New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

It's Double Affinity weekend!

And for completing today's Sortie, I opened an Affinity Booster!

I doubt that the two of these things stack, but I'm sure as hell not going to waste the opportunity to spend a couple of hours grinding my Archwing gear so that I'll never have to worry about it ever again!

....Seriously: Level 0 to 30 in just 4 runs of Salacia/Neptune. I just wish I had more stuff built and ready to go while I still can.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-03-28 at 12:27 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    It's Double Affinity weekend!

And for completing today's Sortie, I opened an Affinity Booster!

I doubt that the two of these things stack, but I'm sure as hell not going to waste the opportunity to spend a couple of hours grinding my Archwing gear so that I'll never have to worry about it ever again!

....Seriously: Level 0 to 30 in just 4 runs of Salacia/Neptune. I just wish I had more stuff built and ready to go while I still can.
    They do, in fact, stack. It's amazing when that happens.

Having got back into railjack, I'm wondering what the best intrinsic to get to 7 is once I have the essentials covered? I'm at 3-1-4-2 at the moment.
    Last edited by Squark; 2020-03-28 at 12:45 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Limbo and vauban are just plain cheating on Scarlet Spear missions.

Max duration and range Cataclysm / Bastille....

Well, things got interesting.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Having got back into railjack, I'm wondering what the best intrinsic to get to 7 is once I have the essentials covered? I'm at 3-1-4-2 at the moment.
    Personally I went for Engineering 7 as more efficient Forge manufacturing means more rewards at the end. If you like gunning though, definitely Gunnery 7 as the Tier 3 guns get very hot, very fast.

You really should get Tactical 4 for Recall Warp as soon as possible though. Although not so much an issue now, when Railjack first came out, you could get stuck in odd places and being able to teleport back was a godsend.

These days, it's great for getting back when the ship's in dire need of repelling boarders or repairs or you need to deal with crew ships fast (slingshot into them, destroy the reactor, recall back, fast travel to the slingshot and repeat).

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Limbo and vauban are just plain cheating on Scarlet Spear missions.

Max duration and range Cataclysm / Bastille....

Well, things got interesting.
    Tag in a Slowva and you're getting to the full 17 Condrix scans per ground missions with comparatively little problems, despite the near level 200 enemies near the end (did a 3 man clan run with a Limbo, Volt and Nova, with Limbo protecting us and the oplinks, Volt's shields to let us kill the Condrix quickly and Nova providing CC and a damage buff for everything else).
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2020-03-29 at 05:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Colossus in the Playground

I just went with Eidolon killing Chroma build, ignored everything and killed the Conunununu.

And yeah, agreed, my own path for Intrinsics was:
    - Rank 2 in everything
    - Rank 7 Engineering
    - Rank 4 Tactical
    - Rank 8 Gunnery
    - Rank 8 Tactical
    - Rank 8 Engineering
    - Rank 8 Piloting (all for the AW buffs - Gunnery is by far the best)

I was quite happy with that (tho piloting is largely a waste at start unless you're actually driving your own Railjack). Rank 4 Tactical is really key and AW Slingshot is quite good (rank 3 Gunnery opens, rank 4 makes it useful to take out Crewships, rank 7 gives you max range). Rank 7 engineering is needed before you should touch the Forges since it just e.g. doubles the number of Doma charges you do per craft (some people do use them for blasting crewships).
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2020-03-30 at 03:18 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #366

Griffon

Having Mastered 2 Prime Warframes, 2 normal Warframes, 2 Archwings, 5 Archguns, 2 Arch-Melee, 2 Rifles, 2 sidearms and 4 Zaws, I'm tagging out for a bit. It's been a busy weekend and I've barely even touched the Scarlet Spear stuff!

Pretty much the only things left for me to do in Warframe are levelling my Railjack, ranking up with the Quills, waiting for some Prime gear to get unvaulted and killing Profit-Taker. Time to relax and spend some time decorating my Dojo - I may even try saving up some cryotic and finally get the Knux research done, since I have time on my hands.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Okay, yeah, Railjack is a lot more fun with rank 3 & rank 4 tactical. I'm probably going to ignore engineering for now and just focus on gunnery (I got to 4-1-5-2 thanks to the x2 affinity weekend), since there's a lot of people who already have the engineering intrinsics to do the job for me, and as I move into Saturn, I'm starting to encounter turrets that overheat very, very quickly. Or people who haven't bothered to upgrade their sideguns at all. >.>

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

After taking a break for a few months, I'm getting back into the swing of things. I've been doing work on the Nightwave backlog I have. Used the affinity weekend to rank up all the unranked weapons and frames I had available to me. Acquired a Kuva Drakgoon. I see that I missed plaguestar, which is disappointing - I really need to get a plague kripath.

I've done some rounds of Scarlet Spear, but the rate you get points is really abysmal. Especially since I've never managed to get any bonus victory points from it, for whatever reason. It seems like you really have to get maxed out runs to acquire points, and even then you're going to be spending hours to get even one of the rewards.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

The scoring in Scarlet Spear is weird and complicated, as most of your points come from bonus points. If you score at least 1k score in one flotilla, you'll start getting bonus rewards when that flotilla completes, and the higher you got that score, the higher the bonus. You get another bonus if that flotilla completes all 100 in that wave. So if you want to speed up rewards, getting 5k score in two different flotillas that reach the max 100/100 will give you a bonus of 20k credits, and that's not counting what you earned from mission completion.

I've been making certain to reach a good score in at least one flotilla each day, and the credits have been coming in reliably enough that I'm close to buying the second event weapon.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

10. - Top - End - #370

Griffon

This seems to match by experience, too: Join a flotilla at 80%+ complete, do one good run, then leave the flotilla and repeat with a different one.

I can't say for sure that this is THE most efficient way to earn, but bonus points seem so incredibly important overall that there's little reason to committing to seeing one Wave finished, compared to getting less involved in several of them.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    The scoring in Scarlet Spear is weird and complicated...
    It is very weird. The kill codes seem to stack up, so if you have more ground teams than RJ teams, the RJ teams will never have to wait for kill codes.

I've jumped from a ground team to a RJ team and on the third Murex I was clearing, I started receiving my own kill codes.

12. - Top - End - #372

Griffon

Hotfix for Scarlet Spear has been announced.

Firstly, there's a blanket +5 increase to all points earned per upload/Murax, which is almost double in some cases. That's pretty nice for me, I don't particularly enjoy the event but I'd like to get a few of the rewards for it so this makes my life a little easier.

Secondly, since the scores are lower than expected, the event is getting an extra week and won't finish now until April 28th.

And lastly, something I noticed earlier in the thread that DE have noticed too - Limbo trivialises the event, so now they're changing Sentients' Adaptation ability to work against Stasis, giving it diminishing returns if its used repeatedly.
    That seems fair to me; it's ONLY affecting Sentients and Amalgams, and ONLY if you spam it at them over and over without using Operator Mode to clear their resistance. Given how many Limbos I've seen in action lately and how its been discussed, we kind of brought this on ourselves.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

Glad to see the points are increasing. Even with a better grasp of how it works, it takes serious time to get them.

Interesting to see them acting against Limbo - I wish the design of ground assault could be changed so that you wouldn't need some kind of wall or barrier frame to succeed at it though.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

I actually just finished leveling up my regular Limbo and now am working on getting enough creds to make my Limbo Prime, which I got the stuff for JUST IN TIME!

I'm also FINALLY at Uranus and am working through the Natah quest! Is it just me or are there some mission types that people just AVOID if they're not necessary, like Defection and Interception missions? I've got ONE node left to completely unlock Saturn, but it's a Dark Sector Defection mission, which makes me scared to handle it alone, but there never seems to be anyone doing that group I can join in Public.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-04-02 at 11:55 AM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Interesting to see them acting against Limbo - I wish the design of ground assault could be changed so that you wouldn't need some kind of wall or barrier frame to succeed at it though.
    I've actually found that Titania's Lantern works okay. She can't turn most of the sentients into the lantern, but they'll still be taunted by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    I'm also FINALLY at Uranus and am working through the Natah quest! Is it just me or are there some mission types that people just AVOID if they're not necessary, like Defection and Interception missions? I've got ONE node left to completely unlock Saturn, but it's a Dark Sector Defection mission, which makes me scared to handle it alone, but there never seems to be anyone doing that group I can join in Public.
    Yep, there's quite a few missions that only get run when they absolutely have to be.

If it's the particular node I'm thinking of, it actually has some exclusive mods in its reward pool if I recall. It's not too hard if you bring some sort of CC ability and just extract at the first opportunity, even more so if you bring a healer.
    Last edited by Tome; 2020-04-02 at 12:01 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

16. - Top - End - #376

Maybe time to actually try the event. Although i think the points rewards should be equal since one side needs the other to succeed and it should be a more equal choice or at least not penalize those without rail-jack or the desire to do railjack
    Last edited by Leon; 2020-04-02 at 10:50 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

I find the space missions to be both easier and much faster than the ground missions, even if you don't have any Railjack skills. Just join someone who has a good RJ built and all you really need is a frame+weapon loadout that's good at defending an objective from Sentients. That will also give you ranks of Railjack intrinsic skills as a bonus.

Also, Arcane Energize was just added to the event vendor, so Scarlet Spear is suddenly much, much more valuable to farm.
    =====

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Just join someone who has a good RJ built and all you really need is a frame+weapon loadout that's good at defending an objective from Sentients..
    Yeah, they just need to dodge the boarding ships and find a nice place to park the RJ...

And, as a bonus, you don't need to listen to Sargas' inability to read the situation: "Tenno and Sentients working together?"

Or Little Ducks' "Cue the grineer clown car..."

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

I find the space missions to be both easier and much faster than the ground missions, even if you don't have any Railjack skills. Just join someone who has a good RJ built and all you really need is a frame+weapon loadout that's good at defending an objective from Sentients.
    That said, if there aren't enough ground teams, the space teams are going to be sitting there, twiddling their thumbs a lot.

With a good team, I can manage a full 17 condrix clear in about half an hour, for a total of 51 kill codes, or ~1.7 kill codes a minute.

A space team will burn through 9 kill codes per murex, so if there was a 1:1 ratio of ground to space, a murex would take ~5.3 minutes. If there were significantly more space teams than ground, then it would take even longer, since a ground team's kill codes get given to the next space team waiting for one, not a specific space team (ended up in one flotilla where the imbalance was 10 space : 5 ground, and it took more than 10 minutes to clear a single murex).

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Well, Glassmaker has finally arrived, just in time to save the thread from death!

How are people liking the new mechanic so far? Spoilers in, well, spoiler bars please.

21. - Top - End - #381

Griffon

I honestly haven't seen it in action yet. I've picked up two of the Things, somehow - apparently they spawn in maps randomly, then get obliterated by someone 500m away and I get a reward. That was ~3 hours of play time ago and I haven't seen anything about it since, so I'm mostly none-the-wiser.

22. - Top - End - #382

Logged in did the intro and went blergh, looked at rewards and some are interesting but im in no rush
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

23. - Top - End - #383
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I'm liking the premise and would really like to learn more, but apparently I'm going to have to wait until RNG decides I'm worthy to discover more of the narrative.

Spoiler: The aforementioned spawny things
    Show

I've been in one mission so far where a glass fissure spawned, but I had to take Nora's word about it because there were no Cephalites to be seen. Haven't gotten any other fissure spawns in the time I've been playing.

I am really, really not happy that DE decided to lock story content behind a random spawn that you have no ability to influence*. At least with

Spoiler: Double spoiler time - the Erra quest
    Show

Erra the Sentient ship got a marker on the Star Chart (eventually) and you roughly knew when it was going to appear.

And with Occulysts & the Natah mission - at least you knew they spawned on Uranus, and the chance of them spawning increased the more missions you did.

With this - you go into missions, and maybe you'll get a fissure, maybe you won't! You can't do anything to influence your progression! Isn't that exciting!

I know I'm getting annoyed over what is probably a minor bit of story but ... common DE. Was this really necessary?

* If I'm about this and there are ways to increase fissure spawns, please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

I was in the Vallis solo to get a couple of Nightwave objectives, and after I'd been in there about ten minutes, the glassed enemies started spawning in groups. I probably could have farmed them if I'd thought of it... So far, it looks like the longer you're in a mission, the more likely spawns are, but I haven't gotten around to checking the wiki for solid info.

Also, one thing that makes this simpler is that Glassed enemies are not new scannables, which at least saves some trouble.

As for my opinion on the glass murders: Gara is totally being framed.
    =====

25. - Top - End - #385

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Well, Glassmaker has finally arrived, just in time to save the thread from death!

How are people liking the new mechanic so far? Spoilers in, well, spoiler bars please.
    Hm... Well, I didn't have any expectations, but was still somehow disappointed. I don't mean that in the way people usually do on the internet where they mean that it was super trash or the like. I mean that I didn't expect Glassmaker to be a "murder" investigation, but soon as I found out I had the temporary hope that somehow DE had decided to build a Nancy Drew game inside of Warframe, adding yet another genre to their weird pile.

That aside, Glassmaker seems fine so far.

I was in the Vallis solo to get a couple of Nightwave objectives, and after I'd been in there about ten minutes, the glassed enemies started spawning in groups. I probably could have farmed them if I'd thought of it... So far, it looks like the longer you're in a mission, the more likely spawns are, but I haven't gotten around to checking the wiki for solid info.
    The two Open World maps love to spawn the mobs for the events - Saturn Six dropped pods of them all over the place.

I could picture that, but then we'd really have to have a window into the mind of the Warframes as people.

Spoiler: Second Dream and The Sacrifice Quest Spoilers
    Show

Also, I just realized that spoilers for The Sacrifice work as reverse spoilers for Second Dream. Because anyone who hasn't found out that they're playing Tenno not Warframes wouldn't be surprised that Warframes are people, and then once you've found out you're a Kiddo, Warframes being PEOPLE becomes a quasi-surprise again.

26. - Top - End - #386

NinjaGuy

Railjack seems to be a good place for the Spawny Things. Did two missions today to take advantage of the double XP weekend, and managed to get enough for to unlock the scene (though I was using Nekros to boost up drops).
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2020-05-15 at 11:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

IIRC, it was an Orokin punishment whose mechanism of application had been lost to time.

It looks like someone discovered a cache that details how to apply said punishment.

And the person who found it has a ... sense of Justice? Retribution? Who knows yet. But the victim you investigate didn't have 'clean hands', by the narrative offered by the Glassmaker.

All that's missing is the maniacal laughter, the black notebook, and a Void creature with a love of apples.

Edit: Also, looove the play on words there. Gara. Framed.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2020-05-18 at 09:03 AM.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

And they're STRONGLY telegraphing it's some sort of rogue Cephalon...
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    All that's missing is the maniacal laughter, the black notebook, and a Void creature with a love of apples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    And they're STRONGLY telegraphing it's some sort of rogue Cephalon...
    "Simaris! Stop showing the other Cephalons your anime collection! I don't care if you think they're priceless pre-War cultural artefacts, they're a bad influence!"

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    "Simaris! Stop showing the other Cephalons your anime collection! I don't care if you think they're priceless pre-War cultural artefacts, they're a bad influence!"
    HA! Fantastic.

Well, I might as well get into the murder mystery spirit. Largely baseless speculation, ho!
    Spoiler: Speculation
    Show
    So... Could the culprit be an exiting (That is, known to us, the players) Cephalon? Let's go through the possible culprits. I'm leaving out the player's cephalons and the faction Cephalons because they have too much lore attached to them to easily be replaced, but that still leaves five suspects

-Cephalon Samodeus: The rivenmaker. Pretty reclusive, so we don't have much to go on. This would be a good diagetic explanation for axing Riven Disposition, though (Hey, a guy can dream).
    -Cephalon Vull: Female Cephalon from the Conclave. Noted for being cheerfully bloodthirsty. Not a bad fit, but unfamiliar to a lot of players.
    -Cephalon Sark: Another Conclave Cephalon, noted for his loyalty to his team. Also does color commentary for the Index. The most well known of the conclave cephalons, but his personality doesn't seem like a good fit.
    -Cephalon Apnar: The final Conclave Cephalon. Does not like his own team. Decent fit, but has the same issues as Vull.
    -Cephalon Cordylon: The Lotus's assistant, and the former host of Ask a Cephalon. Generally helpful, but he's been silent for a long time. His mistress has also gone AWOL, which might have left him unhinged? On the other hand, if you started playing after early 2016, you'll have no idea who he is unless you've read the wiki.

Of course, it might be an entirely new Cephalon-

Actually, what if the culprit is someone who accidentally found the technology to turn themselves into a Cephalon, and has become unhinged as a result?