New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    I haven't touched Railjack much since I got mine built- Does anyone have any suggestions for jumping back in? I'm guessing I should probably focus on joining crews rather than captaining my own since most randoms don't seem to want to stay in my stock Railjack, but beyond that?
    Level your intrinsics and build resources by joining other crews first. Don't bother going for any mark one or two parts, just save up until you can get some decent mark three ones.

Zetki Avionics are far superior to other types of avionics, so wait until you have the zetki version to level them up. Having proper avionics can make a huge difference, and is why a high avionics generator is one of the two most important ship parts (the other being the guns).

Start the research for the Tycho launchers asap, if your clan hasn't done them already. I haven't seen them drop as wreckage, and the other types seem fairly useless, so you'll need the MKIII version from your dojo research.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

YES! Just got my 100-day reward (Zenistar)!

Something I've been wondering: I got my hands on Oberon Prime (though this was surprisingly BEFORE he got unvaulted with Nekros Prime), and he's quickly becoming one of my favorite frames. I've found two builds that are pretty attractive, but I can't decide which to Forma my frame for. I'll lay them out here, with the un-polarized slots marked with an asterisk:

Spoiler: Build 1
    Show
    Growing Power - Power Drift
    Hunter Adrenaline - Umbral Vitality* - Umbral Fiber* - Umbral Intensify
    Fleeting Expertise - Stretch - Primed Continuity - Streamline

Maxxed Arcane Energize - Maxxed Arcane Grace

Spoiler: Build 2
    Show
    Corrosive Projection - Power Drift
    Primed Continuity - Hunter Adrenaline - Umbral Vitality* - Adaptation (only at rank 6)
    Primed Flow - Augur Secrets - Umbral Intensify* - Phoenix Renewal*

2 Maxxed Arcane Guardians

I understand that these builds are quite similar, but slightly differ in their goals: both look to improve Oberon's existing abilities, one using the Umbral Mods and relying on Oberon being able to use all of his powers repeatedly, while the second one focuses on making Oberon more of an immortal tank by focusing almost exclusively Phoenix Renewal powered by a large energy pool. Would I be correct in this assessment? I also know that the first one depends on many more mods that are at the moment out of my reach, such as the Umbral Mods (though their vanilla counterparts are handy substitutes until then), Power Drift (I'm nowhere near getting to Lua at the moment) and Fleeting Expertise (Also nowhere near the Derelicts), and Growing Power (I have a LOT of quests to do before I can access The Silver Grove) while I'm actually pretty close to having most of the mods needed for the second one (I already have Corrosive Projection, Hunter Adrenaline and Primed Flow, and Augur Secrets can pretty easily be obtained from doing bounties for Konzu, while Phoenix Renewal can be obtained from Steel Meridian, who I just need to give an Equinox Prime Neuroptics to once I find one).

What do you folks think?
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-02-23 at 07:44 PM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

3. - Top - End - #303
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

I think there's enough crossover between the two that you could spec for either as you feel like. You have 3 loadouts that are just one click away from swapping over, after all.

Go to Cephalon Simaris and buy a Naramon Transmute core to turn Growing Power into a Naramon-aligned mod. 50k Standing isn't prohibitively expensive, but then you can have the best of both worlds and swap them in/out as you like.

There's enough cross-over in the other mods that it should be reasonably affordable with normal Forma rather than relying on Aura Forma, but its there as an option
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I already aura-Forma'd my Oberon Prime, so that's not an issue. Can different loadouts have different polarities in the slots or do you need an entire new warframe to forma? The reason I was concerned was because the former build will use my Umbra Forma, while the other doesn't require it, having a Vazarin polarity for Adaptation.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-02-24 at 08:28 AM.

5. - Top - End - #305

The polarity is on the warframe and applies to the whole loadout.
    Two Oberons formaed differently is a real phenomenon.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #306
    Titan in the Playground

Suppose I could do that. I technically do have two Oberons, a regular one and a Prime one...though right now my item construction budget is REALLY limited due to me needing to complete a quest, a boss fight and unlocking a bunch of nodes before I can regularly farm Nano Spores...almost ALL the blueprints I've got sitting around need like 4,000-5,000 each!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-02-24 at 12:44 PM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

You can probably make both builds work with just one umbral polarity. Remember that maxing out a primed or umbral mod is very expensive (multiple millions of credits), so it will likely take you quite a while before you have everything listed ranked up enough that you run out of non-umbral slots to forma.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Which mods would I keep in the build if I combined the two?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

9. - Top - End - #309
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Go to Cephalon Simaris and buy a Naramon Transmute core to turn Growing Power into a Naramon-aligned mod. 50k Standing isn't prohibitively expensive, but then you can have the best of both worlds and swap them in/out as you like.
    Just for the record, that is not what transmute cores do. They will not change the polarity of an existing mod. Transmuting consumes four mods and some credits to return a single random mod. Using a transmute core as one of the four mods means the random choice is limited to mods with a matching polarity, and the credit cost is removed. You can't get mods with non-standard polarities from anything.

10. - Top - End - #310

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Just for the record, that is not what transmute cores do. They will not change the polarity of an existing mod. Transmuting consumes four mods and some credits to return a single random mod. Using a transmute core as one of the four mods means the random choice is limited to mods with a matching polarity, and the credit cost is removed. You can't get mods with non-standard polarities from anything.
    ....Oh. My bad.

....My way is a lot more interesting.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

'Tis cool! Like I said, I already used an Aura Forma on my Oberon Prime, so I don't have to worry about the polarities.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Got my paws on Primed Continuity from Baro, YES!!

I've seen mentions of "pads" lately; Ammo Pads, Energy Pads and Health Pads mostly. Are those the Squad Restores? I'm thinking they may be the answer to winning the final fight of Sands of Inaros, since I have two tanky frames that can ignore status effects with the right mods, Oberon Prime and Rhino, and I figure if I use these pads to keep my energy topped off, I'll be able to keep my frame alive throughout the fight. So I want to make sure I'm crafting the right things.

Also, how common is it to "waste" Forma on a frame by polarizing them one way, but then changing your mind and needing to swap it to a different polarity, meaning you have to wait until you've fully levelled the frame again to fix your mistake? I feel like I might have done that with my Oberon Prime...
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-02-28 at 09:22 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ogre in the Playground

Polarizing more slots is never a waste, if you gave something the wrong polarity you should just alter your loadout to make use of it. More mod capacity is always good.

Good news: Looks like the devs are working on the latest bunch of fundamental mechanics changes, in hopes of evening out things like making Status Chance as strong as Critical Chance, and shields as useful as armor. Along with other things of that sort, like making all damage types useful (yes, you'll have a reason to build for Magnetic).
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently they're also removing THE DREADED SELF-DAMAGE!!!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-02-28 at 11:09 PM.

15. - Top - End - #315

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Apparently they're also removing THE DREADED SELF-DAMAGE!!!
    Ugh, another loss to the whingers, ever present in dumbing the game down.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

So, what are those "pads" I asked about? Are they the Squad Restores? I just want to know what I should start investing in crafting.

Also, could I beat the Tomb Guardian if I use my Oberon Prime as is at the moment but with the Energy Siphon aura? Hallowed Ground+Renewal to make me immune to the toxin proc and heal myself, and then if it's getting too hot, hide somewhere else in the tomb and let Energy Siphon top me off so I can recast Hallowed Ground+Renewal and dive back into the fray? Yeah, it would take a lot of time, but that's kind of par for the course with these Tomb battles (even WITH the Torid in the second fight, it took FOREVER to whittle down the rock monsters because I had to continually hide and wait before sneaking up on the rock monsters again to repeat the process).

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a lot of options for how to take down a swarm of armored enemies, but honestly I'd recommend asking on the Recruitment channel if there's anyone with the same mission who can join you. Someone there to revive you makes any tough fight far easier.
    =====

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    There's a lot of options for how to take down a swarm of armored enemies, but honestly I'd recommend asking on the Recruitment channel if there's anyone with the same mission who can join you. Someone there to revive you makes any tough fight far easier.
    Unfortunately he's on the Inaros quest chain, which makes recruitment difficult since you can't restart the quest once you've completed it (you can only re-buy the bits from Simaris).

It sounds like he's on the final fight against the Tomb Protector, which is essentially an Inaros spectre. Corrosive damage (or Heat these days) is your friend - here's an old video of someone taking him on with a Rhino and a Dread.

People have cheesed it with Valkyr with Hysteria or a Fatal Teleport Ash (not sure that still works though). I think I did the quest with Rhino and the Vaykor Marelok.
    Oberon is a little energy dependent for his tanking for my liking, but supplementing him with energy/health pizzas (Squad Energy Restores / Squad Health Restores) could be the way to go for him.

Archpaladin Zousha: Once you've crafted the restores, don't forget to equip them to the Gear Wheel and I highly recommend linking them to a hotkey for quick access (I use the Numpad).

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

How did you handle it with your Rhino? I've got one, and I know Iron Skin makes me immune to status effects as well with Iron Shrapnel allowing me to recast it at will. I can get my hands on a Vaykor Marelok if I farm for an Equinox Prime Neuroptics, and that's one of the guns I've always wanted anyway...Could I get away with it using my regular Marelok?

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

How did you handle it with your Rhino? I've got one, and I know Iron Skin makes me immune to status effects as well with Iron Shrapnel allowing me to recast it at will. I can get my hands on a Vaykor Marelok if I farm for an Equinox Prime Neuroptics, and that's one of the guns I've always wanted anyway...Could I get away with it using my regular Marelok?
    Off the top of my head, I had an off-polarity, incomplete build using Energy Siphon and focused on power strength, health and armour. I neglected duration (Roar ate into my energy pool, which I needed for Iron Skin) and I didn't have Iron Shrapnel at the time, so I had enough Capacity.

Playing around on Warframe builder gives me something like this: link. Looking at the build now makes me cringe, but I'm fairly sure that's close to what I had.

I don't think you can get away with it using the regular Marelok - I remember the Syndicate proc saving my hide at least once.

As for how I handled it, centre of mass shots mainly (V.Marelok is not a sniper) or headshots when the AI glitched out and I could play peekaboo from behind a pillar (like in the video). I do remember my V.Marelok build though - link.
    It was from before I discovered you can re-polarised already polarised slots (plus move them once you've forma'd it once) and that damn Vazarin D slot was a pain to hit anything decent into.

These days you have much better builds and options - for example Taxon with his slow ray should make things much easier (back then, nearly everybody used Carrier as it was the only Sentinel that could fit Vacuum).

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

I just dropped an obscene amount of Platinum on Nano Spores and Plastids because I didn't want to farm them for the project I was working on. What is wrong with me?!

22. - Top - End - #322
    Pixie in the Playground

I fought through the whole Inaros quest with my Rhino too and not with highly ranked or rare mods, because those are things I don't have. For the Tomb Guardians, the strategy came down to using Galatine, any big swingy melee would work I guess, stand in the middle of the Guardian pulk with Iron Skin on, recast if empty, and just swing away. Wasn't elegant, but it worked.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

I just dropped an obscene amount of Platinum on Nano Spores and Plastids because I didn't want to farm them for the project I was working on. What is wrong with me?!
    It means you're the kind of player the dev studio needs: Someone who'd rather spend money than time.
    =====

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    It means you're the kind of player the dev studio needs: Someone who'd rather spend money than time.
    I mean, I didn't just spend it on the resources to make it, I also used it to buy the blueprints for it since some of the mission types they drop from are currently inaccessible to me.

I have my Xiphos now...but was it worth it? Part of me feels like it would have been impossible to obtain otherwise, but another part of me feels like that's just an excuse when I've just been to impatient and cowardly to beat the Inaros quest and then do the next quests to unlock Saturn.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-03-02 at 08:43 AM.

25. - Top - End - #325

Griffon

I'm sorry to say that the different ships are 99% cosmetic. They only thing they change is 1 item that you can load into your gear wheel, and they're all pretty crappy items regardless of what ship you use that have no place after the upper-midgame, or even before then depending on what mission you're in.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I have my Xiphos now...but was it worth it?
    IMHO, nope.

The Liset has the best all-around, since it's an instant hack.

Xiphos and Mantis drop stationary defense / healing respectively. Not so good on missions where you need to be on the move. Higher levels, the defense turret is ... well, squishy.

Scimitar is a targeted carpet bomb that does so little dam that warframe abilities and weapon status effects win out.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't get it for its abilities, I haven't ever made any Air Support Charges. I just thought it looked cooler than the Liset.

28. - Top - End - #328

Fashion is endgame after all.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm about to hit MR26 and I don't have the Xiphos, so if there is something you're going to get with plat, an item that hard to earn is a fair choice.
    =====

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

I spent plat to get Hildryn pretty early on, and don't regret it in the slightest.