will be able to sink their roots deep into surrounding rock and glowloam, creating watertight seals beneath them. From these two properties, you can imagine the oceanic Chernway looking a bit like an elongated glass dome running along the bottom of the ocean. Skilled aquamancer shamans will be able to make even more complex structures, such as spires and arching tubes.

Chern set his sprig of gloral into the bubbling crack, his work done. He almost choked on a mouthful of seawater when he suddenly heard a gurgling roar behind him.

"Cheueueeeuurn-me-boouououoooy!"

Vidlans was suspended in the water above Chern, his flames replaced by roiling steam. Chern goggled up at him.

"How ure yuh doin heure?" he blubbed with indignant incredulity. Vidlans grinned.

"All un thu breeueueeathin Cap'n!"

---

Back at the surface, Chern wandered up onto the beach, his rags sopping wet. Vidlans followed, already dry and crackling merrily.

"That was fun!" he called out over the crash of the waves. "Vidlans be needin a drink though. Want to share a chum with ya chum Vidlans?"

"I have to go," Chern snapped back, "the south Chernway also needs gloral, I must bring it to them."

"What? You're walkin all the way there? Down the Chernway?"

"If necessary, yes. That is why it's there."

"But it's so booooring!"

"I was not put on this oerth to have fun."

"Sure ye were! I saw you inna water before, ye was taking a jolly stroll though the kelp!"

"You do not have to accompany me."

"Wait wait wait, just 'ear me out. I've an idea I think you'll like."

Chern looked back at him, one doubtful eyebrow raised. He stared as Vidlans paused for suspense.

"We'll sail!" he finally blurted out. "Take that Sinalese beauty I pointed out before! Not only'll it be more fun, but ye'll be able to seed yer gloral all along the north coast and Crimson Ocean. C'mon, I can get as passage sure as a monkey'll scratch its arse inna mornin. Whaddaya say?"
    Last edited by Garjel_blah; 2020-04-08 at 01:50 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

deep below in the chole

The pair were led deep into the catacombs of the city. The city was lively with many passersby, the glowing fungus grew all throughout the tunnels. They stopped by a massive dirt house next to a massive glowloam tree. A figure stepped out of the house. It was a fellow Choblin without any teeth. He looked towards Cheek and smiled.

“I’m so glad you’re back, how was your time at university?” Teeth, smiling at his son.

Cheek looked disinterested, he walked past the old man into the mud house. “Not good.” He simply mumbled.

Stopit looked at Teeth, “Your son is super great by the way.” Stopit said as he walked into the mud houses well.
    _______

The treasure pile of the Clobes

Two Choblin guards sat at the entrance of the door. One of Choblins turned to his compatriots. “Do you ever wonder why we're here?”

The other Choblin turned towards his other friend. “It's one of life's great mysteries isn't it? Why are we here? I mean, are we the product of some cosmic coincidence, or is there really a God watching everything? You know, with a plan for us and stuff. I don't know, man, but it keeps me up at…AHH” suddenly an arrow shot through the Gaurd skull. The other guard turned his head before a blade slashed his throat.

______

At the Clenched’s house.

Teeth sat down, contemplating the news that he was told by his son. “This is not good… And you’re saying that they are probably coming here next. Why were we not informed of this?”

Stopit meanwhile was busy eating a glowloam pie, “I thought the University gave you a message?” Stopit it asked as he briefly stopped eating his pie.

“Remember that assassination attempt at that food stands or how they knew the bones were there?” Cheek interrupted. “They must have agents all over Tria or even the world.”

Teeth nodded. “We will look into this and will bolster security at the treasure pile, there’s no need to worry.” Teeth then walked up to his son. ”I hope the journey wasn’t dangerous for you.”

Cheek got up from his seat. “I’m going to go outside for a bit.” He walked towards the door. “I’ll be at the tree if you need me.” he then closed the door behind him.

Stopit got done eating his pie. “Um so your son doesn’t seem happy to see you?”

Teeth turn to him. “I know…”

“What’s the deal with that?”

Teeth sighed. “...it was a tough choice, back when we were still in conflict with Boa pygmies we were hit by a raiding party. I was called out to drive them out… Unfortunately a few of them snuck into my house during the scuffle...an and...and they killed my wife, Gum. I made it in time to save Cheek but he had to watch his mother die.” He shakes his head. “... He blamed me for her death and shortly after went to the University.”

“Must’ve been hard and both of you…” Stopit interjected.

“MY LORD!” a Gaurd yelled as he ran into the house. “We have an emergency!”

Teeth turned towards him. “What’s the emergency?” Suddenly a massive explosion could be heard from a distance. “We are under attack and…”

“It sounds like it’s coming from the direction of the tree!” Stopit yelled as he ran towards the door and pushed the Guard out of the way. Teeth grabbed his spear in turn and followed.

