Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOC Alhallor's mana secret

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    Given you want to spend a ton of money on potions, I think I need to mention that Zanthia can cast invisibility spontaneously.
    Since when?
    Only a fool fights in a burning house - Klingon proverb

They say "may you live in interesting times"...Ive tried interesting and now I'll take boring.

I am not trusting my research paper to some millennial. They'll put unicorn emojis on it and post it on social media.
    - Sheldon Cooper

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    Since when?
    It's on the Witch's spell list, 2nd level.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, but its hardly spontaneous and there are limits to the number of 2nd level spells I can cast per day

As another note, Zanthia has been a bit hard to track down during the down time, seemingly disappearing for several hours each day. In terms of purchases, she does buy a large number of potions of mage armor.

Also adding the potions to my sheet, I remembered that Zanthia has a familiar, an African Grey Parrot, that I need to bring into play more often.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2020-03-10 at 06:38 PM.

They say "may you live in interesting times"...Ive tried interesting and now I'll take boring.

I am not trusting my research paper to some millennial. They'll put unicorn emojis on it and post it on social media.
    - Sheldon Cooper

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

I'll be spending 50 gp on a Universal Solvent and 2000 gp on a Handy Haversack. I'll pocket the remaining 900 gp for future expenses. Exploring can be expensive.

She'll want to ask the Wisp about Jerry, if possible, and she's going to be doing some investigating about the maps she's gotten.
    With my dying breath
    Hear my warning I have said:
    "Don't call up what cannot be brought down"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I made the post with Mart's stuff yesterday on my mobile device and then I did… Something and EVERYTHING was gone… Sorry I had to vent a bit.

@All: Experience Points! You should get them.

For all three Encounters everyone of you got:

1500 EXP

@Gryps2: I file the stuff about Jerry under the IC post made when we're done with the downtime. (What should be any day now… This is going to be a long post.)

@Toliudar and everyone who is going too accompany Coney: I post the stuff about Mart here, because I guess you're going to share what you will find out, if not tell us, I guess the group can play with that. I guess you take 10 thanks to Naberius and I also favor in that you take the guise of a gnome (what really helps, him being a bit more open.)

You find Mart at an inn who is selling an awful lot of bear-meat with honey. He looks quite good, but a little reserved, though with your talking abilities you get him to open up. If he had wounds from a bear battle they seem to be mostly healed. He tells you openly that he is from Valsena and from house Vish. The house was, in the past, mostly known for their fierce battle progress and daredevil attitude but is know only a husk of it's former self. Somehow he got a lot of the hot blood inherited and that got him in a lot of trouble in his teenage years.

After that he seems to hesitate a moment but he admits that he has been talked to by a strange recruiting guy. He gave him a good beatdown and then got talked to by a totally different guy who praised his strong arm and coaxed him into going to a meeting. They spoke of some things that interested him very much. Glorious heroes slaying monsters, dark times that should be avoided… And a lot of praise for him and his strength and his fury. He fell out of that circle only recently and now try's to find a bit of work. He would be very interested if you have an idea.

If you want to press him further on a subject tell me and you'd get probably more info out of him.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Not saying Zanthia can cast it at-will, only that she can cast it spontaneously (as in not having prepared casting). I'm also not saying she can or will just cast it all day, only that she can cast it, so maybe using a spell slot or two on another party member may be in the cards (since we are talking about potentially replacing a single invisibility potion). Potions are really, really expensive and buying them permanently takes away money you could have spent on actual equipment, hence me mentioning it. We're a group, we can act as a power multiplier for each other, and I doubt anyone would ask you to spend half of your spells on making people invisible all the time.

edit: Thaum is coming with them to meet Mart, and will also provide a quick heal to get rid of any lingering wounds.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-03-11 at 05:39 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

It's worth noting that Coney also has invisibility on her spell list, but I'd be open to swapping it out at the next level-up if there's a lot of duplication.

Thanks for the XP, Alhallor. Could you remind us (well, me) what our starting XP was?

--

Coney would indeed have shared the experience of watching Mart at his meeting. When Mart is lured away to the second meeting, she would have cast invisibility on herself (and those with her, as desired) to follow and watch. If it seems like the meeting might take a while, she'll use her wand of silent image to create a camouflaging image of something that conceals them from view (crates in a warehouse, a wagon on the street, etc) in order to get a sense of what the actual meeting is about.

