New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Pan-aeons: a God Game

”Greetings Su’ule, it has been a while... Leviathan telepathically whispered to a year. ”I have come to ask a favor…

"Leviathan , creature, what is it you have come to ask of me?"

Just then one of Leviathan tentacles emerged from the ground, it was holding an extremely damaged Death-O-Bot. ”I ask you to fix it.” he then put the damage machine at her feet. ”Then use it to forge an army against tyrant, turn his weapon against him.

"What is your part in this? I agree that it sounds like a good plan, but it has been revealed you aren't quite trust worthy?"

”Only because Julian helped my chain but with him gone I’m only here to help.” Leviathan responded. ”besides it is an extreme benefit for Tyrant to be gone, for all of us so I have no reason to have an ulterior motive. but... Leviathan stopped himself. ”all that I ask is after you build your own machines I get to keep this one.

"Oh, alright. I want the Tyrant gone as much as the next god."

" glad to see we can work together for the greater good. Leviathan mumbled as he handed the robot to Su.

Spoiler: Action
    Show

((12 Influence action, + 1 Strength, + 1 Birth (They can create more of them over time), + 1 Metamorphosis (They can disguise themselves with alchemy to look like mortals)

Su'ule thought of what she would do. . . this was not sorcery, nor was it unnatural monstrosity, at least not in the way she was familiar with. Su'ule breathed life into the automoton, and their metal would harden, they had an ability to disguise themselves , and they could even create more of them, eventually, over time.
    ((+ 1 Strength , + 1 Birth, + 1 Metamorphosis))
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2020-08-17 at 07:56 PM.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Tyrant's Hold - Helvang

As per my last report, we still maintain our foothold on the island of Helvang. The local creatures seemed cowed by our presence but I am unsure as to how long that will last. They do not approach, yet on the edges of the encampment we have discovered strange carvings in the shape of a squirrels. Our mage is unsure what purpose these carvings serve but they do not appear to be magical. Perhaps it is some savage heretical totem to ward us off, or crude gifts to appease us.

Captain Ebonblade looked up from his report to the small wooden squirrel sitting on his desk. The carving was almost lifelike as if it were looking up from the acorn it was holding to observe him.

Several officers have claimed carvings for themselves. And if taking them as angered the locals then it is either not apparent or they lack the backbone to act. Such as it may be, I would suggest more troops to be sent so that we might purge these heathens sooner rather than later, as I feel delaying any further invites the creatures to organize and dig in.

Captain Ebonblade, Helvang Pacification force.

The captain let the ink dry on the velum as he picked up other reports from his scouts in the area. Since they had arrived things had been quiet with the natives but now things had become still, as if something winding up to strike. The tribes were seen working together, on something, despite the animosity that had been present when Tyrant's forces had arrived. The tensions were still there, but it seemed like several individuals were spurring on these efforts, for what end they couldn't tell. Tongues and Flores were spending more time in the Traeklo forests, something that should have brought a swift reprisal by the territorial Terrors, yet had gone seemingly unnoticed. They were constructing something, yet what Ebonblade's scouts couldn't tell.

There was the soft sound as if velum had moved against velum, causing Ebonblade to look up from the reports. Nothing had moved, nobody was there. His gaze was drawn to the carving on his desk and he felt as if the squirrel's expression was more smug than usual. A knock on the door brought him to reality.

"Sir, the last ship is about to depart before the fog." One of his officers announced through the office door.

The fog had been a recent development, thick and rolling in from the sea. The islands were no stranger to fog banks, and while ominous it hid no more dangers than those they had already discovered on their way here. Even so, he had taken to restricting ships from coming in or out during the thickest time of the fog, and had yet to have any problems for it. Ebonblade scooped up his report and slid it into a scroll case, leaving his office walking with his subordinate in tow. "Here, see to it that the captain gets this and delivers it with haste," he said to his subordinate. He watched as the man hurried out the pier that they had constructed to the ship waiting, as faint wisp of were beginning to lick upon the water's surface. As he watched the ship take up anchor and sail away he was certain it was only a matter of time that his superiors would get their act together so that they could purge this land in he could return to civilization.

Across the field from Tyrant's Hold several hours later

Jorgan snorted as he watched the fog overtake Tyrant's Hold. The fog sat heavy on the water but waned as it poured inland. He could barely make out the sentries upon the hold's walls. He turned his gaze to the nearby Terror who was busy working with a Flore to anchor another crude manikin into the soft soil of the hill.

"Thiss iss so stupid." the Terror grumbled as he set an unlit torch in the ring on the manikins arm.

"Stupid as it seems, Xeema is with us." Jorgan said. "We play our part now, and the greater plan will succeed."

A sicurin scrambled up on the manikin, its tail flicking intently as Jorgan heard the message in his head about the tunnel crews. All was in order, they just needed the signal to drop the supports.

Tyrant's Hold - Battle of Helvang and Hajoe

Blackblade was busy looking over a map of the islands as the sound of the drums resounded through the camp, the earth shuddering as the sound of men scrambling to gather gear. He ran out of house and yelled up to the sentries on the wall, "What the hell is going on!"

"Natives sir! Two hundred on the ridge.!" the sentry cried out.

Blackblade mounted the wall and was greeted with a line of figures on arrayed on the hillside silhouetted in the fog by the torches they held. "About damn time." he said under his breath as he turned to the sentry, "can you hit them from here?"

The sentry shook his head, "no, they're beyond our range."

Blackblade had expected it as much, they were heathen wretches but not entirely stupid. "Muster the troops!" he yelled.

"Is that wise?" the sentry asked.

Blackblade bit back a retort and gestured to the forces arrayed, "That excuse of an army is probably the majority of their fighting force, inferior in arms and measure to our own. Three hundred of Tyrant's own verse that will be a slaughter one I will see done in Tyrant's name!"

The doors to Tyrant's Hold slowly opened, disgorging men resplendent in their gear, shields at the ready. They formed lines before the walls of the hold, several men deep. Ebonblade was certain that such a show of force would send the heathens running, but was pleased that none did, it had been a while since he had had a decent fight. They seemed hesitant to advanced, so he felt it was his duty to show how a proper army worked. With a bellow he ordered his men forwards as the door to the hold slowly closed behind him.

Meanwhile small boats materialized in the fog, unnoticed by seaside sentries as their attention had been turned landwards. Some boats slid up to the pier as shadowy figures silently disembarked, while others slipped into the water and began swimming to the shore. The sentries inattention proved to be their undoing, as they were claimed with red tooth and claw, crimson axe and blade.

The drums of the enemy were drowned out by the boots of Blackblade's men. The heathens did not budge from their position and he was more than happy to show the folly of facing him on the open field of combat. Raising his sword he let loose a battlecry to signal is men to charge, which they responded with gusto. The earth trembled with teh sounds of the men's boots as they surged forwards. The fires of excitement guttering into the ashes of terror as the earth responded, crashing, groaning, as its maw opened up before the soldiers. Blackblade watched as rank after rank of soldiers were swallowed whole, their yells turning into screams only shortly to be silenced in a wet crunch. Roughly three whole ranks disappeared before him, blinded by conquest and damned by their momentum, the remaining men stopped short as the edge, confused, terrified at the carnage that had just been wrought.

"Sir, orders?" one of his subordinates called out as arrows began falling among their ranks.

Ebonblade looked up from the mass grave his men had just marched into, making out the forms on the ridge. Some Flores were firing arrows at his men, but others were motionless as if unmoved by the sudden shift in fortunes. His eyes narrowed as he realized they were naught but cloth and sticks. "Fall back!" he yelled, as he fought back the panic welling in his gut. "Fall back to the keep! Its a trap!"

Morale suddenly lost, the men beat a retreat for the safety of their hold. Ebonblade was at the head of the disorganized rabble, his mind racing faster as he tried to figure out where the other boot was going to drop; where was the rest of them? As if to answer his question a horn sounded in the hold, but was cut short, men milled on the wall... no... a body toppled over the edge. As his men neared the gate, a chill gripped him when it did not open.

"Tyrant men, give up!" Kri-kla yelled from the wall. "We have your village, and you are surrounded." her face broke into a toothy grin as Baren and several Flores trained arrows down on them, "or not, and you join you friendss in the hole."

Headquarters of Tyrant's army

A messenger handed the admiral a scroll case which he opened and broke the wax seal on the vellum, "Let's see what Ebonblade has to say today."

As per my last report, we still maintain our foothold on the island of Helvang. The local heathens sought to assault our fortifications and payed dearly for their folly. As such I have taken it upon myself to try and route their flagging forces. Our men fight valiantly but our foe has dug in and fortified themselves. While there have been losses, it is our supplies that have suffered dearly. There is a lack of accessable metal, as such we are in need of weaponry and materials with which to do war in these isles. Resupplied our troops will be unstoppable and I can see a total conquering of the isles in a months time Tyrant willing.

Captain Ebonblade, Helvang Pacification force

Show

Xeema 94 AP
    Influence Country 18AP/14DC (running Tyrant's men out of Helvang and Hajoe
    +2 Foresight - Xeema provides foresight into the nature of Tyrant's men, and how to use their strengths against them.
    +2 Thievery - Sicurin infiltrate Tyrant's Hold providing information to Xeema's cult, twisting messages, and attempts to steal away materials from Tyrant's war machine.
    +1 Messages - Sicurin are also modifying messages being sent to the mainland by Tyrant's men.
    +1 Secret - Xeema clouds the actions of her followers, both by confusing scouts and creating a fog that sets up the attack, the misinformation sent in messages potentially hides their activity from the mainland before it is too late.
    +1 Squirrels - Xeema has her Sicurin appear as squirrel carvings to lure Tyrant's men into bringing them into the camp.

Secondary
    Scry Country
    12 AP - Xeema scrys Valrygrade (and Hajoe if need be) with her Sicurin in search for Tyrant's forces

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Ymon-Thal
    Show

+2 Science: Yith Devices can be built to access the Network easier.
    +1 Change, +1 Mutation: The AI constantly improves on itself.
    +2 Flesh: Yith can become living routers to let non-yith access it.

Spoiler: Melwas
    Show

+2 Change: By channeling the expression from The Herald instead of Ka'al Russ himself, the user gains the ability to change everything they touch, much like the first expression but not limited to flesh.
    +2 Flesh: The First of Ka'al Russ's Expressions gives the user the ability to mould any living being like Clay, much like people from Lanka can. People who already can do this are made better at it.
    +1 Insanity: The second of Ka'al Russ's Expressions gives the user the ability to wreck havoc on the minds of others. They Can delve in and cause changes to how they think or their memories.
    +2 Science: The Third of Ka'al Russ's Expressions gives the user the ability to mess with the laws of Science for a specific target/area (limited by the power of the User). While this is physically taxing when done too often, it can be extraordinarily destructive (ex. Making water molecules radioactive in that set area).
    +1 Mutation: The actual way the particular user channels Expressions and what the Expressions actually do can vary. Ka'al Russ just provides the Divine power, how it's used doesn't really have anything to do with him.

Spoiler: Help Xeena
    Show

+2 Flesh, +1 Insanity: Whenever there's trouble with a particular difficult fortress of the Tyrant, Faceless and Nameless are seen with Flesh beasts and Blackhorn Dragons to burn and destroy the place, before taking the soldiers within for "recruitment".
    +2 Science: A Nameless Emissary comes by in the night to offer the leader of Xeena's men a set of 20 swords, harder and sharper than any he's seen before
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ogre in the Playground

Ymon-Thal, the Passing

Sitting on top of a mountain higher than any in the mortal world, Ymon-Thal could sense one of the new gods clawing at the metaphysical border of the divine power.

Ymon flew to his feet and beyond, ending up hovering over his other self's head. "Oooh, that looks dangerous. That one got some spunk."

"Indeed." Thal rested his head in his hands, thinking for a moment. "This could be interesting."

Spoiler: Help for Melwas
    Show
    Deific magic of Ymon-Thal

Kindness of the Living: A Channeler blessed with the Bond of the Living can transfer life force between themself and other living beings through touch (the "living" part is important, it is possible to save the dying but not the dead). In smaller amounts, this only makes the recipient feel energized and well-rested while the donor feel tired and worn out but sustained use can heal almost any wound or illness, though at great cost for the other person (however, the actual issue is not transferred, so using the Expression to heal a stab wound could result in a heart attack).

The Channeler must always be either the donor or the receiver while transferring life force but it is entirely possible and fairly common for them to act as "middleman" between a person in need of life force and one or several people willing to donate it. While it is possible to use against someone's will, the process is so slow (it usually takes a couple of minutes of skin to skin contact for any significant result) it is rarely if ever used offensively. Though it is not unheard of to use against prisoners. (This Expression can be granted by Ymon-Thal or Ymon-Desha) + 2 Life

Bond of the Dead: A Channeler can use the Bond of the Dead to create an invisible and nigh-unbreakable bond between two people, either the Channeler and another person or between two people the Channeler is touching simultaneously. At first, the bond merely means that either of them can sense the location of the other (not exactly, just the direction and approximate distance) and a vague idea of what they are feeling (rarely anything more specific than that the person is happy, sad, angry, etc.).

However, when one (or both) of them die and is eventually reborn, the bond still exists and if they meet, they spontaneously feel the same way about the other person as they did before, whether it was love, hate, loyalty or annoyance. Though it doesn't necessarily express itself exactly the same way, a lover from a past life might become a close friend, or the other way around. There's also nothing that prevents the relationship from changing through new experiences or circumstances. (This Expression can be granted by Ymon-Thal or Thal-Verys) + 2 Soul

Step of the Dying: A Channeler using the Step of the Dying can sense (though still not actually see) the portals into the Passing throughout the mortal world. The Expression also allows them to step through a portal and then out through another portal (technically, they briefly step into the Passing, subconsciously alter it to link to another portal in the mortal world and step back out).

The new portal can be anywhere in the world but the Channeler must be very familiar with the area, either by having visited it themself or through a very detailed description of it. If they do not know it well enough (or even if the area has changed sufficiently) they end up trapped in the Passing and the still living rarely survive the Passing's ever changing nature for long. (This Expression can be granted by Ymon-Thal or Thal-Verys) + 2 The Passing

Total bonus:
    + 6

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xenopax View Post
    Greetings dear friend.

We have collected information for you about nearby enemy encampments. At midnight tomorrow, we will be leaving the camps with a third of the Tyrants human fighting forces. That would be the ideal time for you to Attack with your forces. If you see any men or anything with more than four limbs lifting a bag in the forest, do not try to interact without wearing the attached mask. We will take you as an enemy.

In addition, forward the following to your Masters please? Ka'al Russ has a deal. Keep what you take, no contention. Any city we take is ours, any city you take is yours. If you send your soldiers to negotiate, send them with proof that they aren't Tyrant Loyalists. Otherwise, their safety is forfeit. If you'd like us to assist you further in the attack or ask any questions, write a letter and leave it in your tent. Don't come back for atleast an hour, and then you'll have your reply.

Praise be the Eternal Shifter
    One of the Nameless
    Nerassus slowly pulls the mask in the shape of Na'uele of his face, breathing deeply as the porcelain shifts and shrinks to a more modest size fit for a human. The mask floats back to join the others, rapidly losing it's features as far away, Na'uele is taking off her own mask. "Hrmf... ambitious. Confident. Whomever this new player is, they're certainly... something."

"Are we going to prepare any diplomatic missives to them sir?"

"Not quite yet Robin. I should like to learn more. Do we have an overview over what exact locations they've attempted to claim?"

"No sir." Robin pulls out a map of Tria, conjuring up a thin layer of mist in various colours to hover over it. "The blue is us. From Port Kelpvine to Al-Sinai. It's a long front, but luckily for us, most of the front is jungle or desert. So any assault will take time and give us plenty opportunity to reinforce."

"And the purple in the centre is all still Tyrant territory." Nerassus nods, before gesturing to areas south and southwest of Port Kelpvine, down the western Tria coast. "The grey part?"

"Unknown sir. It was contested by these unknown troops."

"And even if they won, despite their apparent friendliness, we do not know enough about them. No further movement until I know more. Our efforts should be spent on reinforcing our positions anyway. Robin, I want you to especially focus efforts on reopening trade routes from Port Kelpvine. We need to restart the flow of goods before we have a famine on our hands."

"Very good sir. What about yourself?"

"I'm returning back to University. With Mother and the other gods back, it's time for me to finish a project I've been working on since before you were born."

