New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Timeline of Volume 6: The extent MITD has disrupted Team Evil to date.

NOTE: Spoilers up to the current comic included.
    Do not read any further if you do not want to encounter them. Main comic sources only, though.

After the argument that broke out between Team Evil at the final comic that was just recently posted, I became curious as to exactly how much time has passed that Team Evil has been at the North Pole, and how far they have actually progressed through Kraagor's Gate. Here's my compilation and source material so far:

Spoiler: Timeline of Volume 6:
    Show
    Team Evil's Timetable:

#901, Team Evil teleports to the North Pole. This is "Day 1", and is the same day that Durkon died.

#924, Laurin: "You could owe me a favor [...] can be cleared before the end of the day."

#943: Julio tells Elan that he plans to leave the Mechane and leave Bandana in command.

#945: Night 1, as Laurin's favor has now been called by day's end.

#946: Day 2 - Julio leaves The Mechane. Bandana is now Captain of The Mechane.

#952: "Damn it! Three days in command, and I've already wrecked the ship." - It is currently Day 4.

#956: "About 12 hours [from Tinkertown]."

#963: It is Night 4, as the Mechane travels to Tinkertown.

#964: Day 5, at Tinkertown.

#965: "The ship will be ready first thing tomorrow morning."

#992: Day 6, the Mechane arrives at the Godsmoot.

#1030: "At least a day before we'll be at Firmament"

#1032: O-Chul and Lien get attacked by Oona.

#1037: "Almost got special dinner for you..." denotes same day Oona attacks the paladins. Day 6.

#1038: "Is already dusk!" + "He's preparing his spells for the night." Night 6.

#1039: As of Night 6,
    - 107 doors shown, either partially or completely within view.
    - Of these 107 doors, 16 have been marked with an "X".

#1040: "A few hours later"...

#1041: Only 1 door attempted on Night 6. "Should we try a second door?" + "NO."
    - MitD marks 4 doors. 20 doors now marked with an X compared to #1039.
    - TE attempts only a single door for the duration of Night 6.

#1042: As of Night 6, O-Chul and Lien arrive at their cliff base. O-Chul observes MitD marking doors.
    - This means that MitD has marked an unknown number of additional doors prior to and after Night 6.
    - Lien to cast "Sending" to Haley.

#1043: Still Night 6 en route to Firmament from OotS PoV.

#1049: Day 7, Passage Pass.

#1050: Haley confirming Lien's Sending took place on Night 6 during #1042.
    - Also confirms no "time zone" differences between OotS and TE. Night 6 for OotS matches TE's.

#1084: "[The OotS] will arrive at Thor's temple in Firmament before midnight."

#1085: Team Vampire fails to penetrate Thor's temple at Firmament.

#1089: Day 7 is a Tuesday.
    - Odin's Hall will be empty on Night 7.

#1090: OotS arrives at Firmament during Night 7, "before midnight", according to Hel's #1084.

#1094: However, the arrival at Thor's temple took place "after midnight", as per Minrah.

#1095: Team Vampire's #1085 attack took place "before dusk", six hours prior to OotS' arrival.
    - Also, the Council of Clan Elders vote to take place during the "midmorning" of Day 8.

#1116: Battle at Odin's Hall begins, Night 7, as per 1089.

#1136: Night 7 - "How long has it been since you've died? [...]" "Uh, I think only aboot a week, m'lord."
    - Current timeline matches Durkon's account of how long since his death.

#1152: Still Night 7, according to Roy, as dawn has not happened yet. Durkon to prepare spells.

#1155: Council of Clan Elders meeting begins. It is now Day 8.

#1179: Durkon freed after being dragged back to Temple of Thor by family.
    - Probably still Day 8, as Durkon's family is still largely present without mention of prolonged time.
    - Additionally, Godsmoot Clerics are preparing for lunch, when the Council met at morning.

#1180: "You've got an hour."

#1185: OotS departs roughly an hour later, according to Roy.

#1188: It is now dusk. Night 8 begins.

#1189: Sending received by Lien from Vaarsuvius. Lien and O-Chul are then attacked.
    - OotS to arrive on Day 10.
    - Team Evil: Five doors completed, making at least 25 doors with an X, when compared to Night 6.
    - "We must have done six doors before- count the number of doors, and divide by the days-"
    - "No, Oona is thinking not so many."

What we know based on the above source material:

1. Team Evil has been at Kraagor's Tomb for at least 8 nights.
    2. At least 107 doors into Kraagor's Tomb exist, of which, 16 doors were marked with an X before Night 6.
    3. Counting the five doors completed by Night 8, plus the one from Night 6, and the extra 3 forged by the MitD on 1041, at least 25 doors have been marked with an X by 1189.
    4. Oona never recalls a day where six doors have been attempted before. If her memory is correct, which is probably true (note MitD's reaction to her memory), then of the 16 doors marked with an X prior to Night 6, if a maximum of 5 doors have ever been tried on a single day, Door 16 was marked on Day/Night 5. This means that Team Evil has been attacking doors since Day/Night 2.
    5. Redcloak notes that the Mean Average of doors completed is greater than 6. If Team Evil began attacking doors as early as Day 2, then as of Day 8, Team Evil has been attacking doors for at least seven days. For Doors checked/Days passed to be greater than 6, at least 42 doors have been marked by this point.
    6. If both 4 and 5 are true by all accounts, MitD has false marked at least 20 doors. This adjusts the number of marked doors to at least 42.

...Which, is also pretty surprising, given that it would mean that just about every door TE has gone through, MitD has also faked one. After that many days, you think someone with good Wisdom like Redcloak or strong Racial skill bonuses like Xykon would have noticed?
    "When will I ever stop telling stories? Well, you see..."

That's what loyal teammates do for each other, isn't it? You know, when they're not busy getting new haircuts.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Timeline of Volume 6: The extent MITD has disrupted Team Evil to date.

Quote Originally Posted by RickDaily12 View Post
    ...Which, is also pretty surprising, given that it would mean that just about every door TE has gone through, MitD has also faked one. After that many days, you think someone with good Wisdom like Redcloak or strong Racial skill bonuses like Xykon would have noticed?
    It's fairly likely that each of them has noticed, but is blaming the other.
    The Giant says: Yes, I am aware TV Tropes exists as a website. ... No, I have never decided to do something in the comic because it was listed on TV Tropes. I don't use it as a checklist for ideas ... and I have never intentionally referenced it in any way.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Timeline of Volume 6: The extent MITD has disrupted Team Evil to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    It's fairly likely that each of them has noticed, but is blaming the other.
    Yes; and they could be blaming the other for marking false doors, or for doing them in secret to try and find the door before the other.

I wonder if it's possible that one of the members of TE is in fact doing some doors in secret to some end? Probably not, but it's worth considering.
    "You think you have won, do you? You are mistaken! I will not be defeated! I will destroy EVERYTHING and you BOTH will die! I hold the prophecy stone in my hands. When it breaks the DARK DRAGON will rise to destroy ALL of Silmaria. You cannot stop me. NO ONE can stop me. I AM YOUR DOOM!" - QFG V

I would be very grateful for any feedback on the homebrewed stuff I've created:
    The Warp Walker, The Glorious Berserker

4. - Top - End - #4

Lizardfolk

They might consider some external force before thinking its MitD. It'd be easy enough for a guardian to get some paint and trick them, after all.
    Really if Redcloak was Lawful, he'd have kept an up-to-date spreadsheet tracking the number of doors per day and used numerics on the cleared doors. He must be lapsing towards Neutral Evil <\sarcasm>

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Riftwolf View Post
    They might consider some external force before thinking its MitD. It'd be easy enough for a guardian to get some paint and trick them, after all.
    Really if Redcloak was Lawful, he'd have kept an up-to-date spreadsheet tracking the number of doors per day and used numerics on the cleared doors. He must be lapsing towards Neutral Evil <\sarcasm>
    You're joking, but this is 100% true. The first time we saw them at the dungeon, they only did one door before calling it a night. Today they did 5. Assuming they haven't gained the numerous levels it would take in order for the dungeon to become 5x easier in only a few days, it's safe to say that some doors are MUCH harder than others. Keeping track of which doors are harder would help him recognize any potential patterns.
    Last edited by littlebum2002; 2019-12-03 at 08:30 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    You're joking, but this is 100% true. The first time we saw them at the dungeon, they only did one door before calling it a night. Today they did 5. Assuming they haven't gained the numerous levels it would take in order for the dungeon to become 5x easier in only a few days, it's safe to say that some doors are MUCH harder than others. Keeping track of which doors are harder would help him recognize any potential patterns.
    Or they've become a lot more frustrated and just want it over with. The difference between 1 and 5 dungeons is huge, I'll admit, but maybe at first they just yolo'd into them uncoordinated and stopped when they were more than halfway through Redcloak's healing spells but still topped off on hp, while now they use more tactics to make their resources last longer, go until they are out of magic full stop and then 80 hitpoints into their health (maybe they use ritual casting of healing magic to refill during the day? Is that even a thing?) and maybe use some potions and other consumables on top of it. That would definitely make 3 or 4 dungeons per night reasonable. 6 is a bit of a stretch, but with the DR of the monster in the dark being utilized better and Xykon being more serious about it them having done 5 tonight wouldn't be that weird.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    (maybe they use ritual casting of healing magic to refill during the day? Is that even a thing?)
    Nope, there's no ritual casting in third edition.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

Here's the thing - whether MITD has helped or hindered TE will not become clear until the Gate is found. Because if it's in a door he DIDN'T mark, or if it's not in "Monster Hollow" AT ALL... then he's helped them by eliminating wrong answers.

If he's marked all the paths to the Gate, OTOH (or if they get killed trying a sixth one in a day or something like that, but that's pretty unlikely), then he has hindered them.

Intent doesn't really matter in this instance, even if he's clearly not trying to help them. Disrupt or not disrupt, something something.
    Last edited by Reboot; 2019-12-05 at 08:02 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Having a scene with Team Evil remarking they're doing six doors a night just serves to increase the tension during the Christmas break.

There will eventually be a scene where they've done all the doors and get frustrated. Oona, the most likeable Chaotic Evil murderer since Thog (what is it about the author that makes him keep creating affable murderers?), will get angry about it and probably get killed to emphasize how evil Team Evil is. MITD will keep quiet about it as usual because nobody thinks he's smart enough to do anything. Cue OOTS arrival and plot thickening.
    How to turn off these annoying .sigs:

1. Edit your profile options.
    2. Scroll down to "Visible Post Elements".
    3. Uncheck "Show Signatures".
    4. Save changes.
    5. Enjoy a much less cluttered and noisy forum.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Riftwolf View Post
    I wonder if there is some external force. After all, why is MitD doing this? He's never been shown understanding the main plot. So what set him up to do it? Maybe he noticed someone marking an extra door and made friends with them?

The smart thing for the guardian at this point is to unmark doors that do not lead to the gate. If they know which door hides the gate, it's easy. If they don't, well, swap marked and unmarked doors when about half of them is marked (but in that case it would have helped if there were no false marks).

11. - Top - End - #11

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Hekko View Post
    I wonder if there is some external force. After all, why is MitD doing this? He's never been shown understanding the main plot. So what set him up to do it? Maybe he noticed someone marking an extra door and made friends with them?

The smart thing for the guardian at this point is to unmark doors that do not lead to the gate. If they know which door hides the gate, it's easy. If they don't, well, swap marked and unmarked doors when about half of them is marked (but in that case it would have helped if there were no false marks).
    I think he's realised he should take notice of the plot because Xykon and Redcloak don't have his best interests in mind.

Depending on how smart he's gotten, he might even know as much about Redcloak's plan as Tsukiko did.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Here's the thing - whether MITD has helped or hindered TE will not become clear until the Gate is found. Because if it's in a door he DIDN'T mark, or if it's not in "Monster Hollow" AT ALL... then he's helped them by eliminating wrong answers.

If he's marked all the paths to the Gate, OTOH (or if they get killed trying a sixth one in a day or something like that, but that's pretty unlikely), then he has hindered them.
    He has also hindered them by making their method of search accounting unreliable - possibly forcing them to start over - and could cause them to be overconfident in their abilities and take on more doors than they can realistically handle.

It also weakens their confidence in one another, already at minimum lows. Sure, once they figure out that someone is marking unexplored doors, MitD is the obvious culprit for it, but RC and Xykon are in a constant state of paranoia about each other that could easily lead them to rejecting the obvious answer as a clever ploy by the other.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Finagle View Post
    (what is it about the author that makes him keep creating affable murderers?)
    1. This is the same author unable, or unwilling, to write a father that isn't bad/poor/horrible. (Except maybe Inkyrus).
    2. This author made a choice early on in dealing with stereotypicalyly evil NPCs/Monsters: take this back to about strip 5 or so. That choice included 1) making them a bit more three dimensional, such as giving them names and poking at the murderhobo habit of treating monsters as bags of XP and 2) in a number of cases giving them motivations and character traits (particularly Redcloak and Xykon, but others as well like Sabine) that fleshed them out as characters. With that in mind it is no surprise that a variety of evil characters like Thog or Malack also gets extra care - though still thoroughly evil and bloody handed by nature - with an "on screen" presence that is not bound by some of the perceived the limits of the genre.

I think the Giant has done a nice job with this. His article on character motivations among evil NPC's is a nice insight to his thought process on that, as is his "build a villain" framework.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2019-12-06 at 11:09 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

14. - Top - End - #14

RangerGuy

O-Chul is the external force. MitD understands that O-Chul wants Team Evil to fail, and realised that O-Chul is more concerned witht his wellbeing than Team Evil is. He still doesn't understand the main plot, but he knows he should side with O-Chul rather than Xykon on principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stricken View Post
    I tip my hat to you, Giant. For every person who rules-nitpicks you, there are bound to be ten times as many fans who are just blown away by how excellent your storytelling is.

15. - Top - End - #15

WolfInSheepsClothing

(what is it about the author that makes him keep creating affable murderers?)
    Who wants to read about boring and unlikable characters? I doubt we'll get 20 pages from the life of Todd, the guy who rubber stamps the execution orders for political dissidents and fluffy bunnies from his desk, because it's just not interesting to read about. "Todd scanned the paper work to ensure that everything was in order. 'I can't wait to watch The Bachelor' when I get home, thought Todd. 'Maybe I'll splurge and order pizza tonight too.' Everything was in order, so he stamped the form. He picked up the next one and started scanning that as well. 'The coffee in the break room was awful again today. I think the logistics department has been scrimping with these budget cuts.' He scowled. This form wasn't compliant to their mandatory record keeping procedures! 'Well,' thought Todd, 'I'll get you in the end - after I have a nice little chat with the HR about your AN-1903 form! Muah ha ha!'"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    1. This is the same author unable, or unwilling, to write a father that isn't bad/poor/horrible.
    You know, I never noticed that, but...you're right. Every single father is bad. Wow, that's deep. That certainly explains a lot. I always got the idea that the arguments between Eugene and Roy were his own fights with his father. Girard is terrible, Kubota is terrible, Malack is terrible, Yikyik is terrible, even Loki. The only good guy is Julio Scoundrel, and he always disappears. Gosh, that's even deeper.

I doubt we'll get 20 pages from the life of Todd, the guy who rubber stamps the execution orders for political dissidents and fluffy bunnies from his desk, because it's just not interesting to read about.
    You can write evil characters without making them likeable. Everyone loved Thog, and everyone loves Oona. "It’s weird, no matter how many people he kills, the audience still thinks he’s lovable." They're written that way on purpose. We need to cheer for the villains to lose. Boring characters are boring no matter what their alignment.
    How to turn off these annoying .sigs:

1. Edit your profile options.
    2. Scroll down to "Visible Post Elements".
    3. Uncheck "Show Signatures".
    4. Save changes.
    5. Enjoy a much less cluttered and noisy forum.

17. - Top - End - #17

Lizardfolk

I think the Giant specifically said that just because most of the father figures in the story aren't great doesn't mean that reflects his personal life.

18. - Top - End - #18

WolfInSheepsClothing

You can write evil characters without making them likeable. Everyone loved Thog, and everyone loves Oona. "It’s weird, no matter how many people he kills, the audience still thinks he’s lovable." They're written that way on purpose. We need to cheer for the villains to lose. Boring characters are boring no matter what their alignment.
    I was being a bit glib, but it's both for that reason and because it's a comedy. I think OOTS sets up villains so that people cheer when they are defeated, but their likability is part of the entertainment value as a comedy and what makes it fun. Joking about evil characters and dark stuff isn't bad and just because people enjoy reading about Thog or Xykon or Redcloak and find their parts funny doesn't mean they condone their actions. No one comes to this website thinking they are going to be reading Lolita or something.

19. - Top - End - #19

GreataxeFighterGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Itiative View Post
    O-Chul is the external force. MitD understands that O-Chul wants Team Evil to fail, and realised that O-Chul is more concerned witht his wellbeing than Team Evil is. He still doesn't understand the main plot, but he knows he should side with O-Chul rather than Xykon on principle.
    I don't think that explains all of it. We're talking about a creature who used to forget about the gate during being explained about the gate while standing next to the gate. He seems to retain the information somehow (he tried to stop O-Chul from attacking Xykon by using his name) but he was greatly motivated at the moment. Where did the motivation for another step up come from?

O-chul's influence explains the willingness to work agains TE. I'm saying something or someone must have given MitD the idea to do it specifically this way.

Perhaps he witnessed the guardian marking an extra door early on and mimicked that?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    He has also hindered them by making their method of search accounting unreliable - possibly forcing them to start over - and could cause them to be overconfident in their abilities and take on more doors than they can realistically handle.

It also weakens their confidence in one another, already at minimum lows. Sure, once they figure out that someone is marking unexplored doors, MitD is the obvious culprit for it, but RC and Xykon are in a constant state of paranoia about each other that could easily lead them to rejecting the obvious answer as a clever ploy by the other.

Grey Wolf
    Absolutely, and good point on both confidence notes.

I wrote a similar tangent in the main comic thread. There's an extremely low chance that the gate is going to be behind any of these doors, and it's just as likely to be behind a door that MitD crosses off as one that they actually adventure through. If they reach the last door and haven't stumbled across the right one (which seems likely, going by just how many MitD is falsely marking), they'll be forced to start all over again. This is absolutely hindering them.

I will say that I don't know if MitD will be the obvious culprit. I'm thinking Oona would be. She's the only one they don't have significant ties to maintaining a good relationship with. I could see RC or Xykon killing her in a fit of suspicion, easily.

I'm saying something or someone must have given MitD the idea to do it specifically this way.
    I don't think it requires any great genius or ingenuity to realize that "hey, they expect me to mark off the door they just went through--what if I marked off ones they didn't?" counts as sabotage. It would be the first thing that I would think of, easily. Doesn't require any direct confrontation and is something they weren't paying much attention to.

Oh--and great thread! Thanks for putting this together, I was too lazy to go through and get numbers. Very helpful.
    Last edited by Mariele; 2019-12-07 at 06:34 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Flumph

You know, I never noticed that, but...you're right. Every single father is bad. Wow, that's deep. That certainly explains a lot. I always got the idea that the arguments between Eugene and Roy were his own fights with his father. Girard is terrible, Kubota is terrible, Malack is terrible, Yikyik is terrible, even Loki. The only good guy is Julio Scoundrel, and he always disappears. Gosh, that's even deeper.
    What about uncle Geoff? Not exactly morally upstanding, but he was willing to make big sacrifices for his son's well-being at least.

22. - Top - End - #22

BlueWizardGirl

Ian isn’t terrible. He’s made some poor decisions, yes, but he and Haley clearly love each other.

And Kubota isn’t a father and Malack’s ‘kids’ die offscreen well before the story begins.
    Last edited by LadyEowyn; 2019-12-07 at 02:32 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Flumph

Daigo certainly looks like he wull be a good father too.

24. - Top - End - #24

You know, I never noticed that, but...you're right. Every single father is bad. Wow, that's deep.
    It's not as deep as you imagine.

On topic, this is a pretty cool analysis. I don't think I've seen a thread that analyzes the timeline of the strip before.

25. - Top - End - #25

SolithKnightGuy

I think it’s more being unwilling to write mothers as bad figures and then falling back to oh well it must be the father that messes the PC backstory up
    'Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë! “The day has come! Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!" And all those who heard his great voice echo in the hills answered, crying:'Auta i lómë!" The night is passing!"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I personally believe that the MitD has an above average Intelligence score.

He took one glance at the ritual, and realized it was only half, something Tsukiko despite having studied magic theory and all, did not realize.
    He picked up on the rules of Go quickly and easily recognized when O-Chul tried to cheat.

There's been a few other instances too. And he indicated to O-Chul that he simply prefered not to think (AKA use his intelligence score), because its easier and just have others tell him what to do/think.

But once he started thinking for himself, I do believe he started putting things together. Especially since both Xykon and RC think he's a harmless dummy, they usually don't care if he's nearby when they discuss things.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

As per 1191, only one night has passed between Night 8 and the current comic, as per "didn't need to listen to Elan explain the plot for the second night in a row."

As it is now dawn, it is currently Day 10.

Theoretically, as Team Evil was near the end of their spelunking as of Night 8, it means that up to 6 additional doors were likely marked yesterday, bringing our theoretical total to 48 marked doors.

EDIT: Another fun fact: if we were to instead use Roy's Resurrection as our Day 1, as that was "at least a fortnight + that fits in with Durkon's timeline" (source: comic 842) prior to Durkon's death, it is now Day 25. The Order has a maximum 4 and a half weeks left before the end of the in-comic year.
    Last edited by RickDaily12; 2020-02-22 at 04:13 PM.

That's what loyal teammates do for each other, isn't it? You know, when they're not busy getting new haircuts.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Colossus in the Playground

EDIT: Another fun fact: if we were to instead use Roy's Resurrection as our Day 1, as that was "at least a fortnight + that fits in with Durkon's timeline" (source: comic 842) prior to Durkon's death, it is now Day 25. The Order has a maximum 4 and a half weeks left before the end of the in-comic year.
    The "at least" is Belkar's estimate. It appears to be slightly longer:

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...-s-Death-Scene

20 days rather than 14, between Roy's resurrection and Durkon's death.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2020-02-22 at 05:22 PM.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    The "at least" is Belkar's estimate. It appears to be slightly longer:

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...-s-Death-Scene

20 days rather than 14, between Roy's resurrection and Durkon's death.
    Interesting. Ok then. So this is Day 29 since Roy was revived, as Day 20 = Day 1 by these standards.

"More than seven weeks" = 50-55 days, so Belkar, as of now, dies within the next roughly 21 days.

We should be well into the final month of the comic year, then.

30. - Top - End - #30

Flumph

4. Oona never recalls a day where six doors have been attempted before. If her memory is correct, which is probably true (note MitD's reaction to her memory), then of the 16 doors marked with an X prior to Night 6, if a maximum of 5 doors have ever been tried on a single day, Door 16 was marked on Day/Night 5. This means that Team Evil has been attacking doors since Day/Night 2.
    5. Redcloak notes that the Mean Average of doors completed is greater than 6. If Team Evil began attacking doors as early as Day 2, then as of Day 8, Team Evil has been attacking doors for at least seven days. For Doors checked/Days passed to be greater than 6, at least 42 doors have been marked by this point.
    This is not quite right. Redcloak notes that the average of doors completed is greater than 5. As in, if you take the number of days they have been there, and multiply by 5, that is the most doors that could have been opened without exceeding 5 per day. Redcloak says that at least one more door than that has been marked.

Mathematically, this is called the pigeonhole principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by NihhusHuotAliro’s cousin View Post
    It's a secret, like suspenders.