Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: OOC Alhallor's mana secret

I'm fine with skipping ahead.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know what the difference is between resting and skipping ahead. Do you mean a break from posting? Or.. now our characters rest, even though we were discussing that and decided not to?

What will we be skipping?
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

Nexus character: Solstice

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Whether the group does an 8 hour rest in the caverns, or we go back to Wendel immediately and skip to meeting the High Priest.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You were so fast that even if you rest now and then return to the high priest it will make no difference. I assume you all are on your way back to Ethan and proceed from there.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

We might as well head back if we aren't feeling too tired.

I just.. can't help but imagine something else will try to stop us before getting back to Wendel.
    Summer Fashion Drow avatar drawn by linklele (and I may have made a few adjustments).

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

I would probably skip ahead. At very least, resting inside the cave itself seems like a bad idea.
    With my dying breath
    Hear my warning I have said:
    "Don't call up what cannot be brought down"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Yes, I'm good to head back up and out.
    Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

8. - Top - End - #248

RedWizardGuy

Okay the IC thread is updated.

You all get a little bag with 3000 Gold (well Aned got 2950 because he accepted the map as part of the payment.) Inside the bag is also a voucher with the personal plea from the high priest to any inn-owner who reads that to accomodate you for at least a week.

Magic mart is in effect that means you can buy what you like BUT it should not cost more than 5000 Gold (I now the ruling may sound strange, but you still need to establish contacts who make or now how too get the really expensive stuff. You can pool your Money together or use rest-Money from your character creation.) Just to make myself clear, it's about the overall cost of the item, not what you pay. Should you upgrade your equipment and that cost less, than 5000 but the Overall cost of the item would be higher than 5000, the overall cost counts.

Please tell me what your character would do in the next week either here or via PM. (It may not take a week to contact you it's just too give me another idea what your characters are up to if they have Nothing better to do.)

You will all get a PM in the next days because the Plot will take some momentum and the world will considerably open up. (If it works like I want too of Course.)

For these who may think that not that much happened on your journey. You had three Encounters (combined with a trap that could have been very deadly.) You steamrolled some of them. I could have thrown more at you but I think that would not have been fitting in the story and the picture I want to paint with some NPC's (You haven't seen the last of Jerry, believe me.)

Also if you have any questions, wishes, recommendations I will try my best to implement it as good as I'm able too. Thanks for playing with you it has been an enjoying blast so far.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2020-03-05 at 04:01 AM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Thaum is buying Anklets of Translocation (Magic Item Compendium) for 1400GP.

Also in regards to a PM discussion, I re-read your last past and now remember the difference between total cost and upgrade cost again.

edit: I'm also buying the same item for Zanthia.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-03-05 at 01:07 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know what to do!

Should I start up a cactus farm or a cobblestone generator...?

Ugh I really don't know. No one's had that pie or apples. Does.. anyone want pie or apples?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, right, Thaum's activities:

- Heal those in need
    - Provide food and drink to those in need (and maybe repair some things via magic)
    - Work with people/organizations involved in the above
    - Get to know people in Wendel as well as the city itself throughout doing the above and in between
    - Ensure Zanthia's well-being (which buying her Anklets of Translocation is part of, after the experience on the bridge)
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-03-05 at 02:51 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

I would have to know more about what's on the map that Aned got before I could plan what she wants to do next.
    With my dying breath
    Hear my warning I have said:
    "Don't call up what cannot be brought down"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Before I plan out Rina's actions...what's the status of the moon at this point?
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Very exciting!

Coney's activities for the week off:

• See if there are any diviners or prophets in the city who know anything about a Dark Rabite or similar story/myth.
    • Look up Mart to see if he's settled in Wendel. If he has, engage him in further conversation about what brought him into the circle of the cult's leader.
    • Ask Ethan about the cult and whether he knows of any particular cults or strange events recently in Valsena.
    • Get to know tha magic shop owners in town a bit better, in preparations for the prospect of bigger purchases in the future.

I'm still mulling possible purchases.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2020-03-08 at 08:05 AM.
    Despair favours the status quo. It is a luxury we cannot afford. ~ Andrew Nikiforuk

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Rina's actions:

• Find Rabbite Hater Mart and offer him his sword back
    • --If he accepts it: Look into buying a replacement "normal" +1 sword. Bastard, great, falchion, whatever she can get her hands on, and 2 invisibility potions
    • --If he does NOT: Look into buying a cloak of elvenkind and 1 invisibility potion

Others may notice that while she'll clean the rags she wears, she doesn't replace them with a new outfit. Only cover them if she gets the cloak.

And finally:
    • Discretely as possible, she may look into seeing if there are other "exiles" from the Beast Kingdom. Not traders or furry dudes who traveled from there, but people who actively do NOT want to go back there for whatever reason. She's not expecting to find people who are openly lycanthropes, but you never know...
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2020-03-08 at 06:05 AM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

16. - Top - End - #256

RedWizardGuy

@windstruck : definitely cobblestone generator.

I would like to have a gather information check from Rina and coney.

You find mart easy enough, he got a bit of fame from bringing a bear into town he (apparently) punched down. He accepts his sword back because the bear nearly killed him.

Rina gets the equipment she wants
    1-2 great falchion
    3-4 great sword
    5-6 scythe
    [ROLL]1d6[\ROLL]
    Whatever is rolled you find first, though the traders check nearly every coin you hand them out and seem very sceptical regarding your appearance. You can get of course another +1 weapon if you search a bit around.

Coney if you want to get more cult stuff around mart I'd like to get a check from you that you find appropriate and I want to roughly know where you talk to him (get something to eat, talk to him in a temple etc. Etc) he also openly tells you again that he will meet a contact in three days, he doesn't know who or how many will check on him, but it won't be an army but perhaps a small scouting party.

The items you got are identified as part of your payment.
    Breastplate from the ghast: it has a name!
    Hunters breastplate is +1 and once per day as a swift action you get half of the damage dealt by a melee attack back to your hp.
    Cloak of the chobin :
    Cloak of chobin kind, like a cloak of elven kind but it has a different name.

Should I have forgot something, please tell me but I think I got everything.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

I like the random aspect so...

(1d6)[2]

Let's see what she gets...

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

... does anybody need that cloak? I'd like it but will defer to anybody who needs it more than the team murder machine

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Well I was thinking I wanted it. Would I "need" it? No, but I feel it would definitely help me too...

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Not calling dibs on either item. Thaum isn't very stealthy, and I feel him moving at full speed is more valuable than the slight increase in AC and 1/day ability.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Alhallor View Post
    Coney if you want to get more cult stuff around mart I'd like to get a check from you that you find appropriate and I want to roughly know where you talk to him (get something to eat, talk to him in a temple etc. Etc) he also openly tells you again that he will meet a contact in three days, he doesn't know who or how many will check on him, but it won't be an army but perhaps a small scouting party.
    Gather information: (1d20+9)[25]

TonberryKing, I'm assuming that since we're both interested in Mart, then we might have gone to talk with him as a team. Coney would definitely tell the rest of the group and invite anyone interested to come back with her to try to observe the meeting. Coney has Disguise Self at will from Naberius, so she'd assume the appearance of a gnome, and if time permitted would offer invisibility to anyone joining her.

22. - Top - End - #262

RedWizardGuy

As usual you can also sell stuff for half price.

Hunters breastplate sells for 2175 Gold. The cloak of chobinkind sells for 1250 Gold (as I said, half money.)

@Toliudar: You can get an appointment with a diviner who is rumored to be pretty great, if you want.

Ethan is out of order till he calls you again, he has to do a lot of healing and resting before forming coherent sentences.

You can confer with some magic item owners and traders and establish better trading possibilities.

@TonberryKing: Still would like that Gather Information roll.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

I think I like the idea of Larimar doing a bit of low-profile work in the meantime. Maybe not the whole time.

I think he's also interested in following up in that Dark Rabite thing and Marts too, so he should be up for accompanying Coney at least, trying to get to the bottom of that...

Would rather not sell the cloak. One of us should keep it and use it.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-03-09 at 10:36 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Well I've been asked to roll a d22...

(1d22)[20]

Also, just realized, I wonder if my craft (bows) skill could be used to make money? I dunno, fletching arrows, repairing bows, etc...

(1d20+10)[21]

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Windstruck - wait wait wait...

I see a way out of this.

You take the Chobin cloak and if the rest of the team is cool with it I can use the breast plate money and what I was gonna spend on the invisibility potion and a little more to just buy my own stealth cloak.

And even if the rest of the team is not okay with me using that money you keep this cloak; Rina technically has hide ability despite being the size of a truck and a conditional that improves that.

Gotta get back to work for now but gather info: (1d20)[15]

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Given you want to spend a ton of money on potions, I think I need to mention that Zanthia can cast invisibility spontaneously.

27. - Top - End - #267

RedWizardGuy

@Windstruck: Using your Craft (Bow) skill works of course too. For simplicity's sake let's say you repair some bows, fletch some arrows etc. etc. If I roughly look at the rules in the DMG it's a bit hard to determine what you should get for that. You nearly rolled good enough too make a shortbow in a week, that would cost you 10 gp in raw materials, you could sell that for half the price (15 gp). Netting you a net gain of 5 fat gold coins. On the other hand if you make that for someone who requested it you should get the full price (30 gp) giving you 20 coins as profit.

Would you be OK with 12 gp for now?

I get a series of PMs out of the way and then would give you all the Information that Mart spills and I think THEN we could get the ball roling if you're all on board?

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Making some rolls for a little side venture:

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Survival:(1d20+7)[21]
    Spot: (1d20+4)[15]
    Hide:(1d20+10)[22]

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

(1d20+12)[28] Move silently

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah I guess 12 gold is fine.

I think I should also buy some stuff. A few more scrolls, potions, and maybe a wand...