Spoiler: Action: Finalize Nerassus's Magnum Opus
    Show

16 AP/12 DC: Create +2 Domain Artifact: (Law)

Throughout the ages, Nerassus has worked on a book. A massive work meant to detail and elaborate on all the laws of reality. On everything from Sorcery to Math. Alchemy to Physics. The work is intended to be the authority on natural law. And not just that. The contents within are divinely enchanted to be easily accessible, so that any mortal can study the book and learn from it, and even utilize it to cast spells, perform calculations or emulate path powers that would otherwise be inaccessible to them.

+2 Justice: The work is written and created by Nerassus, and he puts some of his divine essence into it's very pages. As mortals may access the information stored within, the document accesses information they might have and uses it to update itself when neccessary. The first such link is done with Nerassus, creating a pseudo-intelligence based on Nerassus himself that acts as a custodian on the book.Usually, this intelligence does nothing, but it will actively resist beings whose personalities are anathema to the original Nerassus.

+2 Water/+2 Healing: Petr helps by providing Nerassus access to all their knowledge on the arts of healing, on biology, on the water cycle, and Aquamancy. They also add a simple charm, three particular pages of the book can be opened to activate three particular spells. One which conjures up a wave of sweeping water, one which conjures up a gust of wind that freezes water, and one a charm that closes the wounds upon the body.

+1 Medics: With the solid network afforded him by First Justice and his own contacts, the book should always be up to date on the latest in medical knowledge.

+1 Rainbow/+1 Purity: The writing of the book is not normal ink. Were a completely mindless creature to look at the pages, they would be blank. Instead, the contents can appear as images, words, even thoughts, depending on the viewer. But either way, the book communicates with the wielder in a way that makes it's truth pure and easy to access.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

Kalani's date with the Tyrant had gone... poorly. She sighed and stared at the tea she'd made for the two of them. He'd barely touched his. She had hoped to draw him in to a proper relationship, and through that affection she would guide him to a more moral and righteous path. But it was apparent that the Tyrant simply didn't care about love or emotion beyond his own satisfaction; there was nothing for her to latch on to and guide.

Her chest ached. She put her fourth spoonful of sugar in and slowly stirred the cup. She didn't plan on giving up on him (love does not give up), but... why did she even care? Had she fallen for her own flattery? Was the Tyrant really such a paragon of masculine strength that she wanted nothing but his perfection?

She snorted and shook her head. Not likely with that attitude. No, she knew the answer.

The story that had brought her into being had included a husband; one she did not come into being with. Her heart longed to be taken by a man, and for him to love her in turn. But she didn't remember the man, and he had not come into being with her. So there was a hole in her heart that she ached to fill; a place where this husband should have been. And her child, as well; in the stories she sometimes had a child, and even when she didn't, she wanted one. And so was a longing she could not fulfill.

She was lonely.

She picked up the tea and took a sip. Not enough sugar. She spooned a bit more in.

A husband was not the only way to have a family, though. And a goddess had plenty of ways to create family that didn't involve base lusts.

Kalani smiled at the thought. Yes, that was what she would do. And more than that, she would help those lonely and lost...

Show
    Kalani: 86AP

Create a supernaturally gifted sentient species: Fae
    Base DC: 16 (Kalani +9, Xeema +4, Ka'al Russ +5, Petr +4, Ymon-Thal +4, Avestra +3, Grawissen +1)
    AP: 20AP

+2 Love

Fae exist to bring people together, and are sustained by the love people feel for one another. They were, in all due essentiality, created to help people find love. New Fae are created when children are born to couples they have helped bring together.

+2 Trickery

Clever, small, sneaky and more than a little mischevious, Fae are a canny and tricksy bunch. They enjoy playing pranks and making jokes, rarely if ever giving a direct answer or going straight at what they want. Kalani has charged them to be matchmakers, but they prefer to do so by "arranging" events rather than, say, directly telling someone what they should do. As such, Fae will generally not reveal themselves unless they must, or as a lure; they can also suppress their glow if need be.

+1 Beauty

Fae are short (think hobbit sized) and beautiful women with pointed ears. They glow with a calming, pleasant light like the moon.

+1 Allure

Fae are naturally drawn to the lonely and the loveless, seeking to help how they can.

+1 Adaptation

While not terribly strong on their own, Fae are very resourceful, able to quickly and efficiently figure their way around new circumstances.

+2 Kalth

The Fae first appear in Kalth, and though they shall wander far from it, it is their birthplace.

Spoiler: Help Xeema
    Show
    +1 Adaptation

The Tyrant's enemies are outwitted and outmaneuvered at every turn. Even in situations where they catch their enemies out, the Sicurin and those who oppose the tyrant are able to find new and inventive ways to cause mayhem.

+1 Allure

Kalani helps the Sicurin's carvings to draw in the tyrant's men.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2020-09-09 at 03:56 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

7. - Top - End - #577
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The whirlwind and the automaton-

Dulnori searched for the palace, intending to confront the monarch about this situation, but Enota could easily feel their shared blood and intercepted him. The churning whirlwind stood face to face with this automaton. Enota was easily the strangest thing Dulnori had ever seen, it at once felt like him and not him.

"Greetings Dulnori, I am Enota." it said in that chime voice that left the whirlwind unnerved.

"It’s wonderful to finally meet you. So wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, and in your oldest body too." Enota was absolutely enraptured by the whirlwind. Dulnori seemed like everything he had dreamed of and more, the pure power in his motion, the speed and ferocity of the storm, the constant changing shape unbound by any constraint.

"Yes, um." Dulnori was still totally confused by this person. He sounded like an eager worshipper, but a demigod could not worship him like that.

"How exactly do you exist?"

"That’s a wonderful question. CAT made me with pieces from your body and Enhedduanna’s, and then lots of mana. Mana, mana, mana, so much mana. The monarch prayed for me, and the dragons, and the people, so it’s all legal, yes, yes, yes. " Enota said this in a very self-satisfied way, and Dulnori felt greatly taken advantage of. Still, Enota was right, and Dulnori knew he could do nothing about it.

"So now that you’re here, what do you intend to do?"

"I will seek glory honorably," it said and raised a fist in the air, "I will honor you, and honor the dragon, and honor the scripture. I will bring everyone glory, and I will give everyone power. I will fulfill the law, and all the timeless traditions you have set in motion."

He was so, obsequious. Even golden dragons could pursue their own passions, but this thing seemed committed to Dulnori entirely. He resolved to figure this out later, right now he had more pressing concerns than a strange legal oversight.
    "Look, Enota. You know about the war right?"

"Yes, yes yes. I can help you, we’ll stop the invasion together father."

"Father? Father! I … Look I need to go, you just do what you want and give me your energy when I need it. Glory to us." Dulnori fled immediately afterwards.

The abandoned automaton stared silently at the sky for a moment. Dulnori had left it. Why had Dulnori left it? Why was Dulnori not happy about their connection? This wasn't supposed to happen, this wasn't supposed to happen at all. And so Enota spent the rest of that day alone, pondering what went wrong.

An Alliance-

The whirlwind arrives in the Great North abruptly. He speaks strangely, something evidently disturbing him, “Su’ule my friend, I trust you’ve been well. I’ve come to speak of the demonic machines, I’m sure you’ve felt their miserable presence on this continent.

“They sure are a lot of hellions, metaphorically speaking, but I doubt they are truly evil. They are machines, they have a task.”

The whirlwind stops for just a moment before regaining energy, “Any soldier has his orders, but that doesn’t change their actions. They’re already wiping people out. We must push pack Su’ule. My plan is simple, we build a great and terrible army, a coalition of sorcerers and monsters, and we free the people. Under our two banners they will show the world the power of magic, and shatter the power of the dark demon. It will be glorious. What do you say to that?

“I agree to that, Dulnori. Keep in mind that these machines are self-aware life forms now. It may be possible to spare at least some.”

Like I said, they are soldiers and shall be treated as such. Our commanders can use their own discretion.

Spoiler: Action:
    Show
    20 AP/16 DC: influence a continent of mortals (~100M). Retake the conquered lands of Muji with a coalition force of the Horizon and the Northerners. This is the start of the Dragonblood Crusade.
    +2 Ambition: The army shall move with unprecedented speed and force. This is a war of a whole continent, a chance for men to prove themselves on the field of glory.
    +2 Fortune: Fate and possibility align with the crusaders. This war will be one of miracles, and every man will have their own story of the lucky shot that took down a machine in one hit.
    +1 Sailing: The crusaders will have full naval advantage, using the rivers in the promised land to transport troops quickly and overtake the demonic machines.
    +1 Symbiosis: The sky ecosystem of the promised land will aid the crusaders, this will be shown in a later post.
    +2 Harken Steppe: The steppe will act as a place of refuge for soldiers injured in the fight.
    +2 Energy: Enota will donate its power to the soldiers. Strength surges, and the casters are filled with mana.
    Last edited by flyinglemur; 2020-08-24 at 01:32 AM.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Xeema watched as her cult went about the business of undermining Tyrant's camp, satisfied that they things were well in hand. She slid back into the shadows, her form fading away as she turned her attention outwards.
    Spoiler: Help/Hinder Kalani, Avestra, Tyrant, Melwas, Dulnori
    Show

Kalani - Help with the creation of Fae.
    +2 Foresight - As matchmakers Fae will be blessed with keen insight of people around them.
    -2 Curiosity - the Fae will be consumate people watchers, drawn to them as much as they are out of duty as they are out of curiosity, sometimes to their own detriment.
    +1 Secrets - In turn they will learn intimate secrets of the people they influence and those around them.
    +1 Messages - Xeema grants the Fae a greater understanding of how to pass along information to mortals, whether this be as straight forward as a written message, or more adroit methods of visions or signs.

Avestra - Help with the subversion of Tyrant's populace.
    +1 Messages - The messages of Avestra are carried far and wide, and are unable to be quashed by Tyrant's inquisitors.
    +2 Thievery - The messages also carries the hidden teachings of Xeema. For most they turn to the Divine Owl, but for a select few they are collected by the Hidden Paw.

Tyrant - Hinder the Burning Hatred
    -2 Thievery - The Burning Hatred can only be sustained by mortal blood, and they will be driven to feast upon it wherever they find it, whether that be the other gods' creations, the humans they've subverted, or even themselves.
    -1 Messages - The Burning Hatred are preceded by a maddening drone that alerts those of their presence.

Melwas- Help Diefic Magic
    +2 Thievery, +2 Foresight, +1 Secrets - aspects granted to her followers
    +2 Rulebreaker - Using the deadman's dice to subvert established laws of magic and weaken the barrier between mortal and diety.

Dulnori - Help with Dragonblood Crusade
    +2 Foresight - Xeema grants insight to Dulnori's general over potential battlefield strategies.
    +1 Squirrels - Sicurin will run messages among the Dragonblood forces.
    +1 Messages - Messages along with battlefield updates will be timely and secure.

Last edited by SquirrelWizard; 2020-08-30 at 10:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Orc in the Playground

Kismet, The Marble Palace, Kingdom of Samara (Avestra with 80 AP remaining)

The antfolk had little idea of what to do with the strange creature calling themselves Kismet in their midst, but if there was one thing they knew how to do, it was taking care of guests. Kismet found himself supplied with more than enough food, drink and shade as word spread across the palace until finally, an invitation came from the inner chamber for an audience. As he was escorted to the royal chambers, Kismet couldn't help noticing the lines of antfolk scurrying to and fro, carrying bundles of newly forged swords and spears that looked as if they were better suited to human hands than ant claws.

"Who are they making those for?" he asked his nearest captor.

"Tyrant men," the worker ant grunted. Her accent was thick, but Kismet understood her well enough. He was taken through several sets of door before they finally reached a resplendent chamber.

"I present to you, Her Majesty Queen Amrit, the High King-Mother," an ant covered head-to-toe in a purple robe proclaimed.

For the first time since he had awoke, Kismet found himself face-to-face with a human. Queen Amrit was tall and slender, with golden brown skin and dark almond eyes. She wore a long, crimson gown that enveloped the throne she perched upon.

"They say you claim to be sent by Avestra herself. Is that true?" she said, barely looking up from the book in her hands.

"It is, your Majesty. I am Kismet."

"We shall see," Amrit said, sighing. She closed her book. "I suppose I should apologise for my son's absence. I believe he's catching frogs in the palace gardens."

"That is quite all right," Kismet said, bowing humbly. "I think you are the one I should be talking to."

A smile flitted across Amrit's lips.

"Well, speak then, curious creature. I haven't got all day."

"Why are you letting the Tyrant enslave the antfolk?" Kismet asked. Amrit's lips pursed.

"Bold," she said. "Of course I would prefer otherwise. But we don't have the strength to overcome the might of the Tyrant Empire alone. This way, we may survive in some form or another."

"I come on behalf of a greater power than any mortal empire."

"So you say," Amrit said. She waved a hand and the ant servant in purple darted away. "Prove it, then. Prove that you are truly the servant of Avestra."

"As you wish," Kismet said quietly. He bowed his head, muttering to himself. Amrit rolled her eyes and returned to her book. She began to notice her feet were getting a little hot and lifted them in annoyance, preparing to call for a servant. It was at that moment she saw the flames.

"What are you doing?" she cried, leaping onto the throne for safety. The tapestry behind her erupted into a storm of orange and yellow, each scattered fragment transforming into tiny ash-coloured birds which encircled her, shrieking words in tongues she did not understand.

"Come with me and I will show you," Kismet said, his high voice cutting through the chaos. The palace around Amrit melted away and she found herself on a familiar grey plain, not far from where she had grown up.

"This is the future which the Tyrant plans for Samara," Kismet added, pointing out across the barren landscape. Smoke was rising from behind an abandoned quarry, while nothing was audible beyond the wind and their own shallow breathes.

"But... but where is the colony?" Amrit asked. "Where are the antfolk gone?"

"There aren't any left. Once they were no longer useful to him, the Tyrant had them all killed."

"And what of us Manushya?"

Kismet waved a hand and they found themselves in front of a collection of drab leather tents. The men were dressed in tattered furs while the women bowed over with clay pots, their children with stick-like limbs and swollen bellies.

"This is all that remains of your people. Without the ants to support your civilisation, those few who survived have been reduced to farmers scratching a living out of the dirt. Not a fruitful endeavour in this part of the world."

Kismet clicked his fingers and the pair found themselves back in the palace once more. There were no signs of fire damage or anything else amiss.

"I offer a bargain," he said simply. "Bring your people to the way of the Divine Owl, throw out the Tyrant oppressors and Avestra will lend her divine protection to your house. Provided you and your descendants honour her ways, you will never have to fear for your position."

"And if I don't agree?"

"I will offer the same deal to one of your antfolk underlings. Perhaps they will remember who this land really belongs to."

Amrit smiled, but her eyes were cold.

"You offer a hard bargain, but I suppose I have no choice."

"You will not regret this," Kismet said solemnly, offering a hand before allowing himself a brief grin.

Show
    16 AP / 12 DC: Convert 1M people of the Tyrant client state Kingdom of Samara to the faith of the Divine Owl, causing them to rise in rebellion against the Tyrant Empire. Samara is found in the east of the Stricken Lands, to the north and west of the Eye of Worlds. The following bonuses apply:

+2 Bargains: Kismet offers Avestra's divine blessing to the Samaran Royal House, in exchange for their conversion to the Owl faith.

+2 Nature: Nature itself will rise up to drive the forces of the Tyrant Empire out of Samara. Plants growing in the wilderness will become poisonous to Tyrant forces, while their food supplies will be raided by rodents.

+2 Birds: Likewise, every wild bird in the kingdom will become instinctively hostile to Tyrant forces. Soldiers will be mobbed by flocks of small birds and if unable to find shelter, pecked incessantly. Ducks and geese will divebomb unsuspecting enemies, while crows and ravens will act as spies for Samarans who are able to treewhisper.

+2 Dreams: The dreams of the Tyrant generals in Samara will be haunted by Kismet, depriving them of much-needed sleep.

History of the Kingdom of Samara:

The Kingdom of Samara is a confederation of antfolk colonies found in the barren east of the Stricken Lands, overseen by an elite human minority. Shortly after the end of the third age, a small group of humans known as the Manushya migrated from somewhere in Tria and arrived in the Stricken Lands, soon ending up in conflict with the antfolk. What transpired is not clear, but eventually the war ended with a peace treaty between the surviving queens of the antfolk and humanity. The Manushya became a new caste on top of the existing ant hierarchy, binding the numerous colonies together into a single kingdom overseen by a High King. To this day, human rule remains unchallenged in the isolated state.
    Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-09-01 at 05:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

The mind of Ka'al Russ extended across the world, using his Artifact and his own powers to see what would happen if he affected specific decisions by his Fellow gods. After isolating the ideal path, he would act.

Spoiler: Avestra
    Show

+1 Mutation: The Ant-Folk begin developing different castes to aid in the fight against the Tyrant.
    +1 Insanity. +2 Science, +2 Flesh: The most commonly seen of the new castes are of two types. Berserkers, who grow stronger carapaces and sharper weapons, but make up for their enhanced physique with a stunted mind are the main front liners. Meanwhile, a castes of mad Geniuses called the Alchemi that mix chemicals in their abdomens.The latter receive whispers from Ka'al Russ and his Children.
    +3 Change: Portions of the Antfolk refuse to bow to their Human overlords ever again, seeing as how they allowed them to be enslaved. One of these groups included a queen. They come into contact with Nameless, and are inspired to try and free the rest of the Antfolk from the Percieved tyranny of the Manushya.

Spoiler: Kalani
    Show

+1 Change: Fae come in many shapes and colours, as varied as the flowers in Spring.
    +1 Mutation: Almost as if following some unknown archetype, A certain number of Fae, turn into Faeries, which are smaller and have wings.
    +1 Insanity: Another portion of both Fae and Faeries grow wicked, whether it be from harm inflicted on them or from traumatic experiences. These are called the Unseelie, and they come out at night, being the opposites of the Fae.
    +2 Science: Fae have an instinctive knowledge of the best ways to grow flowers and help animals.

Spoiler: Tyrant
    Show

-1 Insanity: The burning hate despise each other and try to out do one another by any means possible...including having their mortals kill their fellow burning hates mortals.
    -1 Mutation: A small portion of the Burning Hate are stuck in giant form
    -2 Science: In Lanka, a spray is discovered that causes them to freeze up and die.
    -2 Change: Nameless grow skilled at discovering when a person is under the influence of one of the Burning hate.
    -2 Flesh: When attacked while changing forms, they can get stuck in-between both.
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    Games that I am in

11. - Top - End - #581
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Xinnies quietly surveied the five islands he was slowly bringing under his rule and protection. The deity smiled to himself. So far, everything seemed to be going well. He even ended up getting some kind of help from another divine being. A reminder that the soon-to-be god-king had peers that he would have to meet. Later. For now, he had a coronation to plan and attend. Everything had to be perfect. Well, his definition of perfect anyway. It would be good enough. That thought in mind, Xinnies set to work.

Spoiler: CORONATION
    Show

It was set up in a large, open clearing. One that was an equal distance away from the largest settlement on Val-tae and the as of yet (mostly) unsettled lands of Qing. All the 'important' people were invited from across the five islands, and given easy-to-access transportation to arrive on time. Polaris had coordinated the gathering with the help of several specalists.

The preperations, having a much larger then nessiary area seemed to work out, as when the promised date arrived, they had few more...interesting guests. Gigantic, beautiful golden dragons arrived to watch over the proceedings. Seeing the large creatures, and sensing some kind of divine 'help,' he smiled to himself, thinking this was the same signature from before. What was the name again? Dulnori.

The crowd was huge. Of course, that's also because it was a good portion of the Isles that had shown up for this. Polaris was there, holding the Aegis grandly, like some kind of living pedestal for the item. By now its properties were well known...especially after someone tried to steal the shield and it, for lack of a better term, ate the perpertrator. After all, who would find a thief 'worthy' of being a king? The fact that Polaris could wield it freely was quite telling...and lended credence to his words about his liege, a new god, by the name of Xinnies.

Whom was going to make an appearance, it seemed. A coronation ceremony, in fact. To usher in a god-king, one who would watch over the nation for as long as Creation stood. As the ceremony began, and the small orchestral acompanyment began to play...he arrived.

Without much fanfare, besides the literal fanfare, Xinnies just appeared. His avatar bowing lightly towards the assembled group. He wore only a red-and-gold cloak clasped at the shoulder with a strangely attractive beastly skull catch holding it in place. The fabric wrapped around most of his body.

"Greetings." he rumbled out, bowing a second time, smiling to the large group.

Swiftpaw stands with his back against a wall, watching over the crowds of people who have gathered. Merchants, Generals, Mayors, and just people plain wealthy. All who is something on the island is here. Personal invite by... honestly, it's hard to see either Polaris or Xinnies writing the guest list. Probably someone with a more unsavoury political savvy. Not that Swift himself minds. A lack of invitation isn't gonna keep him from the biggest event in the history of the islands. And if the process of acquiring an invitation means throwing another bandit in merchant clothes to Danza, then that's just a boon.

The sight of Xinnies appearing is unlike anything Swift has seen... or rather, experienced before. Back at the university, he knew a Celestial who could teleport. But this... this isn't quite the same. He has no words for it, and without really intending to he suddenly finds himself clapping for Xinnies appearance with the rest of the crowd. As soon as he catches himself in the act he forces his arms behind his back, lips twisted into a frown.

The avatar of a God waited, smiling faintly, until the clapping died away. He needn't wait long, his presence seemed to encourage polite behavior.

"As I am sure you all know, I am Xinnies, God of Athority and Mercy. However, that which us less well-known is that I was once a mortal king." He continued, large tail swaying softly.

"And my kingdom encompassed these islands. Buried in the sea between them rests the ruins of my capital, buried under hundreds of years of shifting ocean sands..." Xinn continued, going through his past, and then the sudden awakening by his reincarnated general's cry when fighting the Tyrant's insurgent forces.

"And now I am here to once again unite the islands, drive back the Tryant from our shores and curtail the various factions bleeding the populous dry." he finished, before gently taking the shield from Polaris. With quiet intensity, he placed the object on his arm and fastened the straps. ...Obviously, nothing bad happened.

Swift's hands twitches. Oh how much fun it would be to try and steal that item right off Xinnies arms. What a masterclass in thievery to claim it for himself. And yet, just because he can take it doesn't that mean he can stop the defensive charms from hitting him.

Exhaling deeply, the raccoon steps over to one of the tables laid out with treats. He spots a noblewoman grabbing a small cream pastry, but before she can put it in her mouth, the pastry is in Swift's grip. "Gh. These things are much too sweet." he mutters to himself as he walks closer to Polaris and Xinnies. The story of Xinnies. A mortal ascending to godhood. Could he... "Yuu?"

"Hrm?" Yuu steps out from the crowd to stand besides Swift.

"Do you think he expects a gift?"

"Do you have one?"

"I could get one."

"Just go and talk. Isn't that why you're here?"

The two chuckle softly. Swift gives his friend a quick nod, before he makes his way near the throne, a small note in his hand as he ponders how best to get the attention of either Polaris or Xinnies.

For now it seems to be pretty standard stuff, once he proved the shield wouldn't reject him, and the story of his origin. Oddly, he refused a crown. Perhaps because he could make one for his avatar if he so desired...?

Either way, he moved on. Mostly to policy. This of course, made a lot of the wealthy socialites nervous. Welfare programs, better policing, enrichment programs....and of course, taxes. The tax was to be on a sliding scale, based on reported income, with a service dedicated to verifying the claims....to prevent people from pretending to be poor, mostly.

The next section is likely something Swift could take advantage of, if he so chose...a questions and answers portion.

Swift allows a quiet whistle to escape his lips. "Perhaps the big guy won't be all bad after all... ah, but first." He licks his lips, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

"What will you do about those who reject your rule?"

He stops and turns towards the asker. "It depends on the type of rejection. If its just words, I doubt I'd do much. If they make it official, or protest, I would probably mark them as resident aliens, which would exclude them from the social programs and safety nets I intend to erect. They would pay a minimal tax still, however, if they intend to keep living here despite not being a citizen. Rabble rousing and above, however will be...dealt with. Depending on how sever their attempts to cause unrest, this can range from heavy fines up to exile, and in extreme cases where they attempt a full-on coup or something similar, public execution."

"Hrm. A bite to the bark huh?" Swift tilts his head slightly. "You're a god now, no? Will you be demanding worship? Can people still pray to whichever god they wish?"

"Religious freedom is important. Just because I am a god does not mean I expect everyone to abandon their religious values for my sake." He answered, smiling. "Obviously worship is not discouraged either, and I offer many of the same benefits as the other gods. Such as blessings and the like, but everyone living here will be treated fairly and protected from ill-intentioned actors, regardless of their choice of God. However, living sacrifice is discouraged, and worship of the Tyrant and anyone backing him will result in exile or imprisonment."

Swift nods, digging his heels into the ground, weaving from foot to foot. "Can't deny. I like the no sacrificing parts very much. But then tell me, oh great big god. Who will be organizing things in your place? Who'll be deciding who serves the tyrant? Who'll work your will in the mortal world when you aren't around? Besides Polaris."

"A coalition of vetted individuals from all five islands, elected by the populous. I haven't decided on the total number, but at least two from each island. All their decisions will be reviewed periodically, and if nessisary, those abusing their position or athority will be punished in accordance with the law." Xinn explained.

"Hrm..." Swift nods slowly. "I guess I'll be waiting to see how that works out." He tilts his head. "But to go back a little. What if there are groups on this island who recognize no king, who keep to themselves and refuse to be absorbed into your kingdom. Will you leave them be?"

He shifts his weight slightly, crossing his arms and tilting his head. "...That depends, really. Mostly on their ability to compromise, self-govern, and their propensity to cause or attract trouble. However, just letting anyone set up city-states that tear chunks out of a unified kingdom willy-nilly will cause said kingdom to collapse. Their will have to, likely, be a relocation. A fair one, mind, where they have access to resources and trade routes. Though anything they export to the kingdom will be subject to tariff. Not to mention, there would need be checkpoints and border patrols..." he mused, thinking and talking aloud.

"Ahuh." Swift tilts his head. "Well then, perhaps we could take this discussion out of the realm of the theoretical, and into the actual. If you have the time of course, there's someone I would like you to meet."

The king frowned softly. "...I see. Well, let us wrap up the ceremony first." He said turning to address various other questions, most of which seemed to show Xinn's leaning towards protection, enrichment, trade, and societal safety nets for the downtrodden. Also an extensive refugee program.

It took an hour to address the remaining concerns, but slowly the ceremony came to a close and people began to file out and return to their homes, save Xinn, Polaris, Swift, and whoever else was likely associated with him.
    The only one remaining is a human-like woman, though with the aura of a Celestial. The yellow-brown skin of a Sanctuary native, with clothing made entirely out of still living plants. Swift did speak with a couple others, but they seem to have left once the food was all gone. Swift himself inclines his head to Xinn now that they have a moment of relative silence. "First, let me introduce my friend Yuu. Secondly, since your return have you spent much time on Qing?"

The king nodded to Yuu, and sat on the edge of the erected stage. It was the only thing big enough for him to sit on. "...I have not been back for very long, so by simple virtue of a lack of over all time, no, I have not." He answered, then paused for a moment. He turned to address Yuu.
    "It is nice to meet you, Yuu. Though I must ask...what is your name?" He asked, turning his gaze to Swift.

"Swiftpaw." The racoon man makes a show of bowing. Somehow it seems since last they spoke he's gotten rid of his suit in favour of a looser set of clothes more fitting for travelling in the jungle. It also seems a size too large for him. "Admittedly a bit more of a nickname, but it's the name I've used the past two centuries.

Xinnies noted the...suddenness of the change and just chalked it up to the 'swift' in his name. "Well. On to business, then. Who is the one to explain the situwtion?" He asked looking between the two.

"Oh he isn't here. It's why I asked you about Qing. There's a tribe there. They aren't anywhere near as advanced as we are. They live by the ancient ways, protected by their own... "god." I say god. But in truth he is a Celestial who has taken it upon himself to protect them and their way of life."

"...And is it the tribe or their leader that is so against another's athority?" He asked coocking a brow gently. "Also how does one know that he is not abusing his position? I assume you have a way to check." Xinn responded.

"Well why don't we go check on him together?" Swift crosses his arms over his chest. "With your divine power, well all these issues should be easy to check and confirm no?"

Spoiler: A Visit to Qing
    Show

"...You're actually encouraging me to use my godly powers to spy on someone?" he asked, his tail twitching gently. "Odd, you struck me as the type who wouldn't want that sort of...above-reproach oversight." the god-king responded, rubbing his chin. "However, if this is what you want, I shall oblige. But is it what you want?" he asked, looking at Swift seriously.

"Quite the contrary. What I want you to do is to come with me and visit the tribe." He looks up at the much taller god. "As a god, it should be no trouble for you to bring us quickly, straight to Qing. And from there, I can take the lead."

"As you wish. Are you coming too?" he asked, looking to Yuu, tilting his head slightly.

"If you'll have me." Yuu smiles.

"Then we go." he said...and suddenly they were all on the island of Qing. It was just so...sudden, no fanfare, no warning, just in the clearing one moment, on the beach of the other island the next.

Swift has to take a moment to get his bearing. But once he is aware of where exactly on Qing they are, he draws upon his spiritual energy to create a bolt of silver-grey energy. He launches the sphere skywards where it explodes into a sparkling raccoon head that hangs in the air for a few moments. And not long after the sound of heavy steps can be heard. Weaving his way through the jungle is a large panther-like celestial. Almost entirely nude except for a loincloth, and at his side is a tree trunk converted into a makeshift spear. "Swift?!" The giant's voice rumbles deeply. "What... need... help?"

"Heya Cinder. I'd like you to meet Xinnies and Polaris. Xinnies, meet Cinder. The local guardian diety."

Xinnies bids softly. Polaris was blinking at the magical raccoon head that exploded in the sky just a moment ago.

"Well met." Xinn responded giving the other male a brief nod.

"Friend. Swift?" The giant panther nods towards Xinn. "Welcome. Have little. But... Swift friends... my friends." The panther scrunches his face in thought, not just as if it's hard to know the words, but as if speaking them is difficult in itself.

The big fellow nodded once again. "Thank you for your kindness." he replied. It was...hard to be all business with someone who didn't seem to enjoy talking, however. It took him a moment to figure out how to ask what was on his mind. "...So Swift here says you...lead the tribe here?"

"Lead?" The giant shakes his head slowly. "Protect. I..."

"If I may?" Yuu steps up, planting a hand gently on the giant's side. "He is a Celestial. One bound to the belief of his tribe. They view him as a silent, stoic guardian of their homes. Which is why he struggles to speak. The tribe, which is about fifteen minutes walk from here, is a small thing. About five hundred or so pygmies, who live entirely of hunting, fishing and gathering. We..." Yuu nibbles her lips. "We found the tribe shortly after we were made Celestials. Cinder has been protecting them ever since."

Xinn nodded for a bit, listening, though...part of the statement stuck in his head. One that he couldn't help but ask about, despite their original purpose. "We? So you and...Swift here." he said, nodding to the raccoon. "Created a race?"

"No?" She tilts her head. "We're Celestials. We were created by Petr of the Healing Waters."

"Don't know the exact details." Swift shrugs his shoulders. "The whole thing is complex and I don't understand it all, but the important things if you don't know are as follows. We Celestials are a sort of fusion of the soul and flesh, this fusion manifests various spiritual powers we can use to affect the world. But in turn... well, the world has a stronger effect on us than others."

"Cinder is constantly surrounded by people who think of him as a massive, quiet guardian. Which is why, over the ages, he's grown larger, and struggles more and more with speaking properly."

"And, I suppose the big question is, why would this place reject being part of a kingdom? I never once mentioned forcing anyone to change their ways, or give up their individuality. That's part of what I am trying to...understand." he said, after a moment of silence, absorbing the knowledge bestowed upon him.

"Well that's simple ain't it?" Swift tilts his head. "You want taxes. You want laws. You want em to be a part of your whole. If they become part of your lands... well. You may not force them to change, but what about the Le Hua family? What will you do when they wish to clear-cut part of their hunting grounds for farmland?" Swift spits on the ground. "That's not a theoretical. As recent as last month, Cinder chased away a bunch of mercenaries hired by them. And I mean... that's the difficult thing. If Cinder and his folks are foreigners, you as king will have to support your people right?" Swift bites his lips. "But if they're not, well... They'll have to concede land according to your laws, no?"

He stares at Swift. "...You assume much, you know. Just because they are my people does not mean they are in the right. Sending mercenaries to harry locals so they can have more farming land? No. That is not something I would endorse. Neither would be giving up native hunting grounds for the sake of someone's business. Where is this Le Hua group? I believe I should have a word with them."

"They've got several trade centers. But I think their main mansion is in Port Ruby here on Qing." Yuu shrugs her shoulders. "We generally try to avoid them directly. They're very good at playing public opinion."

