Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

Okay, here goes nothing!

Spoiler: Warframe
    Show

Spoiler: Secondary
    Show

Spoiler: Melee
    Show

Spoiler: My cat (though I may switch to my Helios instead for Codex stuff)
    Show

I know, it's probably really embarrassingly bad. I'm still not fully sure what I'm doing.

I haven't even BEEN to Fortuna yet!
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Ow, 14 unused mod capacity on your frame and best weapon. I see your problem. I also suspect that your problem is not having enough credits to be able to afford to upgrade your mods, when modding determines 90% of your effectiveness in Warframe. Next time we're both online at the same time, I'll drag you through the big credit farm mission so you can actually afford to upgrade your mods. The game makes it stupidly hard to get credits efficiently until freaking Neptune...

And remember that quickly unlocking a lot of the starmap is critically important to doing better at the game. You're missing a lot of must-have mods, and that's likely to be due to not running enough different mission types on different planets. I can help with that too, as I hate how necessary mods are RNG drops in this game and generally just give away copies of the most critical ones to new players.

Also, check the Nightwave vendor in the Navigation tab and see if you have enough event credits to buy more Auras. Corrosive Projection is possibly the best aura in the game, but it doesn't match Frost's polarity, and you always need to have a maxed out Aura of the correct polarity on every frame.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah...a lot of my credits have been spent more at the Foundry making new weapons and Frames to get Mastery Rank than for modding...
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

The best way for you to make creds (is to rush to unlocking Neptune) is to do the missions called Dark Sectors to use your First Mission of the Day boost. Those are the two missions on each planet that are at a dead end node and say they give a percentage bonus to rewards. Extracting at the first opportunity from a Dark Sector will give you a minimum of about 20k creds.

But really, your best option is to ask people you know to carry you through a couple of rounds of the Index to fix your credits issue for a long time. ...Hang on, I just realized one of the Nightwave objectives this week is an Index challenge and I haven't run it yet. If I brought you along for that, it would mean hundreds of thousands of credits and one of the Nightwave elite rewards. Well then, don't be surprised when I invite you at random one of these days.
    =====

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, we need to get you some credits so you can upgrade those mods. An unranked mod is basically worthless.

EDIT Here's what the Lex Prime I have sitting in my inventory, waiting for me to be able to find an Aklex Prime blueprint, looks like.
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT2 try this link instead? https://i.imgur.com/AtV2x80.png
    Last edited by Tome; 2020-01-24 at 03:03 PM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

My apologies, but I think your pic isn't working. I blame the recent server instability (this is the fourth time I've tried to post this reply!).

7. - Top - End - #277
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hornet Strike (Pistol Damage) 8/10
    Barrel Diffusion (Multishot) 5/5
    Target Cracker (Critical Damage) 5/5
    Pistol Gambit (Critical Chance) 5/5
    Augur Pact (More Damage) 5/5
    Convulsion (Electric Damage) 5/5
    Pistol Pestilence (Toxin + Status) 5/5

Total DPS multiplier: 35.97x
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    EDIT2 try this link instead? https://i.imgur.com/AtV2x80.png
    That's better! Thank you!

I actually did learn about the Dark Sectors and First Mission of the Day cred bonus from a YouTube vid. My first stop after I've logged in and gotten my Daily Tribute is Dark Sector Seimeni on Ceres. I've usually been pulling in 40,000 to 50,000 credits as a result! It's part of the reason I've been able to get my mods to the level they're at at the moment.

Is there anything I need to know if I want to try Plague Star tomorrow when I get home from work? How long does it take to "run?"

9. - Top - End - #279

Griffon

Plague Star doesn't take too long, about 15 minutes with a decent group and generally no longer than 25.

It's split into 4 parts - the first 3 are just normal Plains missions (Go to the place and kill everyone, go to the place and defend a console for 4 minutes, go to the place, hack a drone, and follow it to the next area) which can be done in about 10 minutes total, if you have an archwing launcher or a flying Warframe like Titania or Zephyr to get around.

The 4th phase is the tricky one. You fight an increasingly tough horde of Infested while a 3-headed boss monster spawns, and you have to kill it 4 times to end the mission. The boss monster gets very spongy and you can only hurt it when it's "mouths" are open, so you're forced to wait and take careful aim. Using melee on it is nigh-impossible, unless you have a flying warframe/archwing and are prepared to get VERY dangerous.

The good news is, it can 1-shot even my 'frames at MR25 with a few million creds invested into my mods if I'm not paying attention, so being a low-level player won't make any difference! Just don't stand right in front of it's big scythe-arm, and watch out for the crowds of monsters around you instead of focusing entirely on the Boss monster, and you'll probably be fine. Ignore the boss and focus on crowd-control or reviving your allies if you like, that's a noble and worthy occupation if you're not confident in fighting the Boss.

Also; don't climb up on the big grey/yellow boil itself - it's inherently Toxic and will drop you within seconds.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-01-26 at 05:52 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks! I don't think I'll get to it before the timer runs out since I have work today, but it's good to know for when it comes back.

I got an idea on how to deal with Inaros once and for all...if I'm dying so quickly, and fighting solo is part of the issue, I need a frame that just doesn't die (at least three times), and can make his own help ("Summoning a copy of me to help you, huh? Well, TWO CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME!"). I need WUKONG!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-01-26 at 07:42 AM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Nah, you just need to upgrade your mods. Some credits and endo should make your weapons significantly more effective.

They can't kill you if they're already dead.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks to NeoVid I've started doing that, starting with the mods they gave me (Augments for Oberon, Frost and Rhino, as well as Rage), as well as some of the weapon mods I already had.

The top tiers of some of the more basic mods (Vitality, Steel Fiber and Redirection) are REALLY expensive! I've already blown through the credits NeoVid helped me get by taxi'ing me to The Index, and I'm only over halfway on the latter 2, while I just have one more rank for Vitality to max it!

13. - Top - End - #283

Griffon

I found that the difference between rank 9 and 10 isn't as important as the difference between rank 0 and rank 5 or 6. Get a solid set of mods to over halfway and they'll carry you a LOT further than one mod at 10 and the rest at 0. You can then think about levelling them up further as and when you need them.

Especially if you don't have the Prime versions - some of the good ones like Vigor and Continuity get sold by Baro or as log-in rewards, and once you have them then you'll never need the non-Prime ones again which wastes their investment.

It's more fun too, as it takes less grind to get to a good position rather than all your resources on one thing, and you'll immediately be able to fight in different parts of the starmap that were previously a struggle.

This, honestly, is where you answer your original question: Is Warframe the game for me? Initial progress, gaining new 'frames and weapons, is fast but this is "the wall" that you have to overcome gradually in order to progress. Having high health or high damage alone won't be enough, you'll need the combination of health, shields, powers, weapon damage and the rest to ensure smooth sailing.
    I'm not saying that to scare you off of make some kind of "git gud" statement, not at all! What I am saying is, this is where you find out if you really enjoy Warframe's primary gameplay loop, as you'll be seeing a lot of it with a comparatively reduced rate of progress.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    The top tiers of some of the more basic mods (Vitality, Steel Fiber and Redirection) are REALLY expensive! I've already blown through the credits NeoVid helped me get by taxi'ing me to The Index, and I'm only over halfway on the latter 2, while I just have one more rank for Vitality to max it!
    Yeah, generally you can safely stop at 5 or 6 ranks on most of the ten rank mods. Leave anything beyond that for later, when credits are more plentiful.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

I almost always leave the ten rank mods at rank 8 just due to the cost being too high for the increase you get. Hell, I'm MR 25 and I just now decided to max out a copy of Vitality, and that was because one of my tank frames had 2 capacity left over that I didn't want to waste.
    =====

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

I got a core that I used to max out a prime mod, and a redirection at max the hard way because of how much I play Hildryn. That's it for my rank 10 mods.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Yeah, rank 5-6 is fine for most of the star chart, and rank 8 on the basic mods will carry you into the endgame and beyond. The only mod that you truly "need" to raise above that is Primed Regen, and that's because its scaling is unusual (The health restore it gives to the resurrected sentinel scales slower than the regular Regen mod, but it gives the sentinel 2 resurrections at rank 6+ and 3 at rank 9+). And even that's just a convenience thing. Maxxing out mods is something you do when you run out of better uses for endo.

... For that matter, most Primed Mods are overkill. The only ones I'd say are high priority are Primed Ravage and Primed Target Cracker (The base +crit damage mods for shotguns and pistols aren't great) and Primed Reach (Because it has so many more ranks than regular reach). The others? Fun, but unless you're playing a three hour survival mission, they're overkill.
    Last edited by Squark; 2020-01-26 at 10:49 PM.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I took your advice and went through Plague Star a few times and did a few Ostron bounties. I barely know what I'm doing out on the Plains, BUT I have the Plague Zaw parts I'd want most and the emblem for the event, and I got some more Nightwave rewards to boot! Tomorrow I'm going to visit Fortuna and do some bounties there!

What mods should I work on upgrading next?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

The basic mods would be...

Spoiler: Mods
    Show
    Damage mods
    Rifle: Serration
    Shotgun: Point Blank
    Pistol: Hornet Strike
    Melee: Pressure Point
    (Augur Pact is a common mod from Cetus rewards, and adds more pistol damage. Grab it if you can.)

Multishot mods
    Rifle: Split Chamber
    Shotgun: Hell's Chamber
    Pistol: Barrel Diffusion
    (Vigilante Armaments is another multishot mod, and fairly common from Cetus. Get that too if you can.)

Critical mods
    Rifle: Point Strike & Vital Sense
    Shotgun: Blunderbuss & Ravage
    Pistol: Pistol gambit & Target Cracker
    Melee: True Steel & Organ Shatter

Elemental mods
    Rifle: Cryo Rounds, Hellfire, Infected Clip, Stormbringer
    Shotgun: Chilling Grasp, Incendiary Coat, Contagious Spread, Charged Shell
    Pistol: Deep Freeze, Heated Charge, Pathogen Rounds, Convulsion
    Melee: North Wind, Molten Impact, Fever Strike, Shocking Touch
    (You can also start working on the so-called 60/60 mods. They're rare mods with 3 ranks that grant 60% elemental damage and 60% status chance when fully levelled. They can be a lot harder to gather, and are thus a secondary concern, but they work better than the 90 mods on status weapons.)

Defensive mods
    Redirection
    Vitality
    Steel Fiber

Ability mods (These are rarer than the other mods listed, but common enough that most players have a few spares they can donate.)
    Stretch
    Continuity
    Intensify
    Streamline
    (You can also get Augur Message/Reach/Secrets from Cetus, which cover the four ability stats aside from efficiency. If you get them, level them and use them to help increase your warframe powers even more.)

Auras (These are mostly going to come from Nightwave, so keep an eye out for them each week. You'll want one of each of the three main polarities.)
    Corrosive Projection/Energy Siphon
    Rejuvenation/Physique
    Steel Charge (or one of the Amp auras)

These mods will form the basics of almost every build. Once you have them all to 5 ranks you should be good to go. Once you have all the mentioned mods you can start looking at rare drops like Condition Overload, or stuff like nightmare mods and corrupted mods.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    The basic mods would be...

Spoiler: Mods
    Show
    Damage mods
    Rifle: Serration
    Shotgun: Point Blank
    Pistol: Hornet Strike
    Melee: Pressure Point
    (Augur Pact is a common mod from Cetus rewards, and adds more pistol damage. Grab it if you can.)

Multishot mods
    Rifle: Split Chamber
    Shotgun: Hell's Chamber
    Pistol: Barrel Diffusion
    (Vigilante Armaments is another multishot mod, and fairly common from Cetus. Get that too if you can.)

Critical mods
    Rifle: Point Strike & Vital Sense
    Shotgun: Blunderbuss & Ravage
    Pistol: Pistol gambit & Target Cracker
    Melee: True Steel & Organ Shatter

Elemental mods
    Rifle: Cryo Rounds, Hellfire, Infected Clip, Stormbringer
    Shotgun: Chilling Grasp, Incendiary Coat, Contagious Spread, Charged Shell
    Pistol: Deep Freeze, Heated Charge, Pathogen Rounds, Convulsion
    Melee: North Wind, Molten Impact, Fever Strike, Shocking Touch
    (You can also start working on the so-called 60/60 mods. They're rare mods with 3 ranks that grant 60% elemental damage and 60% status chance when fully levelled. They can be a lot harder to gather, and are thus a secondary concern, but they work better than the 90 mods on status weapons.)

Defensive mods
    Redirection
    Vitality
    Steel Fiber

Ability mods (These are rarer than the other mods listed, but common enough that most players have a few spares they can donate.)
    Stretch
    Continuity
    Intensify
    Streamline
    (You can also get Augur Message/Reach/Secrets from Cetus, which cover the four ability stats aside from efficiency. If you get them, level them and use them to help increase your warframe powers even more.)

Auras (These are mostly going to come from Nightwave, so keep an eye out for them each week. You'll want one of each of the three main polarities.)
    Corrosive Projection/Energy Siphon
    Rejuvenation/Physique
    Steel Charge (or one of the Amp auras)

These mods will form the basics of almost every build. Once you have them all to 5 ranks you should be good to go. Once you have all the mentioned mods you can start looking at rare drops like Condition Overload, or stuff like nightmare mods and corrupted mods.
    Thanks, Tome! I'll write these down and check 'em off as I max 'em!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Please disregard the previous post I made before the forums went down! I practiced and watched some how-to vids and managed to pass! Wow it's been a while!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-02-22 at 07:54 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

It has been.

I've managed to get my hands on both a kuva quartakk and a kuva dual stubba and am enjoying both. The quartakk's trigger is still goofy, but I'm starting to get used to it. Definitely like the improvements that have been made to acquiring a lich you want to fight.

With the announcement of upcoming events, maybe it's time to get back into railjack some. I've done every mission in earth proxima, but haven't touched saturn or veil yet.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

I have my railjack in good enough shape to do veil missions, so just drop me a line if you want me to take you anywhere.

I hope everyone had good luck with the Acolytes!

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

I did! Got my hands on Weeping Wounds, and got through the Thermia Fractures in two days to get my Opticor Vandal! I also got my first Primed mod from Baro (Primed Flow) and THEN I got all the way through Rank 30 in Nightwave so the Umbra Forma is mine!

But now I'm afraid to use it, because I don't know when Nightwave's next act will begin to obtain the next one, and a lot of the builds I'm seeing that use the Umbral mods don't even BOTHER using an Umbra Forma on the frame they're upgrading!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-02-22 at 10:45 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    I did! Got my hands on Weeping Wounds, and got through the Thermia Fractures in two days to get my Opticor Vandal! And THEN I got all the way through Rank 30 in Nightwave so the Umbra Forma is mine!

But now I'm afraid to use it, because I don't know when Nightwave's next act will begin to obtain the next one, and a lot of the builds I'm seeing that use the Umbral mods don't even BOTHER using an Umbra Forma on the frame they're upgrading!
    As I mentioned earlier, you can just forma the slot for a non-umbra mod and get the same benefits (IE free up some mod capacity), so umbra forma are kind of niche. Especially when you can farm regular forma so easily. I'd just save the umbra forma for now.

Also, I picked up Primed Chamber myself. The Vectis Prime build with it is pretty fun, I just wish snipers were more usable in regular missions.
    Last edited by Tome; 2020-02-22 at 10:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Primed Chamber was out of my price range, but I've heard mixed reviews regarding it, and I'm not particularly fond of sniper rifles anyway (though I imagine that will change once I learn how to hunt Eidolons and complete a Rubico Prime).

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

It's very niche.

Pretty good within that niche though.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Also, oh my GOSH, virminks are cute!

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

Glad to have this community back! Finally got a Kuva Quartakk, which is one of the only Kuva weapons I actually wanted... and it had the minimum 25% bonus. Sigh. Still, I quickly learned how to handle the firing modes, and it turns out I like this method more than having a switch mode button: If you start firing while unzoomed, it'll begin autofiring and then continue autofiring once you start aiming.

Also, I Railjack a lot, and I think the big flaw in the system is that there's no reason to run anything but Veil missions. You can be invited into premade groups for Veil even if you don't have Intrinsics high enough to queue up for that level, so everyone can do what I did and skip straight to joining the highest reward missions and collecting Mark 3 gear before even using your own Railjack for the first time. I just stayed on board the host's ship and handled repairs/gunnery with my puny skills, which worked fine.

Hopefully they'll add Anomaly missions in the lower level Proxima to give a legit reason to run the lower levels aside from resource farming. ...Actually, with the current story direction, that's got a good chance of happening.
    =====

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Managed to snag both Argon Scope and Nano-Applicator, which means I'm pretty much set for Acolyte Mods since the other rares are rather niche. Also got Primed Chamber without having to grind because I had forgotten to cash in my prime junk for several months, so that was nice. I'm also getting ready to join the Tenno Space Program! (Or, in layman's terms, get my hands on the Kuva Bramma, and then spend hours blowing myself up by firing a mortar shell with a bow).

I haven't touched Railjack much since I got mine built- Does anyone have any suggestions for jumping back in? I'm guessing I should probably focus on joining crews rather than captaining my own since most randoms don't seem to want to stay in my stock Railjack, but beyond that?
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe