New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Council of Thieves [Bastards of Erebus] (IC)

Rather than try and get up the carriage, Aldo decided to throw his mind blade at the ballista operator.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ranged attack (1d20+8)[17] (1d4+4)[5]
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

R4T11: Rather than try and get up the carriage, Aldo decided to throw his mind blade at the ballista operator. The vertical cover is enough to protect the man, however, and the soulknfe deflects off of his armor before disappearing.

R4T10-9: A2 & A4 now take off in a full run.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T25:
    Erasmus steps up to A6, which incidentally puts him out of targeting of the "gunner." He attacks with his starknife, but misses.

R5T20: A3 now opens into a full run.

R5T19: Yet another burst of light from within the carriage.

R5T18: Meijen kneels down and puts a hand on the fallen leader, holy power going into him for 5 healing. This is enough to be sure he is stable, but not enough to wake him. a quick search reveals a set of keys. "I believe I have the keys. "Tia, take these to the back of the wagon to free Arael!" He then calls out very loudly, "Gabriella, if you can hear me! Get ready for us to get back to you. We are almost done."

R5T17: A1 targets Tia, clipping her head with the ballista, the fell bolt doing 7 damage. A1 then grabs another ballista bolt from the side of the wagon.

R5T16: Gabriella, you hear shouts and calls of battle but you don't hear either your name or Meijen's cue to you. Just more battle chatter. What do you do?

Tia on deck, A6 in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Gabriella watches and listens to the battle and readies the horses to ride.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tia dashes past Meijin, claiming the keys from him as he passes, and makes her way to the back of the wagon, ready to unlock it as fast as she can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions: Move to where the door of the wagon is, and get the keys from Meijin as she does. I'm not sure how the breakdown of actions would work, so I leave it to you.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

5. - Top - End - #155

R5T16: Gabriella watches and listens to the battle and readies the horses to ride.

R5T14: Tia dashes past Meijin, claiming the keys from him as she passes.
    Spoiler: Tia
    Show
    Sorry, it takes a MA to get to Meijen, and a MA to "pick up an object." True that it is an attended object, but it being handed to you keeps it as effectively unattended to remain a MA vice a SA, not that it matters this round, but if it comes up again. Tia understands the limitations of speed, so likely grabbed the keys from Meijen like a relay racer, so not in getting to him, but just past him. Now, if you had Spring Attack ..

R5T13: A6, still feeling a little woozy from looking at all that blood, drops his crossbow on the bench next to him, pulls his longsword, and swings at Erasmus with as much power as he can muster, but his height is perhaps a little too much, and Folco and the armiger learns that Erasmus is surprisingly spry as he ducks the attack.

R5T12: Folco, this armiger seems to be distracted by something, but he does have the advantage of high ground. What do you do?

Aldo on deck, A2/A4 in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Aldo groaned. Fine. He'd really been hoping to avoid climbing this thing, but if he can't deal with this guy from a distance, he'd have to get up there himself.
    Show
    Climb my way up there, I guess. (1d20-1)[2]

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

Folco continues his assault on the armiger, if only to keep him from taking more shots or getting the horses moving again.
    Show
    Attack A6 with Rapier.

Rapier: (1d20+8)[18] Damage: (1d6+5)[6]
    Parry: (1d20+8)[17] Riposte: (1d20+8)[28] Damage: (1d6+5)[7]

8. - Top - End - #158

R5T12: Folco continues his assault on the armiger, if only to keep him from taking more shots or getting the horses moving again. His rapier finds a point on the chainmail to hit the "graze" the man's arm for 6.

R5T11: Aldo groaned. Fine. He'd really been hoping to avoid climbing this thing, but if he can't deal with this guy from a distance, he'd have to get up there himself. Of course, since the beginning of the climb is the 2' free board before the bottom of the wagon, the weak-armed halfling (after releasing his remaining soulknife) finds that he can't heft the bottom two-thirds of his body up to really even get to a position where he can use his arms.

R5T10-9: A2 & A4 are far enough away in a full run to be considered to be fully off-map and out of battle.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T25:
    Erasmus steps back from the armiger, calls for aid from Vendira and when he casts a spell, it is not his voice but a woman's that you hear. He touches himself for 4 healing.

R6T20: A3 is removed from battle after a run.

R6T18: Meijen moves over to A5's fallen form. Not sure if he is alive or dead, Meijen puts a hand on the man and prays to Shelyn, giving him 5 healing. The man is awake now, and Meijen says, "Your friends flee, your leader is vanquished. Get up in safety, and run Citadel Rivad. Or rethink your life and choose another path."

R6T17: A1 takes another large bolt from the side of the wagon and loads it.

R6T16: Gabriella, what do you do?

Tia on deck, A6 in the hole ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

If the horses are ready, Gabriella waits and watches.

10. - Top - End - #160

R6T16: With the horses readied, Gabriella waits and watches.

R6T14: Tia, what do you do?

A6 on deck, Folco in the hole ...
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tia moves to the door and unlocks it with the keys she got from Meijin.

