New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Secret of mana IC thread

The naga has risen up before, but when it sees the statue it seems to sink down a bit, more on eye-level with most of the group. The face is hard to read, it has dominant brows but a small chin. Aristrocatic thin collar bones are under seemingly normal lips. The nose is wide and some strings of black-green hair flow out of the head like freshly fished alga that was slahed against a rock. The snake body is almost 15 feet long, very wide and the scales have a motiv of mostly blue crisscrossed by golden streaks.

The naga basically screams, obviously not concerned about the volume of her own voice. When it speaks you can clearly see two big dagger-like teeths. It's speach is rough and hoarse, like someone who has already screamed a lot. Nonetheless it's carried through to you.

"Just wanna get past, by my scaly cloaka! Someone just electrocuted the damn waterfall and I shall believe that it's just freaking Luna that brought you here? Salamander should burn your faces, that seems unlikely!"

The naga eyes the statue with great suspission, while she answers Zanthia. "I have seen enough magic that this is not the best proof, by Gnomes hairy behind, I could probably scrunge something up like that should I want it."

There is a little humurous snark in the next words that the monster utters when it sees Aned. "You look like you just get eaten, by me. And then thrown up because you taste like excrement's, also by me."
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2020-01-17 at 08:47 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Germanisms
    Show
    I think you mean wide (breit) not bride (Braut)? It's not the first Germanism so far, but this one is really confusing without knowing German.

This kind of crowd then. "Well good day to you, too! And if you can just put enough magic together, this shouldn't be a problem for you!" And with that, Thaum spreads his hands along with invoking Undine, creating a brief golden shimmer around everyone in the party. Warding away lightning is usually the domain of Jinn, but necessity has led to some creative solutions. The naga may or may not recognize the spell, Thaum will just assume it did, at the very least pretending to have done so to save face.

"If not, I could help with that! Why do you want to get past that waterfall!" So far, this is just a vaguely amusing exchange with someone being cranky because of the circumstances, but nagas are pretty serious business.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Thaum casts mass resist energy (lightning) on the party (lasts 80 minutes, provides resist 20 to lightning).

Also preparing to use Thaum's Master Manipulator feat to have the naga spill the reason why it wants to get past the waterfall if it doesn't tell the truth. The feat's second use becomes available once the naga attempts to lie, but Thaum succeeds on a Sense Motive check against the lie.

Spell slots
    Lv 0: 2/6
    Lv 1: 7/8
    Lv 2: 2/7
    Lv 3: 3/6
    Lv 4: 2/5

Healing Hands pool: 15 / 80

Spoiler: Table of party HP and effects
    Show
    Name HP Effects
    Aned 60 / 60 Mass resist energy (resist lightning 20, 80 minutes)
    Coney 53 / 53 Mass resist energy (resist lightning 20, 80 minutes)
    Larimar 43 / 43 Mass resist energy (resist lightning 20, 80 minutes)
    Rina 54 / 54 Mass resist energy (resist lightning 20, 80 minutes)
    Thaum 50 / 50 Mass resist energy (resist lightning 20, 80 minutes)
    Zanthia 25 / 25 Mass resist energy (resist lightning 20, 80 minutes)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Germanisms
    Show
    You're right the nose or the snake body is not getting ready to marry someone. It definitely helps me for pointing that out, I try to proofread better.

"Well if I was a super-cautios adventurer who can't get out of bed without casting his armor and good-smelling spells and has just the right spell for getting through an electrocuted waterfall that Jinn just pissed out, then yeah I would not have a problem!"

When Thaum casts the spell there is recognition in the Nagas face, it stretches up a bit and gives it's voice a bored tone.

"I don't think it's any of your business what I want on the other side, but because I'm as gracious, forgiving and nice as the goddess on her own day I would allow you to help me get through."

Spoiler: Master manipulator
    Show
    The naga does not really tell a lie, it wholly believes that it's not your business, but I think the feat should still function so you can roll a Sense Motive.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Well then. It appears a different approach is needed. "That is very kind of you!" Thaum calls over. "We are truly fortunate to be aiding such a benevolent, wonderful, sophisticated, and charming naga such as yourself! Your scales have a most dashing luster, I must say! You have really outdone yourself! That lover of yours on the other side will be stunned beyond words!"