"If this is the case, then I am sure I can beat them at their own game...and have them ousted without being seen as a tyrant, if you are willing to play along?" he asked, looking at the group.

Swift smirks, cracking his knuckles. "There are few things I enjoy more than crushing greedy merchants. You protect Cinder and his tribe and I'll repay you. I may be mortal, but that don't mean I can't provide you something of value."

Spoiler: Action- Create a Supernaturally Gifted Race: the Gleinpnir 20 AP/16 DC
    Show
    --Action: Create a Supernaturally Gifted Race: the Gleipnir --

Xinnies realizes that with things the way they currently are, his kingdom will forever be threatened by the petulant whims of this Tyrant. He needed protectors, but not mindless ones, ones that could think, feel, build connections, and most importantly, adapt. So as his fellows in the pantheon have done before, the god-king turned to creating a race. With naught for inspiration beside his current form, Xinnies created them in his own image, and imbued them with his, and his champion's teachings.

Of course, he wished them to foster togetherness, and a sense of protection, so he gave them the ability to reproduce with any organic sentient. Being 'pure of blood and lineage' isn't something the god-king is very interested in, as much as creating a happy, unified kingdom.

+1 Behemoth- The Gleipnir are large, ranging from 9' to 18' feet in height, and their size gives them considerable strength and endurance, making them great warriors and protectors.

+2 Honor- Xinnies enlisted the help of his Champion, Polaris. Strong moral fiber meant that there would be fewer who turned to darker tendencies with an innate nature to be fair and honest.

+2 Authority- Despite their mighty size, they're quite good at statecraft and keeping order among subordinates as their mere presence inspires others to follow in their footsteps.

+2 Mercy- Though they are fierce, Gleinpnir trend towards the idiom of 'today's enemy is tomorrow's friend'. They prefer to mend bridges over burning them, a natural want to gain allies over destroying enemies.

+1 Art- Their resemblance to several kinds of beats has instilled in them an appreciation for beauty in nature. As such they love 'green spaces' and strive to live in harmony with the natural world.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The new and the old
    On the eastern edge of the Harken Steppe a vast army was amassing. The old tribes were finally being levied into service, and mana was being collected. Dulnori was speaking to a few more important leaders, and carving new dragon eggs out of gold, to replace the inevitable losses.

“We should begin with an aerial assault, soften them up with the dragons before leading our men up the great bridge,” said general Whitestone
    Not a bad idea, but the dragons can’t easily attack without getting close to the ground, and then they’ll be cut down for sure.
    “That’s true, unless we,” ...

Behind them, a singular squirrel-like creature had been silently lurking, observing the proceedings, its form distorted and grew into the form of a woman wearing a fur-trimmed cloak and an emerald embroidered eyepatch glinting from under her hood. She smirked and said, “You talk about attacking your foe’s strength. Might I suggest an alternative?”

Dulnori turned around, his human form far more plain than Xeema’s, a thin man wearing leather armor. “I was wondering when you’ld speak. I’ll hear you out, but first, who are you and why are you here? It’s not often I get visitors in my own home.” As he said this his hands continued chiseling the egg, seemingly operating independently of the rest of him. The general was scared at first, but Dulnori’s calm reaction reassured him that he was safe.

“I could bore you with the petty titles I’ve accrued,” Xeema replied, her raising her hand and turning it over lazily as the squirrel-like Sicurin climbed out from under her cloak to perch upon her hand. The Sicurin’s stared at the General as Xeema continued, “But among my faithful I am known as Xeema. And for now, you might say we have a mutual enemy, and I would loath to let a potential ally go to waste; not when they can be put to use.”

The general grimaced as he saw the squirrel, something about it seemed off but he couldn’t tell what. Dulnori put down the egg and began, “The demon of darkness is an enemy to the whole world, that’s obvious, but an alliance can’t be built on mutual enemies. I’ve tried that before and people died because of it. What are you Xeema?” He points to her Sicurin, “Why did you make that minion in the shape of a squirrel? What do you care about, and what are your dreams? Gods can only be defined by what they love, anything else is academic. Perhaps we even love the same things.

Xeema shrugged, letting the Sicurin run back down her arm only to burrow back into the trim of her cloak. “I think you are wrong, alliances are built all the time on things much more flimsy than common foes. I suspect what most fail to understand is that alliances are rarely permanent and that one should plan accordingly for when they fall apart.” Her hand returned to a pouch on her hip as she added, “I am an agent of turmoil forcing the hand of fate to waver in uncertainty yet I am the mother of a thousand plans of which one might bear fruit. Order and Chaos juxtaposed in an everlasting struggle of purpose. Something I have in common with the little squirrels.” Xeema grinned, “I could say more, but then we gods must have our mystique do we not? And what of you? Where does your dreams lay? Or does the sculptor of eggs even dream?”

Dulnori laughed a little, “Godly mystique? I’d rather that idea die in a hole. It has caused me endless problems, and I’m very lucky to have such forgiving mortals. As for me, I love dreams.” Here Dulnori’s eyes widened, and his speech was filled with ecstatic emotion, “My people hope for greatness, and for a better tomorrow, and I will make those dreams come true.” As he said this he raised his arms, like he was trying to grab the sky, “I could even make your dreams come true, like I did Nestellbam’s. So long as those don’t interfere with mortal dreams. It’s their world afterall, and we only live in it.” After this he calmed down, and remembered why this all started, “I’ll figure you out soon enough. So, what was your advice?

“I do not deal in dreams.” Xeema shook her head, “they are ephemeral like the air. I teach my followers to plan, to prepare, to be… flexible.” she shrugged, “and if I deign to… give them an edge, then it happens, but everything has its price. But you’d be amazed at what mortals can do when you give them a little guidance and the chance to… prove themselves.”

She glanced back to the general, her singular eye focused on him as if she were measuring his soul. She asked the man, “Do you know what you are fighting against? Their composition, their numbers?”

Whitestone shuffled through his papers, “We have some information from the Sugradi, but our reports are limited. It’s hard enough to cross the desert normally, let alone with these patrols, so we don’t have a lot of surviving scouts.”

Xeema didn’t seem very impressed, “But you have dragons do you not? You do not need to put them in harms way for a rider or dragon to take note of enemy positions.”

Whitestone rubbed his chin in thought, “That could work, but the desert is still a desert, and a dragon needs a lot of water. And if they fly too fast they just collapse in the heat.”

“If you use your dragons to scout your enemy’s encampments,” Xeema waved her hand as a small image of the local landscape formed before them. ”You would not need to push them hard. They would need only to arrive within a timely manner, and at the same time they could deliver locations of any scouting patrols in the area for your men to either avoid or assault when the advantage is in their favor. But the ultimate goal is that we need to goad the enemy force into attacking over the bridge. To force their hand either through enraging them, or supplying them with a false opportunity or them to capitalize on. Do you know who or what leads their forces?”

“Nothing leads them. They’re not mortal soldiers, they’re machines, so they’ve got orders programmed into them already.”

“There has to be something that governs where they attack and when.”

“We think they’re just running on bloodlust. They don’t seem to care about complex strategy, they’re just looking to slaughter non-human populations with brute force.” He snaps his fingers, “I think I’ve got it, hypothetically, any big enough mass of inhuman bodies should draw their attention. We could pile the bridge with Ceros, and wait.”

“If you lure them onto the bridge then they give up their numeric advantage.” Xeema said, “If you could hold them there you could inflict heavy casualties with magics or siege machines. Depending on their number you could have a reserve force desert side to potentially catch them in a pincer and leave them fighting on two ends.”

“Siege engines would just break the bridge, and we couldn’t get the force on the other side without killing them in the first place. The living wood on it’s own though will be enough to win. Not a bad idea at all. I might tell Rokanon to carve a squirrel in the temple.”

“It would be a risk I’d be willing to take but this is your bridge; your fight.” At the mention of the carving, Xeema smirked, “Funny thing that, squirrel carvings have all sorts of uses.”

“What’s your price then foreigner?”

“A victory here would weaken Tyrant’s forces overall. That is all that I require, and all that I expect.”

Dulnori spoke up, “You’ve got your own battle though, and I have a feeling you’ld appreciate my hand on that front. What do you say?

“I would appreciate it.” Xeema said to Dulnori. “I have done what I can to support my followers efforts in Helvang and Hajoe, and they stand a good chance of success, but further aid will only strengthen that chance.”

Then I will close destiny, all possibilities converge onto victory. We are not so different Xeema, I only hope that you always remember who the world belongs to.

Spoiler: Reaction: help Xeema
    Show
    +2 Fortune: Plans are good, but not everything can be planned for, and that is where Dulnori acts. Xeema’s men will have the good fortune to not be waylaid by the unexpected, that is to say, the plan will go off without a hitch.
    +2 Ambition: This ambitious ploy to drive off invaders will not go unnoticed. The people on the islands will speak forever of these glorious deeds, which will serve as an inspiration for generations to come.
    +1 Sailing: Fair winds and calm waters for the Tyrant navy, so as to reach port faster and fall all the quicker to Xeema’s trap.

Spoiler: Xeema's aid to my own action:
    Show

+2 Foresight - Xeema grants insight to Dulnori's general over potential battlefield strategies.
    +1 Squirrels - Sicurin will run messages among the Dragonblood forces.
    +1 Messages - Messages along with battlefield updates will be timely and secure.
    Last edited by flyinglemur; 2020-08-30 at 10:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by flyinglemur View Post

Like I said, they are soldiers and shall be treated as such. Our commanders can use their own discretion.

Spoiler: Action:
    Show
    20 AP/16 DC: influence a continent of mortals (~100M). Retake the conquered lands of Muji with a coalition force of the Horizon and the Northerners. This is the start of the Dragonblood Crusade.
    +2 Ambition: The army shall move with unprecedented speed and force. This is a war of a whole continent, a chance for men to prove themselves on the field of glory.
    +2 Fortune: Fate and possibility align with the crusaders. This war will be one of miracles, and every man will have their own story of the lucky shot that took down a machine in one hit.
    +1 Sailing: The crusaders will have full naval advantage, using the rivers in the promised land to transport troops quickly and overtake the demonic machines.
    +1 Symbiosis: The sky ecosystem of the promised land will aid the crusaders, this will be shown in a later post.
    +2 Harken Steppe: The steppe will act as a place of refuge for soldiers injured in the fight.
    +2 Energy: Enota will donate its power to the soldiers. Strength surges, and the casters are filled with mana.
    Su'ule
    + 2 Sorcery : The Sorcerers ability to teach others for purposes of magic in war is amplified.
    + 1 Strength : The members of the army are empowered physically.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

"How'd the meeting go Mother?" Nerassus doesn't even bother to look up from the many, many different books that lie strewn around. Some on the table, some stacked up against the walls, some open on other tables, and some still hovering in midair before him, pages turning at a rapid pace as Nerassus works to transcribe all the new information.

"Mostly a waste of time." Petr conjures up a small pond of water, from which they draw out several scrolls woven from seaweeds, inscribed with silvery ink. "Here are the writings I promised you."

"Thank you. Just drop them in the heap. I'll get to them eventually." Nerassus continues his quiet scribbling for a good ten more minutes, finally allowing himself a break as he puts the pen aside. "So nothing of value whatsoever?"

"The peculiar forces that contacted Na'uele belong to Ka'al Russ. Inheritor of the worst qualities of Yir, with no moral scruples. His city wholly embraces violent sacrifice, and has no idea of why wild and violent twisting f flesh might be a bad idea." Petr shakes their head. "I do not trust him."

"Anything else?"

"Avestra created the disease that's been plaguing the continent lately. I learned of three new gods. Melwas, whose representative struggled with simple courtesy. Kalani, who had apparently attempted to seduce the Tyrant, judging from their interactions."

"Wait what?! How'd that go?" Nerassus stares at Petr with a look of someone struggling to even begin to comprehend the previous statement.

"Poorly. But at least it taught us that the Tyrant is a complete and utter fool. The third was Xeema. I did not get a good read on them. But, speaking of the Tyrant. He made an appearance, and through that confirmed a few things for me."

"About tartarus?"

"About the level of competency we can expect." Petr kneads a finger against the bridge of their nose. "The tyrant is a fool. A complete and utter fool whose success can only be attributed to the sheer level of power given him by the blood dagger prophecy. He is utterly lacking in charm, social grace, wisdom, intelligence, patience or foresight. He is oblivious, greedy, selfish and overall pathetic. In simple terms. He's too stupid for typical attempts at outsmarting him. He'll hit hard and hit fast, with all the grace of a mammoth in a pygmy boneyard."

"Oh..." Nerassus clicks his tongue. "Well that's useful in itself no? I mean, if he'll be bringing his full force to bear on the first and most convenient target, then a two-pronged assault could maybe... hrm."

"Yes. That was a plan some of them settled on. Unfortunately, I couldn't drum up support for further research or acquisition of tartarus. Broaching the subject became... difficult with the tyrant's avatar present." Petr shakes her head. "But we've worked hard on our own in the past, so we can work hard on our own in the future. For now, we should first take a moment to send out our own support to the efforts of these new divine."

"Really? You did not seem all that impressed..."

"Yes, but what they are doing is beneficial to the world and mortals. Of course we have to offer up our assistance."

Spoiler: Hinder: Ka'al Russ
    Show
    -2 Healing: The timepiece can adjust it's chronologic powers to restore a physical body to a prior state. Usually this would be a help, ut as the effect runs counter to the mutation and insanity domains, this ends up a hinder.

Spoiler: Help: Melwas
    Show
    +2 Justice: Nerassus weaves his domain into a framework to support the concept itself. This takes his full domain, and so Nerassus's divinity is otherwise inaccessible to mortals. This framework allows each god to set up his or her own rules for how their divine power may be accessed, allowing gods to appoint popes to determine true believer, or create rites to invoke particular expressions of power.

Deific Magic of Petr:

+2 Water: Petr's domain of water grants practitioners the ability to alter weather. Performing a ritualistic song and dance can call forth or banish rain and storms.

+1 Rainbow/+2 Healing: Petr's domain of healing and rainbows combine to create a green thumb. By calling on this expression, one may conjure forth all kinds of flowers.

+1 Purity: The third and final expression of Petr is the ability to purify. Through ritualistic prayer and cleansing, one may purify anything from anything else. Poison or disease, or anything in between.

Spoiler: Help: Xeema
    Show
    +1 Medics/+2 Healing: Petr dispatches a small force of exceptional aquamancer healers to support their espionage efforts. They primarily support by healing those hurt on excursions, providing food and water, and using non-magical, "acceptable" healing techniques to earn support from locals.

Spoiler: Help: Kalani
    Show
    +2 Moon/+2 Justice: The fae are in many ways similar to the Mon'Dai. And so, it's a simple thing to allow Fae to bind their spirituality to love they have created, equalizing the two, and thus making their strength and vitality become synchronized to this love.

Spoiler: Help: Dulnori
    Show
    +2 Justice/+1 Medics: Nerassus orders his hunters guilds scattered across Axia to offer Dulnori's crusade their support, giving Dulnori's army access to his scouts, spies, hunters and healers.

Spoiler: Help: Xinnies
    Show
    +2 Water: The Gleipnir, massive as they are, are given a boon in Aquamancy, allowing thm to easily weave spells that will allow them to keep afloat on water, and keep boats from sinking. This aquamantic skill extends to all Aquamancy, though it's primary purpose is to make them better sailors.

+2 Moon: The Gleipnir are given an inherent, manaless conjuration all their own. The capability to create small moons, meteors, that strike the ground and explode in spiritual energy. Stronger Gleipnir may even make these minimoons wholly solid.

+2 Justice: Nerassus ties the Gleipnir's power to Xinnies's concepts of nobility. These giants grow stronger the closer their behaviour is to the ideals of nobility. The strongest of Gleipnirs are emperors, if not in land, then at least in spirit.

As Nerassus and Petr work to finalize their offerings of support to the other divinities, a sudden sense of... wrongness fills the room. One of the walls of the room suddenly begins to bleed. Thick, crimson fluid spilling out of the stonework. As the blood flows downwards, it begins to form letters, which soon form words. Which soon forms

The Celestial Brain

A study into the brains of the Celestial species, their conscience, and the link between the physical brain and their spiritual power.

