New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Secret of mana IC thread

Wendel.

If the times of peace has truly arrived you can see and feel it in no place more strongly than in Wendel. The town is surrounded by idyllic farmhouses that produce the necessary foodstuffs for the major town. The rabite barns are more like open places with a fence that the rabites can easily overcome if they want to but they'll always find food and a safe shelter there and the unintelligent brethren of the awakened rabites life a simple but nice life there.

The big wall that surrounds the town seem to both be a warning and a welcome for anyone that seeks shelter behind them. They are controls at the gates but they are in no way draconic or even really hindering for the visitor.

Spoiler: Larimar and Coney
    Show
    These controlls are a new addition, normally you can go inside wendel without any controlls.

Inside of the town there are a plethora of individuals, both humanoids and monsters conversing, trading and living together seemingly without any ill-blood. Shortly behind the gates there is a human bard, playing the lire, with a rabite beside him, singing to accompany his play. There are a group of Chobins who opened a stand to sell "the best apples in the whole realm" to the citizens of Wendel. If you are long enough in the town you can see an elemental or spirit of every element and a moon spirit happily sleeping on the roof of the great mana cathredal till the night takes over the town, so it can awaken and fly about.

Spoiler: General information
    Show
    Elementals and spirits of the six Elements (earth, fire, water, wind/thunder, light and Darkness) are fairly common, spirits of the moon and dryad are more rare and are not seen often in the wilderness. That you can see some here is definitely an unusual sight.

You are all called to gather in a small house besides the cathedral, because every one of you was called here. The room is small and cozy, there are some chairs and one bench strewn about the room and one table with some fresh fruits on it. When the last of you come here you don't have to wait five minutes till a door opens where the high priest of Wendel nearly falls out of. He staggers towards you, a series of six blue bottles floating behind him. He straightens himself and seems to inspect all of you. He is a strange figure, he has white hair that is full of black strains so it's hard to determine what his most prominent hair-color actually is. He wears a robe where one half is pitch black and the other half seems to be a nearly two-dimensional white. He also wears two pitch black gloves that hide delicate fingers. His face seems very young but also stressed out. He wears a dark veil and under the places where his eyes should be you can glance at some dark purple bags.

Spoiler: Thaum
    Show
    He looks horrible, you're pretty sure you have someone before you who haven't slept in several days and the only way he keeps himself up and going is through sheer willpower. You think he looks at you an idea longer than the other people in the room and gives you a slight nod.

Spoiler: Coney
    Show
    He looks totally down. You have never seen him like that before and the youthful energy he seems to give off is replaced by a more manic determination. You also can't help but notice that this is the first time you saw him wearing that gloves.

Spoiler: Rina
    Show
    He looked a bit sleepy the first time you saw him but now he looks like he would keel over in the next moment.

"I'm very happy that you were able to come here. I called for you because I have a... Problem that I can't solve alone to my chargrin." His speech sounds a bit slurred and sometimes he tries to catch himself and speak in a more coherent tone but he is not able to keep the exhaustion out of his voice. "I have many duties and I feel like I have even more. The desire to keep this town… To keep Wendel being a save haven takes a lot of time and effort and to top that off, a good and dear friend of mine… Has been cursed, or afflicted with a disease I can't cure, even with all the power I could muster to throw at the problem I can only keep him alive and I fear even that may prove too difficult in the long run."

He stops for a moment, draws a deep breath and adresses you. "But there is still hope. Through some informants I have acquired the knowledge that the sprite wisp, has gone to the Cascade caverns. If it was done through reasons of nostalgia or other reasons I don't know, but I'm sure if you tell her about my predicament she will surely help. I would go myself but I fear I'm the only one capable of keeping my friend alive and..." He stops himself for a moment and shakes his head to clear his thoughts, his voice seems too be more shaky than already. "I can't shake the feeling that this curse may be only a distraction for someone to attack Wendel. I hope that this is only lack of sleep talking but..." He interrupts himself and even goes to one knee before you.

"I fear you are the only ones I can really trust right know. I need the other capable individuals to defend Wendel should my fears become a reality and as far as I know you're all have the abilities and the heart needed to do this task. The caverns still house dangerous monsters and the arrival of wisp may have awakened some sleeping monsters, despite my efforts of making it save for pilgrims. Please accept this, only for you to hear my story." He weaves to the six floating bottles and they float to each one of you to take one.

Show
    Should you take one you immediately know that it's a healing potions. Undine's power practically radiating from it.