______

Cheek was sent flying across the city. “I finally found you, you annoying past!” Aerathor yelled in anger as he lifted up his hand conjuring up another fireball. Civilians around the area were fleeing in all directions. He threw it straight at Cheek. Cheek jumped out of the way before the fiery explosion hit him, sending him flying from the shockwave. “You know for an annoying inferior vermin you sure do know how to a nuisance.” He then readied another fireball. “Before I met you I was sitting on top of the world, killing political rivals, making sure most of your kind with stayed at the bottom of the Empire where they belong, helping to propagate wars, it was a good time. But then you had to not die when you were supposed to and now I gotta clean up the stupid dirty orc mess for them.”

Cheek slowly got up. “Big talk from a bitch,” he yelled out.

“YOU DARE!” Aerathor yelled as he threw another fireball.

Cheek once against Dodge at this time landing on his feet. “I’m calling you a bitch because of exactly what you are.” Cheek then pulled out 2 daggers. “I’m not as stupid as you think, I know damn well you wouldn’t risk coming here unless you were forced to, in fact, he pretty much told me you were. You ran all the way here not as an act of personal revenge but because that one-handed jerk grabs you by the balls and forced you to be here.” Aerathor stared at Cheek. “... I’m right, aren’t I? You talk a big game but at the end of the day you’re just a pawn to another jackass and without him your just an angry idiot who can throw fire”

“SHUT UP!” Aerathor yelled, he continued throwing fireballs at Cheek. “...I only need that rat for a bit, once he serves his purpose I’ll burn him to a crisp…” One of the fireballs then got too close to comfort and sent Cheek flying into a wall smashing into it. He fell down to the floor confused and dazed. “... Just like you!” he then readied his hand. Even throw the fireball straight at Cheek.

Stopit and teeth arrived, looking at the situation. “CHEEEEEEK!” both of them yelled.

(BOOOOOM!)

A massive fire eruption at Cheek. Aerathor turn to face teeth and Stopit. “One down one to go…”

Just then a fist of justice slammed right into Aerathor face. Sending him flying. Standing there was Cheek with Déjà Vu above him. “So I am late again, at least nothing serious happened this time.” Déjà Vu proclaimed. “Now they must turn this person into boneless chicken.”

Aerathor got up from the floor. A 2 teeth knocked out and still unable to see straight. “You think having a horny idiot can do anything to me… I am Aerathor the greatest….”

Just then another best hit him straight in the jaw followed by a roll of pain. “ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORAORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.” Aerathor was sent flying into the air. He then slammed straight into the ground.

Déjà vu looked at the completely pulverized Aerathor and smiled. “Boneless chicken ready for deep-fried.”

Aerathor status:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WnerXx1pk4

sometime later

Déjà vu, Cheek and Stopit all sat by the tree. “Thank you, that’s twice I owe you my life.” Cheek said as he licked his wounds.

“Yeah he was almost fried raptor.” Stopit interjected as he ate some of the glowloam

Déjà vu simply smiled. “I’m just glad no one in his was hurt this time.”

“Sir it seems that there were no casualties, the crazy fox demon man was only focusing on your son.” One of the guards informed Teeth.

“That’s a relief,” Teeth stated as he surveyed the burned area. “And what to do with the Fox man?”

“The elders decided the best punishment is giving him back to the Fox demons. they hate fire magic and I doubt most of the other stuff he did would be okay with them, they will give him the worst punishment imaginable.”

“Very good, anything else!” teeth asked.

“Yeah about the thing that I was trying to tell you earlier.” The guard said nervously.

“Wait.” Teeth interrupted. “I thought it was about the fire mage?”

“No sir, we didn’t know that was happening until the explosion.” the guard continued. “Someone broke into the treasury and took Graws clause.”

Déjà vu, Stopit, Cheek and teeth gasped in horror. “Scour the city, find out who’s responsible and get those claws back, NOW!”
    _____

Chernway

Two Choblins walked through the Chernway, trying their best to keep a low profile. On the backs were the 2 fingers, wrapped up in silk.

“This will be the best payday brother.” One of them said.

“Yes sis, this Julia man will give us the finest price for these 2 pointy rocks.” The other one said as they continued moving through on the way to the Boa jungle.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Somewhere

A tribe was dying.

Desha heard a weapon break against her shield and spun around, running the attacker through with her spear before he could back away. Two others immediately took his place. Her spear twisted to knock one thrusted blade out of the way and her shield flew into the path of another. Desha stepped backwards, lowering her spear again and...

Before she could feel the hit, she saw the enemy spear sticking out through her chest, ruby red with blood. She tried turning around but her body didn't obey and scarier still her spear fell useless to the ground when she tried to raise it. Next to it was her shield, no longer guided through the air by her mind.

"I..." she started before falling face first to the ground, feeling her enemy tear their spear free from her body.

Somehow she got up on her knees, no longer feeling the pain or the blood leaving her body. "I won't die that easily! I am Desha of the Masatil, traveler on the Path of Power and I..."

"They can't hear you, you know", someone interrupted. Desha turned around and saw a woman standing right behind her, seemingly ignorant of the chaotic battle still going on. "Look at yourself."

Desha jumped to her feet and thrust her spear at the woman — who knocked it aside with inhuman speed and little care. "Look at yourself", she repeated.

A kick to the woman's head somehow ended with Desha on her ass, ashamed in a way she hadn't been since training as a warrior years earlier. A punch to the woman's face was just ignored. Trying to tackle her to the ground was like running into a stone wall.

"Look at yourself, Desha of the Masatil", the woman said again as Desha was panting on the ground. "You stubborn girl. Count yourself lucky that it's part of what he is looking for."

Too tired to do much else, Desha looked down at herself. Everything looked as it should. In fact... it looked better than it should, there was no trace of the spear that had run her through.

"What...? What is...?" Desha fell quiet, the obvious dawning on her. "I died. I'm dead."

"Yes." The woman took Desha's hand and pulled her to her feet. "I am Thal-Verys, Demigoddess of Souls and Shepherd of the Passing."

She paused but Desha had nothing to say, her eyes wandering between her own chest and Thal-Verys' face.

"I was sent to find you, someone like you, by Ymon-Thal, the First Beginning and Final End, God of Life and Death."

Desha still didn't say anything but Thal-Verys could see her eyes widen and her tanned skin turning a little pale.

At some point during the one-sided fight and almost as one-sided conversation the dusty battle field around them had disappeared, replaced by a meadow at the edge of a forrest and Desha found her words at last. "Where are we?"

"This is the Passing, the land between death and life. All souls come here when the die, I just... sped things up a little, so you wouldn't have to find a portal."

"Hello!" The cheerful voice scared Desha more than any battle cry ever had, and she reached for the spear she no longer carried.

Suddenly two identical, very different seeming men stood in front of her. Desha had never been much of a believer in the gods but it didn't take much to figure out who they were. In the corner of her eye she saw Thal-Verys bow and did the same.

"So this is her?"

"Ooh, she looks so... interesting!"

"Yes. She is all the things you asked for, but I am unsure if she is a... wise choice. It don't think she's very clever."

"There must be balance, Thal-Verys. Always balance", Thal said and walked up to the women. "Just as you represent the calm, spiritual side of Death, we need someone to represent the violent, emotional side of Life."

"What do you mean?"

Ymon pointed at Thal. "He got one, so now I get one! It's great!"

Thal sighed. "Never mind him. Long ago, Thal-Verys was a mortal, like you. We choose her so that she could help us watch over the dead and the not yet born. Now we choose you — to watch over the living."

"I..." Desha considered her options — fade away into the Passing, eventually being born anew with no memory of anything she had been or to accept and charge into the unknown. She had never retreated in life — why start in death? "I accept."

Thal almost smiled. "Excellent." He took her hand and Ymon stepped forward and took the other as Ymon-Thal gathered his power and let it flow into Desha.

"Desha of the Masatil be gone. Be reborn as Ymon-Desha, Spear and Shield of the Living, chosen by Ymon-Thal."

Show

Create Ymon-Desha, Demigoddess of Bodies* (+ 2) (Create a +2 domain/-2 weakness demigod, 18 AP/14 DC)
    (* I don't like the word "bodies" but I can't think of anything else that means the same. I'm very open to suggestions)

Ymon-Thal and Thal-Verys attempt to remake Desha into the demigoddess Ymon-Desha, a counterweight to balance (+ 1 Balance) Thal-Verys. She is to serve both as a guardian of the living (+ 2 Life), able to keep mortals alive through will alone (similar to using necromancy to keep someone from dying for a limited time) and a bringer of death (+ 2 Death) when there is need. Thal-Verys ties Ymon-Desha's soul (+ 2 Souls) to her own, sharing all knowledge — but not thoughts — between them.

In case anyone's curious, Desha has reached Second Threshold on the Path of Power, specialising in the use of spear and shield.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2020-04-08 at 12:11 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    Somewhere

A tribe was dying.

Desha heard a weapon break against her shield and spun around, running the attacker through with her spear before he could back away. Two others immediately took his place. Her spear twisted to knock one thrusted blade out of the way and her shield flew into the path of another. Desha stepped backwards, lowering her spear again and...

Before she could feel the hit, she saw the enemy spear sticking out through her chest, ruby red with blood. She tried turning around but her body didn't obey and scarier still her spear fell useless to the ground when she tried to raise it. Next to it was her shield, no longer guided through the air by her mind.

"I..." she started before falling face first to the ground, feeling her enemy tear their spear free from her body.

Somehow she got up on her knees, no longer feeling the pain or the blood leaving her body. "I won't die that easily! I am Desha of the Masatil, traveler on the Path of Power and I..."

"They can't hear you, you know", someone interrupted. Desha turned around and saw a woman standing right behind her, seemingly ignorant of the chaotic battle still going on. "Look at yourself."

Desha jumped to her feet and thrust her spear at the woman — who knocked it aside with inhuman speed and little care. "Look at yourself", she repeated.

A kick to the woman's head somehow ended with Desha on her ass, ashamed in a way she hadn't been since training as a warrior years earlier. A punch to the woman's face was just ignored. Trying to tackle her to the ground was like running into a stone wall.

"Look at yourself, Desha of the Masatil", the woman said again as Desha was panting on the ground. "You stubborn girl. Count yourself lucky that it's part of what he is looking for."

Too tired to do much else, Desha looked down at herself. Everything looked as it should. In fact... it looked better than it should, there was no trace of the spear that had run her through.

"What...? What is...?" Desha fell quiet, the obvious dawning on her. "I died. I'm dead."

"Yes." The woman took Desha's hand and pulled her to her feet. "I am Thal-Verys, Demigoddess of Souls and Shepherd of the Passing."

She paused but Desha had nothing to say, her eyes wandering between her own chest and Thal-Verys' face.

"I was sent to find you, someone like you, by Ymon-Thal, the First Beginning and Final End, God of Life and Death."

Desha still didn't say anything but Thal-Verys could see her eyes widen and her tanned skin turning a little pale.

At some point during the one-sided fight and almost as one-sided conversation the dusty battle field around them had disappeared, replaced by a meadow at the edge of a forrest and Desha found her words at last. "Where are we?"

"This is the Passing, the land between death and life. All souls come here when the die, I just... sped things up a little, so you wouldn't have to find a portal."

"Hello!" The cheerful voice scared Desha more than any battle cry ever had, and she reached for the spear she no longer carried.

Suddenly two identical, very different seeming men stood in front of her. Desha had never been much of a believer in the gods but it didn't take much to figure out who they were. In the corner of her eye she saw Thal-Verys bow and did the same.

"So this is her?"

"Ooh, she looks so... interesting!"

"Yes. She is all the things you asked for, but I am unsure if she is a... wise choice. It don't think she's very clever."

"There must be balance, Thal-Verys. Always balance", Thal said and walked up to the women. "Just as you represent the calm, spiritual side of Death, we need someone to represent the violent, emotional side of Life."

"What do you mean?"

Ymon pointed at Thal. "He got one, so now I get one! It's great!"

Thal sighed. "Never mind him. Long ago, Thal-Verys was a mortal, like you. We choose her so that she could help us watch over the dead and the not yet born. Now we choose you — to watch over the living."

"I..." Desha considered her options — fade away into the Passing, eventually being born anew with no memory of anything she had been or to accept and charge into the unknown. She had never retreated in life — why start in death? "I accept."

Thal almost smiled. "Excellent." He took her hand and Ymon stepped forward and took the other as Ymon-Thal gathered his power and let it flow into Desha.

"Desha of the Masatil be gone. Be reborn as Ymon-Desha, Spear and Shield of the Living, chosen by Ymon-Thal."

Show

Create Ymon-Desha, Demigoddess of Bodies* (+ 2) (Create a +2 domain/-2 weakness demigod, 18 AP/14 DC)
    (* I don't like the word "bodies" but I can't think of anything else that means the same. I'm very open to suggestions)

Ymon-Thal and Thal-Verys attempt to remake Desha into the demigoddess Ymon-Desha, a counterweight to balance (+ 1 Balance) Thal-Verys. She is to serve both as a guardian of the living (+ 2 Life), able to keep mortals alive through will alone (similar to using necromancy to keep someone from dying for a limited time) and a bringer of death (+ 2 Death) when there is need. Thal-Verys ties Ymon-Desha's soul (+ 2 Souls) to her own, sharing all knowledge — but not thoughts — between them.

In case anyone's curious, Desha has reached Second Threshold on the Path of Power, specialising in the use of spear and shield.
    Su'ule
    "Ah, Ymon-Desha, greetings. I am Su'ule, Mother Goddess of the Monster, and The Goddess of Sorcery."
    "I am happy that you have been chosen to be Ymon's Chosen."
    "I have come to celebrate this with you."
    "I have brought gifts for you."
    "You will be the envy of Necromancers everywhere."
    "I will grant you the power of great Sorcerers"

Help:
    Spoiler
    Show

+2 Sorcery : Ymon-Desha's mastery over Sorcery is unusual. She can't exactly cast spells but she understands the language of spell casting and can resist spells cast on her by Su Sorcery. This makes it to where she knows what a sorcerer is doing when they cast spells. So she could, in theory, have an easier time dodging spells, etcetera.
    +2 Monsters : Ymon-Desha possesses the power to "rebuke" monsters of a wicked bent, meaning she can command them to go away.
    +1 Birth : Su'ule blesses Ymon-Desha's family line to have no pain or trouble in child birth.
    +1 Metamorphosis : Ymon-Desha is also blessed with the power to shape shift, like changelings do.
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2020-04-08 at 01:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Julian looks to the shore. “Come my loyal pet.” just then Leviathan emerged from the waves.

“What is it you ask me?”

Julian waved his pickax around. “I ask you to go to the boa Shore sure and pick up my relics.” Leviathan then returned to the depths of the sea. “Now is the time for some insurance. Even look to the sky. Great Timorin, I asked you to help me with my gift, my gift of immortality.

Show

Immortalize Julian 66 to 54 AP
    +2 Knowledge: his genius will be amplified by this immortal act
    +2 mining: in addition to his vampire powers he can also suck the energy out of magical things as well like magical crystals from the Earth to appeases hunger
    +2 architecture: He will be able to bend structures to his will. With his magic he could easily fix them or destroy them in a matter of seconds.
    -2 unknown: immortality is a strange feeling, it will take time for Julian to fully understand his abilities.

Show

The Hope Of Timoirn:
    +2 knowledge: She will become an excellent scholar and philosopher with her being a teacher to many.
    +2 mining: she will be able to create tunnels that will allow her to travel anywhere she wants.
    -2 unknown: she will try to peer into the unknown to satisfy her knowledge even if it’s her best interest not to.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2020-04-09 at 01:15 AM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Mi estas Rosalin." She hesitated before continuing. "Mi estas kapo de Al-Estria."

The teacher cringed slightly as they heard the word kapo. "... Technically correct." They said through the sing-song accent that characterized The Popolo tribes. The two women spoke in the Steppe Tongue. "Kapo has certain... Negative connotations though. Try to use ĉefulo next time. You also forgot La in your sentence, and your pronunciation could use some work. Remember, the vowels are pronounced differently."

"Uh, sorry," Rosalin said looking down. "Most of The Empire's languages wouldn't have put The in that sentence."

"It'd be easier if you thought of your sentences more like that of the Steppe Tongue. Our languages come from the same family of languages, and you speak it quite well."

"Years preparing for the Miracles Games will do that to you. Though, I'm sure you can tell that I lack some of the... words... Many, book... ****!" She shouted the last word in Sinalese.

"Vortprovizo?"

"Yes, Vocabulary."

"For a woman of many languages, you have not progressed very far in the Popolo tongue."

"Ugh! I've been swamped with work since I've got here! Assembling guards, tending to crops, diplomatic meetings, building, ugh so much building, not to mention all the paperwork at the docks. By the time that I have to take another lesson, I already forgot everything that I learned." She rolled up her sleeve and flexed. "I mean look at this!" She pointed to a slight dip in her muscular arm. "See that, that's flab! I ain't had fat on me like that since I was twenty-two, and I spent a month with Yith chocolate makers!"

"Yith? Chocolate?"

"The Yith are a people in Tria. And Chocolate is... It's hard to explain if you haven't had it. But it's a dessert. A sweet if made properly."

The teacher nodded. "Our previous chief loved such meals, he had become..." She extended her arms out from side to side, eliciting a laugh from Rosalin. The teacher picked up a cane ending in a gold inlaid top. "Sounds to me like you're overstressed. Come on, let's go for a walk. Sitting in here and repeating phrases isn't going to do you any good."

The pair went out into the village that made up Al-Estria. Bustling with activity as the Popolo and the colonizers worked together. The teacher took in a deep whiff of the verdant green sea land. "Aaah! The fresh air of the Ivory coast does a woman good, don't you think?"

Rosalin's nose scrunched as she got outside. "I've told you that your trees smell like piss right?"

"Many times!" the teacher laughed.

"Ugh. Not a fan of the sea anyhow! Smells too much like dead fish." She said over the sounds of a house being put up. She stopped at it as she did so. "You see how the roof has a steep slope on the bottom and a gradual slope on the top?"

"Yes."

"Why do the Popolo make their buildings that way? It looks like ****."

"It's called a mansard, It's so that you can have extra room in your attic." The teacher pointed with her cane to the side of the building. "Why do you put smaller windows on the side of the house? It looks like donkey droppings."

"Strong wind comes that way. Sinalese like a breeze in their house, but if they were any larger than they'd be almost guaranteed to break."

With that, The Teacher started walking again. The two passed by, a group of Popolo mages working magic on a well. The mages all waved together from side to side rhythmically as they drew water from below the Earth. As the two made their way across the streets, a spout of water pushed up past the brim, splashing the mages and several large Atlan and Sinalese men holding shovels in their hands. The soggy people let out a yelp followed by a cry of jubilation, the Popolo being confused as the Inadrites extended their hands for a high five.
    "Your water mages are remarkably good. We tend to view aquamancy as a matter of healing more than the moving of water in the Empire... And we're just worse at magic." Rosalin almost coughed the last part.

"I've noticed." The Teacher said nonchalantly. "That is fine though. There's more than one way to skin a cat as the saying goes. Though a lot of your citizens have made great headway. You view magic too much as a tool, magic commands you as much as you command magic. Once you break out of this headspace, I'm sure the citizens will be on roughly equal levels at the end of the decade."

"Hmph, I doubt that, but one can only hope. Seeing things less as a tool could do the world a whole lotta good." She passed by a smithery, a Popolo walking with spring in his step, proudly carrying a newly polished iron blade by his side. "Egh! Your swords are too curved!"

"Don't like the smiths following their orders?"

"It's so much more work to make them that way! A straight blade serves better in groups and is better with a shield in hand. The only sword that should be curved is a calvary saber!"

"Hmm," The teacher simply smirked. "You didn't fight on the plains than did you!"

"Forests, and valleys. Mostly."

"Curved swords are better for open battlefields. Though I must admit, your citizens' mastery of iron is something to behold."

"Hmm. I don't think it's anything compared to your people's bowmaking. Leagues beyond that of The Empire."

"Only due to the strong iron, we can add."

"Hmm, Iron isn't as impressive as you think. I've heard people are making some sort of new substance out of iron called Steel. Real miraculous stuff. I've heard that it never rusts and that it-" As Rosalin continued, shouting could be heard as they crossed the corner. Two Sinalese and a Popolo were having a heated argument outside of a restaurant.

"Don't ****ing say dat ****! Alatadriel is da Highest Holy! Da one above all!" One of the Sinalese slurred.
    "I'm not saying that she isn't powerful, but there are many gods. We should at the very least acknowledge Dulnori and send some prayers his way. Praying to the god of fortune for fortune makes sense, no?"
    "Dul-Who?" The other Sinalese said, genuinely confused in his inebriated state. "Sounds like some fake ass god to me! Like did you know Thorgans used to worship a ****ing tree! You say that I should worship a tree!" The Sinalese man pushed the Popolo man.
    "Dulnori is not some fanciful god! The Steppe has great monuments that were built directly by him!" The Popolo pushed the man back

As the noise filtered into the restaurant, one of the servers, a large orcish woman made her way through the doors. "We're gonna have to ask you to leave." She said simply.
    "Eh! Why should I take Orcers from an Ord! I heard you people worship wolves or some **** on top of Alatadriel. Dat's here-" The Orc woman tightened her fist as Rosalin approached the two.

"Heresy, you say! Why you must be a renowned priest to be declaring things like that!" Rosalin said, putting an arm around the Sinalese man, flashing him a killer grin.

The other Sinalese man looked at Rosalin unfazed. "Ya don't need to be a priest to know dat ****! Worshipping other gods and **** be wrong."

"Ha! You know Orcs say the same thing about Ka, El, and Al!" She said. Gripping a bit too tightly on the man before letting go. 'Accidentally' shoving him to the ground. "There's an Atlan saying as well. 'you'd have to be an idiot to not share a pint with the Sea Mistress when you're at sea'. It is not a matter of lack of faith. It is a matter of practicality. Pay respects to the other gods, boys."

The Sinalese man, perhaps a bit too drunk to know better looked at his friend on the ground and tried to shove Rosalin. "Don't be messin' with me mate just cause he know better dan yu!"

Rosalin easily dodged out of the way, the other man landing on top of his other friend. "It's this type of thinking that the enemy wants! You should know better than this."
    "Ralph, dat's da Khatun, you idiot!"
    "Oh... Khatun! Go on easy on us, please!" The other man said rolling over his friend as he got on his knees.

"Do I need to remind you lads of the looming threat! Just look up!" She said pointing to the sun. "Do you know why we fight the sun god? That mightiest of Empires of Axia? It is not for power, or for glory. It is for survival! The Confederacy seeks to destroy our way of life! To purify us, like some twisted perversion of my mother's flame. And if we let that golden light touch us, it will burn us from the inside out. To look to each other and say 'who is the purest here'? Who among us is without sin? Who among us stands above the rest as a beacon? Who among us is better than me! Who is worse! These are the thoughts of the enemy! And I say no to this! The great civilizations of Oerth have not been made by the pure, but by the impure! By those who made mistakes. By men, women, children, and by all the creatures of Oerth, who bled, and sweat, and toiled with each other. Even the gods as high as they may be, toil, and fight, and make mistakes. By these flawed individuals, we have been made, and like them we are flawed. And we need not look towards each other and hold ourselves to standards impossible. We must look to each other and see our diversity, to see how alike and how different we are! And to say we may be different, but none of us are below the other!"
    A small round of applause went up, lead by the teacher, but still, the street seemed more annoyed than enthused at this speech. She stooped down to the level of the crouched men. "We respect everyone who doesn't worship Yir here. And I will not tolerate any intolerance towards your fellow man because of their religious beliefs. Get up, get sober. You'll probably realize how dumb you were when you're sober. If you need help to stop drinking, come see me in the morning. I know some people that will be able to help." The two got up, not saying a word, simply stumbling away from Rosalin.

"The speech was good." The teacher said. "I don't think it was necessary to use on just some drunk vagrants though."

"Hmph. Individuals listen better than groups. I try to keep my serious speeches short anyway."

"That was not a very long speech."

"Well, I like to keep 'em even shorter."
    A man in iron armor came sprinting down the street. Wildly ringing a bell. "VALRION HAS BEEN SIGHTED!" He shouted down the street. Men and women quickly exiting into the streets, some armoured men trying to maintain the crowd as they directed them to the shelters. Others rushing off to the city walls.

Rosalin caught the man as he sprinted. "Numbers, private!"
    The man caught his breath as he snapped a salute. "We only saw the Dread Imperator, mam!"
    "Continue your rounds, soldier! You're doing the gods' work!" The man took off down the street.

Rosalin grabbed another soldier who was running off towards the city walls. "Get my bird, ready! I'll meet you at the wall!" She turned towards the teacher. "Get to the civilian shelter, and you will be safe mam! Thank you for accompanying me!"
    The teacher bowed. "The pleasure is all mine. Give them the Flame of The Empire!" She saluted the Khatun as she ran off with the others.

Rosalin approached the wall, the many men and women positioned awkwardly on the scaffolding. Her armour stood out among the crowd, her polished iron being colored a dark red. Her head completely covered by her helmet, The iron mask over her face made to resemble an evil spirit in Sinalese folklore. "Stay steady, comrades!" She shouted to the soldiers on the scaffolding as she made her way up, a massive war bow strapped to her back. "The Balistaes have they come in yet!"

"The ship was delayed, mam! Believed to be sunk!"

"Blasted! Work of the Confederacy, no doubt! Ready your bows, comrades! We'll need to do this the old-fashioned way."

"Mam is the Dread Imperator not immortal? What is the point of wasting our resources!"

"Well, it will still hurt the bastard, general! Plus, that's a good thing, we don't want to start a war this early! But we will not let The Confederacy waltz in without a fight! This is a show of force to the purity worshiping bastards! That we will not stand for their false peace! We stand unbowed before their armor! That we defy their swords and shields! Though they offer us concessions, Change will not come from above!" She shouted pointing to the sun. "The tyrants will fear our might! For We live together or die alone! In other words, **** VALRION! **** THE CONFEDERACY!"
    "**** THE CONFEDERACY!" The soldiers cried out in a battle roar. Hooping, and hollering as Valrion edged closer.
    "Well don't stand around dilly-dallying, comrades! Ready!" She shouted bringing out her own arrows. "AIM!" The tightening of bowstrings filled the air with a familiar twang. "RELEASE!" The volley of arrows was released, raining down on the plain, most of them missing their mark, but plenty of others smacking into the flesh of Valrion. With the force of an Imperial Bastillae though, the arrow of a warrior mage struck through into the arm of Valrion.

"Come on! My mother can shoot an arrow better, and she's dead!"
    "Alatadriel isn't dead!"
    "My other mother, you idiot! ANOTHER VOLLEY!" more Arrows rained the battlefield, the arrows drawing in closer and closer. "ANOTHER!" The warrior mage's arrows struck into his chest. "ONE MORE!" Rosalin dropped down for this volley as she shouted to open the gates. Shouting to members of her personal platoon to come with her as she leaped onto her battle bird. "I will meet the dread demon, personally on this dread battlefield!" She kicked her bird and dashed bravely off into the battlefield.

Rosalin cautiously stalked around Valrion, careful to be outside of his range as she shouted her demands to the Dread Imperator. "We have no interest in your false peace, Sun Worshipper! If you are true to your word, then you will respect this! If you wish to come to talk diplomatically outside of this then you will come at the first new moon from here. It is through these terms and ONLY through these terms that the people of Al-Estria will be willing to talk to you!"

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Chern, 64 AP, the East Sundered Sea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stSV-wE2LQA

Chern leaned over the side of the swaying boat, the Godhood as it was christened, retching quietly. With one hand he held his mask free of his mouth, while with the other he tried his best to block both ears at once. Vidlans was leading the crew in shanties again.

With a stomp and a clap, the flaming pirate began to dance across the deck, performing acrobatics and impassioned choreography to the onlooker's genuine glee. It was quite a treat in Al-Sinai to see a fifth threshold flame dancer in action. Chern spared him a glance over the shoulder, then slumped once more against the wooden railing. The water slap against the hull, transfixing him with its perpetual motion. Then it came, once again. The nausea.

"Oh... Rot... ACK!"

Chern lifted his mask, and out of his mouth came a whole, perfectly ripe lemon. It fell with a plop into the water, bobbing along the surface like a nugget of gold in a stream. The god of decay watched the floating fruit as it fell behind the Godhood, feeling nostalgic.

"C'mon, Chern!" called out Vidlans. "Come dance! No way to beat a little sea sickness than to dance with the ship, let 'er sweep ye of yer feet!"

Chern turned around, taking a few staggering criss-crossed steps along the wooden boards until he collapsed on all fours. A final eye-bulging groan escaped his mouth, quickly followed by a torrent of disgorged lemons. Bright yellow citrus was sent tumbling in all direction across the deck, bouncing and rolling all the way to the opposite railing under the force of his ejection.

The music screeched to a halt, as the crew of burly Sinalese sailors gaped at the bizarre sight. Then they cheered.

"Lemons on deck!" cried one of them, a gnarled old man with an eye-patch. "Tis a good omen!"

"Arrrrr!" cried another, picking up a lemon and biting into it, skin and all. "The fortune o' the Golden Fleet guides us lads!"

The crew set upon the lemons, peeling them, squeezing them, juggling them for the sheer fun of it. Chern barely noticed. He lay curled in the fetal position upon the deck, each long, deep breath coming out with a gut-wrenching shudder. After a few moments of this he felt a sudden warmth. Arms, wrapping around him, lifting him. Warm arms.

"I must say Chern," said Vidlans as he carried the ill god below deck, "yer a queer one. But I think the crew like ye."

---

Sanctuary

"Land ho! Er... Sort of."

Some of the Godhood's crew were cleared to enter Sanctuary's gates. Not particularly common among those of the Indariel Empire, which gave them an edge when it came to trade. When they spied the floating island on the horizon, dead in the midst of the strait separating Tria from the Stricken Lands, they couldn't pass up the chance to pull in to port.

This suited Chern just fine. He'd felt the power emanating from Petr's domain. Not to mention, he was literally sick to death of life at sea.

Nerassus is standing on the shore of Sanctuary, gazing out to sea as the boat slips past the misty cloak around the island. Just a typical supply run. Already some of the local dockhands are rushing off to prepare barrels of fruit, rice, sea crackers and... they don't appear to be part of the golden fleet, but there's probably gonna be some lemons too. Nerassus his about to dip his head back into his paper when one of the visitors catches his attention. Frowning, the demigod makes his way to the edge of the pier to peer at the people in the boat.

"Chern?!"

Chern pottered queasily down the gangplank, barely discernible from among the rest of the teeming sailors and dock hands. He looked around at the mention of his name.

"Oh, hello," he said to Nerassus, belching loudly. "Pardon me."

"It is you! I've been expecting you. Although not like this." He scrunches his nose slightly at the belch. "I certainly hoped to get a missive ready before you arrived, but." He shakes his head. "Well, it doesn't matter. You're always welcome here. What brings you to us?"

"That's most kind. It's good to meet you, finally. I hear much about your exploits, they are... Good." Chern nods, as if satisfied that this is just the right word to describe the demigod's feats. "Though I did not expect to find you here. I thought I'd find you down at the Justice University."

"I've been mostly flying between the University and the Island ever since the Pearlescent Moon. Lots of day to day matters that need doing there. And. Well." He exhales deeply. "Mother's recent... exploits as well. She has woven her essence into a massive pearl in the Moon Pool. And I have the important task of figuring out how to properly explain it's powers to everyone."

"Yes..." Chern's gazed turned upward, to the distant peak of the island, where the Moonpool rests. "I felt this creation. It is a thing of grim beauty, the Pearlescent Moon. The kind of thing most mortals would rather not understand. Unfortunately, ignorance cannot be risked."

Chern looked back towards Nerassus. "Let's take a walk. I want to see this Moon for myself, but I worry that I won't know the way. Last time I was here I explored the island quite thoroughly, but that was a... Long time ago. Lead the way."

Nerassus nods and turns to gaze up at the caldera. The first few minutes where he walks is in silence. Eventually, as they begin to leave the city, he finally begins to speak. "Do you know? What happened while you were all asleep?"

"A god's sleep is a strange thing," Chern explained, "in some ways awareness is increased, as I fully become the world's decay. But the tight focus of an avatar is lost, so no. I remember nothing from my sleep." He paused. "I did see her when I woke up though."

"Did she honour you?" Nerassus's voice almost breaks as he speaks the word. "I hope she did. And... I'm glad I could be there for her during the last."

The Wiltwatcher's eyes linger on the demigod, before turning to the middle distance.

"I think so," he speculated. "She certainly honoured her own sense of style. Misty did always say she liked ruins."

It was difficult to tell, with his relentlessly oppressive demeanour and expressionless mask, but it almost sounded like this could be Chern's version of a joke. Nerassus stares silently ahead for a moment, before breaking out into a soft chuckle.

"She was quite the inspiration to me. Regardless of what she was or who she spoke with, she was always herself first and foremost. You should have seen her during the attack on Sanctuary. Even without any magic to call on, she figured out a flaw in the perfection curse and exploited that to get me here. And thanks to your gift to her. The divivice, she was able to save over a thousand souls. I counted."

Chern listened, nodding slowly.

"I may be a god with strong associations to death," he said, "but more so than her resting place, it is hearing of these things, her living deeds, that truly honour me. If anything, meeting you now, Nerassus, is her greatest honour to me of all. Petr may be your mother, but it was Misty who raised you right." Chern paused, suddenly self-conscious. "For what small, if any, hand I had in inspiring these feats in her, I am honoured. Yes."

"Yeah. I mean. Don't misunderstand me. I love Momma, and I have never felt... neglected. But Misty was the one who more than anyone treated me not like some divine avatar, but as a person. A mortal. She made me feel welcome. Which, I think, is why mother wanted me to grow up among mortals. So that I could love them the way they love me." He shakes his head. "Well. This got sappy fast... anyway, we're here." Nerassus waits for Chern to crest the final few steps, where the path up gives way to a gentle slope down into the caldera. Along one side of the lake are terrors enacting one of their daily bathing rituals. On the other side, a group of children are practicing spells that will permit them to breathe under water. And in between them, resting on a spiral of water, is the Pearl. Dull in the sunlight, with a faintly pulsating surface. Occasionally, even in sunlight, a tiny pearl parts from the massive pearl, rolling down to disappear into the MoonPool. "Mother's plan to, somehow, provide restitution to those killed by Varpier."

"Thank you, Nerassus."

Chern walked to the edge of the water, and looked upon the great pearl. A great evil had inspired the creation of this artefact. It sickened Chern more than any boat might to think how many other great evils happened outside the scope of the gods. Restitution was the best that they could do for these mortal souls now.

Show
    Help Petr create an artefact

+4 decay, allowing gloral to be used to stimulate pearl replication

+1 sanitation, to help Nerassus explain to the Sanctuary dwellers the various properties of the pearl, and how they might apply to the island's infrastructure