By Telomere Moryi, of the ICA Institute of physiological studies

Spoiler: Blood Help for the Magnum Opus:
    Show
    +2 Blood: Having heard of Nerassus's plans to create a book of knowledge, Swiftpaw has decided to give Nerassus exactly what he wanted, and thus sends over all the bloody details of Jeanne's vivisection.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler: Hinder Tyrant
    Show

-2 Fortune: The burning hate are uniquely vulnerable to the powers of fortune, when applied by dragon or man. Their destiny is malleable, and easy to drive to ruin.
    -2 Ambition: Though a difficult fight, their strength will only inspire a greater response from the divine creatures of the world. Minions that kill these insects will increase in power, the victory cemented into their soul.
    -2 Harken Steppe: Creatures of Titan blood are cursed in the Harken Steppe, and these pests are thus cursed twice. Already slowed down, moving through the steppe will require massive effort and the weaker mosquitos will often die of exhaustion.
    -1 Dreams: The coming of the burning hate is precipitated by nightmares, clear and obvious ones that cannot be ignored. The severity is based directly on the strength and cruelty of Tempe individual insect. Without secrecy to cloak their actions, mortals will know easily when they are being driven to hatred artificially.
    -1 Sailing: Ships are warded against the attack of the Burning hatred.
    -1 Symbiosis: The burning hate will be plagued by parasitic infection. They will pick up small commensal organisms, like mites, from mortals they interact with, which will turn parasitic and drive them mad with pain and itchiness.
    -2 Energy: Fire is energy, and fire is malleable. By Enota’s will, the burning hatred are subject to pyromancy, with all the implications that means.

Spoiler: Help Melwas
    Show

The Golden dragon’s already have the power to wield Dulnori’s divine domains, now under their tutelage mortals will do similar. These powers depend on devotion, the greatest practitioners are those who balance glory and honor. These powers are regulated by the consensus of the Golden dragons, who decide who is worthy of them, and who deserves to have them taken away.
    +2 Fortune: The chief aspect to be shared, the power that the dragons have over luck, success, accident, and of course the ability to divine the future through games.
    +1 Dream: With this aspect, sleeping mortals will be able to enter other’s dreams.
    +2 Ambition: The Golden dragons are well known as great teachers and masters, and mortals will be able to speak with their special tongues. With this aspect, a mortal is able to communicate a skill to someone else much more rapidly than usual, to make the weak into the strong.

Spoiler: Help Xinnies
    Show

+1 symbiosis: Like with Davy their conscience takes on a life of its own as a little worm. They will discourage cruelty and malicious behavior, and dispense positive advice. Acts of evil will hurt and eventually kill the worm, which will weaken the Gleinpnir as a whole and severely limit their unique powers.
    Last edited by flyinglemur; 2020-09-06 at 07:04 AM.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Help for Kalani
    Show
    + 2 Soul: The Fae are given the ability to see into people's souls to better understand them and what they really wish for in a lover.
    + 2 Life: People brought together by Fae are given a temporary boost of life force, making them feel better and more energetic for a while.

Spoiler: Help for Dulnori
    Show

+ 2 Life / + 2 Death: Ymon-Thal slightly twists the scales of life and death, making the Tyrant's forces more likely to die and their opponents more likely to live.

Spoiler: Help for Xinnies
    Show
    + 2 Body: Ymon-Thal strengthens the Gleipnir's already impressive physique further.
    + 1 Balance: Despite their size, Gleipnir will be remarkably agile and graceful.

17. - Top - End - #587
    Orc in the Playground

Avestra, Sunset Forest, Ebonbark Bay

Avestra soared over her familiar forest, letting the treetops brush against the underside of her wings. The advance of Petr's forces had ensured that the frontline in Tria was pushed back far from the borders of Sunset Forest. All the same, the Crow People remained on edge, having seen false dawns before. That was probably for the best, Avestra decided, given that the war was nowhere close to over. Perhaps by helping her fellow deities, she could accelerate the outcome.

Spoiler: Hinder Tyrant
    Show
    Hinder Tyrant with +2 Nature and +1 Reproduction. The Burning Hatred will be cursed with the poor eyesight and general stupidity of mosquitoes, therefore occasionally turning on their own side by mistake, consuming Tyrant soldiers and other humans indiscriminately. In their adult form, spontaneous combustion will be an ever-present risk. Their reproduction will be a dangerous affair, often resulting in the fiery destruction of all involved.

Show
    Help Melwas to create Deific Magic with +2 Birds:

Magnetoreception, practised by Crow and Owl devotees as well as the Gleinpnir, this form of magic allows the user to navigate with magnetic fields as birds do. The user will perceive a filter over their vision which roughly points north and can be switched on and off at will.

Spoiler: Help Xeema
    Show
    Help Xeema clear Helvang and Hajoe with +2 People of the Wing. A number of Owl Cultists from Morganada will join the fight as a guerilla army, ambushing the Tyrant's forces in deserted locations. They will also gain a small number of converts during their struggle.

Spoiler: Help Kalani
    Show
    Help Kalani create the Fae with +2 Nature and +1 Reproduction. Along with those who tend to the love lives of sapient mortals, there will also be a small number of fae who will attempt to crossbreed closely related animals and plants in order to create rare hybrids. These wilderness-dwelling fae will have a fierce rivalry with the Dustborn, who they will compete for territory with.

Spoiler: Help Xinnies
    Show
    Help Xinnies create the Gleinpnir with +2 Nature and +2 Birds. As beings who live in tune with nature, treewhispering will come particularly naturally to the giants, particularly those arts which involve birds. Those which honour Avestra will be able to use magnetoreception abilities to navigate (see above).
    Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-09-08 at 04:42 PM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Tyrant
    Show

-2 knowledge: the parasites will have no true understanding of mortals, they will constantly underestimate them and make boneheaded mistakes in their manipulations plans

Spoiler: Xeem
    Show

+2 knowledge: One problem the forces of Valrygrade, Helvang and Hajoe is that they lack a Navy. They cannot attack as the ships from the sea help destroy their forces on the beaches after everything even the gods blessing all seems lost…

Then the legendary sailor Mast from Uyellic arrived in the nick of time blasting tyrant ships out of the sea. Luckily Graw bestowed the knowledge of battle onto the brave captain so he could swoop in and save the day and to supply the natives to help drive tyrants forces off the island.

Spoiler: Ymon-Thal
    Show

+ 2 Knowledge: the REAL knowledge of God will jampacked this hive minds with vast arrays of intelligence

Spoiler: Kalani
    Show

+1 singing: the voices will have made an amazing beauty to them. Making it easy for them tto become excellent singers

Spoiler: Nerassus
    Show

+2 knowledge, +2 mining, and +2 architecture: the book will have information on many different types of rocks and the best ways to build structures.
    +1 Writing: this book will have many different languages on it allowing it to be read by multiple different cultures.

Spoiler: Dulnori
    Show

+2 knowledge: the resistance will be alerted about the appending attack by Dulnori followers and they will strike accordingly.

Spoiler: Avestra
    Show

+2 mining: the Cavins of the land will be on the ant people’s side as they battled the fearsome tyrant

Spoiler: Melwas
    Show

Channeling the power of Graw will give you his power.
    +2 knowledge: Those who tap into Graw knowledge will be given untold knowledge of in area, people, nature, science, and anything else they want to learn. But to use this magic you must give knowledge in return so others who tap into this power can learn as well.
    +2 Mining, +architecture: channeling this power will allow them to basically become Earth benders allowing to mold the rock into whatever they want.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Actual Expressions to be determined at a later point

+2 Trickery

Rather than breaking the barrier between mortals and gods entirely (which would be incredibly difficult and hazardous for all parties) Kalani tries to direct the energies of this new divine law to work around it; to slip some power past the barrier, and grant it to the mortal as if it were standard sorcery.

+1 Adaptation

While Expressions are primarily determined by the god they are drawn from, but they will also adapt somewhat to the wielder's needs and personality.

+1 Beauty

When a channeler's power is being used, you know what they are. You can see it in the user as plain as day, as if looking at the diety themselves as they work. It is awe-inspiring.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #590
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ymon-Thal (80 AP)

(1d20+11)[25]

Petr (102 AP)

(1d20+18)[35]

Su'ule (80 AP)

(1d20+6)[20]

Avestra (92 AP)[/b]

(1d20+22)[33]

Grawissen (82 AP)

(1d20+8)[21]

Dulnori (82 AP)

(1d20+26)[40]

Ka'al Russ (80 AP)

(1d20+11)[26]

Melwas (88 AP)

(1d20+52)[70]

Kalani (86 AP)

(1d20+26)[44]

Xeema (94 AP)

(1d20+22)[25]

Xinnies (82 AP)

(1d20+26)[33]

21. - Top - End - #591
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ymon-Thal (64 AP): the new advanced magic of the hive mind has been hooked up.

Petr (88 AP): Nerassus's Magnum Opus has finally been crafted. may it bring great wisdom.

Su'ule (68 AP): the war machines, the death of bots Now have a new purpose in life

Avestra (76 AP): The AntFolk will rise up in rebellion and the Kingdom of Samara wwill be born

Grawissen (64 AP): The Athe will rise and bring about a new civilization

Dulnori (62 AP): The Dragonblood Crusade was a huge success, pushing out much of the forces off the floating consonant.

Ka'al Russ (64 AP): Ka'al Russ now has a weapon over time.

Melwas (68 AP): mortals now can call upon the powers of the Gods

Kalani (66 AP): Kalani finally has some little friends in the form of the Fae

Xeema (76 AP) : after the cost of many lives tyrants men are finally out of Helvang and Hajoe. And to a greater extent the tainted lands of the whole

Xinnies (62 AP) : the Gleipnir are born from the God King’s image

Tyrant (215- 140) The Burning Hatred will plague the mortals for years to come. Unfortunately for tyrant he is seriously losing control of the situation at this point. This mean the planet will finally be at peace.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2020-09-12 at 01:31 PM.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

[The Godsmoot]
    Collab - doc link

As the Armies of the Gods marched against the Tyrant, Ka’al Russ made a decision, Nerassus or Petr, or whatever that justice gods name was had not gotten back to him about the reclamation. He’d invite him to Lanka, to discuss. But as he wrote the letter, a Boy who he’d taken a liking to transcribing it, another idea came to him. Why not invoke all the gods, and formalize a method of dealing with the problem at their hands. The Mad God laughed before dictating more letters to his servant, each carefully worded to maximize the chance of getting the respective God to come.

================================================== ===================
    Kalani
    Dearest Fae Mother,

As a goddess of love, it must be dreadfully lonely. No one to match you, to bring love to others but not having one of your own. How about you come to Lanka soon. I’m throwing a little party for those like us, and perhaps you could meet someone there?

Yours in good will,
    A Friend

Kalani would find this letter on her pillow the next time the Goddess rested, almost like a love letter.
    Avestra
    Greetings Bird-Queen,

I see you have taken actions against the Tyrant, and you have my eternal support. I wished to invite you to a war council, so we may discuss how to bring down this Enemy, and give you your lands back.

Yours in good will,
    An Admirer of your Work

The letter would appear to Avestra in the shape of a paper crane, unfolding itself when she grasped it.

Ymon-Thal
    Greetings Twinfold Lords
    Shall we extend our collaboration once more? Meet me again upon Lanka, so we may speak of the future. The artifact you helped me create sings to me of futures that will be made strong by your aid. Bring your demi-gods, they were interesting last time.

Yours in good will,
    A colleague

This letter would be taken to the passing, by binding it to the heart of a dying man so that Ymon-Thal would be able to receive it.

Grawissen
    Boned One,

Come to Lanka once more if you will? There are discussions that must be had. I do hope our last….disagreement about my mother, has no repercussions on the chances of you attending our war council? Bring that funny three horn if you wish. His antics bring us up here great amusement.

Yours in good will,
    An Orphan

One of the Terrors would receive this letter with orders to carry it straight to Grawissen.
    Dulnori
    Hail Yir-Slayer,

We have not talked, but I would like to invite you to a war council on Lanka. You have seen the depredations of the Tyrant as well as I have, and there is much we could discuss. Any God who was powerful enough to murder my great-grandfather is worth having an alliance with.

Yours in good will,
    An ally

One of the Dragons would receive this letter from his servant, who when questioned, would be unable to remember where he got it from.

Petr
    Greetings Lawgiver,

The Crimes of the Tyrant are too heavy to tolerate. I invite you to join me upon Lanka’s highest tower, and speak on how we may bring him to justice. Please bring no more than three people, one of which is preferably a foot soldier in your armies. Together we will liberate the lands.

Yours in good will,
    A Judge

The letter would appear the same place that the last one did.
    Su’ule
    Greetings Matron of Monsters,

I wish to invite you to come once more to Lanka for more serious talks, instead of screaming about butter.

Yours in good will
    A Father

One of the Black Horn dragons turned into Nameless would fly this letter to Su’ule

Melwas
    Greetings Slumbering One,

It is time to wake from your nap. The world is changing and us new gods must seize the day. Come to Lanka so we may discuss how we can profit from all the turmoil around us. Bring along the soul of that sacrificed man please, his ambition amused me as much as his death did.

Yours in good will,
    A sibling

A man was sacrificed to Melwas, carrying this letter on his body so that it would reach the God.
    Xeema
    Greetings Squirrel Trickster,

Your antics have proven amusing, and I quite enjoy those of your followers as well. Come to Lanka, if you wish to meet with the rest of us Gods, and discuss how we may play better tricks upon the Tyrant himself.

Yours in good will,
    A Stranger

A Squirrel Automatron would bring the letter to Xeema before falling apart.

================================================== ===================

After sending these letters out, Ka’al Russ would fill a glass of wine for himself with one hand, and with the other set up a circular table with a map of the world floating upon it. He’d take a seat at the head of the table, as the host with his powerless Boy standing next to him, waiting for his guests to arrive.

###

The first to arrive was Avestra, who swept in through the open window in the form of a giant falcon. She perched on the nearest seat, tilting her head.

“Greetings,” she said. “I don’t believe we’ve been introduced.”

Ka’al Russ would indicate a bow without getting up, gently nodding his head. Noises from the Lankan populace were almost null this high up, but with her godly hearing if she focused, she could hear wonders and horrors. She heard a blind and dumb baby be given sight and speech, while her father paid for the procedure by literally giving up a limb. She’d hear a scientist working day and night to find a cure for his ailing mothers disease, and the tortured mewls of the lab rats he tested on.

“Ka’al Russ. It is a pleasure to finally meet you. Please, ask for anything you’d like from my Servant, he’ll get it to you. I doubt that chair is very comfortable for a falcon,”

“Avestra,” the bird goddess said, ruffling her feathers. “A t-shaped perch, if you wouldn’t mind,” she added.

Next came Kalani. Her moves bore the smooth grace and beauty that her title would suggest, and she gave the already present deities a friendly wave. She was a beautiful woman around an ordinary human's size, with pointed ears. No two people (or gods, she supposed) would see her precisely the same beyond that; she looked like the ideal lover, a perfect friend. She would have a lot of fun trying to guess what they were seeing.

"I confess myself at a loss for protocol." She glanced between the bird goddess and the mad fleshshaper, a confident yet warm and friendly smile on her face. "Kalani, Goddess of Love."

Behind Kalani the air grew dark as myriad motes of light winked into existence like a field of emerald stars. One by one the lights winked out til only one remained, the light glinting off Xeema’s eyepatch from under her hood as she stepped out of the shadows. The Thief-god of Foresight resembled a young woman, clad in grey leathers and wearing a green squirrelfur trimmed cloak. “Is there truly a protocol between Gods,” Xeema said as she walked past Kalani. “If so, then I suppose that Tyrant has much to learn.” She smiled warmly as she waved her hand as a Sicurin wearing the salvaged bits of the mechanical squirrel like armor climbed up her arm and perched in her open palm. “I am Xeema.”

Avestra nodded in greeting to her two fellow goddesses. To her eyes, Kalani resembled a young woman from the south of Kanweland, dressed in a robe made of raven feathers. Her flattened nose and firm brow suggested a hint of distant Neanderthal ancestry, perhaps a long lost cousin of her beloved Crow.

The room's floorboards creaked uneasily. Wisps of smoke rose from the cracks, steadily coagulating into a vaguely humanoid form. Four clawed arms, two white eyes that burned like stars. Not Melwas. A Dreg. Just another one of his rueful messengers. It looked suspiciously at the assembled deities and appeared to almost recoil in shock when it laid eyes on Kalani.

But it steeled itself, apparently catching wise to the phenomenon at play. It gave a strange quiver, either in fear or disgust, before finally speaking.

"I am Chrysogonus. I speak and listen for Great Melwas, the Lord Unchanging. Proceed as you would."

Chrysogonus withdrew his arms into himself until he was little more than a ghostly blob. And then he slithered to some dark corner of the room, roosting there quite a generous distance from the gods. Chrysogonus was evidently unfamiliar with all but one of those assembled - save for Avestra, who he occasionally watched with something akin to jealousy in his eyes.

The boy would walk off and come back with a Perch bigger than he was. Poor child was clearly struggling with it, but eventually he would manage to bring it over and put it down where Avestra could perch herself upon it.

To Ka’al Russ, Kalani looked like…she twisted from a test subject to a version of him, her features constantly shifting. It was quite interesting, and he made a note to himself to try and make an automatron or a person with similar abilities. “Ah protocol. My dear friends, while you are in my tower, treat it as if it is your home. So do relax. Take a bite to eat if you’d like?” He said before acknowledging Xeema and Chrysogunus.

“Out of curiosity squirrel god? How long did my automatron last? It was supposed to carry my reply back to me,” The boy looked up at this, hoping to see if his robot did its job correctly.

“Long enough.” Xeema smirked.

“Chrysogonus. Welcome,” If it wasn’t Melwas, he’d have taken it as an insult. However, his portfolio demanded the lord stay in his area, so he didn’t take it as one.

Avestra grunted something of thanks to the serving boy, before weighing up the other guests. She didn't recognise Chrysogonus but something in the way he occasionally glanced at her suggested the reverse was not true.

Never one for dramatic entrances, Ymon-Thal simply manifested between one moment and the next, appearing in the middle of the gathered gods, joined on either side by Thal-Verys and Ymon-Desha.

"Hello", Ymon said enthusiastically and waved his hand. "So many new faces!" He turned to Thal. "Are they new faces?"

Thal looked around the room. "Indeed they are. So many new ones here, so many old ones not. Curious."

Suddenly everyone was interrupted by a glowing flash of green light. There stood Grawissen, who looked extremely overworked. ““I am sorry that I’m late, this tyrant business has me bouncing around the lot.” he looked around at the various faces, noticing figures he had not met before.“”I take it that you were the energies I felt.” He asked the newcomers. “What beings are you?

The Dreg repeated his introduction in answer to Grawissen, and to the benefit of the Ymon-cabal. Though he did not sound overly pleased to do so. “I am Chrysogonus. I speak and listen for Great Melwas, the Lord Unchanging.”

Kalani curtsied towards Grawissen. “Gods and goddesses, I assume like you.” She put an arm around Xeema’s shoulder. "This one and our esteemed host put a bit of their power towards my darling Fae." She winked. "Thanks for that, both of you."

###

“Since we are… mostly here,” Avestra said, ruffling her feathers, “should we get down to discussing the matter of the war against the Tyrant?”

“By their presence here, you should know they are gods, Bone-Lord. In any case, we are missing the Judger and My Grandfathers Slayer. But if they aren’t going to come, we may as well begin. First order of business...land division of conquered places,” Ka’al was going through the minor things first, building up to the final thing about how exactly they were going to hurt the tyrant.

Kalani raised an eyebrow. “Uh… shouldn’t the first order of business be… ya know… defeating the Tyrant before we worry about how his lands would be divided?” She didn’t voice her concern over the notion of dividing it between them in the first place.

“Perhaps Fae-Mother. But what happens when we win? The tyrant is foolish, you’ve seen his latest creations. The future shows his neutralization as a guarantee, be it through his death or merely his imprisonment. But they also show that without an agreement on how we divide the spoils of war, we fall apart like mortal warlords,”
    Ka’al Russ said in reply to Kalani before continuing.
    “Worry not. That is on the agenda. My proposition is simple. Keep what your armies take. Any objections?”

“An occupying army does not automatically make for a converted population,” Avestra said, tilting her head. “My followers in Kanweland have an interest in Thorgan and the Isle of Torin. Otherwise, I ask that my followers are left alone to practice their faith in peace.”

Su’ule came into the God’s Moot tardy. “I apologize for my tardiness.” Su’ule stated. “I have over heard some of the opening discussion.”
    “Why not just restore everything to the way things were?”

Kalani shrugged. “Xeema, Ka’al and I weren’t here.”

“And while Tyrant in his hubris is almost fated to lose, we must also acknowledge in defeating him we may change Oerth irrevocably.” Xeema added, “To just revert all that is done will undo the potential growth of mortals and erase the hardships they endured.”

“I see.” Su’ule states simply. “With the disappearance of Valrion, perhaps the Promised Land is a good place to start for this discussion then.”

“I plan on taking the rest of the Promised Land. Lanka is merely my staging point. However, if someone manages to drive the Tyrant out of any cities upon it, those are theirs if what I suggested is accepted,”** Ka’al gestured toward His city. **”In any case, if we revert things to how they were, it is not fair for the rest of us newer gods. My worshippers will not throw their lives away for that,”** Finally he looked at Avestra before nodding his head. **”That is the conqueror’s problem is it not? If they cannot handle the populace, that’s a shame. I’d like to cut you a deal though. You help me drive the invaders off the continent, and my Worshippers will aid you in taking Thorgan and the Isle,”

"Provided that Cloud Forest remains untouched by mortal hands, that deal is acceptable to me," Avestra replied.

Ymon-Thal watched the others, one of him with the expression of a gleeful child, the other about as joyful as a tombstone. None of him spoke.

"The Yith have lost all their lands in Tria. We intend to reclaim them", Ymon-Desha said. "With interest."

Su’ule would grin if she was in a Human form. “I will happily lend some support if the war in Axia goes well. The Promised Land may not be for my people but they are neighbors, after all.”

I had hoped I wouldn’t need to get involved in this ridiculous meeting, but it looks like clarifications are in order.” The worm crawls out of the wall, evidently annoyed. “First of all, Avestra don’t listen to this pretender. My forces have already moved to deal with the Tyrant invasion and they will be taken care of shortly. Your forest will be untouched and I swear on that, despite our differences I think you know I don’t break promises. Secondly, the promised land doesn’t and will not belong to you Ka’al. I took a little look over your stolen city as I came here, and it’s just a reign of blood and death. It’s sad you take more after your great-grandfather than your grandfather. So in the name of dead Valrion,,” Here Dulnori’s voice broke for a moment, “I cannot allow for such a conquest.

Su’ule looked towards the deity who just spoke. “Are things really that bad with Ka’al’s cities?”
    “I may be a goddess, but I don’t get out of the North very often.”

Su’ule, my good friend, he has built a cult of human sacrifice, and the true names of mortals are annihilated. People are used as tools, and those who reject this order have their minds broken.

Kalani’s eyes flashed, and for a moment her serene smile broke.

“Ka’al, is this true?” Su'ule asked.

“After I awoke, I felt someone, well someone other than Tyrant, tightening their grip on the minds of mortals,” Xeema said, her gaze turning to Ka’al, “then silence among many, madness among others.”

“To gleefully spread death and insanity among mortals is anathema,” Chrysogonus intoned, flatly, as if stating a universal fact. “But that is not the purpose of this… Moot. If Ka’al displeases you, destroy him. Otherwise, be mindful only of your own affairs.”

An attempted conquest of allied land concerns me directly, and for that matter, he clearly intended this meeting to try and establish a claim to it.

“I refer to your apparent dislike for the Mad-God’s conduct. The issue of the land, I suppose, is another matter.”

I’ve made my vows in centuries past and must give proper due to the dead, his conduct is of major importance. If you cannot see that, then you have blinded yourself.

“Ah, I see.” Chrysogonus said, and his eyes flicked between Dulnori and Ka’al, before finally settling on Dulnori once more. “Then you should destroy him.”

If it’s necessary, I will.

Chrysogonus fell silent at that. And yet it was clear he was pleased with that answer.

A pool of water manifests itself on the floor, out of which steps an elderly human woman. Black hair streaked with silver of old age. A cloak of soft earthen browns and greens. She carries a simple staff made from a naturally grown branch, inlaid with a pearl at the tip. She is followed by two more individuals. Another human woman, with olive-tan skin and a suit of armour emblazoned with the office of First Justice field captain. The other individual is a monkey-like Celestial. Though taller than both, his head is cast low and he wears a simple suit of leather armour. In his hands is a spear, and on his shoulder is a Mon’Dai’Lys. “I have arrived, as was requested.” Petr’s avatar inclines her head slightly. ”With me are Na’uele, who delivered to me the message, and Daishi, one of the soldiers who liberated Port Kelpvine.”

Chrysogonus observed this entrance with muted distaste. “You are late.”

"Greetings," Avestra said to Petr, nodding her head in acknowledgement, before adding, "if the Promised Land is contested territory then that will… complicate things."

Petr gives Chrysogonus a disdainful glance. ”And who are you to demand when and where I make my appearance?” She then offers Avestra a nod as way of greeting. ”It’s good to see you, though your latest trick has been almost as troublesome for my troops as for the Tyrant.”

Chrysogonus narrowed his eyes at Petr. “I am punctual.”

”That is not an answer child.” Petr tsks softly. ”And also quite irrelevant, as punctuality requires me to give prior agreement to attend this meeting.” Snapping a finger, Petr conjures up a small piece of what appears to be parchment, though with a surface of rippling water and letters of seafoam. ”But yes, this is not why we’re here. I came here first and foremost to enlighten you all as to a weakness of the Tyrant.”

"I do agree with..." Thal paused and Ymon looked at Chrysogonus and scratched his head. "...with this thing in one regard. Most of us here disagree on many things. We will never follow each other's rules. The only goal we all share is to defeat a common enemy and if that is not the purpose of this meeting, I see little point to it."

Thal-Verys and Ymon-Desha exchanged a look, less sure than their god about leaving mortals at the mercy of whatever god happened to be near.

Thal-Verys you’ve got a good head on your shoulders.

###

Kalani cleared her throat, and stepped closer to the table. "We can discuss matters of who ‘gets’ what when the Tyrant is no longer a threat. I came into being in Kalth, and can attest personally to the Tyrant's... frankly atrocious behavior, beliefs, and actions and manners as well as his apparent desire to simply remove any trace of divine worship.

"He is open and ruthless in his hatred of the gods. He is immature and self-serving. He delights in suffering and cruelty for its own sake. Personal insults drive him to immediate and direct action." She patted her chest. "The only reason my legend survived long enough to birth me is that it had no involvement from the divine. That will not last.

"He must either be turned to work with us - an outcome I find unlikely, but will pursue in any case - or removed. He is a threat to us all."

Dulnori looked at Kalani up and down, “It’s good to know his personality, did you go straight into his brain, or did you burrow into his ear canal first? Both seem like they’d be easy with your form, it’s very well designed.

Maybe it was Dulnori's imagination, but at those words, Kalani seemed to turn a bit, letting him get a much better look at her form. "Why thank you, sweetie. I think I can be quite the charmer when I want to be." Kalani gave him a flirtatious wink. "Come visit sometime and I can tell you all about it~"

He was not imagining it.

Ka’al Russ’s form would ripple with enjoyment as Dulnori made his threats. This meeting had been going far too smoothly for his own liking, and the God had fixed that. While death was merely another adventure, it was not one he was quite prepared to take yet. Perhaps in another age, but not just yet. He gestured to Kalani and Su’ule with a smile, saying to both of them, “We all have our portfolios. I am as I am. I ask none of you to change who you are, but to ask the same of me is a bit unfair no? In any case, Yes. People get sacrificed in Lanka. They are then given new forms. Lanka is to be a place where people are unrestrained, to create and destroy as they wish. Mortals are truly free here, with no laws that cannot be weaseled out of. Is having their souls crushed by laws and rules any better than what I offer? I take no handling in my Childrens Day to Day affair in any case,”

You built the system that empowers the slaughter, so the blood is on your hands. And a god can change easily, more than easily than a mortal can, you are what you are by decision not by nature.

The urge to get into a debate on philosophy was strong, but he had the feeling those around him would be less likely to take this seriously if the host himself downed himself to that. Instead he merely smiled at Dulnori and turned his hands red with stained blood. “I will accept that, if it means we can get on with the Moot,” Ka’al Russ then coughed. Of course as a god, he didn’t actually need to cough. It was more to get attention. “Very well then. By popular opinion, we shall move on to the actual reason we are here. Methods of dealing with the Tyrant. My people have a project in the works to disable the Tyrants death-robots that should be coming out soon. When it is finished, I will have Nameless distribute them. Is anyone in objection to this?”

Dulnori nods, “If you want to give me gifts go ahead, but don’t blame me if you don’t like how they get used.

“Destroy the awful things for all I care,” Avestra agreed.

“If they could be salvaged, figuratively speaking, then there might be something to be gleaned from them” Xeema added.

After the gods gave their answers, Ka’al Russ would continue. At the same time, the Boy would do what he was ordered, trying to get the soldier to come to a back room so they could discuss something away from the prying eyes of the Gods.

###

“Now then, from the Tyrant's behavior, I do not believe he has the capacity to destroy us directly. Or he is waiting for something, before capturing us. He has shown that he certainly has the raw power to. Its also been shown that while his forces are decent at taking lands, they are horrid at keeping them. My belief is we should bait them. Let them conquer a tract of land that we have no use for, by making it seem like a point of weakness. Then we do a two fold strike. One upon the Tyrant’s own lands with the majority of our free forces, and the second upon the gathered army. Among us all, we should have more than he has. Opinions?”

“Might I suggest south-east Axia?” Avestra ventured. “I don’t believe any of us has a particular interest in the region and it could be seen as a viable stepping stone to the rest of the continent. Once the Tyrant’s forces have landed there, then we strike.”

I’d rather not take the chance that they burn Al-Estria, I rather like that city myself.

Daishi notices the boy beckoning him over. He whispers something to Na'uele before following after him.

Thal-Verys spoke up for the first time during the meeting. "Another alternative might be the Eye of the Worlds. The Tyrant has already tried to conquer it once and it has the double advantage of having no population to protect while the Yithal and Lord Ymon-Thal are both strong there."

Now that’s a better idea, much more fitting for a glorious battle.

“Likewise, the Eye of the Worlds is uncomfortably close to the Kingdom of Samara,” Avestra pointed out. “There is the risk that the Tyrant would try to use Samara as a stepping stone towards reaching the island. Fifty leagues north of Al-Estria should be a perfectly sufficient distance to avoid damaging the city.”

And if they start south and then move north? The problem is the same.

Ka’al Russ would nod at Ymon-Thal. “The Eye of Worlds is perfect. While it may be close, the plan is to drive them out as soon as possible. They won’t be staying there long. Plus the story it’ll make...much of the tyrant’s power comes from how he’s perceived. See how the strength of his aura has diminished? But I suggest we put it up to a vote then,”

“We are not a democracy,” Avestra said, tilting her head.

For once I agree with her,” Dulnori chuckled a little to himself.

“If it is the expressed will of the gods gathered here, then I will accept it,” Avestra said. “On one condition. A portion of the former Empire of the Holy Flame will not be repopulated after the war, but instead set aside as a permanent nature reserve, free from mortals.”

“I agree with Avestra’s terms,” Ka’al Russ said simply before turning to Petr. “You said something about a weakness you found within the Tyrant? I would love to hear it,”

”It would be more apt to say that the weakness is created.” Petr lays out the scroll for all to view. ”You are young, and so I doubt you are aware of how the tyrant came about. It was done through a terrible blood sacrifice which conjured up a prophecy. This prophecy is what gives the tyrant, and those who follow him, a lot of their power. But it also comes with weaknesses that we enacted when the prophecy was first made.” Petr pauses momentarily to gauge the reaction of the others.

Xeema rolled her eye, “I’d rather not just rely upon the whims of prophecy, I prefer to have my own plans.”

Upon Ka’al Russ’s face was mere curiosity, He had yet to hear this so called prophecy, and in his working of his device to be.

”Prophecies have a lot of power. It’s what brought the tyrant out in the first place after all. During the creation, certain weaknesses were built into this same weave. And though it very much won’t be the only method of defeating him, you’ll find that, when the time comes, a small, closely knit band will have a much easier time striking down the tyrant. But for now, I wish to draw your attention to a new metal that was also created as part of the prophecy. It’s a peculiar, almost black metallic compound. Strangely cool to touch. But most importantly, this “tartarus” metal negates the blood sorcery that the tyrant’s forces use.”

Now that? That brought out Ka’al Russ’s attentions. While people of his city had found out about this metal, he for some reason or other hadn’t yet. “How does it negate it? And what about permanent changes wrought by blood sorcery?”

”Think of it in how the oily feathers on a duck repel water. Something in the metal diverts the blood sorcery energies. It’ll do nothing to changes already enacted from what we’ve discovered. But, blood sorcery directed towards the metal will be diverted away from it. Enough force can overcome this resistance, and the metal is very rare, so far we’ve only been able to use a few medallions to test with. But even a small medallion directs away all unfocused attacks.”

“Energy is energy, if this metal redirects blood magic energies,” Xeema said. “Where does it send it? What is the point of draining Tyrant if it births an even greater threat?”

“Do you have any in your possession Judge? I would like to toy with it if so,” Of course, he could just get some from someone in his city, but Ka’al Russ had never been one for patience.

Graw took his siblings arguing in. he then decided to chime in “I have two... forces battling... Tyrant’s on me as... we speak… Graw said as he threw down a map of the world. “Cheek’s is the leading... the Council... against Tyrant... on the stricken lands... and in Tria. a long forgotten people... the Athe are battling tyrant’s forces with guerrilla warfare... as well... We must organize our... armies together to…”

Suddenly an explosion of blood bursted out from the floor. When the blood dissipated there stood a familiar and frightening face. ”Hello heretics!" The smug Tyrant yelled,”how's it going being false idols?" he said as he sat down.

###

Thal held out his hand and suddenly a small orb, seemingly composed of bright light and lightning, appeared above it. "Do you know what this is, little tyrant? This is the soul of Yir. What is left of it anyway. He too thought he was above the rest of us."

"Hey Yir!" Ymon said, looking at the orb. "What happened when you were a jerk to everyone else?" He leaned closer to the orb, holding his hand to his ear as if listening to it. "Oh. Uh-huh. I see." Ymon stood up and faced the Tyrant. "Good news! He says being torn to shreds feels great and that you'll totally enjoy it!"

Thal almost smiled. "We were here long before you, little tyrant, and we will be here long after you are gone."

Dulnori crawls onto the projection, and as a hookworm punctures it. He envelops himself completely in the Tyrant’s essence. He hears, “Now I know the feeling of your soul, this will make finding you much easier. Thank you for your contribution to the war effort,” ringing in his head.

Xeema yawned, before adding, “Guys, it’s getting thick in here. If you want to play Biggus Dickus take it to Oerth, where some good might come of it.”

That would be boring though, and besides it’s tradition. I did it to Valrion, and honor says I must do it here.

Ka’al Russ unashamedly does the same trick as Dulnori, seeing the virtue of it. “Welcome to Lanka. May I be entertained as to how you got here? Its always interesting to hear from a fellow immortal,” He walked up as he spoke to the Enemy, and poked the idol, to see if he could take a little bit of whatever blood it was made out of.

“What are you... doing here... monster? Graw growl at the blood god

”Well that's simple, the same reason you're all here… Tyrant mumbled before throwing an arm on the table. The arm itself had weird black blemishes all over it. ”My citizens are dying from this plague and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. The plague is killing humans left and right around the world. Do you know who is responsible?"

That would explain the slight off taste of your blood. It’s frankly really obvious who did that, and if you’re here to complain about demons, then your hypocrisy is astounding.

“We could put blame everywhere. But here’s the fact of the Matter, your Highness. You have two options. You can come to the table as an equal, and stop your delinquency. There won’t be any major attempts on your life, at least not one supported by all of us if you do so. Indeed, I’m sure there’s a few things we could agree upon. I enjoy the concept of your robots, although they could be improved upon. In any case, The other option is that you continue being against us. In which case, you will fall. And if you do, you had best hope that Dulnori or Petr, or anyone else gets to you first. If I get my hands upon you, I have an eternity in the Labs planned for your soul,” To ramp up the intimidation factor, seeing as how the Tyrant already seemed a bit cowed, he split a grin with far too many teeth. It tended to work on the mortals and seeing as how the virus actually impacted the Tyrant, there was something to work with here. Ka’al Russ would hold out his hands, each with its own particular light. His right hands aura would be filled with images of the things he’d do to him, unspeakable acts that would drive a hardened immortal to insanity. Of course, it was an illusion only for the Tyrant to see and it didn’t reflect anything he had in mind on purpose. The left hand would be filled with a healing green light that cured the blemishes on the Avatar for as long as the glow touched him. “So come to the table, or be taken to the grave. Tis your decision,”

"The medicine may not be pleasant," Avestra interjected, her claws digging into her perch. "But in the long run, the Oerth will be a better place having cured the disease."

“Great Melwas does not recognize the Tyrant as an equal, repudiates any attempt to legitimize him as such, and denounces his presence here,” Chrysogonus droned, as if reading from a list. A prepared statement. Had this intrusion been expected? “Great Melwas calls for this meeting to be adjourned and reconvened in a realm the Tyrant may not access.”

Kalani waved at the Tyrant. “Hi honey. We were just talking about you.”

The boy would leave the soldier near his god, before gently tugging on one of the Demi-Gods of Ymon-Thal. He wasn’t sure which was which. “Elder sister? May I speak with you?”

Focusing on the Tyrant, Ymon-Desha didn't notice the boy until he tugged on her armor. She looked down on him. "What? Why? Who are you?" Her eyes narrowed. "What are you?"

“My Master wanted me to talk to you. He’ll explain when we’re around less people,” The boy said before answering her question to the best of his abilities, using as much information as he was currently in possession of. “I am His Servant. My name is,” Ymon-Desha would be able to recognise that the word after it was a name, but as soon as it was spoken, it stopped existing. It had been made taboo to those not entirely Divine. “So can we?”

Ymon-Desha glanced first at the Tyrant and then Ymon-Thal and Thal-Verys. As much as she didn't like to admit it even to herself, if the Tyrant were to try anything it was unlikely she would be able to do anything to stop him that a room full of gods could not.

She looked back at the boy. "Very well. Let's talk."

Tyrant ignored all the other jabbering as he stared directly into Kalani eyes. ”Hi sugarplum!” he said in an extremely happy tone. It seemed like Tyrant became a completely different being, less a genocidal monster but more of a hopeless loving nerd. It was quite weird to everyone else involved. ”Yes whatever you people are saying.” he responded paying Chrysogonus, Ka’al and Avestra no mind.

Kalani blew the Tyrant a kiss. ”We’ll talk later.”

“I dont see what you see in him.” Xeema muttered as she shook her head.

Graw looked at Avestra, as he clenched his fist. “We will discuss... your “cure“... later… he then turned towards Kalani, making the best dumbfounded face a skeleton dinosaur could. “I’ll talk to you... about your ..crush later... as well….

Kalani stuck her tongue out at Graw, a teasing smile on her face. ”Jealousy doesn’t suit you… Grawissen, wasn’t it?”

“This is fast devolving to pointless banter,” Chrysogonus hissed. “If there is nothing more of substance to discuss, and if the Tyrant is not removed, I will rid myself of this place.”

“Are we all agreed on the plan?” Avestra asked, pointedly ignoring Grawissen’s comment.

“We are agreed. I wish you all a good evening,” Ka’al Russ said, clapping his hands so most of the seats disappeared. “I do hope you’ll make yourself a gracious guest and leave when told? These things can be solved on the field of war rather than childishness inside my home. I wish you a good night too, Child-King,” The last part was directed toward the Tyrant. Even though he was an invader, he was still to be treated like a guest for now.

“Insipid...” Chrysogonus muttered. He sunk to the ground, slipping effortlessly through the floorboards, until he was no longer visible.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2020-09-12 at 01:53 PM.

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

[Southern edge of Endless forest - Collab]
    Cheek

Cheek led a vast army of tongues and terrors towards the edge of the endless forest. These lands once belonged to the tongues and terrors. Far away from human settlement, the only contact with humans before was the cult. Cheek road upon his kangaroo and turned towards his army. “Tonight, we take back our lands!” Cheek screamed as he held up his sword. His army cheered in excitement, their battle cry screaming echoing through the valley.

A voice then rang out ”Ah Cheek, still the arrogant little chicken.” Cheeks army grew silent. There excitement was replaced with dread.

Cheek got off his mount and readied his sword. “Where are you coward?”

And then in an explosion of blood. The terrible Tyrant appeared before Cheek. The monster had a **** eating grin on his face. out ”Oh happy days… It’s been so long cheek. How are things going?”

Cheek look at the madman in confusion. “I’m sorry red **** have we met before?” Cheek asked standing there, looking Tyrant it in the eyes. “… I’ve been dead for a long time and I’ve not had the painful experience of talking to you until now.”

Just then a scorpion tail emerged from the ground and stabs Cheek in the arm. “whaaaa…” Cheek started to violently shake before falling to the ground.

” Does that shake your memory?” Tyrant gloated as he retracted his scorpion tail, it disappearing back into his body. ” how about this old goodie in the Starry Crypt when I said Too late, already with my employer but I don’t care about that all I care about now is just KILLING YOU!” Tyrant then slams his foot down onto Cheek’s rib cage, breaking his bones.

Cheek’s eyes widened “You’re one of… One of Julian’s men… Try to kill me the boa jungle… But how?”

Tyrant eyes lit up in glee. ”You do remember…HAHAHAHAHA! Well I could return that favor to you now or…” he then turned towards Cheeks men. ” I could make you suffer like you made me… he then pointed his hand at Cheek’s man.

“No…” Cheek mumbled as he desperately tried to get up and attack tyrant but the poison was too strong.

”HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"That's enough."

The exact moment that Kalani appeared among them wasn't something anyone could really be certain of. One moment, the entire group would've sworn up and down that she wasn't there, but the next their attention was drawn to her as if she were always there. She walks over to the Tyrant, a pitying look in her perfect eyes.

"My poor darling..." She cups his face in one hand. There is a warmth, a comfort to her touch like a warm blanket on a cold night. "I had thought to learn of why Cheek infuriated you so... but I had no idea..."

Tyrant looked at her, sweat coming down his face. ” honey poo what are you doing here? I’m on official business.”

Cheek looked up at this entire thing still unable to move and completely confused. “Um… I take it you one of the new gods?” He asked as he laid on the floor.

Kalani whipped around to glare angrily at Cheek. "Oh you and I will have words later for what you did to my Tyrant, I assure you!"

She turned back to the Tyrant, bringing her other hand up to his face and kissing him. "You ran off from our date when you heard about this man. I decided to look into him, see why he distressed you so..." She pulled him close, eyes locked with his. "I never imagined..."

Cheek would notice, however, something poking insistently at his arm... and looking down would notice a 3 inch tall woman with pointed ears and wings like a butterfly. She was frantically gesturing away from the gods and back towards the nearest group of terrors, a panicked look on her face. Out of the corner of his eye, he would see other tiny women with wings moving closer to him, trying to keep hidden from the Tyrant.

One of the terrors grabbed Cheek and put him on one of the tongues backs. The Army itself was still really confused about the situation but they weren’t going to look a gift horse in the mouth. The Army then slowly started to retreat, trying the best not to be noticed by Tyrant.

” look honey… Tyrant right before kissing her. ” we will talk about this later but right now I need make some cool skull helmets…” He then noticed the entirety of Cheeks army was gone. ”WHERE THE HELL DID THEY GO! Tyrant yelled in petulant anger.

"Stop." Kalani gently directed his face back to hers. "Don't you walk away from me. We're talking about this. Now."

Tyrant then punched her ”YOU DARE GET IN THE WAY OF MY REVENGE! YOU WORM! Tyrant then stopped himself. ”oh… I’m so sorry… tyrant set as he picked it back up. ” I’m sorry something just came over me. Tyrant said desperately not wanting to losing one of his useful pawns.

There's a moment, immediately after the punch lands, where Kalani doesn't move, act, or even think. She just stands there, her head twisted slightly to the side from the force of the blow.

As he gathered her up in his arms, she brought her eyes to meet his, but she didn't say anything.

After a few long moments, the goddess took a deep breath to steady herself. The serene, loving smile she'd always worn in the Tyrant's presence was gone.

She was... well, 'angry' doesn't really cover it, much as a 'light shower' doesn't really cover a Cat 5 hurricane. Hitting her was bad enough. Trying to make such a pathetic excuse as 'something came over me', though, pushed her right into 'absolutely incandescent' territory.

But... more than that, she was disappointed. In the Tyrant, and in herself.

She had thought she could make the Tyrant love her. Truly love her. But like all else in the world, he saw her as simply another toy to take and break at his whim. And though she had known seducing him wouldn't be easy, she had always thought it possible. And maybe it still was.

But there was no way she could allow their relationship to continue with this kind of dynamic. Love was mutual respect, patience, and care. Not ownership.

"That," she growled, her voice low and without room for argument, "was not acceptable."

Tyrant simply looked her in the eyes. His expression going from disappointment as well. He saw the writing on the wall, the con was over. ”Well I guess this relationship is over.” he then started to melt into the ground. ” I guess you only really a hindrance to me, I was a fool to think you were with anything… and with that he disappeared into the ground.

Kalani watched him leave, the barest hint of tears beginning to form. She wasn't sure if they were from failure or heartbreak. "And I was a fool to love you."

Show
    Current AP: 66

Influence continent: Cause a mass desertion among the Tyrant's army, government, and loyal forces
    AP cost: 20
    DC: 16 (I think I've gotten enough aid for it to be over 16 at this point)

+2 Love

Kalani has made it impossible for anyone within the Tyrant's empire to love those loyal to the Tyrant. This blow ruins family ties and relationships across his empire, utterly devastating the morale of his troops and his citizens.

+2 Trickery

The Fae are sent in under cover of night, to guide the Tyrant's men into relationships with those outside of the army. Particularly, they aim to make them fall in love with members of the resistance, and join them. Some of these men simply disappear with their fae companions, never to be found...

The Death-o-Bots prove harder to influence, but Kalani did give them the ability to love, so there is some effectiveness. For the most part the bots tend to follow the Fae that find them as protectors rather than lovers... which for some reason take to calling the big bots 'Daddy'.

+1 Allure

Lovesickness is in the air in the Tyrant's empire; the longing for a romantic partner spreads like wildfire, even moreso than usual.

+1 Beauty

Propaganda flows into the Tyrant's empire, telling his people of lush, beautiful lands past the edges of his territory, and inviting all within the empire a better life elsewhere.

+1 Adaptation

Those who leave the Tyrant's army find it smoother than expected. Sure, going through the wilderness alone while avoiding patrols is no easy task, but they always seem to find a way through... it's remarkably easy.

-2 Lonely

While Kalani does enlist Xeema's help, she isn't used to preventing loves from forming (namely, those relating to the Tyrant) and cannot stop herself from loving him. The act brings her anguish, but she knows that she cannot allow the Tyrant's rule to continue.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2020-10-16 at 08:57 PM.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #594
    Orc in the Playground

Avestra, Marble Palace, Kingdom of Samara

Carried by a northerly wind, Avestra soared up to the Stricken Lands. Her antfolk had risen up, freeing the Kingdom of Samara from the grip of the Tyrant, and were now busy reinforcing the western border in case of any counter attack. She drifted over the Marble Palace, the gleaming building and lush gardens surrounded by several giant concentric rings of mounded dirt, topped with stone battlements. She spotted a glimmer in an apple tree and dived down, finding herself face-to-face with her loyal servant.

"Nice of you to finally drop in," Kismet said, apparently studying a branch held between the toes of his right foot.

"I had an important meeting with the other gods," Avestra said stiffly. "Are the Manushya convinced, then?"

"More or less," Kismet said, shrugging. "Not all of them are that happy about it, but they won't raise their head above the parapets while the war is still ongoing."

"Either they stick to their word, or break it and permit their own destruction. The land is ours either way."

Kismet nodded in agreement. Below them, a few antfolk scurried past in hot pursuit a royal peacock.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" Avestra asked after a pause. Kismet sighed.

"I tried to stay awake, I really did. But after a few centuries, I felt more and more like a jug that had nearly been poured empty. I needed to sleep all the time. The last thing I remember, I was on a ship heading north from Tria and I just decided to rest my eyes until we reached land. Next thing I knew, fifty years had passed and you were back."

"It appears the power I embued you with was not indefinite," Avestra said, tilting her head. "The burst I have given you will hold for a few more centuries, but eventually it will run out again."

"Can you fix that?"

"Yes. But it will not be easy."

Show
    12 AP/8 DC - Immortalise Kismet with:

+2 Nature: Through a sacred nature ritual, Avestra ties Kismet's lifeforce to the Oerth itself. As long as there are still living creatures on the planet, Kismet will never die.

+2 Birds and +1 Sky: All the birds of the sky will gather together in great numbers on each continent to celebrate the granting of Kismet's immortality. This will be noticed by mortals across the world and seen as a good or ill omen, depending on who you ask.

