Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Monster Boon Campaign death world(IC)

Shogg will conjure another 20 arrows--made entirely of achemical silver, shaft and all--and casually toss them forward, again just past the monsters if he can...but he puts little effort into it. Rather, he'll attempt to shoot down the other two Rust MOnsters he's already hit.
    Spoiler: Actions!
    Show

Free: Conjure Arrows
    Move: Toss Alchemical Silver arrows

(1d20+11)[13] (1d10+6)[11]
    (1d20+11)[16] (1d10+6)[15]
    GreedLing avatar by Ceika
    DM of Rokugan in the Shadows
    Shogg | Death world
    Peren | Rumspringa | OOC

more

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Shogg kills 1 more rust monster, the one he misses eats his missed arrow. The rest are resisting the tasty bait, as they will bide their time until the archer leaves.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Shogg will shoot the other living rust monster, slaying it mercilessly.

Spoiler: attacks!
    Show

(1d20+11)[19] (1d10+6)[10]
    (1d20+11)[25] (1d10+6)[11]

Shogg reflects on how fast the monsters moved: a bit faster than he. Why had he worn his breastplate? How could have he been so careless? It did not matter. He had no need to rest, so he could bide his time, patiently waiting until the monsters dared come out to sample the arrows.

Every hour, he tossed more offerings to the ground, conjured of full metals: Aluminum, Cobalt, nickel, copper, platinum, chromium, vanadium, Adamantine, Mithril... If, after eight hours, the creatures hadn't emerged from their caves, then Shogg will begin to experiment with fundamentally unstable metals: Francium, cesium, barium, radium...
    Shogg | Death world
    Peren | Rumspringa | OOC

more

4. - Top - End - #64

Lizardfolk

Shogg kills 2 more rust monsters, after his 8 hours of throwing arrows on the ground he notices that the rust monster perimeter is rotating in and out of the cave. With freshly rested rust monsters filling in the ranks for their tired and hungry brethren.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Shogg will wait another 2 hours and a few minutes, mercilessly shooting at anything that pokes even an antenna into a space he could hit. Then, he will descend. He'll take an ear from each of the humans, if he has time, and then leave.
    Shogg | Death world
    Peren | Rumspringa | OOC

more

6. - Top - End - #66

Lizardfolk

Killing 20 rust monsters as he cuts off the ears of his turncoat minions he proceeds down the mountain.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Shogg puts the ears into a bag and meanwhile does his best to recall what the "Lake-Water" meant. Of course! Just north of the town was a lake with many trees and decent cover. He'll head towards the town, and then cut north once he can see its outskirts.

He hustles himself, willing to push his journey just in case he'd been pursued by other Rust Monsters. The lake has a vast expanse, and he'll keep an eye out for any decent tree, and use it as a perch. Then he'll wait for Jezzail.
    Shogg | Death world
    Peren | Rumspringa | OOC

more

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Walking around the lake for what must have been the 4th or 5th time, Jezzail mumbles to himself as he attempts to restore the flow to a broken valve:
    "Should be repaired, still malfunction, power is wrong, maybe silver, crystals?"
    So preoccupied with his thoughts that he doesn't notice Shogg as he walks by the tree in which he is perched.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Shogg conjures two arrows, one made of hardened blood, and one a Masterwork arrow with a design reminiscent of swirling faces of the damned, and shoots them into the shallow river-bed just beyond Jezzail's running path. The arrows should point to his general direction in his tree-perch; once approached, the demon will casually drawl,

Five times you have passed this tree, and still you have not spotted me? I thought I had bad eyesight, but perhaps the stress is getting to you, hmm? He doesn't feel like descending quite yet, so he asks, You haven't been pursued by any of the rust-monsters have you?
    Shogg | Death world
    Peren | Rumspringa | OOC

more

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Jezzail raises his hands and green glow starts collecting in his palms as he quickly looks around for any enemies before focusing on Shogg and quickly walking over to his companion:
    "I have been aware of you since you arrived, I was thinking and I assumed you were content to ... whatever it is you do up in the trees. Disappointing that the humans failed to take precautions before succumbing to technologtic ingenuity Any insights into the rusties you have gleaned?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

They are simple creatures. If we clear them from their home, perhaps they will yield precious metals? Shogg hops down, with a glint in his eyes. We could find something valuable. But I don't know what I was thinking wearing a Breastplate. How foolish of me! C'mon, let's go put away my armor. He starts walking away and asks, "Where do you think we should stow the valuables? It's not like we could trust the humans right?"
    Shogg | Death world
    Peren | Rumspringa | OOC

more

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Jezzail simply holds up his right hand and removes the glove, revealing a twisted mixture of metal, leather, and green shards of glass.
    "Rusties may be worst matchup, much of body with metal parts, breastplate vital to longterm survival, can shoot thousand feet with little problem. Humans useless, mistake to include, maybe try to lure out queen by causing enough problems?" Not waiting long for an answer, Jezzail continues: "Remember friend, the two of us can buy 20 shoes, but we can wear but one."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Shogg nods. "This might be a better for me to start alone, and have your help when their numbers dwindle."

He'll decide then and there to find something else, another task for them to also work on, one more suitable for Jezzail.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Survival, per hour (1d20+2)[13]
    (1d20+2)[16]
    (1d20+2)[5]
    Shogg | Death world
    Peren | Rumspringa | OOC

more

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"On the bright side, my device worked perfectly so I consider this a total success. Maybe we can burn down the inn that so failed us?" Jezzail replies with a shrug.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Shogg nods his head slowly. "First we must kill the town guards, and perhaps you need to bomb the militia outpost. We can then proceed to slaughter the whole town that has failed us."
    Shogg | Death world
    Peren | Rumspringa | OOC

more

16. - Top - End - #76

Lizardfolk

The only task Shogg can think for Jezzail to do is examine the sculptures and see if they can coat themselves with enough of it to ward off the rust monsters.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Shogg weighs his options. How about we torch the town before we return to the caves?
    Shogg | Death world
    Peren | Rumspringa | OOC

more

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Thinking for a few seconds, Jezzail shakes his head: "I can dig through the foundations of the buildings if we can get it mapped out. Ruin the important structures, sink their ships maybe, maybe while you set the fires?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Shogg nods. "I could do a quick tour of the town, and you can get started. What should I look for in the houses? I've never engineered one's collapse from below."

He begins composing his story in his head to the townsfolk: I met with the men early in the day, and led them to a cave we could mine, but knew we'd have to clear out a few monsters. We were overwhelmed by their numbers. They were so numerous, like ants, we tried to escape, and then, near the statues, horrible clouds of gas formed. I managed to escape--barely keeping my arm--and I'm here to say I'm so sorry their lives were lost. Is there anything I could do?

He could maybe cut out the lies, but he'd have to word it carefully. Very carefully.
    Shogg | Death world
    Peren | Rumspringa | OOC

more