New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground 4 - Rotation C

It's just that I thought there was an unspoken rule that you never, EVER spend Plat on resources.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    It's just that I thought there was an unspoken rule that you never, EVER spend Plat on resources.
    Spend your money how you please. Most of what constitutes an "unspoken rule" is commonsense or cutesy and that there is one for not spending X resource on Y outcome is a little bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I spent plat to get Hildryn pretty early on, and don't regret it in the slightest.
    I bought her as soon as i saw what she did with out a qualm, same with Garuda. Ivara was a funny one as four of us basically bought her at the same time after trying for hours and not getting any of her parts.
    Last edited by Leon; 2020-03-03 at 08:50 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

3. - Top - End - #333

Griffon

I made a tactical decision and bought Nekros a long, long time ago. He was my... 7th Warframe? 8th? Something like that.

While I generally don't believe in paying to skip sections of the game, there's now ~60 of them (including Primes and Umbra) to build, and having Nekros to bump up farming rates sure as hell made life a lot easier in the early(ish) game
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

I've mostly limited myself to stuff I couldn't get through gameplay, but I did buy kavat genetic codes prior to the odds of getting them being changed (And even then, hunting for them is hell without a drop chance booster)
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

IT'S ANNIVERSARY TIME!

Don't forget to log in and get your new set of Dex armor! And if you're a relative newb like me who hasn't had the opportunity to get the other Dex stuff yet, make sure you do the special missions each weekend!

It's the Dex Afuris secondary and Dex Noutchali Syandana this weekend (and that syandana looks GREAT with the new armor)!
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

6. - Top - End - #336

The double aff weekend is a very welcome thing as well, i have been busily formaing my selection of kuva weapons. Quad Exp makes the onerous task of five extra forma not as bad
    Last edited by Leon; 2020-03-08 at 12:01 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Hmm... the changes to Sure shot should help the dex furis out quite a bit as well, come to think of it.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I'm liking the shield and armor changes.

With adaptation on those really tough missions, I'm just having way too much fun with my Khora and Saryn.

And, after all this time, finally got Galatine Prime ... but argh! I have the Pennant, which is just way too much fun in comparison!
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    And, after all this time, finally got Galatine Prime ... but argh! I have the Pennant, which is just way too much fun in comparison!
    I was under the impression that the Galatine Prime had been power-creeped by the Gram Prime?

I don't have the Pennant yet, so I can't compare.

I need to make more sacrifices to RNGesus...

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I was under the impression that the Galatine Prime had been power-creeped by the Gram Prime?
    My understanding is that's true, but does not diminish the Galatine Prime's status as a phenomenal weapon.

11. - Top - End - #341

Galprime is a better weapon than any trumped up gram ever is. Didn't get to finish off all my Kuva weapons on x4 exp sadly, the failing HDD was making some distressing noises yesterday whenever i tried to play anything but of course its fine today. In a couple of days its SSD successor arrives and all my games get to be on one not just Xcom2.
    Last edited by Leon; 2020-03-09 at 10:50 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

My understanding was that Galantine Prime is more practical for most frames, but Gram Prime pulls ahead for Wisp, Valkyr, Volt, and anyone else who can get a melee attack speed boost from powers.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I don't have the Pennant yet, so I can't compare.
    While the pennant has less overall base damage, it has a greater crit chance and damage modifier.

It's slightly slower - base - but when you add in the heavy attack +50% speed bonus, plus any other speed modifiers you can get applied, you just become a whirlwind.

And since I main Khora on Railjack missions - a simple ensnare to get everyone together, a heavy attack as an opener... cat in a blender.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    And since I main Khora on Railjack missions - a simple ensnare to get everyone together, a heavy attack as an opener... cat in a blender.
    I do roughly the same with a Cyath machete zaw, but using Valkyr. Drop a War Cry on any boarders to keep them together, then a single heavy attack just kills them all. War Cry is Valkyr's remote support option, so I can drop that before even teleporting to the boarding location.

I would switch to Pennant, but I have a riven for the Cyath with really good stats: +reach, +initial combo, +crit damage, and a harmless negative.
    Last edited by Excession; 2020-03-11 at 05:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

For those fashion framers, the Shamrock palette is currently available on the market for 1 credit for about a week from time of posting.

16. - Top - End - #346

Warframe on a SSD is a nice upgrade
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

So apparently my favorite gun (Corinth) is getting Primed?!

EDIT: Also, I DID IT! I finally completed the Sands of Inaros questline, which has been plaguing me for months! I was more than a little stunned at just how fast Valkyr's Hysteria tore the boss apart each time! Even when I ran out of energy, the new status changes meant I could still take down the statues relatively well with my modded Zenistar, and once I was done, I also completed The New Strange, allowing me to unlock Saturn just in time to scrape together enough credits and ducats to buy the Prisma Skana from Baro Ki'Teer! Things are FINALLY making progress after so long!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2020-03-14 at 11:56 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

Scarlet Spear has dropped, if anyone hadn't noticed
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

19. - Top - End - #349

Griffon

I gave it a try for an hour or so. First impression is that it seems nice and straight-forward - The ground missions are just a variation on Mobile Defence, but sadly they don't seem to provide score for the event.

That's a bit of a bugger because I wasn't able to get into a space mission - the ground/space squads were pretty lopsided as everyone figures out what they're doing, and I couldn't get a match made whenever I tried space. Trying to solo the new mission with my level 0 railjack just isn't happening

I'm slightly put off by how expensive the rewards are - 15,000 'coins' for one weapon or glyph when you're making about 300-400 per mission? ~50 missions per reward might be a bit too much for me, but until I've got a better idea of what rewards you get from the missions then I guess I'll give it a more thorough go when I have time
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-03-24 at 05:37 PM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I gave it a try for an hour or so. First impression is that it seems nice and straight-forward - The ground missions are just a variation on Mobile Defence, but sadly they don't seem to provide score for the event.

That's a bit of a bugger because I wasn't able to get into a space mission - the ground/space squads were pretty lopsided as everyone figures out what they're doing, and I couldn't get a match made whenever I tried space. Trying to solo the new mission with my level 0 railjack just isn't happening

I'm slightly put off by how expensive the rewards are - 15,000 'coins' for one weapon or glyph when you're making about 300-400 per mission? ~50 missions per reward might be a bit too much for me, but until I've got a better idea of what rewards you get from the missions then I guess I'll give it a more thorough go when I have time
    You do get score from the ground missions btw. Or at least you get the event credits and I saw a score counter whilst I was running one.

Also, the rewards apparently grows exponentially with the length of the mission. Might be the temporary return of the old 1-2 hour survivial meta.

Bit annoyed that I can't get any crew matchmaking in when I take my railjack out. I mean, yes, it's almost maxed out so the initial waves of sentients can barely do more than scratch its paint whilst I go solo the actual objective, but that doesn't let me get any real reward.
    Last edited by Tome; 2020-03-24 at 06:40 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

21. - Top - End - #351

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    You do get score from the ground missions btw. Or at least you get the event credits and I saw a score counter whilst I was running one.
    Wow... Turns out, you get so little score per mission that I couldn't even see it on the progress bar, that's why I thought I got nothing.

[EDIT] Just double-checked it for myself. As far as I can tell, you only score points for the event if you complete MORE than the 3 minimum Condrix needed to open the extraction. If you fight/upload only to the first three and then leave, you score nothing.

Good thing I still have a bunch of Zaws to master, 'coz I'm gonna be here a while!
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-03-24 at 07:40 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352

A maxed out ground mission (17 of the scout pods) is 2295 credits.
    If your Flotilla clears 100 ships in the time limit, you get sent a chunk of bonus credits as long as you earned at least 1000 credits the normal way.

Railjack matchmaking failed for me as well.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

I got one random on my Railjack when I tried a space mission. When we talked about the mission afterward, I was very glad the game had grouped him with me, since he didn't have spoilermode yet and couldn't reset Sentient damage resistance.

I'm glad that this event is accessible to newer players, but if it doesn't team new players with vets, fighting Sentients is going to be impossible for unprepared players. Looks like premade groups will be highly recommended.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

24. - Top - End - #354

Griffon

Sounds like - at least for the time being - Space missions need to be done with an organised group, similar to Orokin Derelict missions. No doubt it'll be tweaked in the future, but for now I'll stick to Ground missions as I'm not prepared for that kind of aggravation all over again

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

I can't even PARTICIPATE in Scarlet Spear since I'm still working my way towards Second Dream. I am incredibly disappointed in missing out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for unique stuff.

26. - Top - End - #356

There is a 100% chance that there will be another opportunity to get the unique gun some other way in the future. Might show up at Baro's, might just be a rerun of the event.
    For the badges and so on, the event runs for a month; you could probably work your way to it in plenty of time.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    I can't even PARTICIPATE in Scarlet Spear since I'm still working my way towards Second Dream. I am incredibly disappointed in missing out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for unique stuff.
    Well damn, since I'd already been in groups with people who don't have spoilermode unlocked, I'd assumed that this event was available to everyone. And here I was thinking that the number of super low level Sentients in the ground missions would make it easy for newer players to upgrade their Amps...
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

In practice, low level SPOILERS are too fragile to level up amps (Especially the Mote Amp, since it's just plain awful). High level spy missions work better, since if you hack the terminal while in spoiler mode, you can get 12000 Affinity towards an Amp if you were undetected. And since Pago has the same 3 rooms each time as well as highly desirable rewards, you can kill two birds with one stone. 13 runs will get you a level 30 Amp as well as a couple rare mods and a bunch of endo and relics.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    In practice, low level SPOILERS are too fragile to level up amps (Especially the Mote Amp, since it's just plain awful). High level spy missions work better, since if you hack the terminal while in spoiler mode, you can get 12000 Affinity towards an Amp if you were undetected. And since Pago has the same 3 rooms each time as well as highly desirable rewards, you can kill two birds with one stone. 13 runs will get you a level 30 Amp as well as a couple rare mods and a bunch of endo and relics.
    I leveled them up in ESO while farming for Vandal parts and rep. Just run the start of the round while rep runs normally and then play like...Saryn, press 1 once for good measure and jump into operator form for the rest of the round while your contributions are entirely superfluous (shoot stuff with the amp obviously). Easy to max out an Amp in one run to 8.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    I leveled them up in ESO while farming for Vandal parts and rep. Just run the start of the round while rep runs normally and then play like...Saryn, press 1 once for good measure and jump into operator form for the rest of the round while your contributions are entirely superfluous (shoot stuff with the amp obviously). Easy to max out an Amp in one run to 8.
    For better amps and with the basic durability arcanes, I can see that working, but without them... eugh. ESO-level enemies will splatter the player in seconds, and the mote amp's continuous fire means you can't rely on Void Mode to dodge fire the way better amps can.