Show
    Diplomacy vs the naga's Bluff to have the naga blurt out what it lied about and why, whether because of becoming confused or letting something slip.
    (1d20+20)[29]

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Larimar couldn't help but roll his eyes at the creature's narcissism, though he turns away to keep an eye on the rear of the group while he does so.

Pompous jerk, he thinks May as well tell him to sod off and we keep climbing...

But Larimar keeps his thoughts to himself and lets the others do the smooth talking.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Rina has been trying not to gag...

The water's sting barely registers to her...in fact she only seems to know something is wrong by both Aned's condition and the others flinching or otherwise showing signs of discomfort. No, something worse bothers her and when the naga begins to talk, her eyes widen in surprise.

"She's not wrong; something smells like a thunderbolt struck it... I.. um, that may be why the water's kinda stingy?" Even before any of her misadventures and tribulations, Rina was not the luckiest sort. She was never struck by lightning, but she was nearby a lake once when lightning struck an unfortunate boat whose moorings had broken and was carried off into the waters. She hazards a guess this is what the water with a pulse felt like...'or... um... you may have already guessed that..." she seems embarrassed once she realizes what Thaum cast on the rest of the party.

"Um... Lady Naga, do you have any idea what electrified the water? Surely that doesn't happen all the time..."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Aned glares at the naga, not in the mood to have to listen to the creature's insults while she's water-sick. Hopefully the rest of the journey would be.. drier. She regards the waterfall with some trepidation, looking to see if she can fly around it somehow to access the bridge behind it without actually going through it.
    With my dying breath
    Hear my warning I have said:
    "Don't call up what cannot be brought down"

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney has been lumbering along in the back, feeling miserable as the stinging rain soaks into her fur. Wet. Wet sucked.

She breathed deeply and gratefully as Thaum's magic spread through her. Her mouth twisted into a wry grin as the flattery began, but said nothing additional. It would either work or it would not.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It's not much, but at least her cloak of comfort is keeping everyone warm through the soaking rain.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The Naga looks like she totally knows that Thaum's flattery is only pulling her tail but she is vain enough to still look kinda pleased. She draws closer after Thaum finished and looks into his eyes.

"Yes, if my lover would be on the other side he would be very happy if I come back, sadly he is not, but my children are. The little excrements can be so hard sometimes. I got them all to sleep and finally have found something to eat for them that is not vile and make their stomachs upset and next thing I can't reach them!" She doesn't appear to have anything on her that looks like something to eat. Not much clothing either. She wears a plain stone amulet, that looks exceptionally unedible.

She looks Thaum up and down. "You know you look quite handsome yourself, surely kissed by Undine. I really like your hair." She flashes her lashes at Thaum. "I know your adventurers are always hunting the next big thing but if you have the time I wouldn't mind some… Talk with you."

She looks at the other's of the party and focuses on Rina. "You should talk louder sister, for a moment I thought you were a big, tasty mouse." She lashes her tongue on Rina's direction for emphasis. "If I knew who'd done it I would squish him so hard that his innards would decorate the caverns up and down! If that would be a regular occurence I would have gotten a frickin scroll or something!"

She faces the waterfall. "Well should we be slithering then?"

Spoiler: Getting through the waterfall
    Show
    In case Thaum's also casting a protection spell on the naga walking through the waterfall requires two rounds and two consecutive strength rolls against 10(because the water pushes you down) In case of Aned flying around only one check is required. If you fail you fall prone and get 2 bludgeoning damage and additional electricity damage (though that is mostly negated.) Strength push through muleback cords work against this. You can help another character get through but that requires an additional round and theoretically additional damage. First two rounds of electricity damage.
    1st (4d6)[13]
    2nd (4d6)[9]
    and 3rd if someone should fall (4d6)[15]
    OK, no damage trough the protection. Also the updated map. MAP!
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2020-01-20 at 04:17 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Thaum is fairly sure the naga wants to feed them to her young (if there are young and she doesn't just want to eat them herself). But that, too, can be dealt with. Avoiding a fight would be better for everyone involved, especially since there might be creatures further in that are less willing to talk. The healer steps forward (giving a short reassuring squeeze on Rina's shoulder, as if to say "you did good, don't worry", his touch having a strange soothing warmth to it) and touches the naga's forehead, imbuing her with resistance to electricity.

"My name is Thaum, by the way," he says, glad that he doesn't need to shout as much anymore. "Chances are a rather nasty tomato man going by Jerry is the cause for this." A long finger draws a circle in the air in the waterfall's direction. "Perhaps we can find the source of what he did somewhere beyond. Also, I can summon food. It will only last until the day after tomorrow, but it is more nutritious than anything I know, easy on the stomach, and if you'd manage to eat everything that is summoned, you would probably need to roll instead of slither. At the very least, that may make the next few days less stressful."

Thaum flashes a smile to the naga before turning to the others. "That waterfall is battering down hard. Rina is the strongest among us and I can at least lift a fair bit, so we should be able to get everyone through, with a second trip if necessary."

Show
    Thaum casts resist energy (electricity) on the naga, giving her resist 20 as well.

Diplomacy check to befriend the naga and convince her to accept the offered food (instead of, presumably, trying to devour the group).
    (1d20+20)[40] (edit: There are no critical hits on skill checks normally, but this natural 20 still amuses me)

Four strength checks to help someone else through and in case he falls. If necessary, Thaum makes a second trip through to get everyone onto the other side if Rina and him can't get Zanthia, Larimar, and Coney through in one go.
    (1d20+4)[19]
    (1d20+4)[13]
    (1d20+4)[18]
    (1d20+4)[16]

Spell slots
    Lv 2: 1/7
    Lv 3: 3/6

Last edited by Ridai; 2020-01-20 at 06:48 AM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney nods her gratitude at Thaum's suggestion.

"Perhaps if you let a rope trail behind you, the rest of us will be able to take hold and be pulled in after you. Just call if you need immediate help on the other side!"

A great many rabbits have been eaten by a great many snakes, and Coney is happy to give the naga as wide a berth as she is able.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Thaum nods. He considers shooting the Rod of Ropes through the waterfall to create a taut line to hold on to, but there is the chance of the water masses knocking the grappling hook off-target and the electrified waters damaging the rather useful item, so a more standard rope will have to do. Reaching into his bag, he pulls out a silk rope and what looks like part of a tent, stashing everything that isn't needed right now in his bag and wrapping it in the tent. There haven't been issues with the magical bag having been harmed by water or getting flooded, but better to take care when going through an electric waterfall. He ties the rope around his waist for anyone who wants to get through after him by themselves, then gets ready for heading through (and perhaps taking someone with him).

Spoiler: Random thought
    Show
    Handing Coney the Rod of Ropes, Rina tossing her past the waterfall, and Coney grappling to the other side midair.

"I AM RABMAN!"

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Zanthia will volunteer to go first with Thaum, in case there is something on the other side that might need to be dealt with
    #GoreMutualarejerks

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Larimar stashes any gear he has where it belongs and casts some kind of magic on himself. He seems a lot quicker after that, and his tiny form barrels into the waterfall right after Zanthia.

Only perhaps such speed wasn't a great idea as it's almost like hitting a brick wall, and barely visibly, he falls over with a drown out and inaudible grunt, scrambling to get up and keep moving.

He finally gets through, absolutely drenched with water pouring off his robes and matted fur, looking worse for the wear, but hey, at least he got that over with.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    and yeah, he took 2 bludgeoning damage.

Will also have Expeditious retreat on him for about 9 more rounds, if it matters.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-01-21 at 04:21 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Nahscharjdscha, Nah-Scha-Rjd-Scha. Nahscha is also alright."

She looks surprised by the mention of Jerry. "Seriously? the last thing I heard from him is that he took a nasty beating from the high priest, perhaps even killed. But that are really old news at least a decade old." She looks at the waterfall before going through. "But it surely seems like something he would do to annoy everyone."

Thaum gets himself and Zanthia through the waterfall, with the rope still attached to his waist. Shortly after that Larimar bursts out of the mass of water, worse for the wear but still succesfull.

Show
    There is now a helpful rope that goes through the water that let's everyone succeed on a strenght check of 8 if they use the rope for getting through the waterfall.

Nahscharjdscha get's through the waterfall without any problems like she did that as part of her morning routine. She waits and sees if anyone falls at the last part of the water to pull them out.

Show
    Should you fall on the last part of the waterfall you get your bludgeoning damage, but the Naga will try to pull you in. That includes a drenched Aned should she choose to fly around. Though for that she has to make a Strength check because that is not part of her morning exercise.
    Check 1: (1d20+5)[7]
    Check 2: (1d20+5)[24]

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney calls out through the waterfall.

"All clear? Coming through!"

Seizing the rope in her teeth, she hunkers down and squirms through to the other side of the waterfall as well.

"Well, I'm glad I was already soaking wet, I suppose."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Strength check to get through the waterfall: (1d20-1)[12]

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Aned looks sullenly at the waterfall. There was no way around it, and if the water overwhelmed her while she was flying she'd surely plummet to her demise. The only way was through it.

"Rina, I fear I might falter in my attempt. My people do not take well to the water." she admits, looking over at the elf. "If that should happen, please retrieve me from the water as soon as you can."

With that, she grasps the rope tightly and tries to muscle her way through, her teeth grit.

Show
    First, let's see if she can make the Strength checks.
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d20)[2]
    Last edited by Gryps2; 2020-01-21 at 04:25 PM.
    With my dying breath

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Helped by Thaum, Zanthia makes her way through, although she comes out on the other side utterly drenched. The upside, for the rest of the party, is that she looks absolutely fabulous in a wet T-shirt.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Bracing for the trip and holding Zanthia close to provide support (and shield her from at least some of the water masses), Thaum begins to move through the waterfall. It is a good reminder that while Undine's element is that of restoration, it can also erade, batter, and crush, as the water pelts down upon them at high speeds. It feels decidedly longer than a few seconds to get through, robes completely soaked through and heavy, and providing ample surface for the falling water to catch on. But eventually, they make it through, Coney and Larimar right after, Thaum giving a smile to them after spitting out some prickling water.

Getting some distance away from the falling waters, his azure hair appearing like a smooth river flowing down to his shoulders at first before slowly resuming its usual ways, he has just retrieved the little stone filled with prestidigitation magics when he sees an Aned shape trying to make its way through the waterfall. The adventuress has not been feeling well, Thaum having assumed she did not take well to this amount of humidity. But she slows and he sees signs that are very much alarming to a healer. He has seen drowning people before, further underlined by her collapsing. The smile on his face is quickly replaced with focus. She only has seconds now.

The small stone is shoved into Zanthia's arms unceremoniously. Thaum's eyes glow as he channels Undine's aspect into a quick spell, creating a brief glow around Aned's fallen form (also giving Thaum something to aim for) while simultaneously casting another and holding it in his hand, sheathing it in radiant blue. Without further ado, Thaum dives straight into the waterfall, uncaring if he will remain on his feet or fall, as long as his hand reaches Aned. The first spell bolstered her life force to buy more time against the battering of the electric waterfall, while the other makes the water akin to air to Aned, getting to breathe again. Hooking his arms under Aned's, Thaum begins to drag her out of the waterfall as quickly as possible, and then away from any falling water, only stopping once the water no longer can reach her.

"The stone," Thaum calls out to Zanthia, calm, but commanding to allow no delay. Having had a close look at what happened to Aned, he takes the stone back, casting prestidigitations on her to dry her from head to toe. Another check is done to see if she is in acute danger still, then begins to restore her life force.

"Rest for a moment, deep breaths." Once again, he speaks calmly, but allowing no protests. Seasoned adventurer or not, the experience of drowning is a horrifying one, and among some of the cruelest ways to die.

Show
    Emergency measures, as Aned has only two rounds before she dies of suffocation.

In the first round, Thaum uses his swift action to cast close wounds on Aned to bring her back above 0 HP (healing (1d4+25)[29]), then casts water breathing as a standard action and holding the touch spell in his hand, then uses his move action to dive into the waterfall to touch Aned with the spell so she stops suffocating.

The feeling when you pick two spells for Advanced Learning that are mostly chosen to actually have water type spells to fit the Undine theme and they actually turn out to be useful.

Several strength checks to dragon Aned out of the waterfall
    (1d20+4)[7]
    (1d20+4)[22]
    (1d20+4)[18]
    (1d20+4)[12]
    (1d20+4)[11]

More healing spells to cast, but I will need to see the result of the above checks and how much he healed before applying the various heals. Thaum uses his Touch of Healing reserve feat to bring Aned back to half max HP, though.

Spell slots
    Lv 2: 0/7
    Lv 3: 2/6

Show
    Name HP Effects
    Aned 30 / 60 Mass resist energy (resist lightning 20, 80 minutes)
    Larimar 41 / 43 Mass resist energy (resist lightning 20, 80 minutes)
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-01-22 at 05:34 AM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

Rina follows closely at Aned's footsteps, seemingly more worried for her new ally than getting wet. She's certain she's dealt with worse water issues and at the very least her clothes would get clea--

...Uh oh.

Rina lashes out trying to grab at Aned with her hand with a short soft cry that is muted as she gets a mouthful of water for her efforts, but still tries to help!

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

Strength checks: (1d20+3)[19]
    (1d20+3)[14]

...Can i make a reflex save to try to grab Aned?

(1d20+7)[22]

I can keep making strength checks to hold on and pull her out too...
    (1d20+3)[13](1d20+3)[22]

<BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Show
    Reflex save for catching Aned succeeds. I guess you two are meeting when Aned is 3/4 out of the waterfall. Coney is still half in the waterfall. Also updated map: MAP

The crashing water let's Thaum struggle for a moment, but Rina brings Aned close enough that the healer can touch her and she's no longer drowning. Both of you bring her deep enough in the next cave that the water of the waterfall stops touching her. The Naga watches the interaction stone-faced, after Aned got shuffled away from the waterfall Nahscha try's to grab Coney with her tail and pulling her out of the waterfall too.

Spoiler: Strength check
    Show

(1d20+5)[6]
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2020-01-23 at 08:08 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Orc in the Playground

Aned coughs, then blinks open her eyes, looking about in a haze. "Ugh..." she coughs again, then smiles at Rina and Thaum. "Thank you, my friends. It is said in the desert that true friends are worth more than gold." She wipes her mouth, then takes a few deep breaths as instructed, before shuddering. "I should be fine now." She sits up awkwardly, rubbing her throat.

It was not the first time she had felt the clutch of water, but it was not a thing one could get used to. She shoots the waterfall a look of loathing. "Hopefully that will be the last time we will need to deal with such a thing."
    With my dying breath

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Larimar is surprised to see how badly the water affects Aned, but thankfully there are many able hands (and a tail) to help. He might have had a few quips to share with the others, but it's just not the same trying to shout above a deafening waterfall.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-01-26 at 06:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Rina reacting as quickly as she did makes freeing Aned and getting her away from the waterfall that much easier and quicker. Once they have the adventuress in a safer place and she feels better, Thaum is able to think about other things than saving her life, letting him sigh in relief. He looks to Rina, giving her a smile and a nod. She is good people. Nahscha helping Coney through the waterfall is also duly (and noticably) noted.

"Please do let me know about potentially life-threatening conditions ahead of time in the future. I make a poor necromancer at the moment, unless you would like to come back to life as a kobold," Thaum says to Aned with some lightness to his tone as he dries his arm off to help her up (Which also channels more healing magic into her, feeling warm and soothing). On a more serious note, he adds "I cannot help you with the discomfort water causes you, but you will be safe from drowning until the next morning or so. Let me know if anything is off going forward, and I do not want to hear anything about pride or thinking you would be wasting my time."

With that done, Thaum uses the stone to dry off Rina, Zanthia, Larimar, Coney, Nahscha (if she wants to, though she gets a thanks for helping Coney either way), and finally himself. Admittedly, Thaum is starting to feel a little wobbly, needing to catch his breath for a moment. Having to save Aned drained another portion of what he had available, and the previous fight cost him a lot in order to keep people alive and the ghast from pounding them into paralyzed submission or throwing them off the bridge.

"Much of my energy is spent at this point. I should be able to get us through another fight if we do not get blindsided again, but anything beyond would need to be done mostly without me."

Show
    Thaum casts Cure Light Wounds on Aned, healing (1d8+23)[24] HP

Spell slots
    Lv 1: 6/8
    Lv 3: 2/6

Show
    Name HP Effects
    Aned 54 / 60 Mass resist energy (resist lightning 20, 80 minutes), water breathing (16 hours)
    Last edited by Ridai; 2020-01-27 at 08:27 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After having braced the waterfall the Naga accepts the cleaning of water from Thaum after the water is cleaned away her scales seem to have gotten a more lustrous shine (it's quite obviously another Prestidigitation effect.) Nahscha waits till Aned has gotten a bit better when she begins to talk again.

"The food would be very much appreciated. But if I eat all of it, what I may certainly do and it disappears after a day, when I let it lie around would it disappear in my stomach too?"

Show
    I think that should be an Arcana check.

"I don't think you have too worry that much about the ongoing way. That's mostly my territory and I made sure that everyone knows that."

When slithering deeper into the caves you all can hear some strange sounds, a mixture of crying, meowing and hissing. Nahscha hears it too and quickens her pace. There is a larger indentation in the floor that is laid out with mushrooms and perhaps some skin. Small little heads on snake-body's are producing these sounds and seemingly want to slither out of the indentation but it seems they can't.

Nahscha curls around them, regurgitates something to them and they seem to happily lick it up, the strange sounds stopped.

"Are you allright my little ****ters? Have you been cold? It's alright, some strange guys have brought mother through the waterfall that Jinn pissed out, it's alright." Nahscha nuzzles everyone of the small ones and then looks back at you. "Thanks." There is sincere gratitude in her words.

"I grant you passage through my domain. But should you get farther I must say that a wisp spirit has taken residence on the next bridge and it seems to be moping or doing whatever. She's pretty harmless, just something to look out for."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, the food does not disappear, it simply spoils after two days. So as long as you eat it before then, there is nothing to worry about, and you will easily be able to tell once the food has gone bad."

Once they reach the nest, Thaum retrieves a few jars from his bag, making sure they are the ones with wide openings and bottoms, and invokes Undine, filling the jars with food paste or water. The paste is not much to look at, though given what Nahscha feeds her young, that will most likely not be an issue. "What do you want it to taste like?" And he does his best to recreate the taste with a prestidigitation.

"We will take a look at the Wisp. Thank you for the safe passage, Nahscha."

Show
    As promised, Thaum retrieves some jars and casts create food and water, creating enough food and drink to feed 24 medium-sized creatures for a day. Large-size creatures counts as three medium-sized creatures for this. He then casts purify food and drink and the food to make it last two days, as per the former's spell description.

Spell slots
    Lv 0: 1/6
    Lv 1: 6/8
    Lv 3: 1/6

Show
    Name HP Effects
    Aned 54 / 60 Mass resist energy (resist lightning 20, 80 minutes), water breathing (16 hours)

27. - Top - End - #207
    Orc in the Playground

Aned looks embarrassed. "I apologize. I did not realize you were capable of this boon," she replies, chastened. "I thank you for it. I had not realized that water would become such an issue going upward in this cave. But I do not think I have any other such vulnerabilities going forward."

She looks over towards the naga and her young, expression skeptical. Certainly, it is better than things worked out like this, but the naga's attitude isn't the best, and it is probably for the best that they go forward before Nahscha decides that they owe her more for her help. "If the Wisp is ahead, then hopefully there is no conflict remaining, unless Jerry attempts to hinder our exit."
    With my dying breath

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney

Mere proximity to Coney seemed to help warm up bones - and especially dusty bones - chilled by the waterfall. She smiles grimly and shakes out her fur. She glances over at And with concern.

"Do you need to rest before we continue on? With our host's permission, we could always camp here a bit..."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Larimar has definitely thought a bit more highly of the naga after she helped, and seeing her kids. Now that the roaring waterfall is long behind them, they're all dried up, and there's somewhat of a lull in the activity, he perks up a bit and says, "The children are cute. Are they cold?" He thought about making some kind of fire, but there really was a lack of materials for things to burn around here. Also, not really a good idea when any sort of babies are involved. Instead, he offers some blankets, which.. at the very least, would make for a bit more insulation.

"Say, if you all want to rest, I think it may be a good a time as ever. I've got some splendid apple pie you all can try and just plain apples if you prefer as well. Best apples in the realm," he says with a toothy grin.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I take a serving of raw wild boar, if you can do that?" Nahscha looks quite astonished at the summoned food and gives it try. "It's perfect. The best consistency even for my small ones." Nahscha animates the small Nagas too try too and they seem eager too get more food in their stomachs.

She looks at Larimar with a sly grin. "It's not often that other folk find our children cute, I appreciate all of your help, thankfully they have quite thick scales but if I can't get to them regularly they may shrivel up." The blanket is accepted and worked into the impromptu nesting area, some of the small nagas try to curl it around them, what Nahscha seems to find utterly fascinating.

She eats the food Thaum conjured… Though not all of it, she nearly finishes one half of the conjured food, her stomach bulging noticably, her three children have curled around her and she produces an audible belch. "I may have been a Jerry out there at first. I'm sorry for that. You can rest in my domain if you want too, also I may be able to fit one of this best apples in my stomach, though only one."

Nahscha has curled around herself, her head comfortably resting on her body.