"Someone should also take this." He flicks his wrist and in his hand appears a small figurine depicting the goddess of mana. "It will give you light in the caverns and the intelligent and unintelligent monsters should both know it enough right know too keep them at bay. Though some may also be enraged by it. I can't really help anyone right know if I can't solve this problem first. I know I'm being selfish by making the life of a dear friend more important then other problems but I can't let him just die." He exhales heavily and let his head sink in shame.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2021-03-02 at 05:59 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Secret of mana IC thread

The slender figure clad in a loose, white robe strides forward with purpose, princess-like fingers plucking the bottle out of the air and the figurine out of the high priest's hand almost absentmindedly and letting them disappear in a pouch.

"I believe you have had quite enough dramatic self-flagellation for the day, Your Holiness," Thaum says, and in what may send particularly devout acolytes into confused hissy-fits, the healer simply grabs the high priest under the arms, lifts him back onto his feet, and hands him a well-worn quarterstaff to maintain his balance. "While recommending some direly needed sleep would be a rather futile endeavor at the moment, I will insist on a cane, as it would not do to have your friend pass away and Wendel thrown into chaos because their high priest tripped and cracked open his head." Thaum's voice, androgynous as it sounds nowadays, makes it quite clear no protestations will be accepted on the matter, even if there is a bit of mirth in it. A quick melodious incantation is followed by another, simpler one, creating a shining drop of Undine's elemental water in the air, dropping upon the high priest's head, causing a brief glow to suffuse him, and taking some of his exhaustion with it.

With the more pressing concerns dealt with, Thaum steps back again, the shoulder-length hair blue like the brilliant sea and falling just a little too slow and with less weight than it should have. "There is little I can do against the beasts of the caverns, but I would be happy to provide what healing and bolstering I can to this endeavor." Curiously golden eyes with a strange glow deep within them glance to the other brave souls assembled, with a warm smile on the healer's lips.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Thaum casts healing lorecall, followed by cure minor wounds, removing the high priest's exhaustion or fatigue (whichever applies). I don't expect to just remove his tiredness, but to at least make him less likely to keel over at any moment and be able to stay awake and coherent for a few hours longer.

Thaum gives the high priest his quarterstaff.

Spell slots:
    Lv 0: 4/6
    Lv 1: 8/8
    Lv 2: 6/7
    Lv 3: 5/6
    Lv 4: 4/5

Thaum did his usual greater resistance casting for the day, as well as having created food and water for the day and preserving the food to last an additional day.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

A smallish anthropomorphic creature steps forward to take one of the bottles. It disappears into his bag as well. He has soft brown fur and curious, bright blue eyes. To some it's debatable if his people resembled more of a mouse or more of a fox, but what's definitely not up for debate is that he is a Chobin. Robed traditionally in their hunter's garb, all that can really be seen on him is his bag, a quiver, a belt, and a small knife in its scabbard.

He looks up at the high priest with whiskers twitching. "I'm sorry to hear that. Who is this friend of yours?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

In some ways, the petite elven woman is the least noticeable person in a room, what with her quiet and polite demeanor and complete lack of any form of martial weapon, or defense for that matter. And even if she is a spell-caster, she seems to lack any of the usual accessories of those classes, no staves or scrolls, no strange smelling belt pouches, or mystical symbols carved into her body or dyed on her robes. Not even a holy symbol of any sort.

And yet, she seems to draw attention, and not just because of her looks, even though those are exceptional, even among the fair elven folk, she would stand out. There’s just something about her, the way she looks, the way she speaks, and it’s not that she commands your attention or your obedience, it’s just that whatever she suggests seems to a good idea at the time. She carries herself with a grace that would suggest a dancer’s talent and training, and the fact that she carries a mandolin would also suggest musical talent. Yet, she just doesn’t quite seem to fill the role of a bard, maybe because most bards are a lot louder and more flamboyant.

She had entered the room with Thaum, but seems to defer to him (for now), at least in the treatment and dealings with the high priest. When the prospect of adventuring is mentioned, she does not appear to shy off, something you might expect from someone of her stature. Although your healing talents are exemplary Thaum, hopefully a few friendly words and polite conversations will get us what we want without any bloodshed She, as well, takes a bottle, placing it in her purse, although it doesnt seem like it makes any sort of bulge in it.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

"Your words in the goddess' ear. She sadly has yet to listen to me when I ask for putting me out of work for the day," Thaum answers Zanthia, standing at ease beside her, bereft of any sort of tension. It is easy to disappear in plain sight beside a woman like her, but Thaum is quite used to that at this point, fetching as the human may be. Not being the center of attention does make a healer's job go a fair deal smoother.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Rarely did Aned have a chance to vist a place as serene as Wendel. From the bustle of the markets to the dangers of the ruins, Nevarl is a place commotion and activity. Only in the deep desert was there a place to collect oneself, but here, tranquility is everywhere. She stops to listen to the bard playing next to the gate, indifferent to the occasional curious glances she attracts. Her garb is exotic enough: a turban of white and gold material wound round her head, an embroidered vest and loose silk breeches marked her as a foreigner, even if her rust red skin and pure white eyes didn't. After a moment of taking in the music, she's off again, looking upward at the spirits swirling in the air.

It takes only a little while to conclude her business there; a relic that would do much better in the hands of the living than the dead, but she soon finds herself with another matter: an invitation from the High Priest himself! It would of course be impossible to refuse, so she soon finds herself in the small house with the others, wordlessly appraising them. Was that... a Rabite? There's little time to consider things before the High priest himself shows up.

Listening to his plea, Aned considers for a moment. "It is said in the desert that the measure of someone is how they care for those dear to them," she says, before nodding. "Of course I shall help you in this." She takes the bottle, looking it over. "I thank you for the gift, but can I ask what purpose it serves? I have no need of the light, perhaps it would be best for someone else to take it." She still eyes it, however. The carved figurine is an interesting artifact, after all.

As Thaum takes the priest in hand, Aned watches. "It is good to know we are traveling with someone so skilled in the healing arts." she says approvingly. "I am Aned Atinani, a ruin explorer from Nevarl. If we are to travel together, I would hope to keep you all safe from the dangers posed by this cavern." She bows slightly in courtesy to the others.
    With my dying breath
    Hear my warning I have said:
    "Don't call up what cannot be brought down"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Near the back of the meeting room is another elf, though unlike the first, this tanned wood elf is a bit more... outdoorsy looking. If one was to be polite about it.

If one was not feeling that way, they would think she was some heavily armed, homeless vagrant who wandered in. For inexplicable reasons most of her gear looks too large for her lithe and athletic frame: both her gauntlets, her boots... and of course the giant sword she's tied to her back. It's not merely a greatsword, no-- while encased in leather makes it hard to say for certain the kind of sword it is, skull hilted blade is too wide and too heavy for human hands to properly wield just from a glance. She's strong enough to ...transport it at least.

From her vantage point, Rina wasn't able to get over to help the high priest in time, though her face shows concern for the man who welcomed her into the city. Hanging on his every word, with a nod or a widening of her eyes, it's a wonder she just didn't run out the door and off into the wilds the moment he was done speaking.

"I can manage mostly without a light source like that..." she says sounding apologetic to Aned. "And I guess I'll be taking point on this one." At least she's aware that she's carrying a big, problem solving sword...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The priest is definitely surprised when he gets lift to his feet by Thaum. He gives of a relieved sigh when Thaum works his magic and accepts the staff, his stance exuding guilt till he straightens himself again. The bags under his eyes seem to lost the deep black color though they are still there, but he seems more calm and less maniacal than before. He gifts Thaum with a heartful smile and mentions. "You forgot to slap me, it seems I forgot myself in order to save a dear friend of mine, thanks for reminding me again. And it's your holiness only on the outside of this building, in here I would you all like to call me Ethan."

Show
    You definitely dispelled exhaustion, but you're right in the regards that he isn't completey fresh and only natural rest could bring him back in full working order.

His gaze finds Larimar and he explains: "My dear friend is king chanterelle, king of all good-natured mushbooms and mushglooms throughout the land and keeper…" He stops himself. "Well his other duties do not matter here. He came to visit me because of old time nostalgia and fell ill under my care. Though I don't know what caused his strange illness, my divinations as potent as they may be have only discovered strange scraps because they are filtered through the nasty thing that ails him. Normally I could go by through researching that further but I need to keep my power together to aid him and the emergencies that just appear in a city as populated as Wendel."

Ethan adresses Zanthia, but even he is taken aback by a moment, just from his problem to sort her. "They are some intelligent monsters who made their homes in the caverns, if you can really soothe them with polite conversation that would be a great boon for every pilgrim following you."

Regarding the bottles: "They are potent healing potions from my own making, before that problem arose. It will be good when someone of your experience will accompany this group Aned Atinani, there are still some dangerous places in the caverns, not necesarilly crafted traps, but there are some natural problems that could occur."

Ethan shoots an apologetic look to the other elf in the corner. "Will you be alright to accompany them? Or do you want to stay here in Wendel? I thought the problem would be solved way faster with your help but you don't have too."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Thaum responds to Ethan with what one may describe as, for the lack of better words, a serene smirk. "Slapping is reserved for if I catch you lamenting doing the right thing again. Unless being slapped would make you feel better, of course."

A mental note about the ailing king is made, but there is little reason to push for more information at the moment when the high priest is needed to keep him alive and the likes of Wisp to save him. Such things can wait until their return.

Thus, the golden-eyed figure turns to the others. "And to follow good Aned's example, I believe introductions are in order. As the radiant and talented Zanthia Bindar mentioned," A presenting gesture towards the stunning owner of said name is made. "my name is Thaum, a simple healer, and I will do anything I can to see to all of you brave souls returning from this journey sound of body and mind." And with that, Thaum bows deeply, the healer's hair briefly akin to an azure halo afterwards, as it is wont to do in its slow ways before cascading back onto the shoulders.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

The Chobin gasps, "Well I'll be! It didn't matter much to me anyway. I was just curious. But a king?? This is much more important than just saving a friend! I'm sure his royal subjects will be concerned as well!"

Looking over to Thaum next, he says, "Ah yes, introductions. The name is Larimar Flint, at your service." The Chobin makes an exaggerated, theatrical bow. "I'd be happy to accompany you all on this journey. Hopefully it will not be perilous, but if it is... Well, anything that messes with us will surely regret it."

He smiles coyly, though some of his teeth do resemble sharp incisors.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Addressing Ethan...I cannot guarantee that I will be able to sooth the savage beast with mere words nor that they will stay that way after I am gone but I can certainly try. And before anyone says anything, I am not averse to making our progress with more martial means, I just prefer my ways.
    Turning to group...Well, my companion sort of spilled the beans about my name but he does have the right of it, Zanthia Bindar is it. And my talents lie in the arcane path, although they are more specialized than most mages. And although adventures often dont call for it, I am considered a decent singer and dancer.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

"...Call me Rina. And no, sir, I want to help. Fighting monsters is what I do."

Thus named, the scruffy elf enigmatically keeps her talents brief, with a rueful if earnest look to her. "Everyone can just stay behind me if we have any beastly encounters... I'll take care of them."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

"As you wish, your - ah, Ethan." says Aned, awkwardly. Being on first name basis with the High Priest was not a position she ever saw herself being in. "King Chanterelle? That is dire news indeed. I shall be as discreet as possible." It couldn't possibly be good to have word spreading about such an important potentate being struck by some mysterious ailment. One that could not even be cured by the High Priest, more over. It made her curious to know the source of the malady, but ah, even if the High Priest was being so friendly, it would be rude to pry.

Looking over at Thaum and Zanthia, she nods her head to each in turn. "I am honored to be in the presence of those so skilled in the magical arts." She looks in particular to Zanthia. "If your talents are as you say, perhaps it would be best for you to accept the figurine. It could be of service to you when speaking to the beings of the cavern." She smiles slightly. "I confess, I am also curious of the music of this land. I listened to the lyre player at the gate earlier. I would not mind to hear more if you were to sing later."

She appraises Larimar and Rina for a moment before speaking. "You both seem capable warriors, if the High Priest - ah, Ethan, has made note of you." she says, before patting the curved blade sheathed at her side. "I have some skill at the blade myself, Rina, though it may be a lesser blade than yours. I hope we will complement each other well in battle."

With that, she looks back to the High Priest. "Is there anything else we should know before embarking? Have any maps been made of this cavern?"
    Last edited by Gryps2; 2019-12-04 at 11:41 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Zanthia turns to Thaum, polite as always I will defer to your judgement, of course, but Aned does make a point about the figurine and talking to the cavern inhabitants. She turns back to Aned I do hope we have many chances for performances, given the right circumstances
    #GoreMutualarejerks

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, yes. Here you go," Thaum says, taking out the figurine, pinched between two fingers, and handing it to Zanthia. There was no particular entitlement to hold it, it was simply plucked out of Ethan's hand before he could drop it or drop himself.