12. - Top - End - #162

R6T14: Tia moves to the door and begins unlocking it with the keys she got from Meijin. There are two separate keys, so she had to check which one fit.

R6T13: A6 steps away from the two attackers, pulls out a potion, and drinks it, and now he is fully healed.

R6T12: Folco, what do you do?

Aldo on deck, A5 in the hole ...
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Folco hops up onto the headboard, slashing at his distracted foe. "Face me, coward!" Folco shouts, frustrated at the lack of any fight out of the armiger.

Show
    Move onto headboard, space directly above A6. Rapier attack at A6.
    rapier: (1d20+8)[14] Damage: (1d6)[3]
    Parry: (1d20+8)[21] Riposte: (1d20+8)[15] Damage: (1d6+5)[7]

14. - Top - End - #164

R6T12: Folco hops up onto the headboard, slashing at his distracted foe, the cut stopped by the chainmail .... probably because rapiers aren't good at slashing. "Face me, coward!" Folco shouts, frustrated at the lack of any fight out of the armiger.

R6T11: Aldo, what do you do?

A5 on deck, Erasmus in the hole ...
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Aldo redoubled his efforts to get up the carriage, hoping to get into striking distance.
    Show
    I will try to climb it. Since a Climb check is a MA, I will roll 2 checks. If the first one successfully gets me up top, I will summon my mind blade with the second MA. I will use a point of my guile pool for each attempt, so I will have either 4 or 3 left, depending on if the first is successful.
    (1d20+1)[15]
    (1d20+1)[9]

16. - Top - End - #166

R6T11: Aldo redoubled his efforts to get up the carriage, hoping to get into striking distance. The toughest part is hauling himself high enough so that his legs find purchase. Once that happens, he finally makes his way up and onto the carriage. However, it was enough of an effort that he is unable to summon a mindblade yet.

R6T1: A5 stands, shakily. He sees the signifier lying on the ground. "Is he...?"

"He's alive," Meijen answers.

"I will stay behind to see to him, but I won't use a potion on him until you're gone."

Meijen nods. A5 does walk over to Shanwen, leaving his own sword behind on the ground.

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T25:
    Erasmus moves to the wagon to pick up his bolas.

R7T18: Meijen moves to the wagon and threatens the armiger with his sword.

R7T17: A1 looks at the halfling in front of him, turns the turret downwards some, and shoots at Aldo with the massive ballista at point blank range. It seems that Asmodeus truly blesses this armiger, as this is about the third crit he has scored. The ballista bolt all but staples Aldo to the deck for 16, and Aldo gives a sharp cry before falling down on the wagontop.

R7T16: Gabriella, you are a distance away and it does look like your friends have the battle in hand, but there might be a casualty as you have a better vantage than anyone else that Aldo was just dropped atop the wagon from a ballista bolt at zero range.

Tia on deck (you heard Aldo's cry and a 'thump'), A6 in the hole ...
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Aldo! Watch out for...never mind.”

Gabby will continue to watch and wait.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Tia hesitates for a moment, and then continues unlocking the wagon, hoping to let Arael out.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Tia still has actions left after freeing Arael, she'll attempt to climb on top of the wagon to help with the foe manning the ballista.

Climb check, if needed. (1d20+6)[17]

19. - Top - End - #169

R7T16: “Aldo! Watch out for...never mind.” Gabby continues to watch and wait.

R7T14: Tia hesitates for a moment, and then continues unlocking the wagon, hoping to let Arael out.
    Spoiler: Tia
    Show
    It is a FRA to open this lock. It is not designed to be a quick open. In fact, specifically designed not to be so. Also, correction .... there are three keys on this keychain.

R7T13.5: A man you assume is Arael comes out of the wagon and hops down next to Tia. He is a handsome half-elf with a severe expression. Even though he was manacled, his hands hold a holy symbol of Iomedae. "Thank you," he smiles as he takes the keys from Tia. "The hood is a nice touch. Armband, too. I will deal with me and unlock my belongings from the front. Continue to secure the scene and make things safe for your friends."
    R713: A6 attacks the man against whom he has a height advantage (Meijen) with a power strike, but Meijen blocks the sword. He also no longer seems to be sickened from the sight of blood, as the two men fighting him is increasing his adrenaline.

R7T12: Folco, from your position on the bench, you saw Aldo drop. If you attack A1 instead of A6, he has cover (which is why you didn't get an AOO when he shot Aldo). What do you do?

Aldo on deck (literally, stabilization check needed), Erasmus in the hole ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Folco hops up onto the roof of the wagon with renewed urgency... "That'll be quite enough out of you!" He shouts as he lunges for the ballista operator.

Show
    Move into free space on roof adjacent to A1, then attack A1. Parry and Riposte as normal, unless A1 tries to get a shot off or reload beforehand... Then Ill just use my AOO on that.
    Rapier: (1d20+8)[10] Damage: (1d6+5)[10]

21. - Top - End - #171

R7T12: Folco hops up onto the roof of the wagon with renewed urgency. "That'll be quite enough out of you!" he shouts as he lunges for the ballista operator. It is not a great attack, but as his blade glides along the chain links, it is enough to get A1's attention.

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T25:
    Erasmus leaves Meijen to handle the forward armiger and he moves quickly to the back. "I thought so," says Erasmus, seeing Tia and seeming worried for her. His eyes glow, and he speaks a in a voice that seems to old for himself, casting inflict light wounds and touching Tia to give her 4 mod healing.

R8T18: Meijen steps to the side so that A6 has to deal with horse flank and not a clean cut. The elf casts a spell on the man's sword. A6 has a little trouble holding it, as if it were slicked by something, but two solid hands on it keeps his hold true.

R8T17: A1 grabs his sword and slashes at Folco with a power strike, which ..... as his habit of rolling a '20' continues ... he crits Folco in the chest for 12!

Gabby delays ...

R8T14: Tia, what do you do?

Arael on deck, A6 in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-01-03 at 10:20 PM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Now that Arael has been set free, Tia sets her sights on ending the fight. "Thanks for that. I was hurting pretty bad, to be honest." After she thanks Erasmus, she moves to the side of the wagon and starts climbing it, hoping to reach the top and help take out the ballista operator.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to climb the wagon.

Climb check (1d20+6)[10]
    If necessary, a second one (1d20+6)[12]

If I can take an attack after climbing, she'll form her scythe and take an attack

Attack (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage (2d4+4)[11] + (1d8)[4]

23. - Top - End - #173

R8T14: Now that Arael has been set free, Tia sets her sights on ending the fight. "Thanks for that. I was hurting pretty bad, to be honest." After she thanks Erasmus, she moves to the side of the wagon and starts climbing it, hoping to reach the top and help take out the ballista operator. She proves herself a moderate climber .... enough to get to the top (but not attack).

R8T13.5: Arael moves around to the north side of the wagon's bench area, but still on the ground, waiting for that armiger to fall or quit the field.

R8T13: A6 is unable to continue holding his sword, and his sword drops down between the team of horses in front of the bench. Without a weapon, he shouts, "I yield! I yield!" and jumps down and runs away, unharried by Meijen.

R8T12: Folco, what do you do? Tia just joined you above, and you are squared off against the last combatant ... A1.

A1 on deck, Erasmus in the hole, Gabby delaying ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-01-04 at 08:28 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It's not too late, friend. You're surrounded. If you wish to walk away, we'll let you." Folco snarls, sword point leveled at the man's throat. His eyes burn with an unnatural light.
    Show
    Attempting to demoralize A1, taking ten on the check (As per my trait), and inspiring. Will Parry and Riposte as normal.
    Inspiration: (1d6)[3]
    Parry: (1d20+8)[13] Riposte: (1d20+8)[12] Damage: (1d6+5)[7]

25. - Top - End - #175

R8T12: "It's not too late, friend. You're surrounded. If you wish to walk away, we'll let you." Folco snarls, sword point leveled at the man's throat. His eyes burn with an unnatural light.

End Round 8, Begin Round 9 ...

R9T25:
    Erasmus puts his starknife away, and moves over and climbs onto the wagon.

R9T18: Meijen casts a spell at A1's sword, but A1 keeps his hand on his newly greased weapon.

R9T17: A1, still holding his weapon, buts it in his scabbard. Wordlessly, A1 hops onto the bench.

R9T14: Tia, what do you do?

Arael on deck, Folco in the hole, Gabriella delaying ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Ignoring the soldier, who appears to have surrendered, Tia will pull out one of her potions and administer it to Aldo, hoping to heal him before his wounds get any more severe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Pull out potion of Cure Light Wounds
    Standard action: Use potion on Aldo

Healing (1d8+1)[9]

27. - Top - End - #177

R9T14: Ignoring the soldier, who appears to have surrendered, Tia pulls out one of her potions and administers it to Aldo, hoping to heal him before his wounds get any more severe. This potion was particularly efficacious, as Aldo receives 9 healing!

R9T13.5: Arael uses the keys to undo his manacles, letting them drop to the ground.

R9T12: Folco, what do you do?

Aldo (conscious) on deck (prone), Erasmus in the hole ...
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Folco keeps his sword leveled at A1, turning to keep him in sight. "Wise choice." Then, saying back to Tia... "How is he?". It's clear he's in a bit of pain, and trying to hide it.

Show
    Full Defense. Parry and Riposte as normal.

29. - Top - End - #179

R9T12: Folco keeps his sword leveled at A1, turning to keep him in sight. "Wise choice." Then, saying back to Tia... "How is he?". It's clear he's in a bit of pain, and trying to hide it.

R9T11: Aldo, you are prone on the roof of the back of the wagon. What do you do?

Erasmus on deck, Meijen in the hole ...
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Aldo wakes with a start. He looked about for a second, and deciding since he was not facing Pharasma nor in a dark interrogation chamber, things were clearly not as bad as they could be. After confirming that they still appeared to be on the mission, he decided to cover his fear with flippancy. "Sorry, took a little nap there. What did I miss?"
    Show
    MA: Get to my feet.