+2 Bargain and +1 Reproduction: There is, however, an exit clause. If Kismet no longer wishes to live, then he can travel to a secret, undisclosed location agreed between him and Avestra, where he will bury himself underneath the soil. After nine months, a new being will emerge with his powers and general temperament but without any of his memories or knowledge. Thus Kismet will be reborn.

Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-09-20 at 10:19 AM.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Central Tarkasha (was formally Simor)

On the edge of the desert up North, a massive wall was being constructed, bones and skeletons of various “unpure” races were embedded in it. A general stood upon the incomplete wall. One of the soldiers looked at his commander, “so this seems like a waste of time.”

“It is not, young one, can you not see the writing on the wall?” the general simply responded.

The soldier looked even more confused “But so we have tyrants, we should be…”

“ARE YOU THAT THICK!” he yelled out as he turned towards the soldier. “Tyrants days are numbered, and when he is gone we are doomed to be executed as traitors!”

The soldier looks stunned. “But tyrant is…”

“Tyrant is a fool! The gods are above him and they are crushing him like a fly.” The general responded as as he turned away.

The soldier was quite shocked by his heresy. “...but if what you’re saying is true how do we survive if tyrant cannot stop the wicked gods? How can a simple wall protect us.”

The general then pulled something out of his pocket, a red vile. “Long ago our God abandoned us...but she gave us alchemy before leaving and with it The Sinalese rise again as the greatest empire but we must first outlast the gods. Stories tell us they come in and then disappear after many years. We will just wait them out.” He then showed the soldier the red bottle. “This is a mixture of the blood I personally gathered of my use groveling to that child. Over the years I’ve been slowly gathering a way to use his power, using every corpse he told me to destroy for this experiment.” He then brought the bottle to his face. “When the wall is complete this will be enchanted with his power, a barrier for those who do attack the Empire.”

Spoiler: action
    Show

+ 140
    24 AP/20 DC: announce a prophesy: Simor will not fall to outsider gods or the followers. A massive wall will be erected around the northern part of Central Tarkasha with the rest being blocked by mountains, it will be an un-penetrable country, filled with tyrants followers. The wall will become a fact of life to those bordering it, many will try to conquer it none will succeed from the outside.

This action will be done by one of his generals harnessing Tyrant’s power with Deific Magic in secret with the mix of Tyrant’s blood, alchemy, and the blood from all they killed in Tria.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2020-09-20 at 05:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

[Heartbreak]

Fortunately for Cheek, while the Tyrant certainly had talent and skill with various poisons, the Fae were involved now. Empowered by Avestra with knowledge and communion with nature, and a talent for science by Ka'al Russ, finding an antidote and administering proper care for the man was not terribly difficult. It wasn't meant to kill him, anyway; Tyrant had wanted to savor the man's death and so had prioritized debilitating pain over lethality. His life was no longer in danger.

"Not worth anything, huh?!" Kalani sniffled to herself, tying the man's bandages as best she could. "Show that miserable little..."

Unfortunately for Cheek, his primary caregiver at that moment was, perhaps, not in the best state of mind.

The fae girl next to her, a short woman with roses blooming in her scarlet hair, patted the back of her mother goddess. "I'm sorry milady, but, well, you knew what you were getting into..."

"Rosmerta." Kalani grumbled. "I don't wanna talk about it right now."

"Don't worry sweetheart, I knew that walking tomato sauce, you've dodged a bullet. AHHHHHH!" Cheeky yelled out as he squirmed in his bed. " anyway if you don't mind me asking who are you? And more importantly why the hell were you dating that walking infection."

Kalani looked like the ideal lover to men, and said ideal lover glared at him with eyes red and puffy from crying. "What part of 'I don't wanna talk about it' did you not hear?"

Rosmerta glanced at him, eyebrow cocked, and shook her head, as if to say 'she absolutely does want to talk about it'.

Kalani kept at the bandages, silent for a few more moments, then meekly said, "I wanted to help him be better. I knew I could fail, that it could hurt." She rubbed at her own eyes. "I can deal with this."

Rosmerta stepped closer to Cheek giving a serene smile before rubbing his cheek. A pair of small, winged women (one of whom Cheek would vaguely recall from when he was first laid low) floated around them. "To answer your other question sweet boy, this is the Fae Mother, and we are the Fae." The flowers in her head bloomed wide with the pride of that statement.

One of the faeries floated down to Rosmerta's eye level and glared. "Hey don't tell him that, it'll ruin the fun!"

"He's already seen us and the Mother, Sugar Queen." Rosmerta pointed out, not looking at the faery. "Cheek, wasn't it?"

"SUGAR QUEEN?!"

Suddenly a flash of green light exploded blinding the area for a second. When the light dimmed Graw appeared in a simple tongue form. "Cheek!" Graw said running towards his champion. "Oh god are you alright."

"He ha ha...ah " Cheek try to laugh unfortunately only causing further pain. Graw then licked his love on the cheek. " it's been awhile since we've had a chance to be this close." Cheek said with a smile.

Graw then looks up at Kalani. "Thank you." Graw told the goddess. " I'm sorry we got on the wrong put when we first meeting."

Kalani sighed, cleaning her hands off. "Think nothing of it. I am a tricksy woman, after all." She glanced between them. "Although in retrospect accusing you of being jealous of the Tyrant is funny for completely different reasons now."

Cheek turn to his beloved. "Graw that bastard Tyrant is one of Julian's men, the changeling that attempted to blow up the Crypt."

"What!" Graw yelled in shock. He then slowly lowered his head. " even with Julian long gone his ghost still haunts us." Graw said somberly, a feeling of Shame going over him. "How the hell did that assassin become tyrant?" Graw then looked up at the goddess. " questions for later right now we need to heal cheek, I ask for your assistance on this Kalani."

Kalani sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Healing physical wounds isn't really my area of expertise..."

Graw nodded. “That’s fine you have already done enough.” Graw and Cheek started to Glow as the room brighten up.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    12 AP/8 DC: immortalize a living creature or mortal: Cure Cheek and making immortal.
    Knowledge +2: Graw recent mastery of alchemy will cure his poisoning, and help develop immunity for toxins in general.
    Mining +2: Cheek body will become one with the earth, able to prepare his body by just summoning the stones around them, also use the mountain to grow into a colossal beast.
    Spoiler
    Show

Command +2 and Singing +1: Cheek recovery will give new confidence to his army allowing them to fight stronger than before. The warcry will go across the lands

27. - Top - End - #597
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Kanto desert

A small village on fire, bodies piling up a single soldier running. “OH GOD! OH GOD! OH GOD!” screamed as he was desperately searching. “Where’s the commander, we need to fall bac…AHHH” the soldier screamed as something grabbed his leg. The man fell down and fell upon something. “aaaa…AHHHHHHHHHHH!” seeing he landed on, mutilated corpses. Something then grabbed his other leg and then something else grabbed his right arm and then his left arm. He turned his head and saw 4 Athe grabbing each of his limbs. “No..No...I give up...pease...NOOOOOOOOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” the young soldier screamed as before tongues pulled out his limbs ripping his entire body apart in a matter of seconds. The tongues looked at each other as the village burned around them and corpses surrounded them.

The chieftain emerged from the ground looking at the destruction. “Excellent soldiers, they will pay.”
    “They will pay!”
    “They will pay!”
    “They will pay!”
    They screamed out as they walked through the village looking for survivors. “They are the children of the demon fox.”
    “Demon Fox”
    “Demon Fox”
    “Demon Fox”
    Two tongues then brought the bloodied commander in front of the chieftain. “You destroyed Grawopolis, our birthplace.”
    “Our birthplace.”
    “Our birthplace.”
    “Our birthplace.”
    The chieftain then kicked the commander in the stomach “You banished our people to the desert.”
    “To the desert!”
    “To the desert!”
    “To the desert!”

“Please we didn’t mean no harm we were forced…” That’s all the commander could get out before his arm was bitten off by the chieftain.

The chieftain then threw the hand in front of the man. “You join her disgusting child, Tyrant’s evil.”
    “Tyrant’s evil!”
    “Tyrant’s evil!”
    “Tyrant’s evil!”
    “You then slaughter our brethren including the Choblins, every man woman and child you could see!”
    “You could see!”
    “You could see!”
    “You could see!”

The commander looked the chieftain in the eyes. “Please… Tyrant would kill us all if we didn't… the Choblins were doomed any…” Before he could finish the chieftain rip his head off with his mouth.

“Coward!” the chieftain yelled out. Showing the commanders head to his men
    “Coward”
    “Coward”
    “Coward”
    “We shall remove all traces of the tyrant and the demon fox from this earth!”
    “From this earth!”
    “From this earth!”
    “From this earth!”
    “When their evil is gone a new Empire will rise, the Empire of the Athe!”
    “The Empire of the Athe!”
    They all yelled out as the corpses around them burned. No man, woman orchild from these villages would escape, they were spawns of the Fox and and tyrant, the desert will run red with their blood.”
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2020-09-24 at 01:39 AM.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Hajoe

Hajoe lacked the forest of Helvang, with gnarled trees dotting the heath. In the center of the island the sound of shovel cutting into the dirt as Xeema shoveled dirt out of the hole. Stopping she judged the hole sufficient, and tossed the shovel to the side. Reaching to her cloak she pulled out a pouch to reveal the acorns within. She produced a singular jade acorn softly pulsing with power, her gaze lingered momentarily upon it before she dropped it into the hole, and covering it over with her hand.

Climbing out of the hole, she picked the shovel back up and upended the pouch of acorns onto the ground. "Go." She said, as Sicurin started to swarm out from under her cloak. "You know what to do with them."

While the small squirrel-like creatures began burying the acorns, Xeema turned back to the hole and tossed in a second acorn, before shoveling in dirt on top of it.

Later...

In pale moonlight Xeema stood among the field of mounded earth. Touching the ground she thrust her power into the the earth, seeking out the seeds entombed by her minions. The earth shifted, as saplings burst forth growing rapidly as they reached high towards the sky. As night past, where once was a field, a dark and forboding, grove now stood.

Show

Xeema 76 AP

Sanctify an Area (Xeema's Grove) +2 Stealth 14 AP/10 DC
    +2 Foresight - Xeema is growing the grove to further her ambitions, ontop of the special interest she is taking in how it is started.
    +2 Thievery - The grove will be Xeema's place to stash things and will be patrolled and maintained by the Order of the Hidden Paw.
    +1 Secrets - The grove will hide things, those who enter uninvited may well find themselves quickly lost.
    +1 Squirrels - It will also be a home to squirrels and Sicurin alike.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

In one day, vast numbers of the Nameless disappeared. Armies which had been in correspondence with them were given a single set of coordinates, and a date. Faceless soldiers took the cities in Tria that the Nameless had conquered in the first drive of conquest, and began building their own societies there, free from the Laws of Lanka. The average standard of living for the original citizens improved over that of when the Nameless controlled the City. Monuments to Ka'al Russ and the other gods were risen in Steel and Magic, rather than the Bone and Chitin the Nameless preferred. About a quarter of the Flesh-Beasts created from Tyrant Soldiers remained in said cities, and were put to work In building new walls and cleaning up the mess.

Upon the date given, at the Coordinates given, an Army would arrive, seemingly out of nowhere. Augmented Cultists marched alongside Juggernauts of Beaten Metal and strange glowing blue crystal, making their intentions clear. The Nameless were going to War. As the Armies of Ka'al Russ marched upon Vesivius, the Faceless and Nameless infiltrators within the city activated. Soldiers throats were slit as they slept, and Sentries disappeared. As an olive branch to the more merciful gods, the citizenry were more or less left alone, as long as they didn't get in the way of the Army themselves.

Alongside this, Nameless who'd been "taken" as slaves by the Tyrant started Slave Revolts that were months in the planning. Slave Owners were butchered in their own homes and their bodies hung from the roofs. Statues made of the bodies of the cruelest of Slave Owners proclaimed the Glory of the Emancipator Ka'al Russ as Vesuvius burned around them.

From his abode in Lanka, The Shifter looked upon his children's work, and found it good. He flooded those who were willing with blessings, although such was his capricious nature that quite a few of the defenders were strengthened as well.

Show
    Taking the Tyrants capital city and all the other cities around it by extension, but not attempting to actually do anything to the Tyrant himself.
    12 DC/16 AP, Influence State of Mortals

+2 Time - Ka'al Russ uses his new Artifact to find the best time to attack, and conveys it to his people.
    +2 Flesh - All who use flesh crafting in combat find it Strengthened.
    +2 Science - The Nameless bring out new toys, from metallic juggernaughts to tools that when pushed into a Death-Bots core, can hijack it's consciousness.
    +2 Change - The Herald Marches with them, bringing the Touch of Ka'al Russ to all the soldiers in his path.
    +1 Insanity - Poison is poured into the drinks of the generals, causing them to go mad.
    +1 Change - The very land itself changes to support the army that matches into the Tyrant's capital, assuring that even if they're fought off, the city is going to take a while to recover.
    +1 Mutation - Any who are willing find themselves taken over by mutations, turning them into a potent weapon against the enemy. In addition, already existent mutations surge with energy.

Last edited by Xenopax; 2020-09-24 at 10:10 PM.
    Games that I am in

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Ymon-Thal, Thal-Verys and Ymon-Desha, the Boa Jungle

For the first time, the Eternal Argument was going to war.

"Ymon-Desha, use the High Mind to coordinate the Yith and give them what skills they need. When the time comes, strike everywhere at once." Ymon-Thal turned to his other demigoddess. "Thal-Verys, you take the Yithal and lead them into Alatadriel's old lands."

"The Yithal do not..." She paused for a moment. "They do not take orders very well."

Ymon-Thal smiled. "No orders needed. Just unleash them in the right direction."

Ymon-Desha's bracers changed into her spear and shield. "When do we attack?"

"You will know", Ymon-Thal faded from sight as he stepped back into the Passing. "I am going to try an old trick of mine. My very first one, in fact."

Too hot. Too humid. Too many bugs. Too many snakes. Too many godsdamned rebels. The Boa Jungle was very much not to Erazi's tastes. Still, she went where the Tyrant commanded and the last couple of months that had meant keeping the nearby jungle tribes under her thumb.

"Anything else?" she asked her second in command who had just gone through his daily list of synonyms for 'nothing much is happening'.

He shook his head. "Not much. The Yith seem restless but..." He stopped and his eyes glazed over. After a few moments he continued speaking with a voice not his own. "Ymon-Thal is death. No one is beyond his reach. No mercy for the pawns of tyrants."

"What...?" Before Erazi could finish her question her second in command fell over dead, not a wound on his body nor enemy in sight.

She heard the voice again, from a soldier cleaning his weapon nearby. "Ymon-Thal is death. No one is beyond his reach. No mercy for the pawns of tyrants." The soldier keeled over and she could see a few others doing the same throughout the camp.

Ysar was a peaceful man. He had never killed a living being or held a weapon larger than a cooking knife. Yet here he was, spear in hand and about to assault the enemy. He could see Ymon-Desha talking to the group next to his and he trusted her, she had watched over them and suffered with them ever since the Tyrant's forces first attacked, but he could not understand what the plan was.

Closing his eyes, he could sense the Tyrant's camp ahead thanks to some nearby animals and the Web of Life, even through the eyes of a rodent the superior skill and equipment of the enemy soldiers was obvious.

Incoming memory cluster. Accept/decline? said the 'voice' of the High Mind in Ysar's head. He gave a mental nod and suddenly his mind was flooded with memories not his own. Countless hours of training, unending battles. They weren't from any single soldier, he realized but from dozens, maybe hundreds of them.

After a few eternal seconds the memories stopped. Ysar took a deep breath and looked at the spear in his hand. No longer a foreign – even scary – object but an extension of himself.

Incoming instructions. Accept/decline?

Spoiler: Action!
    Show

Influence a continent-sized area (20 AP/16 DC)

Ymon-Thal and his followers attack the Tyrant's occupation forces, not only attempting to reclaim their own lost territory but striking in the former Tria territory of the Empire of the Holy Flame as well.

+ 2 Death: A few Tyrant soldiers, chosen at random, suddenly die – delivering Ymon-Thal's message and signaling the attack.
    + 2 Life, +2 Body: The Yith and Yithal are infused with life and able to fight a little longer, a little harder than otherwise possible.
    + 2 Soul: The Necromancy of the Disciples of Thal is strengthened, allowing even their less inexperienced members to force the enemies souls right out of their bodies.
    + 2 Knowledge, + 1 Connection: The High Mind not only coordinates the battle but distributes the necessary skills among the Yith.
    + 2 The Passing: The Yithal again use the Passing to surprise their enemy and to quickly travel vast distances.