Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1128
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOC Alhallor's mana secret

Oh crap, I forgot about the system where we get benefits the more we sell (and buy?) in a town. Wendel only goes up to 10k in item value! xD

Stat items are currently the main priority for Thaum, so there is nothing to buy in Wendel. Unless someone wants something, I'll just add those 3130 to Thaum's sheet.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, right. Larimar's weapon is effectively at +3 right now... so the difference between +3 and +4 is... 14,000 gp.

I definitely couldn't afford that, although I swear Larimar made a donation to a Luna temple at some point. I just thought this was on my sheet somewhere, but I can't find it.

At the very least, I'd like to get that thing we were talking about, where we can change the activation/deactivation of the merciful effect as a swift action. That's probably like two upgrades though. Cause we'd go from standard > move > swift.
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

Nexus character: Solstice

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm very much in favor of Coney wearing a Burning Veil. For some reason I really like that item.

Veilbite

I'm gonna continue the IC post sometime today, should I not give you enough time, please throw me a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

Body slots for rabites:

Head: Anything tied over the topside
    Face: Anything tied over the nose
    Throat: Anything tied more leaning to the front of the rabite
    Body: Onesie
    Torso: Body sock
    Shoulders: capes tied to base of ears
    Arms: anything wrapped around the lower part of the ears
    Hands: mittens for the ear tips
    Waist: anything tied from top to bottom of the rabite
    Feet: Tail ornaments

Also here is your mental image of a masked rabite bandit swinging onto the road with the rope in their mouth, landing with a rolling flop, and sticking a flintlock pistol towards their would-be victim. "A'right, stick 'em up! All your candy or your life!"

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spectacular! Clearly, we're following up this campaign with a bouncy-bouncy all-rabite party. and I love the bunny-dana.
    Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

6. - Top - End - #1026

RedWizardGuy

Next campaign will be in Pathfinder (so someone can be a rabite Gunslinger). And play 500 years after the current campaign (to allow flintlock pistols).

The plot will probably be about some weird happenings in a town conglomerating in a weird magical western plot.

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Troll in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sounds like Deadlands to me, which is a system like Savage Worlds set in the "Weird West" in the USA shortly after the Civil War, but there's supernatural happenings afoot. It's an incredibly thematic game with a number of really cool ideas, though quite the challenge to play online as it calls for multiple decks of playing cards and a set of poker chips.

Sorry again for the slower posting rate. Work has been a bit of a nightmare lately. I'm going to redouble my efforts to post frequently, though I am following along with what's happening as this game is still fantastic.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2021-03-04 at 04:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    Next campaign will be in Pathfinder (so someone can be a rabite Gunslinger). And play 500 years after the current campaign (to allow flintlock pistols).

The plot will probably be about some weird happenings in a town conglomerating in a weird magical western plot.
    Dibs on Big Hop Bill.

9. - Top - End - #1029

RedWizardGuy

I felt more like Werewolf in the Wild West, but yeah "Weird West" definitely works too.

Dips on Calamity Kid, the biggest hopper in town.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Sorry for the delay; I will post IC today or tomorrow.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Titan in the Playground

I think before we go, Larimar will write a letter to Windri (just addressed to that library in Valsenna with her name on it) and say something like he's heading to Ferolia. But stay tuned!

12. - Top - End - #1032

RedWizardGuy

Sorry for not posting sooner but I got my vaccine shot and... I felt worse than I expected.

@Aegis: You should have a PM.

@All: I should have a post up in the next few minutes, perhaps followed by one or two more PM's to people.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2021-03-09 at 05:25 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

No worries.

I don't expect to be vaccinated before the end of the year given how things are going here, as I am at the very end of the priority list.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

No worries, either. Honestly, I'm not surprised by such a reaction...

What I am surprised about though is that this beastman probably traveled for over a month just to infect Miguel and Alrik.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

In theory, the local authorities will be getting to my age category by early May. I'm excited for the vaccine.

Hopefully, the beastman isn't becoming the Johnny Appleseed of this disease, spreading it as he goes.
    Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

...I have an idea. It is expensive, but it is an idea.

We get Coney a runestaff with the Ethereal Mount spell. It would cost 6400gp and we would need to put at least one other thematically close spell on it (maybe fly, which would add 1.8k to the cost and serve as a neat utility spell, or something only 1st or 2nd level to keep cost down?) to fulfill the minimum of two spells on a runestaff. But with Coney being a 9th level arcane caster, it would give us (currently) effectively five phantom steeds with one casting, moving at 180ft/round, able to move across sandy/muddy/swampy ground unhindered, able to carry whatever the rider weighs and 90lbs additional weight each, lasting 9 hours. The runestaff can also be used three times per day (though each casting would require Coney to expend a spell slot).

Down the line, the speed would cap at 240ft, let us ride across water, then briefly through air, and then just fly all the time. Pretty much the fastest way to travel that isn't a cannon or teleportation or a very snazzy and colorful baby dragon.

If riding on a horse (which can go 40 to 48 miles per day, depending on whether it is heavy or light) would take a week or maybe a bit less, the ethereal mounts should get us there in like two days at most, and we would not have to worry about the safety of our mounts and such. As a DM benefit, the mounts pop fairly easily, so if the story wants an ambush to happen, that wouldn't need weird storytelling gymnastics to justify, and the long cast time means we can't just suddenly snap horsies into existence and GTFO/skip obstacles when the heat is on.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2021-03-10 at 12:18 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Phantom Steed is one of my favourite spells, hands down, but it's also a spell that dramatically changes the nature of 'on the way there' encounters. If you're travelling at 720 feet per round (the run speed of the steeds), the window of opportunity to pop the horses is "I guess I'd better have a readied action and get lucky." Like teleport and plane travel, I suppose.

I would also point out that our mission is important but not identifiably time sensitive.

But if others want this, I am, as I said, a big fan of the spell and its benefits.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah... it's borderline, that's why I wanted to bring this up here first. If we, say, restrict the phantom steeds to only ever being able to move, not double move or run, that could make it still managable if, say, the characters can be seen from afar or something. But phantom steed is very fast, especially if they can double-move or run, and increasingly skip obstacles as D&D magic is wont to do, so if Alhallor would rather not have us use this, that's also fine with me.

Kind of wish there was some half-way house between horses and phantom steed, with like the duration, numbers, and double a horse's speed, but doesn't eventually just fly over everything with infinite stamina. Like magical action horses (or birds, or turtles, or otters), not an equine jet plane.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2021-03-10 at 05:48 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1039

RedWizardGuy

Would you be ok with the spell being modified that it's only being able to move once (like a zombie, that still gives it 180 feet at your Level, more than a 30 feet move Charakter running can ever achieve) and it not giving the ability to fly I would be perfectly okay with it, because I adore the spell too it just gets to zigzaggy in the long run. Also the summoned horse can never tire and you're quite comfortable, only having to sit, with the horse kinda trodding on air, not giving you the need to actually being able to ride (at least thats how I see the description.)

The spell isn't modified further.

I'm also pretty sure that there is a mass Version of the spell, I just can't seem to find it. I would also be ok with that.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

Ethereal mount from Spell Compendum is basically the mass version of phantom steed with a situational extra benefit on the ethereal plane. To my knowledge there is no direct mass version of phantom steed, Pathfinder also only having a communal version on the same spell level where if multiple people use the spell at once, the duration is divided between them.

I'd be okay with the adjustments. The spell also has the extra benefit that we can't accidentally teleport into a mountain or miles off-target. As funny as it would be to accidentally teleport into a villain's secret lair due to a teleportation accident.

21. - Top - End - #1041

RedWizardGuy

How about the "Runestaff of nice travel" that gives you

Etheral mount
    and Fly

two times per day if you power it with the necesarry spell energy.

If I'm correct it would cost you 8.200 Gold.

Ethereal mount as the most costly spell should be at (4x4x400 = 6400)

and then Fly with (3x3x200 = 1800)

Also is a bit more useful with the addition of Fly.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I'm fine with the toned down abilities of the steeds. Fly is a good companion spell as well.

I'd suggest adapting the Ethereal Mount function of the runestaff to only work 1/day. It's still more than we'll need most days, and if Alhallor ever needs to slow us down for a while, all he has to do is knock out a couple of the mounts. This also drops the cost down to ((4x4x200) + (3x3x200) = 5,000.

If we consider this, effectively, a communal asset, though, that means each of us kicking in 1,000 gold. I'm in if everyone else is.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

I would say two instead of the standard three uses for ethereal mount might be fair, in case of us actually getting into an ambush or otherwise having the mounts destroyed, or having to take a handful of people with us. That would amount to 6.6k. Having some sort of backup is usually good to have in the unpredictable world of adventuring. Or in cases where we need to travel longer during a single adventuring day than the duration of a single casting.

24. - Top - End - #1044

RedWizardGuy

6.6k staff get's a GM approval sticker.

GM approval

also classical sorcerer problem to doesn't know that much against magic.

"Dude, I'm just casting, get off my back with all your theoretical stuff." "But you just broke like 7 different magical rules!" "Huh, I didn't knew that."
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2021-03-11 at 09:16 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

I'm willing to spend, like, half of the cost of the staff (whether we decide to go with 1 or 2 uses of ethereal mount; we need Coney's spell slots for this, so Toliudar should probably have final say). As much as I would like another +2 Cha and Wis by saving up for them, those are so, so far away and I would need to have my existing items enchanted, which will also take 12 days each time. I don't think getting those increases is realistic anytime soon.

26. - Top - End - #1046

RedWizardGuy

Who knows perhaps you get a massive magic stuff dump because I'm feeling you're not getting enough.

You're never know.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I'm good to contribute to the staff as well, with two uses if that's what's desired. But I'd like the others to weigh in before we proceed, because it does change the way we travel for the foreseeable future.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I think Larimar would think that is a good idea and chips in.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Ken will contribute as well. How much does that leave left?

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

If everyone else chips in 1K, I'd be good to spend the 2,200 remaining to get this.

Ridai has kindly offered to pay more, because it was their good idea, but that seems unfair to me. And I have young kids, so FAIR is a thing that comes up a lot in my life. Usually at a high volume.