New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Council of Thieves [Bastards of Erebus] (IC)

R1T18: There was little Aldo could do; the rubble made it hard to advance, but since running wasn't currently an option, he had to do something. He focused on his hands, swirling blue energy began to manifest and by the time his fist was closed, two faintly glowing blades of energy were now in his grasp, ready to strike... as soon as he could see the damned target.

R1T17: Folco, what do you do?
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Folco shouts a call of warning to the others, and steps into a quick thrust against the newcomer... more out of surprise than anything else. He squints into the darkness, trying to recognise just what he's trying to stab.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Attack with rapier against S2, then 5 foot step south.
    Rapier: (1d20+7)[21] Damage: (1d6+4)[10]
    Parry and Riposte any further attacks.

3. - Top - End - #63

R1T17: Folco shouts a call of warning to the others, and steps into a quick thrust against the newcomer...more out of surprise than anything else. His rapier hits through the man's arm, with only mild resistance, but than stabs into his chest, and it seems more damage is caused roughly pulling his rapier out of a man who doesn't seem to have the normal give of a water-sack body under a rusting chain shirt. Folco knows he hurt the thing, but not that badly. He squints into the darkness, trying to recognise just what he's trying to stab. What squints back is a face whose skin is pocked and stretched and dried on the face, and in some cases non-existent. But looking into the man's eyes, he sees no eyes, but rather two faintly red pinpoints of light. It is enough to make Folco fall back a few feet in shock.

R1T15-14: The other vagrant to the north now approaches with surprising speed, without the weight of water in the body to slow him down, stepping into the spot Folco was in a second ago. It slashes at Folco's face and he barely brings his rapier up in time to parry what seems to be a bony hand - the act of parrying alone knocking off flakes of skin that long ago dried almost like paper. Then a third of their number appears from the junction to the east, north of Folco.

R1T13: Tia, with Folco moving back, you now have a straight-look at a man with shriveled features, the majority of whose scalp and skin withered away untold time ago. It turns its head to look down the hall at the heroes standing there bathed in the light of a sunrod (much as it is now itself). What do you do?

Gabriella on deck, S2 in the hole ...
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tia presses her hands together, and slides them apart in a straight line away from each other, the hilt of her scythe forming once more, with the blade forming a moment later. She spins the scythe around her, aiming to strike the moment she catches it off guard. Once she pulls her blade back from her foe, she turns and sprints off, giving more room for her allies to move in on the combat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Form Scythe and make a melee attack against S1

Attack roll (1d20+6)[18]
    Damage (2d4+4)[10] + (1d8)[5] (Bonus Damage) + 1 for fighting adjacent to an ally

Move action: If the foe is still standing, Tia will retreat to where Aldo was (stepping on his head like a stepping stone if necessary). If he goes down, she'll move into the tunnel and aim to find a safe place to stand.

Either way this will provoke an AoO, and she will use her Spilled Salt counter as an immediate action in response to it.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

5. - Top - End - #65

R1T13: Tia presses her hands together, and slides them apart in a straight line away from each other, the hilt of her scythe forming once more, with the blade forming a moment later. She spins the scythe around her, aiming to strike the moment she catches it off guard. There is a mild flash of light as the scythe goes through the creature, shattering the bones and destroying the rusted out chain shirt it was wearing. The creature turns into dust.

Once Tia pulls her blade back from her foe, she turns and sprints off, giving more room for her allies to move in on the combat. She sees another two of these to her left, one of which seems to be wounded, but she tactically opens up for a counterattack as she goes to move south of Folco. There is a faint essence of darkness from Tia and the man swings wildly, missing her by a great margin as she takes up a position to protect the exposed rear so Folco doesn't get flanked if more of these hideous man-things come from the south.

R1T11: Gabriella, there is a battle happening, but you only saw a brief glimpse of an enemy before he turned to dust before your eyes from the power of Tia's hideous scythe! What do you do?

S2 on deck, Aldo in the hole ...
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

yuk Re: Council of Thieves [Bastards of Erebus] (IC)

Gabriella will groan dramatically before leaping over the refuse pit to take up an attractive...I mean defensive position at the door in front of the boy.
    “Morosino, move back to Tia. Aldo, do you see something I can use as a weapon in that pile of garbage. All I have is this stupid fan!”
    Spoiler
    Show

move and jump over refuse pit
    stop in square in front of the door. Draw fan. Total defense.

7. - Top - End - #67

R1T11: Gabriella will groan dramatically before leaping over the refuse pit to take up an attractive...I mean defensive position at the door in front of the boy. “Morosino, move back to Tia. Aldo, do you see something I can use as a weapon in that pile of garbage. All I have is this stupid fan!”

But Gabriella sees that she can never clear Aldo, the refuse pile, and Morosino to jump 15' with a standing jump, so she changes that to simply moving forward so as not to hurt Aldo, Morosino, or herself. She then draws her fan, but all of that activity, and with no training in combat, she doesn't have the time to really take up a parrying position.
    Spoiler: Gabriella
    Show
    First, you can't end a jump in a friendly square. Second, even if you rolled a '20' on your untrained Acrobatics, you could never make that standing long jump. Third, and it only really matters at 1st level, but you have to have a BAB of +1 or higher to be able to draw a weapon on the move. This means that your turn consisted of two MAs: 1 was moving, the other was drawing fan.

R1T10: Morosino, terrified of what he might have seen, moves back as directed.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T24:
    S2 moves down 5' and ignores Gabriella to attack Folco. It attacks with a bony claw of a hand that Folco deflects, then ripostes to do 2 mod. The creature's entire side is caved in and yet somehow it stands. A second clawed hand slashes out, but misses.

R2T18: Aldo, you are currently in a refuse pile and now Gabriella is forward (and Morosino behind). An enemy stands at the doorway, but seems more fixated south to where Folco had gone. There is no place for you to go to engage. What do you do?

Folco on deck, S3 in the hole ...
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Aldo gets out from the garbage pit. "Not really. If it was useful, it wouldn't be in the trash, I think. I'd lend you one of these,"he gestured at one of the blue blades in his hands "but they dissipate without me touching them." In the mean time, all he could do is wait for the enemy to come to him.
    Show
    MA: Get out of garbage
    SA: Ready an attack for when an enemy comes in melee range
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

9. - Top - End - #69

R2T18: Aldo gets out from the garbage pit. "Not really. If it was useful, it wouldn't be in the trash, I think. I'd lend you one of these,"he gestured at one of the blue blades in his hands "but they dissipate without me touching them." In the mean time, all he could do is wait for the enemy to come to him.

R2T17: Meanwhile, out in the passage ... Folco, what do you do?

S3 on deck, Tia in the hole ...
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

"A poor day to be a fencer! I dont think these fiends care much about precision and grace! Folco shouts with dramatic flare... Hes got an audiance, and cant help himself. He reads the creatures movements for a moment, before going in for another swift lunge. "I may be able to squeese past them, if you wish to join the dance." He says back to Tia.

Show
    Attack with rapier on S2
    Rapier: (1d20+7)[20] Damage: (1d6+5)[11]
    Parry against next enemy attack: (1d20+7)[15]
    Riposte if successful (1d20+7)[12] Damage: [roll]1d6+5 [/roll]

11. - Top - End - #71

R2T17: "A poor day to be a fencer! I dont think these fiends care much about precision and grace! Folco shouts with dramatic flare. He has an audience, and can't help himself. He reads the creatures movements for a moment, before going in for another swift lunge, stabbing it through the neck, severing the vertebrae, and turning the creature to dust. "I may be able to squeeze past them, if you wish to join the dance," he says back to Tia.

R2T14: S3 now moves down and attacks Folco, but Folco doesn't read this one .... probably once a woman ... quite as well as its claws graze his upper swordarm for 3 but its other misses.

R2T13: Tia, what do you do?

Gabriella on deck, Morosino in the hole ...
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"They seem pretty fragile, but if you can, I would appreciate it." Tia says to Folco watching as he slays another one. She lets one of her daggers slide out of her sleeve, grabbing it with one hand while holding her Scythe with the other. Gabriella!! Use this!!" Tia yells out to the attractive human, flinging it past Folco and the other foe towards the doorway, aiming to hit inside the door where Gabriella would be able to retrieve it and use it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Draw one of my Daggers.
    Standard action: Throw it into the doorway, aiming to hit inside the door without hitting an ally.

Please make any necessary rolls that need to be made.

13. - Top - End - #73

R2T13: "They seem pretty fragile, but if you can, I would appreciate it." Tia says to Folco watching as he slays another one. She lets one of her daggers slide out of her sleeve, grabbing it with one hand while holding her Scythe with the other. "Gabriella!! Use this!!" Tia yells out to the attractive human, flinging it past Folco and the other foe towards the doorway, landing solidly so she can grab it.

R2T11: Gabriella, there is now a dagger in the doorway right by you, but it would provoke an AOO to pull it out. What do you do?

Morosino on deck, Aldo in the hole ...
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Not wanting to expose herself to an attack from the fell creature, Gabriella ignores the still quivering dagger and instead slashes at the thing with her fan.
    Spoiler
    Show

To hit [roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    To damage (1d4)[1]
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2019-12-11 at 11:26 PM.

15. - Top - End - #75

R2T11: Not wanting to expose herself to an attack from the fell creature, Gabriella ignores the still quivering dagger and instead slashes at the thing with her fan, but misses wildly.

Morosino delays ...

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T18:
    Aldo, what do you do?

Folco on deck, S3 in the hole ...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Of course, I suppose I spoke too soon."With a twinkle in his eye, Folco attempts a quick roll past the creature, before coming to his feet and pressing the attack once more.
    Show
    Acrobatics through S3s space into space directly behind. Inspired. Acrobatics: (1d20+9)[17] + (1d6)[4] Attack with rapier: (1d20+7)[22] Damage: (1d6+5)[7]

17. - Top - End - #77

R3T18: Aldo delays ...

R3T17: "Of course, I suppose I spoke too soon." With a twinkle in his eye, Folco attempts a quick roll past the creature, which doesn't happen, before coming to his feet, whereupon the female of the species claws him in the groin (with only his leather codpiece saving Folco from injury). Having almost been castrated, Folco presses the attack once more and stabs his rapier through her eye and out the back of her skull for 2 mod, before withdrawing the rapier and seeing he didn't do that much damage to her.

R3T14: S3 attacks again, this time clawing Folco's upper right leg for 6, with deep gouges. The pain makes Folco double over, which is enough to dodge the second claw.

R3T13: Tia, that last hit was brutal on Folco, and his breathing and standing balance is growing unsteady. What do you do?

Gabriella on deck, Folco in the hole, Aldo delaying...
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tia narrows her gaze at the creature. Clearly it was more of a threat than the others, that seemed to be made of paper. She considers her options, and then calls out to Folco. "You seem to be having trouble, I'm going to pull you out and take your place." With that, assuming he has no complaints, she grabs him and pulls him behind her, gripping her hands to form her Scythe again once she's covering him, a small amount of the shadow that seems to surround her siphoning off and surrounding this foe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Round Action: Grab Folco and move him to the space behind me while remaining in place.
    Free action: Reform Scythe that would have dissipated when she grabbed him
    Swift action: Claim S3, recovering my Spilled Salt counter

If necessary, will use Spilled Salt when S3 attacks.

19. - Top - End - #79

R3T13: Tia narrows her gaze at the creature. Clearly it was more of a threat than the others, that seemed to be made of paper. She considers her options, and then calls out to Folco. "You seem to be having trouble, I'm going to pull you out and take your place." With that, assuming he has no complaints, she releases her scythe (which disappears into nothingness), grabs him, and pulls him behind her. The skeleton slashes at him and Folco parries deftly but doesn't have time to do much more as he is deposited behind Tia, safe for now.
    Spoiler: Tia, Folco
    Show
    With her own equipment, the combination of Folco and his equipment is a heavy load for Tia, but that is still impressive to Folco that she proved burly enough to spin him around like that!

R3T11: Gabriella, what do you do?

Folco on deck, S3 in the hole, Aldo delaying ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Winded and hurt, Folco winces and laughs as he's set back down again. "My thanks. ... Be careful, those claws are sharp." Like a man taking a breather between rounds at a tennis match, Falco digs out a potion and swigs it down.
    Show
    Retrieve potion, swig potion of CLW, 5 foot step away from fight.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Frustrated by her first attempt to harm the creature, Gabriella tries again, slashing with her fan.
    Spoiler
    Show

to hit
    (1d20+3)[8]
    to damage
    (1d4)[4]

22. - Top - End - #82

R3T11: Frustrated by her first attempt to harm the creature, Gabriella tries again, slashing with her fan, but the fast woman easily dodges, unencumbered by the weight of flesh.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T17:
    Winded and hurt, Folco winces and laughs as he's set back down again. "My thanks. ... Be careful, those claws are sharp." Like a man taking a breather between rounds at a tennis match, Falco digs out a potion and swigs it down, getting 7 healing.

R4T14: The woman turns to the other woman that just whiffed a fan at her. A claw rakes along Gabriella's right thigh in much the same way as happened to Folco, tearing for 4. The other claw slashes along the inside of Gabriella's left wrist and forearm for 4. No doubt a scream is borne forth from the blonde noblewoman as it is she who now barely stands.

R4T13: Tia, what do you do?

Gabriella on deck, Folco in the hole, Aldo delaying ...
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tia watches the foe that had attacked Gabriella and starts to stride forward to it, gripping her hands together and allowing her Scythe to form. She starts speaking to this foe. "I don't believe you understand, but..." She swings her Scythe in a diagonal path at the foe. You!! She circles the blade around and swings a second time. "are fighting!!" She spins her blade up above her head and brings it down, hoping to cleave it in two from the top down. "ME!!!!!!" he yells as she pulls her weapon back into a ready stance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move five foot to reach the foe.
    Free action: Form Scythe
    Standard action: Attack

Attack roll (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage (2d4+4)[9] + (1d8)[3]

If this foe attacks at all she will use her Spilled Salt counter on it, no matter the target.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Gabriella staggers back, dripping dark blood from multiple wounds. She stops in the trash pile and draws out a healing potion panting in pain.

25. - Top - End - #85

R4T13: Tia watches the foe that had attacked Gabriella and starts to stride forward to it, gripping her hands together and allowing her Scythe to form. She starts speaking to this foe. "I don't believe you understand, but..." She swings her Scythe in a diagonal path at the foe. "You...." She circles the blade around and swings a second time. "...are fighting..." She spins her blade up above her head and brings it down, hoping to cleave it in two from the top down. "...ME!!!!!!" he yells as she pulls her weapon back into a ready stance. Alas, her weapon clicked against its skull, glancing off the armor on the shoulder, and is deflected.

R4T11: Gabriella staggers back, dripping dark blood from multiple wounds. In doing so, the mindless monster reaches out to claw her. Noticing this, Tia makes a quick maneuver to try and curse the attack, but even in doing so the monster still slashes Gabriela across the chest for 5, dropping her.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T17:
    Folco, you are feeling much better, but now you are edged out of combat. You did not hear Gabriella go down, so to the best of your knowledge she is still facing the woman from just inside the door (that you probably couldn't get to anyway, having tried to tumble past it before). What do you do?

S3 on deck, Tia in the hole, Aldo delaying...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Aldo considered running. Things were starting to go south and he barely knew these folk. However, the fear that the Hellknights were right on their tail was enough to trap him; he was screwed either way, but he was more likely to take on whatever had fell the noblewoman than a Hellknight, so he stepped forward, attacking the thing as to get a way out.
    Show
    MA: Move up to the thing.
    SA: Attack! (1d20+7)[10] (1d4+4)[5]
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tia is fuming at this point. She can see in her peripheral vision the collapsed lady, who had fallen trying to escape her pursuer, despite Tia's best attempts to stop it. Folco had taken a nasty hit, Gabriella was down, and this thing was getting on Tia's last nerve. Folco had made a point to want to rejoin the fray, but she hoped it wouldn't have to come to that. She lunges in with a direct strike from her Scythe, giving up on her theatrical fighting style for the moment. After she pulls her blade back, she steps back a little, offering Folco the attempt to dive in and finish the job.

Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Attack!!!!
    Attack roll (1d20+6)[16]
    Damage (2d4+4)[8] + (1d8)[6]

Free action: 5 foot step back to allow Folco in if the foe survives.

28. - Top - End - #88

R5T18: Aldo considered running. Things were starting to go south and he barely knew these folk. However, the fear that the Hellknights were right on their tail was enough to trap him; he was screwed either way, but he was more likely to take on whatever had fell the noblewoman than a Hellknight, so he stepped forward, attacking the thing as to get a way out, but finding that the wanton-for-water-weight-woman easily ducks Aldo's stage-combat style strike. A strike that is all about excess show to the audience on the windup, and one which Aldo finds is ill suited for mortal combat.

R5T17.5: Morosino surprises with bravery (for a child) as he moves through the trash pile to get to Gabriella, and then takes out one of her healing potions.

R5T17: Folco calls out, "Tia, step back!" but otherwise delays.

R5T14: The skeletal woman, with no end of things to hit coming into her range, now slashes at Aldo. One claw misses, and the other is double-parried by both of his strange little sword constructs.

R5T13: Tia is fuming at this point. She can see in her peripheral vision the collapsed lady, who had fallen trying to escape her pursuer, despite Tia's best attempts to stop it. Folco had taken a nasty hit, Gabriella was down, and this thing was getting on Tia's last nerve. Folco had made a point to want to rejoin the fray, but she hoped it wouldn't have to come to that. She lunges in with a direct strike from her Scythe, giving up on her theatrical fighting style for the moment. And that is just what is needed as a burst of positive energy issues from the scythe to turn the woman into dust!

R5T11: Gabriella is bleeding ...

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T18:
    Aldo delays, seeing that Morosino has what Gabriella needs at the ready ...

R6T17.5: Morosino feeds the potion slowly and carefully to Gabriella, healing her for 9 (max)!

Gabriella, you are awake now. Badly wounded, but alive, with no enemy about.

Combat Ends ...
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89

Eventually, the PCs get to something like a den in the sewers, with a marker pointing upward to the sewer entrance trap door. As Morosino will explain, this sewer access is located in an out-of-the-way alley behind a condemned Shrine of Aroden that now serves as a safe house. Morosino tells the PCs to knock on the door.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tia will knock, while Via watches the other direction for her.