New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Corporate WW IC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Corporate WW IC

Spoiler: Recruitment Post
    Show
    Welcome to Corporation Inc.! Our mission statement is to synergize our output to maximize our assets. Unfortunately, it seems that some of our competitors are trying to steal our secrets. Following standard protocol, we have sealed the exits until we can be sure that these spies have been dealt with. Everyone, please log on to the nearest access terminal to determine who to remove access from.

This'll be a standard Werewolf game, albeit with everyone having a power role. Days and nights will each be 48h.

If two people scry the same target, they will receive a “no result.”

Spoiler: Worker Roles
    Show
    IT Worker: you have learned most of the backdoors and shortcomings in the code. Hell, you put more than a few of them there yourself. Whenever you are targeted by a night action, assuming you survive, you gain that action. Unfortunately, you may only use it once for each time you are targeted.

SYSADMIN: These regulations are only there to slow you down. You know who belongs here, and luckily the system can buckle under your weight. Sure, you'll have a mountain of paperwork to deal with afterwards, but it'll be worth it if you get to be done with this fiasco. Every night, you can choose one person to kill. Unless blocked by the Archivist, they will die.

Archivist: Your job is to transfer information from one location to another. Ad infinitum. You've become pretty good at making backups of things, however. Every night you may target one person. They become immune to the night kill that night. Unfortunately, the system automatically removes redundant backups, so you cannot target the same person twice in a row.

CEO's Child: Daddy got you this job, so Daddy will make sure you keep out of trouble. At any point, you may PM me asking me to confirm your role in public and I will.

Accountant: You watch as numbers exchange locations for any irregularities. You've gotten good enough to realize when these irregularities could prove disastrous. Once per night, you may scry one player. You are told if they're a Spy or a Worker. Note that the Long-Term Plant will show up as a Worker, since they've been here long enough to not appear suspicious.

Friendly Annoyance: You have everyone on your CC line for every "funny" and "hilarious" email your Uncle Phil forwards you. Once per night, you may tell me a player. They will receive a message of "Hi, I'm [PLAYER NAME] and I'm a Worker!

Proxy: You've learned to shrug your responsibilities off on others. Unfortunately, the interaction has a bit of a loophole. Every night, you choose someone to pawn your work off on. Anything other than a night kill targeting you will fail. However, if the person you're trying to hide behind is killed, so are you.

Experimental Coder: You've been churning out new code nonstop, and at this point you're pretty sure your blood is 20% Red Bull. Every night you can choose a player to gain Bundle A, Bundle B, or Bundle C. This will give them a one-use power the next night in addition to their normal action. What do the bundles do? That's for the testers to figure out.

Contingency Planner: You've figured out a way to wriggle yourself firmly into the code, and it's going to take quite a bit to extract you. The Day after you die, you get a vote. However, you may only post once and that vote may be of nothing more than your vote. If you do not meet the 10 character post minimum, you may include qwertyuiop at the end of your vote.

Retaliator: You have found a way to manipulate your death-code into a kill-code. When you die, someone who voted for you (if you were lynched) or one of the people who night killed you (either the SYSADMIN or a random Spy) will also die.

Code Thief: The only reason you've been able to stay in the workplace this long is by pawning other people's work off as your own. Every night, you may choose someone to steal from. The following day, they lose their vote and you gain an additional vote (used privately by telling only me). You may not target the same person twice in a row.

Spoiler: Spies
    Show
    Long-Term Plant: You have been here long enough to be seen as one of the workers here. When you are scried, you will show up as a Worker instead of a Spy.

Backup Deleter: You have figured out how to wipe all of the Archivist's work. Once. One time throughout the game, you may insure that the night kill cannot be blocked.

Virus Creator: Your specialty is getting computers to conveniently to forget information. One time throughout the game, you may erase the computer's records of someone you're about to nightkill. Their role will not be revealed at the end of the Night.

Gambler: Your high comes off of guessing anything properly. Every night you may predict who will be lynched the following Day. If you're right, you gain the ability to scry the following night, being told their role.

Recruitment will end when we have 15 players or on 12/9, whichever comes first.

Player List:
    1. AvatarVecna Died N2
    2. flyinglemur
    3. gac3 Died D2
    4. PartyOfRouges
    5. Xihirli
    6. Unavenger Died N2
    7. JeenLeen
    8. flat_footed Died D1
    9. The Outsider
    10. Caerulea
    11. oblivionkeeper7 Died N1
    12. Elenna
    13. kgato503
    14. Grek
    15. YoshiCline

If-needed:
    1. Libro

Someone's broken in. You don't know who, you don't know how, but somehow it happened. You log on to your nearest terminal to determine who needs to be locked out. You've been with Corporation Inc. for 13 years now, and you're due for a promotion any day now. You're not gonna let a little corporate espionage get in your way.

BasketOfPuppies was killed. They were the CEO.

One more thing I forgot to bring up: feel free to PM people, but make sure to also send the PM to me. If y'all contact each other offsite, please either copy-paste or summarize the interaction to me.

Day 1 starts now. Day 1 will end in 48h.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-12-10 at 03:13 AM.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Corporate WW IC

We need to paradigm the synergism of the e-commerce to firewall the RAM.

In that manner, I nominate AvatarVecna to get fired.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Xihirli, for jargon filled technobabble overuse.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Donuts in the break room, spies in the server, butts in the seat. Let's try not to get fired!

Let's take a look at kgato503, on the basis that #13 is always evil and that it keeps up the trend of voting for the person above you.
    Last edited by Grek; 2019-12-02 at 07:37 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

BlueWizardGirl

I suppose the only possible response allowed by the conclusion of last weeks meeting is to continue following trends in an innovative manner so as to maximise our exposure. Thank you for following policy, Grek.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

I vote for Caerulea, closing the circle of votes.

BANG!

...wait, wrong game mode, ignore that.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #7

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hello gac3 please get poke'd.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

I would join the circle but it's been closed. Maybe we can start our own. Flyinglemur
    Last edited by gac3; 2019-12-02 at 07:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Hmm, this is going to be tricky. Perhaps I could help things along by overclocking the DDOS root... dang it, no dice. Wait! Someone here is disencrypting the backdoor Django and tripping me up... PartyOfRouges! What do you have to say for yourself?
    Last edited by The Outsider; 2019-12-03 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Strike through vote

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Urgh... I was just about to take my 15-minute break when management decides to do some stupid drill. I knew I shoulda taken vacation day today.

...wait, what? This isn't a drill? And the CEO just got "fired" by whatever is going on? I have no clue at all what that will mean by the end of the day, but there's no way I'm letting them get me canned.
    I need that pension to pay out. Still annoying, though. Doors locked. Gotta stay logged in. Well, I can at least visit that webcomic forum between whatever I gotta do here.

Can't believe the employee handbook was accurate in saying that, in case of spies, we vote who is actually an employee. I was sure that was a joke some clerk entered and nobody bothered to edit it. Hmm... maybe it started out that way. Policy is policy, after all.

In the meantime, poke Elenna.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2019-12-02 at 02:15 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Ahh, the smell of a new game, fresh and salty. I'll vote kgato503, because they always seem just a little suspicious to me.
    Last edited by flyinglemur; 2019-12-03 at 02:56 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    Donuts in the break room, spies in the server, butts in the seat. Let's try not to get fired!

Let's take a look at kgato503, on the basis that #13 is always evil and that it keeps up the trend of voting for the person above you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinglemur View Post
    Ahh, the smell of a new game, fresh and salty. I'll vote kgato503, because they always seem just a little suspicious to me.
    Last game, or both previous games (my memory fails me), I found it suspicious when someone first put the second vote on someone, as flyinglemur has done so now.
    However, it turned out that the first person to put the vote was actually the real baddie. As someone rightly stated, eventually we need a second vote on someone in order for real info-generation to begin.

So I'll drop my poke-vote from Elenna and put a vote on Grek.
    Now we have two people with two votes (Grek & kgato503). Let the generation of information packets begin as we see how data circulates about these two points of interest.

Real life & in-character: now to get away from this voting stuff and really get some coding done. Yeesh, late to work today AND a deadline today AND this comes up. Which admittingly is more interesting than the code to finish that project.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Well if we are doubling up now. Let's try Avatar Vecna since they didn't trust me last time.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

I dont even know why in in here with you losers. Sure, I'll vote against AvatarVecna, since they didn't friend me on facebook.

Also BTW, I ate the last donut :)
    Last edited by oblivionkeeper7; 2019-12-02 at 07:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionkeeper7 View Post
    I dont even know why in in here with you losers. Sure, I'll vote against AvatarVecna, since they didn't friend me on facebook.

Also BTW, I ate the last donut :)
    First time playing? They make votes red to make it easier to find and count when the time comes.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Thanks! :) I'll edit

17. - Top - End - #17

WhiteWizardGirl

I'm changing my vote to oblivionkeeper7 because A] I have no particular reason to be suspicious of kgato503 (beyond their fiendish ID number!) and B] putting a third vote on someone with no discussion seems weird to me.
    Last edited by Grek; 2019-12-02 at 10:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

"I'll get you fired if you keep talking smack like that"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

oblivionkeeper's third vote on AV is a bit weird, but it seems more likely to be a new player just randomly poking someone without really knowing what to do, and I don't like to vote for new players D1 without good reason.

As such, kgato503 on the basis of they haven't shown up yet.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2019-12-02 at 11:08 PM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

20. - Top - End - #20

BlueWizardGirl

flyinglemur, you must have known that putting the first second vote on someone was going to draw you attention. Why'd you do it? Just suspicion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    As such, kgato503 on the basis of they haven't shown up yet.
    Blatent lies!
    Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    Xihirli, for jargon filled technobabble overuse.
    Also by my count the votes are:

flyinglemur (1): Caerulea
    gac3 (1): Unavenger
    PartyOfRouges (1): The Outsider
    Xihirli (1): kgato503
    Caerulea (1): AvatarVecna
    kgato503 (2): flyinglemur,Elenna
    Grek (1): JeenLeen
    oblivionkeeper7 (1): Grek
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2019-12-02 at 09:54 PM. Reason: GitP, why must you post 4 times for each time I click submit reply
    Extended Signature.

she/her

21. - Top - End - #21

oblivionkeeper7 is the CEO’s Child.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

22. - Top - End - #22

WhiteWizardGirl

Well, I'm noting Nobody for now then, since oblivionkeeper7 is CEO's Child. I WOULD very much like to hear from flyinglemur, but I'm not about to put a third vote there this early.
    Last edited by Grek; 2019-12-03 at 01:33 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Huh, I would have thought it a bit early for that reveal.

Changing my vote to Elenna for blatant lies (I was the second person to vote).

- - - Updated - - -

On a related note, I have the following as having not voted yet: PartyOfRouges, flat_footed (which is normal, at this point ), and YoshiCline.

PSA for any new comers: I strongly recommend voting on Day 1. It is considered poor form not to (on this forum), and someone will inevitably vote for your career's demise if you fail to vote. The rationale is that it provides valuable info later in the game.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

...I swear I did a Ctrl-F for kgato's name???

Anyways, not a fan of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    flyinglemur, you must have known that putting the first second vote on someone was going to draw you attention. Why'd you do it? Just suspicion?
    Drawing attention is more generally a town thing to do in my experience, and IMO putting a second vote on someone is a pro-town thing to do as it usually increases talking, voting, etc, which helps town figure stuff out. Therefore, moving my vote to Caerulea.
    Last edited by Elenna; 2019-12-03 at 08:24 AM.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

25. - Top - End - #25

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Drawing attention is more generally a town thing to do in my experience, and IMO putting a second vote on someone is a pro-town thing to do as it usually increases talking, voting, etc, which helps town figure stuff out. Therefore, moving my vote to Caerulea.
    You know, at first I thought: ah, flyinglemur has made himself the center of attention. Clearly, no wolf would do that. My second thought was: but, an experienced player would know this. The benefit of increased activity could be outweighed by a general town-lean towards a wolf. Perhaps they are a wolf after all. Then, I decided to poke them for more information, as they didn't have any votes on them at the time.

(Unrelated, is GitP being really, really laggy with replies, edits, and reloads for anyone else?)
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2019-12-02 at 11:14 PM.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Alright, here's the thing, I didn't actually intend to start a wagon. I didn't realize Kgato had a vote, I just wanted to put something out there, and make a joke about kgato's inherent suspiciousness. Because he just always seems to have a suspicious air. I don't know why, it's probably a fault of my own psychology. There's no real reason to change the votes at this point though. Someone has to be lynched on day 1 after all.

Also, I've definitely noticed lag in the forums, starting from like last night. Sometimes it gets really slow to open a new page.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

I don't know, FlyingLemur is being awfully suspicious. And he's gotta be new because he definitely wasn't at the Christmas party last year.

28. - Top - End - #28

@Caerulea: I’m having that issue too

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Yeah, I've been having problems with the forum being slow as well (although, not all the time).

In other news, I seem to be very missable today .

@ Elenna and flyinglemur: Accidents happen, and I am willing to believe both of you...For now.

I am undecided on the current wagons, and may change my vote again before the end of the day, but I don't have a strong enough reason to move off Elenna right now (no offense). PartyOfRouges already has a pressure vote (and I see no reason to make them yet another wagon contender), and history has shown that flat_footed tends to be late to D1, so I don't think a vote on them will do much right now.

@ Caerulea: I see D1 isn't even over yet and we are already in WIFOM (Wine In Front Of Me) territory

Current vote leaders (I think):
    AvatarVecna* (3): gac3, Xihirli, oblivionkeeper7
    Caerulea (2): AvatarVecna, Elenna
    flyinglemur (2): Caerulea, YoshiCline

30. - Top - End - #30
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    (Unrelated, is GitP being really, really laggy with replies, edits, and reloads for anyone else?)
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    @Caerulea: I’m having that issue too
    The Fullmetal Mod: We're aware.

In other news, flyinglemur.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2019-12-03 at 10:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature