Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 236
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R1T10: Dusha lets out a soft cackle - as expected, things were already going to pot - and then throws a few mild invectives at Erasmus, for lighting their position, the group, for deciding to attack in the dark, and the gods on general principles. She moves forwards behind the boys with the knives, staying just inside the circle of light so that she can see where she's stepping. Behind her ear she can hear Radigan, resting in her hood, chitter nervously.

    R1T6: The belltower guard shouts something loudly in Infernal.
    Spoiler: Infernal
    Show
    "Raiding party coming. Climber on tower. Others 75' out."
    The belltower guard looks over the opening in the stairwell going down, Tia sees him, and he shoots, missing. He reloads.

    R1T5: Meijen, what do you do?

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Kavina: 23. READIED to turn into Kavina shape once the others arrive!!!
    Erasmus: 21. Sunrod in hand: 30' normal light, 30' dim light.
    Tia: 20. On Belltower landing.
    Aldo: 17. 55' from Belltower.
    Flycatcher: 15. 55' from Belltower.
    Janiven: 11. 40' from Belltower.
    Dusha: 10. 60' from Belltower, behind the halflings.
    Belltower Thug, Belfry (m): 6. (9:9). 19 bots.
    Meijen: 5.
    Belltower Thug, Landing (f): 4. (-6:9). Unloaded. On ground by Kavina. DYING!!!
    Radigan: 3.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R1T5: Meijin moves the full complement of his speed towards the belltower while flourishing out his blade. He moves 60' and is now 15' from the belltower.

    R1T3: Radigant chitters nervously in Dusha's hood, but is now alert for battle.

    End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

    R2T23:
    Kavina, your readied action did not go off. You see Meijen in dim light, 10' from you. There is a body right next to you, that of a tiefling woman, you think, with a crossbow next to her. What do you do?

    Erasmus on deck, Tia in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Kavina: 23.
    Erasmus: 21. Sunrod in hand: 30' normal light, 30' dim light.
    Tia: 20. On Belltower landing.
    Aldo: 17. 55' from Belltower.
    Flycatcher: 15. 55' from Belltower.
    Janiven: 11. 40' from Belltower.
    Dusha: 10. 60' from Belltower, behind the halflings.
    Belltower Thug, Belfry (m): 6. (9:9). 19 bots.
    Meijen: 5. 15' from Belltower.
    Belltower Thug, Landing (f): 4. (-6:9). Unloaded. On ground by Kavina. STABLE!!!
    Radigan: 3.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R2T23: Kavina rises from cover changing into Kavina’s black leather clad human form and moving next Meijin. She gives gives him a wink and a grin. “Tia’s taking out the guards in the tower. Where are the others? The time for stealth has passed.”

    R2T20: Tia starts up the stairwell, aiming to catch up to the Belltower guard and take him down. She takes a double move to get up to the belfry where she now faces a male tiefling with a crossbow in hand.

    R2T17: Aldo, you are 55' from the belltower (which is beyond what you can see). What do you do?

    Flycatcher on deck, Janiven in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Kavina: 23. 15' from Belltower, by Meijen.
    Erasmus: 21. Sunrod in hand: 30' normal light, 30' dim light.
    Tia: 20. On Belltower landing.
    Aldo: 17. 55' from Belltower.
    Flycatcher: 15. 55' from Belltower.
    Janiven: 11. 40' from Belltower.
    Dusha: 10. 60' from Belltower, behind the halflings.
    Belltower Thug, Belfry (m): 6. (9:9). 19 bots.
    Meijen: 5. 15' from Belltower.
    Belltower Thug, Landing (f): 4. (-6:9). Unloaded. On ground by Kavina. STABLE!!!
    Radigan: 3.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R2T17: Aldo groans. These people just don't get how espionage works, do they? Your enemy can't go after you if they don't know you're there, so keeping them in the dark is the primary goal. Just because the belltower crew ran into difficulty didn't mean that the ground team had to go in all willy-nilly. But alas, unless he wanted to be left behind, he needed to pick up some speed and eschew stealth for the moment. He ends his movement 15' from the belltower, alongside Meijen and Kavina.

    R2T16: Not that it helps, because now Erasmus double moves, his bright sunrod coming with him, as he closes 60', ending movement with the clump of Meijen, Kavina, and Aldo, and putting them all in the area of normal lighting. The sunrod illuminates the side of the belltower, but not quite the top. The top of the belltower is in dim light, and everyone thinks they see someone up there.

    R2T15: Flycatcher, Aldo just opened throttle ... as did the source of light. What do you do?

    Janiven on deck, Dusha in the hole...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Kavina: 23. 15' from Belltower, by Meijen.
    Tia: 20. On Belltower landing.
    Aldo: 17. 15' from Belltower.
    Erasmus: 16. Sunrod in hand: 30' normal light, 30' dim light.
    Flycatcher: 15. 55' from Belltower.
    Janiven: 11. 40' from Belltower.
    Dusha: 10. 60' from Belltower, behind the halflings.
    Belltower Thug, Belfry (m): 6. (9:9). 19 bots.
    Meijen: 5. 15' from Belltower.
    Belltower Thug, Landing (f): 4. (-6:9). Unloaded. On ground by Kavina. STABLE!!!
    Radigan: 3.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R2T15: The Flycatcher sighs before moving up to the belltower, drawing his rapier in his free hand as he goes, moving past the bulk and standing next to the belltower.

    R2T11: Janiven closes to the group and shoots upwards, hitting the belltower tiefling for 6 (though only Tia sees that he gets shot).

    R2T10: Dusha, you are 60' from the belltower (45' from "the clump"). What do you do?

    Belltower Thug on deck, Meijen in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Kavina: 23. 15' from Belltower, by Meijen.
    Tia: 20. On Belltower landing.
    Aldo: 17. 15' from Belltower.
    Erasmus: 16. Sunrod in hand: 30' normal light, 30' dim light.
    Flycatcher: 15. 55' from Belltower.
    Janiven: 11. 40' from Belltower.
    Dusha: 10. 60' from Belltower, behind the halflings.
    Belltower Thug, Belfry (m): 6. (3:9). 19 bots.
    Meijen: 5. 15' from Belltower.
    Belltower Thug, Landing (f): 4. (-6:9). Unloaded. On ground by Kavina. STABLE!!!
    Radigan: 3.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R2T10: Dusha moves up to join the clump, shaking her hands free of her overlong sleeves and drawing her dagger.

    R2T6: The belfry guard shouts towards the stairs.
    Spoiler: Infernal.
    Show
    "Get the mummies! We need help!"
    He concentrates on his position, but nothing happens. He opens his eyes, realizing whatever he tried failed.

    R2T5: Meijen, what do you do?

    Radigan delays...

    End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

    R3T23:
    Kavina, you are in the clump 15' from the belltower. What do you do?

    Tia on deck, Aldo in the hole, Radigan delaying ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Kavina: 23. 15' from Belltower, by Meijen.
    Tia: 20. On Belltower landing.
    Aldo: 17. 15' from Belltower.
    Erasmus: 16. Sunrod in hand: 30' normal light, 30' dim light.
    Flycatcher: 15. 55' from Belltower.
    Janiven: 11. 40' from Belltower.
    Dusha: 10. 15' from Belltower.
    Belltower Thug, Belfry (m): 6. (3:9). 19 bots.
    Meijen: 5. 15' from Belltower.
    Belltower Thug, Landing (f): 4. (-6:9). Unloaded. On ground by Kavina. STABLE!!!
    Radigan: 3. DELAYING!!!
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R2T5: Meijin looks for any entrances on this wall. Finding none, he travels towards the front of the church itself and finds and entrance.

    Radigan delays...

    End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

    R3T23:
    Kavina follows Meijen around to the front of the church, and sees the entrance he found.

    R3T20: Tia, what do you do?

