New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Secret of mana IC thread

Rina hides behind Aned, but without trying to make it obvious. It was more or staying in formation, but she imagines a girl elf with two giant swords strapped to her is not the ideal diplomat.

...However, that's not all she does...

She sniffs at the air, on the sly. The entrance may have had an attempt to be hidden, but she wonders if this mand of Tomato is the only one who's come through--coming or going-- recently.

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

Survival check with scent; maybe Rina can sniff out the monsters...

(1d20+7)[21]

<BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

With the diplomacy well in hand, Thaum adds little more than his radiant presence as he is holding his heatless torch.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Behind the Tomato Man the cave seems to open up and you can see a natural stone bridge that shimmers a bit like it's wet.

When Zanthia speaks the face of the Tomato Man brightens up considerably and he seems a bit beyond happy. "Oh you work for him? Of course, no wonder that you found the entrance despite my efforts." He seems to nod enthusiastically.

"Of course are explanations in order if you do his bidding. You see after Wisp arrived, strangely enough the monsters have gone wild, especially the undead what is strange enough. You know her magic is pretty effective against them and I thought they would more likely hide deeper in the caverns." He floats around a bit, while he babbles on. He seems like someone who is a bit starved for contact. "Oh and he wanna help a friend of his? That's so like him. Well, I think I saw Wisp pretty high up in the caverns, the undead seem to have blocked some of the natural paths so you could have problems if you can't fly up there or have a way to climb. Sadly I can only float." He hovers a bit around for emphasis.

"Luckily the monsters don't attack me, because they think I'm local. At least not yet I fear that could change any minute. As I said it's pretty dangerous up ahead, but perhaps with the statue of the high priest and my presence we could try together to find Wisp? No wonder that the High Priest didn't asked me for help, he probably didn't knew I was in the area." He would flow gently ahead deeper in the caverns and turn just his head around. "Oh, and I'm, well you probably can't pronounce my real name, just call me Jerry."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

As the Tomato Man seems to take a special interest in him, the healer chimes in just as Jerry glances towards him. "It is nice to meet you, Jerry. My name is Thaum, and I think I do have something to help us climb up, so if you could show us the more direct paths up, we will swiftly reach Wisp, I am sure." Thaum smiles beatifically.

"Are you and yours in need of healing, perhaps?" Professional curiosity, but perhaps it also serves as an opening to get Jerry to talk about what is clearly bothering him.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2019-12-23 at 10:50 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

"Huh. The Wisp seemed to cause this? That seems odd, don't you think? Did you happen to talk to the wisp? Or even any of the monsters by chance?" Larimar asks.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Jerry seems a little caught off when Thaum adresses him directly after he shot him a glance and floats in a little whirl before catching himself. "Oh if you have some kind of tool it will definitely help, you can either climb or follow the natural paths that will lead upwards." He adresses Larimar. "I happen to talk to her a bit, she seems unaware of the effect she has on the monsters but that is quite normal for the sprites." He states pretty matter of factly. "I have also tried to talk to the monsters they can barely utter a sentence before going back to their own devices. It's quite unsettling if I can be honest." Jerry floats unto the middle of the natural stone bridge, not bothered by the clearly wet floor. He points upward. You can see another natural bridge perhaps 30 feet upwards and another one in the unclear reach of your light. "The wisp is up there, last time I saw her she was at the highest point, the point where natural light can still reach here. You see the farther she would go up..."

You hear an unsettling chittering, from the bridge up ahead jumps a four legged monstrosity full of spikes, directly before Jerry. It slithers a bit, but doesn't seem to fall from the bridge. It screams at you, at the sides from the bridge there are giant praying mantises that seem to have a red coloration on their chitinous plates. And at the end of the bridge there is a big red man, at least 6 feet high with an unkempt beard and a equivalent big glaive he points at you.

Spoiler: Infernal
    Show
    Finally!

Spoiler: General information and OOC.
    Show
    The wet floor doesn't do anything immediately. But it raises the DC of Tumble checks by two and if you should suffer an effect that attacks your footing it's also two points more difficult (Trip, Bull rushes, etc.)

Second encounter You should all be able to make changes in the document. That the mantises are apperantly flying is because they are still climbing up the ledges. You and the enemies rolled the same result but because it's christmas it's your turn first. You can of course change the marching order up as you see fit.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Not wanting to provoke an immediate battle, Zanthia continues to display the high priest's talisman, doubting that it will affect the big man, but at least it might make the mantises, and whatever the 4-legged things pause for a moment. We are here on the authority of the high priest, and doing his work. Please stand down and tell your accomplices to do the same.

Spoiler: Diplomacy
    Show
    (1d20+24)[33]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Thaum rummages through his bag as Jerry shows them the bridges above, just as the monstrosities appear from the dark. That certainly did not take long, but the healer is unsure whether he should be more concerned about someone seemingly commanding the creatures. Zanthia is trying to de-escalate, bless her heart, but Thaum gets ready to bolster the group should things come to blows, glancing about to keep an eye on everyone and the situation as a whole.

"Jerry, I want you to calmly move away from the creature and get behind Rina and Aned," he says quietly as to not compete with Zanthia's words, but speaks firmly, not wanting any questions or objections about this.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    General reminder about Thaum's Aura of Protection (as per his class feature), acting like a sanctuary spell with a DC of 18.

Does Thaum learn anything about the man's intentions with Sense Motive?

Standard Thaum readies a recitation (from Spell Compendium), boosted by his Extension of Blessing class feature to grant a total +3 luck bonus to AC, saving throws, and attack rolls for 8 rounds (it says that it affects "all allies", so I am assuming Thaum is excluded). The trigger for the readied action is the enemies actually starting to attack.

Spell slots (spell slots after casting recitation in parentheses)
    Lv 0: 2/6
    Lv 1: 7/8
    Lv 2: 6/7
    Lv 3: 5/6
    Lv 4: 4 (3)/5

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney hopes that these great big bugs are as amenable to conversation as Jerry was, but did not hold out high hopes. She scurried back a bit to give herself room to work, then prepared for the worst.

Show
    Coney takes a 5' step SW to B8.

She readies an action to cast Glitterdust, centred in D5 in such a spot that it would not include Thaum in the burst. Reflex DC 18 negates blindness. Triggered if any of the creatures we're facing moves to attack any of us.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Aw crap. And the thought is accompanied by a matching head motion as Thaum sees how well the reddish man responds to words.

"Zanthia, I don't think he wants to talk," he warns. The elven enchantress has turned around plenty of situations with mere words, but the healer has always had a good sense for when others are not open to non-violent solutions. And this is one of those. Thus, he casts his spell immediately, calling upon Undine and channeling her magic into the lifeblood of his allies. Tendrils of etherial water burst from Thaum's hand, flowing rapidly through the air and into the bodies of his companions, phasing through belongings and skin. The party briefly becomes aware of a sensation akin to liquid euphoria spreading through their veins and out into every capillary, leaving them with a feeling of someone watching over them and guiding them.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Thaum triggers his readied recitation spell in response to what he learned with Sense Motive.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Aned narrows her eyes, her hand dropping to the blade at her side. "Do as Thaum bids you," she says to Jerry, stepping forward to cover his escape. Hearing Thaum's statement, she draws her blade and steps off the bridge into the void... or rather onto it, her body gliding featly through the air as she hooked her eagle claw at the strange spiny creature's side. It was a shame to have to end something's life, but sometimes it was unavoidable.

Show
    Well, I didn't have my weapon out, so no full attacks for me. Time to instead try and set up an easy flank.
    Move Fly 15 ft to spiny's side. Since I'm not Tumbling on the ground, I automatically make the roll to avoid AoOs. Tumbling while flying is weird. I draw my weapon during the move, as is my BAB +1 right.
    Standard Attacking him flatflooted, since he hasn't gone yet. Sneak Attack potentially pops.
    Attack (1d20+15)[16]
    Damage (4d6+1)[14]
    With my dying breath
    Hear my warning I have said:
    "Don't call up what cannot be brought down"

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

"Why haven't any of the monsters left this ca-- Rina starts before realizing how surrounded they are. With a hoarse, panicked yell, she moves forward with her new sword and brings it down in a hammer swing at the spikey spiney creature.

"Get away from Jerry!" she cries, her swing somewhat wild but focused enough with the experience of someone used to swinging swords.

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

Moving to H9, attack with greatsword, which I think is MW?

(1d20+8)[11]
    (2d6+3)[11]
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

While it was true that Zanthia always tried to turn situations around with mere words...when such things would not work, she had more than enough other ways to deal with things. Identifying the reddish man as the most immediate threat, she decided to use the most powerful spell she currently had at her disposal, Improved Sleep

Spoiler: Improved Sleep
    Show
    Improved Sleep: will affect 15HD of creatures, and if cast at only one target whose level is equal to or less than the witch, he will not receive a saving throw. Duration: as sleep
    If he does exceed Zanthia's level, DC23 Will Save
    #GoreMutualarejerks

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zanthia's spell pearls off from the red-skinned man, he takes a sidestep and charges towards Thaum, bringing his glaive up and, stops at the last moment looking very confused and angry at Thaum. He seems to hiss at him.

The mantis seems to be unaffected by Coney's spell, bringing up his claws too attack Thaum.

Spoiler: effects
    Show

The red-skinned individual seems not able too overcome Thaum's Sanctuary effect, strangely enough the Mantis does.
    Attack: (1d20+6)[26],
    Damage (1d8+4)[10]

The other mantis has climbed up and strides over to Jerry too claw him.

Spiny seems to be confused and interested in the flying Aned and takes a snap at him.

Spoiler: attacks
    Show

Mantis attack, (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage, (1d8+4)[8]
    Spiney attack, (1d20+10)[14]
    Damage, (2d8+5)[12]

Jerry floats away, the mantis doesn't seem interested in pursuing him further, he then proceeds to touch the mantis that threathened Thaum.

Spoiler: Touch
    Show

Attack: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (5d6)[18] electricity

From somewhere fly three arrows and fly too Aned, Rina and Zanthia

Spoiler: Arrows
    Show

Attack to Aned: (1d20+12)[20]
    Damage to Aned: (1d6+2)[7] + (1d3)[3] fire
    Attack to Rina: (1d20+12)[32]
    Damage to Rina: (1d6+2)[3] + (1d3)[2] fire
    Attack to Zanthia: (1d20+7)[20]
    Damage to Zanthia: (1d6+2)[3] +(1d3)[3] fire

Spoiler: Larimar
    Show
    You are pretty sure the three arrows came from a strangely shaped rock from H15.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2019-12-28 at 09:50 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Zanthia is not used to her spells not breaking through resistances, but, it does happen. However, she does not let it affect her, if at first you dont succeed, try again. This time though, she targets both the mantis attacking Thaum and the red-skinned man, using Improved Sleep once again

Spoiler: Caster check
    Show
    (1d20+12)[21]

Spoiler: Improved Sleep
    Show
    The primary target of the spell is the mantis and the man is the secondary. It affects 15HD, so if the mantis and the guy combine for more than 15, he wont be affected (and we are a bit out of our league) Since she is targeting two, both get DC23 Will Save
    #GoreMutualarejerks

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

A flurry of violence erupts around Thaum as the creatures close in. The red man is stopped in his tracks by a familiar force and Aned dances around all attacks directed at her, but a rain of arrows is loosened upon them, harming dear Zanthia and Rina. A glitter bomb erupts behind behind Thaum, from which a giant mantis suddenly emerges, slashing Thaum across the face, leaving a deep gash.

Normally he would attempt to move away from the precarious situation. Pincered by two combatants, a yawning abyss to one side, and the warriors of the group nowhere near him. It is not a good position to be in as a healer. But Zanthia is close by, in reach of the red man and the other creatures, and he knows that she has little in the way of defenses or ability to endure as much harm as he can. So a different course is needed.

The red man and the mantis next to the healer watch as his golden eyes glow brighter, the blood on his skin and clothes drawn back into his body and his wounds closing, leaving not even the smallest mark behind. He snarls towards the mantis, then shouts:

"As long as I stand, none of my allies shall fall!" And the surprising force behind his words is underlined by a sudden rush of air, whipping past the right-hand side of the bridge with a howl, followed by a low sound of roiling air from an invisible barrier of wind. This would have been so much easier if he could draw on Jinn normally, instead of having to help his crippled channeling along by altering the temperature of the air's moisture.

Thaum looks the red man dead in the eye with a steely gate. He knows the man can't attack him, no matter what he tries. But Thaum can still infuriate him and have him waste his time with impotent rage.

"What's wrong? Are you scared, little boy?" And a spit of blood in the man's face serves as further "encouragement".

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Time for some psychological warfare.

Thaum uses his immediate action of the first round to defensively cast close wounds (Spell Compendium) on himself, healing (1d4+21)[25] HP, any excess healing getting turned into THP lasting for 8 rounds, as per his Extension of Life class feature.
    Concentration check vs DC 17 to cast defensively (1d20+13)[22]

The red man now cannot attack/harm Thaum directly anymore, unless Thaum breaks the sanctuary effects by attacking the red man.

Thaum defensively casts wind wall, creating a 40ft high barrier that starts in A12 and ends in P12.
    Concentration check vs DC 18 to cast defensively (1d20+13)[22]

The immediate action for this round is specifically reserved for casting close wounds on Zanthia should she be damaged again.

Spell slots
    Lv 0: 2/6
    Lv 1: 7/8
    Lv 2: 5/7
    Lv 3: 4/6
    Lv 4: 3/5

Fun fact: The red man couldn't attack Thaum from the square he is standing in. He is wielding a reach weapon, but is standing adjacent to Thaum.

Spoiler: Table of party HP and effects
    Show
    Name HP Effects
    Aned 60 / 60 Recitation (+3 luck to AC, attacks, saves; 7 rounds)
    Coney 53 / 53 Recitation (+3 luck to AC, attacks, saves; 7 rounds)
    Larimar 43 / 43 Recitation (+3 luck to AC, attacks, saves; 7 rounds)
    Rina 52 / 54 Recitation (+3 luck to AC, attacks, saves; 7 rounds)
    Thaum 50 / 50 (5 THP) -
    Zanthia 19 / 25 Recitation (+3 luck to AC, attacks, saves; 7 rounds)
    Jerry ? Recitation (+3 luck to AC, attacks, saves; 7 rounds)
    Last edited by Ridai; 2019-12-28 at 04:44 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

"Snipers, 3 o clock!" Larimar shouts.

He pulls a blackened stick (and complimentary tindertwig, I hope) out of his bag and sets them on fire.

"Don't worry. I have just the thing to shut them down..."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Larimar retrieves a smoke stick and lights it.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The mantis takes it's claws together and seems to sit down. The man seems to be unaffected.
    Spoiler: Red skinned man
    Show
    You don't know if he's having more than 15 HD because he SR'd you're spell again.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Aned curses inwardly as the red man bypasses them to halt in front of Thaum; at least the healer's ward seems to have held firm. Slipping behind the spined thing, she strikes twice at its vulnerable back. "I'll handle these creatures," she says to Rina, "Go ensure the others are safe from that crimson fiend."

Show
    Five foot step to J9 for the flank.
    Full Attack On Spiny. Attack 1 (1d20+17)[20] Damage 1(4d6+1)[16]
    Attack 2 (1d20+12)[32] Damage 2(4d6+1)[20]
    Last edited by Gryps2; 2019-12-28 at 08:24 PM.
    With my dying breath

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney considered the chaos before, seeking out the best way she could help. Looking at the space behind the red man, and near the mantis that menaced Rina and Amed, Coney did some familiar calculations to find the right space. And decided that that space should become a much less hospitable place to be. A streak of light emerged from one of her ears off the bridge to their left, exploding into flames.

Show
    Coney is casting Fireball, targeting up and in approximately I4, with the intent of having the blast include the red man and the mantis at I8. (7d6)[30] fire damage, Reflex DC 19 for half.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spiney is hit by Aned both times and with a short cry he goes down and disappears into thin air. But his bristles got in the way.

Spoiler: Spiney OOC
    Show
    Aned get's (2d6)[7] damage for damaging Spiney and needs to make two Reflex saves against 16 so the spines don't look inside your flesh. For every spine inside you you get -1 to every d20 roll and if you just rip out the spine (without the heal check) you get another 1d6 damage. I'd say ripping out a spine is a immediate action. He is also dead, destroying my predicament that he will survive.

Both the mantis and the read man get caught in the fireball, the spell seems to get through, but he hurls himself to the side, the mantis seems to get the full blast.

Spoiler: red man, mantis
    Show
    The red man was affected by the spell but is not even singed, the mantis is heavily burned and nearly dead. I also rolled your spell penetration.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2019-12-31 at 09:09 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

"Ugh!" Aned grimaces as the spines scratch her skin, but fortunately she manages to avoid having any of the spines sink into her. Between her, the fireball and Zanthia's magic, their foes were dwindling, at very least.

Show
    Reflex Save 1 (1d20+11)[28]
    Reflex Save 2 (1d20+11)[17]
    Last edited by Gryps2; 2020-01-01 at 09:25 PM.
    With my dying breath

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

With a nod to Aned, Rina spins around, her greatsword held low before she swings it in a heavy, powerful blow, trying to get under the Red man's arms. She may claim to only carry her bigger sword for special cases, but from the way she's handling the lighter great sword, she's clearly used to something heavier. Hopefully though she's since gotten the hang of it...

Spoiler: ooc/rolls
    Show

Attack:(1d20+7)[26]
    Damage: (2d6+4)[14]

I will activate my Gauntlets and use 1 point if the hit's a crit.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The red-skinned man that was so focused on Thaum before let out a cry as Rina's sword nearly cleaved him in half. But he somehow keeps himself together, takes a step unto Thaum and stabs Rina with his weapon. I get you later, boy!

Spoiler: OOC red, Rina
    Show
    He's nearly dead but still attacks you in desperation. You're sure that part of your mighty blow was warded away by some kind of resistance.
    Attack 1:(1d20+10)[29]
    damage 1: (1d10+5)[9]
    Attack 2:(1d20+5)[13]
    damage 2(1d10+5)[9]
    Should you be hit, you bleed for an additional 2 points of damage every round.

The conscious Mantis attacks Aned again and want's a bit out of her too.

Spoiler: OOC Mantis
    Show

Attack claw (1d20+6)[9]
    Damage claw (1d8+4)[8]
    Attack bite (1d20+1)[14]
    Damage bite (1d6+2)[8]

In the heat of battle Jerry whispers something and only the ones nearest to him can understand it.

Spoiler: Coney, Larimar
    Show
    I guess this is the best I can hope for.

Jerry makes a quick sweeping motion and disappears, instead of him there is a giant gaunt creature with obscene muscles that seem to nearly burst, when it appears it pushes away the sleeping mantis and it falls down. It has a desperate voice as it cry's out. PREY! It lashes out at Coney with his bonelike claws. Should she be hit it feels less like being attacked by a claw and more like being slapped by a mass of sharpened granite. After the attack he excudes a sickenig odor.

Spoiler: OOC Big one, and Odor
    Show

Attack (1d20+19)[30]
    Damage (1d6+8)[12] and a Fort save against 15 or be paralyzed for 1d4 rounds (you roll). Also everyone adjacent to him (Coney, Larimar, Thaum and Zanthia) need to make a Fort save against 15 or be sickened. If you want to know what he is roll a Knowledge:Religion either here or in the OOC.

Three arrows are jerked away by the wall of wind.

Jerry speaks up from an alcove. "Oh, should you survive tell Ethan that I'm back would you be so kind? Goodbye. Oh, and we can't have this."

He motions at the Wind wall and Thaum can feel it's magic surge back into it's body and hurting him.

Spoiler: Thaum
    Show
    You got 4 damage from some kind of magic backlash effect. When he dispelled you're effect he didn't even hesitate for a moment, something you're used too see when someone actually try's too hurt you without you hurting him before.

Jerry disappears 10 feet under the alcove and falls down.

Spoiler: Jerry
    Show
    If you want to know what he did roll 3 separate spellcraft checks, right know he's 50 feet away from you and keeps falling down deeper.
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2020-01-02 at 04:40 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    curses! Out of all the skills I have, no tumble, and it isn't even a class skill.

But try I must!

Fortitude: (1d20+6)[23]
    15 or sickened.

Tumble: (1d20+5)[10]
    Not including any sickened penalties.
    Also will need 15 or will still provoke AOO from the big guy.
    Larimar will tumble 3 squares east, or try to anyway.

"Jerry!! Why you...! Larimar exclaims before realizing his smoke stick is about to turn into a cloud of smoke.

He attempts to tumble east, past Zanthia...

(and we'll have to stop there to see if he gets paralyzed)

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Spellcraft
    Show
    (1d20+9)[15]
    (1d20+9)[11]
    (1d20+9)[22]
    #GoreMutualarejerks

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+4)[17]
    ten characters
    #GoreMutualarejerks

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The big monstrosity lashes out at Larimar, it seems less like a conscious attack and more like the reaction of a savage beast.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Claw (1d20+19)[31]
    Damage (1d6+7)[12] Fort against 15 or being paralyzed for 1d4 rounds (you roll)

Spoiler: Zanthia
    Show
    Jerry used a quickened benign transposition to swap places with the big one. You don't know exactly how he got rid of the wind wall, but it was surely a dispel magic variant. You're pretty sure he used a magic item as an immediate action to teleport down, something like the anklets of translocation or something similiar.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Larimar is gouged into by the rocky/boney claws of the giant beast and grunts in pain.. though the damage seemed somewhat numb...

He finishes his sloppy tumbling maneuver, winding up just to the right of Zanthia (sigh, and also probably provoking an AOO from red man).

And then after suffering all that abuse, he throws his smoke stick at H15. The smoking stick just about transforms into a thick cloud as it lands.

(the cloud should encompass G14, G15, H14, and H15)

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The corpse's claws draw a trail of blood from Coney's side, and the rabite barely suppressed a scream. She felt a poison push a wave of numbness through her body, but she draws on every ounce of resolve and fights back. Unfortunately, this involves taking a deep breath to centre herself, and she breathes in the foul contagion surrounding the the big creature, and she nearly doubles over, retching.

Taking advantage of Larimar's brave effort to distract the big creature, Coney risked another spell. Her spells were better against people than such monstrosities as these...perhaps she should focus on the archers who are no longer blocked by Thaum's wall. Again, a blast of flame streaks from her ears toward the place that Larimar had indicated, where the arrows had come from, and blossoms into an explosion.

Show
    I'm really hoping that the big guy doesn't have combat reflexes, and that he's only got one attack of opportunity in him.

Coney will cast Fireball on the spot that Larimar had indicated that the arrows were coming from.

Concentration check, in case she takes an AoO anyway: (1d20+10)[20]
    Damage: (7d6)[26] fire, Reflex DC 19 for half