Thaum smiles to Rina. "I have no doubts about that, and it appears you will have quite capable support in this task." A quick sweeping gesture is made to the others. "This may be as good a moment as any to mention that many beings seem averse to following through with attacking me. I can't quite tell you why, I certainly would love to know myself, and it is not a guarantee, but hopefully it will give you less to worry about."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Ethan looks over to Larimar. "I hope that his subjects will have nothing to worry about. I informed his Chancellor of course and Lord Boletus informed his subjects that he has fallen ill but is in my care. As far as I know there is a bit of unrest, as always when a beloved ruler falls ill, but nothing more right know. But they had some problems with the myxomycetes recently and I'm pretty sure that Chanterelle wanted to talk to me about that but before he could tell me he was struck with this strange bane. I surely hope this is not their doing." He shoot an apologetic look around. "I'm sorry I didn't wanted to ramble about mushroom politics."

"Ah yes, a map could be useful. I guess I have the most recent one right here." The high priest plucks a round metal cylinder out of his robes, there are some runes etched into it and hands it to Aned. "Be careful with them, I made them myself with the help of some magic but there are still far from complete. The main route should be easy enough to follow, pilgrims have made markings that should be clear enough and you only have to go the shortest route to the next higher bridge to come to the highest place where I'm pretty sure Wisp would stay. But perhaps there will be something that blocks your route and you have to take a detour."

The high priest watches as the statue changes hands. "Even if you'd all be able to see in the darkness one of you should hold onto it. I'm pretty sure Wisp would recognize the kind of statue or react to it positively. In the best case she could even search for you when you enter the caverns."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

"Certainly," Thaum answers Ethan, the figurine now secure with Zanthia. "If you'll excuse us, I believe we should begin our search for Wisp, as time does not appear to be on our side, or that of King Chanterelle."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Generally ready to move on to the caverns, or at least beginning to go there, unless of course the others would like to discuss some other topics or do something prior to beginning the journey.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

"Thank you," replies Aned, taking the map gingerly in hand. She scans over it carefully as she speaks; it's not often she gets a map to somewhere she's about to explore, after all. "I'm certain we can handle any obstacles that we may come across. Rest assured that when we return, the Spirit Wisp shall be with us."

Beyond even the situation at hand, the cavern was some place she had only ever heard of. An important place for pilgrims, and filled with strange and wonderful creatures. It would certainly be worth seeing.

Show
    Spot (1d20+11)[30]
    Last edited by Gryps2; 2019-12-05 at 06:58 PM.
    With my dying breath

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Zanthia merely cinches her robe tighter (which also has the effect of enhancing her figure) to indicate that she is ready to go.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Looking over the maps, Aned flips one over and scratches her finger over the back curiously. "Something seems to have been glued to the back of this one - was it damaged earlier?" she asks, looking over at the high priest.
    With my dying breath

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Yes, time is of the essence. I thank you for accepting this mission and be assured that I'll pray for your safe return." Ethan gives a thankful bow to you, only to be startled by Aned's question.

Everyone who takes a look over Aned's shoulder can see that she sorts multiple maps of a cavern system that seems deeply complex. Sometimes there are maps with references to other maps that only add to a confusing mess. There are two that seem too be (mostly) a way that seems to go mostly up from the entrance. One of these piques her interest.

"It is? Let me see." The high priest strodes over and takes a look and needs a minute examining the map till announcing. "Yes, you're right. That's curious it's not one of mine. You saw in what condition I arrived, I must have been more addled than I thought. If memory serves right it should be from Lander... He was the high priest two generations ago. I remember using it in the beginning but was really annoyed because it send me to a lot of dead ends." Ethan ponders for a moment till saying. "I have to say that this is a mistery I'd like to see revealed, but right know I think it's more important that you'd bring Wisp here. If this is settled perhaps you'd like to keep that map as part of your payment?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Larimar smiles and says, "Well then, let's be off! I'll go say goodbye to my family and make some last minute preparations, and I'll meet you at the gates, alright?"

He waves goodbye jovially and bounces off, probably before anyone says anything else to him.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Eh, let me just buy like three mundane torches for the heck of it and some sort of climbing pitons. Shouldn't be much...

Think that's it. I will use the first charge of my mage armor wand right before we enter the cave.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Aned considers for a moment; she hadn't really been thinking in terms of compensation. But a secret map from a high priest two generations past? It was certainly too good to pass up.

"I would be honored to be given this map," she replies, "As soon as we've returned with the Wisp."

She nods to Larimar as he leaves. Bundling the rest of the maps together, she looks towards the others. "There are a few items I should procure before we leave as well. I shall meet you at the gates as well."

Show
    If possible, I'll probably grab a grappling hook and two sunrods.
    Last edited by Gryps2; 2019-12-06 at 06:19 PM.
    With my dying breath

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Rina gets up, and raps a rag around what those with keen eyes saw was a skull hilt on her sword. It had come loose again; she'd been trying to hide that particular detail for some reason, and hefts the sheathed blade over her back. it's certainly heavy looking but the wood elf is at least capable of transporting it.

"I should be able to made due with scavenging or hunting for food while we're out but could I trouble someone for money to buy a waterskin? ...I lost mine before coming to Wendell. ...It was a rough journey." she seems slightly embarrassed that someone trusted by a high priest is slumming so badly.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Stopping on her way out, Aned looks over at Rina before reaching into her sash and extracting ten gold pieces, covered in long-dead languages and the faces of men long forgotten. "It is said in the desert that one is no more prepared than their companions. Here, these should serve even in Wendel." she says, handing the coins over to the wood elf. "Feel free to buy some other necessities as well, should you require them."
    With my dying breath

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney Massing

The yellow blob in the corner has been watching the interchange with interest, but without comment. Now, as the group looks as if it might be breaking up, a large mouth and eyes appear, and two very expressive ears unfurl. The small puffball speaks with a voice that is unexpectedly deep and gravelly.

"My apologies for remaining silent. I have been attempting to connect with the spirits for guidance. The spirits are not as helpful as I might wish."

She gazes over at Wendel with fondness and a touch of regret, and then scans the rest of the room.

"My name is Coney Massing. I am a a speaker with spirits. It would mean a great deal to me, and perhaps to all Rabite-kind, if you would permit me to join you in this magnificent effort."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, no need to worry about food and drink," Thaum says, moving the sling bag on his back around and reaching into it with both hands, producing a quite large jar filled with a curry-colored substance that seems to be about as viscous as porridge.

"I usually create a new batch every other day, as it lasts that long. Probably the most nutritious food you can eat. I can change the taste, color, and temperature with a bit of magic, and I do accept requests in that regard, though I would in the beginning recommend against making it taste like a steak and such. It will taste like it, but it will not have the same mouth feel, which tends to lead to a lot of very visible confusion." The jar gets shifted into the crook of one arm, the free hand reaching into the bag and pulling out a simple wooden bowl and spoon to show that the means to eat the food will also be provided. The bowl and spoon go back in, and another large jar, this one filled with clear water, is pulled out.

"The spell also creates a tremendous amount of water, so I usually lug around several of these as well. Can be flavored as well." All the jars disappear into the bag again.

As Thaum readjusts the bag's position, the healer adds "By now, the spell conjures enough to feed about a dozen people for two days, so I usually end up handing out the excess to whoever needs it to not have it go to waste."

The sudden addition of a new voice has Thaum scan the room, before discovering the awakened rabite. "Hello there! I don't see why I would want to keep you from coming with us."
    Last edited by Ridai; 2019-12-07 at 09:37 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney 'nods' by bobbing both of her ears in acknowledgement of Thaum's welcome.

"Well, if you can provide the food, the spirits can provide the shelter as we go."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    "I usually create a new batch every other day, as it lasts that long. Probably the most nutritious food you can eat. I can change the taste, color, and temperature with a bit of magic, and I do accept requests in that regard, though I would in the beginning recommend against making it taste like a steak and such. It will taste like it, but it will not have the same mouth feel, which tends to lead to a lot of very visible confusion."
    He's gotten quite good with fruits, with a lot of tutelage from me

Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    "The spell also creates a tremendous amount of water, so I usually lug around several of these as well. Can be flavored as well." All the jars disappear into the bag again.
    He has yet to master the subtleties of elven wine, but he's trying hard. Too much dwarven ale
    #GoreMutualarejerks

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

A talking rabite! thinks Aned, her gaze turning to Coney. This was certainly a novel being! It was tempting to question her here and now, but civility came first. There would be plenty of time for talk on the journey. "Welcome, Coney," she says instead, bowing her head. "One who can talk to the spirits would be of great help to us."

She watches as Thaum displays his stored goods, looking suitably impressed. "You are well prepared! But I think Rina should supply herself regardless. We might become separated during our trek. A few days food and water would be enough to let us find each other once more." she comments, patting her own waterskin. "It would be a good idea for everyone to have a length of rope and some source of illumination as well."

"I admit, I've never had any elven wine, so I imagine his reproduction would suffice for me."
    she replies to Zanthia, before putting all her gear to rights again. "Shall we be off? I wouldn't like to keep Larimar waiting."
    With my dying breath