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Kavina: 23. 15' from Belltower, by Meijen.
    Tia: 20. On Belltower landing.
    Aldo: 17. 15' from Belltower.
    Erasmus: 16. Sunrod in hand: 30' normal light, 30' dim light.
    Flycatcher: 15. 55' from Belltower.
    Janiven: 11. 40' from Belltower.
    Dusha: 10. 15' from Belltower.
    Belltower Thug, Belfry (m): 6. (3:9). 19 bots.
    Meijen: 5. 15' from Belltower.
    Belltower Thug, Landing (f): 4. (-6:9). Unloaded. On ground by Kavina. STABLE!!!
    Radigan: 3. DELAYING!!!
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R3T20: Tia closes any remaining distance between her and the belltower guard, and quickly strikes with her scythe to take him down. Her scythe cuts through his left shoulder for 9. The man gets tossed like hay on a pitchfork out the belfry and lands on the ground several feet from where some of the Children are standing by the main church entrance. His body is unmoving. Tia then yells in Infernal towards the same direction as the guard had.
    Spoiler: Infenal
    Show
    "False alarm!!"
    Of course, she is female with a voice quality completely unlike the tiefling male she just tossed off of the 40' tall belltower.

    R3T17: Aldo, you are 15' from the tower, and 30' from where the entrance is that Meijen is at. What do you do?

    Erasmus on deck, Flycatcher in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Kavina: 23. 15' from Belltower, by Meijen.
    Tia: 20. On Belltower landing.
    Aldo: 17. 15' from Belltower.
    Erasmus: 16. Sunrod in hand: 30' normal light, 30' dim light.
    Flycatcher: 15. Belltower.
    Janiven: 11. 10' from Belltower.
    Dusha: 10. 15' from Belltower.
    Meijen: 5. 15' from Belltower.
    Belltower Thug, Landing (f): 4. (-6:9). Unloaded. On ground by Kavina. STABLE!!!
    Radigan: 3. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD
    Belltower Thug.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R3T17: Aldo rushes to the door. As he approaches, he motions to Meijin to wait. He wanted everyone present before they made their move.

    R3T16: Erasmus rushes up to the door to provide light.

    R3T15: The Flycatcher moves to the edge of the door, giving it enough room to swing open.

    R3T11: Janiven steps over and proves why her weapon - the elven azaer - is perfect for dispatching enemies as she performs a coup de grace on the tiefling woman.

    R3T10: Dusha, you move up to the door with everyone else, yes?

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Kavina: 23. Door.
    Tia: 20. On Belltower landing.
    Aldo: 17. Door.
    Erasmus: 16. Sunrod in hand: 30' normal light, 30' dim light.
    Flycatcher: 15. Door.
    Janiven: 11. 10' from Belltower.
    Dusha: 10. 15' from Belltower.
    Meijen: 5. Door.
    Radigan: 3. DELAYING!!!
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    Surprise Round ...

    Several bolts come towards the doorway from unseen assailants, but they all hit the doorjamb near a startled Meijen.

    Round One ...

    R1T26:
    An arrow whizzes past everyone in line of the door and goes in to hit something that gives a whining yelp like that of a wounded dog .... cause that is exactly what it is as poor "Scabby" goes down without a fight. "What the--?! Sunrod ain't working right."

    R1T23: Erasmus moves in, right up to a wall of darkness his sunrod can't penetrate with anything but dim light. Out of his mouth is the voice of a woman casting a spell as he is now surrounded by a ghostly light (that doesn't actually shed light, cause, y'know, game mechanics).
    Spoiler: Spellcraft DC 17
    Show
    Shield of faith

    R1T21: Tia, you see four crossbow-wielding tieflings, all crossbows unloaded, on a column on the far west of the room. Erasmus stands over a dead dog with scabs on it. What do you do? What do you do with Via?

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand.
    * Via:
    BoE3: 20. (9:9). Unloaded.
    Dusha: 19.
    Aldo: 18. Twin Lt-MBs.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan.
    BoE1: 12. (9:9). Unload ed.
    Rufus: 11. Rapier.
    Meijen: 8.
    BoE2: 7. (9:9). Unloaded.
    BoE4: 6. (9:9). Unloaded.
    Radigan: 4.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R1T21-20: Tia, speaking through Via, speaks up to the rest of the party. "Four on the far end. Crossbows at the ready. Be careful." Via moves up into the room to close the distance between her and the foes, though doesn't make it all the way.
    Spoiler: Tia/Via
    Show
    BoE3 reloads and shoots Via, and Tia's vision is shunted back to her POV in the back as Via is gone.

    R1T19: Dusha, what do you do?

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand.
    * Via:
    BoE3: 20. (9:9). Unloaded. 18 bolts.
    Dusha: 19.
    Aldo: 18. Twin Lt-MBs.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan.
    BoE1: 12. (9:9). Unload ed.
    Rufus: 11. Rapier.
    Meijen: 8.
    BoE2: 7. (9:9). Unloaded.
    BoE4: 6. (9:9). Unloaded.
    Radigan: 4.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R1T19: Dusha darts forwards into the room, only to dive to the right and into a loose pile of crates as soon as she enters. Crouched among them, taking cover, she opens her mouth wide - too wide. Her cheeks stretch, her jaw almost looks to be unhinging, and she lets out a strangled hissing sound barely audible to all but the northernmost tiefling. For him, he can now hear nothing else.

    R1T18: Aldo, what do you do? It is normal light in the eastern side of the temple, and dim light to the west of the black line (which you see once you go in). You have twin Lt-blades manifested. It takes 10' of movement to move to the 1st square just inside the door.

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand.
    * Via:
    BoE3: 20. (9:9). Unloaded. 18 bolts.
    Dusha: 19.
    Aldo: 18. Twin Lt-MBs.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan.
    BoE1: 12. (7:9). Unloaded.
    Rufus: 11. Rapier.
    Meijen: 8.
    BoE2: 7. (9:9). Unloaded.
    BoE4: 6. (9:9). Unloaded.
    Radigan: 4.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R1T18: Aldo rushes in and gets under a table before throwing one of his mind blades at the only really good target he has, scoring the man's left ankle for a crit of 4. He gives out a cry of pain.

    R1T17: Kavina, what do you do? It would take you 15' of movement to get to the first square just inside the door. See previous comments regarding lighting.

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand.
    * Via:
    BoE3: 20. (9:9). Unloaded. 18 bolts.
    Dusha: 19.
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan.
    BoE1: 12. (7:9). Unloaded.
    Rufus: 11. Rapier.
    Meijen: 8.
    BoE2: 7. (9:9). Unloaded.
    BoE4: 6. (5:9). Unloaded.
    Radigan: 4.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-05-20 at 02:03 AM.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R1T17: Kavina will say in a loud voice ”Shadow Clone Jitsu!” before shadowy duplicates form around her making it difficult to pin-point her location. She then dashes into the room and darts left to hide behind the table.
    Spoiler: Table + Cover
    Show
    You get cover for the table. If you want any more than that, you have to go prone.

    R1T12: BoE1 reloads and shoots at Erasmus, missing.

    R1T11: Rufus, what do you do? It will take you 10' worth of movement to get to the first square inside the door of the temple.

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand.
    * Via:
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9). Unloaded. 18 bolts.
    Dusha: 19.
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (7:9). Unloaded.
    Rufus: 11. Rapier.
    Meijen: 8.
    BoE2 (f): 7. (9:9). Unloaded.
    BoE4 (m): 6. (5:9). Unloaded.
    Radigan: 4.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R1T11: Rufus darts into the room while drawing a dagger in his free hand. He runs over the barrels to the north (presumably?) and throws the dagger at the northernmost tiefling (BoE1), with a tracer-like effect of flame as it cuts the darkness to hit the tiefling man in his left knee for 8 + 3 fire, dropping him as he gives a piercing cry and his crossbow clatters to the floor. After the dagger has left his hand, Rufus switches his foot placement and presents a slim profile.

    R1T8: Meijen moves all the way in, getting into the grill of the two female tieflings (BoE2 & 3) to make a firefight harder as he threatens him with his large, curved sword.

    R1T7-6: BoE2 drops her crossbow and tries to get around Meijen. She makes a valiant effort, but Meijen catches her when she is wide open, slashing her from front to back with a crit for 22, killing her instantly. BoE4 goes the long way around the table, dropping his crossbow on it while taking out a light mace and attacking a dodging elf.

    R1T4: Dusha, Radigan finally has its wits about it, going into delay. I won't note his delay status, but it will be up to you to order him to do something.

    End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

    R2T26:
    Janiven moves into the center of the room and shoots BoE4 in the back of his upper arm for 12, piercing though his brachial artery and into his intercostal muscles, dropping him.

    R2T23: Erasmus, saying nothing, simply points to BoE3, the last tiefling standing. He points to her, and as he does so, the sunrod at his feet that gives him a "footlight" makes it seem as if his skin becomes translucent. BoE3 suddenly looks dumbfounded, as if she doesn't quite know where she is.

    R2T21: Tia, it is getting hard to see with all of the activity in there. What do you do?

    BoE3 on deck, Dusha in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand.
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9). Unloaded. 18 bolts. DAZED til R3T23!!!
    Dusha: 19.
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-4:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R2T21: Tia summons up Via again and sends her back into the room, stopping her behind Erasmus, to survey for an opening to get in and get a strike in. She then moves right up to the door, giving her a place to peek in from there while continuing to watch the rear, while setting herself up in her preferred combat stance.

    R2T19: Dusha, you thought you saw an opening and a way to bring BoE4 down easily ... but then he drops. What do you do?

    Aldo on deck (too many chairs and table legs to effectively throw at BoE3 from this vantage), Kavina in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9). Unloaded. 18 bolts. DAZED til R3T23!!!
    Dusha: 19.
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-4:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R2T19: Rather than try and take down the last of the Bastards, Dusha instead makes a break for the stairs in order to hopefully tie them up if they try to flee.

    R2T18: Aldo, it is difficult movement when moving underneath the table. You have one Lt mindblade in hand. From your position, there are enough chair and table legs in your way to screen the one bastard remaining. What do you do?

    Kavina on deck, Flycatcher in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9). Unloaded. 18 bolts. DAZED til R3T23!!!
    Dusha: 19.
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-4:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R2T18: Aldo rushes forward, but finds it is harder to move easily under the table. He manifests a power on his mindblade; hopefully, it would take the tiefling down without being lethal. Getting in-between the tables, he sees the legs between the mass of table legs and chair legs (which would've been improved cover), so he insteads pops his head outside of the confines of the table to throw his mindblade, which manages to catch the tiefling in the leg for 9 NL, staggering her.

    R2T17: Kavina, what do you do?

    Flycatcher on deck, Meijen in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9, 9 NL). Unloaded. 18 bolts. DAZED til R3T23!!! STAGGERED!!!
    Dusha: 19.
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-4:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R2T17: Putting on a burst of speed, Kavina moves left and then goes to sprint along the southernmost wall, only to find that the line of chairs against the wall make movement more difficult than expected. She ends up threatening the staggered tiefling, but unable to attack.

    R2T11: The Flycatcher hurries over to the still standing Bastard. He swings his rapier pommel in an effort to bring them down alive, hitting her for 12 NL, which is enough to knock her out.

    R2T8: Meijen, delaying, calls out, "Erasmus, there are stairs over here. We need that light."

    End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

    R3T26:
    Janiven moves to the top of the stairs. "Yeah, I can't see anything because of the darkness. Soon as we get that light, head down."

    R3T23: Erasmus picks up the sunrod and moves into the wall of darkness. For everyone who does not have darkvision, the sunrod instantly goes from a nice full light to being a wan, distant glow in very dim light, not even acting as a proper spotter if Erasmus were targeted.

    R3T21: Tia, what do you do? What do you do with Via?

    Dusha on deck, Aldo in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26. READIED to shoot an enemy that appears.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    * Via.
    Dusha: 19.
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-5:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD/ UNCONSCIOUS
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9, 21 NL). Unloaded. 18 bolts. DAZED til R3T23!!! UNCONSCIOUS!!!
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. STABLE!!!
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R3T21: Via will head toward Janiven, and Tia enters the room afterwards, now that she can see the enemies are basically taken care of.

    R3T19: Dusha, what do you do?

    Aldo on deck, Kavina in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26. READIED to shoot an enemy that appears.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    * Via.
    Dusha: 19.
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-5:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD/ UNCONSCIOUS
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9, 21 NL). Unloaded. 18 bolts. DAZED til R3T23!!! UNCONSCIOUS!!!
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. STABLE!!!
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R3T19: Staring down where she knew the stairs to be, Dusha "whispers a few soft nothings" in a language spoken by few still-living:

    S̶̨̟͋̕ḛ̶̯̭̯͋̕r̶̨̤̊̀̄v̴̡̺͕̽̏i̸̹̓͋͌̏ ̸͇͙̺̒̃̌̇D̸̛͇̲͋̈́͜e̷̘͍͖͌͆͝i̶̡̅͐̊ͅ ̵̮̎̓̒̋r̷̛̦̃̌̚è̸͔͍̫v̴̙̀́e̴͓͍͕͆̔͌͒l̴͉͒̓͠a̸͍͐̇r̵̩͌̇̋ ̜̘e̵̲͓̟͒͆͒̅ ̵̯͍̠͊̕e̸̡̬̦͋t̴̀̔͜ ̴̮̫͗r̸̛̼̼̤̈́͘͝è̷͔͕̳͒̑̚͜ṭ̸̲̹̯̊ė̵̟͉͚̥͋̍g̵̨̤͇͇̈́͂̏͠i ̶̝̤͕͑͆͠͝t̴̮̘͂͘ ̵̛͎̠̞̎́S̴̖̝̀́̓͘t̸̻̗̘̻̉͘ŷ̵͓̘̟͑g̷̢͔̾a̷̲̲̅!̸̢̢̯̉ ̥



    As that arcane proclamation echoes off of the wood, her eyes remind one of pits of burning coal as she stares down towards the next level. Only Meijen realizes what she cast, though the glowing eyes tends to suggest some sort of divination.

    R3T18: Aldo, what do you do?

    Kavina on deck, Flycatcher in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26. READIED to shoot an enemy that appears.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    * Via.
    Dusha: 19. Concentrating on detect fiendish presence.
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-5:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD/ UNCONSCIOUS
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9, 21 NL). Unloaded. 18 bolts. DAZED til R3T23!!! UNCONSCIOUS!!!
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. STABLE!!!
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R3T18: Aldo slinks in between the Flycatcher and Kavina. He could in theory make his way to the stairs, but he'd be as good as blind down there; best wait until they could head down en mass.
    Spoiler: Dusha, Erasmus, Kavina, Meijen
    Show
    You have lost track of Aldo.
    Spoiler: Janiven, Flycatcher, Tia/ Via
    Show
    Janiven just barely makes out....and the two PCs easily notice with darkvision ... Aldo creeping in between Flycatcher and Kavina right now.

    R3T17: Kavina, what do you do?

    Flycatcher on deck, Meijen in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26. READIED to shoot an enemy that appears.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    * Via.
    Dusha: 19. Concentrating on detect fiendish presence.
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-5:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD/ UNCONSCIOUS
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9, 21 NL). Unloaded. 18 bolts. DAZED til R3T23!!! UNCONSCIOUS!!!
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. STABLE!!!
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R3T17: Kavina casts a spell and her fan glows with the light of a torch. Or it would if it were not for the magical darkness that surrounds them. But her casting of a simple light spell has absolutely no effect, unlike the sunrod in Erasmus' hand, which at least allows for dim light in the area. She stays put, waiting for the frontal assault team to move down the stairs.

    R3T11: Flycatcher what do you do?

    Meijen on deck, Janiven in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26. READIED to shoot an enemy that appears.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    * Via.
    Dusha: 19. Concentrating on detect fiendish presence.
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-6:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD/ UNCONSCIOUS
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9, 21 NL). Unloaded. 18 bolts. DAZED til R3T23!!! UNCONSCIOUS!!!
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. STABLE!!!
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R3T11: The Flycatcher makes a mental note to get his dagger back when there's time. "I can go first. Shadows aren't enough to hide a villain from me."

    Flycatcher goes down the stairs, which incidentally sits outside of the magical darkness, and yet also contains the light of the sunrod, so that it is actually dark down here. Luckily, Flycatcher is unperturbed by the darkness. At the bottom of the stairs, the hallway turns left and ends in a simple wooden door. A short message has been artfully carved on the door, but someone seems to have marred the message with slashes from a sharp instrument.

    R3T8: Meijen then follows down directly behind Flycatcher.

    End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

    R4T26: Janiven will delay her position here. "I will make sure that up here remains clear," she says. "Tia, Via is just going to take up space."

    R4T23: Erasmus, holding the sunrod, heads down the stairs, and in doing so brings normal light to those below.

    R4T21: Tia/ Via, what do you do?

    Dusha on deck, Aldo in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26. READIED to shoot an enemy that appears.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    * Via.
    Dusha: 19. Concentrating on detect fiendish presence.
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-6:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD/ UNCONSCIOUS
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9, 21 NL). Unloaded. 18 bolts. DAZED til R3T23!!! UNCONSCIOUS!!!
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. STABLE!!!
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R4T21: Tia will recall Via and head up to Janiven, starting down the stairs herself.

    R4T19: Dusha, you have spent one round "reading" down the stairs with detect fiendish presence, which you are currently concentrating on. What do you do?

    Aldo on deck, Kavina in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26. READIED to shoot an enemy that appears.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    * Via.
    Dusha: 19. Concentrating on detect fiendish presence.
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-6:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD/ UNCONSCIOUS
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9, 21 NL). Unloaded. 18 bolts. DAZED til R3T23!!! UNCONSCIOUS!!!
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. STABLE!!!
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R4T19: Dusha drops her concentration, shaking her head to clear the lingering effects of the spell. "Well, no devils," she murmurs to herself. She doesn't start moving, though; until the Masked Pretension - "Shadows aren't enough to hide a villain from me", what was this, a copper-book? - or one of the other front-liners gives the all-clear she'll stay where she won't be in the way.

    R4T18: Aldo, what do you do?

    Kavina on deck, Flycatcher in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26. READIED to shoot an enemy that appears.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    * Via.
    Dusha: 19. DELAYING!!!
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand.
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-6:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD/ UNCONSCIOUS
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9, 21 NL). Unloaded. 18 bolts. DAZED til R3T23!!! UNCONSCIOUS!!!
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. STABLE!!!
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R4T18: Aldo brushes past Dusha and Janiven (alerting them to his position and then creeps down the stairs. As soon as he creeps below the plane of the main temple floor, he finds himself fully illuminated - and automatically spotted - by Erasmus and Meijen. The passage continues to the left below, so he can't see Flycatcher right now.

    R4T17: Kavina, what do you do?

    Flycatcher on deck, Meijen in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26. READIED to shoot an enemy that appears.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    * Via.
    Dusha: 19. DELAYING!!!
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand. Stealth?
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-6:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD/ UNCONSCIOUS
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9, 21 NL). Unloaded. 18 bolts. DAZED til R3T23!!! UNCONSCIOUS!!!
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. STABLE!!!
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R4T17: Kavina moves up to Dusha, but the line on the stairs keeps her from moving any farther.

    R4T11: Flycatcher, what do you do?

    Meijen on deck, Janiven in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Janiven: 26. READIED to shoot an enemy that appears.
    Erasmus: 23. Shield of faith til R31T23.
    Tia: 21. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    * Via.
    Dusha: 19. DELAYING!!!
    Aldo: 18. One Lt-MB in hand. Stealth?
    Kavina: 17. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE1 (m): 12. (-6:9). Unloaded. DYING!!!
    Flycatcher: 11. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Meijen: 8.
    Radigan: 4. DELAYING!!!

    DEAD/ UNCONSCIOUS
    BoE3 (f): 20. (9:9, 21 NL). Unloaded. 18 bolts. UNCONSCIOUS!!!
    BoE4 (m): 6. (-7:9). Unloaded. STABLE!!!
    BoE2. Scabby.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R4T11: The Flycatcher reaches for the door knob and tries it as quietly as he can. As it is unlocked, he cracks it open wide enough to see past and takes a peek. He sees a chamber beyond, but as he didn't commit to actually opening the door, he gets no detail. What he does get for his trouble in being stealthy is the light from Erasmus' sunrod reflecting off walls and pouring in.

    R4T8: Meijen, a bit annoyed at what was a poorly, overly cautious desire for stealth when it wasn't possible, brushes past Flycatcher and goes into the room beyond. He calls out, "Door straight ahead, but this antechamber goes left to the north, into the darkness. Echoes imply some size."

    Surprise Round ...

    S21: The sound of a spell being chanted echoes off the walls from beyond the door.

    S20-9: Three quarrels fly towards Meijen. One is deflected by his chain shirt, but the other two hit him - one skipping by his left thigh for 2, the other grazing his left shoulder for 3.

    Begin Round One ...

    R1T22:
    Radigan instantly senses danger is goes into delay....

    R1T21: There is more chanting from beyond. Flycatcher sees Meijen get hit with an arcane bolt for 2 force.

    R1T20: Aldo, sounds of spellcasting and battle (and you heard Meijen's shout). What do you do?

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Radigan: 22.
    Ostengo: 21.
    Aldo: 20. One Lt-MB in hand.
    BoE5 (m): 19. (9:9).
    Janiven: 18.
    Erasmus: 16. Shield of faith til R26T23.
    BoE7 (m): 15. (9:9).
    Meijen: 14.
    Flycatcher: 13. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Tia: 12. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    Kavina: 10. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE6 (m): 9. (9:9).
    Dusha: 4.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-06-03 at 10:20 PM.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

  30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground
     
    lostsole31's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Lansdale PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Council of Thieves [Battle Book]

    R1T20: Aldo reignites the mindblade in his off-hand and moves closer to the action, doing what he can to remain hidden. Aldo has to pass Tia and Erasmus, forcing him to really forgo stealth, and Flycatcher keeps him from going a little bit farther.

    R1T19: A quarrel flies out to crit Meijen in his left elbow for 8.

    R1T18: Upstairs, Janiven passes Dusha to let her get by.

    R1T16: Erasmus moves in and takes a juke into an inoffensive corner. From his mouth issues a woman's voice - stern, yet compassionate - as a spell is incanted to provide succor to Meijen's wounds for 9 healing. Of course, he takes the light in there with him. "Darkness at the threshold to the north!" he calls in warning in his normal voice.

    R1T15: The click of a crossbow and Meijen is shot in the neck for 7.

    R1T14: Meijen steps aside to the opposite alcove by a door, takes out a potion and downs it for 4. "I know not what to do when the coward hides in darkness and shoots with impunity!" he calls out. "We need a spotter with darkvision in there, calling out positions."

    R1T13: Flycatcher, you are currently in the scarlet einhander stance with a rapier in your hand. What do you do?

    Tia on deck, Kavina in the hole ...

    Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show

    Radigan: 22.
    Ostengo: 21.
    Aldo: 20. One Lt-MB in hand.
    BoE5 (m): 19. (9:9). (8:9 bolts).
    Janiven: 18.
    Erasmus: 16. Shield of faith til R26T23.
    BoE7 (m): 15. (9:9).
    Meijen: 14.
    Flycatcher: 13. Rapier. Scarlet Einhander stance (+2 shield bonus, +1d6 dmg).
    Tia: 12. Scythe in hand. Aura of misfortune (opps w/in 35' take -2 to saves)!!!
    Kavina: 10. Fighting fan. Shadow clones (mirror image): 4 images + self.
    BoE6 (m): 9. (9:9).
    Dusha: 4.
    8/1/2021: Completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Monster Class: Savage Races (2016, Swank). This source is authorized for playtest.
    5/30/2021: Completed reading Paizo's Bestiary 4 (Bulmahn, 2013)!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •