Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    • Frisbee rework
    Wait, what was the frisbee rework?

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    I'm assuming my good old Ash frame is probably still reasonably functional, maybe with some cards to move around.
    Oh wow, you're a super old school player.

Abilities aren't on cards (now called mods) anymore; they're unlocked and improved as you level up your Warframe, hitting level 3 in all 4 abilities by the time your Warframe is level 30.

Every time you level up a new bit of kit (warframe, weapon, companion, vehicle, etc) you get Mastery points; when you hit certain milestones, your Mastery Rank (MR) goes up. Everything is now MR-locked to provide a sort of progression as you play, so to use bigger and shinier weapons, you need to raise your MR.

Ash himself has been relegated to a bit of a niche - he's still viable (he'll happily get you around the Star chart), but there are other Warframes who does what he does and better.

Speaking of the Star chart, that got re-worked in 2016, so there's now a clear sense of direction of what you need to aim for as you journey around the solar system - if in doubt of where to go next, aim for the Junctions (interplanetary jump gates) and see what requirements they need to unlock them to face the miniboss guarding them.

Don't spend too much time on the open world sections (Plains of Eidolon, Orb Vallis, Cambion Drift) as they're intended for slightly higher level players; you can always come back later.

There's been a lot of changes since you've last played, so just ask, or use the Wiki if you get stuck. If you want some in-game advice, you can always try asking someone - our ingame names are in the first post of the thread.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2020-12-25 at 04:38 AM.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Wait, what was the frisbee rework?
    Thrown melee weapons/Glaives didn't used to be a thing. They were added a little bit after the gunblades and were pretty janky, then got fixed
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Thrown melee weapons/Glaives didn't used to be a thing. They were added a little bit after the gunblades and were pretty janky, then got fixed
    And then they became a 'learn how to use thing' if you wanted to get protea and the associated weapons without spending plat.

A little 'additional' about the Necramechs was added, as I expected. They expanded the lore so that the Orokin retired the Necramechs because the mechs weren't smart enough to fight the Sentients, despite the fact that Orphix disabling pulses don't affect the Necramechs. And 'someone' taught them how to pulse disable warframes.

Which begs the question from the Scarlet Spear. That happened after Lotus got pulled by Erra. Knowing the warframes were active, but without necramechs, why not deploy the orphix then to keep the Spear from being halted by the warframes? They ultimately lost, and so many resources were wasted in the push.

It'd be like having an infantry rush against tanks, and no anti-tank weaponry, only antipersonnel.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    A little 'additional' about the Necramechs was added, as I expected. They expanded the lore so that the Orokin retired the Necramechs because the mechs weren't smart enough to fight the Sentients, despite the fact that Orphix disabling pulses don't affect the Necramechs. And 'someone' taught them how to pulse disable warframes.

Which begs the question from the Scarlet Spear. That happened after Lotus got pulled by Erra. Knowing the warframes were active, but without necramechs, why not deploy the orphix then to keep the Spear from being halted by the warframes? They ultimately lost, and so many resources were wasted in the push.

It'd be like having an infantry rush against tanks, and no anti-tank weaponry, only antipersonnel.
    I think the implication is that someone taught the orphix how to disable Warframes recently, ie during the New War, not the Old War.

The information may not have been disseminated enough for mass production in time for Scarlet Spear (Void shenanigans being anathema to the Sentients and all).

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Especially since the ability for Operators to pilot Necramechs is in and of itself a recent development: your run in Snake during the Heart of Deimos quest is implied to be the first time such a thing was ever attempted.

Before that, the Necramechs were sent in and they followed their basic programming like the ones in the Isolation Vaults, but as a result they couldn't adapt to changing situations, just keep shooting/swinging until the enemy's dead or the Necramech is.

Even if the Sentients were expecting the Necramechs, they couldn't have anticipated their brawn being combined with Tenno brains.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

So I heard this idle line from Father recently:

"One day you're a Railjack gunner, riding high and proud. The next you're a broken man on a Xenorhast bier, telling war stories to Tenno who politely pretend to listen."

I'm wondering if it's somewhat influenced by the folk song, Barrett's Privateers, where there's a pair of lines in the chorus:

Now I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier
    The last of Barrett's Privateers

I know the song is popular in Canada, so I wouldn't be surprised if DE snuck in a reference somewhere.

Hmmm, for a game where you can sail a ship attacking enemy convoys, there's been a distinct lack of pirate memes. I wonder if that's one of their blue sky goals - open world railjack where you can patrol regions, attacking bases and convoys as you see fit.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2021-01-01 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Fixed formatting

7. - Top - End - #577
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So I heard this idle line from Father recently:

"One day you're a Railjack gunner, riding high and proud. The next you're a broken man on a Xenorhast bier, telling war stories to Tenno who politely pretend to listen."

I'm wondering if it's somewhat influenced by the folk song, Barrett's Privateers, where there's a pair of lines in the chorus:

Now I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier
    The last of Barrett's Privateers

I know the song is popular in Canada, so I wouldn't be surprised if DE snuck in a reference somewhere.

Hmmm, for a game where you can sail a ship attacking enemy convoys, there's been a distinct lack of pirate memes. I wonder if that's one of their blue sky goals - open world railjack where you can patrol regions, attacking bases and convoys as you see fit.
    I haven't heard any Stan Rogers songs for a while. I feel like whenever I'm in one of the giant open world areas Northwest Passage is probably more appropriate to my skill level and play style. If I ever get to control a ship the likely theme would be the wreck of the edmund fitzgerald.

I'm MR21, you'd think I'd be fairly decent, but I did just came back to the game and I think the cap was MR23 when I stopped playing. What is the current cap for people without excal prime and those related exclusive primes these days?
    Long-form Sig

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

Eventually I'm gonna need to figure out how to get Grendel. I've been gathering the mission locators, but actually doing the missions sounds... exhausting. Does anyone else need to do them that I can team up with?

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Avenger View Post
    I'm MR21, you'd think I'd be fairly decent, but I did just came back to the game and I think the cap was MR23 when I stopped playing. What is the current cap for people without excal prime and those related exclusive primes these days?
    Mastery Rank 30 is now achievable. We're not quite sure what'll happen from here.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

People will jump at joining a Grendel group if someone else has done the work of getting the keys, so filling a group with competent people isn't hard. The missions themselves are a unique challenge, because having almost all mods disabled is an even bigger limitation than you'd think... My first attempt at one of those missions was a disaster, since my plan was to keep myself alive with the Hirudo's lifesteal, and I didn't realize melee weapons would lose their stance mods. Ow.

The thing that saved me? Syndicate weapons. My old Vaykor Hek occasionally blowing up the whole room and healing me was just about the only reason I survived that.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Eventually I'm gonna need to figure out how to get Grendel. I've been gathering the mission locators, but actually doing the missions sounds... exhausting. Does anyone else need to do them that I can team up with?
    Further to Neovid's comments, Augments also work, so use and abuse them where possible.

They are solo-able, but they're a pain in the arse (they're around 5-10 levels too high for a solo player in my opinion), so I'm more than happy to make things easier for other players.

When I did the Grendel missions, I used Limbo for the excavation (run from excavator to excavator to build up the cryotic slowly) and Ivara for the survival (I really miss the old Covert Lethality), but the defence I had trouble with. I eventually managed to get by with Mirage, Synoid Simulor and Hall of Malevolence, although I understand there's a bug with the Hall of Mirrors dopplegangers not working correctly at the moment.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Further to Neovid's comments, Augments also work, so use and abuse them where possible.

They are solo-able, but they're a pain in the arse (they're around 5-10 levels too high for a solo player in my opinion), so I'm more than happy to make things easier for other players.

When I did the Grendel missions, I used Limbo for the excavation (run from excavator to excavator to build up the cryotic slowly) and Ivara for the survival (I really miss the old Covert Lethality), but the defence I had trouble with. I eventually managed to get by with Mirage, Synoid Simulor and Hall of Malevolence, although I understand there's a bug with the Hall of Mirrors dopplegangers not working correctly at the moment.
    The dopplegangers are supercharged at the moment- They do the same base damage as Mirage's weapons (Unaffected by power strength), but have 2x the crit chance.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

Considering how Warframe bugs usually turn out, I have to wonder if the augment that buffs the dopples' damage now makes them deal negative numbers or something.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

13. - Top - End - #583
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I think the implication is that someone taught the orphix how to disable Warframes recently, ie during the New War, not the Old War.
    And that implication was that it was Natah, as she had knowledge of the warframes, the tenno and the weaknesses.

The information may not have been disseminated enough for mass production in time for Scarlet Spear (Void shenanigans being anathema to the Sentients and all).
    The attack would have been instigated by 'Erra' (implication is that it's not truly him) or Natah, and they'd have the knowledge of how many orphix would be capable of countering the warframes and tenno.

With nobody knowing when or where they'd arrive, it was wholly up to those two as to when to begin the invasion. Why not wait until the warframes could be neutralized, as the other factions were no threat.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2021-01-02 at 07:40 PM.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I'm actually leaning towards Ballas being the one who altered the Orphix to shutdown Warframes. He designed them after all, and as per the last cinematic cutscene released he doesn't seem to be quite as enslaved as previously thought. Also, Natah doesn't seem to be all there from what she says in the random transmissions in the event. There's also a hidden message in those transmissions saying

Spoiler
    Show
    that she's dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

15. - Top - End - #585
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'll be online for the next hour or two, anyone want to run anything? I'll probably be farming argon unless someone has other goals.

Edit: IGN - NuclearAstral
    Last edited by Astral Avenger; 2021-01-18 at 08:13 PM.
    Long-form Sig

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

GAH sometimes this game just makes me wanna tear my hair out when it comes to the RNG! I've had the WORST luck cracking relics recently. My only consolation is that I've got more Forma and Ducats thanks to it...Now I have to farm MORE of the relics I'm working on and the traces to refine them.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

17. - Top - End - #587
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I really need to farm up more forma. Between the mechs and the Kuva weapons (including exilus adaptors), my stock's down to a paltry 10. Used to be up at around 100 thanks to Plague Star, which didn't happen this year .
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."