--

Coney will also share her recent investigations with the group: "I went to see a seer about Mart's story, the one about the Dark Rabite. I don't think it was nearly as apocryphal as we might have hoped. The diviner saw dark shapes, and ended up with a feeling of claws scratching at him from INSIDE. That's a new one to me. And he woke up with actual wounds. So it would seem that there might actually be a very real cause for alarm. It makes me ashamed. I have dedicated my life to bridging the gulf between our peoples, and now this..."
    Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Coney will also share her recent investigations with the group: "I went to see a seer about Mart's story, the one about the Dark Rabite. I don't think it was nearly as apocryphal as we might have hoped. The diviner saw dark shapes, and ended up with a feeling of claws scratching at him from INSIDE. That's a new one to me. And he woke up with actual wounds. So it would seem that there might actually be a very real cause for alarm. It makes me ashamed. I have dedicated my life to bridging the gulf between our peoples, and now this..."
    Zanthia perks up...I have had the same sorts of dreams myself...although the claws were on the outside, trying to hold me...to possess me.

- Sheldon Cooper

9. - Top - End - #279

RedWizardGuy

Well, I see the plot is going forward. I will post the other info about Mart here too and then edit the IC post. I guess you inform him that you come with, and even if not he probably thinks that you are with him, he did tell you sometimes.

Oh and your starting EXP was enough to start at Level 8, that would mean it's 28.000 EXP.

He goes out of the town some ways, near where you first met him. There are three people waiting for him. One that looks like a half-elf, that wears camouflaging clothing and a shortbow (she sits in bright light, what kinda defeats the purpose.) One that looks so much like a clichee-maga that it hurts (robe with arcane symbols and a bright pointy hat with stars on it.) And a nicely-dressed male spokesperson who either has used a lot of cantrips to keep himself clean or has magic pants and a magic shirt.

"Ah, Mart. I saw a rather lack of corpses littering the farms. Can you explain that to me?" Mart stands there pretty calm and collected. "I think we got it all wrong, I talked with some…" He get's interrupted by the other man. "You talked to people?!" He shakes his head, stiffling a laugh. "What did he tell you? What did our master tell you? He told you to don't talk to others, because they are in thrall of our enemies! How could you get that wrong?"

He shakes his head again for emphasis. The half-elf is still on lookout and the maga takes a step forward, exactly when Mart want's to get some words in.

"Don't be so harsh to him, Sigmund! Everyone of us could get turned around, but that's why we are here. And you know what the best thing is? Despite him having doubts Mart is still with us. He still have come to us, to talk about his doubts and we can help him see the right path again."

She hugs herself, clearly moved by her own words. She seems shocked after Mart talked. "Get off, I don't want to go back." She stutters a bit. "B-b-but why?"

Mart sighs. "You know I was in the town and..." He get's interrupted again. "You also get into the town? Are you freaking mad?! That was the one thing you should have never ever done why you…" This time Mart interrupts him. "It's fine, the people there are fine. They don't want to exploit anyone, no one is under the tyrannic order of the high priest, they just want to live in peace and to forcefully tnterrupt that peace is just horrible. I don't want to do that anymore."

There is a heavy silence that hangs in the air. It get's interrupted by Sigmund. "You know we have to bring you back now, don't you?" The half-elf looks to Mart, as does the maga, though her face is heavy with concern. Mart's hands get to his sword though he doesn't draw it. "You could try, but I will defend myself and who knows perhaps I kill one of you." Sigmund throws his hands up in the air. "Ok, you know what? You can stay here." He get's a confused look from the maga but he explains himself. "I can't convince you with my words, our mission was to check up on you and if possible bring you back. It may be possible but I don't want to endanger my brethren, that does include you Mart." Sigmund gives him an intense look. "You may rethink when you see the dark, Sludge that is hiding beneath the surface of the citizens you begin to endear that much. You know where to find us."

He turns around and just begins walking.

You can Interrupt in any time you think it's approbiate.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2020-03-12 at 07:16 AM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so... why is this happening in the OOC right now?

11. - Top - End - #281

RedWizardGuy

Because I'm afraid of doubleposting and it seemed somehow appropiate? I also want to point out that I updated the first post with some info about nobility and royalty and got the IC post updated. That may have been a bit fast, but I was sitting on hot coals for weeks to finally update this.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not all that sure if Thaum would be part of following Mart (or if he would even know about it), but investigating the Black Rabite does seem like something of a priority.

"I would like to aid in researching the Black Rabite. A lurking and potentially great danger like that should not be ignored, whether or not it ends up being what we assume it to be or not. If getting to the bottom of this aids in relations between civilizations, all the better." There is little doubt that they will also unearth all sorts of other things along the way, like rather unfortunate elements on both (or more?) sides of this "conflict". And it may very well lead to the source of the dreams that are plaguing Zanthia. And especially the latter, Thaum will not just sit by and do nothing about.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Alhallor, I'd like to continue the scene you've posted IC, having Coney (who would indeed have told Mart that she was following, although making it clear that it was to support him, not to spy ON him) chat with Mart and whichever other of the PC's wish to tag along. If this seems inappropriate to you, just let me know and I'll delete.
    Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Yay, exp! Wait, I forget, are there multiclassing penalties in this game?

And.. I can't exactly decide.. how many people were going ahead to spy on Marts? If we already have a group of 2 or 3 doing it, Larimar wont bother. That's.. much harder to stay stealthy the more people there are anyway.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

Nexus character: Solstice

15. - Top - End - #285

RedWizardGuy

For ease of reference I deleted the 4 days post, I have it saved for later and will further respond in the IC thread. I'm sure Coney has enough invisibility spells to spare, the trio at least doesn't seem to notice the reinforcement.

@Windstruck: No multiclassing penalties.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2020-03-16 at 04:29 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

Life's a little distracting atm so I'll pick back up after the Mart interlude is over with. I'll still be keeping track of things, and it looks like they're interesting!
    With my dying breath
    Hear my warning I have said:
    "Don't call up what cannot be brought down"

17. - Top - End - #287

RedWizardGuy

@Gryps2: life sure is, I'm kinda relieved that I still can get my roleplaying fix somehow.

If no one has any objections I'd fast forward to the meeting with the High Priest?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

In favor of that.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

I'm good to forward the story.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

okay to FF

- Sheldon Cooper

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

I think I'm good to move on. I really just need to stop procrastinating on buying stuff.

Hm, I just can't find where it is anymore. How much gold each did we receive? was it 3,000 pieces each?

I think for starters, Larimar would want to get a wand of Comprehend Languages (750 gp) and replace his smoke stick (20 gp)

Still have a lot to spend on. Maybe an anklet of translocation would be nice too. Just so I don't have to tumble and fail again!
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-03-19 at 06:29 PM.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

22. - Top - End - #292

RedWizardGuy

@Windstruck: Yes it's 3000 Gold. You could of course still hold unto the majority too later buy something bigger. I'm also still not sure what you did with the armor? The ring got too Zanthia and either you or tonberryking got the cloak and Coney of course now has a bite that could actually hurt people, but I don't know what you decided to do with that hunk of different materials scrunched together.

I edited the post in the IC thread. It's good that I got some time because I wanted to include the amulet Coney may wear now.

Also as far as I see it you have two (maybe three, or even four, depends really) possibilities too go too. Should you decide to go into a fully different direction (because you want to go to someone from your backstory or just because you can) I want to point out that you can. I have ideas for a lot of places and have some proto-scenarios laid out that I develop further when you go into a fitting direction.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Is there such a thing as a bank in Wendel?
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-03-20 at 03:17 AM.

24. - Top - End - #294

RedWizardGuy

To tell the truth I haven't thought of the possibility of a bank.

It kinda seems like it could be. There is magic after all and probably some (perhaps modified) spells that let you discern if someone is the right person. If you can give me some time I could probably work it in but should you be afraid that your money just disappears for strange reasons, I can tell you as GM that I will not attack your wealth.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

I just mean, wouldn't it technically be safer to....

Hm. Considering we're high level PCs though, hard to tell. Maybe our money is actually safer being held by us, rather than in a bank. After all, we aren't all lv 1 commoners.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

I guess the armor is getting sold.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    @Windstruck: Yes it's 3000 Gold. You could of course still hold unto the majority too later buy something bigger. I'm also still not sure what you did with the armor? The ring got too Zanthia and either you or tonberryking got the cloak and Coney of course now has a bite that could actually hurt people, but I don't know what you decided to do with that hunk of different materials scrunched together.

I edited the post in the IC thread. It's good that I got some time because I wanted to include the amulet Coney may wear now.

Also as far as I see it you have two (maybe three, or even four, depends really) possibilities too go too. Should you decide to go into a fully different direction (because you want to go to someone from your backstory or just because you can) I want to point out that you can. I have ideas for a lot of places and have some proto-scenarios laid out that I develop further when you go into a fitting direction.
    What ring did I get?

- Sheldon Cooper

28. - Top - End - #298

RedWizardGuy

I *think* the ring of Protection +1 from the Ghast got to you (after thoroughly washing it of course.)

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Zanthia also got anklets of translocation.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney is investing in a wand of alter self, which has the potential to dovetail nicely with her new amulet. One of the unanticipated benefits of being a monstrous beast!